PDA

View Full Version : Andrea Divito Spider-Woman commision

marvelboi77
08-12-2005, 01:47 PM
Well this is what I got from Andrea to make up for my trashed Giant Size Spider-Woman #1 Cover. The only problem I see is he did not make the triangle right above her boobs he left it open., Other than that it's a full rendered piece not a sketch but cover quality.

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 01:51 PM
Kickass!
(my nitpick...and u know I was going to...just like in the cover for GSSW, he made her head too small, especially compared to her chest)
But it's still great...anything Spider-Woman is fine with me!!!!

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I think it is great! :buttrock:

Her head (and chest for that matter) seems fine to me.

You got this and the cover for one price, right? Have you tried any further to de-crinckle the artwork?

Worse comes to worse, scan the cover, image process the thing in color and print yourself a poster!

Jessica has always been my favorite spider-person (including PP)!

Good to see things worked out.

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Now that is beautiful. Love it.

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 02:55 PM

Jessica has always been my favorite spider-person (including PP)!

You sir, have excellent taste!
:)

(seriously, I don't know exactly why, I was never a fan of Petey's...never hated the character, but it really didn't do anything for me.
Jessica on the other hand, fascinated me from day one)

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Hey i like Spider-woman, probably my favourite female character from Marvel (Wonder-woman being my fav overall), but she's not in the same league as Spider-man IMO. Its my opinion rightly or wrongly that most of these other Marvel characters wouldn't have existed if Pete wasn't so popular.

marvelboi77
08-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey i like Spider-woman, probably my favourite female character from Marvel (Wonder-woman being my fav overall), but she's not in the same league as Spider-man IMO. Its my opinion rightly or wrongly that most of these other Marvel characters wouldn't have existed if Pete wasn't so popular.
Agree I like Spider-Woman better but Spiderman does have more history, better stories and has been fleshed out more. But Spider-Woman is still my favorite.

marvelboi77
08-12-2005, 03:25 PM

Her head (and chest for that matter) seems fine to me.

You got this and the cover for one price, right? Have you tried any further to de-crinckle the artwork?

Good to see things worked out.

The art is completely flat now, and it has 2 major wrinkles only one of which is in the artwork itself. Overall it still looks good and still is the original and I got a fully shaded rendered commision of cover quality for free. So I am happy.

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Agree I like Spider-Woman better but Spiderman does have more history, better stories and has been fleshed out more. But Spider-Woman is still my favorite.

She's my favourite Marvel Female. Its great seeing her back at the top.

nexus
08-12-2005, 04:17 PM
That would be a cool pose for the FS. Different y'know.

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 05:26 PM

Just in case, I never said she was in the same league as him.
She is definitely not, in terms of popularity and recognizability...but as far as I am concerned, the "overal better stories" part is very subjective.
I have read many Spidey stories, mostly the big, famous ones, not because I cared about him, but to see what the deal was...and not a single Spidey story captured my imagination like her books did.

Which obviously had to do with the fact that she was the character that appealed to me the most. So anything she did was (and still is) infinitely more interesting to me than any of Spidey's well loved adventures.
Even the crappiest SW stories still thrilled me more than the best, most revered Spidey ones.
But like we all know, all opinions....

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
Don't get me wrong I love Spider-woman. But I can't believe no Spider-man title has never peaked your imagination. A young man given powers at a young age, having to deal with all this responsibility, trying to hold down a relationship with MJ... it doesn't get any more heroic than this. Most superheros have the maturity to deal with their powers, this is above all which sets Spidey apart.

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Don't get me wrong I love Spider-woman. But I can't believe no Spider-man title has never peaked your imagination. A young man given powers at a young age, having to deal with all this responsibility, trying to hold down a relationship with MJ... it doesn't get any more heroic than this. Most superheros have the maturity to deal with their powers, this is above all which sets Spidey apart.

I understand that.
It is heroic and cool and all that, I guess.

But remember we are all different people and we all perceive things differently...just because huge amounts of people adore and love Spidey, doesn't mean that every single person will be touched by him.

I have a very good female friend who can not believe that the film Wizard Of Oz didn't do anything for me.
She is still amazed that there is someone in this world who doesn't at least appreciate that classic.
She even tells me that as an artist I should respond to the amazing visuals and the imagination involved and all that.
But what can I tell you...the film may be a classic and a Legendary Cultural touchstone, and it still leaves me cold.

As for Spider-Woman, I always connected with her sense of detachment, of not belonging...her journey of discovery, her quest to find her humanity (and in the beginning not being sure if she was even human) was fascinating to me.
And the dark tone that her villains had always thrilled me.
And the fact that she was a kickass woman who in spite of all her insecurities, still wanted to do the right thing and help others?
That was awesome...she was despondent and uncertain about her humanity, and yet she felt that she had to help others, who usually shunned her.

I loved it. She is my girl. She is my superhero.

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 05:51 PM
She is my girl. She is my superhero.
Thats cool. :buttrock: Now lets hope Randy sculpts a FS worthy of SW#1. :)

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 05:54 PM
Thats cool. :buttrock: Now lets hope Randy sculpts a FS worthy of SW#1. :)

AMEN to that!!!!
(Can't wait!!!)
:banghead: :)

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 05:58 PM
I liked the bust but i think the webbing (for a better word) could have been done better. I think a wall plaque like the one Randy did of Spidey is the way to go.

