PDA

View Full Version : The Official XM Accessories thread

Tavegg
09-22-2014, 06:40 PM
Hey fellow statue collectors!

I don't really post here often but seeing as how XM has their own dedicated section at this website you will be seeing me post here much more often.

I wanted to do a poll to gauge interest in non marvel related accessories for XM statues. I am a huge fan of xm studios and I have been following them since the first Captain America pictures were teased.

So here's what I'm saying... would you guys like to see XM make additional stuff for their statues for display purposes? Trash Can, Fire hydrant, Lamp post, Mail box, bullet catridges, etc. Maybe a base with a destroyed NYC cab that their incredible Hulk could stand on? Anything goes!!!

My name is James. Pleasure to meet you all. Curious to hear your thoughts on this idea!!!

Mister Ski
09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
But of course!

built2shred
09-22-2014, 06:48 PM
Optional Bases would be pretty sweet !!!!!

Have the cab almost completely flatten with Hulk standing on it :)

supermetroid
09-22-2014, 07:22 PM
Idk, I think it would be too expensive for something only a few would buy imo. XM already gives us plenty of options anyways lol

wanderlai
09-22-2014, 07:28 PM
http://cutelypoisoned.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/stone-cold-steve-austin-wallpapers1.jpg

built2shred
09-22-2014, 07:31 PM
Idk, I think it would be too expensive for something only a few would buy imo. XM already gives us plenty of options anyways lol

True.... I rather them be working on Brown Wolverine then making trash cans and light posts. :)

SideShowJoe
09-22-2014, 07:47 PM
True.... I rather them be working on Brown Wolverine then making trash cans and light posts. :)

This….:rolleyes2

SJ

loricstone
09-22-2014, 07:49 PM
To answer your question....

YES!!! Absolutely!!!

JP Sarri
09-22-2014, 08:00 PM
Hey fellow statue collectors!

I don't really post here often but seeing as how XM has their own dedicated section at this website you will be seeing me post here much more often.

I wanted to do a poll to gauge interest in non marvel related accessories for XM statues. I am a huge fan of xm studios and I have been following them since the first Captain America pictures were teased.

So here's what I'm saying... would you guys like to see XM make additional stuff for their statues for display purposes? Trash Can, Fire hydrant, Lamp post, Mail box, bullet catridges, etc. Maybe a base with a destroyed NYC cab that their incredible Hulk could stand on? Anything goes!!!

My name is James. Pleasure to meet you all. Curious to hear your thoughts on this idea!!!

I'm with you, Tavegg. It would be freaking awesome!!!

By the way; nice to find you in a place other than the freak show, buddy. :thumbs2:

Nidgit
09-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Just amended the thread title so it's clear for everyone that this thread is for the discussion of official XM accessories and not aftermarket customs. Thanks.

felixckf
09-22-2014, 10:43 PM
i really want a base for iron man mark7 to match his mates

built2shred
09-22-2014, 11:42 PM
i really want a base for iron man mark7 to match his mates

The Mark 7 is a movie version, there suppose to do a comic version of Iron Man down the road to match the other ones...

But I think I'm going to steal the idea from one of the moderators where you put black fabric over the base of the Mark 7 so it looks like Iron Man is flying behind the rest of the Avengers :)

Thor57
09-22-2014, 11:49 PM
B2Shred, I think Bryan said they werent sure on the Comic Iron Man. I may be way off base.

As for the discussion, I'd be in. I asked Bryan along time ago, when they changed the Hawkeye base, that they should still mass produce the stair case and sell it. It would be a great addition to add some other non XM pieces to the rosters. SS Vision or the latest Campell Spider-Man, or custom pieces. I'm thinking of having ARH Hercules customized into Marvel's Herc and SS Vamp into a Scarlet Witch, and I'd need bases for them that match.

Bryan said its a thought thats crossed their minds and something they think about.

Tavegg
09-23-2014, 03:10 AM
Optional Bases would be pretty sweet !!!!!

Have the cab almost completely flatten with Hulk standing on it :)

Great minds think alike bro.... An amazing concept that I think so many would stand behind. Count me in for this idea if it ever comes to fruition.

See I thought about this.... which is why I made mention of non marvel related accessories. ... The licensing fees alone eat up so much of these statue companies margin.... Imagine marvel having no say in it whatsoever!!! IF the accessories were just cool general objects that meshed well with the statue but had no marvel influence....... I think these types of extras could be so much more affordable then we think.... And I agree with your sentiments about the extra options that are already provided via xm but theres no denying a crushed NYC taxi cab thrown into the mix of the avengers base theme could be so epic! !!!!! IMAGINE being able to customize your own 1/4 scale NYC diorama!!!! Now that's powerful!!!!

This….:rolleyes2

SJ

For the purpose of this thread let's pretend a Brown Wolverine already exists. As in let's just say it didn't effect any potential pending characters or future projects...... Would you feel differently? Playing devils advocate here of course

I'm with you, Tavegg. It would be freaking awesome!!!

By the way; nice to find you in a place other than the freak show, buddy. :thumbs2:

Thanks for the warm welcome buddy

built2shred
09-23-2014, 11:46 AM
I think accessories could be cool, like the taxi idea, but if it caused delays in them releasing their statues then I'm not sure.. If it didn't cause any delays then sure I'm all for it..

XM STUDIOS
09-25-2014, 07:09 PM
We are open to any types of accessory ideas . From weapons to sign boards , hydrant to street lamp any thing that can add onto your current collections to make them look better .

