PDA

View Full Version : Kitana Pop Culture 1/4 Scale

statuemonger
06-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Hello,

So who thinks she will be shipped this month, I have a final payment on the 15th so in theory she will be here soon after. Thoughts, personally I am not buying it?

John M.

redhulk27
06-03-2013, 03:24 PM
There's already a thread for this in the Pop Culture section.

World Warrior
06-03-2013, 03:26 PM
If SS items are late, sadly PCS items are a tad behind as well. IT will be worth the wait and Jerry and crew are doing a phenomenal job of keeping the collector informed.

statuemonger
06-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Ohhhhhhh, it looks like I was right the statue was pushed back, LOL. Not the least bit surprised, it seems every statue that comes from SS is pushed back, why bother with dates if you are going to adjust every one of them. Just say available when ready, LOL.

John M.

Y3E
06-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Not sure if I will keep this....

Remember Me?
06-05-2013, 10:13 AM
Not sure if I will keep this....

Same here, since the MK9 line is cancelled (From what I heard). This sucks!

EnShinNoi
06-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Same here, since the MK9 line is cancelled (From what I heard). This sucks!
It's not cancelled, it's being phased out but Sub Zero is currently the only confirmed upcoming character.

Sigep756
06-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I think I'm holding on to mine, but only because I've already paid for Shao Kahn in full. The fact that the line is getting cancelled has killed my excitement for these pieces.

NorthernLadMSP
06-05-2013, 11:01 AM
This statue is a huge fail, IMO.

I think the hair looks really bad, like some generic block of black polystone. I think the "blood" on the EX fans looks like strawberry gel and I think the surfboard looking stiff loin cloth looks ridiculous.

Not to mention, the fact that the base looks really gaudy and busy.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-05-2013, 12:20 PM
Ohhhhhhh, it looks like I was right the statue was pushed back, LOL. Not the least bit surprised, it seems every statue that comes from SS is pushed back, why bother with dates if you are going to adjust every one of them. Just say available when ready, LOL.

John M.

I don't disagree with you, but in this case SideShow isn't to blame. Pop Culture Shock makes these. SideShow just distributes them.

There is also a Pop Culture section with a whole thread for Kitana if you want to stay up to date on everything.

loricstone
06-05-2013, 02:21 PM
It's not cancelled, it's being phased out but Sub Zero is currently the only confirmed upcoming character.

Phased out is just a kinder word for cancelled. I am seriously considering losing my $36 down payment since the line is being phased out.

This has really left a bad taste in my mouth with PCS, a really bad one.

Really makes me hesitant in buying any MOTU statues from them...just knowing how Jerry flip flops on lines.

1)Darkstalkers
2)Thundercats
3)MK9
4)1:3 busts

More to come....stay tuned. :laugh:

Sigep756
06-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Phased out is just a kinder word for cancelled. I am seriously considering losing my $36 down payment since the line is being phased out.

Really makes me hesitant in buying any MOTU statues from them...just knowing how Jerry flip flops on lines.

1)Darkstalkers
2)Thundercats
3)MK9

You speak the truth here...I'm awaiting Jerry's answer to your question, I may cancel Kitana as well. I'm sure someone would buy the Shao Khan I paid off, and I bet I could sell Scorpion too. A big shame...

Gyro Zeppeli
06-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I also think the statue is a bit flawed. Strawberry jam on her fans plus her hair looks rather bad. Plus I think her unmasked face looks worse than it did in game, which is saying something. That and the MK9 line being phased out is a major disappointment. Guess I will never get MK9 Smoke or Quan Chi which is a huge shame. I'll probably cancel Kitana because of the line closure and the problems I already listed.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-05-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm a huge fan of his Klassic line. Black simple bases with museum style poses. Total nostalgia moment for me.

Comicbookguy
06-05-2013, 06:27 PM

1)Darkstalkers
2)Thundercats
3)MK9

Wow never looked at it like this before. Now you got me thinking after seeing your list. I do bet the motu line will be cancel as well. I just want a she ra and sorceress next. The rest I can pass since they are not must owns. I just don't see people spending that kind of money on motu statues on the long run. Sad mk9 is gone. I really like mk9 so much better than the classics line. Kitana I will hold on for now.

