PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Heads Lara Croft Survivor 1/4 resin Statue

Grayfox117
12-18-2013, 02:13 PM
I was hoping for a new Lara from SS. This one doesn't look bad but I'll hold out for a new PF.

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/Street%20Fighter%20statues/tumblr_mxwy9qRtGL1qkq7tbo8_1280.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/Street%20Fighter%20statues/tumblr_mxwy9qRtGL1qkq7tbo8_1280.jpg.html)

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/vertical_20.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/vertical_20.jpg.html)

There's even an EX
http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/Street%20Fighter%20statues/vertical_15.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/Street%20Fighter%20statues/vertical_15.jpg.html)

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/70397327715/gaming-heads-lara-croft-survivor-statue-revealed

dao2
12-18-2013, 05:32 PM
If you get from the Gaming Heads sites here's some discount codes

$30 off EX: SEYLC34
$25 off reg: LC25YES

No idea how long they last, prob a month or so?

adee
12-18-2013, 05:36 PM
She covering the best part.

JSeals
12-18-2013, 06:00 PM
If you get from the Gaming Heads sites here's some discount codes

$30 off EX: SEYLC34
$25 off reg: LC25YES

No idea how long they last, prob a month or so?

The email said they are valid until February 1st.

DynamicMenace
12-18-2013, 08:37 PM
oh wow square enix doing 1/4scale? cool.

dao2
12-18-2013, 08:54 PM
The email said they are valid until February 1st.

Ah :P I didn't read most of it :< It's a really nice looking statue, especially her face. But I'm prob gonna pass so didn't give it a look over ;p

Gyro Zeppeli
12-18-2013, 09:00 PM
oh wow square enix doing 1/4scale? cool.

Square Enix themselves were actually doing a line of 1/4 Final Fantasy PFs back in the day. They did Gabranth and Cloud (Advent Children) and was going to do Sephiroth but he unfortunately never came out. It's a shame too. I own their Gabranth and like him a lot. I would have loved to have their Sephiroth.

jedi_don
12-18-2013, 09:01 PM
Does anyone have any of Gaming Heads previous statues? I preorder this from a retailer, but I am concerned about the production and paint quality.

ReplicantSavior
12-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Looks ok but I'm waiting on a Sideshow version too.

TheYoungWolf
12-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Between their Dragonborn, the announcement of Talos for the new TES Shrines Series and this, Gaming Heads has been putting out some pretty awesome stuff as of late!

Lara is a definite buy for me. The game is up there on my favorites from this year and I'm really impressed with the prototype images. The lack of enthusiasm is somewhat surprising; a lot of people seem to be banking on Sideshow.

And thanks for the discount codes dao2!

JSeals
12-18-2013, 11:48 PM
Does anyone have any of Gaming Heads previous statues? I preorder this from a retailer, but I am concerned about the production and paint quality.

I have their dragonborn statue and it's amazing. I was a little worried when I ordered it because of the same reasons you mentioned. I found the paint and production to be excellent. I preordered Lara as soon as I received their email. I have their skyrim talos statue on preorder as well. Search YouTube for video reviews of their pieces. Really well done. There may be a video review of the dragonborn statue on the forum. Can't remember for sure and I'm typing this from my phone lol

JSeals
12-18-2013, 11:51 PM
Between their Dragonborn, the announcement of Talos for the new TES Shrines Series and this, Gaming Heads has been putting out some pretty awesome stuff as of late!

Lara is a definite buy for me. The game is up there on my favorites from this year and I'm really impressed with the prototype images. The lack of enthusiasm is somewhat surprising; a lot of people seem to be banking on Sideshow.

I agree. You typed all of that while I was typing from my phone. I love the sideshow pieces, but I am glad gaming heads is doing this. Nice to have options. :)

JSeals
12-19-2013, 01:19 AM

jedi don,

here is antnie's video review of the dragonborn statue. hope this helps

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnXs704Bdrw

jedi_don
12-19-2013, 03:27 AM
jedi don,

here is antnie's video review of the dragonborn statue. hope this helps

Review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnXs704Bdrw

Thanks for the feedback. Glad to hear that a relatively new company is producing quality products. I've preordered the regular. I like the bow.

Viper2005
12-19-2013, 03:56 AM
Ordered the reg from bbts!

I and I
12-19-2013, 04:50 AM
The people behind gaming heads have a lot of experience. I have statues from SS and GH and well ..I have less issues with gaming heads than SS to be honest. They really deliver.

hittrix
12-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Looks great, Ordered the EX!

vinnnie
12-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Definitely a must buy as a TR fan. It's also sculpted by the great Alejandro Pereira. Will get the exclusive even though I will be displaying her with the bow.

Grayfox117
12-19-2013, 09:39 AM

I'm a big TR fan and it's not that I don't like this but I collect and prefer PF/mixed media statues over fully sculpted. That's why I'm hoping SS does a PF version of this Lara. It think I would look awesome and compliment my other Laras, it would also look great next to my PF Nathan Drake wherever that comes.

L Deimos
12-19-2013, 12:34 PM
I can't believe people like this. While I'm no painter, I have to say this looks very amateurish for a $289 statue and the face definitely feels off. I'd rather get Sideshows far superior Nathan Drake over this any day. The pose, while somewhat iconic for this character, isn't really statue worthy either.

dao2
12-19-2013, 01:01 PM

There stuff is pretty solid. Their prototypes don't look as nice as SS but they deliver what they advertise.

NPs, and I actually prefer stuff that ISN'T from SS.

CessnaDriver
12-19-2013, 01:51 PM
I'm in cuz I'm a rabid Croft statue collector.
Anyways, if SS does a PF based on this incarnation of the game, I'm in too! Hear that SS????

chezzrok
12-19-2013, 02:39 PM
All in all really well done, thus far. I actually though GG had done this! swap out bow for shot gun, cool base, she is battle damaged, proto gets high marks from me!

will go awesomely with my FemFatale theme of statues!

Chargersfan57
12-19-2013, 05:15 PM
I can't believe people like this. While I'm no painter, I have to say this looks very amateurish for a $289 statue and the face definitely feels off. I'd rather get Sideshows far superior Nathan Drake over this any day. The pose, while somewhat iconic for this character, isn't really statue worthy either.

I can't disagree with you more. Look at the details in the scars and grime. Also look at how great her eyes look. It looks like quality to me. I've been checking out a lot of the close up shots and the quality is certainly there.

http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=131

I'm on my kindle and for whatever reason I can't post any pics. Can someone post the close up pic of her face? The first pic they use on their site.

samhain81
12-19-2013, 05:22 PM
A bit of a mans ass she has on this statue. Looks like she has a wedgy. Add that to the fact that she's covering her breasts, makes it a very odd Lara.

Chargersfan57
12-19-2013, 05:38 PM
A bit of a mans ass she has on this statue.

:confused::confused::confused:

...... I don't even.....

....know how to respond...

hittrix
12-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Can someone post the close up pic of her face? The first pic they use on their site.

