PDA

View Full Version : Harley Quinn PF -- cloth or full sculpted

Demona
01-22-2013, 12:21 PM
When SS cranks out Harley, do you think they will be matching her up in style with Joker or Ivy?

I'm a little worried with a full bodysuit of cloth given the issues with Baroness. But we have yet to see how the fully sculpted Ivy comes out with the paint. (Good lord it better be damn near perfect! :praying:)

I would prefer a full sculpt on Harley to match Ivy as I only collect female figures so they can match.

Which do you think SS will do? Better yet, which would you like to see?

Vince-Vell
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
doubt they will go with cloth cause it will look just like the DC PF HQ and it just doesnt look right.

Rather see sculpt, and then maybe some fuzzy cloth balls on her mask then they can say PF.

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 12:59 PM
Fully sculpted all the way (unless they do fabric balls like Vince explained). Catwoman should also be fully sculpted to avoid ending up looking like the DC piece people can't seem to get rid of.

dino76m
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
i think i prefer removable clothes, so when im alone I can remove it and stare at it, im glad there is a thread with this topic :D

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 01:15 PM
i think i prefer removable clothes, so when im alone I can remove it and stare at it, im glad there is a thread with this topic :D

:stick:

Spazzy
01-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Fully sculpted if they are smart if they need fabric maybe the neck piece could be material, but not important. I was pretty dissappointed with the baroness bodysuit and the black cat bodysuit I am sure I will be equally dissappointed if Harley had one too

Juggernaut
01-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Fully sculpted.

I prefer fully sculpted for comicbook characters. It gives that comicbook likeness.

loricstone
01-22-2013, 03:38 PM
You fully sculpted peeps are just asking for another Spiderwoman fiasco. I see it coming. Rest assured, Storm and Poison Ivy will be the same way.

The more I think about it, I think its a cultural thing why less attention is given to the female paint jobs and more attention given to the males.

I hope I am wrong in that assumption, because that is simply what that is, but stranger things have happened. I will keep my fingers crossed for all you who have Storm and PI (including me) on PO.

So to answer this question, it should be more mixed media than more fully sculpted.

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry, I don't get where you're coming from. I'm pretty sure anyone would agree that properly doing a full fabric suit WELL on a 1/4 statue would be much more complicated and complex than simply doing it painted on a fully sculpted piece.

I mean if they can't get a simple paintjob right, what makes you think they could get a full fabric suit done right?

gomur
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Harley Quinn aside, this thread points to a deeper aesthetic question of FULLY SCULPTED versus MIXED MEDIA. I'm a firm believer in the former, though there have been mixed media statues that I've enjoyed.

Gambit, Cyclops, and Rogue used the cloth to perfection with jackets and coats. You still got to see their heroic physiques molded underneath and not obscured by some "pajama" effect. Honestly, that's about the extent that I appreciate a fabric element to a statue: capes, coats, jackets.

For a full body costume like Harley Quinn, I'd say sculpt the whole thing. The Premium Format Black Cat was amazing, but it's been a while since Sideshow's brought that level of quality to a premium format superhero.

Demona
01-22-2013, 04:28 PM
You fully sculpted peeps are just asking for another Spiderwoman fiasco. I see it coming. Rest assured, Storm and Poison Ivy will be the same way.

The more I think about it, I think its a cultural thing why less attention is given to the female paint jobs and more attention given to the males.

I hope I am wrong in that assumption, because that is simply what that is, but stranger things have happened. I will keep my fingers crossed for all you who have Storm and PI (including me) on PO.

So to answer this question, it should be more mixed media than more fully sculpted.

Storm isn't fully sculpted, but yes, Ivy is.

Since SS hasn't jacked up a DC character yet (other than bad packaging), I think that the factory could do either a full sculpt OR cloth outfit well on Harley.

What I'm more curious about is what people want -- not what the factory can crank out properly.

That's hit or miss with Marvel ladies but DC and other licenses turn out fabulous.

Remember Me?
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM

:hilarious:

BurningRage
01-22-2013, 05:17 PM
Keep the DC ladies fully sculpted.

chezzrok
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Fully sculpted preferred, also

A Cimmerian
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Fully sculpted is the way to go.

benzite
01-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Mixed media for me.
With some of the bad paint jobs popping out maybe some cloth will make it easier for sideshows workers to get the painted details right.

