PDA

View Full Version : Pointers on making a trade

dr.banner
09-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Hey guys I have a trade set with a guy on a Facebook buy/sell for my ss Punisher Comiquette. I have only bought pieces in the past never worked out a trade. Any advice on how to make this an easy and safe transaction would be greatly appreciated. After all, I don't know the guy so he could send me a rock in a box and I wouldn't know until my piece is long gone.

Thanks

BarrelCannon
09-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Ask him to make an ebay listing and buy it from that. Sure there are ebay fees but you are safer at least. Maybe someone else has a similar option without the fees

risingstar
09-29-2013, 05:00 PM
Ask him to make an ebay listing and buy it from that. Sure there are ebay fees but you are safer at least. Maybe someone else has a similar option without the fees

They would both have to post their stuff on eBay at that point.

dechirico7
09-29-2013, 05:05 PM
I'd make them separate transactions, using Paypal. Don't pay as a gift though. Always pay the Paypal fees, then you get full coverage. Also make sure you get delivery confirmation, full insurance and signatures set on all your shipments. I have also been taking a ton of photos to prove what condition the piece is in before it is shipped. Including photos of me packing the item. That might be extreme, but there are some wacky people out there.

dr.banner
09-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks BarrelCannon
I'd make them separate transactions, using Paypal. Don't pay as a gift though. Always pay the Paypal fees, then you get full coverage. Also make sure you get delivery confirmation, full insurance and signatures on all your shipments. I have also been taking a ton of photos to prove what condition the piece is in before it is shipped. Including photos of me packing the item. That might be extreme, but there are some wacky people out there.

I think I will use your method of PayPal dechirico thanks for the advice

Spazzy
09-29-2013, 05:43 PM
I make sure I check some kind of feedback either on a message board or ebay, if trading I honestly wouldn't trust someone with low feedback

dr.banner
09-29-2013, 06:17 PM
I'm trading my Punisher Comiquette ex for Rhino ex you guys think it's a fair trade

built2shred
09-29-2013, 06:35 PM
Whenever I'm going to sell/trade something to someone local I always meet the person in front the local police station to do the transaction... Better safe then sorry with people you don't know. Especially if there is cash involved..

stellaspeed
09-29-2013, 09:32 PM
I am running into the same problem here. I have ALOUT of things I what to sell and because I say the truth about almost everything that scares most people off. Like I got a 89 hot toys batman I am asking 229.99 for it what I think is far but the eyes on him wouldn't move because it's broke inside. I say that any ever one things his eyes are all out of wake and so on.

A Cimmerian
09-29-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm trading my Punisher Comiquette ex for Rhino ex you guys think it's a fair trade

No. I would certainly not trade my punisher comiquette for that hollow Rhino.

SONICobra
09-29-2013, 11:39 PM
I am running into the same problem here. I have ALOUT of things I what to sell and because I say the truth about almost everything that scares most people off. Like I got a 89 hot toys batman I am asking 229.99 for it what I think is far but the eyes on him wouldn't move because it's broke inside. I say that any ever one things his eyes are all out of wake and so on.

its good of you to be honest but you have to be realistic about what to expect, someone can buy a brand new 89 batman for a little over 250 I think? or for $30 less they can get one where the PERS system doesn't work... always be honest but understand the worth of what youre selling / trading

risingstar
09-29-2013, 11:43 PM
If a piece is broken or missing parts, it generally falls into the "would not take it for free" category for me. However, for the sake of argument, should I be desperate for the piece (which is highly unlikely given the ease to find product in general), I wouldn't pay anything more than 30% of the piece. All I would see is the broken piece or think about the missing piece. I simply would not enjoy owning the piece.

stellaspeed
09-30-2013, 12:11 AM
its good of you to be honest but you have to be realistic about what to expect, someone can buy a brand new 89 batman for a little over 250 I think? or for $30 less they can get one where the PERS system doesn't work... always be honest but understand the worth of what youre selling / trading

Didn't know they sold for 250.00. But yeah that's true.