Bobfrog
09-25-2014, 07:24 PM
We are open to any types of accessory ideas . From weapons to sign boards , hydrant to street lamp any thing that can add onto your current collections to make them look better .

Awesome, welcome guys!

immortalblade
09-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I would like to see a certain generic shield, hammer, and surfboard to go with the Thanos base.

Tavegg
09-25-2014, 08:03 PM
I would like to see a certain generic shield, hammer, and surfboard to go with the Thanos base.

Oh... I like this idea

Or even a rifle for Cap

vorpoll
09-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Oh... I like this idea

Or even a rifle for Cap

A rifle for the base or for the Cap statue? I vote both.

Unmasked Steve Rodgers head maybe.

Since most of the bases are based on the destruction of NYC how about some Chitauri parts, weapons or armor. They could be used on any of the statues so far. Well Cap, Hulk and Hawkeye at least

Tavegg
09-25-2014, 09:28 PM
A rifle for the base or for the Cap statue? I vote both.

Unmasked Steve Rodgers head maybe.

Since most of the bases are based on the destruction of NYC how about some Chitauri parts, weapons or armor. They could be used on any of the statues so far. Well Cap, Hulk and Hawkeye at least

Hmmmm.... Would it be to much to ask for both? Nah of course not. Both it is!!!

Yeah exactly!!!!! I would undoubtedly spend a ton of cash buying up a resin NYC. I'm not a hot toys fan at all but I will say some of the scenes people have custom made for their figs look so awesome!!!! If XM gave us the opportunity to do that in 1/4 scale accessories.... well damn..... I'll just have to make different use of the guest bedroom!!

vorpoll
09-25-2014, 09:45 PM
I would like the older shield for Cap as well but not sure how it would look on this statue and costume. Maybe with an alternate head n base. Like a German Tank top or something

Hellsbells51
09-26-2014, 12:19 AM
I like the idea Tavegg, I brought this up to Bowen before, but nothing came of it. The only thing that I would worry about is cost. I would think it'd be cheaper to get custom stuff for cheaper here in the US. Not knocking the idea at all because I'd love to see it, but the cost of the item plus shipping from Singapore can reach up to what a Bowen FS statue would cost (depending on the item)! If there's a cost effective way to do it....sure, I'm all for it!

mufizal
09-26-2014, 12:30 AM
Just my 2 cents.

Alot of thought is put into Every piece of statue that is created .
Everything from the 2mm tilt of the head vs the angle of the feet
- to the crease / dirt that is placed at a certain location to
emphasize a certain movement or body language.

Dont want to speak on behalf of XM here, but personally ,
every additional part that was created was carefully thought
of in terms of positioning and expression. as well as seamless
connectivity .

so in my humble opinion . creating extra accessories is a very
interesting proposition indeed. and XM has single handedly
created a perfect platform for this.

However , ALOT of consideration needs to be taken into
account for each new part for it to work seamlessly with
the already existing statues.

Cost and license is also another issue. but that is a whole
can of worms i am not at liberty nor would like to comment on ;)

again..
just my 2 cents.

Mufizal

SONICobra
09-26-2014, 12:58 AM
while its not a terrible idea I just don't think its a viable option for mass produced collectibles. aside from figuring out how many to make and try and sell (on top of selling the statue itself) to make the designing and producing of said accessory profitable - it would delay the designing and producing of new pieces all together.

from a personal standpoint - i hate clutter. these statues and intricate bases are pretty well thought out and look just right the way they are designed. adding additional elements would detract from the piece as a whole imo

Tavegg
09-26-2014, 02:34 AM
I like the idea Tavegg, I brought this up to Bowen before, but nothing came of it. The only thing that I would worry about is cost. I would think it'd be cheaper to get custom stuff for cheaper here in the US. Not knocking the idea at all because I'd love to see it, but the cost of the item plus shipping from Singapore can reach up to what a Bowen FS statue would cost (depending on the item)! If there's a cost effective way to do it....sure, I'm all for it!

What's up dude? Good to see a familiar name. Hope all has been well man.

I agree with your thoughts implicitly. Cost would be a major factor. Shipping cost would still be a large expense to take into consideration in additon . Not sure what something like a rifle or different themed base (think of the original Hawkeye base) would cost but I'm thinking the cost would be feasible without the licensing fees having to be paid to marvel.

XM STUDIOS
09-26-2014, 01:54 PM
yes we are looking into non license accessory . Imagine putting a ammo crate on the SS deadpool with rocket launcher , grenade and some weapons

loricstone
09-26-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds like you guys are already thinking ten steps ahead.

So exciting. Can't wait for a Deadpool. Hell I can't wait for anything you guys do. XM completest of 1/4 here.

Hellsbells51
09-26-2014, 02:50 PM
What's up dude? Good to see a familiar name. Hope all has been well man.

I agree with your thoughts implicitly. Cost would be a major factor. Shipping cost would still be a large expense to take into consideration in additon . Not sure what something like a rifle or different themed base (think of the original Hawkeye base) would cost but I'm thinking the cost would be feasible without the licensing fees having to be paid to marvel.

Hey what's up brotha! Yeah, getting into these XM statues through our mutual buddy. All is def well...hope the same for you!

In regards to the accessesories, yeah maybe a rifle, but if you're talking a crushed vehicle or something...that's gonna cost you a Bowen statue...lol! Some might be down for it, but I don't know...it'd have to blow my mind. I'd love to see the possibilities though! A crushed NYC taxi cab or tank might be worth buying.

equi-nox76
09-26-2014, 06:25 PM
I don't need more additional parts, usually I choose one option and never change it again.