PDA

View Full Version : Finally Found A Dr. Doom Fs Statue

giro
08-15-2005, 08:06 PM
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS STATUE , ALOT OF YOU GUY'S ON HERE SAID IT'S ONE OF THE BEST RANDY'S EVER MADE . #111 OF 5,000 MADE . :buttrock:

Countrikula
08-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Hi there,

I don't own the statue myself, but having seen the pics, I'd say it captures the comic Doom perfectly. Detail and pose are perfect.
Anyway, just my two. Congrats on finding it!

Best, Rick Force

Collection King 13
08-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Its a great statue!

giro
08-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Thanks Guys Been Looking Over A Year For One Thats Around A #100 Or Lower , Good Enough FOR Me . Thats What I Hear Ck Got Any Good Pic's Of One With Your Other Statues .

boondocksaint
08-15-2005, 08:35 PM
im looking to get rid of mine to fund the ss dr doom....

wizard-comics
08-15-2005, 08:54 PM
im looking to get rid of mine to fund the ss dr doom....

I think a lot of that is going to happen, think the price will come down a bit with a lot going on sale

boondocksaint
08-15-2005, 08:55 PM
I think a lot of that is going to happen, think the price will come down a bit with a lot going on sale

maybe ill put on ebay this week :buttrock:

lord odin
08-15-2005, 08:56 PM
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS STATUE , ALOT OF YOU GUY'S ON HERE SAID IT'S ONE OF THE BEST RANDY'S EVER MADE . #111 OF 5,000 MADE . :buttrock:
Congrats I think it`s the best statue IMO. :buttrock:

DDura711
08-15-2005, 09:05 PM
Love mine, even have mine signed by Randy.
Not dumping mine any time soon.

lord odin
08-15-2005, 09:06 PM
Love mine, even have mine signed by Randy.
Not dumping mine any time soon.
ditto except the signed part. :)

Sniper
08-15-2005, 09:09 PM
one of my favorites !!!!

Tetragrammaton
08-15-2005, 09:17 PM
I only have the mini-statue from Bowen but think it is great. I can imagine what the FS is like! Why sell because of the SS piece. While both are great I prefer the "truer" look of the Bowen.

mfrancoiii
08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
you are gonna be very happy! i know i am...

giro
08-15-2005, 09:34 PM
They Made 5,000 Of These But I Got To Tell Ya They Are Hard To Come By, Next To Any Other Fullsize Statue , That I Have Tried To Get . Alot Of Guy's On Hear , It Seems To Be One Of There Top Statue's , I Guess It Will Be For Me Also Next To Thor AnD Cap.

carrillj
08-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Thats What I Hear Ck Got Any Good Pic's Of One With Your Other Statues .

Here's a couple of pics of my statue, along with some others to compare the detail and size. The second pic is how it displays at night, but looks much better in person. Doctor Doom is a RB masterpiece.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/carrillj/Doom5.jpg http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/carrillj/doom6.jpg

giro
08-15-2005, 09:46 PM
Thanks Carrillj Wow That Looks Great , Big Like The Thor Statue , Nice , Hey Thanks For That Neca Spiderman I Got From Ya , My Favorite Spiderman Statue .

carrillj
08-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Thanks Carrillj Wow That Looks Great , Big Like The Thor Statue , Nice , Hey Thanks For That Neca Spiderman I Got From Ya , My Favorite Spiderman Statue .

Not a problem. :thumbs2:

OneOne78
08-15-2005, 09:59 PM
I love mine, it was my favorite until Juggy came around. Your going to love it.

giro
08-15-2005, 10:04 PM
Thanks Oneone78 , I Luv The Paint Job On The Juggernaut Statue , People Freak When They See The Size Of It

imthkman
08-15-2005, 10:23 PM
I love mine, it was my favorite until Juggy came around. Your going to love it.

Ditto. Juggernaut hath no equal............

Tetragrammaton
08-15-2005, 10:42 PM
Carrillj, really like your display set-up with Doom and Thanos as center pieces for your busts. I tend to seperate the statues and busts for display purposes but mixing them creates a very nice look.

wizard-comics
08-16-2005, 03:22 AM
THe Bowen Doom is awesome, but that sideshow doom!!!.....dang......can't wait to get mine!

The Watcher
08-16-2005, 04:36 AM
I just recently acquired a FS Dr. Doom from a fellow forum member. Very pleased with it. My plans are to display it next to the FS Magneto, upcoming FS Red Skull and, if the god's are willing, a FS Loki. It'll be the Big Four classic Marvel villains display. If there's room, I'll put the upcoming Bowen Thanos in as well.

giro
08-16-2005, 08:21 AM
that would look awsome watcher , i would like to see a fs loki as well

Cage
08-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Congrats, I still want one, but it is on my want list behind Daredevil FS and Storm FS.

valemeister
08-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Congrats on getting a hold of one of these! He's one of my favourite statues and I was so pleased when I won one on eBay earlier this year so I can imagine your excitement.

