PDA

View Full Version : TMNT-Prime 1 Studio Raphael

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shanesg
07-26-2014, 10:57 PM
Some dude just posted this on FB

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10540346_4452400923677_3977555815004490878_n.jpg?oh=02ef11d7910b143738a1d19d7f0d4840&oe=5448798F&__gda__=1413804968_242c0cf88eecc58da74d40dcd5324ab7

Also, I'm not sure if this is supposed to be in the SS section.

chunkster702
07-26-2014, 10:58 PM
That's pretty cool.

Shanesg
07-26-2014, 10:59 PM
I would pick it up if it wasn't going to cost about $2000.

VS1976
07-26-2014, 11:01 PM
Whooooh... Looks great but paying $$$$ is going to be too much. I'll stick with ssc.

Ricky Bobby
07-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Looks good,Prime 1 is really nailing the likeness of the characters,but at there prices I think I will just stick with some of there TF's,but pretty cool that they are doing this for those who may want it

ReplicantSavior
07-26-2014, 11:14 PM
That looks good for those that like the new more realistic TMNT movie designs. I'll stick to the old designs myself. If they make a set of these they'll cost a fortune. I see that expensive Transformer in the background and the turtle is almost the same scale.

SideShowJoe
07-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Looks sweet but doesn't come close to all my sideshow turtles and those will never be touched IMO and they will never leave my king fu grip!

Sarah

RadicalThrasher
07-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Looks good!

PureInvasion
07-26-2014, 11:19 PM

:iagree:

Atheris
07-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Wow...just got home from seeing Lucy (awesome film by the way) and find this!

What a f%*king cool statue! Ain't gonna lie, I'm probably gonna order this. Despite those who are stuck in the past and can't handle change, I actually love the new designs.

I'm already loving the size and detail of this thing. Does Prime 1 have and exclusive deal with Micheal bay or something? lol

Prime 1 and ECC are quickly becoming my favourite true museum quality statue companies. Don't care what the price is, I'll pay for quality everytime.

Chris

SideShowJoe
07-26-2014, 11:34 PM

What a f%*king cool statue! Ain't gonna lie, I'm probably gonna order this. Despite those who are stuck in the past and can't handle change, I actually love the new designs.

I'm already loving the size and detail of this thing. Does Prime 1 have and exclusive deal with Micheal bay or something? lol

Prime 1 and ECC are quickly becoming my favourite true museum quality statue companies.

Chris

It's cool Chris and I don't mind new design either but this thing is going to be way too much and overpriced so it will most likely get passed by us! The preview of that new turtle movie looked good but just hope it has the vibes of each of the turtles like the original and I think it will do well snd be received well!

Like you said many people don't like change and only like the original look but like I said I think its cool and it's neat modern new look for them! Kind of pissed me off Sideshow stopped the turtle line because I would of bought a April and Casey Jones as well as bebop or rocksteady ? Come on sideshow...

Edit: Glad you saw Lucy and said it was good looked pretty bad ass story and love scarlet so I can't wait to see it! Worth the $15 ticket?

Sarah

yeek
07-26-2014, 11:36 PM
Prime 1 is really doing a great job on these, if I liked the Bay designs I would be all over them.

EnShinNoi
07-26-2014, 11:50 PM
That looks cool and I think they started off with the best designed turtle.

Atheris
07-26-2014, 11:55 PM
It's cool Chris and I don't mind new design either but this thing is going to be way too much and overpriced so it will most likely get passed by us! The preview of that new turtle movie looked good but just hope it has the vibes of each of the turtles like the original and I think it will do well snd be received well!

Like you said many people don't like change and only like the original look but like I said I think its cool and it's neat modern new look for them! Kind of pissed me off Sideshow stopped the turtle line because I would of bought a April and Casey Jones as well as bebop or rocksteady ? Come on sideshow...

Edit: Glad you saw Lucy and said it was good looked pretty bad ass story and love scarlet so I can't wait to see it! Worth the $15 ticket?

Sarah

I like new and evolving things, so I dig the designs. I really like the new Robocop designs as well. Not sure why some people can't enjoy the past while embracing the future? We live in a time now where there are so many new and exciting things being created and imagined I think it's a great time to be alive.

Lucy was a great film, great concepts put together in an entertaining way. The movie took liberties in some areas with it's main premiss focusing on the outdated knowledge that humans only use 10% of their brains. This actually isn't true, humans already use 100% of their brains and less when we're at rest. The 10% thing is a myth. I've been reading a lot of people disliking the film are religious nuts, ironically like the statue in question can't let go of the past and don't like change or facts that conflicts with their belief system. The film touches on that in many areas. Again, it's just one of the many reasons I enjoyed it.

Oh...and Scarlett Johansson is sexy as hell lol

Chris

jedisword
07-27-2014, 12:12 AM
I created a thread for this on the SSF boards and everyone keeps saying the same thing. Why do you all think it a going to be 2k. Like the other stuff makes sense because of the size and crazy detail per individual part

SideShowJoe
07-27-2014, 12:19 AM
I created a thread for this on the SSF boards and everyone keeps saying the same thing. Why do you all think it a going to be 2k. Like the other stuff makes sense because of the size and crazy detail per individual part

I don't think it will be $2k but it will be more than what I'm willing to pay!

Sarah

Atheris
07-27-2014, 12:22 AM
If that's really the base they're gonna go with (which I hope it is, I like it), it won't be 2k......I'm gonna guess this will be $1000-1300.

Chris

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 12:40 AM
I really didn't like the design of these when it was first shown, but they are really growing on me. Can't wait to see the movie in a couple weeks.

built2shred
07-27-2014, 12:56 AM
Are these like 1:3 scale?

Looks freakin awesome... Is SS going to sell these?

SideShowJoe
07-27-2014, 12:58 AM
I really didn't like the design of these when it was first shown, but they are really growing on me. Can't wait to see the movie in a couple weeks.

Yeah Shane, I think the movie will be good, but will see! Just hope the CG effects are good because lots of this film will be CG, just hope it looks good and as real as it can be and just hope all the personalities are right on with how they should be with each turtle....and I'll just say that I'm prettier than Megan fox and she is probably going to ruin April O'Neil for me as character! Hahha

Sarah

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Are these like 1:3 scale?

Looks freakin awesome...

No idea. They look big, but they could still be 1/4 scale. They looks gigantic in the movie.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/atheris666/ce089f8d0ce862560936f20b392b7877_zps0f9fe5fa.jpg

Based on this I would say 1/4. Im assuming these are all from the same line.

Vracula
07-27-2014, 02:06 AM

Yeah seriously, Hopefully these are cheaper.

Spazzy
07-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Big turtle fan and think it looks great however the movie is got to be pretty great for me to buy these

Dragoncurry
07-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Although it looks AMAZING, I will never support a michael bay influence. That guy pisses me off lol.

Juggernaut
07-27-2014, 06:24 AM
I like Raphael's new design. It's a cool statue.

I still think the new movie is going to suck!

Way too much rap music in the trailers and Michaelangelo even talks like one of those ganster rappers.

It does not matter what role Megan Fox plays.
Megan Fox plays Megan Fox.

SuperJ300
07-27-2014, 09:51 AM
Does Prime1 only do Bay movie or just movie statues?

Amazing talent, hope we get Superman vs Batman statue from Prime1 studio.

PermaGrin
07-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Ha, no matter the price, just remember, you need to do that price times 4. :D

PermaGrin
07-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Way too much rap music in the trailers and Michaelangelo even talks like one of those ganster rappers.

The "new" turtles "grew up" in this day in age. They grew on today's pop culture.

People rather the turtles still run around talking like 80s/90s surfers?

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 10:57 AM
A lot of people around here suffer from nostalgia syndrome. :p

It's when they think anything new could never be as good as the things they had as children.

Growing up I pretty much lived for ninja turtles, but I've seen scenes from the trailers for this new movie that tops anything in the old ones.

