PDA

View Full Version : Evil Lyn 1/4 Scale Statue

Pages : [1] 2

NorthernLadMSP
03-24-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm surprised no one started a thread about the Evil Lyn teaser image in the newsletter!

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx112/NorthernLadMSP/EvilLyn_zps6ed36ef2.png

dechirico7
03-24-2013, 08:27 PM
I am VERY excited. This is my favorite character of all time. I used to be Evil Lynn when I played He-Man with my neighbors. It was so awesome in the 80s, lol. Looks like she needs a lot of work yet though. Base isn't working for me.

Comicbookguy
03-24-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm not feeling this pose and something about it seems off to me. But I might like it more when I see more.

ReplicantSavior
03-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Well PCS did say the next would be a surprise. Evil Lyn as the second release is a surprise to me.

Doctor Doom
03-24-2013, 11:29 PM
SHE IS BADASS!! A MUST! :drooling:

EnShinNoi
03-24-2013, 11:49 PM
I'm not feeling this pose and something about it seems off to me. But I might like it more when I see more.
I feel the same way.

Her stance suggests she's toying with her opponent by displaying her magic prowess. But the outreaching hand with palm facing down suggests she's attacking. If the hand were turned so the palm is facing upward, it'd read better.

biglebowski9999
03-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Good choice for the second character.

Gyro Zeppeli
03-25-2013, 12:09 AM
I feel the same way.

Her stance suggests she's toying with her opponent by displaying her magic prowess. But the outreaching hand with palm facing down suggests she's attacking. If the hand were turned so the palm is facing upward, it'd read better.

Yeah. I think the pose could use some work too. It feels too static, like they had ideas but did not want to go with just one of them. There is ambiguity to what the pose is suggesting, but I think that's more of a weakness for a statue rather than a strength, especially when Heman has such a dynamic iconic pose. We want something that looks good next to him.

DRAGONTHEBOMB
03-25-2013, 01:08 AM
Yay! so happy :)

Gr8one
03-25-2013, 08:13 AM

I feel you! Evil Lyn is suppose to be fricken hot and sexy. This is not Evil Lyn :inquisiti :nuts:

Frankierock
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM

Part of it might be the Staff...Way to short. Her Staff was as tall as she was (if not taller), in this teaser it looks like a stub. Also the pose just seems weak, her left arm is facing out, yet she is looking straight ahead. (almost like she should be holding a marionette)

Granted this is a teaser, so there will be changes...That's a positive.

dechirico7
03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
There will probably be a lot of changes to this yet. I am ok with the pose, but that base is not good.

I feel you! Evil Lyn is suppose to be fricken hot and sexy. This is not Evil Lyn :inquisiti :nuts:
She is, but not volumptuous. She, like Teela, always had a more fit bodystyle. If they gave her a huge rack like on Sideshow female statues. THEN it wouldn't be Evil Lyn.

Part of it might be the Staff...Way to short. Her Staff was as tall as she was (if not taller), in this teaser it looks like a stub. Also the pose just seems weak, her left arm is facing out, yet she is looking straight ahead. (almost like she should be holding a marionette)

Granted this is a teaser, so there will be changes...That's a positive.

She had three weapons: a knife, a shorter scepter and the longer staff. So it is still accurate.

B@ttle C@t
03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
It's a lovely teaser, and I love the fact that PCS chose to do Evil-Lyn next. But would have rather she be displayed with her longer staff.

loricstone
03-25-2013, 02:27 PM

That's your perception.

I like to deal with truth and fact! Fact is....Evil Lyn is a Sorceress and one evil mean witch (replace the w with a b and you get my point).

She looks like a Sorceress in the digital sculpt, and the look on her face from very early photos shows a little nasty attitude. Once again, wait until further pics are shown of her.

Too many presumptions already.

OuttaSight
03-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Always fascinating to hear comments because everyone remembers the version of the character they prefer...

We are doing Filmation which in reality was not very sexy.

Erihppas
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
I was just doing a Google search for the Filmation Evil Lyn actually and felt it was very accurate. I think it looks cool. Should be awesome when painted and all.

MrYac
03-25-2013, 03:11 PM
exactly, I don't know how people can want filmation classic he-man and then want some strange slutted up fantasy version of the girls

OuttaSight
03-25-2013, 03:13 PM
This line is for the fans of the cartoon. That was always my intention.

DynamicMenace
03-25-2013, 03:20 PM
right on man. and they will be well received im sure.
silver hawks next? :D

MrYac
03-25-2013, 03:21 PM
haha, if Thundercats didn't make it further then 2 theres no way in hell Silverhawks would even get beyond 1 release

dechirico7
03-25-2013, 03:28 PM
This line is for the fans of the cartoon. That was always my intention.

Most fan boys just want unrealistic T&A. If you sculpted a pair of big breasts on a rock, they would buy it.

I like the original cartoon version of the characters.

DynamicMenace
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
haha, if Thundercats didn't make it further then 2 theres no way in hell Silverhawks would even get beyond 1 release

damn. 2 thundercats? thought there were 3? mumra lino and tigra. why did they stop making them? thats bogus. :( didn't even get the my favorite panthro :(

DynamicMenace
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Most fan boys just want unrealistic T&A. If you sculpted a pair of big breasts on a rock, they would buy it.

yeah. i like the cartoon version. im all for realism. but for nostalgic reasons the classic cartoon look is the way to go. :thumbs2:

Vracula
03-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Looks cool.

MrYac
03-25-2013, 03:35 PM
damn. 2 thundercats? thought there were 3? mumra lino and tigra. why did they stop making them? thats bogus. :( didn't even get the my favorite panthro :(

not enough orders for Tygra so he never made it out unfortunately.

DynamicMenace
03-25-2013, 03:45 PM
not enough orders for Tygra so he never made it out unfortunately.

Damn that sucks:(

EnShinNoi
03-25-2013, 03:50 PM

Where is this well-endowed rock you speak of? I hope she's granite :drooling:

Vracula
03-25-2013, 03:52 PM
Where is this well-endowed rock you speak of? I hope she's granite :drooling:

I agree

BASALT TITS or GTFO!!

Juggernaut
03-25-2013, 04:07 PM
So He-Man and Evil Lyn are the first in line.

I would have guessed Skeletor or Beast-Man before Evil Lyn.

The WIP is in such an early stage that I don't have an oppinion yet.

Frankierock
03-25-2013, 04:25 PM
So He-Man and Evil Lyn are the first in line.

I would have guessed Skeletor or Beast-Man before Evil Lyn.

The WIP is in such an early stage that I don't have an oppinion yet.

I like the way the he started off this line...Most would have thought a He-man and Skeletor were the first 2 (Even though he hinted that it wouldn't be)...But going with Evil Lyn is Win win...First we get a little surprise by her being the first baddie.(My guess would have been Beastman) It also show's Jerry has much more faith in this line going further then the Thundercats line did by skipping Skeletor...for now.

Erihppas
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
I agree

BASALT TITS or GTFO!!

:laugh:

alterton
03-25-2013, 06:15 PM
As Jerry pointed out, this is the Filmation version! The staff is the shorter version just as the toon! Also there are a lot of changes we had already made to the body according to Mattel! Trust me between Mattel and Jerry we can not get more accuracy, they are doing my life a living hell!!!!!! And I am enjoying it every minute!!!

dechirico7
03-25-2013, 07:30 PM
I sense anger, so many exclamation points.

Vracula
03-25-2013, 08:37 PM
I think Beast-man is going to be the show stealer in this line.