Titanchuck
01-22-2013, 06:22 PM
Mixed media

_Updated 1/21 ...1/4 Enterbay Battle Damaged Terminator

DarthKy
01-22-2013, 06:29 PM
Mixed Media for me.
As long as its the same standard as Black cat PF.

vmcoelho
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
I honestly prefer mixed media on all figures. But in this case it would be too risky: they wouldnt be able to make all the curves as they deserve to..

I really liked how spider woman's body sculpt turned out.. That would not be possible in mixed media im sure.

Best thing would be to just produce some parts in cloth like some suggested

Frankierock
01-22-2013, 06:41 PM
Sculpted for me...

Whirl Wind Boy
01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
As long as it looks good i'll be happy! As for Sideshow doing good with DC characters, only one has been released so far. Lets keep that in perspective.

supermn619
01-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Fully Sculpt! or we will have another Baroness!!!

Stiler
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Sculpted clothing is much better on smaller scale non 1:1 lifesize statues.

For the simpel fact that REAL cloth will never "look right" on things that are meant to liek realistic but are small, the way the clothing bends/folds will just not look how it should.

Which is why sculpted clothing looks far better and more "realistic" for non lifesize statues imo.

Don't get me wrong, it can work if used properly, and not as the "ENTIRE" costume. Like say, using real leather or cloth for a belt or a small jacket (though the folds won't work as well still). Gambit PF is an example of this. They used sculpted clothing for most things except for his jacket, which you can take on/off.

I really hope they go with sculpted clothing and only use cloth on a small detail thing or something and not on her outfit.

greatwall
01-22-2013, 07:39 PM
I prefer premium format scale in sculpted suit but thats not gonna happen. All premium format scale comes with some type of fabric or leather suits.

CustomPaintWork
01-22-2013, 07:54 PM
^ Spider-Woman is fully sculpted.

For those that can appreciate the Black Cat PF.. that is a shiny example of how curves and sculpture can best be represented in mixed media with a light-weight fabric. I just hope that they strive more for innovation in costuming... from the looks of it the Batman and Superman PFS made remarkable progress in that area.

Submissive421
01-22-2013, 08:18 PM
I believe Harley will work if they use spandex for her entire outfit. It will look better then the Baroness. I don't see Sideshow changing things in the middle of line.

They would get more complaints if they weren't consistent throughout the entire line. I honestly don't see them doing fully sculpted

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 08:29 PM
I believe Harley will work if they use spandex for her entire outfit. It will look better then the Baroness. I don't see Sideshow changing things in the middle of line.

They would get more complaints if they weren't consistent throughout the entire line. I honestly don't see them doing fully sculpted

I don't understand you're logic here. You say you don't think they would change things up in the middle of the line, but Poison Ivy is fully sculpted while Batman and Joker are not.

Finalape
01-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Sculpt!

I have very little faith in mixed media bodysuits for any female with the materials they use these days. It's too difficult to work around the curves with a thick fabric, and if someone manages that then the seams look really bad. The other downside is the muscletone and talent of the sculptor will never show through.

CustomPaintWork
01-22-2013, 08:33 PM
Harley isn't really known for her muscletone though..

Jus sayin

Submissive421
01-22-2013, 08:39 PM
I don't understand you're logic here. You say you don't think they would change things up in the middle of the line, but Poison Ivy is fully sculpted while Batman and Joker are not.

That is true. She really isn't wearing clothes technically. They are a bunch of leaves so I see why they did her fully sculpted. But at least Harley is actually using a jumpsuit.

I'm actually interested if they did Poison with hundreds of leaves on. But they way they handle some of the quality, it would have been a disaster anyway

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 08:50 PM
That is true. She really isn't wearing clothes technically. They are a bunch of leaves so I see why they did her fully sculpted. But at least Harley is actually using a jumpsuit.

I'm actually interested if they did Poison with hundreds of leaves on. But they way they handle some of the quality, it would have been a disaster anyway

Totally! I agree with you on understanding why they did Ivy sculpted. Fabric leaves would have looked stupid as hell. I just didn't know what you meant by them not changing it up in the middle, when really, they did.

