PDA

View Full Version : Proof of Ghosts

DDura711
08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
http://www.wimp.com/proof/

Okay maybe it's not REAL hard core proof, but I thought it was pretty cool to watch. It's easy to say that a lot of things can be digitally done today with computers but it's still worth checking out.

Sniper
08-17-2005, 10:38 PM
wow spooky!!!

sellin71
08-18-2005, 12:05 AM
Ok, I think I am going to open the flood gates, but I swear I saw a ghost when I was a kid. I don't remember too much from my childhood, but that is one memory I will never forget.

Tetragrammaton
08-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I have seen a visual hallucination once during a high fever but no ghosts, sorry.

Ghost
08-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Guys guys, the proof is right here!

<---------- Ghost!

Bullseye
08-18-2005, 03:49 PM
I've seen a real ghost. Only the once though.

lord odin
08-18-2005, 05:10 PM
I don`t worry about "ghosts" It`s the "real" people you have to worry about.

Bartman256
08-18-2005, 06:38 PM
Pretty cool. I love this stuff! Thanks Dan

Dr.V2005
08-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Very creepy!

Zurbaran1
08-18-2005, 07:10 PM
wow spooky!!!

Why? One of them look like you? :laugh:

furie
08-18-2005, 09:49 PM
Good stuff!

devlinboy
07-23-2007, 12:04 PM
speaking of ghosts, now that primal ressurected this thread...what happened to GHOST?? the member???

Primal
07-23-2007, 12:08 PM
speaking of ghosts, now that primal ressurected this thread...what happened to GHOST?? the member???

He's just taking a break from the hobby. If you notice, he stopped at post 10,000.

Actually...it looks like a post has been deleted so it's down to 9,999. :laugh:

devlinboy
07-23-2007, 12:16 PM
yeah i saw the 9,999 i figured he stopped before 10,000 . i like ghost i hope he comes back soon. he was a cool guy.

Primal
07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
yeah i saw the 9,999 i figured he stopped before 10,000 . i like ghost i hope he comes back soon. he was a cool guy.

Definitely a cool dude. I'll send your regards.

devlinboy
07-23-2007, 12:41 PM
thanks bro , tell him i said whats up

ant-man
07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
definitely...have seen ghosts....Bed & Breakfast in Savanahh, Georgia & my home was haunted by a ghost as a child. so...im on the side of believing...:peoples:

patrickwm68
07-23-2007, 01:50 PM
Why would anyone believe that's real? Trick photography and a wire attached to the door to make it close.

spider-man
07-23-2007, 02:25 PM
That was pretty cool. I knew it was only a matter of time before they did that last scene.

Endless Wake
07-23-2007, 02:47 PM
Never saw any actual ghosts myself, but twice after wakes I dreamed the exact wake replaying but with the deceased person watching silently in a seat.

Devils Drifter
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
I saw and heard one (or many) ghost once.

I was in my cousin's house when I was younger and I woke up for some reason and I went looking for my grandmother's room. I walked past my cousins room and looked inside and one of those toy dog puppies that bark and then sit was walking around on a table she had in her room. This was early in the morning, about 2-4 in the morning and everyone was asleep. Anyway I hightailed it to my grandmothers room and in the morning I checked the dog out and he had no batteries.In the same house I also heard someone yell my name and slam a door behind me but I was the only one in the house at the time.

And of course I had one that involved a clown. My mother had hung a painting of a clown over my bed when I was young. I was terrified of this thing. I couldn't touch it because I was so afraid of it. Anyway one night I'm sleeping and again this is late at night/early morning and for some reason I just open my eyes. Guess what falls flat on my face 5 seconds later, the freaking Clown!!! I've never felt true terror like that in my life before or after again. Even thinking about it right now gives me the creeps. Anyway those are my close encounters.

- DD

Teague
07-24-2007, 10:54 PM
And of course I had one that involved a clown. My mother had hung a painting of a clown over my bed when I was young. I was terrified of this thing. I couldn't touch it because I was so afraid of it. Anyway one night I'm sleeping and again this is late at night/early morning and for some reason I just open my eyes. Guess what falls flat on my face 5 seconds later, the freaking Clown!!! I've never felt true terror like that in my life before or after again. Even thinking about it right now gives me the creeps. Anyway those are my close encounters.

- DD

GAH! I freakin' hate clowns! That must have scared you to death!

Teague
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Never saw any actual ghosts myself, but twice after wakes I dreamed the exact wake replaying but with the deceased person watching silently in a seat.

Wow, EW...that's sort of cool, actually. It would be nice to think that the deceased are there in spirit, hanging out with their friends and family together to remember them...

