PDA

View Full Version : GG at WWC: Pretty kewl.

Ghost
08-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Your like me. Like a kid in a candy store. :laugh:

Haha :laugh:

I gotta say I just saw the FS Yoda in person today. Wow it's big. And I completely forgot to take a pic of it or with it to show the sheer size of it. Will do that tomorrow. But it looks GREAT. I asked if they would do any payment plans and they said no, and that they're not really sure if they're even going to produce it, other then the ones they get on preorder. Also it will SUPPOSEDLY start to ship in Dec. Crazy.

On top of that I just got an email saying that Wolverine vs. Sabretooth will be shipping soon! Sheesh. So much for spending some cash at the WWC this year heh. They had the Chrome Vader there too, but looked to cheap and the saber lighting up ever second was annoying. Yoda was the main attraction there. Oh and Boba Fett looked great up close, so did Maul. I have pics but I guess I can't post any of that, though the guy let me take pics of anything I wanted. Oh and I gotta say, those Harry Potter busts are ALOT more impressive in person. Very great pieces.

On the bright side I got to talk to the head of graphic design for GG and asked about working for them and what not. Seems like a great group of ppl. Got a huge XL Bust Ups shirt out of it as well.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I agree totally Ghost. The Yoda was kick ass! Boba and Maul I can't wait for. I didn't find any real bargins though. Seems like everyone knew what they had. I did see a Gothmog for $175. Oh and I found an Aragorn (the first SS one). I grabbed the box and the guy jumped out of his chair. I asked how much, he says $800. It's still there.

Ghost
08-05-2005, 11:02 PM
I agree totally Ghost. The Yoda was kick ass! Boba and Maul I can't wait for. I didn't find any real bargins though. Seems like everyone knew what they had. I did see a Gothmog for $175. Oh and I found an Aragorn (the first SS one). I grabbed the box and the guy jumped out of his chair. I asked how much, he says $800. It's still there.

Haha yeah true dat. So far nothing great or out of the ordinary, screaming "DEAL!" anywhere yet. Will wait around till sunday towards the end and see if anything good pops up, but still nothing I can't find anywhere else for the same price. I missed out on the Black Queen though :( And no one had the Chrome Colossus either.

nexus
08-05-2005, 11:15 PM
How much is Yoda?

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:16 PM
How much is Yoda?
$800 :banghead:

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:16 PM
$800 not sure if it's worth it but it is pretty cool. It makes lightsaber noises too.

Ghost
08-05-2005, 11:18 PM
$800 and so soon. That's gonna be one heavy hit. I rather not get it and get all these smaller pieces from them and SS and Bowen then cancel all of them for Yoda. Great piece and I'm sure it will rise with time.

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:18 PM
$800 not sure if it's worth it but it is pretty cool. It makes lightsaber noises too.
Bust out a pic of it! I know you got one,or didn't it turn out? The face looked great,not so sure about the clothes.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Can we post pics of it? I took a few but I have to edit them down first.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:19 PM
Gimme a sec.

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Can we post pics of it? I took a few but I have to edit them down first.
I don't know why you couldn't.I know someone posted pics of him from sdcc.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:26 PM
GG is kinda picky about this stuff, that's why I'm askin.

Ghost
08-05-2005, 11:28 PM
I literally wanted to hug him and take him home :D

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:28 PM
The second shot has a fullsize chrome Vader for size reference.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:29 PM
I literally wanted to hug him and take him home :D
He should have fit in one of those Tokyopop bags! The face is dead nuts on!

carrillj
08-05-2005, 11:31 PM
GG is kinda picky about this stuff, that's why I'm askin. If there is a problem Mods can delete it. I give you Yoda for $800.

$800?

I would buy one if given the chance. I think that is a really good price.

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:33 PM
All we can do is pre-order it. I think it will be a made to order edition size.

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:34 PM
The clothes under his robe looked a bit Mr.Furlyish(sp) from 3's Company,kinda like the polyester one-piece jumpsuit.All in all it was really cool though.If only he would have had a few cool one liners instead of just the sound of the saber.