Sithlord32
07-27-2014, 10:58 AM
No interest in TMNT but he looks stellar!

derekrodneysim
07-27-2014, 11:07 AM
All depends on if they grow on me. Need to watch the movie first. From the looks of it, I may like the movie but the designs are still 50/50. I can accept the new look but the face just bugs me. I never did like Shrek's look either.

AlizAbef
07-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Despite those who are stuck in the past and can't handle change, I actually love the new designs.

Chris

I love & welcome change all the time (XM Studios), but I draw the line at anything Michael Bay, haha! Glad to se you dig these; however, vintage TMNT wins....even if it's from Sideshow.

RadicalThrasher
07-27-2014, 11:38 AM

Yes. :thumbs2:

http://media1.giphy.com/media/L6copNY61JjX2/200_s.gif

Juggernaut
07-27-2014, 03:24 PM
The "new" turtles "grew up" in this day in age. They grew on today's pop culture.

If the alternative is rapper hood slang then yes.

Micheal Bay have a sick fascination with this ghetto slang. He did the same thing in Transformers 2.

jedisword
07-27-2014, 05:47 PM
Courtesy of m4rc3low

s_paulik87
07-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Like the new design or not there's no way one could say this isn't badass. I want all 4. How long is prime 1 wait time before delivery?

RadicalThrasher
07-27-2014, 05:49 PM
Like the new design or not there's no way one could say this isn't badass. I want all 4. How long is prime 1 wait time before delivery?

I agree.

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 05:49 PM
awesome. Not sure how I feel about the sunglasses, but besides that he look badass.

Atheris
07-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Sick! Looks great!

Chris

loricstone
07-27-2014, 06:30 PM
My friend absolutely can not stand how the new Turtles look! I think he has lost his mind!!

How can anyone that liked the turtles before not like the turtles now?

I think they are phenomenal. I can't wait to see the movie. I hope these Prime 1 statues are not too expensive. I would gladly buy all 4 of these toitles!!!:buttrock:

wanderlai
07-27-2014, 06:43 PM
That's a pretty awesome looking statue. I'm not a turtles fan but it sure looks good.

Smooth Criminal
07-27-2014, 06:46 PM
If ites $1000 I'm in for raph and leo

Atheris
07-27-2014, 06:54 PM
Fack....I'm getting all four :D

Chris

Smooth Criminal
07-27-2014, 07:01 PM
Fack....I'm getting all four :D

Chris

Lol :buttrock:

yipkusing
07-27-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm purty sure Prime 1 will make the Schredder as well. I think it looks sick in the movie trailer. Can't wait to see the movie and the statue itself.

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 08:23 PM
I'm Pumped for this movie. Every trailer is better than the last. Megan Fox will fail for sure, but hopefully that doesn't hurt the movie too much. At least she's nice to look at.

Hmmmm.. I wonder will Prime 1 do an April Fig? :laugh:

Toaster
07-27-2014, 08:38 PM
I too am pumped for this movie! Raph looks amazing - Prime 1 is on a roll. Here's hoping SS will distribute them...

biglebowski9999
07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
How can anyone that liked the turtles before not like the turtles now?:

Same reason you love G1 and hate Bayformers lol? Although the new Turtles are not nearly as drastic a change.

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 09:00 PM
I kind of feel bad for the guy that's directing this movie. Immediately people think it's gonna be ---- because Bay's name is associated with it. I hope he proves all the naysayers wrong.

Ricky Bobby
07-27-2014, 09:14 PM
They nailed the skin tone,this is growing on me,love the size and quality,and the base.I am hopin his sai's are metal but even if they are not,its not a deal breaker.If price is okay,i think I am gonna get a couple of them

SuperDinoHunter
07-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Nooooo waaaaay!!!!! This is awesome!!!!! I grew up on the original turtles back in the eighties and I have every single sideshow TMNT statue released. Looking forward to the movie. I wasn't a fan of the designs when it was first announced and early pics popped up but since then I have had a change of heart after several trailers and features. The designs are a different take on the turtles but the essence of the characters is still there.

I would definitely snag these if the price is right! Prime 1 doing them is a bonus as they pay close attention to the details!!! I would also die if Prime 1 tackled the TERMINATOR 2 Licence and do a Endoskeleton maquette........It would be EPIC!!!!

VS1976
07-27-2014, 09:15 PM
My friend absolutely can not stand how the new Turtles look! I think he has lost his mind!!

How can anyone that liked the turtles before not like the turtles now?

I think they are phenomenal. I can't wait to see the movie. I hope these Prime 1 statues are not too expensive. I would gladly buy all 4 of these toitles!!!:buttrock:

Lol $10k later...::eek:

Ricky Bobby
07-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Part of the reason of the P1 TF's prices are because of the insane base they use,with a simple base like the one in the pic with Raph,I imagine it wont be as bad in price

azurepred
07-27-2014, 10:15 PM
I kind of feel bad for the guy that's directing this movie. Immediately people think it's gonna be ---- because Bay's name is associated with it. I hope he proves all the naysayers wrong.

the trailers already look crap to me. Shredder looks ridiculous. This statue looks good and I don't hate the designs of them, but I would've preferred the turtles to be practical effects like the original films. Just not feeling the CGI for this flick.

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 10:15 PM
If Prime 1 could keep these under 1k each, I would definitely consider getting them all. If they are much more than that, I'd stick to my favorite which would be this guy.

Vracula
07-27-2014, 10:21 PM

I don't have a problem with Bay most of the time but the director Jonathan Liebesman has done some preety lackluster stuff, He does know how to compile a cool action scene though which is a lot like Bay.I wouldn't be surprised if he actually rip's off Bay to be honest a Lot of Hollywood directors do,even the good ones.

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 10:24 PM
I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it turns out. It's impossible to decide based only on trailers. It seems like they are getting the personalities which is a plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azOYvQ5VX8g

Vracula
07-27-2014, 10:28 PM
I guess we'll all just have to wait and see how it turns out. It's impossible to decide based only on trailers. It seems like they are getting the personalities which is a plus.

I am all for the ride!!:buttrock: I loved the old movies too and the cartoon's.

Wonder how many kids got into Karate because of TMNT.Tons I bet.I sure did.Totally sucked.

Atheris
07-27-2014, 10:33 PM

Trailer was awesome, Michelangelo is gonna be a joker in this. Can't wait to see it, I think this movie is gonna shock some people and the haters will quietly fade into the shadows.

Bring them on Prime 1

Chris

s_paulik87
07-27-2014, 10:33 PM
The bad thing about the new turtles are that they are cgi. Which means my childhood goal of becoming a tmnt will never be fullfilled. /sad. I was so close.

Atheris
07-27-2014, 10:37 PM
The bad thing about the new turtles are that they are cgi. Which means my childhood goal of becoming a tmnt will never be fullfilled. /sad. I was so close.

Have you tired rolling in radioactive goop? One of few possibilities could happen, you ether turn into the Hulk, Godzilla or a Turtle.

Worse case scenario you turn into this guy...

http://www.yellmagazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/robocop-toxic-guy.jpg

Chris

Shanesg
07-27-2014, 10:40 PM
I know that new song they have in the trailers is super cheese, but every time I here it, I'm whistling or humming it for the rest of the day.

Also I'd just like to add that it's no better or worse than "go ninja, go ninja, go!" :laugh:

RadicalThrasher
07-27-2014, 10:41 PM
Now that the pics are out all I want to know is how long before we see a price and a PO date?!

s_paulik87
07-27-2014, 10:44 PM
A prime1 shredder would be insane. .... just put all 4 turtles and shredder up for po at the same time plz. I do not want to wait 5 years to have all of these.

actionjackson83
07-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I would buy these if they were priced around $1k. Anything more and it's just not worth it for 1/4 scale unless they guarantee every statue in the edition is painted by a professional painter.

Atheris
07-27-2014, 10:57 PM
If these guys ever get the Marvel, DC or Predator license SS can just retire.

Chris

RadicalThrasher
07-27-2014, 11:05 PM
If these guys ever get the Marvel, DC or Predator license SS can just retire.