Here you go :)
http://www.gamingheads.com/images/stories/products/TRLCX/horizontal_01.jpg

hittrix
12-19-2013, 05:49 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

...... I don't even.....

....know how to respond...

Sometimes is better not to respond but to ignore.

Chargersfan57
12-19-2013, 05:50 PM
Thanks hittrix, that's the pic I was referring to. The detail there looks incredible. It doesn't come off cheap looking at all. At least in my opinion...

hittrix
12-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Thanks hittrix, that's the pic I was referring to. The detail there looks incredible. It doesn't come off cheap looking at all. At least in my opinion...

Np Chargersfan57, and i agree on your opinion.

TheYoungWolf
12-19-2013, 07:33 PM
I'm a big TR fan and it's not that I don't like this but I collect and prefer PF/mixed media statues over fully sculpted. That's why I'm hoping SS does a PF version of this Lara. It think I would look awesome and compliment my other Laras, it would also look great next to my PF Nathan Drake wherever that comes.

That's where we differ. I'm rarely a fan of PFs, preferring full sculpt or very few mixed elements. I find Sideshow's use of mixed media underwhelming, but that's a different discussion in itself.

I can respect those, like yourself, that have a preference for that style though. In that regard, it makes sense to wait for SS to produce theirs. On the other end of the spectrum, this is a fantastic, fully sculpted representation to invest in for those who aren't into premium format.

Grayfox117
12-19-2013, 09:25 PM
That's where we differ. I'm rarely a fan of PFs, preferring full sculpt or very few mixed elements. I find Sideshow's use of mixed media underwhelming, but that's a different discussion in itself.

I can respect those, like yourself, that have a preference for that style though. In that regard, it makes sense to wait for SS to produce theirs. On the other end of the spectrum, this is a fantastic, fully sculpted representation to invest in for those who aren't into premium format.

Thanks Wolf. Some people get bent out of shape when others have different tastes or opinions for some reason:rolleyes2 Your post was very respectful and well put. I agree if your into Tomb Raider and like fully sculpted statues this is a great piece.

Spazzy
12-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Paint job looks pretty decent, maybe just a bit pale skin...but maybe that is how she is in the game....glad to see more 1/4 pieces coming

Y3E
12-20-2013, 12:42 AM
Can someone tell me if the company charges right away or charges when the item ships? Thanks.

JSeals
12-20-2013, 01:20 AM
Can someone tell me if the company charges right away or charges when the item ships? Thanks.

They charge when the item ships :)

I and I
12-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Yep what JSeals said is correct. And there is no NRD.

Finisher
12-23-2013, 06:46 PM
Great statue.
Sad she got such a "kind of yellow" skin tone.
Anyway the best Lara ever produced.

SkyPirate82
12-26-2013, 03:22 AM
Ordered this day one. Much prefer that it's fully sculpted; I wasn't really a fan of the fabric on the AH! PF.

bruhaha69
12-26-2013, 01:00 PM
Looks good. I didn't really like this game too much in relation to the rest of the series, but no denying that's a good looking statue for it.

Lord Loki
12-27-2013, 11:59 PM
This is very nice. I hope it looks like the proto. SS has burned me a couple times:thumbsdow

Xaerius
12-29-2013, 06:49 AM
I only found out about this statue a few hours ago. :( Although I have the Collector's Edition of the latest game, I haven't had a chance to play it even though it has been out for almost a year.

Personally, I really love the look that they gave Lara in the new game's artwork so I have to admit that I absolutely love this new statue from Gaming Heads! I hadn't heard of this company before today but just pre-ordered this piece from them and am really looking forward to it after hearing feedback from those of you who have purchased their statues in the past.

The only thing that concerns me with the prototype pictures is simply that her right leg appears to be very thin, even compared to the her left leg. I'll include a picture that I think shows that.

With that being said, I think they did a great job on this one and although she doesn't look exactly as I envisioned her based upon the box artwork, I think she is still great looking. REALLY LOVE IT so I'm a new fan of Gaming Heads. It will be interesting to see what future releases they have planned.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5528/11620599076_9def0aa8a7_o.jpg

CommanderZx2
12-29-2013, 07:08 AM
I hadn't heard of this company before today but just pre-ordered this piece from them and am really looking forward to it after hearing feedback from those of you who have purchased their statues in the past.

Their first statue the Team Fortress 2 Heavy had some quality control issues, however I haven't heard of any issues with their subsequent statues.

I have the Red & Blue Heavy, the Left 4 Dead Tank and the Half-Life 2 Head Crab zombie statue from them.

I could post some pictures if you wish, but I'm not quite sure where. There doesn't appear to be a stickied thread for anyone to post pictures of statues that fall under the general statues category.

JP Sarri
12-29-2013, 07:42 AM
Their first statue the Team Fortress 2 Heavy had some quality control issues, however I haven't heard of any issues with their subsequent statues.

I have the Red & Blue Heavy, the Left 4 Dead Tank and the Half-Life 2 Head Crab zombie statue from them.

I could post some pictures if you wish, but I'm not quite sure where. There doesn't appear to be a stickied thread for anyone to post pictures of statues that fall under the general statues category.

Yo can post your pictures here for reference or you can create a thread specifically for the company and the statues. This section is the place to do it.

built2shred
12-29-2013, 01:28 PM
I think this statue is well done, but I really don't want to showcase a beat up Laura Croft statue...

It's defiantly different though so props for that..

immortalblade
12-30-2013, 12:46 AM
Statue looks good. I haven't played the relaunched game yet, so I don't know if I'll get the statue. I'm guessing Lara's best "asset" is not quite poppin because this is the young Lara before she made money from treasuring and getting her "enhancements"?

Snadinator
12-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Statue looks good. I haven't played the relaunched game yet, so I don't know if I'll get the statue. I'm guessing Lara's best "asset" is not quite poppin because this is the young Lara before she made money from treasuring and getting her "enhancements"?

No it is because the new Tomb Raider stands up on its own merits without having to turn Lara into a sex object.

adee
12-30-2013, 11:25 AM
Mission accomplished. She's not very sexy.

Silas Loki
12-30-2013, 12:47 PM

I disagree. Being "sexy", especially for a woman, has tradionally been based on her physical attributes. In the modern age, a woman's sexiness is derived from a much more diverse set of roots. In this case the characters sexiness comes from her tough survival instinct, her ability to grow, her intelligence and leadership.....her strength of character.

I love this piece and everything it, and the game stands for. This whole setting, and others like it, are teaching girls that they don't have to be victims, that they don't have to rely on their physical beauty at the expense of every other quality they have. It teaches them that this is their world as much as it is a mans world, and they can have a significant role to play in it.

I've ordered this statue and I'm proud to display it, blood stains, bruises and all. This is the woman of the now, and she' sexier than ever.

CommanderZx2
12-30-2013, 02:54 PM
Love the character and the game, but not really a fan of the pose they've gone with for this statue.