Ghost
08-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Did you preorder one CB?

carrillj
08-05-2005, 11:40 PM
All we can do is pre-order it. I think it will be a made to order edition size.

Where can you place a pre-order? Can it be done by internet?

Comicboy
08-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Nope I didn't get one. I think you can only order it at a Con. They should have it still at the other Con's, Atlanta, Boston, Philly.

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:49 PM
Where can you place a pre-order? Can it be done by internet?
Good question,I didn't think to ask. :banghead: I don't see hide nor hair of it on their site.Maybe Ghost can find out on Saturday?

Boerboel
08-05-2005, 11:51 PM
I think you can only order it at a Con. They should have it still at the other Con's, Atlanta, Boston, Philly.
I think you are right.

kirthew
08-06-2005, 12:14 AM
Damn I need to win the lotto for this statue... It looks awsome... GF would kill me though if I said.. "Hey baby... I just bought a statue for 800.00"

Kirthew

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 12:15 AM
Don't think you can slip this one past her eh? :laugh:

kirthew
08-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Don't think you can slip this one past her eh? :laugh:

No.. I can slip by a Bowen statue... and I can slip by a a maquette... I think it would be hard to slip by a 3 foot yoda... Wont fit in the back pack ya know?

Kirthew

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 12:19 AM
No.. I can slip by a Bowen statue... and I can slip by a a maquette... I think it would be hard to slip by a 3 foot yoda... Wont fit in the back pack ya know?

Kirthew
I hear ya. :laugh:

Ghost
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Good question,I didn't think to ask. :banghead: I don't see hide nor hair of it on their site.Maybe Ghost can find out on Saturday?

Yeah CB's right, only at the Cons, and they'll see how the preorders fair before they make it online available or not.

Gianco
08-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Hey Ghost, any news about releasing dates for Boba, Luke/Taun Taun and Maul statues? Post your pics!

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 01:20 AM
No dates yet Gianco. I asked about Maul and Boba, all he said was next year.

Gianco
08-06-2005, 01:21 AM
No dates yet Gianco. I asked about Maul and Boba, all he said was next year.

:bawling: Thanks! :mad: :banghead:

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah I know how you feel. They both looked great. I wish the Maul had a scowl on his face and the lightsabers extended but I cant complain too much. The Luke/Taun Taun seems smaller than I thought it would be.

Ghost
08-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Yeah the Luke piece I would have liked to have rivaled the Gandalf on Shadowfax piece. Still great detail in all.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 02:29 AM
. I wish the Maul had a scowl on his face
I agree.He didn't look evil enough,he looked almost expressionless.Should have been snarling or something.The rest of it was cool though.

cap70
08-06-2005, 04:14 AM
That is one amazing Yoda! It looks much better than any other life size Yodas on the market today, IMO. Love the "Karate Kid" pose! :laugh:
Do you know what is made from?

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 04:22 AM
You know now that you ask I have no idea. I think it may be some sort of laytex. It seemed harder than your foam laytex masks though. Maybe we can get Ghost to ...touch the Yoda. :laugh:

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 04:26 AM
Due to Zurbs sticky (just saw it) I'm pulling the pics. I don't know if this extends to WWC but just in case I don't want GG coming down on this place. If anyone wants to see the pics pm me and I'll shoot them to you.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 04:35 AM
Due to Zurbs sticky (just saw it) I'm pulling the pics. I don't know if this extends to WWC but just in case I don't want GG coming down on this place. If anyone wants to see the pics pm me and I'll shoot them to you.
Opps,I didn't even see that.Seems odd though,why would they care? One would think it would help their sales.Don't want the wrath of Zurb,better ditch 'em.

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 04:51 AM
I took them down. I don't understand it either. They are all over the net. Rebelscum has the stuff up immediately and they never take em down to my knowledge. But it's Zurb's law and Danny's house. I remember GG has told them in the past about it so I don't want the company to have ill will towards this place. If it's cool with them (mods) I'll put them back up later but until I get the green light....