Whirl Wind Boy
06-05-2013, 06:41 PM

1)Darkstalkers
2)Thundercats
3)MK9

I don't think he'd "flip flop" if people bought all his statues. At the end of the day he's a business man. If the excitement or PO don't show for a given line than he'd cancel it. No different than any other company like sideshow or bowen. He's still continuing the 'Klassic" line. He's said he'd make more "modern" mortal kombat statues as more games come out. I also see his street fighter line is still continuing after how much time? So i don't think he flip flops for giggles.

dr.banner
06-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Wait I'm confused cbg who is she ra is she part of the mk crew?

Frostlord
06-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Cool, as least they are still doing Sub Zero. Btw have they shown any previews of him?

Whirl Wind Boy
06-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Cool, as least they are still doing Sub Zero. Btw have they shown any previews of him?

Nothing yet. Hoping he'll be epic though!

loricstone
06-05-2013, 10:43 PM
I'm a huge fan of his Klassic line. Black simple bases with museum style poses. Total nostalgia moment for me.

I'm the exact opposite.

Comicbookguy
06-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Wait I'm confused cbg who is she ra is she part of the mk crew?

She ra and everything 80s I know very well! :stick:

MrYac
06-05-2013, 10:53 PM
everything except how to spell Panthro's name ;)

loricstone
06-05-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't think he'd "flip flop" if people bought all his statues. At the end of the day he's a business man. If the excitement or PO don't show for a given line than he'd cancel it. No different than any other company like sideshow or bowen. He's still continuing the 'Klassic" line. He's said he'd make more "modern" mortal kombat statues as more games come out. I also see his street fighter line is still continuing after how much time? So i don't think he flip flops for giggles.

Dude...you just don't get it!:(

Jerry even stated himself that he tends to move to different things, even when it is not completed. I'm not just saying this to be saying it.

Furthermore, the MK9 Exclusive statues have sold out, and in fast time too. In fact, the regular Klassics are still available on SS website just like the MK9 regular statues, so I don't want to hear any BS about Klassics selling better because there is clearly nothing that really warrants that comment. Kitana sold out faster than the Klassic Scorpion Ex. by about a couple hours.

Sub-Zero ex is still available for purchase on PCS website.

If there is major reason the line is being phased out, like say Netherrealm Studios and WB wanted him to phase the line out in preparation for the new MK10 (which is still 2 years or more off), then I could stomach that. But there was really no explanation why MK9 is phasing out, and just saying that MK10 is coming soon means nothing. Even if he was going to do MK10 for certain, the first picture or proto of whatever character wouldn't be until 2016 or later. That's why I am so baffled :confused: and upset. It just came out of left field, like the Tygra situation.

I've said enough on this topic, and will never mention it again. If I and others in my position get a legitimate answer, OR find out how many MK9 characters he is going to do after Sub-Zero (whether it be some or none), I can make a final decision as to if I will continue supporting PCS. As it is now, I am very hesitant with MOTU.

s_paulik87
06-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I do understand your points Loric, but klassic sub zero ex is sold out, it took 45 mins to sell out and that was because of website problems. Most likely would have been within 10 mins if it was working properly.

I am pretty baffled as to why MK9 was cancelled though. I was planning to buy all the bosses in their mk9 style while having the full klassic line.

Looks like we will only be getting Shao Kahn mk9 style and maybe Goro (has not been clarified yet on what he is going to be) This kind of ruins any set up I had planned, but since they don't change much from game to game I hope they are eventually made.

MK9 didn't seem like it had a problem selling, maybe the first couple ES's were too big I'm not sure. It is what it is though unfortunately..

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z421/s_paulik87/20130605_200936_zpsc0eeefe0.jpg

Comicbookguy
06-05-2013, 11:21 PM

Jerry even stated himself that he tends to move to different things, even when it is not completed. I'm not just saying this to be saying it.

