PDA

View Full Version : XM Studios Inevitable Spider-Man Line

Pages : [1] 2

KELPIE
08-11-2014, 10:24 PM
At this point in time XM Studios does not have the ability to do characters from the Spider-Man franchise.

However they have stated that they are working on it and have hinted that their may be some positive news on the horizon. They also now have Erick Sosa on board.

With that in mind, XM Studios + Erick + Spider-Man = Heaven!

So assuming the above actually takes place, what would you like to see in a Spider-Man line?

Personally I'd like to see really dynamic poses for all and a true rogues gallery, not just your standard Symbiote's and Sinister Six but a lot of the extra characters that make Spider-Mans world as expansive as it is. The same goes for his allies.

What are your thoughts and requests?

Bobfrog
08-11-2014, 10:52 PM
I dunno, as good as Erick is we've already seen his take on Spidey so I'd like to see a fresh take if possible. I'm sure he can give some fantastic input into the design though.

as mentioned in another thread Doc Ock would be my number one spidey villain for sure - I just think he could have such a dramatic pose especially if they make the spidey piece a companion with him trying to weave through a tangle of metal arms.

Spiderman 2099 would be nice in a dynamic pose as well. XM could really make him look awesome.

AlizAbef
08-11-2014, 11:35 PM
I'm sure everyone would want the usual Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage combo. I'd want it too, but I'd also say to give that combo a rest and go with Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, and Sandman for starters. A really cool add could be Punisher since he technically did make his first appearance in a Spider-Man comic.

To be honest, I'd love to see your take on Punisher.

Bmutha
08-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Spider-Man, black suit Spider-Man, Green Goblin, and Doc Ock are priorities for me.

Mysterio is in the next tier down...would probably buy him. A classic McFarlane style Venom would also likely be a buy.

Spidey976
08-11-2014, 11:52 PM
Well just tonight XM trashed that Sosa and they would be giving the fans a Spidey (though it was miss spelled) so I can really see it coming. I would love to see a Spiderman midswing, but a little more open in pose than the koto. As for Villians well Otto, Gobli, and Mysterious would be pretty damn awesome, as would the symbiotes.

loricstone
08-12-2014, 01:11 AM
I am more interested in the Spidey Rogues and Villains than Spidey himself.

My most wanted Spidey villains are:

1) Doctor Octopus
2) Rhino (SS did an awesome Rhino...but I sold mine)
3) Mysterio
4) Elektro (Classic look)
5) Sandman
6) Lizard
7) Kraven
8) Shocker
9) Scorpion
10) Beetle

I am not the biggest Spiderman fan...but I think he has the best villain gallery out of ALL COMIC CHARACTERS.

I don't even think BATMAN's line of VILLAINs can touch Spiderman's baddies.

SONICobra
08-12-2014, 01:32 AM

youre nuts bro lol jk... but seriously batman rogues ftw :flash:

Hellboy
08-12-2014, 01:53 AM

:nuts:

Viper2005
08-12-2014, 02:14 AM

Yeah Catwoman's got nothin on Black cat! :laugh:

majestic1
08-12-2014, 04:36 AM
Doc Ock
Hobgoblin
Lizard

equi-nox76
08-12-2014, 04:42 AM
OMG XM Studios is gonna make me broke if those would turn out as well done as their other statues....

risingstar
08-12-2014, 06:57 AM

1) Doctor Octopus
3) Mysterio
5) Sandman
6) Lizard
7) Kraven
8) Shocker
9) Scorpion
10) Beetle

At XM prices, that list could cost 7k or more...
Goodness, this hobby has soared in prices over the years.

Lawnknome
08-12-2014, 07:12 AM
Shocker doesnt get enough love. He literally has not been produced by anyone. How about we get him in a statue.

acme1982
08-12-2014, 07:31 AM
http://i57.tinypic.com/15x9xj9.jpg

Rainy
08-12-2014, 01:24 PM

:peoples: opinion opinion can not say anything else :slapf:

Sharkey
08-12-2014, 06:38 PM
Omfg my money just keeps bouncing off my screen! Why is it not being taken?!

Also a 2099 would be amazing if they could do some sweet holographic like paint to it to mimic that first issue cover.

Bullseye
08-12-2014, 06:44 PM
The best rogue gallery out there. I'd love to see some 1/4 pieces of characters not already produced by SS. It would mean completing theine quicker.

KELPIE
08-12-2014, 07:58 PM
I'm sure everyone would want the usual Spider-Man/Venom/Carnage combo. I'd want it too, but I'd also say to give that combo a rest and go with Doctor Octopus, Green Goblin, and Sandman for starters.<snip>

Agreed, I'd love that Combo + Scream (the female Symbiote) however...

The best rogue gallery out there. I'd love to see some 1/4 pieces of characters not already produced by SS. It would mean completing theine quicker.

I really want to see some of his other rogue's get out there.

Shocker and Beetle are at the top of my list, a Hydroman that pairs up with Sandman would be cool. The Lizard, Morbius, Scorpion... Doppelganger, So many.

Allies well, Silver Sable, Night Watch (yes seriously and why does the word filter kick in if it's one word?), Prowler, Puma, would Firestar and Cloak and Dagger count?

Yeah... plenty of unrealised (so far) wants in the Spider-Man franchise.

However, I guess if we could have lots of dynamic poses in the line to match the fluid nature of the comic and it's action scenes, that would be amazing... pun not intended.

ZKULPTOR
08-18-2014, 04:57 PM
OMG XM Studios is gonna make me broke if those would turn out as well done as their other statues....
You have noooo idea how broke you are going to goo lol.

Sharkey
08-18-2014, 05:02 PM

Hahaha, yep.

Also, we need a Superior Spiderman and Scarlet Spider statues, possibly a diorama of them duking it out like in the comic.

Doctor Doom
08-18-2014, 05:11 PM
I am more interested in the Spidey Rogues and Villains than Spidey himself.

1) Doctor Octopus
3) Mysterio
5) Sandman
6) Lizard
7) Kraven
8) Shocker
9) Scorpion
10) Beetle

I am not the biggest Spiderman fan...but I think he has the best villain gallery out of ALL COMIC CHARACTERS.

Agreed, except I would easily bump Doc Ock for HOBGOBLIN!: :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

ZKULPTOR
08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Agreed, except I would easily bump Doc Ock for HOBGOBLIN!: :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:
Aw yiiss!

Jack's Username
08-18-2014, 05:35 PM
For the love of god, an original McFarlane Venom design. Drop the tongue and slobber and all of the ridiculousness.

Oh, and a classic Green Goblin interpretation.

Bmutha
08-18-2014, 05:40 PM
For the love of god, an original McFarlane Venom design. Drop the tongue and slobber and all of the ridiculousness.

Oh, and a classic Green Goblin interpretation.

Best post I have read all day. Could not agree more on both counts.

KELPIE
08-18-2014, 05:55 PM

I always preferred a Bagley Venom, however agree on toning down the tongue and slobber.

SideShowJoe
08-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Aw yiiss!

I never looked at your signature info but just looked at your forum name after looking at XM-Studios website and reading the great news of you helping them out and being the art director? Thats great news, congratulations and I'm very happy for you Erick and wish you and XM the best of luck with all your future endeavorers!!

Really excited to see what you bring to the table in the soon and near future! :buttrock:

And nice to meet you Mr. Sosa love your work and your going to be a great help and addition to this new and upcoming company keep up the great work!

Sarah

azurepred
08-18-2014, 08:10 PM
I always preferred a Bagley Venom, however agree on toning down the tongue and slobber.

no reason why we can't have both, easy solution is COH. And Spidey easily has the best villains out there, easily :wink2:. Just a shame most of the movies have done such a horrible job portraying them compared to almost every other superhero.

Khufu
08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I'd love to have a full rogues gallery from XM, but there is no way I can justify the thousands of dollars it would cost. Personally, I'd probably only get 1 or 2. So, it would probably be the biggest of the baddies - Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Kingpin or Venom.

loricstone
08-18-2014, 10:12 PM
no reason why we can't have both, easy solution is COH. And Spidey easily has the best villains out there, easily :wink2:. Just a shame most of the movies have done such a horrible job portraying them compared to almost every other superhero.

COH see how easy that was? Great call azure!

Spidey villains = Villain Overload Central.:itsb::penguin:

Doctor Doom
08-19-2014, 12:06 AM
CONGRATS ERICK! Can't wait to see more of your direction with these lines! :thumbs2:

PS: If you do an XM Doom....I'll buy ten of them! :buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

KayOrzz
08-19-2014, 12:20 AM

:battherapy: time to go rob a bank :psycho:

Matches Malone
08-19-2014, 12:41 AM
Aw yiiss!

The Neo avatar is back! Nice E!

acme1982
08-19-2014, 03:56 AM
Doc Oc! :smokin:

GrumpyBear
08-19-2014, 04:01 AM

I don´t need much, just a room and something to sleep on. BTW.... after i sell anything for XM stuff.....where do you live? :laugh:

equi-nox76
08-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Venom is my most wanted one.

One of these poses:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-qfWyHAkS-LU/UwsIp-T5pHI/AAAAAAAACOI/Kkt8zY5uLdc/s1600/venomweb.jpg

http://x.annihil.us/u/prod/marvel/i/mg/9/20/4d35a09d7b0d6/background.jpg

And no tongue involved please.

