PDA

View Full Version : update: London Super Comic Con

dfens91
03-17-2014, 07:26 PM
Hi Guys,
Just completed the London Comic Con, which was cool as it was mainly for comic book enthusiast.

I got a few pieces from these artist.

Gary Frank is such a top bloke, very genuine and understanding. He came to Australia before i asked him if he would like to return he loved to but he has kids to look after. He said when they are older he might consider. He was working on Batman Earth One #2. Got commission of Mary Marvel and completed JLA jam piece.

Spoke to Frank Cho, said he had a bad time in Melbourne. He would consider coming to Sydney. Advised him that he would be treated like a king, up to Supanova to contact him. Did not get anything from him as there were long lines and his list was full pre-con.

Sean Phillips is a nice guy, drew a sketch on any Hardcover purchased of his work. Got nice fatale sketch.

Adi Granov, I went straight to his line first day and was 2nd in line. Wasted my time waiting as he was not taking commission despite advising on his facebook that he might. I was disappointed I wasted my time. Seem like a nice guy.

Yanick Paquette, cool guy, had a lot of interesting views on things, very intellectual. Was not able to get on his list as he was busy constantly.

Howard Chaykin, very interesting things he has to say.
I enjoyed hearing him and he looked after the fans waiting.

Mike Grell, very nice and understanding veteran. Apparently someone took a commission piece using someone else name on list. When the fan came to collect it it was gone and paid for, so Mike redrew it for him on the spot. Started my new JLA part 2 jam piece with Green Arrow.

Most popular was Dan Slott and Charlie Adlard, had long lines for signatures.

Apart from that most of my time was waiting in line and I did not get to see other artist as the lines were too long.

All in All, I got my piece from Gary Frank and that made up for the disappointments I had.

MrSinister
03-17-2014, 11:04 PM
Excellent haul, and great story :goodpost:

lordrycon
03-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Cool stuff, love Gary Franks work