Furthermore, the MK9 Exclusive statues have sold out, and in fast time too. In fact, the regular Klassics are still available on SS website just like the MK9 regular statues, so I don't want to hear any BS about Klassics selling better because there is clearly nothing that really warrants that comment. Kitana sold out faster than the Klassic Scorpion Ex. by about a couple hours.

If there is major reason the line is being phased out, like say Netherrealm Studios and WB wanted him to phase the line out in preparation for the new MK10 (which is still 2 years or more off), then I could stomach that. But there was really no explanation why MK9 is phasing out, and just saying that MK10 is coming soon means nothing. Even if he was going to do MK10 for certain, the first picture or proto of whatever character wouldn't be until 2016 or later. That's why I am so baffled :confused: and upset. It just came out of left field, like the Tygra situation.

I've said enough on this topic, and will never mention it again. If I and others in my position get a legitimate answer, OR find out how many MK9 characters he is going to do after Sub-Zero (whether it be some or none), I can make a final decision as to if I will continue supporting PCS. As it is now, I am very hesitant with MOTU.

Sub zero ex is still for sale? I need that one if so. :jawd:

NorthernLadMSP
06-05-2013, 11:22 PM
I have already lost interest in the Klassic line. I will probably be selling my EX Scorpion I have on order.

Comicbookguy
06-05-2013, 11:51 PM
everything except how to spell Panthro's name ;)

Ok you win on that one. :laugh:

Whirl Wind Boy
06-06-2013, 04:14 PM

Find me Jerrys statement saying he flip flops.

Klassic line, scorpion ex took a few hours to sell out. Sub Zero ex sold out in 45 minutes due to computer issues. Reptile sold out in less than one minute.

Shao Khan, Scorpion, and Kitana all took several hours or days to sell out. Proof in the pudding.

Boom! I'm done.

Submissive421
06-06-2013, 04:42 PM
I would also like the reason as to why he cancelled the MK9 LINE. I thought it was doing good. e didn't get to some of the characters I was really excited for. Even if he makes the characters from MK10. I wanted the set to be complete and have the same outfits. Every new game the characters get new outfits and get redesigned

The only line I see him completing at this point is Street Fighter. But considering how late collectors stand little chance to get the old ones in the line because of the cost. Him revisiting the characters only seems like a good way to get new collectors interest

loricstone
06-06-2013, 07:01 PM
Find me Jerrys statement saying he flip flops.

Klassic line, scorpion ex took a few hours to sell out. Sub Zero ex sold out in 45 minutes due to computer issues. Reptile sold out in less than one minute.

Shao Khan, Scorpion, and Kitana all took several hours or days to sell out. Proof in the pudding.

Boom! I'm done.

Oh my god dude, that's like going way back in the PCS archives, one which I'm not going to do. :laugh:

Flip flop in my context was like changing his mind on doing a character or license like the wind changes direction blowing.

Regardless of if the ex. sold out in a few minutes, few seconds, few hours, few days, the point is...all of the EX stuff sold out for both MK9 and Klassics. Not the same for the regular stuff, at least most of it.

Sigep756
06-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I am thinking that he EX line is being pushed due to minimal work being done. Four ninjas ina row with what I see as minimal sculpting dfferences. Wonder if that Klassic line will suddenly end once Ermac and Noob get released.

redhulk27
06-06-2013, 07:50 PM
I am thinking that he EX line is being pushed due to minimal work being done. Four ninjas ina row with what I see as minimal sculpting dfferences. Wonder if that Klassic line will suddenly end once Ermac and Noob get released.

I hope not. Still hoping Classics Kung Lao, and Raiden, and Mileena get released at some point.

thecollector80
06-06-2013, 10:01 PM

John M.

It's still estimated to be shipped out June 2013. Same estimate as when I placed my order in March.

What happens with the $36 deposit I paid? Does that get applied to the total order? I checked my account and it looks like it's $365+ CA Tax+ Shipping for the EX.