Personally I would have preferred the following instead:
http://i.imgur.com/qefR02Z.jpg

GUILTY GEAR
12-30-2013, 04:19 PM
She covering the best part.

:iagree:

Finisher
12-30-2013, 09:00 PM
Love the character and the game, but not really a fan of the pose they've gone with for this statue.

Statue rocks anyway.
But I agree , too.

e side
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Tomb Raider/Croft fan made short film. :thumbs2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTW9V61jo

Finisher
12-30-2013, 10:07 PM
Tomb Raider/Croft fan made short film. :thumbs2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnQTW9V61jo

Well done. Thanks for posting.

Snadinator
12-31-2013, 02:17 PM

Time for you to meet some real women.

Chargersfan57
12-31-2013, 11:45 PM
I think both the in game Lara, and this statue are sexy

Xaerius
01-01-2014, 08:20 AM
I disagree. Being "sexy", especially for a woman, has tradionally been based on her physical attributes. In the modern age, a woman's sexiness is derived from a much more diverse set of roots. In this case the characters sexiness comes from her tough survival instinct, her ability to grow, her intelligence and leadership.....her strength of character...
:goodpost:

I agree that pose you prefer would have been great. At the same time, however, the pose they went with highlights strength and vulnerability more so than simply strength and determination of the pose you have suggested. Maybe they will do a second pose in the future if this one sells well. If they do produce a new one, I am hoping that they go with the other face, if possible to keep it fresh, although I'd probably want it either way. ;-)

It would be nice if they could get Sideshow to distribute this as well so that more people would be aware of it.

CommanderZx2
01-01-2014, 09:04 AM
If they do produce a new one, I am hoping that they go with the other face, if possible to keep it fresh, although I'd probably want it either way. ;-)

It would be nice if they could get Sideshow to distribute this as well so that more people would be aware of it.

They've changed her face for the next gen console 'definitive edition' re-release. I think the Gaming Heads statue may be based on this new face design.

Personally I prefer the design of her face in the original game release.

adee
01-01-2014, 11:05 AM
Time for you to meet some real women.

Sorry, I just don't find beaten and bloody sexy. :rolleyes:

I have my wife as a real woman. Lara is supposed to be a fantasy.
I just prefer the Lara I know with big boobs and short shorts. Guess I'm crazy.

She looks much more attractive in the control art above. The pose on this piece is just not very good. She has no curves.

I am a big fan of the character but fully admit that I haven't played the newest game that this is based on.
Maybe that's the reason I don't like it. I won't keep posting my displeasure on it to bring the mood down for those that like it.
It's just not the Lara statue for me.

CessnaDriver
01-01-2014, 02:30 PM
To me Lara Croft is an action hero who is a woman. How many good ones are there really these days?
Yes she can be attractive as hell but she IS on par with James Bond/Indiana Jones level for action without coming off as too forced "girl power" BS that gets sold sometimes. Class act basically. If the character was not strong I could care less how attractive she was and wouldn't be a fan. That goes from the beginning when she had cartoonish pixalated breasts and slinging those other twins... the trademark dual .45s.
Hollywood didn't do a good job and I hope sometime they take another shot at the character and nail it.

vinnnie
01-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Even though she will not really 'fit' in with the rest of my TR statues due to her 'looks', I still want her because she still is Lara Croft. Unlike Angelina Jolie's-version of TR.

My current TR stuff:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6991/su6g.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8730/edn9.jpg

jye318
01-01-2014, 04:38 PM
I did order this one, she looks hot!!

Y3E
01-01-2014, 04:58 PM
Even though she will not really 'fit' in with the rest of my TR statues due to her 'looks', I still want her because she still is Lara Croft. Unlike Angelina Jolie's-version of TR.

My current TR stuff:
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6991/su6g.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img10/8730/edn9.jpg
Fantastic TR collection!

Xaerius
01-01-2014, 05:20 PM
They've changed her face for the next gen console 'definitive edition' re-release. I think the Gaming Heads statue may be based on this new face design.

Personally I prefer the design of her face in the original game release.

:iagree: That's why I was stating that if they are going to make another variant, maybe it could be made with the face from the non-definitive edition. Statue still looks great but the other face would definitely have been my preference as well. :)

I just watched a video on Youtube and see that you are 100% correct about the face being from the new "definitive" game, if that is where the video is from. They haven't stated which game the video is from but considering that it was published in April of 2013, I'm assuming it is likely the pre-definitive version. Here are a couple of screen captures from the following video: http://youtu.be/IJXmD7DN67k

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5545/11694928206_3411718a1d_o.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7302/11694928016_653cac7bae_o.jpg

Those pictures were taken around the 15 second mark and aren't very good but I had a hard time freezing the video in the right spot. ;)

TheYoungWolf
01-21-2014, 04:19 AM
Question for those of you that thoroughly enjoyed the game and/or those that plan to buy this statue: Seeing as how this is a series, what other characters (if any) would you be interested in?

I wouldn't mind seeing Roth, a Stormguard samurai or one of the Oni produced.

CessnaDriver
01-21-2014, 04:37 AM
I"m good with just Lara unless they went for some kind of versus diorama.

playa7
01-23-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm planning on just collecting Lara also.

I've played the game and loved it. But I don't love all the characters to justify buying them.

I and I
01-23-2014, 10:12 AM
they always state that it's part of a series :) doesn't necessarily mean it is so :)

TheYoungWolf
01-23-2014, 06:24 PM
they always state that it's part of a series :) doesn't necessarily mean it is so :)

Yeah, good point haha. In any case, I was just curious to see what other's thought about an ongoing line.

Sithlord32
01-23-2014, 06:49 PM
LC is Iconic and a classic character. Since the SS piece I really like fetches so much I decided to preorder this. I really love the bow, the gritty look to her and the strength it personifies encapsulates her well i think.

JSeals
01-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Yeah, good point haha. In any case, I was just curious to see what other's thought about an ongoing line.

Stormguard Samurai would be awesome. I guess they could also produce an "action-posed" Lara.

qz33
01-30-2014, 04:37 PM
For the longest time I thought this was only a bust. I clicked the ad here on the forums and i went to the statue.

Ordered the EX today. Looks so awesome.

Medusoid
01-30-2014, 06:54 PM
Question for those of you that thoroughly enjoyed the game and/or those that plan to buy this statue: Seeing as how this is a series, what other characters (if any) would you be interested in?

I wouldn't mind seeing Roth, a Stormguard samurai or one of the Oni produced.

Sam in the white dress.

mrslick32
02-09-2014, 11:26 PM
I ordered the EX last week and I'm glad that the $30 off coupon still works. I can't wait to get this statue. It's so detailed and I hope the actual statue comes close to the prototype.

Sithlord32
02-09-2014, 11:34 PM
Ordered this day one but just reg, the bow is what really sells it for me and its the my 1st choice for displaying it so no need for the ex.
Now I wish I could just play the game without having to annie for for a next gen console.

