PDA

View Full Version : Ask XM Studios **Q&A ONLY** *FAQs post #2*

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Hellboy
07-21-2014, 06:52 PM
This thread is dedicated to asking XM Studios questions about current product, upcoming product and/or potential future product including but not limited to upcoming character choices.

In an effort to keep this thread as organized and on point as possible we would ask that members keep this thread dedicated to Questions & Answers and relegate detailed product discussion to their appropriate threads within this section.

This thread will remain "sticky" in this section for easy access. It will also remain locked until I've had a chance to coordinate with the XM rep here. His post will follow mine giving him the ability to edit the front end of this thread as he so chooses. Possibly listing frequently asked questions so as not to have to keep answering them repeatedly for those not willing to keep up with the thread in it's entirety.

shorudan
07-22-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello to all! My name is Bryan (aka Shorudan), many of you who know me know that I'm a part-time helper and member of the XM Team. I help XM with all contracts, business thingees and also help with official announcements and updates. As I actually have a full time job, please accept my sincerest apologies if I'm unable to respond as quickly as you may expect. I try to log on and check things at least once every 2 nights and certainly on the weekends.

Thank you D Rod, Bullseye, Erick Sosa, Hell boy and all other Mods who made this section possible. You guys are super awesome.

Now on to some commonly asked questions. I will update this sticky as and when I find new questions that should be stickied. For a start, here's a list of good-to-know (which is also on our website at http://www.xm-studios.com/faq.aspx) Our Facebook page is on https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios (Kudos to Demona for requesting for this!)

WHICH COUNTRIES DO YOU SELL & SHIP YOUR PRODUCTS TO? LAST UPDATED 19 Feb 2016
XM Studios' MARVEL licensing rights only cover ASIA including China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, South Korea and Brunei. As such, we can only directly sell or market our products to customers in these countries. We apologise sincerely if we are unable to sell to customers or fans in other countries. The good news is we have appointed an exclusive Europe distributor, Semic Distribution who can sell our MARVEL licensed products in Europe now!

OUR DISTRIBUTORS IN SOUTH EAST ASIA AND EUROPE! LAST UPDATED 19 Feb 2016
These are our official distributors where we can sell - don't forget, you can also buy direct from the XM website as well! I will update as and when we get new distributors.

1) SimplyToys (Singapore) http://www.simplytoys.com.sg/
2) FunzCentre (Singapore) http://funzcentre.com/
3) Hobby Atelier (Singapore) https://www.facebook.com/HobbyAtelierSingapore
4) Toy Industries (Singapore) http://www.playstore.com.sg
5) GZToystore (Indonesia) http://gztoystore.com/
6) Toyz Corner (Indonesia) http://www.toyzcorner.com
7) Big GreatToys (Philippines) http://www.greattoysonline.com/gto/
8) MaxiCollector (Philippines) http://www.maxicollector.com/index.html
9) Toys Station (Thailand) http://www.toysstation-online.com/
10) Lil-monsters (Malaysia) http://lil-monsters.net/
11) Semic Distribution (Europe*) http://www.semic-distribution.com/en/

I WANT THE SILVER COINS - WHY DIDN'T I GET ONE? DOESN'T IT COME WITH ALL PURCHASES?
It is important to understand that Silver coins are not "Exclusives" - they are simply promotional "Pre order Giveaways" which is specifically for rewarding early birds. Hence we only produce around 50% of the ES e.g. Captain America ES is 500, we produce 250 Silver coins for early birds or pre-orders. If the coins came with all statues, then they would not be promotional and would just become one of the standard parts and lose their meaning. The silver coins are real silver plated (they cost us abit to produce) so it is actually our investment to say thank you to early purchasing customers. Silver coins only come with Comic Edition Statues and not Movie Edition Statues.

WHEN THERE ARE ART PRINTS, EVERY CUSTOMER GETS IT!
For XM, we don't have exclusives for our Statues - we believe every piece, being low ES is our promise of delivering exclusive products to our customers. If there's an Art Print that comes along with a product, EVERY CUSTOMER gets that art print. Don't be misled that only 'exclusives' comes with Art Prints.

Please go to http://www.xm-studios.com/po-ship-dates.aspx to view latest updates!

Remember Me?
07-22-2014, 12:49 PM
When will we see Magneto painted?

What is the specs of Magneto? Thanks

Hellboy
07-22-2014, 12:55 PM
Any idea when we might see the brown costumed Wolverine sneaked?

I'd love to at least see the concept art before the yellow/blue goes up for pre-order so I can make an informed decision on which piece I prefer.

Thanks. :)

shorudan
07-22-2014, 01:04 PM
When will we see Magneto painted?

What is the specs of Magneto? Thanks

Painted version will be revealed in September during Singapore's Toy Convention. As for Specs, let me try and get those details and I'll post em in the Magneto thread.

Thor57
07-22-2014, 01:05 PM
As far as coins go, do retailers like Simply Toys receive them when they pre order for their site? Or are they specifically for direct pre orders through XM?

Thor57
07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
And when is Thor being painted?

Sharkey
07-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Is there any word of licenses to anything other than Marvel or DC?

Also, are there any plans for a Dark Phoenix sculpt? (same issue as above ^, would like to know before getting the other version).

shorudan
07-22-2014, 01:21 PM
As far as coins go, do retailers like Simply Toys receive them when they pre order for their site? Or are they specifically for direct pre orders through XM?

We manufacture coins for 50% of ES (e.g. 250 silver coins for 500 statues). We try to allocate evenly across a group of retailers who order from us but naturally the more Retailer A orders, the more coins we allocate to them. We do keep an allocated set of coins for our direct online orders through XM and our events.

And when is Thor being painted?

He will be revealed in September at the Singapore Toy Convention.

Also, are there any plans for a Dark Phoenix sculpt? (same issue as above ^, would like to know before getting the other version).

Mmm... can't reveal license discussions at this point due to confidential reasons but we are definitely having more than just Marvel license, that much I can tell ya! ;) No current plans for Dark Phoenix sculpt - we don't like to repaint our statues and say it's a different statue so if we are coming up with Dark Phoenix, it will be a new sculpt totally. Don't be sad though, I'm not saying we won't do a Dark Phoenix as we are still in the process of collating our next lines of characters so there's still a chance!

Lawnknome
07-22-2014, 01:24 PM

This one is huge. I am going to be preordering in the future from BBTS, hoping they can get coins too!

Lawnknome
07-22-2014, 01:31 PM
Second question, is there a full list of retailers carrying XM products?

Sharkey
07-22-2014, 01:39 PM
Awesome, thanks Bryan! Hope to see the new licenses soon!

wolf-brother
07-22-2014, 01:40 PM

I'd love to at least see the concept art before the yellow/blue goes up for pre-order so I can make an informed decision on which piece I prefer.

This Bryan! ^

Demona
07-22-2014, 01:48 PM
Thanks for answering our questions Bryan. I have two:

Will the painted Phoenix be revealed in September like Magneto and Thor?

Does XM having a DC license mean that Masters of the Universe characters (She-Ra!) could be made into statues?

KELPIE
07-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Hey Bryan,

Because XM produces low edition sizes of their statues, does that mean you are open to less mainstream characters?

Is there a limit or threshold when choosing certain characters?

As you know, the Marvel universe is wide and varied, with plenty of characters yet to be represented by any company. It would be great if they could get some love.

Thanks very much.

Bobfrog
07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Does XM stand for anything in particular?

Bullseye
07-22-2014, 07:05 PM
Exciting news on the possibility if the EU license.

khrisc
07-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Are there any plans on making a bulky ironman warmachine like 1.0? 2.0 doesnt really scream warmachine to me

KELPIE
07-22-2014, 07:42 PM
Exciting news on the possibility if the EU license.

Agreed.

Please don't forget about Australia, I mean you can ship to our neighbour in Indonesia.

Juggernaut
07-22-2014, 08:38 PM
The possibility for an EU license is very exciting!

Viper245
07-22-2014, 09:14 PM
I just wanted to pass along my appreciation to Bryan for spending time here answering our questions and providing updates on current and future XM Studios projects. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what cool pieces to expect in the future. I also want to thank Hellboy for getting XM their own section on the forum. It is well deserved.

markuz30
07-22-2014, 09:27 PM
After PHOENIX, Any plans to do your own version of the X-MEN ladies? ROGUE, STORM and PSYLOCKE? and possibly SHADOWCAT.. Your Phoenix statue is phenomenal, I can't wait for the rest..

nexus
07-22-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm in the same camp with wanting a Dark Phoenix. Personally I think a mirror pose would do the trick and you wouldn't get many folks complaining.

Are you still planning to do Emma Frost? Which version?

What's the timeframe for Fantastic Four as mentioned in the video interview? When will we see some WIPs and will it be all four members?

Any plans for an Angel/Archangel, Iceman or Beast?

Juggernaut
07-22-2014, 09:40 PM
Does XM studios plan on getting a 1:4 Star Wars statue license?

It's Sisko
07-22-2014, 09:49 PM
Agreed.

Please don't forget about Australia, I mean you can ship to our neighbour in Indonesia.

THIS! :goodpost: :D

Remember Me?
07-22-2014, 10:00 PM
After PHOENIX, Any plans to do your own version of the X-MEN ladies? ROGUE, STORM and PSYLOCKE? and possibly SHADOWCAT.. Your Phoenix statue is phenomenal, I can't wait for the rest..

PYSLOCKE PLZ!! Make sure there are some hair running across her face.

ilikethat
07-23-2014, 02:30 AM
what will be the final paint up of magneto cape, red or purple?

Hellboy
07-23-2014, 02:46 AM
Does XM studios plan on getting a 1:4 Star Wars statue license?

I think he pretty much covered the answer to your question here...

Mmm... can't reveal license discussions at this point due to confidential reasons but we are definitely having more than just Marvel license, that much I can tell ya! ;)

cpluse2
07-23-2014, 03:08 AM
Ty XM , but I have to admit I didn't like him sitting. But the more time I look at him (Magneto) the more I like it... He's my favorite xmen. I hope btts has him for pre-order plus the new print. Ty for giving this true Xmen justice!

Juggernaut
07-23-2014, 08:22 AM
I think he pretty much covered the answer to your question here...

Thanks for the info HB.

This could be very good news.

shorudan
07-23-2014, 09:34 AM

We do have the Brown Wolverine concept art but it is still in the approval stages. It has been pushed back to avoid the same character launching at the same time (product cannibalism). We'd love to show it but are concerned about possibilities of recasters taking the idea and producing it before we do, which can be bad. So please bear with us until we are ready to reveal...

Second question, is there a full list of retailers carrying XM products?

Just added to the first page :D

Hey Bryan,

Because XM produces low edition sizes of their statues, does that mean you are open to less mainstream characters?

Is there a limit or threshold when choosing certain characters?

As you know, the Marvel universe is wide and varied, with plenty of characters yet to be represented by any company. It would be great if they could get some love.

Thanks very much.

Yup, we are definitely open to less mainstream characters. To be honest, it's a balance of business vs meeting fans' wish list. The reason why we are seemingly doing more mainstream characters first is to help us establish a good foundation and income - with this stability, we have more creative freedom on what characters we can do. The characters we choose also need to be vitoed by Marvel and they need to be convinced it is feasible before they approve it. There are some really cool characters we definitely want to have a go at.

Does XM stand for anything in particular?