MrYac
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
nah, Beasty will be huge and awesome no question but MOTU is full of some truly amazing designs so big hairy orange dude probably won't be the show stopped at the end of the day. I mean hell just the thought of a Scareglow or King Hiss PF.....

Gr8one
03-25-2013, 10:08 PM
We are doing Filmation which in reality was not very sexy.

True :bawling: In that case it's Evil Lyn spot on.

Can we get Man At Arms or Trap Jaw next?

NorthernLadMSP
03-25-2013, 10:14 PM
I think she looks amazing so far. I'm not sure about the broken staff on the base, but I think she looks very cool.

derekrodneysim
03-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Can't decide from what I've seen so far but it didn't get me overly excited.

pavehawk78
03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
nah, Beasty will be huge and awesome no question but MOTU is full of some truly amazing designs so big hairy orange dude probably won't be the show stopped at the end of the day. I mean hell just the thought of a Scareglow or King Hiss PF.....

I don't think Scareglow and King Hiss ever actually appeared in the original cartoon.

VS1976
03-27-2013, 04:53 AM
I rather have She-Ra....

Unrealistic T&A works for me.... ;)

Spazzy
03-27-2013, 05:13 AM
I'm torn, yes she resembles the cartoon version, but I was rather hoping to get something like the 2000 something version much better design, sexy, this is leaving me a bit bored. Not sure if I will follow this line if it goes to looking like jumbo action figures. I will definitely wait and see what comes once revealed but right now not holding my breath to be wowed :( if anything I might do a costume change on her. This has been my most wanted motu statue so I don't want her to be left out of my collection

By the way sexy has a much better chance at selling nowadays

Erihppas
03-27-2013, 08:01 AM
By the way sexy has a much better chance at selling nowadays

When were cartoony sculpts more popular then? Let me know. ;) :)

Spazzy
03-28-2013, 03:08 AM
if done right.....
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2609/605499039455e5b66aac.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/605499039455e5b66aac.jpg/)

Erihppas
03-28-2013, 05:55 AM
That's a very sexy cartoony sculpt! haha

I really like that one. Wow.

Big Hulk
03-28-2013, 11:56 AM
if done right.....
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2609/605499039455e5b66aac.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/41/605499039455e5b66aac.jpg/)

But this isn't a fair comparison. Jessica Rabbit was drawn that way in the movie so the sculpt follows the reference just as the Evil Lynn statue does for PCS.

Spazzy
03-29-2013, 01:02 AM
yeah but in the cartoon, Evil lynn is not sexy either, a bad selling point imo, doesn't have to have HUGE boobs either to be sexy

Vracula
03-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Jerry did say he is doing a more contemporary line as well.Gonna just wait for that.

Spazzy
03-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Really? Well I will be waiting for that then also

clayman1976
03-29-2013, 07:30 AM
Jerry did say he is doing a more contemporary line as well.Gonna just wait for that.

Did he actually confirm this? I seem to recall him not actually saying that but alluded to the possibility of it. I would like to hear a solid confirmation on this because I would much prefer a line like that over the filmation versions. But if the filmation version will be all we are getting then I will have to make sure I get the ones of the characters I like.

loricstone
03-29-2013, 02:48 PM

That's about the third time someone has said that, and I have never heard that come out of Jerry's mouth.

I don't know where you all are getting your information from.

If this line is not supported (which I don't think will be the case), what makes you think he would do a contemporary style statue? :peoples:

Vracula
03-29-2013, 06:21 PM
http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=129959&page=112

Sorry actually It's just a hint , but I cant see why not?It WILL sell in my opinion.

I would love it if Jerry could confirm this.I am an old skool fan but when it comes to statues i like a contemporary approach, i dont want a 1/4 scale staction.

Batminator
03-29-2013, 09:11 PM
Jerry could VAGUELY have hinted about a more realistic line here: http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4515536&postcount=1114

...and here: http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4521473&postcount=1203

But in a newer post he stated: "We havent officially announced a second MOTU line and at this point we are playing with ideas so its not coming soon" (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4531831&postcount=2199)

Spazzy
03-30-2013, 12:58 AM
Well if they come off as too cartoony, I am not sure how invested I will be with this line...we will wait and see.

Maybe only pick up 1 or 2

Vracula
03-30-2013, 01:24 AM
Jerry could VAGUELY have hinted about a more realistic line here: http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4515536&postcount=1114

...and here: http://statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4521473&postcount=1203

But in a newer post he stated: "We havent officially announced a second MOTU line and at this point we are playing with ideas so its not coming soon" (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4531831&postcount=2199)

Excellent thanks bro

Well if they come off as too cartoony, I am not sure how invested I will be with this line...we will wait and see.

Maybe only pick up 1 or 2

Yeah me too , maybe just skelly for me.

Spazzy
03-30-2013, 01:25 AM
yep skeletor is my top pick so far....worse case scenario, I always loved the neca one.

MrYac
03-30-2013, 01:26 AM
i'm the same, but that's why I voted against the filmation style, which is also why i'm not expecting these to be anything but filmation styled

Vracula
03-30-2013, 02:21 AM
i'm the same, but that's why I voted against the filmation style, which is also why i'm not expecting these to be anything but filmation styled

These are my personal thoughts but I am little afraid that the filmation style wont get too far before getting canned which will destroy our hopes of getting a more realistic line. Just my opinion I am really really hoping the filmation line takes off.

dechirico7
03-30-2013, 06:43 AM
You guys are scaring me. I was so sad when Cheetara wasnt produced. If the same happens to Evil-Lyn that will be upsetting.

Vracula
03-30-2013, 06:46 AM
You guys are scaring me. I was so sad when Cheetara wasnt produced. If the same happens to Evil-Lyn that will be upsetting.

He-man is more popular than Thundercats IMHO It will carry through the most important characters I believe .You have nothing to fear.And in all fairness that Cheetara statue was not the best work by PCS.

No more doom and gloom from me.

CANT WAIT TO SEE SKELLY!!

chunkster702
05-03-2013, 06:27 AM
XX

dechirico7
05-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Any updates?
Really looking forward to this one. It might be my most anticipated reveal of 2013

s_paulik87
05-18-2013, 05:59 PM
The approval process is already slowing this line down like a mother effer.

chunkster702
07-25-2013, 12:36 AM
The approval process is already slowing this line down like a mother effer.

No kidding...

Will she come in a purple ex I wonder?

foots
04-22-2014, 01:56 PM
I hope we get an update soon. Other than Skeletor, who I still don't expect to see any time soon, she is the villain I would most like to see next.

RadicalThrasher
04-22-2014, 02:38 PM
I hope we get an update soon. Other than Skeletor, who I still don't expect to see any time soon, she is the villain I would most like to see next.

Wouldn't mind an update myself. I want her to get made, but I'd rather see Merman , Triklops, or Whiplash next.

loricstone
04-22-2014, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't mind an update myself. I want her to get made, but I'd rather see Merman , Triklops, or Whiplash next.

I agree with you Rad. Triklops preferably. He was always my favorite He-Man toy as a kid.

foots
04-22-2014, 04:48 PM

I'm down with Merman but the other two can wait until Evil Lyn is done. :stick::slapf:

RadicalThrasher
04-22-2014, 04:58 PM
I'm down with Merman but the other two can wait until Evil Lyn is done. :stick::slapf:

:laugh: Not that I necessarily want the others more than Evil Lyn, but I want to see so many characters get made, and the females always seem to sell no matter the license. So just like with Skeletor keep people hanging on, get out some more obscure or less popular characters first. Strech the line as far as possible. Just a theory:dork:

MrYac
04-22-2014, 05:38 PM
Whiplash would be a far cooler piece then Evillynn could ever dream of being, I mean I know we're nerds and all but does the "tits sell" stereotype really have to dominate all collector logic :p

RadicalThrasher
04-22-2014, 05:57 PM
Whiplash would be a far cooler piece then Evillynn could ever dream of being, I mean I know we're nerds and all but does the "tits sell" stereotype really have to dominate all collector logic :p

:muahaha: Yes. And Whiplash would be awesome!

