PDA

View Full Version : Wonder Woman PF (Steve Schumacher)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

luiggi505
12-25-2013, 07:13 AM
Following up the release of the-Batman-and Superman-Premium Format Figures, Wonder Woman will be the next Justice League member available for Pre-Order on Feb 13 !

I'll be updating this thread with new pictures as soon SS release them...

http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq204/hawkeyeflame/300115-wonder-woman-002_zpse70b0eb9.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/preview_-300115_WonderWomanPF-1_zps9d7df7f8.jpg

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/assets/products/3001151-wonder-woman/lg/3001151-wonder-woman-003.jpg

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/300115-wonder-woman-004_zps174546e1.jpg

labanog
12-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Looks great to me , love the face it's pretty wonder who sculpted her?

madmanny
12-25-2013, 07:26 AM
powerful creature

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 07:29 AM
The face is beautiful. This will look awesome with the other two thirds of trinity. I'm callin' 3500 for the ex.

madmanny
12-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Schumacher sculpt

DiscoCougar
12-25-2013, 07:39 AM
I'm not sold on her holding so many weapons. Bats and Supers got plain bases and nothing to really hold. I was kinda hoping WW was gonna match them and just have a powerful pose without any other distractions. If anything, I wish the arm holding the spear was a swap out so she wouldn't take up so much space.

Definite day 1 P.O., but I still have my gripes

alexeicrow
12-25-2013, 07:40 AM
This is a must. Great looking statue. Lets hope we don't have to wait 2 years until we have it in our collections

Vallos
12-25-2013, 07:44 AM
I am am not a Wonder Woman fan, and this is something I would buy. (I am not) However, my bewilderment lies in how her enthusiasts will receive this pose (spear).

SuperJ300
12-25-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm not sold on her holding so many weapons. Bats and Supers got plain bases and nothing to really hold. I was kinda hoping WW was gonna match them and just have a powerful pose without any other distractions. If anything, I wish the arm holding the spear was a swap out so she wouldn't take up so much space.

And the hair is going different direction to Supes and Bats cape!:laugh:

Thinking of getting custom cabinet for these three since they will take up a lot of space. And display them individually.

SolidLiquidFox
12-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Not a classic Wonder Woman but a nice sculpt that went with amazon warrior approach.

The belt and the bracelets are my main issue here. They could have left those alone.

demonhunter
12-25-2013, 07:53 AM
SS finally married both designs. The one with her standing regally with the Greek structure debris base, and helmet with the other design of her holding the spear. Some said the base was too busy, but SS pushed forward with it anyhow. And is this a new trend? Digital sculpting? From the start of the video, it showed Diana's face being digitally sculpted.

GedTasker
12-25-2013, 08:09 AM
Apparently.. sometimes they'll start the sculpt in digital, print it out and hand finish in wax.. best of both eh..!! I asked Martin C on facey and he explained the process that him and his studio have started doing.

I must say this really is an absolutely stunning piece though!!!

pdenham
12-25-2013, 08:14 AM
Not really sold on this one yet.
The staff/spear isn't something I associate with the character, though I can accept it as a design element choice. But it would help if it were incorporated in such a way as to make it a more interesting design rather than just being a prop other than a sword.
Another one knee up pose. It wouldn't be a SS piece without the character having one foot up on something, now would it?
The face is OK...but not alluring enough to me to make me rush out and pre-order it- especially when there are going to be metric ton of these made. Looking at the video though, the early digital sculpt did look more attractive to me. Something seems to have got lost in translation...maybe it's the beady eyes. I'll be taking my time picking this one up. If I even do.
Unlike Red Sonja (which I also continue to have niggling issues with), nothing about this piece looks like a must have/can't afford to let slip by, other than the notability of the character itself.
But at $400, I'm not buying anything just because I like the character. The statue itself has to hit my aesthetic sweet spot and this one isn't looking like it will.

Just one other thing- this isn't directed at Sideshow, but DC and their lame sense of costume design/incessant need to corporate brand. That belt is one of the stupidest designs for an action character I've ever seen. Yes, I get the the WW, but for someone who will likely have to bend at the waist often and is going to get thrown around- why on earth would you wear a belt with three sharp rigid vertical points? It would be one thing if it were being represented as softer fabric, but clearly it's meant to portray some kind of hard rigid material....much like here tiara or bracelets. I've always thought that was lame.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 08:44 AM
WOW:jawd:
what a way to kick 12 days off. :buttrock: first day PO for me.
best WW statue to date IMO. the face and over all sculpt is phenomenal. need to put the artists name with the title of this thread.

wow its everything i was hoping for in a WW PF.

THANKS YOU SIDESHOW!

NAILED IT!
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj493/DynamicMenace/slide_293609_2371179_free_zps8bc2838d.gif (http://s1264.photobucket.com/user/DynamicMenace/media/slide_293609_2371179_free_zps8bc2838d.gif.html)

iceprince_x
12-25-2013, 08:52 AM
When is this due? My second direct purchase for Sideshow. Exclusive for me.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 08:58 AM
The staff/spear isn't something I associate with the character, though I can accept it as a design element choice. But it would help if it were incorporated in such a way as to make it a more interesting design rather than just being a prop other than a sword.
Another one knee up pose. It wouldn't be a SS piece without the character having one foot up on something, now would it?
The face is OK...but not alluring enough to me to make me rush out and pre-order it- especially when there are going to be metric ton of these made. Looking at the video though, the early digital sculpt did look more attractive to me. Something seems to have got lost in translation...maybe it's the beady eyes. I'll be taking my time picking this one up. If I even do.
Unlike Red Sonja (which I also continue to have niggling issues with), nothing about this piece looks like a must have/can't afford to let slip by, other than the notability of the character itself.
But at $400, I'm not buying anything just because I like the character. The statue itself has to hit my aesthetic sweet spot and this one isn't looking like it will.

Just one other thing- this isn't directed at Sideshow, but DC and their lame sense of costume design/incessant need to corporate brand. That belt is one of the stupidest designs for an action character I've ever seen. Yes, I get the the WW, but for someone who will likely have to bend at the waist often and is going to get thrown around- why on earth would you wear a belt with three sharp rigid vertical points? It would be one thing if it were being represented as softer fabric, but clearly it's meant to portray some kind of hard rigid material....much like here tiara or bracelets. I've always thought that was lame.

sorry but i totally disagree with you. the face looks incredible. reminds me of WW from the DC DVD's which i love. not sure why but the portrait reminds me of Daryl Hannah. wonder if they used her likness as inspiration for the portrait? the over all sculpt looks killah.

the costume design is a very cool unique take from the classic one IMO. but this whole issue people are having with a statue having its foot propped up on something. its the best pose to portray victory or one being triumphant. not to mention the best way to convey movement. the FUP is the new museum pose for the 21st century. lol
i have no issues with SS using the FUP. its how the body works. could they have gone with a different pose? yeah probably. but Bats and Supes are in one. its only right for her to bre in one too.
now it will be a true trinity.. :laugh:

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:01 AM
When is this due? My second direct purchase for Sideshow. Exclusive for me.

and thats what im wondering. what will the EX be?
hope they do something special.

Gyro Zeppeli
12-25-2013, 09:05 AM
They hit a homerun with this one. Probably one of the best depictions of the character in general. They managed to downplay the sexuality in just the right ways.

Vince-Vell
12-25-2013, 09:06 AM
love the face and hair!

is the outfit a sculpt or leather? armor just looks like glued on pieces.

luiggi505
12-25-2013, 09:06 AM
edit

pdenham
12-25-2013, 09:10 AM
sorry but i totally disagree with you.