Chris

Hear that. That Raph looks so real and life like, I just want to poke him to see if he moves.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/1775339/pillsbury-doughboy-o.gif

ambasah
07-27-2014, 11:35 PM
not for me, but there is no denying these look fantastic! congrats to everyone lucky enough to get them.

Atheris
07-27-2014, 11:37 PM
Is it weird I like the song for this movie already? It's kinda catchy like "go ninja go ninja go" lol

http://youtu.be/mw4eR_KDgd0

Chris

SONICobra
07-28-2014, 12:04 AM
prime 1 is a force to be reckoned with, no interest for me but I am interested to see how much they put it up for. it doesn't seem to be a giant robot so if its under $800 they could be a serious contender for my $$$ with future smaller releases

I know its not a bay film but anyone down for a prime 1 dredd...? just sayin

SideShowJoe
07-28-2014, 12:11 AM
I know that new song they have in the trailers is super cheese, but every time I here it, I'm whistling or humming it for the rest of the day.

Also I'd just like to add that it's no better or worse than "go ninja, go ninja, go!" :laugh:

Hey Shane....don't be dissing my bouiii vanilla ice, he was the man when I was growing up and he had few good tunes hahha ! Yo if there is a problem yo I'll solve it, check out my hook while my dj revolves it! Ice....ice....baby.....too cold.....too cold! Word to your motha!

Sarah

dino76m
07-28-2014, 12:11 AM
i cant make it out if these guys are just fooling around - NSFW
http://www.theonion.com/video/comiccon-exclusive-michael-bay-gives-fans-sneak-pe,36528/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview%3AWeek1%3ADefault

The SHOGUN
07-28-2014, 12:24 AM
The movie took liberties in some areas with it's main premiss focusing on the outdated knowledge that humans only use 10% of their brains. This actually isn't true, humans already use 100% of their brains and less when we're at rest. The 10% thing is a myth. I've been reading a lot of people disliking the film are religious nuts, ironically like the statue in question can't let go of the past and don't like change or facts that conflicts with their belief system.

Chris

I'm sorry, we don't know a damn thing about the human brain

Similar to the ocean or even space. We've barely scratched the surface.

MrYac
07-28-2014, 12:26 AM
wait, what the hell do the ninja turtles have to do with religion?

Atheris
07-28-2014, 12:27 AM
http://www.theonion.com/video/comiccon-exclusive-michael-bay-gives-fans-sneak-pe,36528/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing&utm_campaign=LinkPreview%3AWeek1%3ADefault

:hilarious:

Chris

Atheris
07-28-2014, 12:31 AM
wait, what the hell do the ninja turtles have to do with religion?

Nothing, was talking about Lucy when we crossed schwartzes.

http://www.ladyofthecake.com/mel/space/images/schwartz2.jpg

Chris

MrYac
07-28-2014, 12:31 AM
haha, ah. was wondering why the turtles were using so much of their brains

Luminous
07-28-2014, 12:34 AM
Is it weird I like the song for this movie already? It's kinda catchy like "go ninja go ninja go" lol

http://youtu.be/mw4eR_KDgd0

Chris

You know, I was expecting a lot worse. I imagine its about as good as a song about ninja turtles will probably ever get. Not bad.

jedisword
07-28-2014, 02:20 AM

You're kidding right? Thats clearly a joke

turtlesforever
07-28-2014, 08:11 AM
This cannot be too expensive. They know people HAVE ATO GET these in a set and they see sideshow pricing on most PFS. Plus it's a worldwide well known license. A lot less detail than the transformers.

Atheris
07-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Starsscream is priced at $1700 soo..

Chris

Shanesg
07-28-2014, 09:55 AM
The transformers stuff seems much bigger and arguably much more intricate in design. Hopefully they plays and factor in pricing.

SideShowJoe
07-28-2014, 12:47 PM
One thing i don't like about the new turtles they are not that tall or are suppose to be that tall! There like 7 foot in this movie and they are suppose to be like 5-6 foot tops! And that song is ok but has nothing on vanilla ice! Go ninja go ninja go…goo…goooooo.gooooooooo!!!

Sarah

loricstone
07-28-2014, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry, we don't know a damn thing about the human brain

Similar to the ocean or even space. We've barely scratched the surface.

Sho' Nuff!! That's 100% fact. Humans already think they know every damn thing else.

The reality is, we don't hardly know crap about lots of stuff.

Awesome
07-28-2014, 02:01 PM
All I know about the brain is that it's encased in the skull I think or something like that.

El Diablo
07-28-2014, 02:56 PM
another pic, looks good

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d9/mefoetoes/f8a17c2df7dfe0a3916349e372d8b24b_zps0b7a125e.jpg

Shanesg
07-28-2014, 04:24 PM
That is a thing of beauty. I really don't think I could pass on this.

I'd be fine with a base like that if it kept the price down.

El Diablo
07-28-2014, 05:15 PM
found one more :)

http://imageshack.com/a/img633/5853/HsY94Q.jpg

Toaster
07-28-2014, 05:20 PM
YES. Day one PO for me!

MrYac
07-28-2014, 05:32 PM
hate the designs, but I will admit the sculpt is great for what they based it off

El Diablo
07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
it's amazing how much more you can like these designs when you see them in statue form even if you aren't a fan of how they look on screen, same with the prime 1 transformers.

Ricky Bobby
07-29-2014, 12:10 PM
Prime 1 says that these are indeed 1/4 scale,however the bases will be different from the one in the proto pic.Apparently they will be themed bases that each connect together.Now lets wait for the prices

El Diablo
07-29-2014, 01:03 PM
if these are 1:4 scale then I really don't see any reason why they should be priced much more than something like gladiator hulk. If they end up being over $1k then they are just being greedy

EDIT: my 6000th post deserves a penguin dance!

:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Atheris
07-29-2014, 01:59 PM
Pretty big.

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/atheris666/Mobile%20Uploads/93B7ADCE-0EAD-4B5A-8B12-4B8DBA2E2855_zpsrniwazro.jpg

Chris

PermaGrin
07-29-2014, 02:16 PM
A. Turtles are fairly large, they are not the little guys from back in the day.

B. Asian ladies are not the largest. :p

I think he looks pretty beast. Sad part is know that I would have to at least pay 5 times the price. 4 turtles + a shedder, maybe even a splinter....that is 6 times. :o

a2themonster
07-29-2014, 08:35 PM
i can't get over how great this looks,,,to those who bought other prime 1 stuff how does quality match up w the proto's?

built2shred
07-29-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm hoping like $500-$600 but I'm sure they will be around $1k :(

Mamba
07-29-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't know if I can just buy 1 or 2, for me this probably be either buy all 4 or nothing. Buy all 4 will require a lot of spaces, and expensive of course.

BarrelCannon
07-29-2014, 11:00 PM

Prime 1 and ECC are quickly becoming my favourite true museum quality statue companies. Don't care what the price is, I'll pay for quality everytime.

Chris

Well said Chris. The original designs looked silly too but a lot of us loved them as children. Some people just like to be stuck in the past I guess. Which is fine of course. But I love the new designs and this raph piece is amazing. Going to order it for sure too. It's going to be my first prime1 piece

Atheris
08-11-2014, 12:35 AM
Just saw this tonight, thought it was an awesome movie!

The fight scenes were insane!

Raph and Mikey are still my favs just like when I was a kid.

Can't wait for Prime 1 to make these, I'm buying them all!

Chris

greatwall
08-11-2014, 01:41 AM
Too cool to pass

Loops
08-11-2014, 07:58 AM
prime 1 is a force to be reckoned with, no interest for me but I am interested to see how much they put it up for. it doesn't seem to be a giant robot so if its under $800 they could be a serious contender for my $$$ with future smaller releases

I know its not a bay film but anyone down for a prime 1 dredd...? just sayin

I would be down for a Prime 1 Dredd, at the right price :)

TheHulk
08-11-2014, 12:55 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/box-office-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-delivers-65-94354262157.html

Woohoo! Sequel announced, Bebop and Rocksteady should be in the sequel.