Quicksilver
04-22-2014, 06:20 PM
Evil-lyn was always one of my faves from He-man, she was a cool villainess

foots
04-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Whiplash would be a far cooler piece then Evillynn could ever dream of being....

Crazy talk. :nuts: Comicguy, is that you? :confused2

:hilarious:

MrYac
04-22-2014, 09:13 PM
hormones aside how the hell is Whiplash not a cooler design for a character?

foots
04-22-2014, 09:39 PM
hormones aside how the hell is Whiplash not a cooler design for a character?

It isn't just the design though. The execution also matters.

I agree Whiplash is better if we are talking vintage action figures. We are talking Filmation though, and in Filmation Evil Lyn looks better.

The character behind the design also matters. He-Man is perhaps the most simple, bland of all characters in the MOTU universe from a design perspective, but he will sell more than the characters we are discussing. Evil Lyn is more interesting than Whiplash in this regard as well.

Hormones and gender, at least as far as I'm concerned, have nothing to do with it.

RadicalThrasher
04-22-2014, 09:49 PM
:laugh:

MrYac
04-22-2014, 09:57 PM
I'm just talking sheer visual appeal, cool looking dino-lizard man or normal looking chick in purple clothes. just seems a no brainer to me

RadicalThrasher
04-22-2014, 09:58 PM
If you go back and read my original post, it has nothing to do with gender as much as trying to keep the line going. I said I didn't really care who got made first, just that female statues seem to sell better, so I'd rather get in some guys first. But it turned in to something else so I ran with it.

foots
04-22-2014, 10:11 PM
I'm just talking sheer visual appeal, cool looking dino-lizard man or normal looking chick in purple clothes. just seems a no brainer to me

If he had Total Recall boobs and a cape, I might be inclined to agree with you. :thinking: :p

Nah but seriously I see where you are coming from. To me there is more to it. When talking Filmation, Evil Lyn is superior in my opinion and it has nothing to do with her gender.

dechirico7
04-22-2014, 10:32 PM
Evil Lyn owns!

Slave2Evil_Lyn
06-03-2014, 12:48 AM
Does anyone know that latest on the Evil-Lyn statue?

RadicalThrasher
06-03-2014, 12:52 AM

Not really. Except that it will probably eventually get made. Welcome to the forum:thumbs2: always good to see more MOTU fans.

foots
06-03-2014, 11:32 AM

I think this is the most recent comment from Jerry regarding Evil Lyn from 12/08/13:

Mattel didnt like the original base so we bumped her while we rethink it.

Doctor Doom
06-03-2014, 11:49 AM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Demona
06-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Grrrrr.....

I have faith Mattel and Jerry won't fail us. She will be back.

Sooner rather than later. Teela will be lonely :)

foots
06-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Here is the latest:

Evil Lyn became a tricky sculpt so we pushed her back. There will be at least two more characters for pre-order before we get to her.

Thanks for the update Jerry!

Darkhumor
06-04-2014, 09:22 PM
When was that update made?

RadicalThrasher
06-04-2014, 09:24 PM
When was that update made?

Today in the ask PCS thread.

Darkhumor
06-04-2014, 09:26 PM
Sweet!!

KELPIE
06-04-2014, 11:09 PM
Here is the latest:

Thanks for the update Jerry!

I assume there will then be at least 3 PO's before Evil Lyn to keep in line with the hero/villain release cycle?

foots
06-05-2014, 12:11 AM
I assume there will then be at least 3 PO's before Evil Lyn to keep in line with the hero/villain release cycle?

It is possible. From the Facebook poll it seems that Horde members who appeared in Filmation and the vintage MOTU line are included in the current license. If that is true, it seems there may be more villains than heroes. Perhaps the current release pattern will change at some point?

foots
01-16-2015, 12:43 AM
Hopefully, this is the Q2 preorder after the Sorceress. I'm anxious to see how different it is from the original image.

foots
02-12-2015, 12:07 AM
Posted back in June

Evil Lyn became a tricky sculpt so we pushed her back. There will be at least two more characters for pre-order before we get to her.

The Sorceress will be the third PO since then. We have to be getting close right? :praying:

Cheshire76
03-05-2015, 12:11 AM
well if it ain't evil lyn after sorceress..better make it merman :thumbs2:

Gruson
03-05-2015, 12:12 AM
I want Merman next! Actually, I want the others to ship!!!

foots
03-05-2015, 02:29 AM
Actually, I want the others to ship!!!

Yes, please! :goodpost:

MOTU_Maniac
03-05-2015, 04:03 PM
well if it ain't evil lyn after sorceress..better make it merman :thumbs2:

I want Merman next!
ME TOO!!!!

RadicalThrasher
03-05-2015, 06:08 PM
ME TOO!!!!

Me three! I'd actually rather have Merman before Evil-Lyn, but than I'd rather have Whiplash before either of them.;)

Gruson
03-05-2015, 06:32 PM
No way, Merman before Whiplash! He's part of the big 3! Merman, Trapjaw, and Beastman. :)

RadicalThrasher
03-05-2015, 06:37 PM
No way, Merman before Whiplash! He's part of the big 3! Merman, Trapjaw, and Beastman. :)

Sure, I can agree with that.:) But nobody better mention Tri-Klops ahead of Whiplash. As much as I like him, Whiplash was a way bigger player on the show.

qz33
03-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Whiplash bigger than Tri-Klops?

I'd pay extra for Tri-Klops on a Sky-Sled

foots
03-05-2015, 08:08 PM
Whiplash bigger than Tri-Klops?

I don't know, but Whiplash did appear in more episodes.

Gruson
03-05-2015, 08:08 PM
No way, Tri-Klops over Whiplash any day of the week!

MOTU_Maniac
03-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Me three! I'd actually rather have Merman before Evil-Lyn, but than I'd rather have Whiplash before either of them.;)

Sure, I can agree with that.:) But nobody better mention Tri-Klops ahead of Whiplash. As much as I like him, Whiplash was a way bigger player on the show.
Whiplash and Mer-Man are my most wanted!!! Hope we get both!!!

qz33
03-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Well if we are lucky and people keep buying these hopefully we will get Mer-Man, Whiplash, and TriKlops whatever the order.

foots
03-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Well if we are lucky and people keep buying these hopefully we will get Mer-Man, Whiplash, and TriKlops whatever the order.

:buttrock:

dechirico7
03-05-2015, 09:02 PM
I will probably sell my Teela Ex.
We are lucky if we get one of these a year and if Evil Lynn is going to be pushed...I doubt we will ever see her. PCS doesn't have a good history of producing lines with longevity.

foots
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
We are lucky if we get one of these a year and if Evil Lynn is going to be pushed...I doubt we will ever see her. PCS doesn't have a good history of producing lines with longevity.

Huh? The two that went up for PO in 2013 shipped in 2014. Teela was ready, but they revised the packaging so it got held up by Chinese New Year.

There have already been six preorders in a year and a half. Plus the Sorceress is coming soon.

:confused:

loricstone
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Nuff said. It's all about popularity and what is selling.

foots
03-05-2015, 09:23 PM
There has been a MOTU filmation preorder every quarter for the past six quarters. That's pretty consistent.