Count me in on the believers side, too. Too many encounters to even begin to recount, both personally and in my family.

patrickwm68
07-24-2007, 10:56 PM
Unless a ghost actually appears in front of me I find it very hard to believe. Doctored photos, dust particles (orbs), people whispering into tape recorders, wires tied to doors and chairs to make them move, creaking caused by houses settling, and overactive imaginations isn't going to convince me.

Ghosthunters almost had me convinced until I watched them in the Manson house. It was embarassing. "If you're here make the temp drop to 62 deg", "Make the light blink twice for yes", give me a break.

Teague
07-24-2007, 11:01 PM
Unless a ghost actually appears in front of me I find it very hard to believe. Doctored photos, dust particles (orbs), people whispering into tape recorders, wires tied to doors and chairs to make them move, creaking caused by houses settling, and overactive imaginations isn't going to convince me.

Ghosthunters almost had me convinced until I watched them in the Manson house. It was embarassing. "If you're here make the temp drop to 62 deg", "Make the light blink twice for yes", give me a break.

I honestly think that the only way people really believe in ghosts (or supernatural stuff in general) is to have it happen to them. Hearing about stuff that other people experienced might convince you intellectually, or move you to accept that it's possible that such phenomena "real"--but I firmly believe that no one really believes it until they witness it for themselves. And maybe that's the way it should be.

And yeah, that Ghost Hunters show is just silly sometimes. :D

patrickwm68
07-24-2007, 11:19 PM
I honestly think that the only way people really believe in ghosts (or supernatural stuff in general) is to have it happen to them. Hearing about stuff that other people experienced might convince you intellectually, or move you to accept that it's possible that such phenomena "real"--but I firmly believe that no one really believes it until they witness it for themselves. And maybe that's the way it should be.

And yeah, that Ghost Hunters show is just silly sometimes. :D

When I was real young, probably about 7 or 8, I would wake up in a cold sweat and run out of my room screaming thinking I saw people after me. Turned out it was night terrors, a common occurance in children. That could have easily been mistaken as seeing ghosts.

If someone puts you in a quiet pitch black room with just a flashlight you're bound to hear and see things that aren't really there.

riderV3
07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
I don't want to deny the existence of ghosts, I simplt can't...
Though I never seen one myself but my grandma seen them, A LOT of them...

She was 70 something years old, and she was very ill.
She loved spicy food but that ruins her stomach and cost her a 12 hours operation and had her stomach removed.
After the big operation, she stayed in the hospital for like a month or two in one of those special wards.

Just to let you know, though my grandama was physically weak at the moment, she's still a mentally healthy and smart woman.
One night before we left the ward she asked us to stay, she was truely frightened....

She told us there're "things", people-like things in the room when they shut the lights in the hospital...
They came out form air vents, some hook on windows and ceiling and some came out under her bed...

We weren't sure what she meant but one thing for sure is she's truly, awfully terrified.
She told us those things were there since the first day she moved into this ward. But she kept it for herself and afraid that'll bother us.
she was being considerate but she said she simply cannot stand it anymore...
She said they swing their hook-like arms trying to grab her, some have human looking hand and was trying to toutch her, some wave at her and some jump up and down ON the ceiling like monkies...

We stayed with her and didn't sleep that night. She was pointing out "ghosts" we can't see thoughout the whole night.

She wan't lying and her eyes were shiny, clear and conscious. She would wave her arms and yell Go AWAY! Or use book, pillow of some sort as defense.
She would constantly inspect the room like a soildier in battle field. And you can tell her eyes was indeed focus on something, something we can't see.
We were frightened as she pointing out things in the corner doing things...

But after that night, her condition started getting better and better so she left the special ward.
She then never seen any of those "ghosts" anymore, but she said she'll never forget that, like a living nightmare.

She's still alive, quite healthy, but boney cuz she lost her stomach and cannot absorbe a lot of lipid anymore.

it gives me a chill up the spine just by thinking about that night.

My guess is back when she was weak, her frequency was closer to those who're dead than of living human, so she can see them.

scott
07-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Here a pic that kinda made me think, I use to listen to Art Bell alot & he talk about ghost in the form of orbs.Any way my dog was sick & sitting in his Lazyboy that used to be my cat's favorite place till she pasted. When I looked at the pic of my dog I saw this orb & I zoomed in on it. Then I tried to clear the image up on photoshop. I put dot where the eyes are to help to place the face.

CessnaDriver
07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

I have yet to see even not so extraordinary evidence for such things.

The human mind however can convince us of all kinds of strange things that do not exist if we let it, or more importantly want to believe it, and that phenomenon is not exclusive to ghosts.

Teague
07-25-2007, 11:29 AM
"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan

I have yet to see even not so extraordinary evidence for such things.