Hahaha! Great question! Here're a couple of possible meanings - you can pick one!

1) Xtraordinary Masterpieces
2) Xtreme Masterpieces
3) X-Factor Masterpieces
4) X Marks (the Spot)

Are there any plans on making a bulky ironman warmachine like 1.0? 2.0 doesnt really scream warmachine to me

Interesting idea but not on the list we have at the moment. Why not post it at our Facebook and see if it's a popular pick?

I just wanted to pass along my appreciation to Bryan for spending time here answering our questions and providing updates on current and future XM Studios projects. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to see what cool pieces to expect in the future. I also want to thank Hellboy for getting XM their own section on the forum. It is well deserved.

Awww Viper... that's nice. You come to Singapore, and I'll get you nice local grub! Hellboy too! D Rod too! Hell, all the mods!

I'm in the same camp with wanting a Dark Phoenix. Personally I think a mirror pose would do the trick and you wouldn't get many folks complaining.

Are you still planning to do Emma Frost? Which version?

What's the timeframe for Fantastic Four as mentioned in the video interview? When will we see some WIPs and will it be all four members?

Any plans for an Angel/Archangel, Iceman or Beast?

It's tempting really to do mirror pose but also contradicts with our principles. We understand we charge a premium for our work - and we are duty bound to deliver original sculpts and creativity through that product. A repaint will make us really easy money, and once we get down that dark path... we might just turn to the dark side... muahahahah!!!! ahem... I digress... the REAL truth of the matter is, we are confident that we can produce different sculpts that are unique to each character - so we will take the hard route because you guys deserve more than just a repainted statue.

Fantastic Four is an unique case, the license seems to be more complicated involving several parties so we have taken a step back - still in discussions though. But if we do em, it will be all four for sure!

Emma frost has being considered due to popularity but has been pushed back. Archangel, Iceman, Beasts are all not on our list at the moment but again these can change so I wouldn't jump to conclusion that we won't do em.

Demona
07-23-2014, 09:56 AM
Thanks for answering our questions Bryan. I have two:

Will the painted Phoenix be revealed in September like Magneto and Thor?

Does XM having a DC license mean that Masters of the Universe characters (She-Ra!) could be made into statues?

Hey Bryan -- my Qs got lost in the shuffle. Damn boys with all their questions :wink2:

Storm Lover
07-23-2014, 10:21 AM
Hello Bryan,

When will Phoenix be available for order, and where would I go to order her when it's ready?

What other X-Men characters are planned for the near future? Storm would be great (Jim Lee version).

SL

shorudan
07-23-2014, 10:38 AM
Hey Bryan -- my Qs got lost in the shuffle. Damn boys with all their questions :wink2:

Oops! My sincerest apologies fair lady Demona! Phoenix will be revealed in September in full color and she can be pre-ordered during that event earlier than anywhere else. We have been getting orders from resellers so you should be able to check with your reseller a couple of days after the event. :thumbs2:

Aaaaaaand... tricky question you got there on DC but as of now, we only have the Marvel license so I can't really answer that question.

shorudan
07-23-2014, 10:46 AM
Hello Bryan,

When will Phoenix be available for order, and where would I go to order her when it's ready?

What other X-Men characters are planned for the near future? Storm would be great (Jim Lee version).

SL

Hey Storm Lover, Phoenix question answered in post just above. As for other X-men characters, we haven't confirmed on any yet - its still on the drawing board. We will reveal as soon as we get confirmation.

jimaras2099
07-23-2014, 01:02 PM
First France and then... shipping to Europe?:rimshot:
OMG thanks...i hope for that:smokin:

dr.banner
07-23-2014, 01:26 PM
Hello Brian thank you very much for being available for Q&A. Has a definite edition size been set for Magneto?

Lawnknome
07-23-2014, 01:27 PM
BIG question - I want many of these pieces. Because there is no payment plans I need to budget accordingly, can XM do a bit better job of publicizing release dates or projected dates?

I want to support XM with many purchases but I need to know to plan financially.

Thanks

keewan
07-23-2014, 01:31 PM
BIG question - I want many of these pieces. Because there is no payment plans I need to budget accordingly, can XM do a bit better job of publicizing release dates or projected dates?

I want to support XM with many purchases but I need to know to plan financially.

Thanks

Technically all these statues aren't up for PO yet. I am sure the release date will be announced when they go up for PO. And Shorudan mentioned that they were shooting for a statue every 2 months.

Hunterkingxxl
07-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi Shorudan. Thnx for taking time to answer all our question!

Great company and amazing pieces! That said, my question;

I see you a license pending in Europe, but distributors like HEO and PBM are already selling your pieces. That Germany and The Netherlands. Are you selling directly to them or are they getting their pieces via a different channel?

I'm asking this because I would like to know how certain their promise to deliver is. Are you selling a set amount of pieces to them or are you selling to local resellers and online customers first? I.e. Is there a chance that, when I order through HEO or PBM I will end up empty handed?

Thank you very much for your answer!

rhy
07-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey Shorudan,
Would you be able to let us know the dimensions of your MK 7?

Force of Nature
07-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Bryan,
thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions of fans and collectors from all over the world; I really appreciate it! :buttrock:

I hope you do not mind if I ask a question which might have been asked already but I was wondering if you would ever consider releasing a statue of The Juggernaut?

Thanks and regards,

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

aeumuse
07-23-2014, 07:33 PM
Hi Shorudan,

If XM gets the DC licence, are they planning to include movies licences as well?

What are the chances of seeing Alejandro Pereira's MOS & CR Sups released by XM? Much thanks.

https://scontent-a-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/10368377_739969009396986_1893944871744737165_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-sin.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t31.0-8/10511405_732444390149448_6513088221911448314_o.jpg

Demona
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Can you link your FB page onto the first page?

When I hijacks boyfriends phone at the bar, sometimes I need to amuse myself :laugh:

Mister Ski
07-24-2014, 10:17 PM
Hi Bryan. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. You mentioned that you are open to producing some of the "less mainstream" characters. Does this mean you would consider doing classic black costumed Havok statue with switch out masked and unmasked heads if there is enough interest? There are quite a few of us on this board who have expressed an interest in him in the "XM Singapore's Own" thread. Thanks! Mike

built2shred
07-24-2014, 10:18 PM
Can you imagine XM and Alejandro Pereira working together on Superman :drooling:

loricstone
07-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Yes I can. Great stuff would insue.

Bob Morton
07-25-2014, 03:15 PM
I missed out on Sideshow's silver surfer. Can you guys please make a 1/4 silver surfer - but instead of paint have him chromed! That wails be the ultimate silver surfer.

A R E S
07-25-2014, 04:30 PM
After SS's Version of Emma Frost, i have to say, that Sideshow has had 3 trys to do a good one, but failed everytime. Please make a statue that does her justice.
Something like that would be fantastic:
http://geekdraw.com/img/2013/11/4-1112066760.jpg

keewan
07-25-2014, 05:50 PM
After SS's Version of Emma Frost, i have to say, that Sideshow has had 3 trys to do a good one, but failed everytime. Please make a statue that does her justice.
Something like that would be fantastic:
http://geekdraw.com/img/2013/11/4-1112066760.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHt5IrmWTY
In this interview Ben mentioned they are looking at doing White Queen. I suspect they stopped because of the SS one you didn't, it would be too many of her being released together. :thumbsdow

SONICobra
07-25-2014, 07:45 PM
thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and congrats on all your companies success, as others have mentioned you guys have definitely earned it

so question: realistically, how long do you think it will be until we see a prototype or preliminary sculpt of daredevil from xm studios? (similar to thor and/or ant man)

shorudan
07-26-2014, 06:00 AM
Hello Brian thank you very much for being available for Q&A. Has a definite edition size been set for Magneto?

The definite edition size has not been set for Mags - our promise to collectors is that our statues will never go beyond 999. :) Mags will very likely have higher ES than Captain America for instance due to high demand. Hawkeye for instance may turn out to have lesser ES (which helps to balance demands vs supply). ES will be finalized typically 1 to 2 months from first colored reveal (in this case, in Sept 2014)

Thanks

Yup we definitely need to be better at this! We are collectors first, followed by business peeps so we still have lots of learn on business side of things. Do bear with us as we get older and wiser. We are actually looking at some bundling options to make buying our products more cost efficient.These options will likely be finalized and revealed during the Singapore Toy Convention so stay tuned!

Hi Shorudan. Thnx for taking time to answer all our question!

Great company and amazing pieces! That said, my question;

I see you a license pending in Europe, but distributors like HEO and PBM are already selling your pieces. That Germany and The Netherlands. Are you selling directly to them or are they getting their pieces via a different channel?

I'm asking this because I would like to know how certain their promise to deliver is. Are you selling a set amount of pieces to them or are you selling to local resellers and online customers first? I.e. Is there a chance that, when I order through HEO or PBM I will end up empty handed?

Hmm... I really don't know HEO and PBM. All our appointed resellers are listed on the first page of this thread. We certainly can't sell to Germany or Netherlands so it looks like they are getting their pieces via a different channel. As such I can't really comment on these distributors' reliability so you should communicate and clearly check if they are able to secure your orders for you before you commit with them. In terms of our licensing obligations, we will always sell to resellers in the 5 countries we have listed on the first page of this thread - we will also set aside some pieces on our website for direct sales.

Hey Shorudan,
Would you be able to let us know the dimensions of your MK 7?

All Dimension sizes will be confirmed by Sept 2014.I will then post another update for all here :)

Hi Bryan,
thank you very much for taking the time to answer the questions of fans and collectors from all over the world; I really appreciate it! :buttrock:

I hope you do not mind if I ask a question which might have been asked already but I was wondering if you would ever consider releasing a statue of The Juggernaut?

Thanks and regards,

Rainer

Oohhhh we have definitely considered this big bad boy and would love to do a good statue of him. However, considerations are still subject to Marvel approvals. We've actually tried to push through a couple of fan favourites but have been declined due to clash of roll outs. Sometimes we don't even get a reason why really - so we don't want to promise folks anything until we have the confirmation from Marvel.

Hi Shorudan,

If XM gets the DC licence, are they planning to include movies licences as well?

What are the chances of seeing Alejandro Pereira's MOS & CR Sups released by XM? Much thanks.

We are actually working with Alejandro already! He did our Hulk! As for Superman... well we would actually need to have a DC license first! ;)

Can you link your FB page onto the first page?

When I hijacks boyfriends phone at the bar, sometimes I need to amuse myself :laugh:

Your wish is my command! It's on the first page now!

Hi Bryan. Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions. You mentioned that you are open to producing some of the "less mainstream" characters. Does this mean you would consider doing classic black costumed Havok statue with switch out masked and unmasked heads if there is enough interest? There are quite a few of us on this board who have expressed an interest in him in the "XM Singapore's Own" thread. Thanks! Mike

Yes, we would definitely consider any character as long as there is enough demand for it. To help us with our decision, you should send us a photo of yourself dressed in a classic Havok costume, masked and unmasked. Holding a board that says "I Love you XM!" would definitely help! ;)

I missed out on Sideshow's silver surfer. Can you guys please make a 1/4 silver surfer - but instead of paint have him chromed! That wails be the ultimate silver surfer.

Ok, we'll need you to send us a photo of yourself body painted in chrome on a cool looking surfboard. Again holding a board that says "I Love XM!: would definitely help!