MOTU_Maniac
03-06-2015, 09:08 AM
Sign me up please!! :buttrock:
There has been a MOTU filmation preorder every quarter for the past six quarters. That's pretty consistent.
Quoted for truth. :goodpost:

Drakull
03-06-2015, 11:43 AM

If I'm not wrong, next year is ten years of longevity for SF 1/4 line

dechirico7
03-06-2015, 01:08 PM

Six have gone up for order?

Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter. Nuff said. It's all about popularity and what is selling.

I didn't say every line they did was cut.

qz33
03-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Seems to be an issue of perception vs. reality here.

MOTU has had POs for Filmation He-Man, Beast Man, Teela, Trap Jaw, Man-At-Arms, and Skeletor since September 2013. So far 2 He-Man and Beast Man have been delivered. There have also been POs for 2 non Filmation busts. He has given teases of a non filmation mixed media He-Man and hints of 1/3 Filmations.

Darkstalkers and Thundercats both fizzled. I really don't know what else he has cut.
Jerry has to follow his sales. What gets more sales gets more attention.

MOTU_Maniac
03-06-2015, 03:00 PM
Six have gone up for order?
YES. 1/4 He-Man, Beast Man, Teela, Trap-Jaw, Man-At-Arms, and Skeletor. They have also teased 1/4 Evil-Lyn and Sorceress.

On top of that...lifesize busts of He-Man and Skeletor have gone up for PO.

And a Mixed Media He-Man and Battle Cat will be shown at WonderCon in April.

Morgul Steve
03-06-2015, 03:28 PM
The Skeletor Ex is still available on PCS's website so maybe the line is not doing so well.

foots
03-06-2015, 03:47 PM
The Skeletor Ex is still available on PCS's website so maybe the line is not doing so well.

I think Jerry said there were around 30 left a few weeks ago. I don't think that's too bad since Skeletor had the largest ES of any MOTU item to date.

Maybe the line is doing just fine.

RadicalThrasher
03-06-2015, 05:40 PM
I think Jerry also said that sales were pretty consistent, kind of like a slow burn. He-man and Beastman EX'S both sold out. Teela EX is sold out. So as long as these are selling out by the time they ship I don't think its an issue.

Doctor Doom
03-08-2015, 01:20 PM
Hope Evil Lynn is next for the villains.....fingers crossed.

foots
03-20-2015, 01:59 AM
I'm beginning to think Hordak may be next. Back in September Jerry hinted that we would see Hordak in some form soon. We now know it isn't a bust and I think he said only Skeletor is a lock for mixed media beyond He-Man until we see how sales are.

Hordak would have a lot of options for a cool EX.

I'm down for Evil Lyn or Hordak. I think those are the two most likely candidates. Mer-Man, Tri-Klops and Whiplash were listed in both polls I believe. Hordak was not in either, along with Sorceress, Evil Lyn, and Skeletor, meaning he was already planned or in the works.

lamecius
03-20-2015, 06:52 AM
Yes !!! Hordak !!!

foots
05-24-2015, 12:58 PM
I hope Evil Lyn is highly configurable like Teela.

It would be cool if she had her hands on her hips with switchout arms at the bicep so she could also be displayed with her wand and an open hand.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n4s8v7-5lrY/UChT0iVaFXI/AAAAAAAAGbY/-bfbk0QNWdo/s400/He-Man+and+the+Masters+of+the+Universe.jpg

The bracers at the bicep should allow for many different arm configurations.

MOTU_Maniac
05-24-2015, 01:17 PM
I hope Evil Lyn is highly configurable like Teela.

It would be cool if she had her hands on her hips with switchout arms at the bicep so she could also be displayed with her wand and an open hand.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-n4s8v7-5lrY/UChT0iVaFXI/AAAAAAAAGbY/-bfbk0QNWdo/s400/He-Man+and+the+Masters+of+the+Universe.jpg

The bracers at the bicep should allow for many different arm configurations.
I agree! That would be awesome!!!

Comicbookguy
05-24-2015, 01:24 PM

Wow, still for sale after so long. he's the main villain. I figure he would be gone in a few days of the po. Hope the line is still doing well so that we can get more main characters. The sorceress looks stunning. Great ex, good es, and it's filmation. Thanks Jerry for doing all this. She will be a day 1 order for sure.
Now please give us a filmation she-ra, hordak, and battle cat!:praying:

foots
05-26-2015, 08:59 PM
I hope we get a tease of Evil Lyn leading up to the Sorceress PO. It has been a long time since the original tease. :praying:

chunkster702
05-29-2015, 04:35 PM
With both female pieces looking excellent, I'm excited for her reveal.

foots
07-01-2015, 10:34 PM
Filmation Evil Lyn tease in August.

YES!! :happybirt2:

RadicalThrasher
07-01-2015, 10:36 PM
:buttrock:

MOTU_Maniac
07-02-2015, 06:47 AM
Awesome!! :thumbs2:

foots
08-09-2015, 12:18 PM
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0f9ccd2362a2fb361bd2b594f/images/ce658af0-ae84-45ee-ba9f-dc0ad894e2c5.jpg

It looks very similar to the initial tease. For some reason I was under the impression they had scrapped that idea and started over.

I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

RadicalThrasher
08-09-2015, 12:25 PM
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0f9ccd2362a2fb361bd2b594f/images/ce658af0-ae84-45ee-ba9f-dc0ad894e2c5.jpg

Got a feeling Filmation is not a priority so hopefully we won't have to wait too long for this. It's been a while, but isn't that pretty much what was originally teased years ago?:confused:

Comicbookguy
08-09-2015, 01:16 PM
I hope this looks close to filmation from the cartoon.

Drakull
08-09-2015, 01:17 PM
will be stunning !!

foots
08-10-2015, 11:59 AM
I hope this grows on me as the project progresses. The pose is just OK. Evil Lyn has a couple of poses listed in this thread that are specific to her. This one is a bit too generic and her left hand seems awkward. Also, her headdress seems a bit off. It extends down too far on the sides. The face looks nice, but its hard to tell if it looks like her at this stage.

Also, as someone on another forum pointed out, Evil Lyn wore flat boots in Filmation. There shouldn't be a heel.

Hopefully it is just a very early stage of development.

Comicbookguy
08-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I hope this grows on me as the project progresses. The pose is just OK. Evil Lyn has a couple of poses listed in this thread that are specific to her. This one is a bit too generic and her left hand seems awkward. Also, her headdress seems a bit off. It extends down too far on the sides. The face looks nice, but its hard to tell if it looks like her at this stage.

Also, as someone on another forum pointed out, Evil Lyn wore flat boots in Filmation. There shouldn't be a heel.

Hopefully it is just a very early stage of development.

I agree on her pose but still looks ok. We can only tell when the final pics comes out. I can see now a reg version and a pcs yellow ex version. The heels I don't mind because they always look nice imo. Space is tight but this one is hard to resist. Depends on the final product outcome.

foots
08-10-2015, 02:46 PM
I agree on her pose but still looks ok. We can only tell when the final pics comes out. I can see now a reg version and a pcs yellow ex version. The heels I don't mind because they always look nice imo. Space is tight but this one is hard to resist. Depends on the final product outcome.

Did she ever have yellow skin in Filmation? I can't recall ever seeing that. If not, I doubt we will see a yellow version. A yellow version in the Classic line seems more likely.

Drakull
08-10-2015, 04:40 PM

I prefer with heel !

Thor57
08-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Did she ever have yellow skin in Filmation? I can't recall ever seeing that. If not, I doubt we will see a yellow version. A yellow version in the Classic line seems more likely.

