PDA

View Full Version : Spider-Woman/Jessica Drew will get her own Marvel Selects Figure! YAY!

MerriemsDaughter
08-09-2005, 03:42 PM
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/default.asp

Hopefully, if the figure is based on Finch's New Avengers rendition, they will model it after those panels in the book in which her breasts are normal sized.
(David Finch seems to draw her chest as average-sized in some panels and as implants, bigger than her face, in others)

(or maybe there will be a Giant Size Spider-Woman Variant, after Finch's bigger endowed version and DiVito's cover for the GSSW... :)

Bullseye
08-09-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm sure they will make a FS. I think they have lurkers in the Bowen section.;)

lord odin
08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Congrats looks like this is the year of the spider.

marvelboi77
08-09-2005, 07:39 PM
woohooo, more good Spider-Woman news.

MerriemsDaughter
08-09-2005, 08:41 PM
Have you guys seen the Marvel Selects?
They usually come with a base and various props, like this Black Cat figure:
http://www.fwooshnet.com/archives/ms/ms/blackcat001.jpg

I wonder what kind of props the Spider-Woman will include?
What do you guys think?
What would be apropiate for Jessica based on her history and/or past-present-future whatever??

lord odin
08-09-2005, 09:23 PM
Have you guys seen the Marvel Selects?
They usually come with a base and various props, like this Black Cat figure:
http://www.fwooshnet.com/archives/ms/ms/blackcat001.jpg

I wonder what kind of props the Spider-Woman will include?
What do you guys think?
What would be apropiate for Jessica based on her history and/or past-present-future whatever??
That looks very good as to your question you or marvelboi would know better than us.

lord odin
08-09-2005, 10:00 PM
A double headed dildo...heheehee.
But does it vibrate? :)

MerriemsDaughter
08-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Seriously...
:mad:

:) Come on, Jessica isn't Jenna Jameson...

Maybe the backdrop should be her detective office,with a window that has a view of San Francisco or something.

furie
08-09-2005, 11:13 PM
I would like to see Jessica playing w/ herself while in a pheromone induced frenzy. :buttrock:

JDH
08-10-2005, 05:28 AM
http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/news/default.asp

Hopefully, if the figure is based on Finch's New Avengers rendition, they will model it after those panels in the book in which her breasts are normal sized.
(David Finch seems to draw her chest as average-sized in some panels and as implants, bigger than her face, in others)

Maybe Finch thinks her breasts inflate when she's releasing those pheromones...

lord odin
08-10-2005, 05:51 AM
:laugh: I would like to see Jessica playing w/ herself while in a pheromone induced frenzy. :buttrock:
And there you have it.

melike
08-10-2005, 06:19 AM
Talking of breats - werent Black cats made from a soft squishy material - maybe with all this talk of Spiderwomans - they'll do the same thing.

Although it does seem kinda odd that people are squishing these things anyway :)

And furie - Id buy that.

Oh lordy..

JDH
08-10-2005, 06:21 AM
Talking of breats - werent Black cats made from a soft squishy material - maybe with all this talk of Spiderwomans - they'll do the same thing.

Although it does seem kinda odd that people are squishing these things anyway :)

And furie - Id buy that.

Oh lordy..

Black Cat had squishy breasts? Seriously?

As for Furie's suggestion, maybe you could get to it down the line, when you're drawing Year Twenty-One...

melike
08-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Yeah! Her breasts were made from a different material - so if you touched them theyd be soft and squishy. going for authenticity a litle too far perhaps
I never actually got a hold of it though (ooer), they seem to be sold out these days.

And yes - Year One - special adults edition. Yipes.

JDH
08-10-2005, 07:04 AM
Yeah! Her breasts were made from a different material - so if you touched them theyd be soft and squishy. going for authenticity a litle too far perhaps
I never actually got a hold of it though (ooer), they seem to be sold out these days.

And yes - Year One - special adults edition. Yipes.

Sold out. I bet they are. Some of those action figure collectors...;)

Maybe you could sell Joey Q on a new strip. Instead of Year One, call it 'Barely Legal', and shoot for a slot on the MAX titles... :)

melike
08-10-2005, 07:59 AM
Oh man. You always crack me up. Well, Marvel are wanting to do a more mature line of comics right?

Dr.V2005
08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
That's great news! I would guess her accessories would some how be SHIELD related, but who knows.

Dr.V2005
08-10-2005, 10:04 AM
Just read the DST announcement...Spider-Woman is from London?!

I can't wait to have SW, Black Cat, and She Hulk all lined up together. That'd be a wicked display.

MerriemsDaughter
08-10-2005, 11:13 AM
That's great news! I would guess her accessories would some how be SHIELD related, but who knows.

That makes sense...I hope there is something that reminds us of Morgan le Fey or SW's connection to Wundagore...

