PDA

View Full Version : Dhalsim's pose poll

SARFARAZ
03-25-2013, 02:40 PM
Before I say anything, I want to make it clear that this is an amazing piece. It's just that I personally think that it won't fit in with the rest of the pf's. This is just a poll to see how many like the pose and how many don't, that's all. I'm very curious in what everybody thinks of this one. It's a simple 2 options. Yes you like it or no you don't and you wish it were a simple museum pose.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f82/the1likesaf/6bc083cf3442dd1f82e4ce00f008345e.jpg

dao2
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
I don't like dally in general, can we have a vote for that :P.

Gorolives
03-25-2013, 02:48 PM
Oh God! :inquisiti

Quicksilver
03-25-2013, 02:56 PM
im sure it wont matter at this point, but I would have preferred the black base to match the other 1/4 sf statues, with a pose showing his stretching

SARFARAZ
03-25-2013, 02:58 PM
Oh yeah it won't matter. I'm still getting it, I just want to know how people feel, that's all. You know, in a way it shows me how similar we are in our street fighter taste. :)

DynamicMenace
03-25-2013, 03:27 PM
its agreat pose for him. represents the character extremely well

Jyester
03-25-2013, 03:39 PM
I aint voting here cause I would like to select the option......

I am on the fence and will reserve my judgement until I have seen the finished statue!

I feel it's just too tough to criticize or make a decision when its only a WIP digital image we are looking at

SARFARAZ
03-25-2013, 04:18 PM

I am on the fence and will reserve my judgement until I have seen the finished statue!

I feel it's just too tough to criticize or make a decision when its only a WIP digital image we are looking at

I totally understand and that's cool man, but it's the pose I'm talking about here which is clear and won't change. I'm sure once it's all painted it will look awesome though.

jye318
03-25-2013, 04:22 PM
I don't think the base with flame is a good idea....

equi-nox76
03-25-2013, 04:24 PM
The pose it not mine unfortunately, but will pass because there is no fabric at all. This one has to be the start of the all sculpted line, cannot imagine that Jerry would change the feel of the mixed media line suddenly. Hope he will let us know.

SARFARAZ
03-25-2013, 04:27 PM
It HAS fabric. Jerry told me himself. So no worries there.

Quicksilver
03-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Jerry confirmed it would have fabric

equi-nox76
03-25-2013, 04:35 PM
Just saw it in the other thread. THX 4 that info. The necklace and bracelets will be separated as well? Hope so. I assume the base will look like the others then when he's finished. That's a relief at least on the fabric. Now just the necklace and bracelets separated and all is fine.

loricstone
03-25-2013, 04:58 PM
its agreat pose for him. represents the character extremely well

I agree with Dynamic.

Jyester
03-25-2013, 05:08 PM
Just saw it in the other thread. THX 4 that info. The necklace and bracelets will be separated as well? Hope so. I assume the base will look like the others then when he's finished. That's a relief at least on the fabric. Now just the necklace and bracelets separated and all is fine.

Couldnt agree more it's almost vital the shorts are mixed media and the bracelets and necklace separate pieces.

This keeps it in line with the others... thinking Guiles dog tags, Akuma's beads & Shadaloo Cammy's Tie. Although I am sure Jerry knows this already and will have it all under control!

Ricky Bobby
03-25-2013, 05:16 PM
I was hoping Dhalsim was standing instead of sitting,i am puzzled how this will blend with the others...i am also a little concerned about the base and its flames/energy part.A simple black base with Dhalsim standing,and maybe a change of head and limb with him stretching his arm/leg or whatever would of been more to my taste.Dont get me wrong the current pose is nice,but i knew no matter what...if the pose was like this it would be challenging to not have a distractive base

Goldenpanther
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
ideally - there is alot better pose I would prefer.

But Jerry went with something different because of the obscurity of the character.

Personally I would like another pose -
But I love the bold effort that Jerry has decided to go with - If the colours are right fo the Ex I will get two :)

High Lord Apocalypse
03-25-2013, 06:06 PM
great pose and sculpt but considering the rest of them are standing on a black base makes this one stick from the rest. the yoga flame pic posted earlier would've been a good way to keep him standing on the base to match the rest of the set.
in the end, i'm getting him to complete the set.

vinnnie
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
I was hoping Dhalsim was standing instead of sitting,i am puzzled how this will blend with the others...i am also a little concerned about the base and its flames/energy part.A simple black base with Dhalsim standing,and maybe a change of head and limb with him stretching his arm/leg or whatever would of been more to my taste.Dont get me wrong the current pose is nice,but i knew no matter what...if the pose was like this it would be challenging to not have a distractive base

I agree, I'm afraid this won't fit with the rest of the line; the others don't have flames/energy stuff, only the character on a simple black base.

Goldenpanther
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM
@ least he wont sell out at pre order

chaggs1
03-25-2013, 06:42 PM
I would have preferred him standing on the simple black base to match all the other street fighters. Why change now?

