PDA

View Full Version : Scale for everything we are doing

ZKULPTOR
07-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Ok guys,
So Jorge and I had a nice meeting this morning and we feel we can't give you something smaller than true 1/6th as we have with Steeet a Fighter.
So even though we had already printed Nightwing we are reprinting him bit larger so all our stuff will be true 1/6th.
We hope you will realize that for the same price you will get kits that will be true to scale.

That is all please comment, your feedback is important to us.

Vince-Vell
07-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Fine me with, just get Rose done!!!! :praying::praying:

krec99
07-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Would love to see bison done then vega then maybe rose.

ReplicantSavior
07-05-2014, 10:30 PM
I'm kind of confused. People wanted smaller scale from Prototypez? I don't remember all the proposed scales. I remember talk about busts. Museum poses and action poses for the DC stuff. I think these were slightly different scales? And with the Street Fighter stuff 1/6 and up coming 1/4. That's about it.

LOOP-DOG
07-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Likewise I thought I read abt 1/6, 1/5, & 1/4. Now I know as some characters are bulkier and taller than others they will vary in size and girth but they should def be "true" to scale. The SF line is a perfect example. Look at Sagat vs the Ryu and Ken etc. keep that course. Thanks for asking for out input :)

supermn619
07-06-2014, 12:42 AM
I'm cool with that! No complaints here:)

dark_spidey
07-06-2014, 07:35 AM
Pretty sure Erick is referring to bowen scale which is 1/7. Same for his koto stuff

So his DC line will be larger than those in terms of scale

Snipper
07-06-2014, 12:16 PM
a DC Line that is 1/6 is alright with me.

Matches Malone
07-06-2014, 01:13 PM
1/6 is perfect; No complaints here. The market for larger and smaller scale stuff is crowded by Sideshow and DCD offerings. Also it has literally been decades that folks have been asking for 1/6 "Bowen scale" pieces.

Love seeing the time and care being put forth on this E.

nexus
07-06-2014, 09:59 PM
I thought Koto was 1:6 but I only have a few pieces thus far. I believe Gentle Giant does true 1/6 but I'm not crazy about their Marvel pieces. Personally I would rather Proto produce a line that would match up with Bowen & Koto, but I can live with it not happening. I don't really plan on displaying the DC and Marvel lines together.

Bowen's 1/7 (statue) & 1/8 (bust) scale has been more of a guideline than a rule with some statues coming in ridiculously undersized and others clocking in too large. Part of that likely has to do with different sculptors, different production facilities, the switchover to digital sculpting process, variations in shrinkage, etc. as well as some lax in scale control. While overall I give the BD line very high marks, the choice of 1/7 vs. a more standard 1/6 and scale inconsistency within the lines are the two things I dislike most.

We'll see how it all goes once pieces start rolling.

duke fleed
07-06-2014, 11:58 PM
1/6 scale is a good scale majority of kits is in this scale. Please continue the Street fighter line at the same scale you allready done ryu blanka ken and sagat....and now do a he honda please.
I think 1/6 scale is more like hard hero statues

DynamicMenace
07-08-2014, 06:20 PM
so what will be in 1/5th scale?
any idea when you'll be showing whats in-store for that scale?

ZKULPTOR
07-09-2014, 04:05 PM
1/6 scale is a good scale majority of kits is in this scale. Please continue the Street fighter line at the same scale you allready done ryu blanka ken and sagat....and now do a he honda please.
I think 1/6 scale is more like hard hero statues
Honda is on his way :)

ZKULPTOR
07-09-2014, 04:06 PM
so what will be in 1/5th scale?
any idea when you'll be showing whats in-store for that scale?
I want to do Thundercats in that line and for sure DC, stay tuned we are getting a lot of stuff approved, but there's a few steps to take :)

DynamicMenace
07-09-2014, 04:46 PM
I want to do Thundercats in that line and for sure DC, stay tuned we are getting a lot of stuff approved, but there's a few steps to take :)

killah!!! glad to see you wanting to do the TC in 1/5th like i wanted you to do. :D

looking forward

loricstone
07-09-2014, 06:38 PM
killah!!! glad to see you wanting to do the TC in 1/5th like i wanted you to do. :D

looking forward

I think 1/5 TC line is the perfect scale for these characters.

I wish the best on this line once you get to it.

rhy
07-11-2014, 11:26 PM
bit larger so all our stuff will be true 1/6th.
We hope you will realize that for the same price you will get kits that will be true to scale.

Prototype quality kits, that are true to scale...This is why I buy your products...great stuff

Wolverine1
04-26-2015, 01:56 PM
How hard would it be just to make everything prepainted, or have a separate line. Im A. too lazy to learn to paint and B. don't wanna have to ship it everywhere to have it painted and back.