I kid I kid... again we would consider any characters as long as there is demand but for character requests, I think we should keep it to the wish list thread? Otherwise this thread could turn veeeeery loooong. (Have you seen LoricStone's list? Man... I wish we could do ALL those but it would mean XM having the Marvel license forever!)

In this interview Ben mentioned they are looking at doing White Queen. I suspect they stopped because of the SS one you didn't, it would be too many of her being released together. :thumbsdow

Jackpot! :(

thanks for taking the time to answer our questions and congrats on all your companies success, as others have mentioned you guys have definitely earned it

so question: realistically, how long do you think it will be until we see a prototype or preliminary sculpt of daredevil from xm studios? (similar to thor and/or ant man)

From a product roll out perspective, we are just finishing up on our first line in Sept. Any new characters will be planned, approval requested and announced latest Q1 2015 (or Xmas this year if we are quick enough) so having said that any prototype of new line ups will likely surface in either late this year or Q1 2015.

I'm also gonna be away in Sydney for the whole week on my day time business job so I might not be able to answer questions quickly the next couple of days. Forgive me!!! :(

jlaavenger
07-26-2014, 06:58 AM
I love to see smaller scale statues or reissue smaller scale versions of the larger ones.

a2themonster
07-26-2014, 03:11 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

Can you please address the likelihood of the following characters getting made, and the time it would take to see something, etc.

1) Mr. Sinister
2) Omega Red

Thanks in advance, look forward to owning MANY XM pieces!

Thor57
07-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to XM for a smashing start. Customer service, QC, and attention to detail are topnotch.

Remember Me?
07-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Is Psylocke (Jim Lee) on the radar?

CallMeTheDoctor
07-27-2014, 12:46 AM
Hey Bryan, I really appreciate your involvement in the community. Glad to see xm doing so well. Its definitely a pleasure to have ordered a statue from you folks.

I did see you mention that you folks have pushed for some fan faves. Now I assume it takes some time to come up with a proposal depending on popularity of a character, concept for a statue, and if it conflicts with maybe others being released (like Emma).

My essential question was: is there any chance you could list what candidates have been shot down?

I dont know if you are allowed to mention, and hopefully they dont confirm future surprises, but I was interested in knowing what I can expect to not exist.

Again, I hope it doesnt seem like an invasion, but id be interested in know which were unfortunate to get shot down by Marvel.

Thanks again, cant wait to see more Phoenix and Ms Marvel. Oh and if you can make me a Es of 1 custom savage land rogue I would be in your eternal servitude :laugh:

Agähnim
07-27-2014, 06:02 PM
Do you guys have any plans on doing dioramas?

Sharkey
07-27-2014, 06:23 PM

OMG YES PLEASE!!

KELPIE
07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
I kid I kid... again we would consider any characters as long as there is demand but for character requests, I think we should keep it to the wish list thread? Otherwise this thread could turn veeeeery loooong. (Have you seen LoricStone's list? Man... I wish we could do ALL those but it would mean XM having the Marvel license forever!)

To Whom It May Concern:

Can you please address the likelihood of the following characters getting made, and the time it would take to see something, etc.

1) Mr. Sinister
2) Omega Red

Thanks in advance, look forward to owning MANY XM pieces!

Is Psylocke (Jim Lee) on the radar?

I'm also gonna be away in Sydney for the whole week on my day time business job so I might not be able to answer questions quickly the next couple of days. Forgive me!!! :(

Awesome, Give me a call when you're in town, we can go out for beers :)

Demona
07-28-2014, 09:27 AM
Thanks again, cant wait to see more Phoenix and Ms Marvel. Oh and if you can make me a Es of 1 custom savage land rogue I would be in your eternal servitude :laugh:

Ummm.... edition size of TWO.

I asked for her first :p

shorudan
07-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Awesome, Give me a call when you're in town, we can go out for beers :)

I'm in Sydney since Mon Morning... it's a lil chilly! I went to nearby comics shop and saw XM Captain America (they put the shield on wrongly though)...

I've got workshops and dinners back to back with only Thursday as the open time slot for now... PM me with your Aussie number Mate. If I can squeeze out some time, I'm having beer with you!

nexus
07-28-2014, 10:40 AM
Not the best of news on Fantastic Four. I guess that's the among the collateral fallout from these companies now competing in the movie business. I don't see how keeping a company from making 1000 or so of the FF team is going to somehow impact the box office. Hopefully you guys will get the clearance nonetheless. These could definitely make for an amazing set.

Thor57
07-28-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm in Sydney since Mon Morning... it's a lil chilly! I went to nearby comics shop and saw XM Captain America (they put the shield on wrongly though)...

I've got workshops and dinners back to back with only Thursday as the open time slot for now... PM me with your Aussie number Mate. If I can squeeze out some time, I'm having beer with you!

How did they put it on wrong?

CallMeTheDoctor
07-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Ummm.... edition size of TWO.

I asked for her first :p

Fine, but if it is between Storm and Rogue, I'll fight you for rogue :battherapy::flash:

Not the best of news on Fantastic Four. I guess that's the among the collateral fallout from these companies now competing in the movie business. I don't see how keeping a company from making 1000 or so of the FF team is going to somehow impact the box office. Hopefully you guys will get the clearance nonetheless. These could definitely make for an amazing set.

Yes, if they do, I hope they please keep the Artgerm version of Sue Storm. I'm sure I don't need to post a pic :smokin::smokin:

Bobfrog
07-30-2014, 09:11 AM
Hahaha! Great question! Here're a couple of possible meanings - you can pick one!

1) Xtraordinary Masterpieces
2) Xtreme Masterpieces
3) X-Factor Masterpieces
4) X Marks (the Spot)

I was hoping it would stand for Xtremely Masculine Studios but I'll take any of the above.

Hope you're enjoying the Sydney weather a bit more Brian, seems to have picked up in the last few days although there's f-all waves if you're into surfing.
Lemme know if you happen to be up on the northern beaches at all tomorrow. Happy to join in the beerfest!

Doctor Doom
07-30-2014, 01:40 PM
Gentlemen of XM Studios...your work is shaping up to be nothing short of AMAZING! Please consider making Doctor Doom...would love to own your take on him.:buttrock::buttrock:

toe
07-30-2014, 02:35 PM
I can't wait to see your take on Apocalypse, Sentinel, Omega Red, X-23, etc....Thank you for listening to us.

Bobfrog
07-30-2014, 10:12 PM
You guys have demonstrated that you're really willing to work with the fans which is great. Why not make things easier for yourself though and provide the various forums, facebook users etc with links to a voting poll on the various statue WIP options and then subsequently areas where fans have raised questions about what they would like changed. With magneto for example there is the helmet and colours issues to consider and although it's probably useful for you looking at all the feedback on this forum alone, there's a lot of chit chat in there so compiling what the majorities' preference is would be time consuming to say the least. I know he's fixed up now and pretty much good to go but as an example to get around having to trawl through multiple posts you could have put voting up for things like:

1) do you want a) lighter colours b) darker c) fine as is
2) is the helmet a) too big b) too small c) fine as is

and so on, sure you get my drift. This would make things so simple for you guys and would really formalise the fact that you are setting yourself apart from other players in the game in terms of your involvement with the fans.

Oh and it would be interesting just to see the results from a fans perspective too.

You might also want to add a whole list of characters up in a poll and give everyone say 3-5 votes for the characters they would most like to see next from you guys (that you haven't already Announced) -again, would save a whole lotta time trawling through posts and compiling everyone's preferences.

Cheers
Scott

shorudan
07-31-2014, 11:11 AM
You guys have demonstrated that you're really willing to work with the fans which is great. Why not make things easier for yourself though and provide the various forums, facebook users etc with links to a voting poll on the various statue WIP options and then subsequently areas where fans have raised questions about what they would like changed. With magneto for example there is the helmet and colours issues to consider and although it's probably useful for you looking at all the feedback on this forum alone, there's a lot of chit chat in there so compiling what the majorities' preference is would be time consuming to say the least. I know he's fixed up now and pretty much good to go but as an example to get around having to trawl through multiple posts you could have put voting up for things like:

1) do you want a) lighter colours b) darker c) fine as is
2) is the helmet a) too big b) too small c) fine as is

and so on, sure you get my drift. This would make things so simple for you guys and would really formalise the fact that you are setting yourself apart from other players in the game in terms of your involvement with the fans.

Oh and it would be interesting just to see the results from a fans perspective too.

You might also want to add a whole list of characters up in a poll and give everyone say 3-5 votes for the characters they would most like to see next from you guys (that you haven't already Announced) -again, would save a whole lotta time trawling through posts and compiling everyone's preferences.

Cheers
Scott

Hey Scott, yeah those are really nice ideas. I'll be honest that the challenge for us is XM is made up of really 3 - 4 guys trying to run everything so the problem is we're too lean at the moment. Our peeps are kept busy in the creative and production side of things so we are definitely lacking in the communications and marketing side. Having said that, with our initial products rolling out, we hope to slowly but surely expand, get a couple more hands so we can make it easier for fans and customers to reach us. Your ideas are really good - in fact I think I even asked one of the members here on how to create a poll like months ago etc lol. We will get there and I hope to do it fast. Bear with us Scott!

Agähnim
07-31-2014, 03:12 PM

OMG YES PLEASE!!

Bump!

khrisc
08-01-2014, 10:02 AM
I agree..dioramas!! are there any plans Shorudan? also..when is the new head for Black Widow going to be revealed?

built2shred
08-01-2014, 10:35 AM
Dioramas would probably cost like $1400+ by the time you got done with shipping...

Agähnim
08-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Dioramas would probably cost like $1400+ by the time you got done with shipping...

Depends how big it is. There are dioramas smaller than the Magneto statue, so I don't think it'd be too much of a problem.

Formula009
08-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Do you guys release statues for pre-order on any specific day or is it different for each piece?

Hunterkingxxl
08-03-2014, 01:46 AM
Question, how is the licensing coming along for Europe, America and other parts in the world? Is there anything, we as collectors can do to help?

Your pieces are amazing, but will not see the light of day in a lot of countries due to the fact your produce is unknown or too expensive there. That's a shame and should be changed.

Force of Nature
08-03-2014, 04:36 AM
Hi Bryan,

thank you very much for your reply; I really appreciate your time and efforts in order to interact with the fans and collectors on this forum!

I will keephoping that you will receive approval from Marvel to release a Juggernaut statue in the (near) future and when that happens you can count on it that I will be among the very first to preorder this behemoth.

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut! and hopefully Marvel will not try to do so either! :D

Rainer

Oohhhh we have definitely considered this big bad boy and would love to do a good statue of him. However, considerations are still subject to Marvel approvals. We've actually tried to push through a couple of fan favourites but have been declined due to clash of roll outs. Sometimes we don't even get a reason why really - so we don't want to promise folks anything until we have the confirmation from Marvel.

SONICobra
08-03-2014, 03:53 PM
are you able to share what characters you submitted for approval but were turned down by marvel are?

if so: daredevil - you guys get the go ahead or no?
thanks

loricstone
08-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Hey Bryan, have you guys considered doing this Avenger? I am pushing for him to finally be made in 1/4 form. I would love to see him made with his horse....but without would be just as fine?

