PDA

View Full Version : Your greatest find.

isculpt
08-04-2005, 02:30 AM
What was your greatest action figure find? I have four of em cause i cant decide which ones.

DBZ Movie collection Battle Damaged Limited Edition Super Saiyan Goku by If-Labs

Soul Calibur 2 Gamestop Exclusive Unmasked Spawn.

Halo series 1 MasterChief Battle Damaged

Gundam Arch Enemy Series Wing Zero Custom

Not much, but its what I got

:D I have no pics sorry. Post pics if you want.

Primal
08-04-2005, 07:27 AM
A bunch of He-Man vehicles & Thundercat figures still in packaging @ a flea market.

Wayne Foundation
08-18-2005, 09:06 PM
6 red & yellow chase Daredevils from the first Spider-Man Classics line at the local K-Mart. Sold them all for over 100.00 each! Still haven't figured out how they all got there!!

rychehitman
08-18-2005, 10:29 PM
6 red & yellow chase Daredevils from the first Spider-Man Classics line at the local K-Mart. Sold them all for over 100.00 each! Still haven't figured out how they all got there!!

NICE! Good flipping!

ashley76
08-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Got a Marvel Legends Red Skull and Goliath. Sold each for around 90.00.
I also have a Theater edition Luke Skywalker from the POFT2 line. I waited in line 2 hours for that one. I still have it.

rychehitman
08-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Are those Lukes worth anything nowadays? I still have mine too!

Sniper
08-19-2005, 05:20 PM
never found anything like those mentioned :peoples: :confused2 :banghead:

LoS
08-20-2005, 09:29 PM
My best find was buying a few blue faced Baseball furies figures from Mezco's Warriors line of figures. It was an unannounced exclusive and limited to 204 pieces. Lucked up on them at preview night of WWC this year and they are selling over 100 dollars a piece. It's a good thing too, cause between all the releases by sideshow and Bowen right now, I need every cent I can get just to to keep up :laugh:

Ironman1188
08-21-2005, 11:34 AM
An original vintage Captain Action. <sigh> those were the days....

carrillj
08-21-2005, 11:39 AM
A few years ago, I found a mint in box Thundercats "Tongue-A-Saurus" at a garage sale. I had no idea what this figure was, but at $5.00 I figured it was worth picking up.

When I got home that evening, I did an internet search and found that it was a very rare toy that was only released in the UK.

Well, I posted it on Ebay a short time later to see it's worth and it finished at $250.00.

Car50n
08-21-2005, 12:46 PM
found most of the marvel legends variants the old fashioned way. and a bunch of mcfarlane variants. also have the Dr.Teeth Exclusive Variant from the first WizardWorld convention.

marvelboi77
08-21-2005, 09:26 PM
I got Wonder Woman Super Powers, Cheetara, and Pumyra, from Thundercats, Evil Lyne, and Tela from He-Man, Lady Jaye from GI Joe, all still mint on card.

darthrobbler
08-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Marvel Legends series 3 unmasked Wolverine. Found two of him in one day and flipped one to finance more ML figs.

Dr.Channard
03-23-2006, 11:34 PM
My craziest dumb luck find was a sideshow jason voorhees from part 3, mint, factory sealed never even breathed on for 54$ canadian, snatched it without even thinking, it is long sold out, limited to about 1000 and goes for around 400$US on ebay MISB. this baby is the "holy grail" of sideshow sixth scale figures and i found it in the urban jungle of toronto, just cruising around on a summer day find myself in some hole in the ground comic/action figure store that didnt even have a sign outside, must have stumbled in to use the can, looked around and bit and spotted this ridiculously rare piece of cinematic art high up on a shelf behind the proprietor's counter, way high up too free from people grabbing it and messing around with it. Still to this day, one of the best finds ever!!!

Ish
03-23-2006, 11:50 PM
now that you say DBZ, i got the complete line of DBZ super collection vinyl figures of ebay some years ago, in my opinion the best DBZ figures ever.
http://www.dragonballtoys.com/assets/archiveimages/128/supcol03_0.jpg
http://www.dragonballtoys.com/assets/archiveimages/130/supcol05_0.jpg

Rogue
03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
80's Cheetara Thundercats Figure with Wilykit
12" Wonder Woman Animated Series Figure
Teela figure from the new He-Man cartoon
80's Teela and Evil-Lyn Figures
Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch

Perna
03-24-2006, 02:05 AM
Jay and Silent Bob SDCC exclusives for free.

Tony Coca
03-24-2006, 02:42 AM
Statueforum.com :buttrock: :buttrock:

collectoritis
03-27-2006, 08:57 PM
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Kirk Durfey
03-27-2006, 11:00 PM
now that you say DBZ, i got the complete line of DBZ super collection vinyl figures of ebay some years ago, in my opinion the best DBZ figures ever.
http://www.dragonballtoys.com/assets/archiveimages/128/supcol03_0.jpg
http://www.dragonballtoys.com/assets/archiveimages/130/supcol05_0.jpg
Doh! Now you bring up bad memories... I had 9 of these (I don't know if there were more than that), and I let my son play with them. He wanted to draw the characters, so he put them on paper and used a Sharpie to outline them... They have Sharpie marks all over now :banghead: I stall have a couple of them, dirty and marked up.... I still have the boxes, maybe someday I'll find loose figures in decent condition...

