PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat General Discussion.

s_paulik87
03-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Haven't seen one of these started yet so here it is. Discuss anything MK that doesn't quite fit in with the other threads. :cool: Someone could start an MK collection thread or we could just use this one also, even though I know there isn't any high end MK collectibles out there at the moment there is other cool mk swag out an about.

dr.banner
03-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Wow really quiet around here.

Gorolives
03-09-2013, 05:19 PM

s_paulik87
03-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Seems like everyone just wants the statues xD oh well I tried.

damienjakk
03-09-2013, 06:48 PM
MK9 combo vid I did last year to test my new capture card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7730dgpGw

Darkhumor
03-09-2013, 07:03 PM
Maybe someone can answer this question? Did Nether Realms go into any sort of explaination as to why they changed the realistic look of the characters to character sketches? It took away a bit of the realism that made Mortal Kombat so great in the first place. I would love to see that being implemented back into future games.

MrYac
03-09-2013, 07:07 PM
good video, i suck far too much in fighting games to pull off any of those:p

s_paulik87
03-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Maybe someone can answer this question? Did Nether Realms go into any sort of explaination as to why they changed the realistic look of the characters to character sketches? It took away a bit of the realism that made Mortal Kombat so great in the first place. I would love to see that being implemented back into future games.

Using actual people just looks weird to me in this day and age. Have you seen Death Cargo? Looks cool...but jsut weird and I think hey use the old kind of tech that MK used to use with the real people models.

s_paulik87
03-09-2013, 07:31 PM
MK9 combo vid I did last year to test my new capture card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lD7730dgpGw

Not too shabby Damien! Online is what made me stop playing MK9 a few months back. NDC's + Online = lolgoodluck. So I stopepd, since I didn't wanna play anyone else really besides Kabal. Sub was my 2nd main though.

Hanzo
03-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Mk10 is coming for the next gen systems so i hope they push those systems to the limits. I still look at some of the fighters from injustice and johny cage from mk9 and their bodies look weird, jc looks so stiff. it needs more realism something like friday night fight models

Vracula
03-09-2013, 10:18 PM
Mk10 is coming for the next gen systems so i hope they push those systems to the limits. I still look at some of the fighters from injustice and johny cage from mk9 and their bodies look weird, jc looks so stiff. it needs more realism something like friday night fight models

Yeah J C looks terrible.

s_paulik87
03-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Everything about Injustice looks stiff. I most likely wont even be getting it. I don't like superheroes, and the animations look so bad.

loricstone
03-09-2013, 10:44 PM

This I have heard nothing about! I guess one would assume MK10 would be coming...but there has been no confirmation yet I don't think.

Hanzo
03-09-2013, 11:40 PM
I assumed mk10 is coming for the next gen consoles because there is no time for netherealm to make a mk game in 6 months or so before the ps4 is released.
plus WB announced legacy 1 to come out and help promote mk9, legacy 2 to promote injustice and I assumed the mk movie is coming along with mk10 which will make a lot of sense, the movie is officially coming, i have been following news related to it for years, so who in their right mind would make a mk movie and not have a game come out at the same time? its history repeating itself, just look back and you will see how the mk1 movie promoted the mk3 game and the mk2 movie promoted mk4.

Whirl Wind Boy
03-09-2013, 11:44 PM
I assumed mk10 is coming for the next gen consoles because there is no time for netherealm to make a mk game in 6 months or so before the ps4 is released.
plus WB announced legacy 1 to come out and help promote mk9, legacy 2 to promote injustice and I assumed the mk movie is coming along with mk10 which will make a lot of sense, the movie is officially coming, i have been following news related to it for years, so who in their right mind would make a mk movie and not have a game come out at the same time? its history repeating itself, just look back and you will see how the mk1 movie promoted the mk3 game and the mk2 movie promoted mk4.

How is season 2 of legacy promoting injustice?

Hanzo
03-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Just like legacy was full of mk9 advertisements legacy 2 will do the same with injustice, millions will watch legacy 2 online, the same studio owns both franchises of course theyre going to fill the credits with injustice stuff

derekrodneysim
03-09-2013, 11:59 PM
I havent been following MK mainly because the later games failed to appeal to me. Am still waiting for the event to pull me back to the netherrealms.

damienjakk
03-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Ed Boon/NRS said the next MK fighting game would be for the next gen of consoles. Sorry I can't dig up the link, but they did confirm this. I like how he said "MK fighting game" as it still leaves hope alive that they'll do a successor to MK Shaolin Monks on this gen of consoles.

As for MK10, I wanna see most of the roster wiped again. Leave Scorpion and Sub Zero of course, maybe 1 or 2 others, and go all out new roster. Without this process we would have never gotten fan favorites like Kabal and the cyborgs and it also allows for a bigger pool of characters to pull from in the following years. I really don't want the cast consisting of 75% old characters. For MK9 it made sense, but I think they should stick to their guns and follow the new canon that MK9 ended with leaving most of the roster dead.

s_paulik87
03-10-2013, 12:08 AM
They wont, I don't think they would risk having 5% returning characters and 95% new characters like mk4 did. That would just put them on the same path they went on starting with mk4 through armageddon. They wont risk that.

damienjakk
03-10-2013, 12:25 AM
They wont, I don't think they would risk having 5% returning characters and 95% new characters like mk4 did. That would just put them on the same path they went on starting with mk4 through armageddon. They wont risk that.

Not 95%, but definitely more than 50%. They also have a competent team now and Boon doesn't full creative control anymore. A lot of those new characters from MK4-MKA had potential, they just had the misfortune of debuting in that horrible last gen engine. Sure Darrius and Jarek are lost causes, but ones like Fujin and Nitara were great. They really need to free up room on the next roster or else we'll stagnate with the same 20 characters for another 15+ years. :( They did this with MK3, and from that we got so many characters that fans clamor for now, I'd like to see this happen again not just for personal taste but for the sake of the franchise.

EDIT:

MK9 bookends I reversed.

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9962/dscn0005pm.jpg

Whirl Wind Boy
03-10-2013, 12:35 AM
I would love to see Tanya, Fujin, and Kai return at some point. I don't care what people say i loved MK 4. Not my favorite but still good nonetheless.

s_paulik87
03-10-2013, 12:48 AM
lmao that reversed bookend is cool. I loved Fujin and Kai, I was hoping Fujin would have been the big 4th dlc reveal on mk9 but I was wrong =(

Whirl Wind Boy
03-10-2013, 01:09 AM
lmao that reversed bookend is cool. I loved Fujin and Kai, I was hoping Fujin would have been the big 4th dlc reveal on mk9 but I was wrong =(

I know right! I was like Freddy?!?! WTF!

Whirl Wind Boy
03-10-2013, 01:51 AM
When is season 2 coming? Anyone hear anything officially?

Whirl Wind Boy
03-10-2013, 01:52 AM
Just like legacy was full of mk9 advertisements legacy 2 will do the same with injustice, millions will watch legacy 2 online, the same studio owns both franchises of course theyre going to fill the credits with injustice stuff

It would be sweet timing if a new MK movie and 10 come out around the same time.

damienjakk
03-10-2013, 01:56 AM
IMDB still has the movie slated for 2013. Highly doubtful MK10 will be ready by November for the PS4 launch.

Whirl Wind Boy
03-10-2013, 12:47 PM
IMDB still has the movie slated for 2013. Highly doubtful MK10 will be ready by November for the PS4 launch.

I can't imagine the next game would be ready anytime before summer 2014.