PDA

View Full Version : Question about statue releases

Bartholomew
08-11-2005, 03:03 PM
With all the new statues coming out, I was wondering how the order of people getting them works. What I mean is that it seems like comic stores get them for a while before actual orders through the actual company are filled.
For those of you who have been around longer...I'd just like to know how early do you see them normally from the official release date. And is the official release date based on when direct orders will be recieved or when they ship out to retailers/comic book stores, etc? What is the time difference. thanks.

yorick
08-11-2005, 03:11 PM
It tends to go back and forth--but I would say that most often, the direct orders receive their items before the stores. As far as release dates go--I've never seen anything that you would call "official"--mostly you just keep an eye on the BD site for updates, and then watch your credit card for when you are charged--and there's your release date.

Bartholomew
08-11-2005, 03:13 PM
thanks yorick.

Collection King 13
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Comic Shops that Order with Diamond usually get them 1st because Diamonds orders go straight to Diamond from the Docks and not BD... BD gets the other part of the shipment and then starts to charge and ship out after... That is why Comic Shops usually have their product before direct orders do.

the fog
08-11-2005, 08:14 PM
Sometimes you get them earlier than others, sometimes you don't. I have received busts and statues different times than other people, i've seen pics on here of busts I don't get for a week or more, then I get one then I see chatter about it later. just like the Electro exclusive I had it before I even read about it shipping, but everybody was chatting about the Juggernaut FS, with pics and the whole lot, didn't get mine for 2 weeks after, when you have it in your possession, that's when you have it, don't get crazy because the talk is rambling and you don't have it yet, some just get shipped seemingly different than others. look at the dude from australia, he sees them before we do, the boat must stop there first, I live near the east coast, so we usually get ours a little later than some. A lcs I know always gets his after me, whether it's bust or FS.

Endless Wake
08-11-2005, 08:23 PM
Those of us in New York get them dead last, to be exact, I think its Brooklyn.

CaptCracker
08-11-2005, 09:18 PM
All I know is that Abe gets them first......How? no idea

I thought Florida gets them last

Jesse321
08-11-2005, 09:21 PM
Boy does Florida ever get them last!! :laugh:

Tattoo-X
08-12-2005, 08:07 PM
Comic Shops that Order with Diamond usually get them 1st because Diamonds orders go straight to Diamond from the Docks and not BD... BD gets the other part of the shipment and then starts to charge and ship out after... That is why Comic Shops usually have their product before direct orders do.
I think this is partially correct.
I thought Randy said some items ship direct to him first.
Either way, Diamond picks up from the docks in LA. Then ships out.
So usually west cost comic shops will get them first.