First time I ever ordered straight from SSC. I usually go through BBTS to take advantage of the pile of loot and tax free.

Comicbookguy
06-06-2013, 11:19 PM

Well that's what I been thinking :thumbs2: they are already sculpted all they need is minor tweaks and bam! A new statue x5.

kangaxx
06-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Well that's what I been thinking :thumbs2: they are already sculpted all they need is minor tweaks and bam! A new statue x5.

They are living up to the MK legacy of palette swapping. How is that wrong?

Cougrcrumby
06-06-2013, 11:47 PM
Beautiful...too bad I can't collect every SS line or I'd jump on this one.

TheDevil
06-20-2013, 09:41 PM
Roflol, almost got trapped with this one again, despite what people think, I think this Kitana is a pretty nice statue (as long as it doesn't differ much from the proto), but with the incident of Kabuki, I've decided that Kabuki will be my First and my Last PCS statue, paid it for 400 dollars (with tax and customs, etc), can't even sell it for 200 dollars, and I'm pretty sure the price won't pickup, unless the Kabuki character is sold to Marvel or DC. (which isn't happening either)

Whirl Wind Boy
06-20-2013, 09:47 PM
Who's kabuki?

AstroWho
06-20-2013, 10:02 PM
Roflol, almost got trapped with this one again, despite what people think, I think this Kitana is a pretty nice statue (as long as it doesn't differ much from the proto), but with the incident of Kabuki, I've decided that Kabuki will be my First and my Last PCS statue, paid it for 400 dollars (with tax and customs, etc), can't even sell it for 200 dollars, and I'm pretty sure the price won't pickup, unless the Kabuki character is sold to Marvel or DC. (which isn't happening either)

It's ridiculous to give up collecting a company as a whole just cause One item you bought depreciated.
EVERY company has statues that went down in value. If you bought the Kabuki cause you liked the way the statue looked, then nothings changed. If you bought it strictly as an investment piece, then you gambled on the wrong one.
The funny thing is PCS is probably usually the surest one to gamble on when it comes to statue value. I would say maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10 their piece will increase by a lot.

redhulk27
06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Who's kabuki?

It's this piece. Don't know who she is exactly or which comic she comes from. Hope this helps

NorthernLadMSP
06-20-2013, 10:09 PM
Who's kabuki?

She's an assassin, actually an awesome character. Her comics are gorgeous with phenomenal art and great stories.

Too bad the PCS statue was a big mess.

derekrodneysim
06-20-2013, 11:41 PM
Too bad the PCS statue was a big mess.

Actually for quite awhile, that's what I thought what PCS statues generally were. I stayed away for the longest time but am giving Jerry and gang the benefit of the doubt and jumping head first for the MK Klassics line.
Looks to me the guy is genuinely and constantly upping his game and keepin it real. I just hope the factory doesn't let him (and us) down.

NorthernLadMSP
06-20-2013, 11:42 PM
Actually for quite awhile, that's what I thought what PCS statues generally were. I stayed away for the longest time but am giving Jerry and gang the benefit of the doubt and jumping head first for the MK Klassics line.
Looks to me the guy is genuinely and constantly upping his game and keepin it real. I just hope the factory doesn't let him (and us) down.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of the statues that have come out lately (besides Chun Li) have been vastly improved over when Kabuki came out.

TheDevil
06-21-2013, 03:40 AM
It's ridiculous to give up collecting a company as a whole just cause One item you bought depreciated.
EVERY company has statues that went down in value. If you bought the Kabuki cause you liked the way the statue looked, then nothings changed. If you bought it strictly as an investment piece, then you gambled on the wrong one.
The funny thing is PCS is probably usually the surest one to gamble on when it comes to statue value. I would say maybe 7 or 8 times out of 10 their piece will increase by a lot.

I think I wasn't clear, I liked the statue, but now I need the space and need the money, especially with the latest sideshow leaked SDCC listing. Trying to sell it, already losing 200 dollars, and still no one wants it.