El Diablo
08-11-2014, 01:28 PM
I would be down for a Prime 1 Dredd, at the right price :)

unfortunately the words 'prime 1' and 'the right price' don't sit comfortably togeather in the same sentence :thumbsdow

Doctor Doom
08-11-2014, 01:33 PM
Looks awesome

dino76m
08-11-2014, 02:23 PM
sigh, the only active thread in this forum for hours and its not even a Sideshow release.. XM is where all the action is ,lol

Dragoncurry
08-11-2014, 03:09 PM
sigh, the only active thread in this forum for hours and its not even a Sideshow release.. XM is where all the action is ,lol

What makes you think this is XM?

Shanesg
08-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I wish everyone would shut up about xm. Isn't there an xm section? What's the big deal anyways? I saw the cap... It looks ok at best. And aren't they about double the price of sideshows stuff?

kevin2323
08-11-2014, 03:44 PM
I wish everyone would shut up about xm. Isn't there an xm section? What's the big deal anyways? I saw the cap... It looks ok at best. And aren't they about double the price of sideshow stuff?

no

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 04:02 PM
Edit

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 04:05 PM
I wish everyone would shut up about xm. Isn't there an xm section? What's the big deal anyways? I saw the cap... It looks ok at best. And aren't they about double the price of sideshows stuff?

Yeah I agree the talk of xm in other forums is actually pretty disturbing.... I don't go over to Jerry's Collectibles at PCSTOYS and talking about xm or sideshow and vise versa but to each his own!

And yeah I agree the cap is nice but don't think it's amazing and yeah there close to twice the price of one of Sideshows products but you are guaranteed quality on every one of those mx pieces while it's pay and pray for sideshow lately! Only piece I was interested in was Magneto and apparently it sold out in just few minutes of being up online! Crazy and that's. $899.99 retail it will go easily for twice that down road...

Sarah

leplant
08-11-2014, 04:14 PM
I like XM a lot because they are producing Marvel in 1/4 scale, and Sideshow needs some competition. What I dont like is the price, and the message that their popularity at that price point sends. If Sideshow gets it in their mind that customers are ready for $800 quarter scale as long as the quality is good, rather than the quality should be great at $400, I wont be able to afford the hobby.

TheHulk
08-11-2014, 04:24 PM
I don't understand the XM appeal, IMO that cap looks mediocre at best and it has a very animated look to it, not my cup of tee. Reminds me of something Hasbro would produce.

Sathis
08-11-2014, 04:24 PM
The NEW HOTNESS is upon us, and we will hear about it for quite a while I assume. I'm happy none of it interests me cause I told myself I will not get into comic based statues Marvel/DC at all. The only exception is a truly amazing work of art based around one of those characters like Gladiator Hulk.

Prime 1 also makes beautiful stuff, and if they get something I like going it will be tough to resist, but luckily they have not made anything of interest to me.

I will do what everyone else does, and order my COTD line, and keep quiet with my subpar quality everyone talks about SS delivering. These are unique pieces, and they are the most interesting designs I have ever seen put to polystone so far.

I will not be able to collect at all if every statue that comes out is $800+ without shipping. I hope XM stays with there policys, cause it gives the people who have always wanted statues with ES, and Quality in mind something to go after.

Shanesg
08-11-2014, 04:39 PM
I like XM a lot because they are producing Marvel in 1/4 scale, and Sideshow needs some competition. What I dont like is the price, and the message that their popularity at that price point sends. If Sideshow gets it in their mind that customers are ready for $800 quarter scale as long as the quality is good, rather than the quality should be great at $400, I wont be able to afford the hobby.

The day I have to pay $800+ for a 1/4 scale statue is the day I get out of this hobby. Actually if it gets anywhere close to that I would be out. Unless I get a 200% raise at work, and that ain't happening.

loricstone
08-11-2014, 04:47 PM

You mean like Apocalypse after taxes and shipping= $700

Ohhhhh you mean like Predator 2 PF = $1300 after shipping and taxes.

Help me out...maybe I'm wrong.:confused:

loricstone
08-11-2014, 04:49 PM
The NEW HOTNESS is upon us, and we will hear about it for quite a while I assume. I'm happy none of it interests me cause I told myself I will not get into comic based statues Marvel/DC at all. The only exception is a truly amazing work of art based around one of those characters like Gladiator Hulk.

Prime 1 also makes beautiful stuff, and if they get something I like going it will be tough to resist, but luckily they have not made anything of interest to me.

I will do what everyone else does, and order my COTD line, and keep quiet with my subpar quality everyone talks about SS delivering. These are unique pieces, and they are the most interesting designs I have ever seen put to polystone so far.

I will not be able to collect at all if every statue that comes out is $800+ without shipping. I hope XM stays with there policys, cause it gives the people who have always wanted statues with ES, and Quality in mind something to go after.

Well I can assure you SS won't mess around with their own baby...that's for sure....they better not or I'll be a very sad puppy!!!!

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 05:04 PM
The day I have to pay $800+ for a 1/4 scale statue is the day I get out of this hobby. Actually if it gets anywhere close to that I would be out. Unless I get a 200% raise at work, and that ain't happening.

The day they charge $700-800+ for collectible on the norm i will be out too but if they charged those prices they would have to ensure that every one of their Sideshow pieces came out looking immaculate, every statue and we all know that will never happen unless they get an entire new quality control department.. Hahha

Going back to this thread though any of you seen the new turtle movie?? Heard it bombed BAD!! Yeah it made over 50-60 million opening week but only because of the name not because it was good… And i heard there will be a sequel, really disappointed if they ruin the turtles name because I've loved the old cartoons, the older turtle movies but hopefully this new modern look and feel doesnt ruin the franchise...

Sarah

Juggernaut
08-11-2014, 05:10 PM
I don't know if all these pics have been posted?

There is not alot of talk about the Prime 1 Shredder.

http://itakon.it/americane/prime-1-studio-raphael-ninja-turtles-e-drift-statue-prime-immagini.html

kevin2323
08-11-2014, 05:27 PM

http://itakon.it/americane/prime-1-studio-raphael-ninja-turtles-e-drift-statue-prime-immagini.html

That can't be shredder. Doesn't look like anything like the movie version

kevin2323
08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
I don't understand the XM appeal, IMO that cap looks mediocre at best and it has a very animated look to it, not my cup of tee. Reminds me of something Hasbro would produce.

I dont know why ppl keep bringing up cap. That isn't the statue xm fans are raving about lol. It's magneto

dino76m
08-11-2014, 05:33 PM

thats Drift from t4

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 05:33 PM

Great pictures and judging from pictures of the two ladies next to Raph these are big Turtles almost twice the size of Sideshows so looks to me like they will be twice the price! These will easily be $600-800 imo!

From those pictures you posted though there is no shredder in there from what you posted just Drift from Transformers...

Sarah

azurepred
08-11-2014, 06:58 PM

only one I'm interested in is Wolverine. There's easily tops all of Sideshows attempts at the tiger stripe version imo, which is the version I grew up with, so he may be the only one I'm willing to dish that cash out for, maybe a Spidey. 3 COH's, switch out hands, and hopefully great QC to boot, I don't mind spending that kind of cash on must have characters. Really wanted the LSF, but the XM is still better for the price imo. But yea, anyways, their Cap doesn't look like a $400 piece imo. SS has 2 Caps better than that.

DynamicMenace
08-11-2014, 07:31 PM
WOW, that Raph looks incredible. holy smokes!!!
man i hope these wont be 2k..:laugh:

That can't be shredder. Doesn't look like anything like the movie version

thats right thats not Shredder. its some sort of Autobot from the latest Transformers film. there is an autobot symbol on the front bottom of the base.

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 08:24 PM
only one I'm interested in is Wolverine. There's easily tops all of Sideshows attempts at the tiger stripe version imo, which is the version I grew up with, so he may be the only one I'm willing to dish that cash out for, maybe a Spidey. 3 COH's, switch out hands, and hopefully great QC to boot, I don't mind spending that kind of cash on must have characters. Really wanted the LSF, but the XM is still better for the price imo. But yea, anyways, their Cap doesn't look like a $400 piece imo. SS has 2 Caps better than that.