Bullseye
08-06-2005, 05:57 AM
No pics.:(

bustRgood
08-06-2005, 08:15 AM
if you want pics just pm me I got them up on another web site.

chrome Vader
full size yoda
boba fett and maul statue
lando skiff gaurd bust

Bullseye
08-06-2005, 10:07 AM
Cheers bustRgood. I've seen them but this GG think against posting pics is stupid.

nexus
08-06-2005, 10:11 AM
And of course with no pix I can't decide whether or not to order. GG, in its infinite brilliance, strikes again.

P1X4R
08-06-2005, 11:34 AM
That is one amazing Yoda! It looks much better than any other life size Yodas on the market today, IMO. Love the "Karate Kid" pose! :laugh:
Do you know what is made from?

Silicone. :laugh:

Ghost
08-06-2005, 12:03 PM
You know now that you ask I have no idea. I think it may be some sort of laytex. It seemed harder than your foam laytex masks though. Maybe we can get Ghost to ...touch the Yoda. :laugh:

Hey hey!!! Well to tell you the truth I was going too, but I didn't wanna touch him in front of the crew heh. :eplus2: I'll ask for sure and I'll take some better pics, so if anyone wants I'll set up a gallery for ppl to see all the pics.

Ghost
08-06-2005, 12:05 PM
And of course with no pix I can't decide whether or not to order. GG, in its infinite brilliance, strikes again.

You know that was one of my questions to them, as to why they take so long in releasing stuff when it clearly shows they got everything made already. They said that even though they do manage to make the busts quickly they have a loooong process of licensing approval before anything can go out. That's why they said they did the Bust-Ups and new stuff like Corpse Bride I think and Death Jr. since those were more lenient licenses they're able to churn that stuff out while they wait on the other stuff. Still seems harsh considering the rest of the industry is pumping out SW stuff like nothing.

Zurbaran1
08-06-2005, 12:18 PM
I took them down. I don't understand it either. They are all over the net. Rebelscum has the stuff up immediately and they never take em down to my knowledge. But it's Zurb's law and Danny's house. I remember GG has told them in the past about it so I don't want the company to have ill will towards this place. If it's cool with them (mods) I'll put them back up later but until I get the green light....

Thanks CB for taking them down. I'm away these past few weeks (and until next Wednesday) so I'm not on here nearly as much as usual. It's not really my law but GG´s request that pics of their upcoming stuff not be posted. Whether it makes sense or not and whether we like it or not, it's their right to request it and we have no choice but to comply. GG is very much aware of what gets posted here and I hear directly from them when this happens. I assume they want to control the release of images and these pieces may still be tweaked before they are sent into production so the images may not accurately reflect the final product. But, who knows.

candyrocket786
08-06-2005, 02:34 PM
You know that was one of my questions to them, as to why they take so long in releasing stuff when it clearly shows they got everything made already. They said that even though they do manage to make the busts quickly they have a loooong process of licensing approval before anything can go out.

....then why the hell do they have it on public display? If it's not approved... don't show it.

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 06:58 PM
It's not really my law but GG´s request that pics of their upcoming stuff not be posted. Whether it makes sense or not and whether we like it or not, it's their right to request it and we have no choice but to comply. GG is very much aware of what gets posted here and I hear directly from them when this happens.
Exactly why I took them down. I know it's not your law, that you'd been contacted in the past. And although I find it odd, it is after all their product. I wish GG would have a rep or someone post here. That person would have to have a strong chin with the things are continually brought up but I think a word from them would go a long way. Information is king in this day and age. Although people love their product, they have also lost business due to the lack of info on peoples concerns. I'm not saying they don't care or don't listen to the fans, they obviously see these things posted here. I think if people understood better the things involved or goings on, it would help their cause. We are spoiled here with direct contact to so many companies and talented artists who interact with us on a daily basis, people may feel a bit snubbed. When people see companies like Bowen Designs and Sideshow interact with us like they do, they cease to be companies and become friends, almost family. I think GG should try and make this connection. All people have seen here of GG are pieces they themselves have or production photos. The only words from GG people hear about are in emails to you requesting that Con photos be removed, which you do here as a gesture to them, much to the displeasure of all here. I'm sure they request the same thing on all the other sites that post their stuff but those sites never remove them. I'm not going to go into the whole picture removal thing because, quite frankly while it p's me off, it is Danny's house and I respect the rules. I'll get off my box now but I think GG needs to humanize itself. No disrespect intended, I'm sure GG is full of wonderful people, but right now I see GG as a corporation with no face, not a friend. While I will continue to buy their product, because it is quality stuff, I have no feelings for the company itself. It's that bond I think they need to remain a "force" in this business.