Grayfox117
02-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Ordered this day one but just reg, the bow is what really sells it for me and its the my 1st choice for displaying it so no need for the ex.
Now I wish I could just play the game without having to annie for for a next gen console.

I have played through both on PS3 & PS4. Aside from the more detailed graphics the PS3 version is still the same game and is very good looking for a last gen game. No need to get a next gen system just to play this game.

Sithlord32
02-10-2014, 07:01 PM
I have played through both on PS3 & PS4. Aside from the more detailed graphics the PS3 version is still the same game and is very good looking for a last gen game. No need to get a next gen system just to play this game.

I see but there is still a dilemma the last console game system I owned was a gamecube.

Grayfox117
02-10-2014, 08:10 PM
I see but there is still a dilemma the last console game system I owned was a gamecube.

Ahh :rimshot:

mrslick32
02-13-2014, 06:14 PM

The reg and ex both look good so you can't lose either way. She also has the bow as her main weapon on the reboot. I bought the ex for the additional display option but I really like the bow too.

Sithlord32
04-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Got my notice for this charging to my card so it should be shipping soon.

Armored_Berserk
04-24-2014, 11:32 PM
Ah? I didn'nt get any notice!

TheYoungWolf
04-25-2014, 06:41 PM

Congrats! Excited to see some in-hand pictures.

Unfortunately, I had to cancel her for the time being. Bummer, considering I ordered the ex. within the first couple of hours. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up either edition later on this year.

Sithlord32
04-25-2014, 06:50 PM

Unfortunately, I had to cancel her for the time being. Bummer, considering I ordered the ex. within the first couple of hours. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up either edition later on this year.

Thanks! Hoping it looks even better than the pics. See how it holds up when it arrives. if i decide not to keep it I will do a review on it before it goes so it has some reference for everyone interested in the piece. :thumbs2:

TheStig88
04-25-2014, 07:21 PM

Unfortunately, I had to cancel her for the time being. Bummer, considering I ordered the ex. within the first couple of hours. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up either edition later on this year.I feel your pain, I just cut her loose the other day. There's just too much on my plate right now, and as I've already got SS's Snow Day Lara I just don't need another right now.

Not sure if I'll pick her up down the road, but if the in-hand shots are great she'll sure be hard to resist.

JSeals
04-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Ah? I didn'nt get any notice!

Same here! Hope I get mine soon :penguin:

CommanderZx2
04-26-2014, 01:42 AM
I am so tempted to buy this statue, as I really want one based on the game... but I just wish they had used a more interesting pose.

Gannon
04-26-2014, 03:51 AM
Thanks! Hoping it looks even better than the pics. See how it holds up when it arrives. if i decide not to keep it I will do a review on it before it goes so it has some reference for everyone interested in the piece. :thumbs2:

I got notice - but its only the payment plan notice, not the final payment notice.

Sithlord32
04-26-2014, 05:10 PM
I got notice - but its only the payment plan notice, not the final payment notice.
Yeah but it takes roughly the same amount of time for it to ship as it does for the two payments but I already paid it in full the notice was for my final payment to be charged may 1st. So I would assume it will ship not too far in the future after.

vinnnie
05-28-2014, 03:12 PM
FYI:

Q: When is the Lara going to ship?
A: Lara is going to be ready around late June to early July.

Got the answer from Airy (Gaming Heads).

Snadinator
05-28-2014, 03:31 PM

Please post pics. I look forward to seeing this in hand.

Sithlord32
05-28-2014, 06:53 PM
Please post pics. I look forward to seeing this in hand.

Soon as I get her I will do a review!

It's Sisko
05-29-2014, 09:26 PM
Soon as I get her I will do a review!

Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it! I had to pass, but this looks like it's going to be great.

Sithlord32
05-29-2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks, I'll be looking forward to it! I had to pass, but this looks like it's going to be great.

I agree. one of my most anticipated pieces of the year. Always loved the games and the character and this representation of her fits my build almost to a T. SS is also amazing though id be happy with either but this is half the cost so I decided to go with her. Plus GH seems to do a excellent job with their lines.

It's Sisko
05-29-2014, 10:40 PM
I agree. one of my most anticipated pieces of the year. Always loved the games and the character and this representation of her fits my build almost to a T. SS is also amazing though id be happy with either but this is half the cost so I decided to go with her. Plus GH seems to do a excellent job with their lines.

I completely agree, they really seem to take care of their fans. I'm so glad they are starting to put out more lines now too. So far I only have their Jak & Daxter statue, which I absolutely love. I would have picked this up if Sideshow weren't putting out so many PO's this year. I can't keep up! I'm sure she's going to be amazing though, so congrats. :thumbs2:

Sledge Hammer!
06-11-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this one turns out.

If it turns out really well I may have to bite, as the EX is still available on their site.

CommanderZx2
06-11-2014, 09:22 AM
It says release date is Q2 2014 so it should be releasing soon.

It's Sisko
06-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Gaming heads just posted these on their Facebook page. She looks great!

https://scontent-a-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10406759_10152185454170028_6315893646667953362_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10460704_10152185454365028_8483701084944684008_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1554390_10152185454100028_4784430174724614291_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10167937_10152185454140028_4143544262167728273_n.jpg?oh=50c3159e933196ac147fd4d91f1695b3&oe=541FEED4&__gda__=1412050006_9baa67d3fae4380d2300e6d7d22576dd

Gannon
06-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Gaming heads just posted these on their Facebook page. She looks great!

https://scontent-a-nrt.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10406759_10152185454170028_6315893646667953362_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10460704_10152185454365028_8483701084944684008_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/1554390_10152185454100028_4784430174724614291_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10167937_10152185454140028_4143544262167728273_n.jpg?oh=50c3159e933196ac147fd4d91f1695b3&oe=541FEED4&__gda__=1412050006_9baa67d3fae4380d2300e6d7d22576dd

Lovely! thanks for posting!

CommanderZx2
06-13-2014, 02:52 PM
The reds on her face (blood?) look to be much brighter than in the pictures on the Gaming Heads store.

CessnaDriver
06-14-2014, 01:06 AM
Reminds me of the terracotta Chinese soldiers all lined up like that.

CessnaDriver
06-14-2014, 01:07 AM
OH, and I see mine. Just over there.

LionHeart717
06-14-2014, 01:29 AM
OH, and I see mine. Just over there.

You must be mistaken, that one is clearly mine. :D

Anyways, I'm really happy to see the quick turn a round with Gaming Head's statues. Hopefully this carries over to the Mass Effect line.

I and I
06-14-2014, 02:08 AM
The reds on her face (blood?) look to be much brighter than in the pictures on the Gaming Heads store.

could be due to various things; different lighting, camera, ...

I can't wait to receive mine :D

ReplicantSavior
06-14-2014, 08:01 PM
This looks a lot better than I thought it would. Hmm...What to do.