I agree with what your saying about the LSF though… I wanted to buy it to but after hearing all the horror stories and issues i can't drop that kind of money! Your right for $800 over $2,000 your defiantly going to get better wolverine with theirs over Sideshows so far….

Maybe in 10-15 years when i make enough money to buy those XM pieces i will think about it..

Sarah

kevin2323
08-11-2014, 08:30 PM
All I want is mikey. I don't care for the rest

DynamicMenace
08-11-2014, 08:32 PM
oh i would have to have them all.

but if i couldn't i would need Leo and Raph for sure.

SideShowJoe
08-11-2014, 08:42 PM
oh i would have to have them all.

but if i couldn't i would need Leo and Raph for sure.

Yeah Mike would actually be last for us…

As what we like from Favorite to least

1. Raph
2. Leo
3. Don
4. Mike

I just pray that these are around $600 tops but they look almost 1/3 scale BUT…the designs and turtles are MUCH taller and larger in this newer modern film so thats why i think they look as big as what they are. If they are 1/4th scale good chance these will be under $800!

But i have yet to see movie and if i don't really like movie not sure if i will invest in movie version turtles. Only reason i got Sideshows is because they are more reminiscent to what most of us grew up with!

Sarah

SONICobra
08-11-2014, 09:22 PM
im looking forward to seeing all 4 of these displayed together i bet thatll look sick

DynamicMenace
08-11-2014, 09:26 PM
oh yeah. most def

actionjackson83
08-11-2014, 10:38 PM
I hope they have Leo standing tall over the rest of the guys.

Toaster
08-11-2014, 10:46 PM
Great film! I just might have to pick up the maquettes :)

PureInvasion
08-11-2014, 11:23 PM

The best thing is that they've released what, 1 or 2 pieces that are in collectors hands. :laugh: wake me up when they're in the hundreds of products and let me know if their QC is still top notch. Right now, as nice as their pieces look, they're just a small drop in a large bucket

Snipper
08-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Please an April O'Neil statue

Juggernaut
08-12-2014, 06:44 AM
thats Drift from t4

I only noticed the clunky design and and it's a samurai so I thought it was Shredder.

Great pictures and judging from pictures of the two ladies next to Raph these are big Turtles almost twice the size of Sideshows so looks to me like they will be twice the price! These will easily be $600-800 imo!

From those pictures you posted though there is no shredder in there from what you posted just Drift from Transformers...

Sarah

Considering I can mistake Shredder for A Transformer, the new movie Shredder should not have been so clunky.

I think at least a 1000$ I think it will be closer to 1600$ though.

WOW, that Raph looks incredible. holy smokes!!!
man i hope these wont be 2k..:laugh:

thats right thats not Shredder. its some sort of Autobot from the latest Transformers film. there is an autobot symbol on the front bottom of the base.

I did not even notice the Autobot symbol. Either way the new Shredder design and the Tranformers movies designs are both very clunky.

The Raphael statue is realy cool.

derekrodneysim
08-12-2014, 09:41 AM
I never thought I would say this but I think I will be getting them all. :vortex:

Deedzy
08-12-2014, 11:35 AM
I haven't seen the movie yet and won't be able to until it's released here in Australia next month.

I know the film isn't getting great reviews and that won't stop me from watching it and making up my own mind but there is no denying Prime 1 did a great job on this guy.

OPTICS
08-12-2014, 12:03 PM
IDK about this... you can't just buy one Turtle. I guess it'll all depend on price.

Saw all that silver in the back and tried to see at what Shredder looked like, till I noticed both Decepticon logos....

Rainy
08-12-2014, 12:23 PM

lol so true , anyhow I don't have any issue with both of them XMS as of today are releasing amazing products and unmatched quality, low ES and prices little bit above close to Sideshow.

The heaters hate them for some reasons that I don't want to discuss, however having XMS or any other company like them benefit the collector since it will increase the computations, quality and reduce the prices.

leplant
08-12-2014, 04:06 PM

Is your point of view that Sideshow, and XM Studios prices are essentially the same?

loricstone
08-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Is your point of view that Sideshow, and XM Studios prices are essentially the same?

Just pointing out SS has 1/4 PFs that are expensive as well. Some even more expensive than that other company.

I dare not say its name for fear of being lynched in this thread.:richbamf:

built2shred
08-12-2014, 06:13 PM
lol so true , anyhow I don't have any issue with both of them XMS as of today are releasing amazing products and unmatched quality, low ES and prices little bit above close to Sideshow.

The heaters hate them for some reasons that I don't want to discuss, however having XMS or any other company like them benefit the collector since it will increase the computations, quality and reduce the prices.

I think your autocorrect went a little bonkers :)

Atheris
08-13-2014, 12:05 AM
For those of you that don't want to spend Prime 1 pricing on this statue, I offer you an alternative.

http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Turtles--Limited-Raphael-Collectible/dp/B00MENPF6U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407902232&sr=8-5&keywords=teenage+mutant+ninja+turtles+blu+ray

Chris

s_paulik87
08-13-2014, 12:11 AM
Has prime 1 announced anything on this line yet?

k-9
08-13-2014, 12:16 AM
For those of you that don't want to spend Prime 1 pricing on this statue, I offer you an alternative.

http://www.amazon.ca/Teenage-Turtles--Limited-Raphael-Collectible/dp/B00MENPF6U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1407902232&sr=8-5&keywords=teenage+mutant+ninja+turtles+blu+ray

Chris

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pTKpM%2BGeL._SL1500_.jpg

nice, 1/6 scale maybe?

BarrelCannon
08-13-2014, 12:31 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61pTKpM%2BGeL._SL1500_.jpg

nice, 1/6 scale maybe?

Nah, based on the pic next to bluray probably 1/7 or smaller

Vracula
08-13-2014, 03:10 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_bL8KKRRIU4

Turtles secret of the Ooze remade.

Mamba
08-13-2014, 08:08 AM
Pre-order: Oct14
Size: 22 inch
Price: TBA

http://i57.tinypic.com/scrms2.jpg

actionjackson83
08-13-2014, 09:12 AM
phew october's good I am jam packed on releases through September

PermaGrin
08-13-2014, 09:37 AM
For the blue ray version...do the plan on doing the other 3 turtles to match that...or will there only be Ralph?

As much as I would probably like to get all of the Prime 1 ones, I think I would rather put that $$$ toward trying to get the comiquette set.

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 09:39 AM
i saw the film yesterday. def an enjoyable fun family film. loved the design of the turtles and splinter. and Shredder looked incredible.

Pre-order: Oct14
Size: 22 inch
Price: TBA

http://i57.tinypic.com/scrms2.jpg

man i hope theses arent outrageously expensive because i would love to get the m all. thats if they plan on making them all that is. i hope they make Splinter and most def Shredder.

Hunterkingxxl
08-13-2014, 10:28 AM
I would like to know if all 4 are getting made. I'de hate to buy this and get stuck with 1 (although awesome) turtle...

Does this retail through the sideshow website?

Atheris
08-13-2014, 10:43 AM
Can't wait to PO this biatchhh.

I'm sure they will make the rest. Hell, they're making all the Tranformers.

Chris

loricstone
08-13-2014, 11:35 AM
Although I want to see the Turtles movie myself...and will probably go tonight, can anyone tell me why it is getting such poor reviews?

I don't see how it could be poor if you like Turtles.:nuts:

PermaGrin
08-13-2014, 12:51 PM
I assume after tonight, you will have your answer.

thx217
08-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Some cool pics here.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.782203805155744.1073741837.727456607297131&type=1
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/thx217/10521540_782203935155731_4596871179794303516_o_zps927edc5d.jpg~original (http://s66.photobucket.com/user/thx217/media/10521540_782203935155731_4596871179794303516_o_zps927edc5d.jpg.html)

SideShowJoe
08-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Although I want to see the Turtles movie myself...and will probably go tonight, can anyone tell me why it is getting such poor reviews?