Call me nuts, but I'm starting to get the feeling we don't share the same tastes at all :itsb: :laugh:

I would love to be excited over a WW statue, but while this looks a bit better overall than the DC Direct PF ( though I admit the costuming looks significantly better here) it doesn't come anywhere close to be as exciting to me as the Hughes Serpent diorama...which is probably the best WW statue I've ever seen by a wide margin. Even the WW figure in the Superman Vs WW dio is more attractive to me than this one.

In short, I think there is easily room for SS to come up with a more impressive WW statue in the future, whether it's an LSF, Maquette , or Dio. So rather than splurge on something I'm only half heartedly attracted to, I think it would be wiser for me to just bide my time and wait for something else to come along.

For everyone that get this though, I hope it comes out exceedingly well in the QC department.

Bullseye
12-25-2013, 09:10 AM
The only opinion that counts here is mine and the is Stunning. Now role on the Golden Age and 52 versions.

Snadinator
12-25-2013, 09:11 AM
Looks amazing but I prefer the dcd 1/4 museum statue.... just kidding hahaha. This looks perfect. Fully sculpted? Yes please.

pdenham
12-25-2013, 09:22 AM
When SS can better something like this,

http://www.comictrek.net/main/images/wonderwoman_statue_lg.jpg

in more than just sheer size,
then I'll be as excited as the rest of you.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Call me nuts, but I'm starting to get the feeling we don't share the same tastes at all :itsb: :laugh:

I would love to be excited over a WW statue, but while this looks a bit better overall than the DC Direct PF ( though I admit the costuming looks significantly better here) it doesn't come anywhere close to be as exciting to me as the Hughes Serpent diorama...which is probably the best WW statue I've ever seen by a wide margin. Even the WW figure in the Superman Vs WW dio is more attractive to me than this one.

In short, I think there is easily room for SS to come up with a more impressive WW statue in the future, whether it's an LSF, Maquette , or Dio. So rather than splurge on something I'm only half heartedly attracted to, I think it would be wiser for me to just bide my time and wait for something else to come along.

For everyone that get this though, I hope it comes out exceedingly well in the QC department.

with those comments. ok your nuts! :p :laugh:

hey beauty is in the eye of the beholder man. if your not impressed with it :nuts: thats ok.
and its ok for us to disagree. :)

pdenham
12-25-2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe a full reveal will sway me.

Never say never.

darren1228
12-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Best female PF I've seen from the preview. That Serpent dio does not compare at all.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:33 AM
When SS can better something like this,

http://www.comictrek.net/main/images/wonderwoman_statue_lg.jpg

in more than just sheer size,
then I'll be as excited as the rest of you.

well IMO SS did do better. becasue they too a different approach. that is a nice sculpt. and beautiful. and hey you know what? i agree with you :itsb: that its one of the best WW sculpts out there. and for people like you. its the best one. and i would have had to of agreed with you up until the time SS came out with this. this PF has a sense of realism which that dio doesn't have. the dio is more directed towards the classic comics in its design and looks. which is nothing wrong with that. but this one here is just as beautiful and just as great IMO. i feel its the best to date not due to its sheer size. but its overall design and sculpt plus the beauty of the portrait and the way they applied the sense of realism to her. that right there is what i love about this piece. and why i say this the best WW to date.
its all about preference man. :thumbs2:

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:36 AM
what are the chances that this goes up for PO and will be released by the end of the year? :laugh:

darren1228
12-25-2013, 09:39 AM
what are the chances that this goes up for PO and will be released by the end of the year? :laugh:

Pretty much 0. Past 12 days of X'mas reveals have never been pre-orders.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:44 AM
well i meant go up for PO early next year and then released by the end of next year. i know nothing is for PO for 12 days.
i should have been more specific.

pdenham
12-25-2013, 09:46 AM
I believe they already commented that this won't be going up for PO anytime soon. Just letting us finally get a taste of it.

Even if it goes up for PO sometime in Q1 (Jan-March), no way this will see delivery in 2014.
Be lucky to get it mid 2015 the way things have been going.

Raas Kaaz
12-25-2013, 09:51 AM
Nice!!! Not my thing but sure many are happy.. long wait!

actionjackson83
12-25-2013, 09:56 AM
Just saw the preview and I am blown away, the face sculpt I feel beautifully captures a certain exotic sexuality but also powerful and strong character. Those eyes are piercing. Thank god she's looking straight ahead and not to the side or to the sky like so many PFs, she's looking straight at you saying hell yeah you know and I know I am bad ass!! The only thing I think could've been changed to make me even happier with this reveal is to not use the leg up and put her legs standing shoulder width apart so we could see her beautiful anatomy better.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 09:57 AM
I believe they already commented that this won't be going up for PO anytime soon. Just letting us finally get a taste of it.

Even if it goes up for PO sometime in Q1 (Jan-March), no way this will see delivery in 2014.

yeah i was being sarcastic.

pdenham
12-25-2013, 10:01 AM
sorry... didn't catch the smiley on the original post.

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 10:07 AM
Any pics of the rear side? :D so far me likey!

derekrodneysim
12-25-2013, 10:10 AM
The only opinion that counts here is mine...

:laugh:

I always did suspect you were a little despotic :tongue:

Back to the statue.....

COME TO PAPA!!!!! :drooling:

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 10:24 AM
not sure if any of you noticed the subtle smirk on her face in the image on the 12 days page on SS site.
im loving this piece even more now.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/350x350_preview_WonderWoman-th.jpg

i love you Diana

actionjackson83
12-25-2013, 10:28 AM
Here's to hoping she has one finely toned and powerful hiney with plenty of thut :praying:

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 10:30 AM
im sure she will. her bust is very powerful looking. im sure the back will match the front.

actionjackson83
12-25-2013, 10:32 AM
looking at the face more closely and comparing to some of her comic art, I think it closely resembles Alex Ross's depiction of Wonder Woman. I likey!

Bullseye
12-25-2013, 10:32 AM
This piece is epic. I hope the production piece comes out well. Shouldn't be any delays since it's fully sculpted.

jhauser
12-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Face sculpt is super nice. Anatomy looks spot-on. Not crazy on the belt like some others have pointed out, but overall I'm impressed.

StatueJunky
12-25-2013, 10:35 AM
Love what I see so far, day one PO for me.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 10:38 AM
says that the EX has the left arm switching out with the shield.
wonder if the strap on the back side slips over the arm? becasue in this image is shows her holding it by the strap. curious to know how they designed it to SO.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/wwss.jpg
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/francois_nor/WonderWoman_zpsd79b7314.jpg (http://s1209.photobucket.com/user/francois_nor/media/WonderWoman_zpsd79b7314.jpg.html)

Peedi
12-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I dig it.

I'm ready for the full reveal to see all of it at once and the PO. I already know I'm buying it.

Edit: Dynamic Menace, Thanks!

Swap out left hand holding Shield for the Ex! That shield will be mine!
Although the production art shows her holding the shield's straps while the piece shows her armed with it...I wonder will there be another swap out with the dangling shield like in the artwork?

demonhunter
12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Same here, I waited 3 years for this. Getting her for sure.

Kadmos777
12-25-2013, 10:45 AM
There are two women sculpts/statues PFs so far that SSC has produced that I consider above all other...at least as prototypes.