Also, if you follow the incident on Kabuki, first delayed because of bad factory, and then exclusives switch out not being packed together inside, and lastly there are tons of breakage and flaw with the statues. (Thank God I got mine quite smooth, I liked the character but not worth that much trouble)

Another thing to be mentioned is This statue seem to be extremely specific for location, maybe people in USA or Europe are interested with it, I still see some being sold in ebay, but I live in Asia, barely anyone know the character, thus leading to no one even making an offer for it, and I can't sell it when I need this money.

Anyway, I guess I'm just really pissed off I can't get rid of that statue. Sorry for making this thread off topic, let's just get back on Kitana. :)

Comicbookguy
06-21-2013, 03:48 AM
I think I wasn't clear, I liked the statue, but now I need the space and need the money, especially with the latest sideshow leaked SDCC listing. Trying to sell it, already losing 200 dollars, and still no one wants it.

Also, if you follow the incident on Kabuki, first delayed because of bad factory, and then exclusives switch out not being packed together inside, and lastly there are tons of breakage and flaw with the statues. (Thank God I got mine quite smooth, I liked the character but not worth that much trouble)

Another thing to be mentioned is This statue seem to be extremely specific for location, maybe people in USA or Europe are interested with it, I still see some being sold in ebay, but I live in Asia, barely anyone know the character, thus leading to no one even making an offer for it, and I can't sell it when I need this money.

Anyway, I guess I'm just really pissed off I can't get rid of that statue. Sorry for making this thread off topic, let's just get back on Kitana. :)

I always thought Kabuki was the 90s shi character. I would buy that one! :D I kind of surprise no one wants it for 200.00. Again I'm sorry for going off topic as well. But I had to pitch in.

Erihppas
06-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Looks to me the guy is genuinely and constantly upping his game and keepin it real.

For sho.

Y3E
07-10-2013, 10:33 AM
Cancelled EX. Congrats to whoever on the waitlist who gets her.

Atheris
07-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Cancelled EX. Congrats to whoever on the waitlist who gets her.

Because of wait time?

Just curious

Chris

loricstone
07-10-2013, 02:57 PM
I know you didn't ask me Chris, but for me, I am cancelling because the MK9 line is not continuing, but furthermore, I am getting into BIG 1:2 statues instead of 1:4. Thanks to you bro you got me in the mindframe of 1:4 is too small. :laugh:

I'm not putting that on you bro, just having a little laugh. I appreciate the big stuff now even though its a whole different pricing ballgame.

Atheris
07-10-2013, 03:07 PM
I know you didn't ask me Chris, but for me, I am cancelling because the MK9 line is not continuing, but furthermore, I am getting into BIG 1:2 statues instead of 1:4. Thanks to you bro you got me in the mindframe of 1:4 is too small. :laugh:

I'm not putting that on you bro, just having a little laugh. I appreciate the big stuff now even though its a whole different pricing ballgame.

:thumbs2:

Glad to be of service.

Chris

Y3E
07-10-2013, 04:45 PM
Because of wait time?

Just curious

Chris

Partly. It was to be my first MK piece and so far other MK pieces have not interested me.

Sigep756
07-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Just cancelled.

loricstone
07-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I cancelled my Kitana today as well. Rep was nice enough to let me transfer my $35 to Superman PF I have on pre-order. I also sold my Scorpion MK9 today on ebay. Only got $200 for the regular....DAMN SHAME!! But it's got to go.:thumbsdow

SideShowJoe
07-19-2013, 09:12 AM
Even though kitana is one of my favorite characters of MK I think I'm selling my scorpion as well and canceling my kitanna! As of right now is rather focus on my street fighter collection! If I continue buying MK I won't be able to buy the upcoming sf figures and I would much rather have dhalism, balrog ect than kitanna or scorpion!

Sarah Joe

Sigep756
07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
I have an EX Scorpion to sell and a Rg Shao Khan fully paid and on the way. I wonder what I can get for trade or from selling.

thecollector80
07-25-2013, 06:54 PM
WOW! Just checked on ebay today the EX PCS Kitana statue presales are over $700 now? and it's not like guys are not biting the bait. These are from sold items on ebay.