As for selling it to afford the Sideshow Doom, that could be a big mistake. As gorgeous as the Sideshow Doom is, I think the whole cloth clothing on this line is really short sighted. They're going to get manky and horrible within a couple years of being on display (how do you dust cloth?) and then a] it'll look skanky on your shelf and b] be impossible to resell.

Looks great now, won't a few years down the line. You really can't go wrong with the Bowen Doom though as far as I'm concerned. A masterpiece with no drawbacks. :)

OneOne78
08-16-2005, 11:19 AM
A masterpiece with no drawbacks. :)
I totally agree :buttrock:

bigben7
08-16-2005, 12:50 PM
how do you know the cloth used on sideshow statues isnt treated..or they were smart enought to use somehting that wont go bad?? i think the piece is museum quality and they take all that inot consideration. i dont see it getting nasty

Teague
08-16-2005, 12:55 PM
how do you know the cloth used on sideshow statues isnt treated..or they were smart enought to use somehting that wont go bad?? i think the piece is museum quality and they take all that inot consideration. i dont see it getting nasty

I don't think valemeister is saying that the cloth will "go bad" so much as that it will get dusty and be tough to keep looking as nice as it will when it's fresh out of the box. Sure, they can make it archival fabric, but you'd still have to clean it, unless you kept it in a dust-free environment.

Personally, I still like the Bowen Doom too, but I saw the Sideshow Doom at SDCC, and it seriously rocks. I'm limiting myself to just Bowens right now, due to cash and display space, but this one tempts me nonetheless.

valemeister
08-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

I couldn't agree more that the Sideshow Doom kicks much arse. It's absolutely stunning, but I'd be worrying about that cloth all the time, more so because it's a high priced item. With the Bowen Doom, one quick flick of a make up brush and he's dust free and lovely. Well, as lovely as Doom can be anyway. ;)

bigben7
08-16-2005, 01:16 PM
lol. i love the bowen also and currently lookin to buy one for myself.i never looked at sideshow or considered payin that much. i also was limiting myself to bowen becasue there is sooo much out there. i saw the dr doom ss and i was hooked. it may be the single best statue yet.i will have mine in my glass cabinet for sure!then i ordered the green goblin, wolverine/sabretooth and now the x men sentinel from ss.lol
but i still love bowen and have all the statues on order.plus im also lookin to get bowen full szie thor,human torch,cyclops retro,iron man retro dd,storm and dr doom. so kiss my money good bye.lollucjkiyl i found a guy to give me ss for a discount and free shipping!!

msw313
08-16-2005, 02:08 PM
A FS Dr Doom is currently on eBay, if anyone's looking for one.

Doctor Doom FS Statue (http://cgi.ebay.com/Doctor-Doom-Full-Size-Statue-1999-by-Randy-Bowen_W0QQitemZ6553967078QQcategoryZ64QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

leks
08-16-2005, 02:21 PM
The fs bowen doom might be my first fs bowen piece, dont remember exactly.

After seeing pics I just had to have it.

Still after receiving it I wasnot as impressed as I was sure I was going to be. Dont get me wrong it still rocks :buttrock:

to me my board!
08-16-2005, 02:48 PM
The Doom f/s is the best statue released so far from Bowen Designs IMO.

leks: your avatar is slightly disturbing....

giro
08-16-2005, 02:56 PM
wow thats saying something , thats a tough list to do , cain't wait to get it .

nolilia
08-16-2005, 03:04 PM
A couple of years back I bought this dude for $150 BIN wherein those times the ending bids goes around $250-270. I received it brand new case fresh. This is just a lucky search for me. One of my fave Full size statues also.

lord odin
08-16-2005, 04:19 PM
The Doom f/s is the best statue released so far from Bowen Designs IMO.
leks: your avatar is slightly disturbing....
I agree :buttrock:

lord odin
08-16-2005, 04:20 PM
I totally agree :buttrock:
ditto

lord odin
08-16-2005, 04:22 PM
Yes, that is exactly what I meant.

I couldn't agree more that the Sideshow Doom kicks much arse. It's absolutely stunning, but I'd be worrying about that cloth all the time, more so because it's a high priced item. With the Bowen Doom, one quick flick of a make up brush and he's dust free and lovely. Well, as lovely as Doom can be anyway. ;)
The cloth is my main problem with it that and it reminds me of a Doombot.
But it`s a great piece.

boondocksaint
08-16-2005, 05:07 PM
The cloth is my main problem with it that and it reminds me of a Doombot.
But it`s a great piece.

yeah but you cant break cloth... :)

lord odin
08-16-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah but you cant break cloth... :)
True but you cant keep it clean either. :)

boondocksaint
08-16-2005, 05:35 PM
True but you cant keep it clean either. :)

glass case....only worry about dust :buttrock:

qcjoe
08-16-2005, 05:42 PM
I have to put it on eebay as well as the rest of my Bowens so I can pay the bills.