Larry
06-14-2014, 09:49 PM
Weird. I wasn't really into the promo pics, but I like what I see in production. That's backwards :laugh: I like it.

jedi_don
06-16-2014, 10:28 PM
Factory pics look good. Can't wait to get this in hand.

jedi_don
07-07-2014, 10:38 PM
I hope these are on the boat from China. I am eager to get mine.

VS1976
07-08-2014, 12:22 AM
Sadly I had to cancel this.

built2shred
07-08-2014, 02:47 AM
Sadly I had to cancel this.

Yep I did the same, I've been buying way to much stuff lately..... As much as I liked this statue it wasn't a must have for me. Next several months I have 7 flex payments going on plus I just spent $2k on SS 12" Star Wars dolls....

vinnnie
07-08-2014, 03:15 PM
Have the exclusive on order, just waiting for the last flexpaymentrequest (will be send out when they arrive at their warehouse) and hopefully she will be here soon! I'm curious to see if she fits in my current Tomb Raider collection.

vinnnie
07-21-2014, 07:44 AM
Anyone got any news on this before I email them? They should have been ready late june/early july'14...

Armored_Berserk
07-21-2014, 02:50 PM
Anyone got any news on this before I email them? They should have been ready late june/early july'14...

They said on facebook that she won't be shipped before end of july/early august

Sithlord32
07-27-2014, 11:34 AM
No GH at all at SDCC? Havent seen any pics from them at all. :(

Silas Loki
07-27-2014, 11:56 AM
Isn't GH a relatively new company? I would have surprised to see these guys at the SDCC!?!

dao2
07-27-2014, 01:39 PM
Their ME stuff was at SDCC. Sort of new...

CommanderZx2
07-27-2014, 01:42 PM
Apparently their products were on display at Ani-Com, 25-29 July, in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if anyone here went there.

Sithlord32
07-27-2014, 03:41 PM
Isn't GH a relatively new company? I would have surprised to see these guys at the SDCC!?!

Yeah I guess they need to raise their batting average before being at the con of cons.

Apparently their products were on display at Ani-Com, 25-29 July, in Hong Kong. I'm not sure if anyone here went there.
Roger that. Thanks for the info.

CommanderZx2
07-27-2014, 05:04 PM
Yeah I guess they need to raise their batting average before being at the con of cons.

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

After hours of searching I managed to find the following pictures, unfortunately they didn't really take any of Lara.

http://i.imgur.com/8cQcFOQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yAoq3sl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ARonRUP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NJDykEh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bvsd2Vz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KWm3g2q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wt0ITfz.jpg

Sledge Hammer!
07-27-2014, 05:37 PM
Thanks for sharing. Really looking forward to the Mass Effect pieces.

TheYoungWolf
07-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Whoa, that one piece, third from the bottom (hooded archer drawing his bow), hasn't even been announced yet. Looks like the Nightingale armor from Skyrim. Awesome news, thanks for the pictures!

Sithlord32
07-27-2014, 07:37 PM
After hours of searching I managed to find the following pictures, unfortunately they didn't really take any of Lara.

http://i.imgur.com/8cQcFOQ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yAoq3sl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ARonRUP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/NJDykEh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Bvsd2Vz.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KWm3g2q.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wt0ITfz.jpg

I think they stand up to everyone elses products.Wish we could see more of those thanks for looking for those pics. that Elder Scrolls Brenton looks awesome.

It's Sisko
07-29-2014, 06:48 AM
I just stumbled across this unboxing video of Lara! Enjoy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfg0ONwYi4

vinnnie
07-29-2014, 06:57 AM
That's quick, I'm still waiting for the last payment quote :\ but I guess we EU people will get those when ours arrive at their EU warehouse.
From what I've seen in the vid she looks good, only worrying about the eyes and I hope the hairstrands wont arrive broken.

dao2
07-29-2014, 10:25 AM
Yeah mine still says pending :< I ordered pretty late though.

LionHeart717
07-29-2014, 05:01 PM
I just stumbled across this unboxing video of Lara! Enjoy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEfg0ONwYi4

Thanks Sisco. I can't say that I'm very happy with the production pieces though. Here's a side by side comparison using screenshots from the video.
http://i.imgur.com/rFTMcXR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/aQnkUtP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/i5OkvD2.jpg

Sadly, I'm not sure I want to keep my order. :(

Silas Loki
07-29-2014, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't be so hasty to walk away.

Firstly, you're production statue is never going to be like the artist proof, the question is always going to be, "how close can it get?"

Secondary, the artist proof is photographed under strict / controlled lighting conditions, to bring out the best features of the statue....no quick YouTube video is ever going to match that! That might explain some of the colour bleed you see in the eyes for example.

Thirdly, I personally think the skin texture is better on the production figure. We know Laura went through some rough shazz in the game, but nothing that made her skin look like parchment!!

Finally, I think, even if the statue paint apps are not 100%, in this specific case, she could be "touched up" around the face to improve the finish.....this might be too extreme a step for most people though!

LionHeart717
07-29-2014, 05:18 PM
I wouldn't be so hasty to walk away.

Firstly, you're production statue is never going to be like the artist proof, the question is always going to be, "how close can it get?"

Secondary, the artist proof is photographed under strict / controlled lighting conditions, to bring out the best features of the statue....no quick YouTube video is ever going to match that! That might explain some of the colour bleed you see in the eyes for example.

Thirdly, I personally think the skin texture is better on the production figure. We know Laura went through some rough shazz in the game, but nothing that made her skin look like parchment!!

Finally, I think, even if the statue paint apps are not 100%, in this specific case, she could be "touched up" around the face to improve the finish.....this might be too extreme a step for most people though!

I appreciate the optimism. I haven't walked away just yet, as I would still like to see some good in hand pics. It's just the face that is bothering me. I'm not crazy about the eyes or lips on the production piece.

Sledge Hammer!
07-29-2014, 07:03 PM
I'd be lying if I said these pics weren't concerning, but we'll see...

built2shred
07-29-2014, 07:39 PM
The biggest letdown is the blood effects, they really toned them down for the production version. So much so it doesn't really look like blood anymore..

I'll wait and see some more pictures but I'm kind of glad I cancelled mine. Although this now has me a bit worried for the Mass Effect statues now.

CommanderZx2
07-29-2014, 08:17 PM
The entire face sculpt looks different, I wonder if it was changed to match the definitive edition re-release of the game.

dao2
07-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Actually it looks exactly the same, the first picture is way off cause it was taken way too close. The rest look the same, the lips don't seem as puffy because of paint.

built2shred
07-29-2014, 08:45 PM
Another big difference is the hair, in the prototype it has much more definition you can see the various strands in the production piece the hair is all clumped together in big pieces... I need better pictures though for final verdict but so far I'm a bit disappointed..

Sithlord32
07-29-2014, 09:05 PM
I dont belive GH would put out a product that far off from the Prototype. Everything they have released has been solid and I am guessing she will look much better than what is shown in that video. Something to speculate for sure. If she looks like she does in the video I will return her immediately. Not taking a hit for QC anymore if im not satisfied with any piece from anyone if bought directly its going back.

dao2
07-29-2014, 11:58 PM
Hair is the same, some definition does look lost (and invariably some will be because of casting) but we'll see how much is video and how much is paint.