1) Wonder Woman
2) Queen of the Dead

Yeah for me this WW tops QotD because Wonder Woman has references to consider and follow while the Queen of the Dead is totally made from scratch bearing in mind that I totally adore QotD.

This WW face here is out of this world :jawd:

Canadaguy705
12-25-2013, 10:46 AM
Must buy! Looks amazing! Strong, powerful pose and the don't f@ck with me smirk sealed the deal !!!

Red Sonja is my first ever statue purchase and this will be my second. Loving the two powerful, kick-ass girls!!

Great job Sideshow!

DC_Universe_Grl
12-25-2013, 11:01 AM
not sure if any of you noticed the subtle smirk on her face in the image on the 12 days page on SS site.
im loving this piece even more now.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/350x350_preview_WonderWoman-th.jpg

i love you Diana

Sooooo excited!!! Merry Christmas to me!!!!

nbr3bagshotrow
12-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Pre-order day one.

Silas Loki
12-25-2013, 11:11 AM
I'm tempted to buy this.......and promptly get it custom painted. The sculpt looks awesome.

Ballsagne
12-25-2013, 11:16 AM
The most excited ive been for a preorder probably ever!

marcos619
12-25-2013, 11:40 AM
When does she come out?

Hellboy
12-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Beautiful! No question, I WILL be ordering this one. :itsb:

The General
12-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Not crazy about the spear but it looks awesome. Amazing portrait.

Y3E
12-25-2013, 11:49 AM
Wow, looks good. First day pre-order.

A Cimmerian
12-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Stunning !!! Even better than my greatest expectations.

Anthos
12-25-2013, 11:56 AM
She looks terrific, I'm in!

VS1976
12-25-2013, 11:58 AM
When can we order SSC??

rubeng
12-25-2013, 12:03 PM
Huge DC Fan, this is a MUST for me!!

nexus
12-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Looks fantastic. I'm just not sure about the spear over the shoulder. I may have to get that reworked in the aftermarket. I'll have a better idea after the full reveal, but a definite purchase.

INSIDER
12-25-2013, 12:22 PM
I love this piece! I love the spear, the base, the look. Home run IMO.

Matches Malone
12-25-2013, 12:25 PM
She looks stunning! My sole disappointment is that she is so thematically close to the DCD one but there is no denying this one has a refinement and detail the other lacks. There is no fooling myself - day one PO. Even if. I didnt like it Mrs. MM would be pulling the trigger anyways :p

Bullseye
12-25-2013, 12:27 PM
I absolutely love the smirk!

gorocketcat
12-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Love it. Will get!

ReplicantSavior
12-25-2013, 12:30 PM
I have to admit I was a bit worried about Wonder Woman. I passed on the Superman and Batman PFs. And the Catwoman LSF is probably the only Adam Hughes miss from Sideshow unless they fix the likeness. I don't think this Wonder Woman is from an Adam Hughes drawing. I can't tell. But she's beautiful. At the end of that preview video I was ecstatic and watched it a few more times. They really got the build up on this one with the music too. I thought Red Sonja was the best female statue from Sideshow but somehow they just topped it already. This is easily the best Wonder Woman statue too. Even if they make a Lynda Carter version I don't think she will beat this version.

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 12:31 PM
One and a half star on her underwear? Is that right?

luiggi505
12-25-2013, 12:37 PM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/JLA_zps7b900660.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/luiggi1977/media/JLA_zps7b900660.jpg.html)

Merry Christmas My Collectors Friends!!!

Webb
12-25-2013, 12:41 PM
EX is a must,that shield makes a difference.

supermn619
12-25-2013, 12:42 PM
The only thing that I ALWAYS worry about Sideshows Female statues are the cockeyes:vortex:

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p239/supermn619/cross-eyed-young-man-23649254_zps7c4fc5ed.jpg

Other than that... I'm good

NorthernLadMSP
12-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Very awesome! What a great beginning to the event. I love almost everything I see about her.

Luiggi, you should try the Photoshop of her the correct direction because someone earlier stated her hair goes in the opposite direction of Batman's cape, but it doesn't. It goes in the same direction.

Love the physique on her body, she looks muscular, without ever looking manly. Face is fierce, and love the upper part of the pose (not sure on the lower half yet).

My only gripe that I see based on these pics alone, is how her belt seems to hover in the air. Shouldn't it be a closer fit to her torso?

Chun li fan
12-25-2013, 12:50 PM
Day one pre order for me

ReplicantSavior
12-25-2013, 12:52 PM
EX is a must,that shield makes a difference.

True, there was a Jim Lee I think Superman/Batman variant cover with Wonder Woman. She had the shield and a spear.

I just can't believe how good this statue looks. It looks like it will be worth the wait.

vmcoelho
12-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Honestly? This is perfect! Im loving it!

Luminous
12-25-2013, 12:58 PM
My wallet can't handle so much awesome. :bawling:

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 12:59 PM
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/JLA_zps7b900660.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/luiggi1977/media/JLA_zps7b900660.jpg.html)

Merry Christmas My Collectors Friends!!!

Nice pic! :drooling: the trio will soon be complete. :thumbs2: wait we still don't have any in hand yet? Errr

marvelboi77
12-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Beautiful piece. A must order.

SuperJ300
12-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Looks awesome, still not sure about Green Lantern displayed in this group?

VS1976
12-25-2013, 01:12 PM

Looks awesome, still not sure about Green Lantern displayed in this group?

Yah since all the others are in museum poses. Regardless, this will make a kick ass display.

SteveShow
12-25-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey guys,
help me out the previous sideshow dc releases they are based on what age?

Bat-man - golden?
Super-man - golden?
Wonder woman - ?
Green Lantern - ?

zeke01
12-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Seeing WW, makes me wish Bats and Supes were fully sculpted instead of cloth costume bits.

Matches Malone
12-25-2013, 01:30 PM
Hey guys,
help me out the previous sideshow dc releases they are based on what age?

Bat-man - golden?
Super-man - golden?
Wonder woman - ?
Green Lantern - ?

While not the "New 52" versions if the characters, all 4 DC pieces you mentioned are shaping up to be SSC's vision of the "Bronze/Modern" era iterations IMHO. Batman and Superman are not golden age versions.

actionjackson83
12-25-2013, 01:32 PM
I don't get what people's problem with the spear is, she's supposed to be adept at using all types of weapons and there's lots of comic instances where she's using a spear.

Vallos
12-25-2013, 01:34 PM
I think it is the way she is holding it that people are questioning.

built2shred
12-25-2013, 01:36 PM
I'll admit I'm a pretty harsh critic of WW statues, most IMO look like transvestites....

Although I'll hold final judgment until I can see the whole piece from several angles, but from what I have seen in the sneak peek trailer I think SS nailed it, she looks tough yet still feminine. Odds are I'll be pre-ordering this

neomatrix99
12-25-2013, 01:38 PM

exactly, this is great but we will not see it in hand for another 2 years :vortex:

Dark Knight66
12-25-2013, 01:50 PM
This is a must have for me.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 02:05 PM
hey, does she look a little bit Daryl Hanna'ish to anyone else?
dont know why. but her portrait reminds me of a young DH for some reason.

wonder if they used a young DH for inspiration for this piece? i know she is a blond. but picture her as a brunette and i can see a little resemblance here.

man i cant wait to PO this.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 02:12 PM
I absolutely love the smirk!

you and i both. i think its brilliant that they gave her that smirk. i absolutely love it.
this will be my very first female superhero PF.
def wanted WW to be my first. :rimshot: :thumbs2:

dechirico7
12-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Dang. I was so set against getting her.
But Sideshow actually did her justice.
I was hoping they would have made her cutesy and like a skinny model with huge boobs.
But they really did her well.
I love the muscle tone and determined face.
Really well done.