Bullseye
08-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Congrats on getting a hold of one of these! He's one of my favourite statues and I was so pleased when I won one on eBay earlier this year so I can imagine your excitement.

As for selling it to afford the Sideshow Doom, that could be a big mistake. As gorgeous as the Sideshow Doom is, I think the whole cloth clothing on this line is really short sighted. They're going to get manky and horrible within a couple years of being on display (how do you dust cloth?) and then a] it'll look skanky on your shelf and b] be impossible to resell.

Looks great now, won't a few years down the line. You really can't go wrong with the Bowen Doom though as far as I'm concerned. A masterpiece with no drawbacks. :)

Where are you planning to keep it. Its not a garden gnome :laugh:

lord odin
08-16-2005, 09:23 PM
glass case....only worry about dust :buttrock:
Still i`ll pass with no regrets.

valemeister
08-17-2005, 03:26 AM
Where are you planning to keep it. Its not a garden gnome :laugh: lol ;)

As far as Glass cabinets go, unless they're sealed tight with tape, dust will still get in. Our cabinets at work always seem to need dusting. :/

Bullseye
08-17-2005, 03:29 AM
I know what you mean but that wouldn't stop me. Sure how expensive would it be to replace that piece of cloth. This piece is too good to pass up.

Juggernaut
08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
To all those who like the FS Doom and like it. Congrats.

But I would like a FS Doom wher hes reaching out with his arm. Like Darth Vader does in Empire strikes back.

Bullseye
08-17-2005, 03:15 PM
To all those who like the FS Doom and like it. Congrats.

But I would like a FS Doom wher hes reaching out with his arm. Like Darth Vader does in Empire strikes back.

That will be in phase 13 :)

Juggernaut
08-17-2005, 03:20 PM
That will be in phase 13 :)

Thats not nice. :)

Bullseye
08-17-2005, 03:24 PM
Okay i'll see if Randy can swing late phase 12.

Juggernaut
08-17-2005, 03:26 PM
Okay i'll see if Randy can swing late phase 12.

SWEEET. :)

giro
08-20-2005, 10:32 AM
just got dr. doom today awsome statue , pretty heavy , looks great.

COI
08-20-2005, 11:57 AM
I love the bowen Dr. Doom, but I actually sold mine because of the SS Exclusive. The SS piece just captures the character so well, and I can't see it ever being beaten in that respect. And as big and heavy as the SS piece is going to be, the Bowen is no light weight either, and has a huge box which takes up a lot of space. With all the quality stuff coming out, real estate becomes valuable, and you've got to make choices. I've made mine, and hopefully I won't regret it. And even if I do, I can always buy the Bowen again.

Collection King 13
08-20-2005, 12:38 PM
My Doom Full Size is leaving my collection Today for a trade... but I do have the Mini and the Bust... so not all is lost!

lord odin
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
just got dr. doom today awsome statue , pretty heavy , looks great.
Congrats it`s my favorite bowen piece.

bigben7
08-20-2005, 01:26 PM
wanted to buy the dr doom bowen full size but i also ordered the sideshow dr doom. it just looks amazing!!i am yet to get a sideshow item but i am starting with wolverine/sabretooth and dr doom, green goblin and x men / sentinels. hope sideshow is as amazing as you guys say!!

giro
08-21-2005, 12:06 AM
Big Ben I Hear Ya They Look Like Really Nice Work , I Have The X-men Vs Sentinel Exclusive On Order , That Thing Looks Frickin Sick , And The Lighting Part Sold Me Really Cool. I'm New To Them Too , Would Really Like To See A Captian America Red Skull Down The Road , Thats My Wish .

bigben7
08-21-2005, 01:36 AM
cap red skull would be kewl, but it seems that match up is always together. how about a cap / baron zemo!!!
daredevil / mr hyde or bullseye
thing/ hulk!!
spiderman sinister 6
i wanted the exclusive light up x men / senitnel but it is too muc for me since i got a guy givin me 15% off and free shipping, so the regular edition will only cost me 255.00 and free shippin

wizard-comics
08-21-2005, 02:35 AM
nice price on the X VS Sent!..I had to go with te execlusive onthat one...don't know if I'll continue with exclusives in the future when you can get the regular versions so cheap from retailers.....but the light up feature got my attention on this one..

giro
08-21-2005, 10:48 AM
The X-men Vs Sent, Is Not Coming Out Anytime Soon So The Price Doesn't Hurt Me, Which Is A Good Thing , I Just Can't Past Up The Lighted One . Bigben I Like The Other One's Also You Got Listed Too, That Hulk Vs Thing Would Be Huge Holy Moly . Captain America Is My Favorite And Would Just Luv To See Him Kicking Red Skull Ass In A Nazi Uniform.