BTW a strict classic McFarlane look would be cool too.

equi-nox76
08-20-2014, 04:37 AM
:battherapy: time to go rob a bank :psycho:

I am seriously considering to do lol

ZKULPTOR
08-20-2014, 04:40 AM
I never looked at your signature info but just looked at your forum name after looking at XM-Studios website and reading the great news of you helping them out and being the art director? Thats great news, congratulations and I'm very happy for you Erick and wish you and XM the best of luck with all your future endeavorers!!

Really excited to see what you bring to the table in the soon and near future! :buttrock:

And nice to meet you Mr. Sosa love your work and your going to be a great help and addition to this new and upcoming company keep up the great work!

Sarah
Thank you Sarah,
That's mighty kind of you!
I am meeting with the guys from XM in two weeks or so in Singapore, we'll be planning some cool stuff :)
Thank you again!

ZKULPTOR
08-20-2014, 04:40 AM
The Neo avatar is back! Nice E!

;)

Hellsbells51
08-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Please give us something different from all the other companies out there and produce this iconic upside down pose Deodato style:

http://www.fumettando.it/edicola/copertina/uomo_ragno_502.jpg

This is something I would pay XM retail prices for because it would be justified. Its different, creative, iconic and would look great when displayed.

Hellboy
08-30-2014, 12:57 PM
Gotta say, that would look pretty amazing.

Spidey976
08-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Please give us something different from all the other companies out there and produce this iconic upside down pose Deodato style:

This is something I would pay XM retail prices for because it would be justified. Its different, creative, iconic and would look great when displayed.

Gotta say, that would look pretty amazing.

It would, BUT it is still just him sticking to a wall, which is what EVERYONE does. Erik Sosa is the ONLY guy to really tackle a dynamic swinging pose. I think almost everyone agrees if his Spiderman Unleashed was 1/4 it would be the definitive Spiderman statue. So I say let him at it.

Apetina
08-30-2014, 01:38 PM

I don't think that it could be a good pose for a statue... I mean, I know that's Spiderman, but that pose is for a draw or an action figure...

I don't want to break my neck in order to see it properly (face and all up). It could be nice for a 5 minutes look, but I would be bother if it's like that always.. I don't know if you understand what I pretend to say. :drinking:

Mammal
08-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Might be nice if you could cleverly find a way to have that pose be reversible, so you could either display him hanging upside down or crouching on top of something.

built2shred
08-30-2014, 01:55 PM
Just make it so the statue can mount to the ceiling :)

photocit09
08-30-2014, 02:21 PM
So does XM Studios has the license to produce statues from the Spider-man line?

Hellsbells51
08-30-2014, 08:28 PM
Might be nice if you could cleverly find a way to have that pose be reversible, so you could either display him hanging upside down or crouching on top of something.

This was my other thought. It could be reversed to display on a rooftop piece or something. There would have to be a change of head option though as well. It could flip to something like this so it can be displayed crouched on a rooftop or upside down (not in these poses though):

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--r3tcfe_y--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/17v9d80fcuhf4jpg.jpg

Hellsbells51
08-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Right side up it could look similar to this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wzBZSDEuqzo/hqdefault.jpg

mistermark
09-02-2014, 04:03 PM
I don't think that it could be a good pose for a statue... I mean, I know that's Spiderman, but that pose is for a draw or an action figure...

I don't want to break my neck in order to see it properly (face and all up). It could be nice for a 5 minutes look, but I would be bother if it's like that always.. I don't know if you understand what I pretend to say. :drinking:

I am sorry but that is a TERRIBLE pose for a statue, no ffense to you just IMO but how dull. He is Spider-man, he needs an incredible action pose. This needs to top the 2010 Sideshow Comiquette. I think XM knows what they're doing but of course everyone's opinion is welcome. A dull pose would kill this piece. They need a great pose for XM Spider-man with a great city backdrop and VIBRANT blue and red colors. The J Scott Campbell Sideshow com looks just OK but the dull colors they used on it are just awful imo.

rhy
09-03-2014, 06:40 AM
I can't wait to see what XM does w/ Venom
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5579/14940230978_dc9039f78b.jpg

nbr3bagshotrow
09-03-2014, 06:35 PM

I am sorry but that is a TERRIBLE pose for a statue, no ffense to you just IMO but how dull. He is Spider-man, he needs an incredible action pose. This needs to top the 2010 Sideshow Comiquette. I think XM knows what they're doing but of course everyone's opinion is welcome. A dull pose would kill this piece. They need a great pose for XM Spider-man with a great city backdrop and VIBRANT blue and red colors. The J Scott Campbell Sideshow com looks just OK but the dull colors they used on it are just awful imo.

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=142402

Last truism. :dork:

azurepred
09-04-2014, 12:02 AM
Right side up it could look similar to this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/wzBZSDEuqzo/hqdefault.jpg

a lot of people complained the original SS Spidey pf looks like he's taking a dump, this pose is much worse than that one in that regard.

Hellboy
09-04-2014, 12:40 AM
a lot of people complained the original SS Spidey pf looks like he's taking a dump, this pose is much worse than that one in that regard.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Hellboy1138/Animated%20gifs/leaving.gif

Hellsbells51
09-04-2014, 01:10 AM

Would you prefer he cross his arms then...:rolleyes2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4d/Pedestal-squat-toilet.jpg

Hellsbells51
09-04-2014, 01:20 AM

Just throwing out ideas. I would love to see a great action pose and I do trust XM and Erick to deliver greatness! While my idea isn't "ground breaking"...I think it would be different and interesting. Erick produced a dynamic sculpt with his Koto piece and I'm sure he will help XM do the same.

BTW, "no disrespect", but I find your post lame....:p

loricstone
09-04-2014, 01:22 AM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i26/Hellboy1138/Animated%20gifs/leaving.gif

:hilarious:

acme1982
09-04-2014, 03:26 AM
Just throwing out ideas. I would love to see a great action pose and I do trust XM and Erick to deliver greatness! While my idea isn't "ground breaking"...I think it would be different and interesting. Erick produced a dynamic sculpt with his Koto piece and I'm sure he will help XM do the same.

BTW, "no disrespect", but I find your post lame....:p

:iagree:

TheYoungWolf
09-04-2014, 05:05 AM

Him having to be in an "incredible action pose" and you wanting him to be in an "incredible action pose" aren't the same thing. He doesn't have to be doing anything. Hellsbells51's suggestion is just as valid as any other.

Speaking for myself, I've been dying for a nice statue of Spidey crouched over/hanging in a similar fashion to those images. Is it as explosive and exciting as him swinging through the city? Not really, but I don't know why it should have to be. Different strokes for different folks. No reason to shoot down every idea that doesn't adhere to your definition of the word great.

mistermark
09-04-2014, 05:17 AM
Him having to be in an "incredible action pose" and you wanting him to be in an "incredible action pose" aren't the same thing. He doesn't have to be doing anything. Hellsbells51's suggestion is just as valid as any other.

Speaking for myself, I've been dying for a nice statue of Spidey crouched over/hanging in a similar fashion to those images. Is it as explosive and exciting as him swinging through the city? Not really, but I don't know why it should have to be. Different strokes for different folks. No reason to shoot down every idea that doesn't adhere to your definition of the word great.

Right, which is why I said "of course everyone's opinion is welcome and no offense to anyone" so that really isn't shooting down an opinion. Once again, I believe Spidey "Crouching" would be just about the most dull and lazy sculpt anyone could imagine. He is a fluid character meant to move. There are a million other comic book characters that could be done in a crouching pose instead. XM will ultimately decide what looks best of course, and I have full faith in their decisions as artists. I just hope the XM Spidey looks better than the Sideshow 2010 Spidey Comm.

mistermark
09-04-2014, 05:20 AM

I agree. This crouching pose that only two people on this forum want XM to do is just about the worst idea for a statue ever. :) :D

TheYoungWolf
09-04-2014, 05:41 PM
You seem to be under the impression that by putting one open-minded, opinion welcoming sentence in the middle of a post, you automatically have free reign to say just about anything you want to those exchanging their creative opinions. In this particular situation, that means regurgitating the same, "Your idea is horrible/the worst/dull/lazy, mine is superior, but no offense." response in varying passive aggressive formats. I fail to see how that type of conversation is enjoyable for anyone apart from yourself.

Right, which is why I said "of course everyone's opinion is welcome and no offense to anyone" so that really isn't shooting down an opinion. Once again, I believe Spidey "Crouching" would be just about the most dull and lazy sculpt anyone could imagine.

I agree. This crouching pose that only two people on this forum want XM to do is just about the worst idea for a statue ever. :) :D

I don't collect XM, so the pose they choose in the line they haven't actually announced yet doesn't really effect me. I was just curious as to what kind of discussion was going on over here; now I know.

ALEX23
09-04-2014, 05:51 PM
If they ever make a Black Cat, I'll just have to take out some kind of loan! :laugh:

rhy
09-04-2014, 05:54 PM
XM commitment to quality & innovation combined with Sosa's brilliance will make this Spidey the most dynamic eva (hopefully). Although I hope they release Venom first...hehe

The General
09-04-2014, 05:59 PM
Spidey, Rhino, Sandman & Vulture depending how they turn out will make me pull the trigger on my first XM piece.

