PDA

View Full Version : Who is Getting The Attakus General Grievous?

SpenK
08-23-2005, 05:49 PM
I am .................. :eplus2:
It will be smaller than the SS (Also On Order) But I really like the detail and Pose of The piece

Zurbaran1
08-23-2005, 05:53 PM
It looks like this one will also be a nice piece but I'm going with the SS Exclusive.

cap70
08-23-2005, 05:55 PM
I'm pretty sure this will be awesome, but I will pass. No SW characters from the last Trilogy for me anymore.

SpenK
08-23-2005, 06:03 PM
I'm pretty sure this will be awesome, but I will pass. No SW characters from the last Trilogy for me anymore.
Why.....There a pretty Cool Caracters From The new Trilogy Like......................................Jar Jar .............. :banghead:

TURINS~BANE
08-23-2005, 06:47 PM
Just the SS one for me, I still don't think the Attakus one is in the same league.

Sniper
08-23-2005, 06:58 PM
Just the SS one for me, I still don't think the Attakus one is in the same league. you have it backwards,
sideshow can never come close to the amount and quality attakus has produced.

The General
08-23-2005, 07:08 PM
If I can get it for a decent price maybe, just because I like the scale of the Attakus pieces. BUT I'll probably wait for a GG version and save myself $200.

C1eaN
08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
I have yet to see or own anything SS that has the consistent quality of Attakus. To each his own though.

However, having owned most of the SSW LOTR collection I am speaking from an informed point of view.

Hellboy
08-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Most likely I'll pass since I have the SS version on order. It does look nice though just not as striking as the SS version.

Wooktroop
08-23-2005, 08:55 PM
not a GG fan

sithcommeth
08-23-2005, 09:20 PM
Ill be getting this item.

SpenK
08-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I Will Get Both And Almost Certain I will...............................KEEP THEM!!!!!!
Now has somebody heard someware that Gentle Giant Will Produce a General Grievous 1/6 Figure ??? The Maquette is coming next month so I really dont think they will produce another figure of this character........... :mad:

sithcommeth
08-23-2005, 09:21 PM
:DJsmile: Ill be getting this item.

Ghost
08-23-2005, 09:32 PM
you have it backwards,

You got it backwards! :P I'm with Zurb, I like it but I'm going with the SS Ex.

Zurbaran1
08-23-2005, 09:35 PM
you have it backwards,

You really do smoke crack. Attakus does some great work but if you don't think Sideshow just as good well then go smoke another bowl.

C1eaN
08-23-2005, 10:02 PM
You really do smoke crack. Attakus does some great work but if you don't think Sideshow just as good well then go smoke another bowl.

bowl = weed..not crack... ;)

Zurbaran1
08-23-2005, 10:04 PM
Shows you what I know. But he's still high on crack, however he got that way. :laugh:

C1eaN
08-23-2005, 10:19 PM
Shows you what I know. But he's still high on crack, however he got that way. :laugh:

LOL... :laugh:

cap70
08-23-2005, 10:38 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of girls arguying which N'Sync member you like most! :eplus2:
Both companies makes awesome stuff. In the ends all depends on what you collect and what's worth for you. Attakus makes top notch stuff, so does SS. But I agree about Attakus consistency beeing better (principally paint jobs)after owning MANY Attakus and Sideshow pieces.

Jerseydevil
08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of girls arguying which N'Sync member you like most! :eplus2:

Nah, Zurb's a Backstreet Boys kind of guy. :laugh:(Now, I know I left my bowl lying around here somewhere. Probably next to my pipe)

Ia Zista Zass
08-24-2005, 12:33 AM
I like both co's...

+1 for Attakus consisitency...and SS's lack thereof..(varying makeup schemes on their Luke)
but...I think Attakus' lack of "depth/detail" on some of their faces leaves something to be desired...I'm not talking about their "licensing likeness" issues...if there is an issue...I'm talking about some of their faces lacking shading/detail...
So Having said that....
+1 SS's paint scheme on their Grievous is simply amazing...textured armor plairing et al.
+1 SS's scale "lends" itself better to their Grievous...his cape? The best use of actual fabric in their entire line...

I gotta go w/ SS on this Grievous If I was going the either/or route......it's a perfect mating of co. and character...

But If I had the chance I'd probably get both, and display them far away from 1 another...

The SS Grievous is simply awe inspiring scale and all.....

IZZ

cap70
08-24-2005, 01:17 AM
I like both co's...

