PDA

View Full Version : Twórin Blackaxe - a Dwarf Warrior

Niinui
12-30-2013, 10:39 PM
This is one of my latest original figurines; a dwarf warrior. I sculpt, mold, cast and paint them, so this is 100% handmade by me :p

The figurine stands 6" tall from top to bottom. The paint job is made exclusively with brushes, an airbrush did not really make much sense.

"Twórin Blackaxe, the eldest son of Faláin Oakfist, is one of the bravest warriors in the army of the Kingdom of Lotháilin. He is not one for chit-chat and many words; he only speaks if absolutely necessary. He is a simple man but stout-hearted at the core.
He can come across a little surly at times, especially if he has only just met you. He does not trust people easily, you have to earn his respect by proving yourself a worthy friend or even opponent. He will walk through fire for his family and those who make it into his small circle of close friends.

Twórin has been fighting evil for as long as he can remember; dragons, malevolent neighboring tribes and all sorts of underground creatures are not unknown to him. As of late, however, evil has begun to assume an even more challenging form of evil that is hitting too close to home. Twórin knows that some things are too important and too big to be ignored, and this will put all his faith in good, in family, to the test.

When the time comes, Twórin will be made king of Lotháilin, a task he is willing to fulfill for the sake of his father, but a lingering fear keeps him from pursuing the throne fully out of free will. He knows far too well that this decision might make the kingdom fall apart. It will be a delicate matter, one he hopes to be able to settle without spilling blood."

Andrew
12-31-2013, 12:29 PM
Great looking figure! Excellent sculpt and paint job! You have great talent. :thumbs2:

Any other work you can share? :)

Niinui
12-31-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks so much, and yes I have. I just didn't want to flood the forum with multiple threads at once. Maybe I'll do one thread with all the other figurines instead.

DynamicMenace
12-31-2013, 11:27 PM
cute little buggah.
nice work

Arcusprime
12-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Fantastic work all around!

Jerseydevil
01-01-2014, 12:15 AM
Wow. What a great, original sculpt. And I love the paints. Very nicely done!

Niinui
01-01-2014, 03:34 AM
Thanks everyone :)

PS: Happy New Year to you all ;)

Babytoxie
01-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Very nice!

Back in my days of D&D, I played a dwarf fighter most of the time. I love those characters!