TheYoungWolf
09-04-2014, 06:11 PM
If they ever make a Black Cat, I'll just have to take out some kind of loan! :laugh:

I'll second that one, I'd be in trouble.. :laugh:

jhauser
09-04-2014, 06:16 PM
I don't know if it has been discussed already, but I'd love to see a XM 1/4 scale McFarlane style Spidey & Venom! :drooling:

http://home.comcast.net/~justinhauser06/asm316.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~justinhauser06/mt226.jpg

Spidey976
09-04-2014, 07:02 PM
Right, which is why I said "of course everyone's opinion is welcome and no offense to anyone" so that really isn't shooting down an opinion. Once again, I believe Spidey "Crouching" would be just about the most dull and lazy sculpt anyone could imagine. He is a fluid character meant to move. There are a million other comic book characters that could be done in a crouching pose instead. XM will ultimately decide what looks best of course, and I have full faith in their decisions as artists. I just hope the XM Spidey looks better than the Sideshow 2010 Spidey Comm.

If you were to spend about the same money you would on an XM Spidey you could buy a Reg Spiderman Com. At least if you were to do so right now, and we both know how much you love that piece. Now will XM be able to top the 2010 SSC Com?? I don't know. However, could they match it? Now that I am pretty confident of... or at least that they could come close. Eric is an AMAZING sculptor, and if anyone could match Canale's sculpts it is him. Canale has done the three most impressive 1/4 sculpts I have ever seen for Spiderman with all three SSC Coms. However, Sosa has the most impressive swinging pose I have ever seen. In the end will XM be able to produce a KICK ASS Spidey of that I have no doubt, but in the end I think SSCs pieces will still stand (okay not the JSC Spidey maybe). As for your opinion about the crouching pose.... well...

You seem to be under the impression that by putting one open-minded, opinion welcoming sentence in the middle of a post, you automatically have free reign to say just about anything you want to those exchanging their creative opinions. In this particular situation, that means regurgitating the same, "Your idea is horrible/the worst/dull/lazy, mine is superior, but no offense." response in varying passive aggressive formats. I fail to see how that type of conversation is enjoyable for anyone apart from yourself.

I don't collect XM, so the pose they choose in the line they haven't actually announced yet doesn't really effect me. I was just curious as to what kind of discussion was going on over here; now I know.

The error with what mark does is thinking that he can say "no offense" and then say "your idea is stupid" and it isn't offensive.

Like many of us mark selfishly wants what he wants, and lets all face it we are all like that to some extent. Now I think a croutching pose can work. I have seen this one in person and it is majestic.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee335/Darth_Ryan1983/7A4EDBEB-07D0-4CC6-A0E3-34433732D88F-1510-000000A32D477912_zpsd6cc2db2.jpg

Now is that the direction that I think XM?? Not really, I know that Sosa can kick ass on a dynamic action pose, and that is what I would LOVE to see. Now if XM goes for a wall pose that doesn't have swinging involved, well I am sure it will look amazing. However, in my opinion it would be a wasted opportunity. Unless ofcourse they pull a multipose piece like the Iron Man Mark VII. Now that would be amazing.

mistermark
09-04-2014, 07:38 PM
If you were to spend about the same money you would on an XM Spidey you could buy a Reg Spiderman Com. At least if you were to do so right now, and we both know how much you love that piece. Now will XM be able to top the 2010 SSC Com?? I don't know. However, could they match it? Now that I am pretty confident of... or at least that they could come close. Eric is an AMAZING sculptor, and if anyone could match Canale's sculpts it is him. Canale has done the three most impressive 1/4 sculpts I have ever seen for Spiderman with all three SSC Coms. However, Sosa has the most impressive swinging pose I have ever seen. In the end will XM be able to produce a KICK ASS Spidey of that I have no doubt, but in the end I think SSCs pieces will still stand (okay not the JSC Spidey maybe). As for your opinion about the crouching pose.... well...

The error with what mark does is thinking that he can say "no offense" and then say "your idea is stupid" and it isn't offensive.

Like many of us mark selfishly wants what he wants, and lets all face it we are all like that to some extent. Now I think a croutching pose can work. I have seen this one in person and it is majestic.

http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee335/Darth_Ryan1983/7A4EDBEB-07D0-4CC6-A0E3-34433732D88F-1510-000000A32D477912_zpsd6cc2db2.jpg

Now is that the direction that I think XM?? Not really, I know that Sosa can kick ass on a dynamic action pose, and that is what I would LOVE to see. Now if XM goes for a wall pose that doesn't have swinging involved, well I am sure it will look amazing. However, in my opinion it would be a wasted opportunity. Unless ofcourse they pull a multipose piece like the Iron Man Mark VII. Now that would be amazing.

I dunno Spidey ever since I saw that episode of Dr Oz where he said " the best way to clear your bowels is in a crouching position" this is all I can think of when I look at that pose. LMAO. I just can't deal. It looks good but Spidey looks like he is squatting to go to the bathroom... lol. In other news, as for the 2010 Spidey Com I am done buying used pieces. I just got burned buying used where someone said something was flawless and it wans't. It wasn't bad, but now I want to get it repaired which I will but if it isn't minty fresh, then I'm done. I don't mind buying something with a flaw as long as I am told about it which I wasn't. BTW That dude in Canada that was selling the Spidey Com that you suggested to me ignored my offer of $1000 to buy it off him for three weeks, then when he had no buyers he came crawling back being like "Oh, sorry I was busy. Are you still interested?" Yeah he can go F himself. You turn down $1000 for a piece of used polystone in this economy, well good for you bro. Anyway, I am fully ready to support XM on their Spidey piece as they are what I am more looking for in a company. Quality and low ES. I also am interested in PCS now too. I may still pick up some horror PFs from SS as they do amazing work too. :cool:

Spidey976
09-04-2014, 08:26 PM
I dunno Spidey ever since I saw that episode of Dr Oz where he said " the best way to clear your bowels is in a crouching position" this is all I can think of when I look at that pose. LMAO. I just can't deal. It looks good but Spidey looks like he is squatting to go to the bathroom... lol. In other news, as for the 2010 Spidey Com I am done buying used pieces. I just got burned buying used where someone said something was flawless and it wans't. It wasn't bad, but now I want to get it repaired which I will but if it isn't minty fresh, then I'm done. I don't mind buying something with a flaw as long as I am told about it which I wasn't. BTW That dude in Canada that was selling the Spidey Com that you suggested to me ignored my offer of $1000 to buy it off him for three weeks, then when he had no buyers he came crawling back being like "Oh, sorry I was busy. Are you still interested?" Yeah he can go F himself. You turn down $1000 for a piece of used polystone in this economy, well good for you bro. Anyway, I am fully ready to support XM on their Spidey piece as they are what I am more looking for in a company. Quality and low ES. I also am interested in PCS now too. I may still pick up some horror PFs from SS as they do amazing work too. :cool:

Well I just pointed you his way m8. However, in the end if the guy was busy, well, the piece is going for $1200 locally, I might have been a little more understanding if the guy was running around. Trust me when I say the 2010 Spiderman Com is the most impressive SSC piece I have seen in person, and I have seen some of the best that have come out as of late. As for the XM Spidey, I am sure it will be AMAZING.

Doctor Doom
09-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Said it once and I'll yell it again....HOBGOBLIN!!!:waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

Spidey976
09-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Said it once and I'll yell it again....HOBGOBLIN!!!:waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah::waah:

SSCs HobGoblin is AMAZING... just a little small.

mistermark
09-04-2014, 09:08 PM
Well I just pointed you his way m8. However, in the end if the guy was busy, well, the piece is going for $1200 locally, I might have been a little more understanding if the guy was running around. Trust me when I say the 2010 Spiderman Com is the most impressive SSC piece I have seen in person, and I have seen some of the best that have come out as of late. As for the XM Spidey, I am sure it will be AMAZING.

Well I appreciate you trying for me. If it's meant to be, I will find one but I will wait to see the XM Spidey reveal first. Best piece gets my money but it is hard to find good sellers especially at that kind of money. You're lucky to have the SS Com, but hey, you worked hard to find it and a good deal on him so kudos to you. Lucky!

Peedi
09-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I waiver back and forth on XM... Magneto was awesome but I didn't even try to get one. Wolverine is enticing but I'm not sure I want to pay that much for Wolverine. Same for Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

But Spider-Man is THE character I'll have to get from XM no matter what.

As long as it's nothing like SS's Comiquettes. And the 2010 comiquette is my favorite collectible out of anything I have, statues or otherwise. I'd like to see something different with a decent amount of switch outs.

built2shred
09-05-2014, 01:35 AM
I waiver back and forth on XM... Magneto was awesome but I didn't even try to get one. Wolverine is enticing but I'm not sure I want to pay that much for Wolverine. Same for Hawkeye and Ms. Marvel.

As long as it's nothing like SS's Comiquettes. And the 2010 comiquette is my favorite collectible out of anything I have, statues or otherwise. I'd like to see something different with a decent amount of switch outs.

You really do have to pick and choose or you would go broke... I'm kind of glad XM is doing some non-main characters coming up so my checking account can have a break :)

mistermark
09-05-2014, 04:42 AM

I would still like XM Spidey stuck on a wall somewhere on a building as that is what he does. So similar to the Sideshow 2010 com but different. I think the J Scott Campbell Com looks awful just imo. That dull paint they put on him really ruined it. And the weird arms going in two different directions. I hope XM uses vibrant paint for Spidey and big eyes...