CessnaDriver
07-30-2014, 12:23 AM
Earlier in the thread, these pics seemed to look good to everyone.

Silas Loki
07-30-2014, 12:37 AM
That YouTube video just isn't enough to base a judgement on. Poor lighting, poor camera work (filmed using one hand), and issues with zoom control and focus....but I guess we'll see.

Viper2005
07-30-2014, 04:58 AM
Thanks Sisco. I can't say that I'm very happy with the production pieces though. Here's a side by side comparison using screenshots from the video.
<snip>

Sadly, I'm not sure I want to keep my order. :(

Yeah it doesn't look too good. It does seem to have lost a lot of detail both in sculpt and the paint compared to the proto. But it may be due to the poor picture quality of the video. We'll have to wait for some still pictures of the release.

loricstone
07-30-2014, 12:00 PM
I think this is a mighty close paint up to the original. The problem is (and like Silas stated) multiple factors can play into the first video footage.

The only thing that it seems lacking is more dirtiness to her. Its like the blood is there, but there is not as much dirt and grime on her that would give the statue more realism or depth.

But my goodness, I just don't see the non-likeness or hair arguments with this. I think this looks damn near exactly like what was shown you were going to receive.

The only thing that can use enhancing is the dirt and grime over more of her face and upper body.

Nice looking statue.

I have to add this....the paint up on this is much better than the SS paint up on the new Gladiator Hulk's SHIELD!!! Miles betta!

MostStrange
07-30-2014, 04:37 PM
That's my video. I apologise for not doing it justice. It actually looks fantastic. It wasn't meant to be a review- I usually collect 1/8 scale anime figures, so I was just documenting my first 1/4 scale purchase. And having Marceline in need of attention didn't give me long enough to locate my tripod. My only criticism of the figure is that when you tilt the statue back and look at the eyes up close they seem very red. This effect is lost when she's standing normally for some reason. That, and I had to dig a little paint out of the hand connection points to get them to sit flush.

I thought I'd be getting mine much later than everybody, because I'm in Australia, but I didn't realise they were shipping from China.

Again, really sorry. In reality, she's much nicer than my video.

LionHeart717
07-30-2014, 04:52 PM
That's my video. I apologise for not doing it justice. It actually looks fantastic. It wasn't meant to be a review- I usually collect 1/8 scale anime figures, so I was just documenting my first 1/4 scale purchase. And having Marceline in need of attention didn't give me long enough to locate my tripod. My only criticism of the figure is that when you tilt the statue back and look at the eyes up close they seem very red. This effect is lost when she's standing normally for some reason. That, and I had to dig a little paint out of the hand connection points to get them to sit flush.

I thought I'd be getting mine much later than everybody, because I'm in Australia, but I didn't realise they were shipping from China.

Again, really sorry. In reality, she's much nicer than my video.

No need to apologize. You gave everyone here a first look at the statue, so we thank you for that.

MostStrange
07-31-2014, 05:24 AM
Here's the same statue from my video. It's still a terrible photo, but hopefully it dispels some of the false information offered by that screenshot. It's hard to explain. Despite the video, looking at the statue in person looks much closer to the prototype than the photoset ripped from the vid.

Wait for someone with stead hands, unlike me :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1kYuX0mBIZI/U9oKQk7BVTI/AAAAAAAAM0s/BsFU7fmjxgc/w506-h675/headshot.jpg

Sithlord32
07-31-2014, 08:17 PM
Here's the same statue from my video. It's still a terrible photo, but hopefully it dispels some of the false information offered by that screenshot. It's hard to explain. Despite the video, looking at the statue in person looks much closer to the prototype than the photoset ripped from the vid.

Wait for someone with stead hands, unlike me :D

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1kYuX0mBIZI/U9oKQk7BVTI/AAAAAAAAM0s/BsFU7fmjxgc/w506-h675/headshot.jpg

Been waiting for mine to arrive. I still plan on doing a review of her in close proximity to her arrival date.

MostStrange
08-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Here's a quick album of shots I took:

https://plus.google.com/photos/118127005109965798595/albums/6042452374374031361

SkyPirate82
08-03-2014, 11:21 AM
Here's a quick album of shots I took:

https://plus.google.com/photos/118127005109965798595/albums/6042452374374031361

Thanks for the pics. I think she turned out really well.

Gannon
08-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the pics. I think she turned out really well.

Totally agreed! Other guys blowing things out of proportion. She came out very nicely - definitely keeping my order.

built2shred
08-03-2014, 11:17 PM
I think the biggest difference is that on the prototype they did an awesome job with the details of the dried blood on her skin along with the dirt... The production version's blood looks like they just kind of put some red paint on her and called it a day..

Still nice statue though...

Sithlord32
08-04-2014, 07:16 AM
I think the biggest difference is that on the prototype they did an awesome job with the details of the dried blood on her skin along with the dirt... The production version's blood looks like they just kind of put some red paint on her and called it a day..

Still nice statue though...

I agree. There appears to really be very little dirt like in the proto just the blood. Its hard to tell the diffrence between what dirt there is and shadowing.

MostStrange
08-04-2014, 05:31 PM
I agree. There appears to really be very little dirt like in the proto just the blood. Its hard to tell the diffrence between what dirt there is and shadowing.

Her skin has a dirt wash over it that doesn't show up well with my camera. It's not as dark as the prototype images, but it seems more realistic. I like it.

randy_marsh
08-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Anyone on the east coast of the US get these??, I'm thinking I must have charged this on a credit card I had to cancel due to losing it. Might have to get this beauty on the bay.

LionHeart717
08-08-2014, 06:32 PM
Anyone on the east coast of the US get these??, I'm thinking I must have charged this on a credit card I had to cancel due to losing it. Might have to get this beauty on the bay.

I think they'll start arriving in the states early to mid September. Regarding the credit card, just update your payment method on their website to a current card and you'll be fine.

randy_marsh
08-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I think they'll start arriving in the states early to mid September. Regarding the credit card, just update your payment method on their website to a current card and you'll be fine.

Oh okay thanks a lot I didn't realize a shipment was still that far off.

Viper2005
08-09-2014, 04:56 AM
The statue turned out ok, details of the sculpt are still there!
Paint job looks decent, but my only complaint would be that she looks like she has a bad case of pinkeye.

JAMESTALKALOT
10-26-2014, 05:54 PM
I did a review of this statue.

http://youtu.be/8ff56mUF7RQ
(http://youtu.be/8ff56mUF7RQ)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/JAMESTALKALOT/Laracrofta_zpscc02006e.jpg~original

JSeals
10-26-2014, 07:23 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v194/JAMESTALKALOT/Laracrofta_zpscc02006e.jpg~original

Thanks for the video review!

jedi_don
10-27-2014, 01:24 AM
I like mine, but like the Sideshow battle damaged T-800 PF, the pigment used for Lara's flesh tone is strange. It looks good in natural light, but under flourescent or with my digital camera, the color looks off. There's something about the pigment that reacts quite diferently between natrual and artificial light.