I'm not wasting my money on it, heRd it was very bad from friends and friends of friends and they like turtles, hear it was just really poorly done and executed, will arnet I think is funny but apparently he wasn't at all in the movie probably due to them not giving him correct lines to say and Megan fox was just alright as always!

Meta score shows it all didn't do well at all as whole

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles

Sarah

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 12:59 PM

because the designs arent like the cartoon or the original film. and the back ground story is different. plus the different theme for the foot clan. and shredder is too mechanical.
at least that what im understanding.

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm not wasting my money on it, heRd it was very bad from friends and friends of friends and they like turtles, hear it was just really poorly done and executed, will arnet I think is funny but apparently he wasn't at all in the movie probably due to them not giving him correct lines to say and Megan fox was just alright as always!

Sarah

i saw the film and enjoyed it. so did my family.
i like the turtles. but i am not a diehard fanatic. so that may be why i enjoyed the film and the designs of the characters.
the film wasn't absolutely horrible. just barbecue someone else didn't like it, doesn't mean you wouldn't. and vice versa.
it was def an enjoyable film for the most part.

kevin2323
08-13-2014, 02:20 PM

Sarah

i tell this to everyone i know. DO NOT go by critics or w.e scores or reviews. everyone has different taste. if you liked the trailer and were thinking of watching, watch it. i dont know how many good comedies i missed watching in the theatre due to stupid reviews.

SideShowJoe
08-13-2014, 02:27 PM
i saw the film and enjoyed it. so did my family.
i like the turtles. but i am not a diehard fanatic. so that may be why i enjoyed the film and the designs of the characters.
the film wasn't absolutely horrible. just barbecue someone else didn't like it, doesn't mean you wouldn't. and vice versa.
it was def an enjoyable film for the most part.

Yeah but were poor right now and have to be selective on our movies as well as our statues, I'll rent it when it comes out! My husband wired and did all our electronics for our living room which is also our theatre room at the moment and sound and picture is almost as good as theaters if not better so ill just wait! Way too many bad reviews for us to drop $30 and food and drinks were looking at $50-75 after all said and done for mediocre film at best (from what I've heard) no thanks!

Sarah

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 02:41 PM
wasn't saying you had to go see it Sara, was just saying that dont always take what others say as truth or fact. see it for yourself and deiced. be your own person.
dont follow all the other lemmings of the cliff if you know what i mean. :thumbs2:

Shanesg
08-13-2014, 03:45 PM
So I guess Legacy effects are producing these? I'm not sure whats going on there. Either way, I'm getting all of these. The interlocking subway bases are a nice touch.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.782203805155744.1073741837.727456607297131&type=1

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 03:48 PM
KILLAH. i hope ill be able to afford to get them all as well.
and by the looks of it these look to be 1/4 scale and mixed media.. KILLAH :buttrock:

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 03:52 PM
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1613800_782203995155725_8432916368590816672_n.jpg?oh=84b65764909d8e866028c83b45f5b4d5&oe=54674EC1
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t1.0-9/10325147_782203971822394_5157176764915384570_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10521540_782203935155731_4596871179794303516_o.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t31.0-8/10535685_782203931822398_7107839954502633804_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10333548_782203868489071_5040525690062782462_o.jpg
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/997015_782203835155741_5833335242185484270_n.jpghttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10580968_782203821822409_361909083848123167_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10615540_782203831822408_7586051454738777255_n.jpg

man cant wait to see what Shredder looks like. and Splinter. hope they do him too.

azurepred
08-13-2014, 03:57 PM
was Shredder even bad ass in the movie? Damn, those turtles look great, and yea, would say they are 1/4 with matching bases. It would be hard to not get them all, can't just get one. Question is how overpriced are they going to be. They look about the same size as a King/Gladiator Hulk, but with their inflated prices, I bet it will be more than those.

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 04:10 PM
was Shredder even bad ass in the movie? Damn, those turtles look great, and yea, would say they are 1/4 with matching bases. It would be hard to not get them all, can't just get one. Question is how overpriced are they going to be. They look about the same size as a King/Gladiator Hulk, but with their inflated prices, I bet it will be more than those.
yes Shredder was a bad ass in the film. i would say just how much of a bad ass he was but i dont want to spoil it.

i dont think they are as big as the hulk PFs. probably a bit smaller. Raph might be almost as big though. hes huge bad ass of the bunch . but Don was tall too but thinner.

yeah thats what im wondering too is the price. with eh Legacy tag you know they will be somewhat costly.

Ricky Bobby
08-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Wow they look amazing,I love how Leo and Raph turned out,shredder looks insane,bases look very cool.I want them all.Thank you DM for posting pics

Atheris
08-13-2014, 04:43 PM
I would say be prepared to spend at least 4k for everything.

Chris

wanderlai
08-13-2014, 04:48 PM
So Prime1 and Legacy are both making the turtles?

SideShowJoe
08-13-2014, 05:12 PM

Ohhh i didnt even catch that thought it was same pictures i saw earlier! It will be neat to see the differences but they both look rather close to size/scale and paints and designs??

I would say be prepared to spend at least 4k for everything.

Chris

At least, i think i may just stick with my older ss turtles if thats the case with the prices!! I would love to be able to order them all too but i need to see the movie first if the movie is as awful as the reviews there is no way ill spend 4k on movie statues that wasn't good, same reason i didnt buy Prometheus statue…

But i love how they look though and really love that all the bases will almost attach and go together! Donny looks freaking bad ass and is that a iPad on his right leg?? Hahah Oh techy Donny, as of right now Mike would be last one i would buy! Raph, Leo, Don, then Mike!!

Sarah

Webb
08-13-2014, 05:12 PM

That's right,I'm getting read to buy all 4.

http://www.freshangleng.com/articleimg/46a73687-445d-468c-9d4b-8e983216e0f6.jpg

wanderlai
08-13-2014, 05:27 PM
You mean all 8?

Webb
08-13-2014, 05:33 PM
You mean all 8?

8 Turtles ?

SideShowJoe
08-13-2014, 05:39 PM
8 Turtles ?

Hhahaha :hilarious:

4 Legacy Turtles

&

4 Prime 1 Turtles

Sarah

Webb
08-13-2014, 05:40 PM
Hhahaha :hilarious:

4 Legacy Turtles

&

4 Prime 1 Turtles

Sarah

In that case 8k.:rolleyes:

azurepred
08-13-2014, 06:48 PM
I'm pretty sure Legacy is helping Prime make them, sculpts and paint master from Legacy.

Shanesg
08-13-2014, 06:49 PM
This is too confusing for me... Someone just put the damn things up for pre order already

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 07:19 PM
I need these. Ughhh. Movie was really good IMO

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 07:22 PM
I wonder if sideshow will do these too

Atheris
08-13-2014, 07:50 PM
I wonder if sideshow will do these too

Even if they did, which would you rather buy?....SS's or Prime 1?

I mean com'on.

Chris

Vracula
08-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Even if they did, which would you rather buy?....SS's or Primes 1?

I mean com'on.

Chris

Sideshows coz I cant afford prime 1

http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/myimages/2013/06/these_funny_animals_1060_15.jpg

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 08:35 PM
Even if they did, which would you rather buy?....SS's or Prime 1?

I mean com'on.

Chris

I couldn't answer that until I've seen both I mean how can you know for a fact which you would buy without seeing both.

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 08:36 PM
Sideshows coz I cant afford prime 1

http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/myimages/2013/06/these_funny_animals_1060_15.jpg

Hang in there V man. We don't know how much they are yet.

Vracula
08-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Hang in there V man. We don't know how much they are yet.

I hope so , I dont expect them to be 2k, but I hope they up the ES and Lower the price, that would be awesome.

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
Yeah. The movie was really fun IMO and I don't mind the designs either. It works IMO. Love these

DynamicMenace
08-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Yeah. The movie was really fun IMO and I don't mind the designs either. It works IMO. Love theseI need these. Ughhh. Movie was really good IMO

exactly.
same here. and i thought the film was good too regardless of what other are saying.