So have you thought about him?

http://i61.tinypic.com/2evusdi.png

Thor57
08-03-2014, 11:04 PM
I'd be willing to bet that he never gets made in 1/4 scale. If XM is smart, they'd double up and do alternate versions of ones they've already done. A modern Thor, brown costumed Wolverine, Gray or Red Hulk and multiple Spider-Man pieces would all outsell Black Knight. If they made him, it'd have to be at an ES of like 100. At that point, is it worth it?

built2shred
08-03-2014, 11:11 PM
Hey Bryan, have you guys considered doing this Avenger? I am pushing for him to finally be made in 1/4 form. I would love to see him made with his horse....but without would be just as fine?

I have no clue who that guy is.....

Bobfrog
08-03-2014, 11:41 PM
Black Knight I believe.

loricstone
08-04-2014, 12:13 PM
I'd be willing to bet that he never gets made in 1/4 scale. If XM is smart, they'd double up and do alternate versions of ones they've already done. A modern Thor, brown costumed Wolverine, Gray or Red Hulk and multiple Spider-Man pieces would all outsell Black Knight. If they made him, it'd have to be at an ES of like 100. At that point, is it worth it?

First of all, if that's your mentality, XM Studios will quickly go the way of SS....and that simply will not do.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY....not only will Black Knight sell in the same vein as Hawkeye, he would probably be a much more wanted character because only Bowen Designs as far as I know have made him (successfully might I add). There were 1200 made of the classic costume:
http://i59.tinypic.com/207vujt.jpg

and then there was a 300 variant made of the Red version.
http://i61.tinypic.com/9icsqp.jpg

Now, no one makes a statue of a character that's not going to sell really (unless its SS Venomsaurus). Secondly, you don't do variants of an unwanted haphazard character.

If XM was to do this with him on his horse (think Ghost Rider on his motorcycle), I guarantee you it will be huge and highly sought after statue. This would not be a 800 edition Magneto but rather a 300 Black Knight. Sounds like Hawkeye might be less than 500. So it would balance out.

Some of you really need to read up on Marvel comic characters....especially Avengers. There are tons of characters NOT NAMED SPIDERMAN, WOLVERINE, IRON MAN, and HULK that will sell in droves if done phenomenally!!!

Here are 4 characters off the top of my head that are rarer but will sell quickly:

1) Black Knight w/horse
2) Ghost Rider w/motorcycle
3) Moon Knight
4) Valkyrie w/ horse

So without anyone answering or commenting for XM.....Bryan I ask again....any thoughts on doing any of these characters? 2 are Avengers (West / East Coast Avengers). 1 was a Defender along with Dr. Strange, Silver Sufer, and Gargoyle (I think).

CallMeTheDoctor
08-04-2014, 12:21 PM
First of all, if that's your mentality, XM Studios will quickly go the way of SS....and that simply will not do.

Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY....not only will Black Knight sell in the same vein as Hawkeye, he would probably be a much more wanted character because only Bowen Designs as far as I know have made him (successfully might I add). There were 1200 made of the classic costume:
http://i59.tinypic.com/207vujt.jpg

and then there was a 300 variant made of the Red version.
http://i61.tinypic.com/9icsqp.jpg

Now, no one makes a statue of a character that's not going to sell really (unless its SS Venomsaurus). Secondly, you don't do variants of an unwanted haphazard character.

If XM was to do this with him on his horse (think Ghost Rider on his motorcycle), I guarantee you it will be huge and highly sought after statue. This would not be a 800 edition Magneto but rather a 300 Black Knight. Sounds like Hawkeye might be less than 500. So it would balance out.

Some of you really need to read up on Marvel comic characters....especially Avengers. There are tons of characters NOT NAMED SPIDERMAN, WOLVERINE, IRON MAN, and HULK that will sell in droves if done phenomenally!!!

Here are 4 characters off the top of my head that are rarer but will sell quickly:

1) Black Knight w/horse
2) Ghost Rider w/motorcycle
3) Moon Knight
4) Valkyrie w/ horse

I would consider pricing as well. From what I know, you sound very committed to XM, and while I wish I could too, I'd be very selective as to what is coming out.

The parts mentioning no one making anyone that no one wants, is a very good point, definitely. I just say I mean XM will probably only do heavy hitters first to earn a bit of a margin profit, in order to eventually make others. I don't necessarily know what was the price range for Bowen pieces, but I'm guessing XM hits maybe double or even triple the cost on some of those pieces.

I'm just saying if I expect an Enchantress, I'd have to realize people like Rogue, Storm, Jean, or even Black Cat would be made first in order to eventually get an Enchantress.

TL;DR:
Black Knight would be great, but don't see him being in the first batch of people to be released.

keewan
08-04-2014, 12:27 PM
If you own XM, will you seriously consider doing 300 Black Knight that cost $700 for US buyer? I get that people want statues that aren't common made, but they aren't made for a reason. If they don't think they can sell 500 Hawkeyes, they aren't going to sell 300 Black Knight. Hawkeyes is a lot more well known than Black Knight. Most people who don't read comic still know Hawkeyes from watching a couple of the marvel movies.

I just went to search "Bowen Black Knight" and look at the completed auction, it's almost all unsold... That should be your answer when you ask a statue to be made.

loricstone
08-04-2014, 12:30 PM
I would consider pricing as well. From what I know, you sound very committed to XM, and while I wish I could too, I'd be very selective as to what is coming out.

The parts mentioning no one making anyone that no one wants, is a very good point, definitely. I just say I mean XM will probably only do heavy hitters first to earn a bit of a margin profit, in order to eventually make others. I don't necessarily know what was the price range for Bowen pieces, but I'm guessing XM hits maybe double or even triple the cost on some of those pieces.

I'm just saying if I expect an Enchantress, I'd have to realize people like Rogue, Storm, Jean, or even Black Cat would be made first in order to eventually get an Enchantress.

TL;DR:
Black Knight would be great, but don't see him being in the first batch of people to be released.

Absolutely bro. This wouldn't probably make it to the 2nd Marvel run with all the characters they have thought about doing. I just wanted to know if this had been considered or would they ever consider doing it. :)

loricstone
08-04-2014, 12:32 PM
If you own XM, will you seriously consider doing 300 Black Knight that cost $700 for US buyer? I get that people want statues that aren't common made, but they aren't made for a reason. If they don't think they can sell 500 Hawkeyes, they aren't going to sell 300 Black Knight. Hawkeyes is a lot more well known than Black Knight. Most people who don't read comic still know Hawkeyes from watching a couple of the marvel movies.

I just went to search "Bowen Black Knight" and look at the completed auction, it's almost all unsold... That should be your answer when you ask a statue to be made.

1500 total ES vs. 300? That's 5 times as many Kee....so NO, it doesn't answer a damn thing!

Shadowfax
08-04-2014, 01:26 PM
XM would be very wise to go where Sideshow refuses...

LOKI

CallMeTheDoctor
08-04-2014, 05:12 PM
Absolutely bro. This wouldn't probably make it to the 2nd Marvel run with all the characters they have thought about doing. I just wanted to know if this had been considered or would they ever consider doing it. :)
Ah my bad. I got your point now :doh!:
Hope they consider and make one for your list. My condolences to your wallet however :laugh:

XM would be very wise to go where Sideshow refuses...

LOKI
SSC pretty much confirmed one...just saying.

JorgeLoyo
08-04-2014, 07:06 PM
The definite edition size has not been set for Mags - our promise to collectors is that our statues will never go beyond 999. :) Mags will very likely have higher ES than Captain America for instance due to high demand. Hawkeye for instance may turn out to have lesser ES (which helps to balance demands vs supply). ES will be finalized typically 1 to 2 months from first colored reveal (in this case, in Sept 2014)
:(

Thank you being so awesome, got my Cap las week and he left me completely speechless. I love what XM stands for and everything you are doing. Keep up the amazing work guys. It's been a great year to be a collector and the future of statues looks as bright as ever thanks to you guys :)

shorudan
08-06-2014, 11:54 AM
Hey Guys, sorry for little updates this week. Will be a BIG update this week end, I promise.

The Mule
08-06-2014, 12:28 PM
Is Magneto going up for preorder this week or the next?

shorudan
08-07-2014, 07:02 AM
Magneto up for preorder NOW! http://www.xm-studios.com/ Hooray!

Lawnknome
08-07-2014, 07:25 AM

Any idea when the other retailers will pick up the preorder?

acme1982
08-07-2014, 07:52 AM
ooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee

Remember Me?
08-07-2014, 08:25 AM
What is the weight for Magneto? I assume it is not hollow right?

nexus
08-07-2014, 10:39 AM
Hey Guys, sorry for little updates this week. Will be a BIG update this week end, I promise.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully some more info on FF? Sheesh this team is getting virtually no love, yet Sideshow has two PFs and an LSF.

Dark Phoenix
Angel/Archangel
Iceman
Ghost Rider

Also you have a PM on Mags.

Sharkey
08-07-2014, 01:11 PM

OMG yay!! Any idea when we can expect him to arrive?

mistermark
08-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Gentlemen of XM Studios...your work is shaping up to be nothing short of AMAZING! Please consider making Doctor Doom...would love to own your take on him.:buttrock::buttrock:

I agree with this, but first, can we please have a Spider-man?! That would be incredible. The best Spider-man piece I have seen is Sideshow's 2010 Spidey comiquette. The new Campbell one from 2013 looks average at best imo. I would love to see you guys come up with a Spider-man that blows Sideshow's 2010 piece out of the water. Any plans for this guy in the next year or so?

Sharkey
08-07-2014, 11:56 PM
I agree with this, but first, can we please have a Spider-man?! That would be incredible. The best Spider-man piece I have seen is Sideshow's 2010 Spidey comiquette. The new Campbell one from 2013 looks average at best imo. I would love to see you guys come up with a Spider-man that blows Sideshow's 2010 piece out of the water. Any plans for this guy in the next year or so?

Better yet, a diorama of spider and one of his major players, or some cool team up diorama action pose of him and the recent scarlet spider. Or the recent superior spiderman costume!

Spidey976
08-08-2014, 12:44 AM

Spiderman is not included in their current license... Just XMen and Avengers if I am not mistaken.

Apetina
08-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Spiderman is not included in their current license... Just XMen and Avengers if I am not mistaken.

Well... that would be a pain in the ass if it's true.

Shorudan have any word on that? Spiderman is a possibility?

Bobfrog
08-08-2014, 04:41 AM

Well Sony own the rights to spiderman, not marvel, don't they? And I don't recall that they've made any mention about discussions with them as yet.

I wouldn't discount it, it's probably just off the cards for the moment whilst they concentrate on the marvel licensed stuff.

There is hope!

Eltjar
08-08-2014, 05:50 AM
Well Sony own the rights to spiderman, not marvel, don't they?

I'm not quite sure but i was under the impression, that the movie rights and the comic rights were two different things.

So, doing a statue that displays something out of the Spider-Man movies requires greelighting by Sony, but when doing a
comic version, Disney/Marvel are still the guys to speak to.

That might of course be wrong, but thats what i read somewhere. Anyway - a Spider-Man (Comic Version) from XM would
be great, since they seem to be capable of catching the essence of the depicted character. Here's hope too!!

Bobfrog
08-08-2014, 06:03 AM
I'm not quite sure but i was under the impression, that the movie rights and the comic rights were two different things.

So, doing a statue that displays something out of the Spider-Man movies requires greelighting by Sony, but when doing a
comic version, Disney/Marvel are still the guys to speak to.