The human mind however can convince us of all kinds of strange things that do not exist if we let it, or more importantly want to believe it, and that phenomenon is not exclusive to ghosts.

And this is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in trying to convince a skeptic of something that you have to experience to believe. :thumbs2:

(No offense, Cess!)

CessnaDriver
07-25-2007, 01:28 PM
And this is exactly what I'm talking about...there's no point in trying to convince a skeptic of something that you have to experience to believe. :thumbs2:

(No offense, Cess!)

None taken.

Skepticism and science is simply the best tool we have in examining the world around us.

It has proven the existance of things completely unimaginable previously, unseen worlds, wether it is the existance of atoms or distant galaxies.

Yet,

Why do supernatural things always fail to produce even a scrap of examinable scientific evidence?

Yet science can clearly prove the human mind is capable of incredible imaginings and other very false perceptions, that seem so real but simply are not there, and that it is indeed rather common even in a totally healthy mind.

Our brains are not trustable on many things we would swear was true.

Simple example...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070717.html

endsongjen
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
that is freaky!!

i believe in ghosts. ive seen a few actually and my grandma loves telling her stories too. when i was about 8 i was at my neighbors house and heard her mother yelling out for me. i ran to the living room and saw her folding blankets and asked her what she needed, she turned and dropped the blanket and put her finger to her mouth and said shhh. she was looking behind me. so i turned and there she was (her real mom) asking who i was talking to. i turned back around and she was gone! eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! there was a little girl too that i saw in the same house. ugh :thumbsdow

devlinboy
07-25-2007, 02:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did i scare you?

Teague
07-25-2007, 02:57 PM
None taken.

Skepticism and science is simply the best tool we have in examining the world around us.

It has proven the existance of things completely unimaginable previously, unseen worlds, wether it is the existance of atoms or distant galaxies.

Yet,

Why do supernatural things always fail to produce even a scrap of examinable scientific evidence?

Yet science can clearly prove the human mind is capable of incredible imaginings and other very false perceptions, that seem so real but simply are not there, and that it is indeed rather common even in a totally healthy mind.

Our brains are not trustable on many things we would swear was true.

Simple example...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap070717.html

I'm all for science (and that mind-trick is a pretty cool one, I have to say! I love those things...), and I'm actually pretty skeptical myself. But then again, some things I've experienced myself, and there's no more positive proof than first-hand exposure. I know that there will always be an argument that it's the mind playing tricks, or some such--but that's as baseless a claim as is blind faith! Sure, we can prove that the mind does and can play tricks, but can it be proven that it's playing a trick in that case? Not usually (and where it can, I'm certainly the first to support debunking).

There are a lot more wackos on the faith-side of the fence, I'll admit, but I also believe that there are also more things in heaven and earth than can be dreamt of in definitive science. (And I'm using "faith" here not in the religious sense...)

I've had these discussions with some of my friends, and they're always fun to have. But ultimately it comes down to this--because there's no definitive proof, which do you default to believing: science or faith? And everyone has their own answer to that--everyone is either a Mulder or a Scully. :thumbs2:

endsongjen
07-25-2007, 03:02 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

did i scare you?

:laugh:

CessnaDriver
07-25-2007, 03:35 PM
One thing about ghosts if true.

They are retards.

There, I said it. Ghosts are retards.

Oh that is not a PC word but who cares, I am having a little fun so nobody get bent about this ok?

They never communicate useful information, they cant BS about the nature of any after life, they are always clueless they are dead, doing stupid retard things to people.

Tapping?
Knocking stuff over?
Whispers and crap.
Moaning and making people feel "cold".
Jeez.

I mean this isnt exactly the way I would behave if I were able to communicate on ANY level with the living.

Jeez, you would think with 90 billion people dead someone would be smart enough to communicate useful information from beyond that proves it.

Jeez even Morse code for crying out loud.

Hey, dude! Im freaking dead and Im still here!

Check this out.......passes hand through table.

How about that!

Damn, anyone else dead here?

Yo, Lincoln wassup?
Julius Ceasar? Your friends were effed up!
Hitler? You SOB you!

Go get the video cam, I'm going to do a ghost jig for you, yeah thats right, I am going to moonwalk.

Call Oprah! lets talk on national TV.

All reports of ghosts they almost always act like total retards.

Or maybe only retards come back as ghosts.

Or maybe there is a retard clause in the ghost world that demands only certain acceptable behaviours.

Hell Casper put on a better show. (was he Casper the friendly boy before he died?)

So if there is a ghost existence.

Ill haunt this forum and try not to be a retard.

God knows some will say I sound retarded enough alive.

Or... am I???

http://www.spookysites.com/clipart/images/animated/tiredghost.gif

cougartrace
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
wow, that was truely strange.