The original Mattel Evil Lyn action figure had yellow skin. I think that's where that originated.

foots
08-10-2015, 10:04 PM
I prefer with heel !

It isn't a deal breaker for me and I see the appeal, but I'd prefer it match the source material like all the others in the line.

The original Mattel Evil Lyn action figure had yellow skin. I think that's where that originated.

I get that, but there haven't been any action figure elements that weren't present in the cartoon up to this point. I doubt they'll start now is all I'm saying.

qz33
08-10-2015, 11:34 PM
These should be as accurate as possible to the Filmation source.

I can't see an attempt at yellow skin turning out well at all on a 1/4 statue. Even on the figure it wasn't great.

foots
08-10-2015, 11:45 PM
These should be as accurate as possible to the Filmation source.

I can't see an attempt at yellow skin turning out well at all on a 1/4 statue. Even on the figure it wasn't great.

I agree about the Filmation version, but I hope the Classic version has yellow skin. I'll be quite disappointed if it doesn't.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/03/c8/17/03c81780e7c6e65fd96951e8f48213eb.jpg

heman
08-11-2015, 02:01 PM
Sorry, if they color this statue yellow like the TOY version, I will pass on this soooooooo fast. IMO it looks stupid. This is a FILMATION line, not a classic toy line, so a request like this just bothers me to no end.

foots
08-11-2015, 02:16 PM
Sorry, if they color this statue yellow like the TOY version, I will pass on this soooooooo fast. IMO it looks stupid. This is a FILMATION line, not a classic toy line, so a request like this just bothers me to no end.

No one requested it. :confused:

SuperJ300
08-12-2015, 02:54 AM
I'm surprised no one started a thread about the Evil Lyn teaser image in the newsletter!

http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx112/NorthernLadMSP/EvilLyn_zps6ed36ef2.png

It looks very similar to the initial tease. For some reason I was under the impression they had scrapped that idea and started over.

I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

Looks like an improvement to the first one.

Cheshire76
08-13-2015, 03:51 AM
its looking nice...head seems a bit wide, maybe the first tease head proportions but shorter headdress, not sure but really looking forward to seeing her face with those long thin eyebrows and flicked lashes

dechirico7
08-14-2015, 12:17 AM
That would be wild if we get this and the sideshow evil Lynn next year. I would love it!

Comicbookguy
08-14-2015, 12:31 AM
That would be wild if we get this and the sideshow evil Lynn next year. I would love it!

Since I'm a filmation fan I like this better. But I know the real version can be stunning as well. I didn't like the real versions of he-man by pcs or SS. I do love the pcs battle cat.

showboat
08-14-2015, 02:31 AM
Isnt 40cm 1/5 scale not 1/4 scale?
Yes, there is a base but isnt scale dependent on actual subject size excluding base?
Because Sideshow can essentially claim 1/5 scale with there MOTU line but its actually the same size as PCS.

foots
08-14-2015, 06:01 PM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11324377_436944786495334_942650342_n.jpg

Looking good! Switch out head and hands? No heels. :)

Thor57
08-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Seeing this come together makes me so glad I didn't sell my Teela Ex.

I grew up on He-Man. He, and his universe is what set me down a path of love for the fantasy genre. My love of all things Conan, Middle Earth, Everquest, World of Warcraft and Drizzt Do'Urden can all be attributed to the long, long hours of playing with MoTU toys and wearing out some VHS Filmation cartoons.

A display of PCS Filmation He-Man/Skeletor and Teela/Evil-Lyn with the mixed media He-Man/Skeletor set, 200x Four Horsemen He-Man/Skeletor and Sideshows new addition will be the jewel of my display. In two to three years when we have them all, I look forward to just staring at them while I journey back to being 5 years old and becoming g an addict!

RadicalThrasher
08-15-2015, 06:00 AM
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/s320x320/e15/11324377_436944786495334_942650342_n.jpg

Looking good! Switch out head and hands? No heels. :)

:thinking:...looks like a possible head without the helmet/headdress. That would be a pretty cool EX.

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/ctn_episodes/teelaevillyn-behindrock.jpg

foots
08-16-2015, 12:14 AM
:thinking:...looks like a possible head without the helmet/headdress. That would be a pretty cool EX.

:iagree:

Comicbookguy
08-16-2015, 01:40 AM

http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/ctn_episodes/teelaevillyn-behindrock.jpg

:iagree: All COH ex is always my favorite. Way better than a lame tiny knife, or something small on a base. Now I still hope for a She-ra with Razz & Broom as the ex or that rainbow squirrel character from the end safety tips saying can you find me?

qz33
08-21-2015, 12:22 PM
So that Evil Lyn base...

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91986&d=1440174085

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91987&d=1440174085

So awesome!

MOTU_Maniac
08-21-2015, 12:57 PM
So that Evil Lyn base...

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91986&d=1440174085

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=91987&d=1440174085

So awesome!

Oh wow. So cool!

foots
08-21-2015, 03:28 PM
:vortex:

Looks cool!! :drooling:

Edit: This all looks similar to the original design. So when Jerry said Mattel didn't like the base, maybe it wasn't the physical design. Maybe it was how they proposed to pull off the translucent effect? Or maybe it won't be translucent at all and Jerry is just messing around with the printer. :p Maybe the broken shaping staff is part of the final design as well. :)

OuttaSight
08-21-2015, 04:13 PM
:vortex:

Looks cool!! :drooling:

Edit: This all looks similar to the original design. So when Jerry said Mattel didn't like the base, maybe it wasn't the physical design. Maybe it was how they proposed to pull off the translucent effect? Or maybe it won't be translucent at all and Jerry is just messing around with the printer. :p Maybe the broken shaping staff is part of the final design as well. :)

My eye for sculpture is very keen. Particularly when it comes to composition, silhouette, balance, grace , proportions and gesture.

So while it may appear this is the same Evil lyn and base...its all very different and much improved, in my eyes.

RadicalThrasher
08-21-2015, 04:42 PM
Man that base looks huge!:eek:

foots
08-21-2015, 04:42 PM
My eye for sculpture is very keen. Particularly when it comes to composition, silhouette, balance, grace , proportions and gesture.

So while it may appear this is the same Evil lyn and base...its all very different and much improved, in my eyes.

That's good to hear. I don't doubt your expertise. :)

Can't wait to see the end result. :buttrock:

kagero_no_mai
08-22-2015, 01:30 PM
Finally!

https://instagram.com/p/6sZNf6lg2L/

kagero_no_mai
08-22-2015, 01:31 PM
Well I give up, full reveal on instagram

https://instagram.com/p/6sZNf6lg2L/

qz33
08-22-2015, 01:52 PM
Wow that is Evil Lyn.

Perhaps even a better likeness than PCS's Sorceress.

Great Saturday catch kagero_no_mai

OuttaSight
08-22-2015, 01:58 PM
This one has really impressed me. Im glad we took the time to re-do her.

The base is semi-translucent. Wait until you see full reveal.

Comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 02:04 PM
Yes I'm so glad you redone her. The first was a pass but now it's loking so much better. I just might have to PO her as well. Space is getting tight but filmation females is a must own. Even if I skip on beast man I can't skip this one most likely. Can't wait to see the full pics.

RadicalThrasher
08-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Looks great!:jawd:

SuperJ300
08-22-2015, 02:40 PM
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/cod300/Mobile%20Uploads/image_46.jpg (http://s595.photobucket.com/user/cod300/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_46.jpg.html)

Looks good!

Comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Oh wow just saw the full pics jerry thanks so much for revising this. 99% PO! Thanks again for giving filmation fans a chance to get this. And also I'm still speechless on the she ra line. Take your time and make them all this good. Quality over the rush to push them out fast. In the end the final product is most important more than ever now with so many other statues to buy.