CessnaDriver
12-25-2013, 02:25 PM
Love it.
The spear conveys her heritage. Time to give the sword and lasso a rest.
The face conveys maturity and experience.

I don't want to wait until 2015 though.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 02:28 PM
hey, does she look a little bit Daryl Hanna'ish to anyone else?
dont know why. but her portrait reminds me of a young DH for some reason.

wonder if they used a young DH for inspiration for this piece? i know she is a blond. but picture her as a brunette and i can see a little resemblance here.

man i cant wait to PO this.

wanted to jump this to the next page with her face in case some have missed it. curious to know what you all think. Daryl Hanna? yes? no?
or is it just me? if it is thats ok. :)

Nitefall
12-25-2013, 02:36 PM
Love it! And the face is just amazing!:buttrock:

Gotta post it again!

http://i43.tinypic.com/v412dj.jpg

jedi_don
12-25-2013, 02:42 PM
I like it!

Looks like they went for the fully sculpted approach. I wonder if there was a debate at SS if she should be mixed media vs fully sculpted.

Both Bats and Supes got switch out heads. I hope WW doesn't as a neck seam would be unsightly.

So any speculation on the EX? The bracelets allow for easy hand switchout. So optional weapons?

Bullseye
12-25-2013, 02:49 PM
I think there will be an axe/shield switch out. The shield makes mores sense with the spear.

BarrelCannon
12-25-2013, 02:51 PM
Sculpt is godly but I have littlen faith in the paint app coming out like that proto. The shadingnin those pics is amazing. Ill preorder her ex day 1 and sell it at cost if it the paint app doesn't satisfy me. If it comes out like that proto though we are in for a treat. Sideshow has been good to me so far. I hope they don't let me down just yet :)

Awesome
12-25-2013, 02:54 PM
Looks good.

equi-nox76
12-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Noice, will get her for sure. Next Flash please.

http://i1296.photobucket.com/albums/ag10/equi-nox761/ww014_zps4dd4b639.jpg (http://s1296.photobucket.com/user/equi-nox761/media/ww014_zps4dd4b639.jpg.html)

gomur
12-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Hawt damn. Excellent execution by paints and sculpt. I hope there isn't any deviation from this prototype. not much anyway.

Relic
12-25-2013, 03:13 PM
AWESOME!

COI
12-25-2013, 03:19 PM
Holy Moses, this looks incredible.

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I can honestly say this matches the Dc Direct 1/4 scale WW. Nah just joking. This one blows that one away by a million. I can't believe how good this sculpter is. I must say well done SS. I know we don't always get along SS. But I must give credit when it's due. Very well done here. I was worried about the face. But now after seeing it I'm very happy with it. Please make sure the production goes well like the one shown. We do not want a psylocke, rogue, or spider woman issue on this one. I prefer to wait longer and have it done right. So SS please do this one justice. Please use this guy to do more DC characters like batgirl, super girl, and power girl. Saying if mark and Tim is not already doing them. this sculpter is right up there with the very best of them all.

saintproduction
12-25-2013, 03:23 PM
I wish they would have done as good of a job with Reeve!!! Looks amazing and to every one who thinks we just look for bad comments to say, look at all the great comments this pf got!!

Spazzy
12-25-2013, 03:40 PM
Hopefully SS doesn't make so many that she becomes stuck in delay purgatory like batman

Can't wait to get this!!

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 03:44 PM
SS can we have a removable cape with this? Please?

tripletn@mac.co
12-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Hopefully SS doesn't make so many that she becomes stuck in delay purgatory like batman

Can't wait to get this!!

Seeing as she's gonna be fully sculpted, she shouldn't be delayed by much, if at all. Poison Ivy was only delayed by about a month(?).

fderado
12-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Noice!!! I am loving it in it's entirety. SS portrayed a very strong and beautiful character. I hope they go with a painted underwear...do not want another Baroness type crap.

Her face reminds me of serious Cobie Smulders
http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/celebrities/cobie-smulders-7358-2560x1600.jpg
http://fiz-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cobie-Smulders-Wallpapers-2012-8.jpg

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Noice!!! I am loving it in it's entirety. SS portrayed a very strong and beautiful character. I hope they go with a painted underwear...do not want another Baroness type crap.

http://cdn.superbwallpapers.com/wallpapers/celebrities/cobie-smulders-7358-2560x1600.jpg
http://fiz-x.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Cobie-Smulders-Wallpapers-2012-8.jpg

Yes this it it! Those eyes :goodpost:

built2shred
12-25-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm going to throw a guess of 2000 exclusive with 5000 regular.. so 7000 overall and I doubt will see her until mid-end of 2015

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm going to throw a guess of 2000 exclusive with 5000 regular.. so 7000 overall

More.......

loricstone
12-25-2013, 04:06 PM
Great looking statue. I hope they decide to revisit GL and make him in scale with Bats, Supes, and WW. Otherwise, the DC line so far is going extremely well.

Shadowfax
12-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Great looking statue. I hope they decide to revisit GL and make him in scale with Bats, Supes, and WW. Otherwise, the DC line so far is going extremely well.
My custom GL will fit in perfectly with the big 3

now bring on Flash and Aquaman !!

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 04:13 PM
Remember the custom WW from the SS mystique statue? That one was stunning and unmatched. But this one can match it. I'm so shocked how SS pulled this off to be even better than that custom WW. Great job again SS!

NorthernLadMSP
12-25-2013, 04:46 PM
I just realized they showed the EX in the artist drawing. It's the switch out hand with the shield. I didn't notice that before.

dechirico7
12-25-2013, 04:50 PM

I knew the face looked familiar. I agree, the PF totally looks like her.

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 04:56 PM
I knew the face looked familiar. I agree, the PF totally looks like her.

The face was the one thing I was most worried about. SS pulled this off insanely well. The sculpter is now a well known super star. Congrats on the great job! Buy on day one!

risingstar
12-25-2013, 04:58 PM
I wonder if they'll do a variant with a cape and warrior skirt

Jiggatron69
12-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Just no Baroness style cloth outfit that creates a "snuggie" effect.

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 05:08 PM
This is such a tease. Too bad we'll be looking at mid 2015 at the earliest. I wish they would just take my money already.

The ES on this beast is gonna be enormous. I'm thinking 3000+ for the EX.

NorthernLadMSP
12-25-2013, 05:11 PM
It's clearly fully sculpted so not sure why fabric worries are even being brought up.

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 05:22 PM
This won't happen, but was just thinking that a switch out right hand, that could hold the spear vertically would be awesome, and allow for an alternate display that may fit in a display case/area that maybe the horizontal spear wouldn't.

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 05:24 PM
This won't happen, but was just thinking that a switch out right hand, that could hold the spear vertically would be awesome, and allow for an alternate display they may fit in a display case/area that maybe the horizontal spear wouldn't.

Maybe there will be a sword for the ex to take the spears place?

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Maybe there will be a sword for the ex to take the spears place?

I don't think a sword would work, only because it would have to be a gigantic sword for her to be leaning on it. this is kind of what I'm talking about. It probably wouldn't work either, but just an idea.

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7109/hj7e.jpg

Maybe the spear doesn't even take up as much horizontal space as it seems. We really haven't seen much of this yet.