That might of course be wrong, but thats what i read somewhere. Anyway - a Spider-Man (Comic Version) from XM would
be great, since they seem to be capable of catching the essence of the depicted character. Here's hope too!!

Yeah good point. Not really sure tbh. I really hope they do spidey as I think they are just knocking everything for 6 right now. And I'm short of a decent spidey statue!

Sharkey
08-08-2014, 08:33 AM
Spiderman could still be in the cards with those restrictions though, as he had been an avenger for some time now.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Sony only owns movie rights not anything else, hence Marvel's decision to cancel toys for the fantastic four and spiderman.

equi-nox76
08-08-2014, 09:26 AM
I am located in Germany and was there the moment Magneto went up for PO, unfortunately I can't buy directly so I have some people hunting Magneto with the coin for me. Hope one of them can get and send him to me since this cannot be topped by any company! Gratz!

When will Hawkeye go up for PO, don't want to miss him, will go with Simply Toys then.
Do all the XM statues come with the same silver coin, or are there differences (for example name of the statue on it)?

rhy
08-08-2014, 03:22 PM
Is there a picture of the art print that is included w/ Magneto?

Lawnknome
08-08-2014, 03:47 PM
I am located in Germany and was there the moment Magneto went up for PO, unfortunately I can't buy directly so I have some people hunting Magneto with the coin for me. Hope one of them can get and send him to me since this cannot be topped by any company! Gratz!

When will Hawkeye go up for PO, don't want to miss him, will go with Simply Toys then.
Do all the XM statues come with the same silver coin, or are there differences (for example name of the statue on it)?

Each coin is custom to the statue.

loricstone
08-08-2014, 04:31 PM
Is there a picture of the art print that is included w/ Magneto?

yep...done by Hive

wolf-brother
08-08-2014, 08:43 PM

That's how I feel about this statue. :buttrock:

Hope you score one!

cpluse2
08-08-2014, 09:23 PM
That's how I feel about this statue. :buttrock:

Hope you score one!

What do these coins look like?

Bobfrog
08-08-2014, 09:53 PM
Just take a look on the XM website:

http://www.xm-studios.com/captain-america.aspx

Spidey976
08-08-2014, 10:06 PM

I have heard directly from guys who work closely with XM that Spiderman is NOT included in their first 2 year License.

rhy
08-08-2014, 10:18 PM
yep...done by Hive
Thanks man.

Lawnknome
08-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I have heard directly from guys who work closely with XM that Spiderman is NOT included in their first 2 year License.

GOOD......

I need to save some cash anyway. Can't buy everything they put out.

equi-nox76
08-09-2014, 05:26 AM
Ah ok then the coin is for me in fact an EX.
Man I want this so badly, why I'm not located in one of these countries lol then I would have been the first to order him.

It's like a mirage, it was soooo close but still so far.

Will keep hunting him.

Hope for Hawkeye I got more luck. Want to sell the SS version and replace him by the one from XM.

shorudan
08-09-2014, 12:37 PM
Hey Boys and Girls, Whew! Been busy last 2 days apologising to folks who couldn't get Mags. We will improve our PO process. Just posted a thread at http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146238 I hope that helps to soothe some anger... Ok on to BIG updates I've promised :)

I agree..dioramas!! are there any plans Shorudan? also..when is the new head for Black Widow going to be revealed?

Black Widow prototpye is out! Ben is flying to China to get it painted properly and we will be able to reveal it by end of this month! As for dioramas... yes but it will likely be in 1/6 scale or else it would be tough for folks to display em! Actually, if you look at the bases for our 1/4 scale Avengers, they are designed to be placed together in battle ravaged NYC so they are kinda dioramas in a way. But read on below for more on this...

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

Do you guys release statues for pre-order on any specific day or is it different for each piece?

Yes, we have learnt some lessons from Magneto's PO. As posted on http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146238, the POs for other upcoming statues will be;

1) Hawkeye – 5th Sept
2) Wolverine (Yellow) – 19th Sept
3) Antman – 3rd Oct
4) Thanos – 17th Oct
5) Ms Marvel – 31th Oct
6) Thor – 14 Nov
7) Mark 7 – 28th Nov

Question, how is the licensing coming along for Europe, America and other parts in the world? Is there anything, we as collectors can do to help?

Your pieces are amazing, but will not see the light of day in a lot of countries due to the fact your produce is unknown or too expensive there. That's a shame and should be changed.

We have confirmed that Semic Distributions will be carrying our products in France (I believe they also ship to Europe) http://www.semic-distribution.com/ I've also updated them as an official disributor on this thread's first page! Go Europe friends! :)

are you able to share what characters you submitted for approval but were turned down by marvel are?

if so: daredevil - you guys get the go ahead or no?
thanks

Here's the BIG update;

What we have been given approval to roll out by Marvel (All 1/4 scale classic Comics).

1) Blackbolt (inhumans)
2) Medusa (inhumans)
3) Doctor Strange
4) She Hulk
5) Dare Devil
6) Elektra
7) Ultron
8) Nick Fury
9) Winter soldier
10) Deadpool

We are trying to get Ironman classic out to complete our 1/4 scale Avengers set but have been asked to KIV due to too much Ironman merchandise going out at the moment.So it will happen but it's gonna have to wait...

Now notice there's a distinct lack of X-Men in the roll out? Basically, there's been some franchise issues that Fox and Disney is working out so we have been advised to stop any X-men products until this is sorted out (hopefully soon!) We were lucky our Magneto and Yellow Wolverine got approved. Now we are very concerned about Phoenix... they have asked us to stop production for now. Man... we have invested so much time/costs and we know alot of you folks are
looking forward to it so we are praying hard they will let Pheonix go through as well. Am being extra extra nice to the Disney folks now - hope to push this through.

So having said that, all X-men characters are off for now - no Juggie, or Cyclops etc... gotta wait for the franchise rights to be sorted out. :( Sorry guys!

We also can't reveal what has been turned down.. doing so will imply what other companies are rolling out which means we will get into the naughty corner and possibly trouble! Sorry....

But don't worry guys, we have 3 new lines being negotiated and we should be able to reveal what they are soon...

Another Big news is that we have managed to get Erick Sosa to work with us as our Art Director for the next 12 months! He's a really busy and awesome dude and I'm deeply honored to be able to work with him. It's agreed in principal and we will need to work out some documents but we are gonna be rockin' new statues in 2015! YEAH BABY!

Loric, he's Avenger so might be easier to get through. Let me check with the XM Boys... no promises though. If we are getting some new licenses, this might have to wait. (or if you send a nice video of you dancing in a costume, Ben might make you a custom statue!)

Thank you being so awesome, got my Cap las week and he left me completely speechless. I love what XM stands for and everything you are doing. Keep up the amazing work guys. It's been a great year to be a collector and the future of statues looks as bright as ever thanks to you guys :)

Awww... Jorge, we love you too! Can you send us a video of you dancing?

What is the weight for Magneto? I assume it is not hollow right?

No XM statues will EVER be hollow. NEVER. A light weight statue just doesn't cut it. You need to hold it and literally feel your hands trembling with excitement and weight of the statue to feel it's presence and value. Ok, I need to chill but yeah basically all our stuff are heavy and 100% densed quality Cold Cast.

Mag's info are
Product size : 46cm H X 43cm L X 36cm B
Est. Box Size : 71cm H X 51cm L X 42cm B (estimate)
Est. Product Weight : 14kg (estimate )
Est. shipping weight : 24kg (estimate)

OMG yay!! Any idea when we can expect him to arrive?

He is expected to ship before Christmas 2014. Yup! Happy Xmas!

Better yet, a diorama of spider and one of his major players, or some cool team up diorama action pose of him and the recent scarlet spider. Or the recent superior spiderman costume!

Can't... say... anything... yet. My spider sense is tingling, gotta run!

Lawnknome
08-09-2014, 12:43 PM
What a great update. These statues are being released so close to each other, damn I am going to be poor as hell.

Viper245
08-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the great update shorudan. Too bad about Phoenix. Hopefully she will get the green light in the not too distant future. She will be an instant purchase for me.

shorudan
08-09-2014, 01:00 PM
I know... I hope Demona doesn't get too upset after seeing this update. :(

wolf-brother
08-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the great update shorudan. Too bad about Phoenix. Hopefully she will get the green light in the not too distant future. She will be an instant purchase for me.

For many of us.

wolf-brother
08-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Bryan this is great news about Sosa. :thumbs2:

Am I correct in saying that Tony Cipriano is sculpting Thor?

carl tomys
08-09-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi we can expect black widow to arrive.

Viper245
08-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Bryan this is great news about Sosa. :thumbs2:

Am I correct in saying that Tony Cipriano is sculpting Thor?

Agreed. Sosa being on board is awesome news. Bravo XM!

Bmutha
08-09-2014, 01:13 PM
What we have been given approval to roll out by Marvel (All 1/4 scale classic Comics).

1) Blackbolt (inhumans)
2) Medusa (inhumans)
3) Doctor Strange
4) She Hulk
5) Dare Devil
6) Elektra
7) Ultron
8) Nick Fury
9) Winter soldier
10) Deadpool

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AgVq8MwMHfA/UmkPDNpKBrI/AAAAAAAAALY/9rQiNOiBquI/s1600/Shut-up-and-take-my-money+(1).jpg

If Magneto ships before Christmas, I WILL send you a video of me dancing!

Also...Spider-Man...my wallet is in trouble...

nexus
08-09-2014, 01:14 PM
Argh! So disappointing on Phoenix and the prospect of other X-men. From the list I'm probably most interested in Daredevil but will wait to see others. Black Bolt and Medusa might be cool, but not as cool as X-men. Dr Strange will depend on design. Too bad there's not a Falcon since Marvel wants to push characters appearing in the movies. Which version of Nick Fury? She hulk will also depend on design. Would really like a red variant.

Not to panic, but looks like the whole FOX movie thing might screw collectors out of X-Men and Fantastic Four. While I'm sure Marvel is not expecting the rights to revert back at this point I wonder if they are trying to bundle all of the comics and collectibles and say to Fox that they are basically getting free advertising for their movies, and it's time to Pony up $X dollars as with any other media channel. So maybe that's another $5M $10M on top of the licensing fees. And of course Fox scoffs. But either one waits for the other to blinker they negotiate. It makes sense from Marvels standpoint, but it sucks for fans and collectors in the middle.

built2shred
08-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I honestly don't see where FOX would have any rights regarding X-Men Collectibles based on the comics. Now the movies would be a different issue all together...

As fans we probably should start writing letters to Marvel demanding our collectibles and how they shouldn't be used as hostages in negotiations :)

yeek
08-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the update! I can't wait for Daredevil and Elektra, which I'm sure will go together nicely.

Thor57
08-09-2014, 01:52 PM
With the X-Men hold, does that include the Shiar? Or are they property by themselves? I'd love a Praetor Gladiator!

Remember Me?
08-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Please my DareDevil in a very dynamic pose as possible. No Captain Morgan pose!

loricstone
08-09-2014, 01:59 PM
Will XM be able to make more statues in this phase of the Marvel contract from the list of approved characters you posted?

OR

Will the statues up to and including the IM MK7 take up the rest of 2015?

Thanks in advance.

cpluse2
08-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Wow!

Well i just found my new favorite company! Better start making new friends so i can go to STGCC once in my life time....