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm glad I didn't listen to the bad reviews. To each their own

s_paulik87
08-13-2014, 09:44 PM
Is everyone basing pricing of prime 1 off the transformer statues? Aren't those like......huuuuuuuge and super intricate? Seems unfair to assume based off those

loricstone
08-13-2014, 10:19 PM
I couldn't answer that until I've seen both I mean how can you know for a fact which you would buy without seeing both.

Prime1 because you can pretty much expect a highly competent QC job from them.

With SS...its hit and miss.

You get what you pay for....remember that.

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Again can't know for a fact.

SideShowJoe
08-13-2014, 10:41 PM
Is everyone basing pricing of prime 1 off the transformer statues? Aren't those like......huuuuuuuge and super intricate? Seems unfair to assume based off those

Well I'm being optimistic Pauli and hope their no more than $599 each but something tells me this will be close to $699-$799!! But if I enjoy the movie which I will see I'll think about getting them... And I agree with you earlier DM I need to see it before I really weigh what I think and don't listen to the reviews because rotten tomatoes and I disagree almost every time they are hypercritical over everything and usually kit the weird independent or weird films rate high on tomatoes!!

But I am digging the designs and bases and feel with these Collectibles! If you like turtles and the modern design I would say pick these up as they will go for more than retail once sold out, come on they are TURTLES!! And there isn't too many TMNT statues made !

Sarah

Luminous
08-13-2014, 10:53 PM
That Leonardo just looks so damn awesome.

Atheris
08-13-2014, 10:56 PM

I meant it more from a quality perspective. With SS you have less than a 50% chance you'll get what's advertised. With Prime 1 what you see is what you get.

Chris

boondocksaint
08-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Even factory paint ?

SONICobra
08-13-2014, 11:11 PM
well these all look pretty damn awesome, glad to see the clear resin bases were place holders. the new bases look sick, detail is insane, sculpt is superb - just wish it was a license I had interest in

congrats to all you turtle fans though, id be pickin up every one of them. seems they could very easily be the centerpiece of any collection

Max Shreck
08-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Yep, as I said before, these are the Legacy EFX concept maquettes and they look damn fine!

derekrodneysim
08-14-2014, 07:30 AM
SICK!!!! What I expected and then some! Look at all the detail. Love the trash effect. Totally transports you to a new york subway station.

I'm locked in for all these now. Gotta give credit where credit's due. And I vote with ma munny!

SONICobra
08-14-2014, 11:05 AM
my guess is these things are going to be around $1200 each, that's a spicy meatball

k-9
08-14-2014, 11:09 AM
don't know anything about prime1 but legacy effect I do and their turtles frackin rock:cool:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-4iPfN4QlzIM/Uuk8q6EZwFI/AAAAAAAAFF0/ks59hA30o_k/s1600/donnynew.jpg

they appear to be a good size:dork:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8OCQxjI2Jhg/Uuk8rlKxqLI/AAAAAAAAFGE/c8jiByU0WVM/s1600/tmntnew.jpg

candyrocket786
08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
I meant it more from a quality perspective. With SS you have less than a 50% chance you'll get what's advertised. With Prime 1 what you see is what you get.

Chris

I wasn't impressed by the paint app on Megs when I saw him on display at Universal. Seemed no different than what we see with SSC.

loricstone
08-14-2014, 11:11 AM
That's ludicrous. There is no way on this planet these Turtles should cost anywhere over $599.

If the Legacy Iron Man statues from SS are around $450....these should be the same.

Max Shreck
08-14-2014, 12:14 PM
That's ludicrous. There is no way on this planet these Turtles should cost anywhere over $599.

If the Legacy Iron Man statues from SS are around $450....these should be the same.

:goodpost: Even though I suspect they will be more than $599 they SHOULD not be over than $900. Especially considering you would want to have all 4 haracters!

jaguargod
08-14-2014, 12:15 PM

Ludicrous is the name of the game. How else do you explain the 1/4 P2 maquette costing $800 more than the 1/4 Machiko PF or $400 more than the Sauron PF? They charge more for items that they believe people will be willing to pay more for.

jye318
08-14-2014, 01:28 PM
It's from prime 1, it must be expensive, maybe that will be the reason I won't buy this.

boondocksaint
08-14-2014, 01:53 PM
price damn you prime1 !!!! lol

Dreamland
08-14-2014, 02:31 PM
It sucks being a completionist!:bawling:

Id have to get all 4 turtles and Shredder!
$4000-$5000.00 probably for the set.:jawd:

If I could get all of them for maybe 2-3 grand I would probably swing it...:confused2

samhain81
08-14-2014, 02:46 PM
For those of you on a budget, it looks like the Special Edition Blu ray will be coming with a replica of this exact same statue (abit wierd no?), but 7inches tall. I must say, if its comes anywhere near the quality of the picture, I may very well jump on this thing instead :D

http://www.superherohype.com/assets/uploads/2014/08/turtles-1.jpg

loricstone
08-14-2014, 02:54 PM
Ludicrous is the name of the game. How else do you explain the 1/4 P2 maquette costing $800 more than the 1/4 Machiko PF or $400 more than the Sauron PF? They charge more for items that they believe people will be willing to pay more for.

I can't brother.

azurepred
08-14-2014, 03:55 PM
If these are over $600 a piece, prolly will have to pass on them all. No point in just getting one

SideShowJoe
08-14-2014, 04:29 PM
If these are over $600 a piece, prolly will have to pass on them all. No point in just getting one

Yeah agreed, gotta have all of them if your going to do any of these! And i will say as i said earlier pages back that i think these will be $599 each at the very lowest! Trust me, i wish they were $399-499 but there is no way in hell they will be… These are really growing on me day by day just have the images of original sideshow and animated turtles in my head but the detail on these over the older collectibles is night and day...

And the detail on these is insane, did you guys see Donnie has his iPad on his right leg and did you see Leo? He has what looks like football shoulder pads and forearm pads that say Nike on them with the swoosh really creative and great designs and just can't get over the detail….Also way to go LEGACY and making the bases all match so you can line up all the turtles together which i will be doing if we get these…

Check out what i was talking about right below.. Click on top of the picture to make it bigger so you can see what i was talking about….

Techy Donnie with his iPad !

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/997015_782203835155741_5833335242185484270_n.jpg

Bad ass Leo with his Nike Pads… LOVE IT!! :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10333548_782203868489071_5040525690062782462_o.jpg

Luminous
08-14-2014, 04:33 PM

I disagree. Getting one that can represent the Turtles in general would still look amazing. It's when you decide you need two that it becomes a problem. You really can't get a pair without getting all four.

Luminous
08-14-2014, 10:38 PM
It looks like pre-orders will start in October.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/10519725_753025958077382_6171681938944446040_o.jpg

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10548085_753024258077552_1333217787322667565_o.jpg

SONICobra
08-14-2014, 10:48 PM
I disagree. Getting one that can represent the Turtles in general would still look amazing. It's when you decide you need two that it becomes a problem. You really can't get a pair without getting all four.

i think its different from collector to collector, id find it odd to have one turtle standing out like a sore thumb in a collection. but with two at least they each have a companion piece.

when I was debating getting into the cotd line I was trying to decide on at least 2-3 pieces I would want to pick up because just one would look strange in my collection

but again if anyone from ssc or prime 1 is reading this - I WILL PROUDLY BUY AND DISPLAY A DREDD PF STAND ALONE PIECE INSTANTLY :thumbs2:

rabid_wolf
08-15-2014, 12:11 AM
Im an old school TMNT fan but these are really growing on me. Im a little disappointed though that Donny is the weakest looking turtles.

Vader
08-15-2014, 07:01 AM
are they the same as the legacy effects maquettes?

EnShinNoi
08-15-2014, 07:21 AM
I haven't seen the movie and no plans to until it hits shelves but these look awesome.