Thor57
09-05-2014, 05:16 AM
You really do have to pick and choose or you would go broke... I'm kind of glad XM is doing some non-main characters coming up so my checking account can have a break :)

Amen brother. Of the next reveals, Strange, Black Bolt and She-Hulk, neither are what I consider must haves. If I've got some extra cash or one of the poses just blows my mind completely, even then its a maybe. Saves my check book for the inevitable Vision, Black Panther, Loki types.

Bobfrog
09-05-2014, 05:51 AM
Amen brother. Of the next reveals, Strange, Black Bolt and She-Hulk, neither are what I consider must haves. If I've got some extra cash or one of the poses just blows my mind completely, even then its a maybe. Saves my check book for the inevitable Vision, Black Panther, Loki types.

There could well be some very cool poses for one of those three ;)

Thor57
09-05-2014, 05:57 AM
I almost assure you there will be. But being characters I dont have a longing for, they have to just floor me.

Doctor Doom
09-05-2014, 10:24 AM
SSCs HobGoblin is AMAZING... just a little small.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:
Just would like to see XM's take on him

loricstone
09-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I almost assure you there will be. But being characters I dont have a longing for, they have to just floor me.

Prepare to be floored!

KELPIE
09-10-2014, 01:34 AM
http://images.alphacoders.com/127/12711.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120101184255/spiderman/images/b/b9/Scream.jpg

http://cdn1.sciencefiction.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/TheShocker.jpg

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120806225813/marveldatabase/images/b/b2/807541-beetle_2_super.jpg

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071026065841/marveldatabase/images/8/84/Silver_Sablinova_(Earth-616)_008.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EuCNcjtyCTw/TDf0xTYQ2gI/AAAAAAAABC4/qBfmVDjeM-E/s1600/spider-ham-run.gif

GrumpyBear
09-10-2014, 02:32 AM
I like something new, not in the air or with a wall. Like a pose saying hey im spidy whats going on, coolness.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11600000/spiderman-marvel-comics-11698324-1734-1775.jpg

kevin2323
09-10-2014, 07:48 AM
XM venom will be a grail piece. book it

Apetina
09-10-2014, 07:56 AM
I like something new, not in the air or with a wall. Like a pose saying hey im spidy whats going on, coolness.

http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11600000/spiderman-marvel-comics-11698324-1734-1775.jpg

That pose would be awesome! a bit more dinamic and nailed it!

madmanny
09-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Any spidey villain would be a big seller. Guys and girls would kill for a doc ock or lizard in 1/4 scale

Remember Me?
09-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Venom and Demogoblin!

rhy
09-11-2014, 04:53 AM
This...I need Venom in my life

Peedi
09-12-2014, 02:00 AM
I would still like XM Spidey stuck on a wall somewhere on a building as that is what he does. So similar to the Sideshow 2010 com but different. I think the J Scott Campbell Com looks awful just imo. That dull paint they put on him really ruined it. And the weird arms going in two different directions. I hope XM uses vibrant paint for Spidey and big eyes...

But he does so much more than just stick to walls...he's super strong...he can toss cars with no effort. He's faster than bullets. He can get shot and keep going...he's extremely flexible and durable...there's so many options to show how cool he is than just hang him on a wall yet again.

Saves my check book for the inevitable Vision, Black Panther, Loki types.

That guy in bold...I have the PF but would love to see XM's take and possible get it.

I'd hope so. I missed the Comiquette, I'd be down for an XM Venom.

Any spidey villain would be a big seller. Guys and girls would kill for a doc ock or lizard in 1/4 scale

I'd prefer them from SS. I want Spidey villains but I wouldn't pay as much for them as I would a killer Spidey from XM. Hopefully with future sculpts SS can take XM's Hawkeye as a challenge to go one step further and give these characters the extra details they need to make the statues excellent. With Hawkeye SS's is still good, but compare the detail and paint choices on that XM and it's no contest...that Magneto probably has SS rethinking whatever their approach to Magneto was, because I'm sure they at least had a design by now that they probably cant put out after XM's amazing Magneto. SS needs to step it up with their own killer Doc Oc, Lizard, Hobgoblin and a 2nd Green Goblin PF...they already have a 2nd PF for Skull and Doom, Goblin should get the next revisit.

equi-nox76
09-13-2014, 08:02 AM
Come on I need that Venom from XM now...

kevin2323
10-02-2014, 03:07 PM
so this was pretty much confirmed today by Sosa.

BRING ON VENOM.................

Bullseye
10-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Eric has just posted great time to be a Spidey fan. Now we are talking.

kevin2323
10-02-2014, 03:24 PM

so much potential.

now Jpsarri can get a good comparison for the comiquette .

lets see what XM has to offer

TheYoungWolf
10-02-2014, 04:01 PM
But he does so much more than just stick to walls...he's super strong...he can toss cars with no effort. He's faster than bullets. He can get shot and keep going...he's extremely flexible and durable...there's so many options to show how cool he is than just hang him on a wall yet again.

My pipe dream wish was for a movie PF, using this scene as reference:

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac351/ARiv13/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps57308724.jpg (http://s915.photobucket.com/user/ARiv13/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps57308724.jpg.html)

:laugh: ..While that particular pose and scenario would be implausible in 1/4th scale, for display purposes, any statue showcasing Spidey's super strength would be pretty sweet in my book. If XM has truly gotten the license, I'm interested to see what they come up with.

khrisc
10-02-2014, 05:34 PM
Show us WIP pics!! :)

StringKeyRhythm
10-02-2014, 05:58 PM
I'd already give an arm and leg for this statue. Not my arm and leg though. Someone else's.

Sharkey
10-02-2014, 08:02 PM
YESSSSSS!!!

fateel
10-03-2014, 09:07 AM

My prayer has been answered! :praying:

Lawnknome
10-03-2014, 09:48 AM
NOOOOOOO my money!!!!!!

Ok time to start selling off half my collection to fund this ----.

Remember Me?
10-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Time to sell my Koto Spiderman and save up for this Spiderman!!

SideShowJoe
10-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Time to sell my Koto Spiderman and save up for this Spiderman!!

Time to sell my 1:5 Campbell Spider-Man for this one!! Can't wait to see this and the sculpt and design are going to be insane!!! This will be another quick sell out trust me !!

Sarah Joe

built2shred
10-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Ugh...... My wallet was just getting up from a 10 count from the pounding it took from the Avengers and X-Men statues and XM is going to KO him back on the floor with Spider-Man statues :(

Sharkey
10-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Ugh...... My wallet was just getting up from a 10 count from the pounding it took from the Avengers and X-Men statues and XM is going to KO him back on the floor with Spider-Man statues :(

You and me both, built, My only thanks is that if their release schedule for next year is any indication I will have plenty of time to save up for the full cost. I can handle the down payments fine enough.

loricstone
10-03-2014, 01:53 PM
I still have yet to hear any confirmation on XM doing Spidey and villains. Until that time...I am not getting my hopes up.

kevin2323
10-03-2014, 01:55 PM
I still have yet to hear any confirmation on XM doing Spidey and villains. Until that time...I am not getting my hopes up.

dont be a party pooper. Eric pretty much said it in writing.

khrisc
10-03-2014, 01:58 PM
yep! the only question is when ;)

loricstone
10-03-2014, 02:00 PM
dont be a party pooper. Eric pretty much said it in writing.

Things change. Don't jinx our janx peeps.

Thor57
10-03-2014, 02:12 PM
I'm pretty much having to pass on Ant-Man with the hope of a Spider-Man on the horizon.

mistermark
10-03-2014, 07:31 PM
I'd already give an arm and leg for this statue. Not my arm and leg though. Someone else's.

It;s true. :laugh:

mistermark
10-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Yeah Catwoman's got nothin on Black cat! :laugh:

Catwoman is wayyyyyy better than Black Cat. Been on the scene way longer too. ;)

Spidey976
10-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Things change. Don't jinx our janx peeps.

Yeah it is always possible. Things have already changed a few times.

DRL
10-04-2014, 03:25 AM
Great news! I love Erick's Koto Spidey and can't wait to see what he can do in a bigger scale!

OrangeCrush
10-07-2014, 05:40 PM
While I have definitely been impressed by what I have seen thus far by XM, the prices are just too high for me. If I started paying those kinds of prices for statues, many of my other hobbies would take a serious hit. Sideshow's pricing for thier premium format figures (roughly 350-400) is pretty much my limit. I might buy an occassional piece for a bit more, but nothing on a regular basis and it would have to absolutely blow me away to do so.

Hopefully XM is able to get their prices down a bit as they continue on. Not sure if they will even try and do so given the fact that thier statues have been selling out. I guess we will have to wait and see. If they got the prices down to $500, I would be far more open to buying some of them. 600-800, again just too much for me. Unfortunately, I have a crapload of different collecting hobbies, all of which suck away money from my bank account like a super massive black hole.

All that said, XM Spider-Man, if done properly, might be one that I would be willing to spend more on. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

DynamicMenace
10-07-2014, 05:54 PM
yeah im def curious to see how spiderman turns out.
but its really the shipping that increase the price on these. they are all a little over 500usd. and taking into consideration the SO accessories they come with. thats a decent price. comparable with SS.
i dont own any of the XM pieces. only because none of them have pushed me to the point of "MUST OWN" status. but im hoping that will all change with spiderman and the Black Bolt statue they will be doing. if both are done phenomenally well. i just might have two XM pieces in my collection.

mistermark
10-07-2014, 06:43 PM
While I have definitely been impressed by what I have seen thus far by XM, the prices are just too high for me. If I started paying those kinds of prices for statues, many of my other hobbies would take a serious hit. Sideshow's pricing for thier premium format figures (roughly 350-400) is pretty much my limit. I might buy an occassional piece for a bit more, but nothing on a regular basis and it would have to absolutely blow me away to do so.