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 06:02 PM
I liked the bust but i think the webbing (for a better word) could have been done better. I think a wall plaque like the one Randy did of Spidey is the way to go.

What do u mean?
The texture of the webbing?

What was the plaque you talk about?

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah the webbing. Too much like glass.

Spider-man wall sculpture (By Creative License sculpted by Randy)
http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=st&uid=default&number=0058&view_records=1

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah the webbing. Too much like glass.

Spider-man wall sculpture (By Creative License sculpted by Randy)
http://www.raumhafen.de/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=st&uid=default&number=0058&view_records=1

HEY!
That should be how they do the cover to issue # 1 of SW!!!!!

Bullseye
08-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Thats how i'd like to see it done. But i don't know if Randy will do it this way or not. I can't see how else it can be done.

Scottsdale Saint
08-12-2005, 08:31 PM
The art is completely flat now, and it has 2 major wrinkles only one of which is in the artwork itself. Overall it still looks good and still is the original and I got a fully shaded rendered commision of cover quality for free. So I am happy.Congrats, MB, i'm glad this had a fairly good resolution to a horrible situation. i think divito handled this as well as it could have been, considering the circumstances.

how about a scan of the completely flattened original piece. i showed all of my art collector friends the original pics and they just cringed. i'd love to see how the orig. piece looks now...

Aarrgghh!!
08-12-2005, 09:13 PM
M Boi and M Daughter don't know if you saw this piece, it's JG Jones. Your Divito piece kicks it's @ss though. Very nice!

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 09:18 PM
M Boi and M Daughter don't know if you saw this piece, it's JG Jones. Your Divito piece kicks it's @ss though. Very nice!\
WOW!!!
Is that a convention sketch you got?
Awesome!!!!
Thanks for sharing!!!

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Flying monkeys?

What up with that.

Also, can any of the SW experts on the forum tell me in which issue SM and SW go at it, where at some point SM crushes a chimney stack and SW says something along the way of "Wow he is much stronger than I am."

Read this a zillion years ago and have no idea where?

marvelboi77
08-12-2005, 09:31 PM
Flying monkeys?

What up with that.

Also, can any of the SW experts on the forum tell me in which issue SM and SW go at it, where at some point SM crushes a chimney stack and SW says something along the way of "Wow he is much stronger than I am."

Read this a zillion years ago and have no idea where?
Spider-Woman #20 here is a link to 6 pages of original art from it.
http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=4421

MerriemsDaughter
08-12-2005, 09:37 PM
LOL!
Back then, comics just had to make sure that audiences knew that the "female versions" of their male stars were undeniably weaker than the dudes.

Tetragrammaton
08-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks!

Now I can track it down.

Not sure how easy this will be to read but the Marvel Universe (1st one) puts her strength at a very respectable 7 tons. So while Peter is stronger, I would still give her the edge in most circumstances.

Bullseye
08-13-2005, 04:05 AM
Here's a number of them on ebay. Nice cover.
http://search.ebay.com/spider-woman-20_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZspider-womanQ20Q2320

Tetragrammaton
08-13-2005, 12:12 PM
Thanks Bullseye.

marvelboi77
08-13-2005, 12:40 PM
M Boi and M Daughter don't know if you saw this piece, it's JG Jones. Your Divito piece kicks it's @ss though. Very nice!
That's actuall a really nice Spider-Woman sketch. How much does he charge for something like that.

marvelboi77
08-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Congrats, MB, i'm glad this had a fairly good resolution to a horrible situation. i think divito handled this as well as it could have been, considering the circumstances.

how about a scan of the completely flattened original piece. i showed all of my art collector friends the original pics and they just cringed. i'd love to see how the orig. piece looks now...
Here ya go....

Bullseye
08-13-2005, 01:13 PM
I kinda like the replacement one better MB. Both are very nice though.

frankmac
08-13-2005, 02:45 PM
How did you flatten it?

marvelboi77
08-13-2005, 05:21 PM
I put it between to boards of masonite and stacked 6 cases of diet Pepsi on top of it.

Aarrgghh!!
08-13-2005, 07:22 PM
That's actuall a really nice Spider-Woman sketch. How much does he charge for something like that.
It was $40 I think.

frankmac
08-13-2005, 07:42 PM
I put it between to boards of masonite and stacked 6 cases of diet Pepsi on top of it.

That'll do.

Dr.V2005
08-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Congrats MB that's a great 2 for 1 score! I'm curious how you get all these covers...even if I had the money I wouldn't even know where to start. I mean I know eBay is one place but you seem to get current and specific covers and eBay is hit and miss to me. Just wondering...

marvelboi77
08-14-2005, 04:59 PM
Congrats MB that's a great 2 for 1 score! I'm curious how you get all these covers...even if I had the money I wouldn't even know where to start. I mean I know eBay is one place but you seem to get current and specific covers and eBay is hit and miss to me. Just wondering...
I'm very good with tracking things down.

Perna
08-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Sweet piece MB.

Statuesque Fellow
08-31-2005, 05:10 PM

But he doesn't have tits!

Bullseye
08-31-2005, 05:16 PM
But he doesn't have tits!
No he doesn't :rolleyes2

beav
09-04-2005, 11:01 PM

I belive he's at $50 for something like that now.