SideShowJoe
08-16-2014, 12:50 AM

No they look different but I couldn't name all the differences but a far as portraits I like legacy better and will probably buy there's over primes don't like the no lip on primes turtles!!

Sarah

SideShowJoe
08-16-2014, 12:54 AM
I haven't seen the movie and no plans to until it hits shelves but these look awesome.

Agreed I needs to see film too before I decide sounds like we have little time!!

Sarah

SideShowJoe
08-16-2014, 12:55 AM

No they look different but I couldn't name all the differences but a far as portraits I like legacy better and will probably buy there's over primes don't like the no lip on primes turtles!! Is look at portrait for legacys looks much more bad ass in my opinion look how's he's holding that tooth pick in his mouth...Raph your straight up OG Gangsta !! :buttrock:

Edit: Also, Legacy EFX cloth and bandages look much more realistic and IMO is better use of mixed media, but which may warrant higher price tag!! Will have to see hopefully both companies are affordable! Fingers crossed!!

Here is little side by side so you guys can see the differences between the two companies!!

Legacy Effects - Raph

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1613800_782203995155725_8432916368590816672_n.jpg?oh=84b65764909d8e866028c83b45f5b4d5&oe=54674EC1

Prime 1 - Raph

https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/t31.0-8/10548085_753024258077552_1333217787322667565_o.jpg

Sarah

derekrodneysim
08-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Looks the same to me.

derekrodneysim
08-16-2014, 01:05 AM
On second thought, you're right, Sarah. The toothpick's missing, the sneer's different, and the choice of mixed media's different. But the pose is almost identical. I'm just guessing. But aren't Legacy collaborating with Prime 1 so they should be the same?

SideShowJoe
08-16-2014, 01:29 AM
On second thought, you're right, Sarah. The toothpick's missing, the sneer's different, and the choice of mixed media's different. But the pose is almost identical. I'm just guessing. But aren't Legacy collaborating with Prime 1 so they should be the same?

The same?? What you smoking I want some ;). Ohh wait you did notice some differences too! Yeah it's very close but use of mixed media looks better in Legacys IMO and there are just little subtle changes on each of them...

Leo has football shoulder and forearm pads that say nike on them and have swoosh very very cool and detailed!

Sarah

Nextlevel99
08-16-2014, 01:30 AM
Portrait are same just Legacy one the lips are not paint.

like JediSword said:
The Legacy Effect versions are probably 'money is no concern' 1-offs for the production. So real cloth and leather and a cute little toothpick! The Prime1 version looks to be the same sculpt, just made into a 'at home' version. So sculpted arm wraps, belts...

Forgot to mention i asked them regarding the toothpick... they will also include it for the full reveal

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/908/ciPIjN.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/p8ciPIjNj)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/539/r0ViC5.jpg (https://imageshack.com/i/ezr0ViC5j)

azurepred
08-16-2014, 01:51 AM
So it all looks sculpted then. If there is no mixed media, should drop the price a bit.

GenoToys
08-16-2014, 02:06 AM
Prime1 sculpted these based on the models that Legacy used for the movie...They were sculpted by Rafael grassetti and his team...Grassetti is a beast! Love his work!

derekrodneysim
08-16-2014, 03:41 AM
You can say that again.

Vracula
08-16-2014, 04:02 AM
You can say that again.

Prime1 sculpted these based on the models that Legacy used for the movie...They were sculpted by Rafael grassetti and his team...Grassetti is a beast! Love his work!

GenoToys
08-16-2014, 04:05 AM
Vracula beat me too it....

ambasah
08-16-2014, 05:24 AM
these look spectacular. But, it is a huge investment as I would need all 4 and am not a big turtles fan...

Any word on whether there will be exclusive versions?

SKORPIO888
08-16-2014, 06:50 AM
Don't think there going to be exclusives on these. If they exceed the $600 fraction, its an easy pass for me. Need to consider there is shipping and taxes to Europe on these...way out of my league and don't think they worth spending so much money

Spazzy
08-16-2014, 02:46 PM
They look really amazing kinda hope I dislike the movie, at least to the point where I don't need these, I can't just get one

Mamba
08-17-2014, 08:57 AM
4 or 0 on this.

I wonder how soon they release one after the other? Raphael will be up in Oct, will the next one be up for PO soon after that?

Hoping the price won't be more than $599 a piece. My other issue is a space, these 4 will require 4 cubes of my besta :doh!:

PermaGrin
08-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Depending on what they come out to, might be cheaper (and better) for some of us to just go and hunt down the comiquette set.

Atheris
08-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Don't think there going to be exclusives on these. If they exceed the $600 fraction, its an easy pass for me. Need to consider there is shipping and taxes to Europe on these...way out of my league and don't think they worth spending so much money

If these are expensive they will have EX's, it's the only way they can incent people to order outside of just the "cool" factor.

Chris

Thor57
10-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Late to this thread.

Movie was garbage, but that wasnt the turtles fault. It was the scripts and acting from some of the human actors not CGI'd. The turtles design doesnt bother me. It did at first, but it grows on you very quickly. And the characterization for each was spot on. It was like I was in the 80's again when hearing them interact with each other. That is enough for me to lay down and get all 4, assuming the price is fair.

DynamicMenace
10-10-2014, 09:59 AM
yeah i love the design, and i too hope the price is fair. which im thinking it should be better price for they arent Transformers. not a bazillion intricate parts to increase the price.
so hopefully that will keep these at a decent price range so all 4 can be acquired. and i so hope they make Splinter and Shredder.

Thor57
10-10-2014, 10:18 AM
Yeah, its all 4 or 0 for me. If I can get all 4 for under $3500, I'm probably game. Especially if SS does them and I can flexpay.

I dont need Splinter or Shredder. I really didnt care for their designs at all. The Turtles looked great though. I was sure going in that the sunglasses and beads and hoodies and ipads and fake armor would turn me off, but it had some sort of charm to it. I suppose it was endearing to see them using whatever they could get ahold of to try and function like a normal being would.

DynamicMenace
10-10-2014, 11:14 AM
oh i loved Shredder's design along with Splinters as well. they were all very well done and thought out i thought.

and yeah, considering they lived in the sewers they had to make due with what they could find. another reason why i loved the design.

im hoping that these will be around 500 600 apiece. but im sure they wont be..:laugh:

DynamicMenace
10-28-2014, 09:31 AM
so has this gone up for PO yet?

Shanesg
10-28-2014, 09:54 AM
Don't think so. I'm glad it hasn't, because after seeing the mediocre movie and letting my excitement die off, I'm over these. Before I saw the movie I was ready to buy all 4. Dodged a bullet there. Lol

PureInvasion
10-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Don't think so. I'm glad it hasn't, because after seeing the mediocre movie and letting my excitement die off, I'm over these. Before I saw the movie I was ready to buy all 4. Dodged a bullet there. Lol

:iagree:

Very cool design for the Turtles, but the movie was trash. I've also cooled on them. Maybe I'll care again if they're released at a decent price though knowing Prime 1, that won't be happening.

dr.banner
10-28-2014, 10:05 AM

:iagree::iagree:

Adam_Warlock
10-28-2014, 11:03 AM
Agreed! 2 months ago I was gonna buy all 4. Not even a big fan just though they would look cool together. Now I dont care to have them at all.

Toaster
10-28-2014, 01:07 PM
I actually enjoyed the movie quite a bit; it was WAY better than the initial trailer let on. Granted, it wasn't as good as the original 1990 movie, but I felt it captured quite a bit of the TMNT essence.

The waning interest might work out for someone like myself who would like to purchase these - perhaps the price point will be lower than what they originally planned...

Doctor Doom
10-28-2014, 01:32 PM

:iagree::iagree::goodpost::iagree::iagree:

ryuhayabusa6787
12-08-2014, 01:33 AM
what do you guys think about the goodsmile statue version of the turtles? i think it looks pretty good.

DynamicMenace
12-08-2014, 01:38 AM
they look cool. i like them.

Darkhumor
12-08-2014, 09:42 PM
They look cool. But theyre pvc. No need for em.