Hopefully XM is able to get their prices down a bit as they continue on. Not sure if they will even try and do so given the fact that thier statues have been selling out. I guess we will have to wait and see. If they got the prices down to $500, I would be far more open to buying some of them. 600-800, again just too much for me. Unfortunately, I have a crapload of different collecting hobbies, all of which suck away money from my bank account like a super massive black hole.

All that said, XM Spider-Man, if done properly, might be one that I would be willing to spend more on. Will be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Or you could buy one XM statue that is killer instead of two overly-high ES SS statues.

ZKULPTOR
10-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Someone said Spidey? wow who's sculpting that? man I wish that same guy could sculpt him and that creepy green dude... now that would be cool :)

Spidey976
10-07-2014, 07:44 PM
Someone said Spidey? wow who's sculpting that? man I wish that same guy could sculpt him and that creepy green dude... now that would be cool :)

Now you are just teasing again.... I can't wait to see what you come up with Star Lord.

madmanny
10-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Awesome

DynamicMenace
10-07-2014, 08:41 PM

can you say. 1/4 scale diorama in which each piece is sold separately?

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/omg/grand/48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

khrisc
10-07-2014, 09:34 PM

show us a sneak of Spidey already! or even a drawing! :)

loricstone
10-07-2014, 10:13 PM

There's several creepy green dudes...you know. A reptilian and a deranged lunatic. Wondering which one?

SideShowJoe
10-07-2014, 10:29 PM
Edit

OrangeCrush
10-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Or you could buy one XM statue that is killer instead of two overly-high ES SS statues.

As I said, if its something that absolutely blows me away then I would be open to doing that every once in awhile, but certainly not on a regular basis, especially given the sheer number of sideshow statues that are being released/announced that I am interested in buying. I have twice as many statues on pre order right now than I have ever had before (Daredevil PF, Batgirl PF, Catwoman PF, Catwoman Maquette, Poison Ivy PF, Vampirella PF, Wonder Woman PF, Kerrigan PF, Queen of the Dead PF, and Batman PF) and there are still 4-5 that I want to add to that list. I am just not willing to take 2 off to add one from XM. While I have been impressed with XM's offerings thus far, I would rather scratch off 2 from my Sideshow wantlist as opposed to buying a single statue from XM, at least with the statues I have seen thus far. Maybe that will change with XM's future offerings. Will just have to wait and see.

In the end, I would rather have 2 premium format statues that I really wanted as opposed to one XM statue I really wanted. Given the number of people on here that have issues with Sideshow, I am sure there are people who feel the exact opposite. Thus far, I am just not one of them. Again, if collecting statues was my only collecting hobby then it wouldn't be an issue, but it isn't. In fact, in regards to collecting hobbies, statues wouldn't even make my top 3 so spending that much money on them just doesnt make sense for me. I am just hoping that XM will be able to get thier pricing down as they continue to grow. Then I wont have to make those kinds of difficult choices.

StringKeyRhythm
10-07-2014, 10:50 PM
There's several creepy green dudes...you know. A reptilian and a deranged lunatic. Wondering which one?

I'm banking on green goblin. He's spidey's ultimate baddy.

...Sosa is god! :praying:

Viper245
10-07-2014, 10:51 PM

Star Lord, please put in your Awesome Mix Vol. 1 cassette tape and sculpt us some righteous XM Spidey statues. :buttrock:

DynamicMenace
10-07-2014, 11:44 PM

well i wont mind either one thats for damn sure.

Remember Me?
10-07-2014, 11:55 PM
XM, there is a sculpture of green goblin flying over Spiderman (Holding Gwen)....is it possible for you to produce that? I mean get it from the sculptor.

DynamicMenace
10-08-2014, 12:05 AM
i think they want to do everything in digital to keep everything in scale. so they all size up with one another.
plus i think thats a 1/6th scale diorama right? they may could use that for their alliance 1/6th scale line.

ZKULPTOR
10-08-2014, 01:06 AM
Star Lord, please put in your Awesome Mix Vol. 1 cassette tape and sculpt us some righteous XM Spidey statues. :buttrock:
Star Lord? hmmm that would be cool for me to do too:thinking::praying:

Apetina
10-08-2014, 05:49 AM
Come on Erick or XM!!! I dare you to share a WIP pic of Spidey! a finger, close up eye or webb patern would work! We need it :(

GrumpyBear
10-08-2014, 06:04 AM
Yes please feed us.

Apetina
10-08-2014, 06:21 AM
Yes please feed us.

Nah..... Erick is such a coward :muahaha:

Maybe with a little of reverse psychology we'll get something :laugh::laugh:

NovaXM
10-08-2014, 06:56 AM
Star Lord? hmmm that would be cool for me to do too:thinking::praying:

GOTG license confirmed Lol

XM STUDIOS
10-08-2014, 11:39 PM

Dr oct is green
Green goblin is green
Vulture is green
Lizard man is green
Sandman wears green
Mysterio green
Scorpion ......
Etc........

Remember Me?
10-08-2014, 11:41 PM
Dr oct is green
Green goblin is green
Vulture is green
Lizard man is green
Sandman wears green
Mysterio green
Scorpion ......
Etc........

I still think it's green goblin.

Thor57
10-08-2014, 11:43 PM
This is great news for Spider-Man fans if it indeed turns out true. I've never been a huge overall Spidey guy, but I do need one in my collection. So depending on scuplt, I could definitely see myself picking up at least Spider-Man. Maybe a Venor or Green Goblin as well to display him with.

Unless he comes with a NY street/wall base. In that case, I'll just display him with the Avengers since he's been one in the past.

khrisc
10-16-2014, 09:21 PM
Any updates on this? Cmon XM show us something..even just a drawing ;)

marker2037
10-17-2014, 01:23 AM
I need a breather so I think it's best they hold off :laugh:

Hellsbells51
10-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Any updates on this? Cmon XM show us something..even just a drawing ;)

Here is the concept art!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/107/d/a/Stick_Figure_Spider_Man_by_SharkBomb.jpg

:tongue:

Sharkey
10-17-2014, 01:31 AM
Here is the concept art!

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs25/f/2008/107/d/a/Stick_Figure_Spider_Man_by_SharkBomb.jpg

I'LL TAKE 5! :flash:

khrisc
10-17-2014, 02:31 AM
Here is the concept art!

LOL looks..good? hahaha

Bobfrog
10-17-2014, 02:32 AM
Here is the concept art!

lol.

that would be a good pose though :) and it's just given me a cool idea although would probably be far too big for XM to implement. Maybe if they do a spidey comp...

keewan
10-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Here is the concept art!

Will you be selling this art print?

khrisc
10-17-2014, 03:56 AM

HAHAHA I love it! the art print itself will be considered grail LOL

Lawnknome
10-17-2014, 08:22 AM
Honestly I would buy a quality print of that in like a 4x6 for $5

Hellsbells51
10-19-2014, 02:43 AM

When the statue is finally revealed, just remember where the original art came from…this is gonna be as good as gold! :rolleyes:

KELPIE
12-03-2014, 06:48 PM
I can feel an announcement coming.

Common XM, Spider senses are tingling...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/cc460a0ab811cad35a234c3035609523/tumblr_n2j7ipVAPq1qes700o1_1280.jpg

Lawnknome
12-03-2014, 06:52 PM
When the statue is finally revealed, just remember where the original art came from…this is gonna be as good as gold! :rolleyes:

Hells please print up a 4x6 of your concept art for me, I will buy it and frame it with the XM piece that eventually comes out.

StringKeyRhythm
12-03-2014, 07:03 PM
I've been hoping to see some sort of WIP of spidey every morning. :praying:

Peedi
12-04-2014, 06:40 AM
A must buy of the highest order. No hesitation, all in without question, I need Need NEED XM Spidey when this happens.

SS is dragging its feet on the ASM2 PF and Igo said there's a new comic based Spidey PF coming from them, too...that's three 1:4 Spideys I'm looking forward to in addition to the 2 I have now and I will have them all!!!

magneticsoul
12-04-2014, 06:53 AM
I heard from xm guy during the toy convention that the first character for spidey line would be doc oct.

equi-nox76
12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I still need Venom and Carnage, but DocOc would be great as well.

Mamba
12-04-2014, 07:47 AM
I need Doc Oct, bring it on.

khrisc
12-04-2014, 07:59 AM
I heard from xm guy during the toy convention that the first character for spidey line would be doc oct.

not spidey himself?? :(

GrumpyBear
12-04-2014, 08:22 AM

No need, safe my money for spidy and venom.

I just believe it if Ben or Erick post it. :thumbs2:

magneticsoul
12-04-2014, 09:29 AM
I was hoping for spidey but you guys know xm, they always produced character that hasn't been realsead by ss. So doc oct meets that criteria. Also they said they want to make every character complement to each other, like the xmen line, i mean there is similarity in their base.

Spidey976
12-04-2014, 09:36 AM
I would be careful with speculative talk at this point. Let XM do their thing in the background. To much behind the scenes talk has already proved to be unhealthy for this wonderful company. That is why a lot of guys who are in the know don't post everything they are privy too anymore. Let them get the licenses ironed out and then make the announcements when the ink is dry.

nbr3bagshotrow
12-04-2014, 09:37 AM
I need Doc Oct, bring it on.
Doctor October?