VS1976
12-25-2013, 05:45 PM
If anybody doesn't want the EX, please lmk...I really want to get 2.

demonhunter
12-25-2013, 06:12 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/e6/d9/6ce6d97f84d526132fff9b10374e023a.jpg

I was thinking, the face, the "beady" eyes and that smirk, it's beautiful and also warrior-like, and it reminds me of this artprint by Stanley Lau aka Artgerm who also designed both SideShow's Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn statues.

It's the same eyes and subtle smirk. :)

VS1976
12-25-2013, 06:15 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/6c/e6/d9/6ce6d97f84d526132fff9b10374e023a.jpg

I was thinking, the face, the "beady" eyes and that smirk, it's beautiful and also warrior-like, and it reminds me of this artprint by Stanley Lau aka Artgerm who also designed both SideShow's Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn statues.

I would buy this version too. Lol

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 06:17 PM

I thought you never had a problem ordering more than one before? If I was not ordering it I would Gladly order you one.

Tetragrammaton
12-25-2013, 06:22 PM
While I've rarely been a fan of mixed-media premium formats, this one seems outstanding.

The only down side is now I'm considering getting both Batman and Superman pieces as well.

built2shred
12-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I'm glad WW is going to be sculpted, to many times with mix media on female statues you end up with a teepee effect with the material over their breasts. Black Widow (IM 2) suffers badly from this...

VS1976
12-25-2013, 06:25 PM
I thought you never had a problem ordering more than one before? If I was not ordering it I would Gladly order you one.

If my friends weren't ordering one, I might be able to get one from them.

SONICobra
12-25-2013, 06:49 PM
not a big enough WW fan to pick this up but i think it looks fantastic. she looks strong yet sexy and i really like how they did the outfit, the sculpt is very impressive

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 06:50 PM
I don't think a sword would work, only because it would have to be a gigantic sword for her to be leaning on it. this is kind of what I'm talking about. It probably wouldn't work either, but just an idea.

Maybe the spear doesn't even take up as much horizontal space as it seems. We really haven't seen much of this yet.

well if you look closely to that image you will see where is states in the lower left hand corner in the black box.
"sideshow exclusive"
swap out left hand holding shield.

so no sword for the EX. its the shield.

mrslick32
12-25-2013, 07:03 PM
I love the sculpt and I am definitely getting this one. I like her muscular body making her look strong but still feminine. I'm also glad that SS did not give her oversized breasts.

Her pose reminds me of Bowen's Shanna the She Devil statue, which I also have and love. Although some people said that they can't see WW with a spear, I've actually seen some commissioned WW drawings/sketches with a spear. I think she looks good with either a sword or spear.

SuperJ300
12-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Her pose reminds me of Bowen's Shanna the She Devil statue, which I also have and love. Although some people said that they can't see WW with a spear, I've actually seen some commissioned WW drawings/sketches with a spear. I think she looks good with either a sword or spear.

I thought the same, pose does remind me of Shanna pose.

luiggi505
12-25-2013, 07:25 PM
Very awesome! What a great beginning to the event. I love almost everything I see about her.

Luiggi, you should try the Photoshop of her the correct direction because someone earlier stated her hair goes in the opposite direction of Batman's cape, but it doesn't. It goes in the same direction.

Love the physique on her body, she looks muscular, without ever looking manly. Face is fierce, and love the upper part of the pose (not sure on the lower half yet).

My only gripe that I see based on these pics alone, is how her belt seems to hover in the air. Shouldn't it be a closer fit to her torso?

There you go brother...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/7e9yma5a_zpsa38fb0d7.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/luiggi1977/media/7e9yma5a_zpsa38fb0d7.jpg.html)

NorthernLadMSP
12-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Awesome!!! :buttrock:

Will have Batman soon and will def order Wonder Woman!

mrslick32
12-25-2013, 07:40 PM

I agree with you. I wish that the belt is closer to her torso and a bit higher so it's not partially covering the stars. However, it's a minor gripe of mine also based on the pics alone. There's still time to fix it and hopefully Sideshow will do it.

actionjackson83
12-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Or they could just paint the star a little lower as well :)

Vracula
12-25-2013, 08:01 PM
Omfg!!!wow!

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 08:05 PM
I agree with you. I wish that the belt is closer to her torso and a bit higher so it's not partially covering the stars. However, it's a minor gripe of mine also based on the pics alone. There's still time to fix it and hopefully Sideshow will do it.

That's not so much a belt, but rather some sort of armor plating on her corset or whatever you want to call it. So the way it sticks off on the bottom makes sense considering it would be made of some kind of steel.

Spazzy
12-25-2013, 08:07 PM
I agree didn't really look like a belt to me, the costume looks great and the paints...I like the smaller amount of stars

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 08:07 PM
Omfg!!!wow!

I love the reactions when someone first see's this thing. :p

Vracula
12-25-2013, 08:09 PM
I love the reactions when someone first see's this thing. :p

I am not a big Female Pf collector But Sideshow is killing it with the Dc Liscence, that face is phenomenal.LOL.

traylorc
12-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Looking forward to ordering this one...

Spazzy
12-25-2013, 08:12 PM
There you go brother...

http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx146/luiggi1977/7e9yma5a_zpsa38fb0d7.jpg (http://s750.photobucket.com/user/luiggi1977/media/7e9yma5a_zpsa38fb0d7.jpg.html)

Not much into superman but all three together is making me think about getting him

Comicbookguy
12-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Not much into superman but all three together is making me think about getting him

Get the trio! After that im done with most justice league until the others like batgirl, and super girl comes out.

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 08:16 PM
so you're not done...?:p

"I'm done... Until more come out." haha

Peedi
12-25-2013, 08:33 PM

I believe Kris Anka was the main designer for Wonder Woman. He designed Superman and Batman as well and is credited on their SS pages. I think Artgerm is mostly on the Bat women characters.

A Cimmerian
12-25-2013, 08:36 PM
That Schumacher guy is a hell of a sculptor.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 08:39 PM

right where it should be :thumbs2:

Vracula
12-25-2013, 08:53 PM

There is no doubt!he is in an action pose,there will be one with a museum pose to go with these guys.

Looks like there will be a full polystone action pose line and mixed media museum line running in parallel.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 08:58 PM
you really think so Vrac? two different 1/4 scale lines at the same time? didn't SS say that their 1/4 scale line is in fact called premium format regardless if its sculpted or mixed media? i could have sworn they said this back when the spidey commiquette and Rhino commiquettes came out.

Finisher
12-25-2013, 09:10 PM

agree ;(

CessnaDriver
12-25-2013, 09:17 PM
There you go brother...

Gotta pinch myself, this is going to be THE holy DC trinity to own.

demonhunter
12-25-2013, 09:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/demonhuntermy/carlo_pagulayan.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/demonhuntermy/media/carlo_pagulayan.jpg.html)

I'm gonna display this Wonder Woman PF with this WW commission I got from Marvel artists Carlo Pagulayan. :D

mrslick32
12-25-2013, 09:29 PM

I like this suggestion. :goodpost:

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 10:18 PM
Just noticed she has her knee up. Not sure how I overlooked that. Why is this so common with Sideshow statues? I still think the statues awesome, but has nobody at sideshow noticed this and thought they should switch it up a little? Both feet planted on the ground with her hips twisted a little would have looked really nice I think.

wolf-brother
12-25-2013, 10:20 PM
This looks to be a stunning piece. Those who have been waiting for this must be pleased. She looks great to me.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 10:25 PM
Just noticed she has her knee up. Not sure how I overlooked that. Why is this so common with Sideshow statues? I still think the statues awesome, but has nobody at sideshow noticed this and thought they should switch it up a little? Both feet planted on the ground with her hips twisted a little would have looked really nice I think.

maybe they wanted to keep her similar to Bats and Supes pose wise?
your suggestion would have looked cool too.

demonhunter
12-25-2013, 10:28 PM
This looks to be a stunning piece. Those who have been waiting for this must be pleased. She looks great to me.