Gyro Zeppeli
07-25-2013, 08:48 PM
WOW! Just checked on ebay today the EX PCS Kitana statue presales are over $700 now? and it's not like guys are not biting the bait. These are from sold items on ebay.

Some people just don't know how to manage their money I guess

s_paulik87
07-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Oh man, I guarantee this piece will be going for retail by next year with the cancellation of the line. Ppl are just too eager it seems. Even the ex mk9 Scorp is going for retail or below.

Atheris
07-25-2013, 09:54 PM
The YEAR wait time I'm sure isn't helping things. Momentum is dying off as the months roll by, people are losing interest. I'd be lying if I said I haven't started to lose a little interest.

The fact is no one has seen any product in a year. Their are very few updates and its starting to turn into the classic case of "out of sight, out of mind". I know Jerry has a lot in his plate and I'm trying to be very patient. But my patience has limit, and it's about a year.

Honestly, I don't think I could handle another delay come November/December. At that point if it happens again I'm throwing in the towel and asking for refunds.

Chris

Gyro Zeppeli
07-25-2013, 10:22 PM
Oh man, I guarantee this piece will be going for retail by next year with the cancellation of the line. Ppl are just too eager it seems. Even the ex mk9 Scorp is going for retail or below.

I agree. That's why I think it's funny people are jumping on Ebay to pay absurd prices even before in hand pics. I'm thinking this and most of the ninja will be easy to acquire around retail or less. Same with Shao Kahn. The line cancellation is a huge blow for the collectors. Not much reason to have these pieces anymore.

Shanesg
07-25-2013, 10:27 PM
I was on the wait list for this for a long time. So long that I came to my senses and cancelled.

s_paulik87
07-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Even though I have all the ninja and sk on order I agree with you unfortunately. I don't see the MK line being worth as much in the after market as the SF line =/- still can't wait for my mk pieces though =p

tuyethuy
07-25-2013, 11:36 PM
It all depends how the MK line turn out. With no QA issues and great sculpts regardless of the character, they are high demand and price will escalate. Besides the es is not high.

Sagat price doubles because it is not the SF line or its popularity, it is because I must say the sculpt is very good much better comparing to the last few SF characters.

Bottom line is Jerry needs to keep the MK line turns out great as Akuma, Sagat and Zangief in order to keep the MK line hot and alive...

premium_substit
07-25-2013, 11:50 PM

He's a good businessman. He used the money shot :thumbs2:

Mitch07137
07-26-2013, 07:36 AM
It all depends how the MK line turn out. With no QA issues and great sculpts regardless of the character, they are high demand and price will escalate. Besides the es is not high.

Sagat price doubles because it is not the SF line or its popularity, it is because I must say the sculpt is very good much better comparing to the last few SF characters.

Bottom line is Jerry needs to keep the MK line turns out great as Akuma, Sagat and Zangief in order to keep the MK line hot and alive...

I think the upcoming shao kahn statue has the potential to be the next "sagat/akuma" in the mk line

dr.banner
09-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Has anyone come up with a creative way to display her with the weak magnets especially the left hand?

Submissive421
09-23-2014, 11:25 PM
I haven't had any problems with her at all. I worry about the arm that is holding the bloody blades but I have her in a besta so I just moved her as close to the back as possible so it leans up against the back. The hand holding the fan with her arm down hasn't caused any problems so far. I moved it around a little bit and it hasn't fallen out. If I must move her at all I take off her hands 1st.

jye318
09-24-2014, 12:15 AM
My is loose but it holds it very well and never drop it.

dr.banner
09-25-2014, 12:43 AM
I haven't had any problems with her at all. I worry about the arm that is holding the bloody blades but I have her in a besta so I just moved her as close to the back as possible so it leans up against the back. The hand holding the fan with her arm down hasn't caused any problems so far. I moved it around a little bit and it hasn't fallen out. If I must move her at all I take off her hands 1st.

My is loose but it holds it very well and never drop it.

Thanks I'm just scared it's going to drop