PDA

View Full Version : Greatest News Story Ever (at least to me)

DDura711
08-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Okay by now you know I got a off sence of humor and I just had a reallllllly good laugh on this piece o' news on Yahoo.

Va. Laptop Sale Turns Into a Stampede (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/ap_on_re_us/computer_frenzy)
RICHMOND, Va. - A rush to purchase $50 used laptops turned into a violent stampede Tuesday, with people getting thrown to the pavement, beaten with a folding chair and nearly driven over. One woman went so far as to wet herself rather than surrender her place in line.
"This is total, total chaos," said Latoya Jones, 19, who lost one of her flip-flops in the ordeal and later limped around on the sizzling blacktop with one foot bare.

Korann
08-16-2005, 07:56 PM
how desperate can people get? How good could a $50 used laptop be?

DDura711
08-16-2005, 08:15 PM
I just laugh at the one women wetting herself for one. :laugh:

Korann
08-16-2005, 08:25 PM
yeah thats a little too far...

Korann
08-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Heres another great story from Yahoo...

Police seek diaper-clad man who pesters women Mon Aug 15, 1:43 PM ET

UK police said Monday they were searching for a man wearing just a diaper, who approaches women late at night and asks: "Are there any baby changing facilities around here?"

Cleveland police in northeast England said the latest incident occurred around 11 p.m. Sunday when he surprised a women walking her dog in a play area in Eaglescliffe, near Middlesbrough.

Police said no one had been assaulted by the man but described his behavior as bizarre and a cause for concern.

"There have been several reports of him having been seen in Eaglescliffe dressed only in a nappy and we are keen to trace him and speak to him," police said.

DDura711
08-16-2005, 08:37 PM
So that's where Coca's been all this time :D

Korann
08-16-2005, 08:43 PM
:laugh: :laugh:

lord odin
08-16-2005, 09:17 PM
They don`t call coca caca for nothing. :laugh:

Daywalker
08-16-2005, 09:36 PM
is this story so far fetched ? like nobody on here wouldnt act the same way if there was a sale for $50 bowen hulk mini busts somewhere ? - i garuntee most fo the people on this board would wet themselves to get that :laugh:

wizard-comics
08-16-2005, 09:42 PM

:laugh: :laugh: to funny...Coca wears diaper?...that's to bad....

Justin
08-16-2005, 10:16 PM
dont these people have any pride?

DDura711
08-16-2005, 10:33 PM
is this story so far fetched ? like nobody on here wouldnt act the same way if there was a sale for $50 bowen hulk mini busts somewhere ? - i garuntee most fo the people on this board would wet themselves to get that :laugh:
If that's all I had to do to get one you got it! :thumbs2:
Guess what I'd do for a Chrome Surfer Bust :D

Daywalker
08-17-2005, 09:32 AM
If that's all I had to do to get one you got it! :thumbs2:
Guess what I'd do for a Chrome Surfer Bust :D
in that case we shuld get u and R.kelly together :eplus2:

Collection King 13
08-17-2005, 12:20 PM
:laugh: Classic! :laugh:

cblakey1
08-17-2005, 12:36 PM
how desperate can people get? How good could a $50 used laptop be?
Pretty decent actually. My company regularly upgrades desktops and laptops and I'll tell ya, the stuff they sell to the employees for $50.00 are very clean and reliable.

I've been at this company for 6 years and in that time have had 4 *new* PC upgrades (and bought two used ones)! :buttrock:

Korann
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Fisherman dies chasing fish that stole his pole!

BERLIN (Reuters) - A fish caught in an east German lake near the Polish border not only got off the hook but also lured a 46-year-old fisherman to his death, police in the eastern town of Eisenhuettenstadt said Tuesday.

A police spokeswoman said the fish pulled the fishing rod out of the man's hands and dragged it about 100 metres away from shore at the Kleinen Pohlitzer lake near Eisenhuettenstadt. The man took off his clothes and swam after the pole.

An eyewitness said the man reached the rod floating on the surface but then suddenly stopped moving. The witness, 54, swam out to help him and pulled the fisherman back to shore, where he was later pronounced dead, police said.

"I know it sounds like an incredible story but it really happened," an Eisenhuettenstadt police spokeswoman said. "It was apparently just an ordinary fish."

cblakey1
08-17-2005, 12:38 PM
dont these people have any pride?

It's not a pride issue. It is the 'Murican way.. the haves and the have nots and keeping up with the jonses.

Daywalker
08-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Eisenhuettenstadt
maybe it wasnt an accident - maybe he wanted to die cuz he could prounounce the name of the damn town he lived in

Korann
08-17-2005, 12:56 PM
I like the part where it says "It was apparently just an ordinary fish."

Daywalker
08-17-2005, 01:00 PM
I like the part where it says "It was apparently just an ordinary fish."
maybe the fish ate his wedding ring ? - anyone see big fish ??? :laugh:

Korann
08-17-2005, 01:06 PM
nice!! that was a good movie...

I wonder what kind of fishing pole it was...maybe it was made of diamonds!