Oh yes, pleased, incredibly pleased. *rubs hands in glee*

I have not been so impressed, not since the prototype of Rogue PF with Jim Lee influenced Portrait.

Even more impressed than Red Sonja PF.

DynamicMenace
12-25-2013, 10:37 PM
agreed. Bulls Eye :buttrock:

Webb
12-25-2013, 10:57 PM

Why can't you order 2 ? Do you have the following,if so have them order for you pay in advance.

Mother
Father
Wife
Mistress
Sister
Brother
Coworkers
Friends
Neighbors
etc...

VS1976
12-25-2013, 11:00 PM
Why can't you order 2 ? Do you have the following,if so have them order for you pay in advance.

Mother :(
Father :(
Wife
Mistress
Sister
Brother
Coworkers
Friends
etc...

None of the above except for the last one. I've asked around but everyone wants one...

Shanesg
12-25-2013, 11:03 PM
maybe they wanted to keep her similar to Bats and Supes pose wise?
your suggestion would have looked cool too.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

Gyro Zeppeli
12-25-2013, 11:14 PM
It's basically the safe pose. It's a little different from a museum pose, but at the same time it is not dynamic. In doing this, they can shake it up slightly without having people dislike the pose. It's a very safe option, not much different from just having them stand tall. It's also a good way to show off a base and parts of their legs too.

supahman
12-26-2013, 03:39 AM
So happy, Trinity is getting Displayed in m home for sure..

now Bring on Supergirl.

Ohh, and please dont take a Gazzillion years to get this out. I'm stuill waiting for Supes n bats ! All 3 together ?? YES PLEASE ! :praying:

:flash:

SkyPirate82
12-26-2013, 06:03 AM
Going by that one image, I think I actually like her more than the Bats and Supes PFs. This one is going to be epic.

Hercules75
12-26-2013, 07:43 AM
Not very original..Looks a lot like a multitude of WW statues that were based Brian Bolland's cover to Wonder Woman #72 :thinking:

http://www.wonderwomanmuseum.com/images/wwdcd-bollandstatue.JPG

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 08:49 AM

Mother
Father
Wife
Mistress
Sister
Brother
Coworkers
Friends
Neighbors
etc...

"Like I told you before: I am not leaving my wife but you are safe....you are my other Sideshow account"

SuperJ300
12-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Not very original..Looks a lot like a multitude of WW statues that were based Brian Bolland's cover to Wonder Woman #72 :thinking:

Yes there are a few versions done, but sideshow looks like the best one by far.

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 09:46 AM
all are great looking statues, but SS's really took it to the next level.

DRAGONTHEBOMB
12-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I hope she comes with a Swap out Head sculpt like Bats and Superman Ex

adee
12-26-2013, 10:58 AM
Not crazy about the spear but I'm in for an EX.

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 11:06 AM
EX will be switch out right hand holding shield.
look at the little black box in the lower left hand corner of the image below.
as far as having an extra SO head. not sure what their plans are. but GL only came with a SO left hand with light up feature. a second head would be cool. but what would it be? her hair done up in a pony tail wrapped with some sort of cord or leather strips?

actionjackson83
12-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I would not do a swap out head unless she was wearing a collar, screw seam lines man.

luiggi505
12-26-2013, 11:26 AM
I don't think we need a change of head as the exclusive...I'm happy with that way she is right now. She is so pretty.

nbr3bagshotrow
12-26-2013, 11:34 AM
I don't think we need a change of head as the exclusive...I'm happy with that way she is right now. She is so pretty.
Ditto. Sold as is!

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 11:36 AM
but GL only came with a SO left hand with light up feature.

I don't care what anyone says (not even Sideshow): GL is not a real PF. It is clearly not in the same league as WW, Bats or Supes.

demonhunter
12-26-2013, 11:41 AM

I never liked EX Switch Out heads. Because if the EX head is a better portrait, I get bummed real bad.

As I cannot get the EX versions from my local retailer in Malaysia at all.

Switch out weapons, arms, legs poses, different bases, that's variety. We all get the one and only nicest head/portrait, while people who want to be exclusive still get their exclusivity. EVerybody wins this way.

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 11:44 AM
I would not do a swap out head unless she was wearing a collar, screw seam lines man.

good points guys. agreed. i like her hair down anyways. plus. the only other place to put the seam line would be directly under her chin and jaw line for it not to be that noticeable. but it still would anyway.
the only other suggestion i would make is for her to have SO hands for both left and right and have her readying her lasso of truth,. it could totally be doable with the position her arms are in. i went back and watched the video again to make sure that it could be done and from what i could tell it can be. will they? probably not. but it would be pretty cool if they did. but i did find something interesting when watching the video again. at the :15 to :16 second mark you'll see him sculpting her hand and in which it is holding a handle of something. looks to be a sword possibly. is it the handle for the shield as the photo suggests the EX will be? wonder what it is?
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/whats-new/wonder-woman-premium-format-figure-preview/

Comicbookguy
12-26-2013, 11:45 AM
I don't care what anyone says (not even Sideshow): GL is not a real PF. It is clearly not in the same league as WW, Bats or Supes.

:goodpost: GL is still so small next to these. It's better next to comiquettes.

Seam lines i never even care or noticed.it would be cool if we got a extra head in my opinion.
EX will be switch out right hand holding shield.
look at the little black box in the lower left hand corner of the image below.
as far as having an extra SO head. not sure what their plans are. but GL only came with a SO left hand with light up feature. a second head would be cool. but what would it be? her hair done up in a pony tail wrapped with some sort of cord or leather strips?

SS confirm no extra head :waa:

cannonlocke
12-26-2013, 11:46 AM

That's why I opted to get the DCD Museum Quality piece instead. I think it's a better representation despite the fact that his costume in reality isn't cloth. I can't wait to display him with Bats, Sups and Diana when they arrive.

Btw, EX for me as well - switch out portrait is a bonus but I'm happy with this. Now bring on Manhunter, Flash and Aquaman to complete the big seven!

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 11:57 AM

well considering what SS said about their 1/4 scale pieces back when they released the spiderman comiquette and rhino. from now on 1/4 whether they be mixed media or fully sculpted will be considered as PF. thats from the horses mouth. but if you dont care what the horse says then i guess it doesn't matter..:laugh:

dont really see what the gripe is about the GL PF. i think its a very nice sculpt. Tim did a killer job on it. yeah its not in a similar pose as the other three (Supes Bats and WW) but it still represents the GK extremely well.

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 12:11 PM
The horse wil say a lot of things to sell statues. Having seen the GL PF with my own two eyes I decided that it doesn't fit my collection. The proportions are off making it look small to me. The pose is weird with both arms being held up like they are. It is the Magneto Comiquette of the Sideshow DC PF line just begging to be done over again.

I can see them doing a "classic" GL PF like the DC Direct version later down the road.

luiggi505
12-26-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree, The GL doesnt fit very well with the Batman-Superman and now WW. Not sure how I'm gonna display them together, otherwise I will have to wait for the Flash.

built2shred
12-26-2013, 01:05 PM
I never liked the GL PF that much, lacked detail in the face and was not crazy about the pose.... I think Sinestro with his pose fits in better with Supes, Bats and WW then GL ...