KayOrzz
08-09-2014, 02:15 PM
I'll get you free tickets
:smokin:

A R E S
08-09-2014, 02:20 PM
For Black Bolt, how cool would it be if xm could replicate the destructive effect of his voice, like here:

http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/black_bolt_-marvel-s-most-powerful.jpeg?width=900&height=619

Grifterr
08-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Will the seller in France have the first batch of statues starting with Hawkeye on the predetermined preorder dates for us European customers on their website?

cpluse2
08-09-2014, 03:01 PM
I'll get you free tickets
:smokin:

Nice! Thanks.. I keep in touch..

Shadowfax
08-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Please my DareDevil in a very dynamic pose as possible. No Captain Morgan pose!
XM quality and Erick Sosa's input as Art Director equates to only one outcome....

dynamic grail

loricstone
08-09-2014, 04:22 PM
I just want to know...if XM has looked into any of the licenses listed below?

I will take any of the below licenses (from Most Wanted to Least Wanted):

1) Transformers G1 (not movies)
2) World of Warcraft (1/4)
3) Aliens / Predator (all movies, all characters and made up ones too like Narin does)
4) DC
5) Star Wars
6) Spawn (1/4...IT will be a cold day in hell before that happens I'm sure)
7) GI JOE (1/4)
8) Thundercats
9) Star Trek

I figure since PCS is doing MOTU, MK, and SF...there is no need for XM or anyone else to do it really.

One question...have you guys thought about acquiring a BLADE movie license or just doing BLADE comic version statue?

Gasdoc
08-09-2014, 04:39 PM
Really stoked about Sosa's presence

Depressed re Phoenix....stupid Mickey Mouse

Very happy with what XM are doing (BW and Magneto ordered). I will be interested I. Using the European distributor rather than simply toys...can you tell me if the preorders listed will be available at that site when released by XM?

Please give Elektra the statue she deserves...all have been poor so far ..from other companies

Grifterr
08-09-2014, 04:41 PM
SNK playmore?, a King of Fighters line with Terry Bogard, K', Iori, Kyo, Mai all in dynamic poses, if only it could be possible.

Viper2005
08-09-2014, 05:34 PM
If they won't let you make Phoenix, maybe they'll let you do Dark Phoenix instead!

SONICobra
08-09-2014, 06:08 PM
Here's the BIG update;

5) Dare Devil

mind = blown :crazy:

thanks so much for the update, I assume this will be the red costume correct?

Sharkey
08-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Super sad to hear the bickering between the companies is putting the x-men on hold, but am so relived to hear Magneto and Wolverine are still going to make it out the door.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to have my first XM statue and the first of many to come hopefully!

equi-nox76
08-09-2014, 07:06 PM
Fantastic news! Inhumans will all be bought. Only the X-Men news isn't good, I assume all companies face the same problem here?

Khufu
08-09-2014, 08:07 PM
First off thanks to XM for making collecting fun again! The frenzy with Magneto and the upcoming statues has put that "quest" feel back into the hobby. I'm also super excited for Doctor Strange (he's a Top 5 character for me).

Has Silver Surfer been discussed by your design team?

madmanny
08-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Can you guys do a grey hulk, I will dance for you.

vorpoll
08-10-2014, 12:33 AM

2) World of Warcraft (1/4)
3) Aliens / Predator (all movies, all characters and made up ones too like Narin does)
4) DC
5) Star Wars
6) Spawn (1/4...IT will be a cold day in hell before that happens I'm sure)
7) GI JOE (1/4)
8) Thundercats
9) Star Trek

I figure since PCS is doing MOTU, MK, and SF...there is no need for XM or anyone else to do it really.

One question...have you guys thought about acquiring a BLADE movie license or just doing BLADE comic version statue?

Please XM don't pick up any of these as my wallet wouldn't be able to handle it.

KayOrzz
08-10-2014, 12:39 AM
Please XM don't pick up any of these as my wallet wouldn't be able to handle it.

stock up on instant ramen now!

cpluse2
08-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Ok since i like documentary.

Is there going to be a back ground video of the team behind all these future statues. Maybe how they are made or the process or just how everyone came together to start this amazing team you call XM..

You have too understand and i speak for myself. Statue lovers and Comic book lovers just love a good story...

khrisc
08-10-2014, 01:33 AM
Hey Shorudan..does it mean that this list will be the main projects for 2015 right?

1) Blackbolt (inhumans)
2) Medusa (inhumans)
3) Doctor Strange
4) She Hulk
5) Dare Devil
6) Elektra
7) Ultron
8) Nick Fury
9) Winter soldier
10) Deadpool

So any Xmen (when the license is approved again) will be for 2016?

shorudan
08-10-2014, 01:48 AM
Yup they are main projects which Marvel has given us the green light (or want us to do) in 2015. If we get X men going again, we would still want to put them in 2015 as well. Therefore it is important to note that we may not necessarily roll out EVERY character on the above list... if we are able to get some of our original preferred characters re-approved, we might switch some of them out. For example, SS made a really nice Deadpool already so if we had to choose between say Cable vs Deadpool, we might do Cable instead because we feel he is more needed.

But we'll listen to the community of course so if there are some really strong demands for certain characters to be made, we will still consider them seriously as long as we have the bandwidth to make em good. We also need to bear in mind we are lean and we need to balance between roll out an QC. QC is very important for us so if it means we push out some characters later, we will do so.

khrisc
08-10-2014, 01:58 AM
i hope XM can fix this license issue as soon as possible and make Gambit and Colossus right off the bat! :)

built2shred
08-10-2014, 03:08 AM
i hope XM can fix this license issue as soon as possible and make Gambit and Colossus right off the bat! :)

Not much XM can do, it's between FOX and Disney...

Hunterkingxxl
08-10-2014, 04:10 AM
Will the next pre-order be available in Europe Shorudan? You french distributor has no access to you products at this moment it seems? I assume Wolverine or Hawkeye is next to be released and we Europeans would very much like to jump on the train to awesomeville and order one of your statues in our time-zone and currency.

Thank you so much for your answer.

Shoo
08-10-2014, 04:44 AM
Here's the BIG update;

1) Blackbolt (inhumans)
2) Medusa (inhumans)
3) Doctor Strange
4) She Hulk
5) Dare Devil
6) Elektra
7) Ultron
8) Nick Fury
9) Winter soldier
10) Deadpool

No Black Cat. Bummer.

Bobfrog
08-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Sory to hear the bad news Bryan but as you've highlighted it looks like it will open some other potentially more interesting doors i.e. characters that have had little to no attention in the past.

Agreed. Sosa being on board is awesome news. Bravo XM!

Congrats on getting Erick on board, I'm sure he'll attract plenty of customers although, imho, I think you guys are doing a perfect job and clearly have plenty of talent on board as it is with regards to ideas, art direction and how you've managed the execution of those ideas into reality. Still can't hurt to have one of the big boys in the game adding to the already awesome team you've got.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with all those characters and excited to hear what else you've got planned!

Coffee Bear
08-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Hope you the Marvel thing is sort out soon. Would you all consider doing Mr. Sinister and Omega Red.

With Eric on board can we see Spidey soon?

Sharkey
08-10-2014, 11:10 AM
Yup they are main projects which Marvel has given us the green light (or want us to do) in 2015. If we get X men going again, we would still want to put them in 2015 as well. Therefore it is important to note that we may not necessarily roll out EVERY character on the above list... if we are able to get some of our original preferred characters re-approved, we might switch some of them out. For example, SS made a really nice Deadpool already so if we had to choose between say Cable vs Deadpool, we might do Cable instead because we feel he is more needed.

But we'll listen to the community of course so if there are some really strong demands for certain characters to be made, we will still consider them seriously as long as we have the bandwidth to make em good. We also need to bear in mind we are lean and we need to balance between roll out an QC. QC is very important for us so if it means we push out some characters later, we will do so.

Shoot! I will easily take a Cable over deadpool. We don't get to see many good ones of him, and deadpool is overdone.

Also, please get a TopCow license! CS Moore has been the only one that has put out anything for it and even then, nothing from the more recent comics/art. I NEED me some Stjepan Sejic inspired statues!!! :sos:

KayOrzz
08-10-2014, 11:35 AM
Also, please get a TopCow license!

The first statue I've ever collected was the Witchblade Sterling Edition. :drooling:

Armored_Berserk
08-10-2014, 12:02 PM

Good news because

I

want

a

Cable 1/4 !!!!

loricstone
08-10-2014, 01:07 PM
No Black Cat. Bummer.

She's part of the Spiderman line I would presume....so until XM gets the go ahead you won't see her anytime soon.

For the record, I want her too. But I thought the SS version was awesome! One of the best Marvel PF statues they have done so far.

Sharkey
08-10-2014, 01:34 PM
The first statue I've ever collected was the Witchblade Sterling Edition. :drooling:

Yea I have the Darkness, Magdellen, and looking at getting the Angelus soon, but I really don't care for any of the current witchblade options :(. The early artwork was nice, but definitely not my favorite by far.

Demona
08-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I come back from a fun beach weekend to this VERY upsetting - and frankly infuriating - news about Phoenix.

Bryan, I know this is not anybody at XMs fault. All I can say is that I appreciate the fact you guys are fans of the genre and know that there are so many amazing characters that deserve attention.

I am truly heartbroken and disenchanted with this whole f*cking collectibles market because the comics companies don't even have an influence anymore. It's all what the movies narrow the scope to and therefore Fox and Disney rule with an iron first.

Congrats to Magneto and Wolverine fans. Hope someday I will get a green Jean/Phoenix. She's my unicorn at this point.

Oh and XM - I'm begging you to not make another Emma before ANY Jean is made. That would be a slap in the face.

I will now add a different take in the Phoenix thread.

JorgeLoyo
08-10-2014, 02:48 PM

I won't mind waiting a little more between releases if its to maintain that amazing QC you guys have :thumbs2:

Titanchuck
08-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Hawkeye – 5th Sept
Wolverine (Yellow) – 19th Sept
Antman – 3rd Oct
Thanos – 17th Oct
Ms Marvel – 31th Oct
Thor – 14 Nov
Mark 7 – 28th Nov

So since all these preorders are in the next three months does that mean they all ship next year..I'm just asking because that's a tall order being seven statues including mags 8shipped in one year for just the few of you...I myself intend on preorder in them all and thus will surely cut my Sideshow budget by 95% for next year

cpluse2
08-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Look at the list. Are there any pics or poses of Ms Marvel?
Also which ones will be ready for display at the show?
Great line up thou!!!

Vru
08-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Hi shorudan,

in the booth's pic of STGCC seem that there are 14+ empty showcases... should we expect the 4+1 already release statues and the 2014 prototypes?

Please say yes, Please say yes...:drooling:

Collectorcol
08-10-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi shorudan,

in the booth's pic of STGCC seem that there are 14+ empty showcases... should we expect the 4+1 already release statues and the 2014 prototypes?

Please say yes, Please say yes...:drooling:

You including the confirmed 1:6 line?
New licenses with protos would be nice...

FROBAY
08-10-2014, 04:37 PM
Sorry if I missed the question in earlier posters.

Do all the statues come with a coin?

Thanks

yeek
08-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Sorry if I missed the question in earlier posters.

Do all the statues come with a coin?

Thanks

They don't, they only produce about 50% of coins to the ES of the statue.

built2shred
08-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Ugh, my biggest issue is how close their releasing the statues together for Pre-Order, I pretty much want all of them and that's brutal on the wallet....

