PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Hustle

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 02:40 AM
I just watched this movie and I actually enjoyed it.I thought it would probably be just another stupid spoof flick from what I rememberd from the commercials,but it was really funny and had some awesome kung fu action and great special fx.Some of it was a little cheesey.I would recommend it.Anyone else see it and if so what did you think? It comes out on Tuesday.

Daredevil
08-06-2005, 02:46 AM
great movie

Ghost
08-06-2005, 02:47 AM
This movie was great. I forgot when I saw it, a year or 2 ago? You know how late these get released here. It was one of my fave action flicks actually. It grows on you. Silly but gets serious and it's just great story too. I love the effects makes you think they can do a live action Dragonball with ease from Stephen Chow. I've had it on dvd, I wonder if they'll have dubs on the new release.

Daredevil
08-06-2005, 02:48 AM
I doubt they will have dubs since they would want it to be in the way it was presented in the theaters.

Tetragrammaton
08-06-2005, 03:04 AM
We had an older thread that started off as people complaining about the CARP coming out of Hollywood these days. This was one of the movies I recommended people to go out and watch. Silly at times but some very impressive action sequences that look like nothing you may have seen elsewhere.

Ghost
08-06-2005, 03:06 AM
I doubt they will have dubs since they would want it to be in the way it was presented in the theaters.

Yeah, though Shaolin Soccer (Kung Fu Soccer) was dubbed in the theatres. I hate how they talk when they're dubbed.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 03:10 AM
The lions roar rules! :buttrock: :buttrock:

Daredevil
08-06-2005, 03:10 AM
I agree.. dubbing ruins the movie.. Just read the subtitles, people!

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 03:12 AM
I hate how they talk when they're dubbed.
It didn't seem to bad to me once I put it on english and turned the subtitles off. :laugh:

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 03:14 AM
I agree.. dubbing ruins the movie.. Just read the subtitles, people!
I can't deal with the subtitles.It negatively affects my viewing pleasure. :)

Tetragrammaton
08-06-2005, 03:21 AM
I can't deal with the subtitles.It negatively affects my viewing pleasure. :)

Yeah, me too! My lips get tired from reading after about 40 minutes into a dubbed movie.

Comicboy
08-06-2005, 03:25 AM
You spend more time reading than actually watching the movie. When Spy Games first hit the shelves it had issues with certain players and would play the subtitles no matter how you set it. It really blew the movie for me.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Yeah,I don't want to have to think while I'm watching a movie.I just want to be entertained in a mind numbing fashion.If I feel like reading I'll pick up a book.

Ghost
08-06-2005, 03:43 AM
Haha it's funny I usually put subs on for all my movies. That way if someone has a bad accent I catch what they're saying anyways.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 03:52 AM
To each his own my friend. :)

JM28Cardiff
08-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I prefered Shaolin Soccer

Sam Wilson
08-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I dig both Shao lin soccer and Kung Fu hustle, have both on DVD.

I also can only watch anime or HK movies in the original language with subtitles. I feel like I'm missing something if the movie is dubbed... But to each his own.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I dig both Shao lin soccer and Kung Fu hustle, have both on DVD.

I also can only watch anime or HK movies in the original language with subtitles. I feel like I'm missing something if the movie is dubbed... But to each his own.
Its already out on dvd? I thought it isn't coming out until Tuesday.

Sam Wilson
08-06-2005, 02:40 PM
Its already out on dvd? I thought it isn't coming out until Tuesday.

I order from buy.com and I get 'em a day or two early usually.

Boerboel
08-06-2005, 02:50 PM
Ah,I see.My wife works at a video rental place part time so we get the new releases for free before they are actually released.Cool little perk!

devlinboy
10-08-2005, 01:30 AM
i was just thinking about this flick, saw it as a preview on Layer Cake. i really liked it and i think they should make more. i use subtitles on everything also. i got bad ears. i think . i never can tell what people in movies are sayin.

stormshadow007
10-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Liked this movie as well eventhough some parts were cheesy, especially the beginning when the Axe Gang started to dance and the corny lovey dubby ending.

You guys should watch Ong Bak, Muay Thai Warrior. It's subtitled and once you see Tony Jaa start kickin' butt, you'll be blown away. I guarantee it. His style is just out of this world.

devlinboy
10-08-2005, 03:28 AM
the mustang has galloped on your face... my favorite line ...what a kick stomp!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

devlinboy
10-08-2005, 03:29 AM
you gotta watch the movie Layer Cake. i just finished it. everyone do not sleep on this movie. its an english film and it blew me away.

Ghost
10-08-2005, 03:47 AM
I didn't think Layer Cake was that great actually. No real memorable characters, I couldn't like anyone there other then Sienna what's her name. For a good English crime thriller check out "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead" with Clive Owen as lead. Also did great in Croupier. Great movies, don't sleep on those!

devlinboy
10-08-2005, 04:44 PM
that guy morty was awesome, i thought the old school cats were cool too. im suprised you didnt like it ghost. it had so many cool twists. i loved the ending in the mum factory. but too each his own right. ill check out your suggestions.

Ghost
10-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I thought it was a fun flick, but something to fill in for inbetween the time you wait for something better. Just didn't think it was too great ya know? The other flicks are opposite, nothing funny, just pure psychological thriller.