DynamicMenace
12-04-2014, 10:01 AM
:laugh:

Sharkey
12-04-2014, 01:47 PM
A must buy of the highest order. No hesitation, all in without question, I need Need NEED XM Spidey when this happens.

SS is dragging its feet on the ASM2 PF and Igo said there's a new comic based Spidey PF coming from them, too...that's three 1:4 Spideys I'm looking forward to in addition to the 2 I have now and I will have them all!!!

OOOO!!! A new comic Spidey in the works?! I hope it is a cool Superior or Scarlet Spiderman! There are so many sweet alt-universe spideys I want to see now after reading the current Spider-verse storyline (SPIDER GWEN PLEASE!!!).

SideShowJoe
12-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I can see why they are doing Doc first as many companies have done so many spider man collectibles so I don't mind one bit plus I don't have any doc oc's yet!! ;)

Sarah Joe

Remember Me?
12-04-2014, 09:36 PM
The only two I am looking forward to next year is Spiderman and DareDevil.

SideShowJoe
12-04-2014, 10:58 PM
The only two I am looking forward to next year is Spiderman and DareDevil.

Yeah i agree also with you about Daredevil as i don't have one yet and i didnt like sideshows at all!! So I'm hoping Xm delivers great Daredevil piece!

Sarah Joe

Ohrai_Fan
12-15-2014, 11:33 PM
May I suggest pursuing the license for the tony cipriano "Death of Gwen Stacey" piece? Images have been floating around for awhile online. I have no idea how the licensing would work but no one is mass producing that masterpiece.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/marvel-statues-props-etc-/123159-diorama-spiderman-death-gwen-stacy.html

edit: for whatever reason you'll have to do a google image search to see the proto, it's worth the effort.

Apetina
12-30-2014, 04:53 AM
Well! Time to give us a tease XM!

SS has made the first move (but not the last)

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155169&d=1419926819

Would like to see what you guys have in mind :)

The Mule
12-30-2014, 05:57 AM
If they're smart, they won't open with a Spiderman statue, not immediatly at least.
Sideshow has done SM multiple times. They've NEVER done his opponents, except the usual Venom and Carnage.
Octopus would be a good opening move for the XM SM license, since Sideshow never bothered to make one and chances are they won't do him for years. There's a high demand for him and a hell lot of possibilities.
They should work on Octopus ASAP, in the meanwhile wait and see what Sideshow does with this PF, look at the full reveal, then make something better that will make people forget about it.

At least, this is what I'd do.

Bobfrog
12-30-2014, 06:34 AM
That SS one looks very cool but I've got confidence that XM will at least match it in design and surpass it in finish.

And I reckon we'll see plenty of villains for sure. XM seem fairly intent on doing complete lines e.g. x-men alliance and telling us about it fairly early on rather than keeping fans hoping year after year. They've been pretty savvy with their releases so far.

acme1982
12-30-2014, 09:06 AM
If they're smart, they won't open with a Spiderman statue, not immediatly at least.
Sideshow has done SM multiple times. They've NEVER done his opponents, except the usual Venom and Carnage.
Octopus would be a good opening move for the XM SM license, since Sideshow never bothered to make one and chances are they won't do him for years. There's a high demand for him and a hell lot of possibilities.
They should work on Octopus ASAP, in the meanwhile wait and see what Sideshow does with this PF, look at the full reveal, then make something better that will make people forget about it.

Bring me a Doc Oc XM! :buttrock:

Spidey976
12-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Well! Time to give us a tease XM!

SS has made the first move (but not the last)

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=155169&d=1419926819

Would like to see what you guys have in mind :)

That SS one looks very cool but I've got confidence that XM will at least match it in design and surpass it in finish.

And I reckon we'll see plenty of villains for sure. XM seem fairly intent on doing complete lines e.g. x-men alliance and telling us about it fairly early on rather than keeping fans hoping year after year. They've been pretty savvy with their releases so far.

If there are smart SSC will have their PF painted at the same factory that the Superman PF, GHulk, and King Hulk were painted in., which just so happens to be the same factory XM uses. The thing is that SSC got out ahead of XM with a dynamic action filled piece, that will satisfy MANY North American collectors. However, it isn't a competition, well, maybe for collectors dollars.

In the end if/when XM announces a Spiderman line what will separate it from SSC will be their tendency to do companion pieces, whereas SSC does stand alone pieces. In the end if both companies put out fantastic pieces it is a win win for everyone who is a Spiderman fan.

GrumpyBear
12-30-2014, 10:39 AM
I dont like the SSC pose, wait for more pics.

A R E S
12-30-2014, 01:17 PM
Problem is everyone assumes that XM will do a Spider-Man lineup, but i never read an official announcement and as was already pointed out, talking about non official licences already costed XM. Maybe This SS reveal is a sign that comic Spidey belongs to them? Would be niceif not and XM makes an official statement having the licence. With Spidey even his rogue gallery is so good, that a licence only for the rogues would be fantastic.

khrisc
12-30-2014, 01:39 PM
i think SS just made this move to make people stay away from XM or at least wait for them to release their spidey because im sure they have heard rumors that XM might make a spidey and Sosa himself will work on it..SS has shown this teaser and we all know sometimes it takes months or even years before they make it a reality.

Spidey976
12-30-2014, 02:54 PM
Problem is everyone assumes that XM will do a Spider-Man lineup, but i never read an official announcement and as was already pointed out, talking about non official licences already costed XM. Maybe This SS reveal is a sign that comic Spidey belongs to them? Would be niceif not and XM makes an official statement having the licence. With Spidey even his rogue gallery is so good, that a licence only for the rogues would be fantastic.

i think SS just made this move to make people stay away from XM or at least wait for them to release their spidey because im sure they have heard rumors that XM might make a spidey and Sosa himself will work on it..SS has shown this teaser and we all know sometimes it takes months or even years before they make it a reality.

There is no official word on a Spiderman that is true. As for having StarLord sculpting an XM Spidey it will be epic. Though the SSC one is by Martin Canale so I am super excited to see that one too.

Sharkey
12-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Yea that little teaser image you posted above looks really cool. This might be my normal suited spidey for my collection if it turns out well. Now just for Iron Spidey to be at a reasonable price for me... :/

jimaras2099
12-30-2014, 03:51 PM
one Spidey 2099 plz

acme1982
12-30-2014, 03:53 PM
There is no official word on a Spiderman that is true. As for having StarLord sculpting an XM Spidey it will be epic. Though the SSC one is by Martin Canale so I am super excited to see that one too.

From time so you can see in the picture Martin Canale seems to have done a great job with spidey , I think it's time that XM show their cards if they really plan to make a spidey .

Bobfrog
12-30-2014, 04:01 PM
If there are smart SSC will have their PF painted at the same factory that the Superman PF, GHulk, and King Hulk were painted in., which just so happens to be the same factory XM uses. The thing is that SSC got out ahead of XM with a dynamic action filled piece, that will satisfy MANY North American collectors. However, it isn't a competition, well, maybe for collectors dollars.

In the end if/when XM announces a Spiderman line what will separate it from SSC will be their tendency to do companion pieces, whereas SSC does stand alone pieces. In the end if both companies put out fantastic pieces it is a win win for everyone who is a Spiderman fan.

Defo on the companion piece side. That just seems like something, as a collector you'd want to know up front before you invest in a line. Sadly from what I see SS hasn't been that great on it in the past although they seem to be doing a good job so far on the DC pfs so maybe things will turn around but yeah as far as spidey goes there's no spidey + full set of
rogues and they've had plenty of chance to do one.

And yeah maybe that is SS saying 'this is ours'. Ya never know.

I really like the look of their spidey PF. To me it looks very much like the ASM2 spidey which to me represents the suit and physique of spidey perfectly. If anyone including XM did spidey at 1/4 scale down the line I'd have to compare it to that because I don't like many of the past takes on his physique / poses.

Only thing with SS's piece is how it will display with the base. Just have to wait and see if it's worth it.

If XM don't get a spidey license then at least we have the X-Men alliance and Top Cow licenses to keep our wallets empty :eek:

Bobfrog
12-30-2014, 04:07 PM

I think Igo has announced that they are doing teasers only when they are nearer to completion so you may not have to wait as long as you think to see their piece completed.

Martin Canale is knocking them outta the park these days. If they get a license and Erick works on it then it'll be great for many but I think that, based on the former Koto spidey, the SS style will be more to my taste. Will definitely wait and see though because companion pieces can really make a line more appealing. Fingers crossed for the guys to secure something.

Matches Malone
12-30-2014, 04:14 PM
Sideshow has done SM multiple times. They've NEVER done his opponents, except the usual Venom and Carnage. Octopus would be a good opening move for the XM SM license, since Sideshow never bothered to make one and chances are they won't do him for years. There's a high demand for him and a hell lot of possibilities.

They did Green Goblin, Rhino and Hobgoblin off the top of my head. Granted the Spidey-villains have been few and far between based on how long SSC has been making Marvel pieces.

Bmutha
12-30-2014, 04:16 PM
They did Green Goblin, Rhino and Hobgoblin off the top of my head. Granted the Spidey-villains have been few and far between based on how long SSC has been making Marvel pieces.

If you want to call that a Green Goblin...

I kid, I kid...sort of.

