PDA

View Full Version : John Cleary - website update - New PCS additions

JohnCleary
10-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know I just updated my website with some more of my PCS work.

I included digital sculpt pics of

- Goro - Mortal Kombat
- Orko - Masters of the Universe
- Wilhelm and Vito - The Reward (These are bendies from cartoon series. The figures debuted at NY comic con.
- Beth,Chris,Danny,Wallow - Bravest Warriors ( I sculpted some collectibles for this line and these are bendies
- Dhalsim - Street Fighter - I need to mention that I did not sculpt Dhalsim, the very talented Alterton sculpted it and did a terrific job. I did contribute so I wanted to show pics of the project but Alterton gets credit for the wonderful sculpt. I tweaked anatomy, the faces and sculpted the base.

My Site address is www.johnclearyartworks.com

Thanks!

Mitch07137
10-10-2013, 07:01 PM
you are prolly my fav sculptor, great work

MrYac
10-10-2013, 07:15 PM
great work as usual John, i'm broker then hell but i'm going to try my hardest to get Goro, wish I could just order that Orko too as he's always been a favorite even if i'm not big on He-Man

Dragoncurry
10-11-2013, 02:57 PM
sigh ----. the last MK I played was MK4, not the biggest fan but DAT GORO DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

Joppula
10-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Hey John,

Which statue/sculpt do YOU like better, Alex or Sagat?

JohnCleary
10-11-2013, 11:48 PM
you are prolly my fav sculptor, great work

Wow, thanks so much! I really appreciate that and I'm glad you like my work. :)

JohnCleary
10-11-2013, 11:53 PM
Hey John,

Which statue/sculpt do YOU like better, Alex or Sagat?

Out of those two I'd say Alex. Sagat is definatly one of my top favorites but Alex has a cool dynamic look to him which I really dig. The pose, his costume, his cool hair and boots all make for a very cool statue in my opinion. I cant wait to see him in person! :buttrock:

Joppula
10-12-2013, 12:08 AM
Fantastic to get such a quick answer! Thanks as always John.

Please keep rolling out the phenomenal sculpts.

JohnCleary
10-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Fantastic to get such a quick answer! Thanks as always John.

Please keep rolling out the phenomenal sculpts.

Thanks for the kind words, I really appreciate it and you can count on it. :thumbs2:

DynamicMenace
10-12-2013, 04:56 AM
awesome work John

Vracula
10-12-2013, 04:59 AM
Love your work John, Always look forward to your stuff.I really hope you can do batman one day

JohnCleary
10-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Love your work John, Always look forward to your stuff.I really hope you can do batman one day

Thanks alot Vracula! I really appreciate that and I'd love to sculpt Batman someday! :buttrock:

The Mule
10-14-2013, 11:56 AM
Hi John, a few people in Goro's thread are concerned by the fact that his arms are too high and cover a good portion of his face, do you think you could address some answer about this and why this pose was chosen? Do you think there will be any chance for the upper arms to be lowered a bit?

JohnCleary
10-14-2013, 12:27 PM
Hi John, a few people in Goro's thread are concerned by the fact that his arms are too high and cover a good portion of his face, do you think you could address some answer about this and why this pose was chosen? Do you think there will be any chance for the upper arms to be lowered a bit?

Thanks for the question. It's best to ask Jerry regarding any specific questions you may have. I can say that the pose Goro is in is meant to be seen from a 3/4 angle.

I think in person Goro is going to look great! :buttrock:

JohnCleary
10-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I just updated my website with a cool female sculpt I did awhile back. Feel free to check it out.

I hope you like it!

John

www.johnclearyartworks.com

adee
10-24-2013, 01:55 PM
She looks great John, very sexy!

Your work is amazing, love that Batman!

Dragoncurry
10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Sick!

kevin2323
10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to let you know I just updated my website with a cool female sculpt I did awhile back. Feel free to check it out.

I hope you like it!

John

goro is the best statue you have sculpted to date. keep up the great work.

JohnCleary
10-24-2013, 04:47 PM
goro is the best statue you have sculpted to date. keep up the great work.

Thanks so much for the kind words! I really appreciate that.

I'm very happy with how the final statue turned out!

El Pulento
10-24-2013, 04:51 PM
You Sir are a true Artist... thanks for giving your talents to the world....

The Mule
10-24-2013, 04:59 PM
I'm not really into that kind of art but sculpt looks good, just not my thing I suppose :)

Love your style anyway for muscular bodies, the definition and anatomy is insane, I'm on the fence for Alex PF (a chance unlocked for me since there were a few cancellations) and I'm not even into Street Fighter, but I love pose and the overall aesthetic.
Since you mentioned Batman, I think that you would do a great job and maybe even a better job with Bane, eventually. You'd probably be able to capture his size and mass without making him overly muscular like he's depicted in many comics... something half way between the TDKR Bane and the Arkham Origins' videogame Bane :)

GenoToys
10-24-2013, 05:03 PM
John I can see improvement from Sagat to Goro...The serratus anterior connecting to the abdominals/oblique look more subtle and natural...I think you did an amazing job. Outstanding Sculpt!

PermaGrin
10-24-2013, 05:39 PM
Do you sculpt straight into the pose or modeled out in a default pose then rigged, etc...?

For statues, I assume straight into the pose, but just wondering.

ZenLogikos
10-25-2013, 01:25 AM
John I can see improvement from Sagat to Goro...The serratus anterior connecting to the abdominals/oblique look more subtle and natural...I think you did an amazing job. Outstanding Sculpt!