Babytoxie
03-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Comic shop clearance sale... they had the deluxe-boxed 12" Sgt. Rock figure with 2 uniforms from Dreams & Visions' GI Joe line. I think it retailed for $200, but they were so tired of it taking up space that I talked them down to $50, provided I bought some other stuff.

I think it's the greatest GI Joe ever released.

htwhlr
04-03-2006, 12:43 AM
Well I can't say I have ever had a greatest find since I don't collect AF's but I remember a friend a work was telling me about a Malebogia (spelling my be off) figure he wanted in 1995-96.

I was at a Shopko store in Colo and I found 2 of them in a shopping cart along with the other figs.

I remember the look on this guys face when I walked by him, I thought he was going to cry since he just missed out on the one he wanted. Still have to laugh about that one.

But when I'm looking for some of the Variant marvel figs I probably look the same way. :laugh:
One day I'll find 1 on the shelf.

Vince-Vell
04-03-2006, 01:36 AM
Mine was a few 2-3 years ago at the WWPhilly convention. There was a vendor selling Boba Fett bust from Gentle Giant for only $35!!!!! and they had TWO!!!!! So me and a friend snagged them up real fast!

Few months ago i sold it on ebay for $300! so thats prob my best find and flip ever to date.

Side note: we were 5min to late to get the last two Vador busts which where going for $40 each, so some guy got those........ :(

As for toys or figures, havent had any great finds.

Pun1313
04-07-2006, 10:58 AM
My Wife comes back from walking the dogs, and find in
the garbage a C3P0 giant carrying case head, I was like
Cool, she like no wait I think there are figures inside.
I open up the case and there are about 25 figures
Star War figure dating back to1977, 78 and 80
3 Boba Fetts, Obi, Leia, R2 and many more, plus all
their weapons. No Darth Vader. All figure were in
mint condition, as if there just removed from their packages.
I bet some Mom threw out her son’s figures.

This is my wife’s greatest find, that did not cost anything..

Tom

JadeGiant
04-07-2006, 12:44 PM
My Wife comes back from walking the dogs, and find in
the garbage a C3P0 giant carrying case head, I was like
Cool, she like no wait I think there are figures inside.
I open up the case and there are about 25 figures
Star War figure dating back to1977, 78 and 80
3 Boba Fetts, Obi, Leia, R2 and many more, plus all
their weapons. No Darth Vader. All figure were in
mint condition, as if there just removed from their packages.
I bet some Mom threw out her son’s figures.

This is my wife’s greatest find, that did not cost anything..

Tom

sweet find Pun ... do you have then still? Did you ever research the value of what you found?

BTW - post more and lurk less :buttrock: (doing my best Ryche impersonation :laugh: )

Collection King 13
04-07-2006, 01:51 PM
I found:
Game Stop Soul Calibur 2 Masked Spawn Exclusive on sale for $3.99
McFarlane Jaws set for $19.99 on sale
McFarlane King Kong set on sale for $9.99

chromesamurai
04-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Gamestop is good for finding crazy deals, especially if you work there. I picked up numerous action figures back in the day for .99 or less when they cleared out the shelves. My friend found the then-79 dollar Vincent statue from FF7 there for 30 bucks. I know, that was the only time I had only seen any statues there, and that was only because it was pre-ordered.

Personally, mine would probably be the Deadpool Sculpey or buying the whole case of nothing but variants of SOTA Street Fighter figs at Gamestop for well under retail and selling them for much more. But the Deadpool would still win by a large margin. I don't even know if you can really count it, though, cause there's no intent to flip it.

rychehitman
04-09-2006, 10:15 PM
My wife. Found her standing over a patient in the Neonatal ICU.....
I take it she reads the forum? :laugh:

JadeGiant
04-09-2006, 10:19 PM
My wife. Found her standing over a patient in the Neonatal ICU.....

does the wife know you think of her as your action figure? :laugh:

rychehitman
04-09-2006, 10:22 PM
does the wife know you think of her as your action figure? :laugh:

you could say she's a real "doll"!

Bwah ha ha ha ha ! :eplus2: :laugh:

Confessor
04-10-2006, 07:48 AM
I take it she reads the forum? :laugh:

:laugh:

Actually no. I don't think she even knows how to get here or anything. But one never knows.....

;)

bustRgood
04-10-2006, 02:11 PM
I guess my best store find was a Marvel Legends Wave3 unmasked Wolverine!!!

The card was really messed up but I kept it nmoc, then sold it.

a year later I got back into collecting ML's again and I ended up buying another off ebay for less then what I had sold my first one for. ;)

Pun1313
04-19-2006, 11:47 AM
sweet find Pun ... do you have then still? Did you ever research the value of what you found?

BTW - post more and lurk less :buttrock: (doing my best Ryche impersonation :laugh: )

Yes Still have them, I found the Bobba Fetts are like 50 a piece, couple others 25-35. not bad.

I plan on holding on to them for while.

Tom