Matches Malone
12-30-2014, 04:18 PM

Even if that is the case I see it only as a positive indicative of SSC being pushed by XM to bring its A game.

Bmutha
12-30-2014, 04:21 PM

I'd probably buy both.

madmanny
12-30-2014, 06:46 PM
I am assuming sideshows plans with spiderman has probably had an impact on the xm spidey deal, e.g not having too many out in the market.

StringKeyRhythm
12-30-2014, 06:50 PM
I'm not quite sure on how this licensing situation works. If XM already has the Marvel license, wouldn't that imply they can choose to make a Spiderman 1:4 or any of his villains for that matter?

madmanny
12-30-2014, 06:53 PM
I'm not quite sure on how this licensing situation works. If XM already has the Marvel license, wouldn't that imply they can choose to make a Spiderman 1:4 or any of his villains for that matter?

Not if marvel veto

Bmutha
12-30-2014, 07:39 PM

It seems that they have to get approval for each character...like, they have to go to Marvel and say, "we want to do characters x, y, and z." Then Marvel can say yes or no.

Thor57
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Thats correct based off of what Bryan said earlier in the year.

StringKeyRhythm
12-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Ah, I see, Thank you all for clarifying. Augh, the anticipation for a spidey character statue is slowly eating away at me. :praying:

khrisc
12-30-2014, 11:16 PM
i just hope XM will welcome the new year with all the updates we need! hehehe

acme1982
12-31-2014, 04:48 AM
I hope for the next year a Spidey XM.

Apetina
12-31-2014, 05:32 AM
Canale VS Sosa

That would be an interesting "fight" :jedidual:

Peedi
12-31-2014, 09:02 AM
I am assuming sideshows plans with spiderman has probably had an impact on the xm spidey deal, e.g not having too many out in the market.

Although we in America find a source to ship to us, technically the market wouldn't be flooded because XM products aren't really intended for many of us due to the restrictions of the license...so hopefully that's taken into consideration by Marvel when XM has a good concept they want to push forward with. Whoever XM can't ship to shouldn't be considered part of the market when it comes to Marvel making a decision. But we'll see...

vorpoll
12-31-2014, 10:18 AM
Spidey is a favorite and if well done I would own both!

GrumpyBear
12-31-2014, 10:28 AM
If XM can do an Spidy it will stand for his own, no doubt.

equi-nox76
12-31-2014, 10:43 AM
Whoever makes a black spidey, Venom or Carnage in 1/4 scale first I'll buy.

Spidey976
12-31-2014, 11:55 AM
Canale VS Sosa

That would be an interesting "fight" :jedidual:

Lol... It won't be a fight, BUT I do think that the SSC announcement and their choice of artist are not coincidental. If I was to look at all of the best Spiderman statues I have seen then there would be the 3 SSC Comiquettes (Martin Canale) and the Koto Spiderman (Erick Sosa). So I honestly think that this is going to be a great time for Spidey statue fans IF XM gets the license. Let's face it two amazing artists pushing each other to be even MORE AMAZING.... Well that is awesome.

A R E S
12-31-2014, 12:15 PM

Guess that would be Sideshow then, looking at my 1/4 Venom and Carnage or do you mean new versions?

Spidey976
12-31-2014, 12:19 PM
Guess that would be Sideshow then, looking at my 1/4 Venom and Carnage or do you mean new versions?

I think he means new versions as SSC has just announced a brand new 1/4 Spiderman Line.

Remember Me?
12-31-2014, 03:48 PM

I'll buy only McFarlane Spiderman.

GrumpyBear
12-31-2014, 06:27 PM
No need to rush the SSC Spidy. It will take to 2016 or more and the ES will be over 3000, just for the REG.

Sharkey
12-31-2014, 07:22 PM
Wow! That long till release?

Remember Me?
12-31-2014, 07:52 PM
No need to rush the SSC Spidy. It will take to 2016 or more and the ES will be over 3000, just for the REG.

Sounds about right. :thumbs2:

KELPIE
01-02-2015, 06:36 PM
Although we in America find a source to ship to us, technically the market wouldn't be flooded because XM products aren't really intended for many of us due to the restrictions of the license...so hopefully that's taken into consideration by Marvel when XM has a good concept they want to push forward with. Whoever XM can't ship to shouldn't be considered part of the market when it comes to Marvel making a decision. But we'll see...

Except it did affect their release of Brown Wolverine, having to put it on hold until after SSC's version is released.

actionjackson83
01-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Inevitable lol... more like wishful thinking.

Peedi
01-02-2015, 09:52 PM

Except it did affect their release of Brown Wolverine, having to put it on hold until after SSC's version is released.

I was specifically referring to madmanny's speculation about XM not being allowed to do Spidey because there'd be too many on the market. He could be right, but I was just saying that shouldn't be the case, not that it isn't.

Is that the real reason for Wolverine? Because there'd be too much Wolverine flooding the market? My first thought of that is it's more about SS exercising their muscle. I could be wrong. But it doesn't seem like SS is too worried about flooding the market with too much of one character, not with 3 Supermen, 3 Captain America's and 5 Hulk's currently or nearly available of their own. They just didn't want XM's option out first.

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 04:24 PM
XM,

Please please do a new suit version of Spiderman. I'd love to see a Superior Spiderman, Spider Gwen, or any of the myriad of great alt-universe or alternate costume versions. The normal suit while a classic has been done tons (and yes I would appreciate having one from XM in the future) and is overdone at this point. We hardly ever see anything new from the comics in statue form, and when we finally do it is years and years after a major event. I am not saying to keep current all the time with the comic book costumes, but having something more and different is much needed. I love me some spiderman, but really don't want to have to wait ages for his other suits/versions.

You guys have been doing astounding stuff with your lines and are the only company I really see taking this possibility as others seem rooted in their bland poses and redoing the normal classic suit (come on not even webbed pits? spice it up SS)

While I'd love to see what some 1/4th spiderman alt costumes would look like, I would be content with more 1/6th scale pieces in my spiderman collection as well. They just need to be new suits/versions.

Please and thank you,
--Joseph

ZKULPTOR
02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Show it now Shorudan!!!!!!:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 04:34 PM

:eek::vortex::eek:

Don't be teasing Eric! My heart can't take this. :drooling:

kevin2323
02-06-2015, 04:39 PM

THE MAN HAS SPOKEN

SHOW IT NOW!

wait..........what is he showing?

Apetina
02-06-2015, 04:45 PM

Yeah Shorudan!

We need some crazy hype on this one :praying:

Peedi
02-06-2015, 04:49 PM

http://m.quickmeme.com/img/7a/7af19d996b291e2fd78f8debb833c302cf8a341fc8274ef674a9c7a15cd5311f.jpg

http://memeguy.com/photos/images/i-bet-i-know-someone-whos-really-excited-about-affleck-as-batman-36765.jpg

StringKeyRhythm
02-06-2015, 04:53 PM

SHORUDANNNN!:drooling:

Dusk
02-06-2015, 05:01 PM
Superior spiderman with parker/otto unmasked head?

ZKULPTOR
02-06-2015, 05:37 PM
It was an honest question, I honestly haven't seen it.

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 05:46 PM

:stick: Darn it Eric, you are killin me here man!

acme1982
02-06-2015, 06:19 PM
SHORUDAN!!!!!

madmanny
02-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Showwwwwwwww itttttttttt

Remember Me?
02-06-2015, 06:53 PM
COME ON!!

khrisc
02-06-2015, 08:28 PM
come on everybody!! SHO-RU-DAN! SHO-RU-DAN!! SHO-RU-DANNN!!! show ittttttttttt! LOL

AC_808
02-06-2015, 08:35 PM

And just like that ......mass hysteria!

HaHa ...so cruel!

KayOrzz
02-06-2015, 11:57 PM
i'll have to kill ya after i show ya

GrumpyBear
02-07-2015, 06:16 AM
i'll have to kill ya after i show ya

No problem, im a Highlander. :thumbs2:

Peedi
02-07-2015, 06:44 AM

LOL

Thought you knew what we didn't...lol

XM,

Please please do a new suit version of Spiderman. I'd love to see a Superior Spiderman, Spider Gwen, or any of the myriad of great alt-universe or alternate costume versions. The normal suit while a classic has been done tons (and yes I would appreciate having one from XM in the future) and is overdone at this point. We hardly ever see anything new from the comics in statue form, and when we finally do it is years and years after a major event. I am not saying to keep current all the time with the comic book costumes, but having something more and different is much needed. I love me some spiderman, but really don't want to have to wait ages for his other suits/versions.

You guys have been doing astounding stuff with your lines and are the only company I really see taking this possibility as others seem rooted in their bland poses and redoing the normal classic suit (come on not even webbed pits? spice it up SS)

While I'd love to see what some 1/4th spiderman alt costumes would look like, I would be content with more 1/6th scale pieces in my spiderman collection as well. They just need to be new suits/versions.

Please and thank you,
--Joseph

I made similar sentiments in the SS thread a while back. SS is on the 3rd 1/4 Spidey in Traditional costume. The PF and Com are expensive but the new PF will have a huge ES, anybody who wants that costume can surely get one.

I think XM's Traditional Costume will be awesome (excellent QC and smaller ES than SS, different pose) and it'll be interesting if they tweak the costume like they tend to do. I'm surely going to secure one, but I agree, I'd like a different costume.