I agree. Amazing job. I'm not so sure it's necessarily an "improvement" though. Sagat is supposed to be an anatomical, muscular freak. 7'5" and only 172 lbs! No fat on him, so his serratus anterior/obliques should "pop". I think it's just a testament to Mr. Cleary's expertise translating each individual character to sculpture. :thumbs2:

My 2 cents. :D

GenoToys
10-25-2013, 02:24 AM
I agree. Amazing job. I'm not so sure it's necessarily an "improvement" though. Sagat is supposed to be an anatomical, muscular freak. 7'5" and only 172 lbs! No fat on him, so his serratus anterior/obliques should "pop". I think it's just a testament to Mr. Cleary's expertise translating each individual character to sculpture. :thumbs2:

My 2 cents. :D

Totally get what you're saying Evan...Can't wait to see what else John Sculpts! Impressive stuff to say the least...:thumbs2:

JohnCleary
10-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Thanks again everyone!

Genotoys - Thanks so much for the kind words! I loved sculpting Goro and it's one of my top favs I gave done so far. It's going to be so massive looking in person. I'm constantly working on to improve and step up every aspect of my work and anatomy is a huge part of that. In my opinion there is always more to learn and build upon and I am dedicated to constantly push myself on every project I work on.

Zenlogikos - Youre right. Each characters muscularity, body density, anatomy, age are all factors and unique to that Character. There are alot of variables to be aware of when sculpting a new piece. For instance sometimes a more ripped physique is in order and other times a softer more bulky form is required. Also certain body parts depending on pose my have contracting muscles and other parts relaxed. Its always a fun journey to see what path each project takes. :)

Permagrin - For personal work I have sculpted straight into poses but for my official work I always start with a standing pose so I can sculpt my character accurately, get all the vital costuming etc correct and after I get it to a good level I will then pose it. Quite often when I pose I will have to resculpt certain areas that get goofy from the posing process. When posed I then start finalizing it and go to town until the sculpt is complete.

PermaGrin
10-25-2013, 11:52 AM
Figured as much. I do game art and game animations. So obviously with animated stuff it gets rigged and all. From doing that stuff, I certainly know where bad deformations can come into play.

That is cool though. Wish I could get my hands on some and rig and animated them. :P Modeling/sculpting organics is not my cup-o-tea.

*cough* raiden sculpt? *cough*
*looks around*
"What was that?'
hehe

ZenLogikos
10-26-2013, 04:32 AM
:goodpost:

Thanks for the insight, Mr. Cleary!

JohnCleary
04-23-2014, 02:56 AM
Hi everyone,

I hope everyone is doing well. I just wanted to let those who are interested know that I have just updated my website and added some pics of my digital sculpts for Baraka and Sub Zero MK9.

I will also be adding some pics of my Gouken digital sculpt in the next few days.

Thanks and I hope you like the pics!

John

MrYac
04-23-2014, 02:57 AM
always love looking through your site John

ZenLogikos
04-23-2014, 04:48 AM
It may be impossible to say this without offending the other artists, but it's a shame you can't do every Street Fighter PF...

:)

SARFARAZ
04-23-2014, 05:25 AM
Yeah I mean the revisit Ryu I would have thought John or Jerry would have sculpted..

Mascarade
04-23-2014, 07:22 AM
you are very talented, hope you make many more statues for years to come

JohnCleary
04-23-2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate your kind words. I just did some slight housekeeping to my site. I've separated the painted pics of Baraka, Sub Zero and Goro into their own galleries. I hope to have the Gouken digital pics up later.

Thanks for looking. :)

JohnCleary
04-24-2014, 01:19 AM
Hi again,

For those interested, I just added the Gouken digital sculpt pics at my website. One thing to note, the Pilgrim hat in the pics feature the detailed version I did. Capcom ultimately nixed that version in favor of the flat hat which was more authentic to the design in the game. Still looks pretty cool though. :thumbs2:

SONICobra
04-24-2014, 01:39 AM
john I really hope you get the akuma revisit. Baraka looks incredible, one of pcs' best to date imo - it looks like you had a lot of fun sculpting that piece

AllThatExist666
04-24-2014, 01:56 AM
After the master piece you did with sagat. Didn't think you could
Top it or keep that level of masterful work. Glad i was wrong
The sculpts of goro sub gouken baraka etc.... just proves it

That's why i think you should be the one to sculpt blanka
Not your regular human anatomy so should be an interesting
challenge love to see what you come up with jerry make it happen
please :)

rabid_wolf
04-24-2014, 02:16 AM
Hi again,

For those interested, I just added the Gouken digital sculpt pics at my website. One thing to note, the Pilgrim hat in the pics feature the detailed version I did. Capcom ultimately nixed that version in favor of the flat hat which was more authentic to the design in the game. Still looks pretty cool though. :thumbs2:

Your Goro sculpt is incredible. I do not really collect MK but saw it in person at Wondercon and immediately ordered it.

gaijin
04-24-2014, 09:09 PM
Wow, John did most of the design / sculpts ?!

And I thought it was Jerry, sorry for my ignorance.

A2G
04-24-2014, 10:13 PM
Wish you would sculpt all upcoming pcs statues! Love your work.

Gyro Zeppeli
04-25-2014, 12:50 AM
John is the master. There's nothing more to it. It's just that simple. Bow down before his exceptional sculpts!