+1 for Attakus consisitency...and SS's lack thereof..(varying makeup schemes on their Luke)
but...I think Attakus' lack of "depth/detail" on some of their faces leaves something to be desired...I'm not talking about their "licensing likeness" issues...if there is an issue...I'm talking about some of their faces lacking shading/detail...

IZZ

I'm pretty sure Attakus Grievous will be very detailed as well with a top notch painting job. IMO Attakus are the best on masked characters/SW creatures, those have an amazing level of details and superb paint jobs.... but just ok on SW human characters(even tough Han Solo and Leia looks pretty good to me, I have both). Luke it's terrible, looks like a 10 year old kid(even tough the details on his cloth are awesome). SS it's better with humans, but then the scale it's bigger, which helps. I think SS did a phenomenal job with Obi-Wan, Luke and Hans likeness. Better than any other company did.

cap70
08-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Nah, Zurb's a Backstreet Boys kind of guy. :laugh:(Now, I know I left my bowl lying around here somewhere. Probably next to my pipe)

:laugh:
I knew he liked. I heard he is now a member? I remember seeing a picture of Backstreet Boys and I could swear Zurby was in there..but I may be wrong...

:laugh:

Jamesways
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
I won't be picking up either one, but I do think both of these are going to be phenominal pieces of work. The SS one looks amazing with the armor weathering/texture. And I am sure the paint aps on the attakus will be fantastic. I do prefer sculpted capes as opposed to fabric, and love the look of it.

Expensive, but great time to be a GG fan.

Collection King 13
08-24-2005, 10:37 AM
I think they both look great but the edge goes to the SS one because of the Pose....

Bullseye
08-24-2005, 10:44 AM
I think they both look great but the edge goes to the SS one because of the Pose....

I agree the pose on the SS is just a little bit better.

Jamesways
08-24-2005, 10:54 AM
yeah, I love the four arms spread. I wonder if can take the take out the sabers to adjust em, you know, flip it and make one of the top ones point down.
Bad***!

Mini-Rock
08-24-2005, 08:08 PM

I agree. To me, the SS GG pose is what makes it the definitive GG. Both would be a great addition to any high-end collection though. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go with cape or with out on the SS GG.

Zurbaran1
08-24-2005, 08:14 PM
... I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to go with cape or with out on the SS GG.

Don't sweat it. Leave it on for a while then take it off for a while. Alternate. It should be easy enough. I'm going with the cape on, at least initially. Now if SS is watching and will only surprise us with some tiny lighsabers for the inside of the cape, that would be awesome!!!

Ghost
08-24-2005, 09:03 PM
Don't sweat it. Leave it on for a while then take it off for a while. Alternate. It should be easy enough. I'm going with the cape on, at least initially. Now if SS is watching and will only surprise us with some tiny lighsabers for the inside of the cape, that would be awesome!!!

To tell you the truth, it irked me and a friend that he had those pockets in his cape and not have the lightsabers hanging by their hilts off his belt like in the Clone Wars series. Either way some mini sabers would rock.

Mini-Rock
08-25-2005, 12:40 AM

I don't ever see myself taking GG out of its acrylic case once I put it in; but, it's nice to have that option. :)

I just remebered, though, that I promised the exclusive to a friend (for helping me out countless times) if he wanted it. Either way, I'll be happy with either one. :)

RichardW
08-25-2005, 01:19 PM
They both look great. I have the SS exclusive on order. I might order this one as soon as he goes up somewhere.

Gianco
08-25-2005, 07:03 PM
I'll go with SS, already have it for pre-order. The SS pose is amazing!

Exar Kun
09-05-2005, 08:33 AM
http://pegases.chez.tiscali.fr/avatar_img/grigri.jpg

:buttrock: ATTAKUS: GO ON!

sithcommeth
09-06-2005, 09:55 AM
i will be getting both the SS and Attakus!!

SpenK
09-06-2005, 10:03 AM
i will be getting both the SS and Attakus!!
I Have the SS Grievous Exclusive On Order and I am also thinking of getting the attakus depending on the final painted product :eplus2:

rosko23
09-14-2005, 09:41 AM
I Have the SS Grievous Exclusive On Order and I am also thinking of getting the attakus depending on the final painted product :eplus2:

Does anyone know the release date on this?

Philly Eagle
09-16-2005, 11:28 AM
im down with both. the SS is HUGE, and incredible in everyway. but cmon, attakus is the premier statue maker. they are really 2 totally different classes to me, and id have one of each if you could afford it. you cant go wrong with either one really.