My choices are:
1. Classic Black Costume, whether Symbiote or Cloth versions (differentiated by the placement of the web shooters).
2. Classic Costume, yeah technically it's the traditional costume, but I specifically mean old style spider symbol, under arm webs, pre-McFarlane eyes, styled straight out if Spidey's high school/college days.

The problem with other costumes is they don't have the timeless appeal. Most people will have one Spidey so they want the familiar. There's less like us who want other versions, but hopefully we'll get them sooner or later.

shorudan
02-07-2015, 07:47 AM
come on everybody!! SHO-RU-DAN! SHO-RU-DAN!! SHO-RU-DANNN!!! show ittttttttttt! LOL

I feel like I'm on a stage and everyone wants me to take off something and show something...

http://www.self.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Jessica-Alba-Body-Sin-City-2.jpg

JP Sarri
02-07-2015, 07:54 AM
I feel like I'm on a stage and everyone wants me to take off something and show something...

:laugh: too many cloths!

khrisc
02-07-2015, 10:06 AM

HAHAHHAHAHAHA oh man! that made me laugh so hard LOL

Spidey976
02-07-2015, 10:19 AM
Don't show us a darn thing till it is the right time.... These are all the same guys who use to go looking for their XMas presents...lol.

Indridcold99
02-07-2015, 12:43 PM
Venom

Sharkey
02-07-2015, 02:35 PM
LOL

Thought you knew what we didn't...lol

I made similar sentiments in the SS thread a while back. SS is on the 3rd 1/4 Spidey in Traditional costume. The PF and Com are expensive but the new PF will have a huge ES, anybody who wants that costume can surely get one.

I think XM's Traditional Costume will be awesome (excellent QC and smaller ES than SS, different pose) and it'll be interesting if they tweak the costume like they tend to do. I'm surely going to secure one, but I agree, I'd like a different costume.

My choices are:
1. Classic Black Costume, whether Symbiote or Cloth versions (differentiated by the placement of the web shooters).
2. Classic Costume, yeah technically it's the traditional costume, but I specifically mean old style spider symbol, under arm webs, pre-McFarlane eyes, styled straight out if Spidey's high school/college days.

The problem with other costumes is they don't have the timeless appeal. Most people will have one Spidey so they want the familiar. There's less like us who want other versions, but hopefully we'll get them sooner or later.

Yea I agree that there might not be as many looking for the other costumes, but with XM's policies and creativity and talent I see any suit (other than stupid spider ham or monkey) selling out just as well and quickly as any other. And for the lesser known they could always do a smaller ES (300 to 500 would still be fine).

My list of one's I'd like to see XM do:

Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly - with blue hoodie)
Scarlet Spider (Kaine circa 2012 series)
Spiderman Noir
Spiderman 2099
Superior Spiderman
Classic spiderman with webbed pits (McFarlane style)
Spider Gwen
Iron Spiderman
Spiderman Unlimited
Symbiote (not back in black, because I want the different Web shooting pose instead of the normal wrist way)
Bag Man (this would just be hilarious to have)
Silk
Lady Spider
Spiderman (India)
Stealth Suit Spiderman (maybe)

Hahhahah

madmanny
02-10-2015, 01:17 AM
Spidey is under the marvel cinematic universe yayyyyyyyyyy. Maybe make this day even greater with a sneak of the xm spidey

Sharkey
02-10-2015, 01:22 AM
Spidey is under the marvel cinematic universe yayyyyyyyyyy. Maybe make this day even greater with a sneak of the xm spidey

Wait what?! When was this revealed?! Links please!

StringKeyRhythm
02-10-2015, 01:29 AM
http://kotaku.com/spider-man-can-finally-join-the-other-marvel-movies-1684857702?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Now an XM preview perhaps?:)

Sharkey
02-10-2015, 02:45 AM
OMFG YES!!!! The better do an amazing job recreating the Iron Spider suit! God I so can't wait!

KELPIE
03-10-2015, 03:22 AM
How are we going here, any update?

AlbertR213
03-20-2015, 02:00 PM
I would love to see them do a venom!
I don't know if they confirmed they were releasing a spiderman related statue but I asked them on Facebook and got this...

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/albertr213/824D604D-5D18-4C06-8BA4-EDDC9A485C5F_zpshonqr1nw.png (http://s942.photobucket.com/user/albertr213/media/824D604D-5D18-4C06-8BA4-EDDC9A485C5F_zpshonqr1nw.png.html)

azurepred
03-20-2015, 02:42 PM
DR Oct will prolly be the first......which I have no interest in. It will be hard for them to make a Blue/Red Spidey that is any better then what has already been done.

Sharkey
03-20-2015, 02:46 PM
DR Oct will prolly be the first......which I have no interest in. It will be hard for them to make a Blue/Red Spidey that is any better then what has already been done.

That is fine by me, we have gotten nothing but him (pretty much), so it is time for the many other suits/versions.

I would be set with a company that just did spiderman pieces honestly. (as long as no wasted museum poses)

azurepred
03-20-2015, 02:56 PM
yea, they could do symbiote, iron spidey, scarlet, 2099, etc. There are a lot of costumes SS hasn't done or ones that could be improved upon. Not sure I'd pay $800 for any of them though. That's why I don't buy most of XM's stuff to begin with.

Sharkey
03-20-2015, 02:58 PM
yea, they could do symbiote, iron spidey, scarlet, 2099, etc. There are a lot of costumes SS hasn't done or ones that could be improved upon. Not sure I'd pay $800 for any of them though. That's why I don't buy most of XM's stuff to begin with.

Yea... That is definitely a limiting factor that made me have to write out a list of characters and hand it to the missus so she keeps me in check and I don't just grab anything that is cool looking by XM.

azurepred
03-20-2015, 03:01 PM
I don't collect too much superheros, so outside of Wolverine, Venom and Spiderman, I'm able to hold myself back. A kick ass Venom... I would defn be willing to shell out the cash since I sold my SS piece.

Sharkey
03-20-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't collect too much superheros, so outside of Wolverine, Venom and Spiderman, I'm able to hold myself back. A kick ass Venom... I would defn be willing to shell out the cash since I sold my SS piece.

Yea, my main thing is Spiderman (and some of his villians), Magneto, and a small subset of X-men.

rhy
03-20-2015, 05:42 PM
A 1/4 scale McFarlane styled Spidey w/ Erick Sosa sculpting or advising will be EPIC.

Thor57
03-20-2015, 05:46 PM

Go to Resinworx and check out the Venom there under upcoming.

The Mule
03-20-2015, 06:56 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath for anything Resinworx. Preorder times are biblical to say the least, those things have been "coming soon" for years. No answers to emails, ever. RW does amazing pieces, but it's a pain to deal with.
If people go full paranoid for XM and giving their money to people who sometimes take a while to answer to emails, I can't imagine if they had to buy from RW.

Sharkey
03-20-2015, 06:57 PM

Yea, I've seen that but it has aparently been there for a long time, so not sure the ETA on it, but it does look great (as long as that is not some crappy movie costume on spidey).

azurepred
03-20-2015, 11:39 PM
yea, not too interested in a custom Venom. There have been some good ones, but unless I find a custom piece ready to ship within a week, I don't bother anymore. I liked their Wolverine, but no way would I pay the aftermarket prices on them. There will always be more Wolverine.

khrisc
03-26-2015, 06:56 PM
XM show us spiderman already even if it is just a sketch! :)

Agähnim
05-05-2015, 03:20 PM
Has there been any word on Spiderman stuff? :vortex:

Apetina
05-05-2015, 03:33 PM
My bet is that they have some kind of restriction with Marvel/disney and sideshow. When Sideshow releases his Spidey XM could do the same.

As popular as Spidey is, it's very odd that XM hasn't show it out yet...

Is pure speculation btw!

The Mule
05-05-2015, 03:57 PM
I find it smart to avoid Spider Man for now.
There are a couple of 1:4 SM out there already and you can bet that many of those who already own the Comiquette or the PF have their eyes on XM.
And what they're looking for is a good number of 1:4 villains that were never done before. Also, the selling prices of the Iron Spidey and Black Spidey statues (near to comiquette and PF prices) suggests that people would also be down for different costumes like the 2099, which is just a reason more not to do a Spidey in classic costume right now.

Agähnim
05-05-2015, 09:02 PM
You may be right, but I can't see them doing spiderman in something outside of his classic design, with the typical xm touch added to it of course. This is my most anticipated line so either way I can't wait for things to start moving. I'm hoping Mark doesn't get burnt out by the time they start manufacturing these characters.

Spidey976
05-05-2015, 10:17 PM
I find it smart to avoid Spider Man for now.
There are a couple of 1:4 SM out there already and you can bet that many of those who already own the Comiquette or the PF have their eyes on XM.
And what they're looking for is a good number of 1:4 villains that were never done before. Also, the selling prices of the Iron Spidey and Black Spidey statues (near to comiquette and PF prices) suggests that people would also be down for different costumes like the 2099, which is just a reason more not to do a Spidey in classic costume right now.

My guess is there is a restriction in terms of who has to go first, AND let's face it does XM want to go whole hog on a design BEFORE SSC releases better pics of theirs? Martin Canale is doing the new PF in a dynamic action pose, and we all know he is a master. If I was XM I would sit back see what SSC shows, and then give the community something equally special, but unique and dynamic in its own way. They don't need to out compete SSC because many will consider both, but I am sure they want to do some special and different to reward their fans AND to stretch their creative muscle.