And yes, Jessica was born in London, daughter to Merriem (British) and Jonathan (American)

MoochRex
08-10-2005, 03:54 PM
I've designed almost every figure in the Marvel Select line, and just finished the concepts on Spider-Woman last week. I was really happy to see she was going to make it as a Select figure. I'm sure you guys will be happy with what she comes with:)

And I think it's safe to say her boobs will indeed, be squishy:)

DFury
08-10-2005, 05:40 PM
MoochRex..

Cool news and Welcome to the boards.. Glad your aboard!!!

df

marvelboi77
08-10-2005, 06:18 PM
Just read the DST announcement...Spider-Woman is from London?!

I can't wait to have SW, Black Cat, and She Hulk all lined up together. That'd be a wicked display.
From London and born in 1920....

MoochRex
08-10-2005, 06:45 PM
Thanks much DFury! I've been lurking for about 2 weeks now and am addicted to this site and all it's goodness.

I've been working as a designer at Toy-Biz for about 4 and a half years now, and it's a blast! Spider-woman is definitely going to be a super sexy figure when she hits.

MerriemsDaughter
08-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Welcome aboard, MoochRex!
A lot of us are really looking forward to the SW figure!!!
Anyone has any idea about possible dates of release?
Thanks a lot!!

Dr.V2005
08-10-2005, 09:56 PM
From London and born in 1920....

Thanks for the info MB!

Dr.V2005
08-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks much DFury! I've been lurking for about 2 weeks now and am addicted to this site and all it's goodness.

I've been working as a designer at Toy-Biz for about 4 and a half years now, and it's a blast! Spider-woman is definitely going to be a super sexy figure when she hits.

Welcome MoochRex! Feel free to drop us any inside details or pics. ;) Seriously though we're totally psyched that she's getting the Mavel Select treatment. Anyword if she'll appear in Marvel Legends?

MerriemsDaughter
08-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Welcome MoochRex! Feel free to drop us any inside details or pics. ;) Seriously though we're totally psyched that she's getting the Mavel Select treatment. Anyword if she'll appear in Marvel Legends?
***Crossing fingers and wishing that the answer from Moochrex will be YES or at least "maybe"...***

melike
08-11-2005, 08:13 AM

Awesome! I love the internet! And squishy breasts again! Its all good :)
Welcome Moochrex - I'm a recent addict f this board myself - despite not being able to afford half the stuff. - Serious? You've had a hand in designing the Select figures? Thats incredible. Good work then! I love them!

MoochRex
08-11-2005, 02:48 PM
The only select figures I didn't have a hand in were Elektra and 1940's Captain America and possibly one other that my mind can't grasp currently.

I'm proud to say that 95% of the time my concepts are chosen directly for bases and poses for select figures. In fact, the White Queen select figure, her year inducted into the Hellfire Club happens to be the year of my birth. We get to do fun things like that all the time here:)

I'm sure you won't be seeing anything for Spider-woman for at least a couple of months. And if I could, I would have loved to have posted my concepts for her. I can only say that when I design for a character, I try to learn as much about their history as I can, and that helps guide what direction I take an accessory. You obviously want it to tie into the character as much as possible, if the cost of producing the figure allows it.

As for Jessica Drew making it as a ML, anything is possible :)

MerriemsDaughter
08-11-2005, 02:52 PM
The only select figures I didn't have a hand in were Elektra and 1940's Captain America and possibly one other that my mind can't grasp currently.

I'm proud to say that 95% of the time my concepts are chosen directly for bases and poses for select figures. In fact, the White Queen select figure, her year inducted into the Hellfire Club happens to be the year of my birth. We get to do fun things like that all the time here:)

I'm sure you won't be seeing anything for Spider-woman for at least a couple of months. And if I could, I would have loved to have posted my concepts for her. I can only say that when I design for a character, I try to learn as much about their history as I can, and that helps guide what direction I take an accessory. You obviously want it to tie into the character as much as possible, if the cost of producing the figure allows it.

it's so cool to hear about the fact that you thoroughly research the characters in order to come up with the right accessories!
Thanks for sharing that with us!!!
may your design for Jessica kick some serious ass!!! :)

Wolverine1
08-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Hey, now that we have MoochRex on the inside we can give him polls to send to the Marvel Select department. Someone should start one with Juggernaut and Rhino.

Dr.V2005
08-11-2005, 04:09 PM

Sounds good MoochRex! I can't wait to see how you tackle her glider wings!!! BTW, are you behind the Watcher that was shown at SDCC? If so it looks awsome!

melike
08-12-2005, 02:34 AM
Awesome. Again, this is one of the things i love most about the internet - being able to talk with the creative guys behind all your favourite stuff!

MoochRex
08-12-2005, 09:00 AM
Dr. V, I was the designer behind Uatu:) It was an odd project because he's such a large figure I couldn't give him much of a base, which is why he comes with a small piece of moon.

He came out great though, sculpted by Phil Ramirez who is amazing!

Wolverine1
08-12-2005, 08:47 PM
How long will it take it to be released?