NovisNoah
10-29-2014, 01:00 PM

Wow! She looks good. Now 'm tempted to buy one.
Thanks for the review.

JSeals
10-29-2014, 03:59 PM
I like mine, but like the Sideshow battle damaged T-800 PF, the pigment used for Lara's flesh tone is strange. It looks good in natural light, but under flourescent or with my digital camera, the color looks off. There's something about the pigment that reacts quite diferently between natrual and artificial light.

Received mine today. Excellent sculpt and great paint job. Now I completely understand what you mean by the pigment of her skin.

GH did a great job with this piece.

Looking forward to the my Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, and Sly Cooper statues! :vortex:

BornFreeSF
10-29-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm so excited.

Sithlord32
10-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Received mine today. Excellent sculpt and great paint job. Now I completely understand what you mean by the pigment of her skin.

GH did a great job with this piece.

Looking forward to the my Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect, and Sly Cooper statues! :vortex:

Received mine as well it looks excellent. No complaints about it al all plus I got a pretty low number #13

Sithlord32
10-30-2014, 05:50 AM
http://i.imgur.com/gmurgWf.png

http://i.imgur.com/pczlQJs.png

http://i.imgur.com/EiPONna.png

http://i.imgur.com/I2icg35.png

JAMESTALKALOT
10-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the video review!

I'm glad it was of some use. It would be a shame to have people sitting on the fence with this piece, only for it to sell out when they finally find out it's actually a great statue.

I was one of those people waiting for better pics to come along. But I took a chance on it... So when I got it? I had to make sure word was out asap. :)

JSeals
10-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Received mine as well it looks excellent. No complaints about it al all plus I got a pretty low number #13

Nice pics. Now we know who has #13 and #36 (me).

:)

CessnaDriver
10-30-2014, 05:56 PM
I got a nice round exclusive number so I did register it with them, any future Tomb Raider stuff from them I would like the same number.

I am displaying with the gun. I thought it odd they gave her the bow but no arrows?

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii44/CessnaDriver/IMG_4220.jpg

jye318
10-30-2014, 06:30 PM
cant wait to open my today!!

randy_marsh
10-30-2014, 07:48 PM
I guess the bbts didn't come with a gun becuase I can't find it in my box ah well still very happy with her.

CessnaDriver
10-30-2014, 07:52 PM
I guess the bbts didn't come with a gun becuase I can't find it in my box ah well still very happy with her.

Did they sell the exclusive?
I think you had to order from Gamingheads.com to get it.
My box has "exclusive" written all over it.

randy_marsh
10-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Did they sell the exclusive?
I think you had to order from Gamingheads.com to get it.
My box has "exclusive" written all over it.

Yeah, I think this is just the regular version didn't think of that thanks.

BornFreeSF
10-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Bought the exclusive from Gaming Heads too.

I got converted from waitlist pretty quick because of all the scare mongering but I had faith :)

NovisNoah
11-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Those awesome pics made me buy one. :p

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7515/15082159943_c8e90a0484_c.jpg

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5602/15515640169_2415e2b183_c.jpg

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3938/15081567754_dc5452f028_c.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7492/15516132528_8473bd4b7c_c.jpg

I and I
11-03-2014, 12:47 PM
finally got word that ours is shipped :D can't wait to have this beauty in our collection ^_^

CessnaDriver
11-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Just a thought, show me another statue especially female subjects where the character is this effed up from an ordeal/adventure?

I"m loving on this statue even more because of that.

Remember Me?
11-04-2014, 12:23 AM
I wish the face was more like the prototype.

vinnnie
11-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Finally got mine in today... quick phone pic in the night: http://oi60.tinypic.com/b80msp.jpg

Overall very pleased to have her. Now to find a spot for her...

BornFreeSF
11-06-2014, 06:07 PM
I got her too. I think it's a great statue.

Pink eye could have been more red/bloodshot.

Poorest part is her portrait. She looks different from the game.

Don't get me wrong. Overall I think it's a strong statue. But when you put the portraits side by side (in game and statue) her face is different. She looks more Asian and her nose is off a bit.

But I won't be studying her face in detail when it sits on my shelf. I'll be admiring it as a whole. If that makes any sense.

jye318
11-07-2014, 04:03 AM
She looks good in detolf, and I love asian girl lol

http://i1103.photobucket.com/albums/g466/jyejye0318/D1C3235F-A249-43CA-9D21-016CED59478C.jpg (http://s1103.photobucket.com/user/jyejye0318/media/D1C3235F-A249-43CA-9D21-016CED59478C.jpg.html)

vinnnie
11-08-2014, 08:26 AM
She kinda fits in with the rest of the TR statues...

http://oi57.tinypic.com/25zhyz6.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/qx1gnd.jpg

Grayfox117
11-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Love your Tomb Raider collection Vinnnie!
I always wanted a Muckle , if I had the room/money I'd get this one

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/tr-1_zpsplczvgxy.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/tr-1_zpsplczvgxy.jpg.html)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151459583640?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Dahwaf
11-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Woah, that's an amazing collection, Vinnie!

vinnnie
11-08-2014, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys. Took a couple of better pics of Survivor Lara to put in my collectionthread. I don't have a problem with the eyes at all. Close up pic (focus) on mine:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/350scpe.jpg

BornFreeSF
11-08-2014, 03:25 PM
She kinda fits in with the rest of the TR statues...

http://oi57.tinypic.com/25zhyz6.jpg

http://oi57.tinypic.com/qx1gnd.jpg

Oh cool, a TR expert!

What are your thoughts on this statue?

Ohrai_Fan
11-08-2014, 04:06 PM
I'm thoroughly happy with mine. The detail is really spectacular. The paint they used for the wound on her left side makes it look like a fresh wound with wet blood. Great value for the price it was sold at in my opinion.

qz33
11-08-2014, 11:35 PM
I wish the face was more like the prototype.

I was thinking the same thing until I went back and really looked at GamingHead's pics. She just didn't look like I remembered even in those pics.

Looked at mine and the pics and really could not find an unacceptable difference. Of course as expected there is a quality difference between mass produced and prototype.

Still stands that the only figure I own that does not seem true is Sideshow's Red Sonja and it is my first PF from them.

BornFreeSF
11-14-2014, 08:26 PM
Here's mine:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10268570_553880394755834_4199327837519860360_n.jpg?oh=c6191a51863ebd4a3ffb9a6743061855&oe=54E7F8FF&__gda__=1428124879_b3f772b5f063820d5c71329465ca566b

jedi_don
11-21-2014, 08:32 PM
I had some rearranging to do and removed a couple of small pieces. But now I have the Gaming Heads Lara at home in my "Croft Corner"

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/collection/croft-corner_zps6a5ecac4.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x186/jedimastr99/collection/IMG_0389_zpsc4eebd64.jpg

BornFreeSF
02-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Finally got round to my own little review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKzfNHzddr4&list=UU6HhQr-HnfHuOF7MOMU-QcA

Great statue! Sadly, thought they could have done better with the face sculpt. But overall I like it a lot.