Lawnknome
08-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Ugh, my biggest issue is how close their releasing the statues together for Pre-Order, I pretty much want all of them and that's brutal on the wallet....

Tell me about it. I am starting to look at my current collection to begin the purge.

It will be a dark time in my comic den, no one is safe. Previous grails think themselves above the culling, but XM holds dominion over all.

All previous pieces shall know fear!

nbr3bagshotrow
08-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Seems to me digital design and printing is providing manufacturers to put out pieces more often.

built2shred
08-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Seems to me digital design and printing is providing manufacturers to put out pieces more often.

Defiantly some truth to that, but I do know a few of XM's statues are being hand sculpted as well. Someone posted which ones in one of the threads I was reading...

Even though the PO's are close together, I doubt the releases will be as close so will have some breathing room on that side of it... Anyway you look it it's going to be expensive ....

Shoo
08-10-2014, 07:01 PM
She's part of the Spiderman line I would presume....so until XM gets the go ahead you won't see her anytime soon.

For the record, I want her too. But I thought the SS version was awesome! One of the best Marvel PF statues they have done so far.

Yeah, I own that one, too, but I just can't get enough Black Cat/Catwoman goodness.

I have a thing for felines in black leather (https://img1.etsystatic.com/029/1/7540591/il_340x270.622036809_3izc.jpg).

KELPIE
08-10-2014, 07:31 PM

2) blah
3) blah
4) blah...

You could have just stopped there Loric, Transformers should be the only priority :)

Hey Bryan, what is the lowest ES for a statue to be viable?

Thanks

madmanny
08-10-2014, 07:40 PM
When will sesimic distributions start selling xm statues? Did they get any magnetos?

risingstar
08-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Hey Shorudan..does it mean that this list will be the main projects for 2015 right?

1) Blackbolt (inhumans)
2) Medusa (inhumans)
3) Doctor Strange
4) She Hulk
5) Daredevil
6) Elektra
7) Ultron
8) Nick Fury
9) Winter soldier
10) Deadpool

So any Xmen (when the license is approved again) will be for 2016?

Dr. Strange would be awesome as he doesn't even appear on Sideshow's radar... Medusa and She-Hulk are interesting choices too. Daredevil would be awesome, especially since the Sideshow version didn't exactly wow the fanbase. All this to say, it's great to see some competition in the 1/4 scale market. However, here's hoping the cost does come down as $700 is rather steep for the average collector.

Collectorcol
08-10-2014, 07:44 PM
When will sesimic distributions slicenseling xm statues? Did they get any magnetos?

They didn't get Magneto. Hopefully they will have the next release.
Confused how they can distribute while being outside the license agreed area?

Bobfrog
08-10-2014, 07:59 PM

Same way as BBTS and the likes are doing it probably i.e. via a reseller. That or the Euopean licensing rights are almost sorted (hence why you're not seeing any stuff in their store just yet, unless they've updated it since yesterday).

actionjackson83
08-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Dr. Strange would be awesome as he doesn't even appear on Sideshow's radar... Medusa and She-Hulk are interesting choices too. Daredevil would be awesome, especially since the Sideshow version didn't exactly wow the fanbase. All this to say, it's great to see some competition in the 1/4 scale market. However, here's hoping the cost does come down as $700 is rather steep for the average collector.

I can see most of those falling back to the $500-550 price range like Cap. Mags was so expensive because of the intricate base.

JorgeLoyo
08-10-2014, 08:42 PM

built2shred
08-10-2014, 09:49 PM
I can see most of those falling back to the $500-550 price range like Cap. Mags was so expensive because of the intricate base.

http://www.crisisoninfinitemidlives.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/captain_america_facepalm.jpg

Lawnknome
08-10-2014, 09:59 PM
......is this a thing now?

actionjackson83
08-10-2014, 10:19 PM
What's wrong with that? BW and Cap was $550 USD after conversion. You really think they're gonna leave all their releases at $849 SGD? It would be hard to justify imo.

Lawnknome
08-10-2014, 10:22 PM
What's wrong with that? BW and Cap was $550 USD after conversion. You really think they're gonna leave all their releases at $849 SGD? It would be hard to justify imo.

Agreed, There is no reason I see Wolverine being the same price as Mags. Same with Hawkeye.

Great pieces each, but I would expect them in the Cap/Hulk range.

Bobfrog
08-10-2014, 11:17 PM

I would hope you're right (and see no reason why not).

built2shred
08-10-2014, 11:51 PM

I misread what you were saying, I thought you were saying that XM's statues were going to drop in value after they sold out.... I didn't realize you were talking about the price of new statues.. my bad..

loricstone
08-11-2014, 12:28 AM
You could have just stopped there Loric, Transformers should be the only priority :)

Hey Bryan, what is the lowest ES for a statue to be viable?

Thanks

:goodpost::hilarious:

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 03:03 AM
Hi XM

Can I know why you guys have cut confirmed preorder from Malaysian retailer today? Many collector which ordered on time last Friday is now screw up because of this. We ordered one piece each with no intention to flip and before it was sold out?

Is this how XM is treating us one of your early supporters when you started with Cap A and M 42 now that you are famous?

The Mule
08-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Hi,
I only wanted to know: is Doctor Doom on the radar?

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 05:12 AM
Hi XM

Can I know why you guys have cut confirmed preorder from Malaysian retailer today? Many collector which ordered on time last Friday is now screw up because of this. We ordered one piece each with no intention to flip and before it was sold out?

Is this how XM is treating us one of your early supporters when you started with Cap A and M 42 now that you are famous?

Sorry to hear that mate. Did the retailers give any of you guys an official reason as to why they cancelled your order i.e. did they actually state that it was down to XM's actions and not because they oversold a product they didn't preorder enough of?

Collectorcol
08-11-2014, 05:51 AM
Exactly. How do you know it was XM Studios fault and not your retailers?
You need to establish the facts before accusing...

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 06:03 AM
Sorry to hear that mate. Did the retailers give any of you guys an official reason as to why they cancelled your order i.e. did they actually state that it was down to XM's actions and not because they oversold a product they didn't preorder enough of?

The reason given was that the supplier cut the stock. It affected a few collector and myself. I do not think there was an oversold situation as during preorder the retailer only accepted our order after confirming with the supplier that they can get the stock.

I would like to apologise to XM in advance if it is not their fault or it is oversold by retailer here or if my facts were wrong. If they can provide an explanation on this it would be appreçiated.

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 06:15 AM
The reason given was that the supplier cut the stock. It affected a few collector and myself. I do not think there was an oversold situation as during preorder the retailer only accepted our order after confirming with the supplier that they can get the stock.

I would like to apologise to XM in advance if it is not their fault or it is oversold by retailer here or if my facts were wrong. If they can provide an explanation on this it would be appreçiated.

Yeah that is a bit odd. Sure Bryan will chime in at some point to help clear things up and he may be able to help you out. good luck.

MexxPaul
08-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Do you ship your statues to Europe/Germany? I`d love to order the Thor.

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 06:21 AM
Do you ship your statues to Europe/Germany? I`d love to order the Thor.

they can't sell direct to europeans - Semic in france are apparently going to act as distributors soon so that's your best bet going forward.

I think maybe there needs to be a sticky thread which noone can post in which literally lists the facts that everyone needs to read (and only the mods / bryan can amend or add to) i.e. what Bryan has already listed on the first page but elaborated with a lot more info such as PO dates etc.

Seems like a lot of the same questions keep coming up where people don't take time to look back at the first page of this thread.

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 06:38 AM
Yeah that is a bit odd. Sure Bryan will chime in at some point to help clear things up and he may be able to help you out. good luck.

I admit I have come out too strong in my first message due to frustration due to finding out the order was cancelled. It did not make sense as during confirmation of order locally it was still available for order in Simplytoy.

Anyway I just hope there is some explanation.

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 06:57 AM
I admit I have come out too strong in my first message due to frustration due to finding out the order was cancelled. It did not make sense as during confirmation of order locally it was still available for order in Simplytoy.

Anyway I just hope there is some explanation.

No worries mate, you've already said you're apologies to them so don't fret it. You'll get a reply soon enough.

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 08:58 AM
No worries mate, you've already said you're apologies to them so don't fret it. You'll get a reply soon enough.

Thks friend for your kind words.

shorudan
08-11-2014, 10:00 AM
Hey coffee bear let me look into this to help you!

shorudan
08-11-2014, 10:08 AM
Coffee bear, I've checked and XM has fulfilled all resellers stock allocation as agreed by their order confirmations till date. We have not gone back to cut or reduce any stocks from any resellers but we are obviously not taking any new orders since our first allocation that 'sold out'. Which reseller did you say they had to cut stocks? Is it an approved reseller?

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 11:33 AM
Coffee bear, I've checked and XM has fulfilled all resellers stock allocation as agreed by their order confirmations till date. We have not gone back to cut or reduce any stocks from any resellers but we are obviously not taking any new orders since our first allocation that 'sold out'. Which reseller did you say they had to cut stocks? Is it an approved reseller?

Hi Shorudan

I have pm you on the details. Best this is discussed in private. Apologise from some of the acquisition which is uncalled for.

madmanny
08-11-2014, 12:13 PM

I must say I am confused by this, would love to know how also.

Lawnknome
08-11-2014, 12:28 PM

Guessing a middle man somewhere.

shorudan
08-11-2014, 12:30 PM
It is possible that they get their stocks from some of the approved distributors who may have parallel deals. We only keep track of approved distributors and do not know every reseller out there who may be getting their stocks from other sources.

shorudan
08-11-2014, 12:31 PM

This too!

Titanchuck
08-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Are all the preorders in the next three months scheduled to ship next year? Eight statues?

Hellboy
08-11-2014, 12:54 PM
they can't sell direct to europeans - Semic in france are apparently going to act as distributors soon so that's your best bet going forward.

I think maybe there needs to be a sticky thread which noone can post in which literally lists the facts that everyone needs to read (and only the mods / bryan can amend or add to) i.e. what Bryan has already listed on the first page but elaborated with a lot more info such as PO dates etc.

Seems like a lot of the same questions keep coming up where people don't take time to look back at the first page of this thread.

This thread is already sticky. Post one contains FAQs that Bryan can edit/add to at any time. The problem is not everyone takes the to read through them before posting. I will edit the thread title to highlight this fact to see if that will help.

keewan
08-11-2014, 01:22 PM
Are all the preorders in the next three months scheduled to ship next year? Eight statues?

I don't know if all those will ship next year, but I know there will be more than 8 statues I am getting from them next year across all the lines.

equi-nox76
08-11-2014, 02:18 PM
Is there any chance you guys can sell through a German retailer in the future as well?

Hellboy
08-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Pre-Order dates for all XM Studios 2014 Marvel statues have been added to post 1 of this thread for easy access.

shorudan - please feel free to PM me new dates as they come in and I will keep the list current.

Hunterkingxxl
08-11-2014, 04:36 PM

It is possible that they get their stocks from some of the approved distributors who may have parallel deals. We only keep track of approved distributors and do not know every reseller out there who may be getting their stocks from other sources.

It's no secret that major European distributors buy up stock from the licensed area. Or maybe it is. They sell to befriended resellers only. There is a confirmed amount of 7 Magneto statues coming to Europe through HEO and PBM. Both are distributors outside of the licensed area.