RadicalThrasher
08-22-2015, 02:47 PM
With Evil Lyn looking to possibly go up for order soon and Hordak being teased, hopefully we will continue to see a steady stream of Filmation statues.

Comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 02:49 PM
With this looking so good I might consider buying a few I missed. Maybe even beastman???? Don't get me wrong I love it just didn't have the room when I didn't know what this line holds until now. Wow sorceress and now this! Oh my.... So excited for this and the new ones coming!

foots
08-22-2015, 02:55 PM
:drooling:

Looks Incredible!!!!

no gears
08-22-2015, 03:06 PM
This just might be my favorite in the line so far. Lovin it!

Comicbookguy
08-22-2015, 03:34 PM
This just might be my favorite in the line so far. Lovin it!

Sorceress first then this or Teela for me.

MOTU_Maniac
08-22-2015, 04:39 PM
This one has really impressed me. Im glad we took the time to re-do her.

The base is semi-translucent. Wait until you see full reveal.

Looks great!!! When can we expect the full reveal?

dechirico7
08-22-2015, 05:29 PM
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/cod300/Mobile%20Uploads/image_46.jpg (http://s595.photobucket.com/user/cod300/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_46.jpg.html)

Looks good!

HOLY CRAP! I love it!
And the base....that is just icing.

OuttaSight
08-22-2015, 05:38 PM

Next few weeks for pre-order

We will show her and the next piece at NYCC

OuttaSight
08-22-2015, 05:38 PM

Wait until you see the good pics. She is all washed out in that pic.

Thor57
08-22-2015, 05:43 PM
So glad I didn't sell my Teela. Will need her now to go with this beauty.

dechirico7
08-22-2015, 06:18 PM
So glad I didn't sell my Teela. Will need her now to go with this beauty.

I loved Teel but she wasn't a must have for me. Now, this lady is a different story.

Thor57
08-23-2015, 12:01 AM
I loved Teel but she wasn't a must have for me. Now, this lady is a different story.

I have a different kind of system for must haves I think. I think in odd "grand scheme of things" viewpoints.

For instance, He-Man alone would be the only one I could display by himself. But it feels wrong without Skeletor. So he's ordered. Then I ordered Teela with the assumption Evil Lyn was coming. After it felt like forever, I decided to sell Teela and boom, low and behold, a few weeks later Evil Lyn gets shown. So again, glad I didnt sell! I need them to be displayed as sets.

Comicbookguy
08-23-2015, 12:12 AM
I have a different kind of system for must haves I think. I think in odd "grand scheme of things" viewpoints.

For instance, He-Man alone would be the only one I could display by himself. But it feels wrong without Skeletor. So he's ordered. Then I ordered Teela with the assumption Evil Lyn was coming. After it felt like forever, I decided to sell Teela and boom, low and behold, a few weeks later Evil Lyn gets shown. So again, glad I didnt sell! I need them to be displayed as sets.

Lol! yep i'm in the exact same mode. So glad I kept he-man, and Teela. Then evil lynn comes out. I forgot about skeletor on po from so long ago. Now I feel even better when both will display as sets.
This evil lynn looks so filmation it's unbelievable. Then the base is stunning! :buttrock:

rome_325
08-23-2015, 01:09 AM
She came out great! I wasn't planning on getting her but now I need to see the full reveal and the EX.

Gruson
08-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Another perfect one!

Nebiros
08-23-2015, 04:23 AM
Wow! I really love this statue! Another fantastic piece to add to my collection!! A great year for motu universe!

MOTU_Maniac
08-23-2015, 06:53 AM
Next few weeks for pre-order

We will show her and the next piece at NYCC

Wait until you see the good pics. She is all washed out in that pic.Awesome! Thanks for the info Jerry!

Can't wait to see even better pics and the next piece!!! :happybirt2:

Lorde Trooper
08-23-2015, 07:04 AM
Really nice piece, and love the base, one small whinge though, even though i love the base it seems a bit small to me in comparison to some of the other bases we have and are getting. When i saw the base out of the printer i thought it was pretty big, may just need to see other pics. When this is all said and done we are going to have a amazing motu statue collection.

kagero_no_mai
08-23-2015, 12:13 PM
Mmm, just saw the newsletter..
From the front shot i feel there's something off with the face..

http://s3.postimg.org/dj12ky1ir/fa9917fe_7985_4d10_8b70_ccd68d057ebc.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Could be due to the low-res pic, though..

RadicalThrasher
08-23-2015, 12:21 PM
Mmm, just saw the newsletter..
From the front shot i feel there's something off with the face..

http://s3.postimg.org/dj12ky1ir/fa9917fe_7985_4d10_8b70_ccd68d057ebc.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

Could be due to the low-res pic, thoug..

We seem to go through this everytime right before a PO:banghead: same thing happened with Sorceress. I think Jerry does this on purpose :eek: He release the most dark and gloomy pic he has, from the least flattering angle. Then when the full reveal happens everyone is blown away and relieved. Hasn't released a terrible piece in the Filmation line yet, all of them have looked pretty accurate and great. I wouldn't expect that to change now.

Drakull
08-23-2015, 12:24 PM
The face is perfect

Comicbookguy
08-23-2015, 01:15 PM
Face is perfect love it. What's the ex jerry? :D

Cheshire76
08-23-2015, 07:26 PM
Face is perfect love it. What's the ex jerry? :D

i thought it was a switch out head and hand and maybe something else..i liked how originally we had the shaping staff broken on the base, it would be nice to see the shaping staff somehow, but its still looks cool...that pic is pretty bad, you can't see her eyelids, which makes a huge difference to the face.

Darkhumor
08-23-2015, 10:44 PM
Maybe Jerry should release front, left, and right angles of the portrait in the teasers. I think Jerry likes to make us squirm a bit until the full gallery reveal. lmao!!

Comicbookguy
08-23-2015, 11:33 PM
i thought it was a switch out head and hand and maybe something else..i liked how originally we had the shaping staff broken on the base, it would be nice to see the shaping staff somehow, but its still looks cool...that pic is pretty bad, you can't see her eyelids, which makes a huge difference to the face.

Oh yeah forgot. Coh is always best. cool! :buttrock:

Big Hulk
08-24-2015, 08:37 AM
Where is the yellow skin? :p

foots
08-30-2015, 12:21 PM
https://gallery.mailchimp.com/0f9ccd2362a2fb361bd2b594f/images/1f6cc3af-0b2f-4404-9bdc-1f578f2564db.jpg

EVIL-LYN 1:4 STATUE
PCS EXCLUSIVE

Will be available through popcultureshocktoys.com

Price : $345.00
Edition Size : 200 pcs
Size : 16.5" (41.2cm) tall
Est Ship : 3rd Qtr 2016
Pre-Order Discount : Up to 10% for pre-ordering

Features: Alternate un-helmeted head and broken staff

RadicalThrasher
08-30-2015, 12:25 PM
The colors really pop. I'll be going for the EX, but I don't think its a must have. It reminds me of a Disney statue like the ones Sideshow used to do.

foots
08-30-2015, 12:39 PM
The EX is pretty meh... I'll never use the second head. A different expression with the headdress would be better. The staff is cool.

It doesn't matter though. The rest of the statue is fantastic. I like the face and the pose has grown on me.

