PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to sell paper?

Simplyrob
01-04-2014, 01:08 AM
So, I was flipping through my obese presentation case earlier today and realized my collection needs to thin. What method of sales would you guys think is best for prints? I know eBay is convenient but you honestly get waxed on fees. Of course, there is a much larger audience and potentially extra funds. Paypal fees are inevitable. EB seems like more haters than anything. I'm in a number of FB groups, those might be valuable resources. Not sure if there are many other options.

pavehawk78
01-04-2014, 01:12 AM
I've never sold anything on EB but I've bought a few things with zero problems.

Underdog07
01-04-2014, 01:41 AM
eBay of course is best. Pony up the 10% and don't worry about it as they give you the widest platform

FROBAY
01-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Ebay will get you more exposure on the items your selling. I do a poster collection thin out every so often on Ebay.

Simplyrob
01-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Ebay will get you more exposure on the items your selling. I do a poster collection thin out every so often on Ebay.

I need it bad, I've run outta pages.

johnclone
01-04-2014, 10:07 AM
eBay of course is best. Pony up the 10% and don't worry about it as they give you the widest platform

not sure that selling ponies on ebay is the best idea :D

Prevail69
01-04-2014, 05:13 PM
Ive sold both on Ebay and EB.

EB - You will get less $ for your print even without the ebay fees.
- plus side, is you are dealing with people who know about prints, how to ship communicate etc.

Ebay - you can get more $ i find... but sometimes you have to deal with some less experienced art collectors.

Matches Malone
01-04-2014, 06:10 PM
You can always toss your list on the "trading post" thread here. Maybe someone has an ISO of yours that you can work something out on.

Whirl Wind Boy
01-05-2014, 11:51 PM
Ive sold both on Ebay and EB.

EB - You will get less $ for your print even without the ebay fees.
- plus side, is you are dealing with people who know about prints, how to ship communicate etc.

Ebay - you can get more $ i find... but sometimes you have to deal with some less experienced art collectors.

THIS! I just sold a piece to a d-bag on ebay who wants to return a piece because he thought it would have been something different. I clearly had no returns, everything was described as was, but he for some reason assumed a screen print meant it was a litho.

I've sold and traded on expressobeans with 0 problems!