Ghost
08-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Instead of PMing too. I set up a gallery. I started a thread in conventions. I have some pics there and a link to see the rest of the pics with all the GG stuff.

cap70
08-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Silicone. :laugh:

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!! :laugh:

Anyway, I really hope it's not made from latex.

achteel
08-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I wish GG would have a rep or someone post here. That person would have to have a strong chin with the things are continually brought up but I think a word from them would go a long way. Information is king in this day and age. Although people love their product, they have also lost business due to the lack of info on peoples concerns. I'm not saying they don't care or don't listen to the fans, they obviously see these things posted here. I think if people understood better the things involved or goings on, it would help their cause. We are spoiled here with direct contact to so many companies and talented artists who interact with us on a daily basis, people may feel a bit snubbed. When people see companies like Bowen Designs and Sideshow interact with us like they do, they cease to be companies and become friends, almost family. I think GG should try and make this connection. I think GG needs to humanize itself. No disrespect intended, I'm sure GG is full of wonderful people, but right now I see GG as a corporation with no face, not a friend. While I will continue to buy their product, because it is quality stuff, I have no feelings for the company itself. It's that bond I think they need to remain a "force" in this business.
Well said! :thumbs2:

nexus
08-07-2005, 12:39 PM
I actually hear that GG are nice people. And their CSR was pretty cool to me during the Han Solo stormtrooper episode, which I just waited out and sure enough it cleared up. While I've gotten the feeling that Lucas is not the easiest company to deal with, when you consider the unbelievable amount of plastic thingamabobs, t-shirts, sheets, lunch boxes, food tie ins like cheetoes, slurpees, candy bars, happy meal toys, and every other shameless promo that came out surrounding Ep III, I can't figure out why getting a few thousand busts from a small company approved and on the market would be so difficult. It seemed like Lucas had a rubber stamp in one hand and a cash valult in the other. Plus, GG doesn't seem to be able to get clearance to produce characters as bust ups. If all the busts ups were actual busts, they'd be selling like hotcakes, and none of us would be complaining ... too much. I really hope GG. Lucas, orwhoever is gumming up the works, opens up the floodgates next year and starts producing at least 1-2 SW busts a month. That would really make everyone pretty happy IMO.

darthrobbler
08-07-2005, 03:00 PM
I was there and the Yoda rocked! I also really liked the chrome Vader, I love the chrome. If you put just the right lighting on it they look spectacular. I ordered a Yoda and Vader, they don't know what the future will be for these two so I ordered hoping it becomes a Con exclusive. Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex. The GG convention staff are very friendly and great to talk with. The Maul and Boba look fantastic also.

darthrobbler
08-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Also asked why GG has the picture policy and they were confused as hell about what I was talking about. Someone might want to email GG and ask before we keep complaining on about it.

Ghost
08-07-2005, 03:17 PM
That's a good question too, cause they did have don't take pics of it, but while I was talking to a rep, I was also taking pics and he was just showing me all the new stuff they had going on.

P1X4R
08-08-2005, 01:38 AM
"Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex." :eek:

Korann
08-09-2005, 01:36 PM
I was there and the Yoda rocked! I also really liked the chrome Vader, I love the chrome. If you put just the right lighting on it they look spectacular. I ordered a Yoda and Vader, they don't know what the future will be for these two so I ordered hoping it becomes a Con exclusive. Yoda will be made out a silicon material that will take forever to break down, unlike latex. The GG convention staff are very friendly and great to talk with. The Maul and Boba look fantastic also.
I have to agree with you on this one. I really liked how the chrome looked! If I had to choose between the Vader or the Yoda I would have to go with the Yoda! The light up saber and the sound effects sold it for me!!