Still wish we had gotten hands on her hips with switch out arms. I figured that would have been a no brainer given the reception of Teela. Oh well. I'll happily add her to my collection.

qz33
08-30-2015, 01:03 PM
Does the shaping staff have two smooth finished ends where the break is supposed to be?

kiosh
08-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Ex is a big MEH...
but reg is very good, like left hand; very expressive

pd)i will like an ex with light in the scepter for example

s_paulik87
08-30-2015, 06:19 PM
Does the shaping staff have two smooth finished ends where the break is supposed to be?

the whole bottom half of this pic is clearly photoshopped so I doubt it will have 2 smooth ends when it is made.'

edit: it actually looks like there is a ---- ton of photoshop on this pic, or is it just me?

Cheshire76
08-30-2015, 08:14 PM
translucent base is a real winner, she looks great

Darkhumor
08-30-2015, 08:59 PM
Wow... Im surprised at Foots & Radical's opinions. Not much detail. But again, this is the filmation line. I think this piece looks great! I love that the orb on her wand/scepter is translucent! Thanks for revealing better teaser pics Jerry!

foots
08-30-2015, 09:05 PM
the whole bottom half of this pic is clearly photoshopped so I doubt it will have 2 smooth ends when it is made.'

edit: it actually looks like there is a ---- ton of photoshop on this pic, or is it just me?

I don't think it is just you. I wonder if the full reveal photos will be any different.

dechirico7
08-30-2015, 09:13 PM
I don't like it when they do the photoshopped images. Just wait til you have the piece done. This was done with Mileena and that really turned me off to the piece.

The exclusive doesn't do anything for me and I am a HUGE Evil Lynn fan. I would have liked a more sinister head sculpt with the headdress. I can't see anyone displaying the exclusive head.

I will definitely get this, just not sure what version.

RadicalThrasher
08-30-2015, 09:15 PM
Wow... Im surprised at Foots & Radical's opinions. Not much detail. But again, this is the filmation line. I think this piece looks great! I love that the orb on her wand/scepter is translucent! Thanks for revealing better teaser pics Jerry!

I think it looks great. Just don't think the EX is must have. I'm going for it more for the shaping staff then the change of head. The second head is cool and nice to have, and options are always great, but I doubt I'll display the second head. And my comparison to the Disney statues was meant as a compliment. Those look like some of the better pieces sideshow has done. All in all, I'm liking this alot.

dechirico7
08-30-2015, 09:31 PM
I guess having a lower ES is worth the $5. I still don't like pre-ordering anymore with how long it takes for statues in production and the delays.

yeek
08-30-2015, 09:35 PM
Pretty much agree with everyone here about the EX. I feel I can do without that second head as well as the broken staff.

So far the best MOTU EX's have been He-Man and Sorceress...both totally worthy EX's.

Gruson
08-30-2015, 09:36 PM
Love it! Wish the EX head was just a different expression, as I never see myself displaying it.

RadicalThrasher
08-30-2015, 09:39 PM
So far the best MOTU EX's have been He-Man and Sorceress...both totally worthy EX's.

I agree. The extra characters make for a great EX. That's why Hordak has to come with Imp.:praying:

Morgul Steve
08-30-2015, 09:45 PM
Her face looks blank with no expression. She should have an evil grin on her face or something.

http://dragonmanecreations.angelfire.com/characters/evillyn/evil1.jpg

lamecius
08-30-2015, 09:55 PM
Her face looks blank with no expression. She should have an evil grin on her face or something.

http://dragonmanecreations.angelfire.com/characters/evillyn/evil1.jpg

+1

foots
08-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Pretty much agree with everyone here about the EX. I feel I can do without that second head as well as the broken staff.

In my opinion all of the EXs have been great with the exception of this and Man At Arms. It isn't that the EX for Man at Arms and this don't fit the character. They totally do. The problem is I'm not going to display Man At Arms with anything other than his iconic mace and I'm not going to display Evil Lyn with this second head. If the EX is going to provide an alternative rather than an addition, then the alternate shouldn't replace an iconic piece of the character. That is why Teela's arms, Beastman's second head, and Trapjaw's switch out attachments work.

A pose that allowed switch out arms or a head with a different expression would have worked better here.

RadicalThrasher
08-30-2015, 10:03 PM
In my opinion all of the EXs have been great with the exception of this and Man At Arms. It isn't that the EX for Man at Arms and this don't fit the character. They totally do. The problem is I'm not going to display Man At Arms with anything other than his iconic mace and I'm not going to display Evil Lyn with this second head. If the EX is going to provide an alternative rather than an addition, then the alternate shouldn't replace an iconic piece of the character. That is why Teela's arms, Beastman's second head, and Trapjaw's switch out attachments work.

A pose that allowed switch out arms or a head with a different expression would have worked better here.

Or Roboto's head somewhere in the mix would have been awesome.:itsb:

yeek
08-30-2015, 10:07 PM

You're right, Beastman's EX was pretty good too. The extra head and bat made it worthwhile. I'm still just okay with Teela's and Trapjaw's EX's.

Evil Lyn looks great without the exclusives in this case.

heman
08-30-2015, 11:46 PM
HATE HATE HATE the fact there is no heals! The flat foot should be just for the men. Need to paint the nails too. I love all the females and while evil lyn is the least pretty of them all, she still has to have IMO heals!

Slave2Evil_Lyn
08-31-2015, 01:45 AM
HATE HATE HATE the fact there is no heals! The flat foot should be just for the men. Need to paint the nails too. I love all the females and while evil lyn is the least pretty of them all, she still has to have IMO heals!

Evil-Lyn did not have high heels in the Filmation cartoon.

I am definitely getting this one!
I would have like a second hand with a magic effect like the NECA staction over the second head.

heman
08-31-2015, 02:15 AM
You are correct, she didnt have high heels, but especially during the episode with the shaping staff she disguised herself and did have high heels, so you could go either way. If its JUST evil lyn, and staying true to the source, no, she did not have heels. But It would look better. Just IMO

aaronica
08-31-2015, 04:44 AM
I just wish her face is more angry, she look a bit expressionless

Cheshire76
08-31-2015, 08:58 AM
i understand what you guys are saying, but in the pose she has, what coh with the headress would work in this situation?, she has always has that stern blank look when she is casting a spell, well more often than not, if i had one small gripe about this it would be the sceptor displayed in the casting hand, i would prefer that over the normal coh, thats just my take...but really loving it overall..that base tho, really impressive.

http://www.btchflcks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/unnamed11.jpg

chunkster702
08-31-2015, 10:24 AM
Not a fan of the EX head...thats more of a myp 2002 Evil-Lyn thing. And not familiar with the broken staff either..

She's still a nice piece though and only 700 es overall fans may want to secure that order.

MOTU_Maniac
08-31-2015, 11:06 AM
I will be picking up the EX, but not as excited for this EX as some of the other EX's (i.e. He-Man, Teela, Sorceress, etc.).

jonwes
08-31-2015, 11:07 AM
When you have statues with really stripped-down paint jobs based on animated characters, it's really in the tiny details that the "likeness" is made or broken. I think over all she looks really cool. I like the general pose. I do think just a few tweaks to the paint will help a lot:

• Widen the lips
•Thin the lower eyelash line
• curve the upper eyelash line on the corners versus having them go out more.

I think that brings her closer to the look of Evil-Lynn in the style guide. It's minor stuff, but I think it makes a difference:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=104669&d=1441033474

MOTU_Maniac
08-31-2015, 11:10 AM
When you have statues with really stripped-down paint jobs based on animated characters, it's really in the tiny details that the "likeness" is made or broken. I think over all she looks really cool. I like the general pose. I do think just a few tweaks to the paint will help a lot:

• Widen the lips
•Thin the lower eyelash line
• curve the upper eyelash line on the corners versus having them go out more.