Snadinator
12-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Lacked detail in the face? You have never seen it in person. It is quite stunning.

King Kobra
12-26-2013, 01:34 PM
The GL PF needs a redo stat.

dechirico7
12-26-2013, 02:22 PM
The shield looks hot. I am in the for the Ex. Still shocked by how awesome this looks.

Bullseye
12-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Why she is the greatest female super hero. It was bound to the be the greatest female PF :D

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 02:27 PM
it does look very nice.

dechirico7
12-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Why she is the greatest female super hero. It was bound to the be the greatest female PF :D

She is great, but I just expected Sideshow to go too sexy with her. To make her way too skinny and give her a chest that was bigger than her head. But they kept her classic and gave her some muscle tone. She has more muscle tone than She-Hulk. I love it.

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 02:40 PM
agreed :goodpost:
She is great, but I just expected Sideshow to go too sexy with her. To make her way too skinny and give her a chest that was bigger than her head. But they kept her classic and gave her some muscle tone. She has more muscle tone than She-Hulk. I love it.

yeah, there was no way in hell SS was going to screw this one up. most iconic female superhero ever. She Hulk is one PF i wanted to get for its beauty and design. probably still will. but i did feel that the SH PF was a bit under toned as well.

dechirico7
12-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Well, the She-Hulk PF is definitely gorgeous. I just wanted more muscle tone. I've been thinking about picking her up again. She would look awesome with my Scarlet Witch PF. But with how nice upcoming pieces are looking, I doubt I will have time to pick up past releases.

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 02:43 PM
yeah she is gorgeous. her Psylocke (first portrait run) and now WW.
im def gonna pick one up. may just get SH customized and have her toned up a bit more.

adee
12-26-2013, 03:12 PM
What is the significance of the spear? Does she use this weapon often in newer books. It's the only part of this piece I am questioning.

I don't get it.

Love that portrait though!

SuperJ300
12-26-2013, 03:26 PM
Lacked detail in the face? You have never seen it in person. It is quite stunning.

GL is a nice statue, but definitely does not fit in with this JLS line up sideshow is doing!

Would love another Green Lantern statue. Classic with similar material to Supes and Bats!

nbr3bagshotrow
12-26-2013, 03:28 PM
GL is a nice statue, but definitely does not fit in with this JLS line up sideshow is doing!

Would love another Green Lantern statue. Classic with similar material to Supes and Bats!

Agreed. Would love a GL in the style of the Batman and Superman.

mrslick32
12-26-2013, 03:28 PM
What is the significance of the spear? Does she use this weapon often in newer books. It's the only part of this piece I am questioning.

I don't get it.

I am not sure if she used a spear in the comics but I've seen several private ink/sketch commissions with her holding a spear.

dexterphoenix
12-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Just a personal opinion from a big WW fan. This PF will be a definite buy for me. I think she will look amazing with my Custom She-hulk Wonder Woman. It is just too long to wait. I just hope the paint job is as good as the prototype. Otherwise I am going to have her repainted.

adee
12-26-2013, 03:35 PM
I am not sure if she used a spear in the comics but I've seen several private ink/sketch commissions with her holding a spear.

I did some searching and found some images with her using a spear but they were few and far between.

I don't think it looks bad, just not the first thing I think of when I think of Diana.

http://medias.gifboom.com/medias/b532b19a7404440d8becfb198243ee4e@2x.gif

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Just a personal opinion from a big WW fan. This PF will be a definite buy for me. I think she will look amazing with my Custom She-hulk Wonder Woman. It is just too long to wait. I just hope the paint job is as good as the prototype. Otherwise I am going to have her repainted.

That thing is awesome dude. Probably the best WW Custom I've seen.

luiggi505
12-26-2013, 03:43 PM
The question now is, when she is going to be available for pre-order?

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 03:44 PM
The question now is, when she is going to be available for pre-order?

SDCC

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I say sooner

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I hope sooner.

luiggi505
12-26-2013, 03:58 PM

http://goodkindofgeek.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/3252484-wwarmor6.jpg

The more weapons she carries, the better chances to display her with alternative accesories.

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I was hoping she would come with a bazooka.

Bullseye
12-26-2013, 04:09 PM
WW210
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/statueforum/41A1060C-3365-4BAE-9B8A-6AF857BEB7B9_zpszhtfjqlx.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/statueforum/media/41A1060C-3365-4BAE-9B8A-6AF857BEB7B9_zpszhtfjqlx.jpg.html)

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 04:11 PM
WW210
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/statueforum/41A1060C-3365-4BAE-9B8A-6AF857BEB7B9_zpszhtfjqlx.jpg (http://s76.photobucket.com/user/statueforum/media/41A1060C-3365-4BAE-9B8A-6AF857BEB7B9_zpszhtfjqlx.jpg.html)

I had a feeling you'd have some material to post here.

That picture's awesome.

adee
12-26-2013, 04:14 PM
That is a cool image. Is she in Yankee stadium?

built2shred
12-26-2013, 04:17 PM

I don't get it.

It's more of a weapon that she trained with growing up as an Amazon Warrior... If you ever watch the animated movies or even in comics when she goes back to her island all the guards have swords, bows and spears...

I imagine the sword, spear and shield are more of a statement about where she comes from then anything else.

Hercules75
12-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Would've preferred this look and pose but this is still going to be the best WW statue ever made

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/335/5/5/wonder_woman_amazon_warrior_by_jeffach-d6wg73e.jpg

ambasah
12-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I would love a Linda Carter version to be announced down the road as well.

Hellboy
12-26-2013, 04:38 PM
I'm glad they didn't go with a boring pose like that.

Hercules75
12-26-2013, 04:40 PM
I'm glad they didn't go with a boring pose like that.

What about the costume and model?

adee
12-26-2013, 04:46 PM
I prefer what SS did compared to that image. I can't wait till the full reveal.
She's really beautiful and the expression on her face is awesome.

floreairfoot
12-26-2013, 05:16 PM
I love the spear, it's a tribute to Athena. :cool:

http://www.indepthinfo.com/greek-gods/images/athena.jpg

built2shred
12-26-2013, 05:25 PM
What about the costume and model?

Costume is not bad, but the model's legs are to thick, chest is to wide and she has a huge head. If I remember right this guy photoshops parts off various models to make his WW photos's so that's probably why the parts look a bit out of proportion with each other. All in all she looks a bit to manly for my tastes

I like SS version the best it's a perfect compromise of beauty and athleticism

adee
12-26-2013, 05:28 PM
I love the spear, it's a tribute to Athena. :cool:

http://www.indepthinfo.com/greek-gods/images/athena.jpg

Ahhh That's what I was looking for!

Thanks floreairfoot :goodpost:

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 05:49 PM

Well, yes WW has used a spear in the comics. in Superman/Batman comic storyline "The Supergirl from Krypton" just to name one. im sure here are more.
not to mention the whole entire amazon tribe uses them to train with. its one of the signature weapons of the amazon women. just as it was for the Spartans.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XS5pZLQ_pQg/TKQtQGL-q-I/AAAAAAAABm0/f60aT5VAqV4/s1600/Image0002.JPG
http://www.shiggypop.com/Prints/Images/SupermanBatman10.jpg
http://alexross422003.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/supermanbatman10.jpg
http://comicartcommunity.com/gallery/data/media/148/Batman_0151.jpg

luiggi505
12-26-2013, 06:12 PM
Do you think the SS Dc female characters are a hit? I like what I see so far with Poison Ivy, Harley....I can only imagine what it willl be like with Power Girl, Batgirl, Supergirl and so on:drooling:....