DRAGONTHEBOMB
01-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Cloth

EnShinNoi
01-22-2013, 10:07 PM
Fully sculpted only because it'll better match Ivy. If Ivy had fabric stockings, I may be saying the opposite.

Demona
01-22-2013, 10:53 PM
Fully sculpted only because it'll better match Ivy. If Ivy had fabric stockings, I may be saying the opposite.

Yep, I want her to match Ivy too as I'm nt going to get Joker or Bats by my collection is only female.

Hope this release comes soon.

Wonder if SS knows what they are going to do with her yet?

modus
01-22-2013, 10:55 PM
I don't care as long as it looks good.

dechirico7
01-22-2013, 11:08 PM
I don't care as long as it looks good.

Same here. I also dont want her to look like Barbie. So a twisted twisted would be great.

Submissive421
01-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Yay she should look like this :hilarious:

NorthernLadMSP
01-22-2013, 11:40 PM
Yay she should look like this :hilarious:

LOL, thanks for providing proof positive on why she needs to be fully sculpted!!!

VS1976
01-22-2013, 11:59 PM
Cloth please...

loricstone
01-23-2013, 02:28 AM
Sculpt!

I have very little faith in mixed media bodysuits for any female with the materials they use these days. It's too difficult to work around the curves with a thick fabric, and if someone manages that then the seams look really bad. The other downside is the muscletone and talent of the sculptor will never show through.

And you have more faith in the factory paint jobs of women lately?

NOT ME!

supermn619
01-23-2013, 02:58 AM
Fully Sculpted like this?! http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/supermn619/dcd_harley_quinn_cover_girl_statue_1_1290084518_zpseeb892fa.jpg

OR

Mixed Media like this
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/supermn619/STK429526_zps9742b58b.jpg

I prefer Fully sculpt Like Poison Ivy!:jedidual:

markuz30
01-23-2013, 03:50 AM
Mixed Media for me.. If they use the same material they used on Black Cat's body suit and Bucky's, then I guess she will be phenomenal..

mary jane
01-23-2013, 04:14 AM
Poison Ivy is quite difficult if you try to make her clothe. Harley i think its pretty straight forward, will be same like Capt A Bucky...tight!

elijah_snow
01-23-2013, 08:44 AM
don't care as long as it looks good.

Nifunifa
01-23-2013, 10:25 AM
Mixed Media for me.. If they use the same material they used on Black Cat's body suit and Bucky's, then I guess she will be phenomenal..

Yes, that finish would be great, but do not expect so much.

derekrodneysim
01-23-2013, 12:49 PM
don't care as long as it looks good.

:iagree:

gomur
01-23-2013, 06:50 PM
Even though I'm a fan of fully sculpted, I do feel SS did a spectacular job with the Black Cat's body suit. That said, with their tend of late, I'm wondering if that can be labeled a fluke. They really haven't done another mixed media statue quite like it, have they?

Spazzy
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
after owning BC for sometime, even enclosed in a case her outfit got pretty dirty looking, the material is difficult to remove dust...causing it to look faded

naraki
01-26-2013, 08:06 PM
Sculpted for god sake

statuehungry
01-28-2013, 05:08 PM
SCULPTED, looks ten times better and blends better with a statue

Demona
01-28-2013, 05:18 PM
I didn't do a hard count, but it seems like myself -- most people want scuplted.

Now SS -- tease/preview her already!

Finalape
01-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Harley isn't really known for her muscletone though..

Jus sayin

I don't understand, I find muscletone to be important in every piece. Humans aren't balloon-like tubes, and I can't stand when they are sculpted without anatomy (skin/bones/muscles) taken into consideration.

Mixed Media cloth is disproportionately thick compared to real cloth. For the scale, it just doesn't seem good enough yet.

neomatrix99
01-29-2013, 10:27 PM
why is SS so late on putting up any pre-orders for DC stuff

supermetroid
01-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Fully sculpted all the way. It's not a Marvel female so the paint should be OK hopefully.

DSET
01-30-2013, 08:26 AM
If its sculpted please no glossy finish:deadh:
if its PF please no cheap cap pf like cloth:deadh:

as long as it looks good