WARNING: I was super tired, in the process of moving apartments.

http://i.imgur.com/QMCItmG.jpg

Honored Knight
08-01-2015, 09:36 AM
I was really concerned about the "pink eye" and paint application on the face. I finally bit the bullet and pulled the trigger though. I'll let you guys know how things turn out after inspecting in person.

Swordsman
08-11-2015, 12:15 PM
Didn't like the face that's why i didn't buy.

It could have been my 1st gaming heads statue.

Honored Knight
08-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Well, unboxed Lara today and overall I'm very happy. The paint application could have been better, but it's still a very nice piece. Pictures and videos really don't do her just justice. She looks much better in person. Definitely a collectible that needs to be in hand to truly appreciate. I found that the more I looked at her the more I liked what I was seeing. The statue looks amazing from a distance. Excellent sculpt in my opinion. I was very hesitant and nervous about buying her, but really glad I did. :thumbs2:

JSeals
08-11-2015, 05:16 PM
I know what you mean, HK. I'm glad you like her. She's one of my faves too. :)

I was going to post pics of mine when i received her when she was released, but the paint around her eyes always came out much more prominent in the pics than it really is.

Honored Knight
08-11-2015, 05:28 PM
I know what you mean, HK. I'm glad you like her. She's one of my faves too. :)

I was going to post pics of mine when i received her when she was released, but the paint around her eyes always came out much more prominent in the pics than it really is.

I hope the image I posted looks okay? It's so hard for me to take a decent picture. My camera's over a decade old. Lol! :p

dao2
08-11-2015, 06:28 PM
your picture is pretty clear ;p though thats the trouble with super close up images, you will never actually see that. I'm sure to you in person it doesn't look googly eyed at all but it actually is a bit.

dao2
08-11-2015, 06:30 PM
here face isn't that bad, but a letdown. The dirt marks are weird and too thick, and nothing closed to what they showed:

http://www.gamingheads.com/images/stories/products/TRLC/horizontal_09.jpg

normally gamingheads is better than that..

TheYoungWolf
08-11-2015, 10:21 PM
here face isn't that bad, but a letdown. The dirt marks are weird and too thick, and nothing closed to what they showed:

http://www.gamingheads.com/images/stories/products/TRLC/horizontal_09.jpg

normally gamingheads is better than that..

Agreed. Though it is somewhat mitigated by the fact that you can get her for a steal if you do some shopping around. Don't recall when exactly, but there was even a period of time where BBTS offered her for 50% off.

GH has expressed interest in making a Lara based on her new look in Rise, so I'll be picking that one up along with their Temple of Osiris version to get my fix.

Honored Knight
08-14-2015, 08:46 AM
your picture is pretty clear ;p though thats the trouble with super close up images, you will never actually see that. I'm sure to you in person it doesn't look googly eyed at all but it actually is a bit.

Thanks! I had Lara laying on a flat surface when I snapped the picture. Thus her head was tilted back. When she is standing upright on the base her head is tilted down. This negates the googly eyes.

OrangeCrush
08-14-2015, 01:59 PM
I am torn with this piece. I am a HUGE Lara Croft fan, but the skin color really irks me with this piece. It appears to have a greenish/yellow skin tone that really looks unattractive. I will need to see some more in hand pictures before I am able to decide. Love the pose and it looks high in quality. Again, I just can't seem to get past the skin tone. Totally killing it for me.

Honored Knight
08-18-2015, 02:57 PM
Got some bad news... After comparing mine to the prototype, other people's photos and videos I discovered a major problem. The hair on my statue has a large rough patch. I thought this was normal at first, so ignored it. Then after seeing how smooth the hair is on everyone else's I contacted Gaming Heads. Sure enough they said it wasn't normal and in fact defected. I was told to break my original statue into pieces which I did. :bawling: Thankfully, they are sending me a replacement. :cool:

dao2
08-18-2015, 03:54 PM
well you're getting a replacement so that's great :)

Honored Knight
08-19-2015, 07:45 AM
well you're getting a replacement so that's great :)

Gaming Heads has awesome customer service. :)

enigmatikone
10-14-2015, 01:29 PM
BBTS has her for $70 off list, so I had to get her

I JUST HAD TO

http://i.imgur.com/4jTagmU.jpg

FearlessJay
11-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Gotta admit. I love my statue. I got mine at BBTS too. Couldn't pass her up at their price. I do agree with some paint issues (mainly the grime and blood), but those are hardly noticeable when standing at a normal distance. I've done a full video review here:

https://youtu.be/bFvs7Dtn9Ew

Honored Knight
03-01-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm glad I have this, because you sure won't find her now unless you hit up eBay. I wonder if they will make a Rise of the Tomb Raider version? Btw... the replacement they sent me was flawless. :)

btraff
03-01-2016, 06:43 PM
I wish I would have pulled the trigger on this one after finally getting to the 2013 reboot and Rise. eBay prices are kinda yucky right now (and limited) so I might show up here in the B/S/T forum soon :-)

-Ace-
03-09-2016, 03:10 PM
Gotta admit. I love my statue. I got mine at BBTS too. Couldn't pass her up at their price. I do agree with some paint issues (mainly the grime and blood), but those are hardly noticeable when standing at a normal distance. I've done a full video review here:

https://youtu.be/bFvs7Dtn9Ew

Excellent video! Couldn't agree with you more. Can you tell me what exact turntable thingy you are using? I would like to get one of those.

OrangeCrush
03-09-2016, 04:43 PM
I am ultimately glad I passed on this. I already have a PF Lara Croft and will soon have the new Gaming Heads version. On top of that, I am sure we will see a Rise of the Tomb raider statue somewhere down the line. Sideshow hasn't made a TR statue in some time so it wouldn't surprise me if Sideshow produced one sometime soon. This piece just didn't do enough for me and I still can't get past the overall skin tone. Where some statues tend to grow on you, this statue really went the other direction. I like it less and less as time goes on.

qz33
03-18-2016, 09:37 AM
It's a bit too far from the prototype but it's hard to pinpoint exactly how the paint and casting went wrong.

ukshaun
11-20-2021, 08:08 AM
I stumbled across one of these on ebay today. The seller wants $1175.00 for an item BBTS once had on sale for $249.00 :laugh:

Bar the crazy high price, the piece looks nice enough. Then i found some proto pic's along with a link to this thread (i swung-into this thread via Google). The dirt and blood on the face appear to have been factory watered down. For $249.00 i would be happy to had this piece to my collection. For $1175.00 the seller can take a run-and-jump.

/please excuse the pun's