I think that brings her closer to the look of Evil-Lynn in the style guide. It's minor stuff, but I think it makes a difference:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=104669&d=1441033474
I agree. Really love the wider lips.

Comicbookguy
08-31-2015, 12:46 PM
I always love a COH option but not sure if I will ever use this one. But either way I will PO her for sure. Love her filmation style look. I was going to pass on her until she came out looking so good. Can't complain, I do like the ex but I do t know if I would use it. Lol.... Still better than a tiny bat as an ex :D
Now Im so excited for hordak and she-ra! I would trade in anything statue from pcs, SS or XM just to own a filmation 1/4 she ra. Well except for sorceress! She's just that well done and great ex too.

foots
08-31-2015, 05:34 PM
I agree. Really love the wider lips.

Same here.

Cheshire76
08-31-2015, 07:49 PM
good ex or bad ex... the translucent base and sceptor are both so different to anything we have had so far, and probably none of the other statues will feature something like this, i might be wrong but she is very unique in that way

Comicbookguy
09-01-2015, 12:16 AM
good ex or bad ex... the translucent base and sceptor are both so different to anything we have had so far, and probably none of the other statues will feature something like this, i might be wrong but she is very unique in that way

Yes until today we the Elektra base from XM. :drooling: But still I love the transparent bases from any company.
evil lynn looks great as a filmation statue. Will po it for sure.

foots
09-01-2015, 02:44 AM
Full reveal on Facebook

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11895272_881491058587592_3336352912950002602_o.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/11882318_881491138587584_2198442964113383690_o.jpg

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/t31.0-8/11921850_881491301920901_1747209208544015569_o.jpg

aaronica
09-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Same here.

+1

Cheshire76
09-01-2015, 09:24 AM
nice one foots..so bought!

yeek
09-01-2015, 12:52 PM
Looks good

heman
09-02-2015, 02:38 AM
Looks dam good. She ra will be a draw with the sorceress I think. INSTANT sell out. Actually , any gilr statues will sell better than most in the line. There so ..............very nice eye candy. I would really really want ADORA i must say, always found her more pretty than she-ra:)

Comicbookguy
09-02-2015, 05:21 AM
Looks dam good. She ra will be a draw with the sorceress I think. INSTANT sell out. Actually , any gilr statues will sell better than most in the line. There so ..............very nice eye candy. I would really really want ADORA i must say, always found her more pretty than she-ra:)

She-ra, and hopefully queen Angela with long hair version COH :drooling:

EnShinNoi
09-02-2015, 05:36 AM
She's more yellow in the facebook pics. I guess they retouched the colour in photoshop.

Lorde Trooper
09-02-2015, 10:23 AM
Another win for motu.

Comicbookguy
09-08-2015, 12:08 AM
With so much coming out I had to rethink this one. Then I said to myself I must have this because it's filmation. Jerry did a super job on the likeness. I will po her for sure. What day was the po?

foots
09-08-2015, 12:12 AM
With so much coming out I had to rethink this one. Then I said to myself I must have this because it's filmation. Jerry did a super job on the likeness. I will po her for sure. What day was the po?

Next Monday.

Comicbookguy
09-08-2015, 12:58 AM
Next Monday.

Ok Thanks! How fast for sell out you all think? I say 6 days.

Cheshire76
09-09-2015, 08:15 PM
Ok Thanks! How fast for sell out you all think? I say 6 days.

as far as the ex goes, i'd give it 4-5 hours tops

Comicbookguy
09-10-2015, 12:42 AM
as far as the ex goes, i'd give it 4-5 hours tops

:thinking: with so much stuff out...I don't know.... Look at skeletor. Sorceress doesn't count she's well the Sorceress.

Cheshire76
09-10-2015, 06:03 AM
375 pieces on the skeletor ex though cbg, but the ex was meh, 200 on this, evil lyn being another female of course which is always going to attract attention, given how well teela sold, which was 175 pieces if memory serves, but teela did have an impressive ex edition, that many wanted that sword and shield look, but evil lyn's ex may not be enough to convince many to snap the ex and take a reg down the track, so its hard to predict this one, just going on how teela's ex sell out was..her reg was 400, this one is 500 , transparent base and sceptor is the reg so yeh..so an interesting situation..not as much buzz as teela i feel, but there's always quiet before the storm..its those darn he-man org guys just lying in wait to steal all our statues, brimming with excitement over there...just listening to our confusion, knowing they will be snapping this and just waiting for the countdown

Cheshire76
09-10-2015, 06:34 AM
foots is always over there at he-man.org giving them inspiration...he likes them better. :rolleyes2

Lorde Trooper
09-10-2015, 07:45 AM
There are several he-man.org members over here lurking in your waters.:dork::hi::thinking::sos:

foots
09-10-2015, 09:10 AM
foots is always over there at he-man.org giving them inspiration...he likes them better. :rolleyes2

I do? :eek:

Both girls in the line have done really well. I thought Sorceress would do well, but she still exceeded my expectations. This one is a girl AND evil. I'm not going to take any chances.

Cheshire76
09-10-2015, 11:39 PM
There are several he-man.org members over here lurking in your waters.:dork::hi::thinking::sos:

greetz trooper, thanks to you and all those guys for keeping this line strong and up to date on news over here..really makes the day coming in and seeing new progress shots and info

Cheshire76
09-10-2015, 11:47 PM
I do? :eek:

Both girls in the line have done really well. I thought Sorceress would do well, but she still exceeded my expectations. This one is a girl AND evil. I'm not going to take any chances.

you're really keeping this line alive..great to see all the early progress shots and pic's you post, top notch sourcing there..as i am only collecting this line, makes a huge difference to me being up to date and ahead of what to expect.

foots
09-10-2015, 11:47 PM
We need a tease of Whiplash dragging a severed Roboto head next to a life size Orko so that a certain someone will start posting here again. :flash:

foots
09-11-2015, 12:26 AM
you're really keeping this line alive..great to see all the early progress shots and pic's you post, top notch sourcing there..as i am only collecting this line, makes a huge difference to me being up to date and ahead of what to expect.

Thanks for the kind words, but you are giving me way too much credit. lol :)

Comicbookguy
09-11-2015, 12:32 AM
Teela and Sorceress both had killer ex or fail switch out parts. This is ok, I can't complain too much since I always love COH options for the ex. You all may be right I think she will sell out faster than a week.

Lorde Trooper
09-11-2015, 09:28 AM
We need a tease of Whiplash dragging a severed Roboto head next to a life size Orko so that a certain someone will start posting here again. :flash:
Your right R.T. Has been a little quiet. I think with Lyn P.O. Next week a few boys will be back.

I don't see it in the filmation line but would love to see a severed head in the mixed media range, at least a body part.

RadicalThrasher
09-11-2015, 08:10 PM

Your right R.T. Has been a little quiet. I think with Lyn P.O. Next week a few boys will be back.

I don't see it in the filmation line but would love to see a severed head in the mixed media range, at least a body part.

Still here guys:thumbs2: Been having some personal stuff going lately. Hopefully will be back to normal soon. Also hoping I'll be able to grab Evil Lyn on Monday http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smilies/imported/ohnoes.gif

foots
09-11-2015, 08:21 PM
Still here guys:thumbs2: Been having some personal stuff going lately. Hopefully will be back to normal soon. Also hoping I'll be able to grab Evil Lyn on Monday http://forum.blu-ray.com/images/smilies/imported/ohnoes.gif

:thumbs2:

Good to hear you're still around! I hope you get all personal stuff worked out. Don't forget about Evil Lyn. She may not last long.