DynamicMenace
12-26-2013, 06:50 PM
most definitely Louis

Doctor Doom
12-26-2013, 07:00 PM
Do you think the SS Dc female characters are a hit? I like what I see so far with Poison Ivy, Harley....I can only imagine what it willl be like with Power Girl, Batgirl, Supergirl and so on:drooling:....

AMEN!:praying:

SolidLiquidFox
12-26-2013, 07:05 PM
DC PF line is fresh and they are taking extra care of most of the releases.

Power Girl preorder may crash the website...

Madame_Siryn
12-26-2013, 07:26 PM
This is a must-have for me because I LOVE Wonder Woman! I'm liking what I see so far and I'm definitely glad that her face doesn't look masculine. Her face looks determined like the warrior that she is while at the same time maintaining grace.

cuhan
12-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Happy and sad at the same time.
I really love her, but then the final product will be nowhere close to that beauty.

As for the spear, i like it. But I really hope they can come out with extra pose/weapon. Can't imagine how much space she need with that spear.

Shanesg
12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
DC PF line is fresh and they are taking extra care of most of the releases.

Power Girl preorder may crash the website...

PG is what I've been waiting for since the DC line was announced. I don't know how long its gonna take to see her, but it's already pre-ordered in my mind. haha

I know some people are against mixed media, but I hope when they get around to her, they give her the ms. marvel treatment.

Sorry, back to WW. :)

Nerdy Black Guy
12-26-2013, 08:48 PM
I love this. I will order it.

XMAN
12-26-2013, 09:10 PM
GREAT LOOKING PIECE....what else is there to say?

Xaerius
12-26-2013, 09:28 PM
Personally, I think this one looks pretty great. I do think that the face looks a little bit masculine from certain angles but I know that Sideshow won't disappoint us with their final reveal.

If the face stays the same, I'm still in for this one because she looks powerful, confident and hot, in my opinion. I also agree with those who are HAPPY that Sideshow didn't over-inflate the breast area!

They took their time revealing this but it was definitely worth the wait, in my opinion.

I do really hope that they find a way to enhance the skin tone paint application. It really looks monotone in a bad way right now. I'm comparing it to the way that Bowen did the Ms. Marvel 70's edition skin tones, BTW. If Bowen can get it done, it really shouldn't be no problem for SSC. ;)

EDIT...looking at the released pictures again, the skin tone doesn't look so bad after all.

wolf-brother
12-26-2013, 09:49 PM
Thumbs up for those who were waiting for this. Looks like SS knocked this out of the park and is not going to disappoint you. I think the spear works great and from what I see there isn't anything to complain about, she looks iconic. I am not a DC fan but I can see that this is impressive and will be a big hit. I think this will be the better of Supes and Batman.

mrslick32
12-27-2013, 12:02 AM
At this point it's hard to judge the skin tone because the lighting on the video might not accurately reflect the skin tone. In addition, Sideshow must still be tweaking some parts of this statue which could be the reason why this isn't up for preorder yet. However, I hope that they get the skin tone right. :praying:

DynamicMenace
12-27-2013, 12:11 AM
well that will be all up to the factory in China that makes the production pieces. so lets hope they get it right. :thumbs2:

mrslick32
12-27-2013, 12:20 AM
well that will be all up to the factory in China that makes the production pieces. so lets hope they get it right. :thumbs2:

I hope that Sideshow is reading our comments on this forum and taking notes on what its customers want. I believe that Chinese factory workers can make great looking pieces if the statue company demands it. Just look at the Gentle Giant Sucker Punch statues as an example.

CessnaDriver
12-27-2013, 12:31 AM

Pray to god, devil or sun that the patented trademark Sideshow lazy eye does not befall her!

Cyber-Lip
12-27-2013, 12:41 AM
are the shorts fabric?

Shanesg
12-27-2013, 12:54 AM
I thought they were for a sec, but if you pause the video you can see they are painted.

DynamicMenace
12-27-2013, 12:58 AM
perhaps for now. things could change. her bustier could be fabric or some sort of faux leather.
but i sure do like the looks just they way she is right now. man i wish this was in stock ready to ship.

Shanesg
12-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Yeah I hope they keep this one all sculpt. I'd be cool with the lasso being real rope. Not like that would be a deal breaker though.

built2shred
12-27-2013, 01:14 AM
I would be really surprised if they go mix media on her given the video shows everything as sculpted and painted... Plus I just don't think it would look as good mixed media. To be honest I wish Batman and Superman PF's were all painted also... Allows you to show off more of the sculpted details which are otherwise covered up with materials when u go mixed media..

The plus side of mixed media is a less chance they will screw up the paint app, since there's less statue to paint..

DynamicMenace
12-27-2013, 01:33 AM
Yeah I hope they keep this one all sculpt. I'd be cool with the lasso being real rope. Not like that would be a deal breaker though.
right. i actually am hoping they do use real rope for her lasso. im a huge fan of realism. so whenever they can incorporate something thats real to the statue im all for it. i think the real rope would really be a better choice for her seems how its her signature accessory.
I would be really surprised if they go mix media on her given the video shows everything as sculpted and painted... Plus I just don't think it would look as good mixed media. To be honest I wish Batman and Superman PF's were all painted also... Allows you to show off more of the sculpted details which are otherwise covered up with materials when u go mixed media..

The plus side of mixed media is a less chance they will screw up the paint app, since there's less statue to paint..

yea. i think when it comes to the capes. they should have been material rather than sculpted. only because the costume itself is cloth. would have looked and worked a lot better. i would rather have seen the statues fully sculpted due to the fact that the capes were. with the capes being so large and being sculpted and the rest of the costume being cloth. they just seem out of place to me.

Shanesg
12-27-2013, 01:40 AM

Yeah I like to think that because there is less to paint, they spend more time on the few painted parts there are, to make them look really good. The Joker, for example, had minimal paint application, but what was done, was done very well.

DynamicMenace
12-27-2013, 01:45 AM
very true

Vracula
12-27-2013, 02:15 AM
This is the the same conundrum I had with IVY ,how are they gonna nail that face paint job?

DiscoCougar
12-27-2013, 07:46 AM
I wish OP's would update their first posts with all the pics that get newly posted. If he ever decides to, I took a few more shots from the video that luiggi505 (http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4727173&postcount=20) missed (or didn't get a great quality of)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/01.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/02.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/03.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/04.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/05.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/06.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/vash080/sswwsc/07.jpg

SuperJ300
12-27-2013, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the pics discocougar!

Looks like exclusive might have the option of strapping the shield or holding the shield?

Shoo
12-27-2013, 08:23 AM
I hope that Sideshow is reading our comments on this forum and taking notes on what its customers want. I believe that Chinese factory workers can make great looking pieces if the statue company demands it.

OK then. Would this particular statue company kindly ask those factory workers to please have her eyes painted looking in the same frikking direction then? Thanks, statue company.

Really, unfortunately we all know there's quite a big chance she ends up with Sideshow's trademark stupid chameleon look, which would be a disgrace for this beautiful statue.

I hope she turns out to be more Storm PF (which was a very good product) than Poison Ivy PF (whose stare was a travesty of the prototype in such a high percentage of the units).

Please, please, prove me wrong, Sideshow.