The prices will be retail (licensed area) + shipping + VAT + Customs. The estimated 2 Magneto's entering The Netherlands will sell for about €1450 per piece.

No way to get a hand on one of them. Don't know where the other 5 will go in Europe. Wolverine will be easier to come by as the new French distributor will carry him, but in limited quantities also...

Still a hunting game for XM statues :)

The Mule
08-11-2014, 04:45 PM
It's no secret that major European distributors buy up stock from the licensed area. Or maybe it is. They sell to befriended resellers only. There is a confirmed amount of 7 Magneto statues coming to Europe through HEO and PBM. Both are distributors outside of the licensed area.

The prices will be retail (licensed area) + shipping + VAT + Customs. The estimated 2 Magneto's entering The Netherlands will sell for about €1450 per piece.

No way to get a hand on one of them. Don't know where the other 5 will go in Europe. Wolverine will be easier to come by as the new French distributor will carry him, but in limited quantities also...

Still a hunting game for XM statues :)

...I did better :buttrock:

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 04:46 PM
This thread is already sticky. Post one contains FAQs that Bryan can edit/add to at any time. The problem is not everyone takes the to read through them before posting. I will edit the thread title to highlight this fact to see if that will help.

Nice one HB. Yeah, what you said exactly. Hopefully with the new title people will read the first page before posting recurring questions.

yeek
08-11-2014, 05:03 PM
Thanks for doing that HB, yep should make things easier...

JorgeLoyo
08-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Hey Shorudan my man I have a question, just out of curiosity does XM has any interest in picking up an "anime" license? I love anime but sadly there isn't and company doing 1/4 statues, more so an amazing one like you guys

FROBAY
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
I would hope XM starts including coins with all the statues.

wanderlai
08-11-2014, 08:40 PM
I remember reading something about getting a "special" version for some random person. Is that still something planned?

Coffee Bear
08-11-2014, 08:44 PM
I would like to apologise to XM on my earlier posting for incorrectly acquising them earlier. I m to blame on not getting my facts right. Basically what happen is the local retailer supply was cut by the reseller they got from. I will leave it as it is and maybe just see if I can find a good deal after it is release.

Viper245
08-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Thank you to Hellboy for posting XM's preorder schedule in the first post for easy reference. :thumbs2:

Remember Me?
08-11-2014, 10:01 PM
With Sosa on-board, can we expect to see 1/4 Batman with his gadgets?

shorudan
08-11-2014, 11:15 PM
Pre-Order dates for all XM Studios 2014 Marvel statues have been added to post 1 of this thread for easy access.

shorudan - please feel free to PM me new dates as they come in and I will keep the list current.

Thanks hellboy!! That was really cool of you! :)

shorudan
08-11-2014, 11:17 PM
I would like to apologise to XM on my earlier posting for incorrectly acquising them earlier. I m to blame on not getting my facts right. Basically what happen is the local retailer supply was cut by the reseller they got from. I will leave it as it is and maybe just see if I can find a good deal after it is release.

No harm done coffee bear, I do hope your local reseller can get some stocks. Sorry I couldn't help you more on this but we try not to get involved between resellers and master resellers, it could get messy!

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 12:08 AM
No harm done coffee bear, I do hope your local reseller can get some stocks. Sorry I couldn't help you more on this but we try not to get involved between resellers and master resellers, it could get messy!

So on FB you hint that ou and Sosa will be bringing the collectors a Spidey.... Is he coming sooner that planned because of the XMen STAFU??? Because... That would be pretty awesome???

keewan
08-12-2014, 12:25 AM
So on FB you hint that ou and Sosa will be bringing the collectors a Spidey.... Is he coming sooner that planned because of the XMen STAFU??? Because... That would be pretty awesome???

Na, Bryan already teased this back in June, way before the XMen thing.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4844003&postcount=941

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 12:35 AM
Na, Bryan already teased this back in June, way before the XMen thing.

http://www.statueforum.com/showpost.php?p=4844003&postcount=941

Ah okay... Didn't see that.

dutch1987
08-12-2014, 01:49 PM
hoped Wolverine Preorder will be official 1st from site then from retailers but seems to be its going totally unprofessional way just like magneto..

Titanchuck
08-12-2014, 01:55 PM
I don't know if all those will ship next year, but I know there will be more than 8 statues I am getting from them next year across all the lines.

So that means although preorders are this year ,and according to your answer some statues we will actually be waiting over a year for??These are 2014 preorders but some of these won't ship till 2016? Not rushing the process of your most excellent QC but is this correct?

Lawnknome
08-12-2014, 02:18 PM
hoped Wolverine Preorder will be official 1st from site then from retailers but seems to be its going totally unprofessional way just like magneto..

Do you even know what you are talking about, or are you just upset you didnt get a Magneto?

The only thing handled wrong about Magneto was that they did not announce ahead of time. His preorder was done perfectly fine. Their members got an email he was going up for preorder. XM has no control over third party distributors. You can ----- at them if you want.

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 02:52 PM
Do you even know what you are talking about, or are you just upset you didnt get a Magneto?

The only thing handled wrong about Magneto was that they did not announce ahead of time. His preorder was done perfectly fine. Their members got an email he was going up for preorder. XM has no control over third party distributors. You can ----- at them if you want.

Some are not happy with what they perceive as back door dealings that are going on. Where guys are securing pieces through board members before the piece even goes up for preorder. I personally have no problem with it because the information has been out there for an awfully long while who was taking these orders, BUT I can see where the annoyance is coming from.

kevin2323
08-12-2014, 02:56 PM
Some are not happy with what they perceive as back door dealings that are going on. Where guys are securing pieces through board members before the piece even goes up for preorder. I personally have no problem with it because the information has been out there for an awfully long while who was taking these orders, BUT I can see where the annoyance is coming from.

they dont sell to the US so people need to stop acting like they are hiding preorders from us. THEY DONT SELL TO THE USA FOLKS. get the statues any way you can.

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 03:02 PM
they dont sell to the US so people need to stop acting like they are hiding preorders from us. THEY DONT SELL TO THE USA FOLKS. get the statues any way you can.

Ummm ... I wasn't complaining... and yeah I get that. I could have had Mags ordered up a month ago.... lol.

kevin2323
08-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Ummm ... I wasn't complaining... and yeah I get that. I could have had Mags ordered up a month ago.... lol.

it wasnt directed towards you. that is why i said people.

sorry if it came off like that lol. i just hate people who dont do their homework then complain about things not being fair.

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 03:20 PM
it wasnt directed towards you. that is why i said people.

sorry if it came off like that lol. i just hate people who dont do their homework then complain about things not being fair.

The problem is for some that these threads move at lightning speed, and they just can't keep up.

kevin2323
08-12-2014, 03:29 PM
The problem is for some that these threads move at lightning speed, and they just can't keep up.

true. it's tough keeping up with xm. they are growing FAST

Spidey976
08-12-2014, 04:43 PM
true. it's tough keeping up with xm. they are growing FAST

Given the constraints of the CURRENT licenses XM has to move fast... :confused2

Bobfrog
08-12-2014, 08:03 PM
Hey Hellboy,
Do you think it would be worth adding the forum members who are acting as resellers to the first page as quiet a few peeps could do with knowing that info (lots asking in the magneto thread) and also it would serve to verify them as official resellers that can be trusted for those who have commitment issues ;-)

Just a thought.

Hellboy
08-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Hey Hellboy,
Do you think it would be worth adding the forum members who are acting as resellers to the first page as quiet a few peeps could do with knowing that info (lots asking in the magneto thread) and also it would serve to verify them as official resellers that can be trusted for those who have commitment issues ;-)

Just a thought.

Unfortunately that's not something we can allow. Seeing as how XM doesn't have a license to sell within the US we can't be promoting sales through the forum as an alternative. Basically we don't want Statue Forum being seen as a store front for potential US buyers by Marvel and other forum supporters.

Obviously members are going to search these pieces out regardless and as a free forum that covers more than just the US that is fine. Mentioning official resellers who are members here in forum posts is fine as well but deals need to be confined to PMs with the understanding it's buy at your own risk and that SF is in no way responsible for any deals that may go bad.

Bobfrog
08-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Unfortunately that's not something we can allow. Seeing as how XM doesn't have a license to sell within the US we can't be promoting sales through the forum as an alternative. Basically we don't want Statue Forum being seen as a store front for potential US buyers by Marvel and other forum supporters.

Obviously members are going to search these pieces out regardless and as a free forum that covers more than just the US that is fine. Mentioning official resellers who are members here in forum posts is fine as well but deals need to be confined to PMs with the understanding it's buy at your own risk and that SF is in no way responsible for any deals that may go bad.

good point, forgot about that one. No probs HB. they're easy enough to find I suppose.

Lawnknome
08-13-2014, 07:39 AM
good point, forgot about that one. No probs HB. they're easy enough to find I suppose.

Honestly all people have to do is not be lazy and read some threads. I am pretty sure all the members like that are mentioned multiple times in each piece's thread.

Bobfrog
08-13-2014, 08:54 AM
Honestly all people have to do is not be lazy and read some threads. I am pretty sure all the members like that are mentioned multiple times in each piece's thread.

Need a smiley with a nail in it's head!

A fine example of which can be found on: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=144818&page=127
:laugh:

equi-nox76
08-13-2014, 09:15 AM
What about a Captain Future license? To my knowledge noone has it, the movie will be out next year and I'd be in for all characters of the crew.

shorudan
08-13-2014, 10:04 AM
So that means although preorders are this year ,and according to your answer some statues we will actually be waiting over a year for??These are 2014 preorders but some of these won't ship till 2016? Not rushing the process of your most excellent QC but is this correct?

Lol we wish we have that kinda time! No, all the statues will be out within 2015 for sure. 2016 is for S.... whew... almost let the cat out of the bag!

Spidey976
08-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Lol we wish we have that kinda time! No, all the statues will be out within 2015 for sure. 2016 is for Spiderman and Superman.... whew... almost let the cat out of the bag!

Cat out now???? LOL... You are a tease m8

loricstone
08-13-2014, 11:42 AM
This is a quote from Erick Sosa on facebook.

Hi guys,
just wanted to share, as of November/December I will officially start working as the Art Director for XM Studios Premium Collectibles
I am honored to work with such a cool company that is changing the way we look at collectibles, not just with outside the box concepts, but a company that creates quality product. Solid resin pieces, great quality paint, and concepts, no egg shell/hollow pieces, a company ran by artists
There's so much more coming aside from Marvel but I can't say a thing...for now
Here's to a new stage
Thanks,
-Erick

Hunterkingxxl
08-13-2014, 11:51 AM
This is a quote from Erick Sosa on facebook.

Hi guys,
just wanted to share, as of November/December I will officially start working as the Art Director for XM Studios Premium Collectibles
I am honored to work with such a cool company that is changing the way we look at collectibles, not just with outside the box concepts, but a company that creates quality product. Solid resin pieces, great quality paint, and concepts, no egg shell/hollow pieces, a company ran by artists
There's so much more coming aside from Marvel but I can't say a thing...for now
Here's to a new stage
Thanks,
-Erick

Great! Now get a broad market share please, so we can all pick up your pieces without a witch-hunt in the middle of the night. :)

TheStig88
08-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Whatever these new licenses might be, praying that they'll be able to distribute them in the US.

I am terrified right now.:laugh:

Sharkey
08-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Omfg so happy! Can't wait for the reveals!!!