Ridimous
03-25-2013, 07:46 PM
I was hoping for yoga flame pose.

EnShinNoi
03-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Pose is cool but still needs tweaks.

Grayfox117
03-25-2013, 09:46 PM
Well since the pic says pending approval hopefully Capcom will also agree that the flames don't belong with the rest of the 1/4 PF line:eplus2:

DRAGONTHEBOMB
03-26-2013, 12:24 AM
I like it

s_paulik87
03-26-2013, 12:27 AM
Well since the pic says pending approval hopefully Capcom will also agree that the flames don't belong with the rest of the 1/4 PF line:eplus2:

Not really up to Capcom to see if the statue fits into the line, only up to them to approve the statue. They couldn't care less if it fit in or not. But I get where you are coming from!

Comicbookguy
03-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Don't like the pose. Prefer a simple standing pose or that wonderful twisted version we have seen in the older posts. That was stunning!

premium_substit
03-26-2013, 07:08 AM
I'm sure the flame is removeable, so how about making it so people have the option to sit Dhalsim on the (round) base itself? Won't be the same effect, but it's still a pretty cool stoic pose which captures Dhalsim's character.

I'll wait for proto to see how the 'flame' turns out, but if the underside of dhalsim can sit flush w/out the flame support, I may just use an acrylic riser

furycat
03-26-2013, 07:41 AM
i fell his pose is like diorama. i remember dhaslim with his breathing fire. but still i might get the statue.

Grayfox117
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm sure the flame is removeable, so how about making it so people have the option to sit Dhalsim on the (round) base itself? Won't be the same effect, but it's still a pretty cool stoic pose which captures Dhalsim's character.

I'll wait for proto to see how the 'flame' turns out, but if the underside of dhalsim can sit flush w/out the flame support, I may just use an acrylic riser

If the flames are removable I could work with that. I'd probably make some sort of clear rod to hold him up or even try my magnetic levitation experiment.

chaggs1
03-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Jerry are you listening?

We want a simple black base to go with the others keep the flame thing for Sota's line

ambasah
03-26-2013, 11:02 AM
I love this statue exactly like it is. I would not change a thing.

Spazzy
03-27-2013, 12:02 AM
I think it is pretty cool and different, if I still bought the whole line I would love this one

Killerbee
03-27-2013, 02:03 AM

:iagree:

CustomPaintWork
03-27-2013, 02:42 AM
when is the unveil, I may get a companion piece to Sagat. I think if that the statue is based off of the WIP, then him and Sagat would make an interesting diorama... like the two are ready to fight off.

kenshi8
03-27-2013, 08:06 AM
I like this statue a lot as long as mixed media and removable skulls :)

equi-nox76
03-27-2013, 08:28 AM
I like this statue a lot as long as mixed media and removable skulls :)This + 1 real bracelet on each hand, no bracelets on his feet + real bandages and fitting black base and all is good.

SideShowJoe
03-27-2013, 10:03 PM
Yeah we can sure discuss this but it really doesn't matter what we think! The pose is what it is and most likely won't change, I don't feel Jerry would do a sf piece and not have it mesh with the others! But to me I think it's great! Classic dhalism floating after he has seeken victory! I'm getting this day one!

:smokin: Sarah Joe

XMAN
03-27-2013, 10:37 PM
All that matters to me is that it blends well with all of the other pieces. At the same time one has to remeber that all of the World warriors were very different from one another.....I guess having the same base then will be a must.

XMAN
03-27-2013, 10:38 PM
E.Honda please....sorry I couldn't resist...just can't wait for this one.

Jyester
03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
E.Honda please....sorry I couldn't resist...just can't wait for this one.

Saving the best till last!

SARFARAZ
03-28-2013, 05:29 PM
Saving the best till last!

I bet Balrog's the last one. ;)

SideShowJoe
03-28-2013, 08:34 PM
I bet Balrog's the last one. ;)

You think balrogs best one? Everyone has their favorite but to me he is forgettable! :thumbsdow

Please bring on blanka and Honda!

SARFARAZ
03-28-2013, 08:46 PM
No I didn't mean he's the best, I just think he'll be the last of the world warriors we get. Hope I'm wrong though as I want to see all the grand masters together sooooo bad! :)

Joppula
03-28-2013, 10:28 PM
IMO, Balrog OWNS the rest of the remaining characters!

If he's last, Jerry will have definitely "saved the best for last".

Btw, Rog killed Dhalsim's elephant. So take that Dhalsim PF! Lol.

(Dhalsim PF looks sick btw)

SideShowJoe
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Hope I'm wrong though as I want to see all the grand masters together sooooo bad! :)

:iagree: You and me both sarfaraz!!

My sf collection will be one of last lines I sell that's for sure!!

Gruson
03-28-2013, 10:53 PM
Shoot. I was hoping for a museum pose and black base.

Oh we'll, low on room anyway. Hoping Honda is big like Zangief and in a simple pose, maybe with arm out doing his thing.