11-10-2014, 05:45 AM
http://i.imgur.com/rSX5S7o.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EL9FJ7P.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8cUpnh9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NApfzrJ.jpg

XM Studios Classic Cable concept pic are out

http://i.imgur.com/iVG9oPU.jpg

Quote from their facebook page.
Hi guys here is our cable concept art .....approved by marvel.. Alejandro Pereira Studio will be doing the 3d sculp....stay tune..

Update (http://imgur.com/a/nIUCA)

Update 1 (http://imgur.com/a/GUUoM)

Update 2 (http://imgur.com/a/pOkrf)

Update 3 (http://imgur.com/a/fdQJa)

Who is Cable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3IpUFB2SZY

Statueloverlee
11-10-2014, 05:51 AM
OMG!! This is sick!! From the pic, seem is another MUST buy!! Really have to save more money to prepare for any XM studios future product!! XM studios is always make our collector surprise and create the statue that we collector unable to pass. Good job!! XM studios!!!

magneticsoul
11-10-2014, 06:09 AM
XM X-Men line is undoubtedly amazing. Congratulations for those who ordered it. Still waiting for Spiderman line though, hope as good as this line

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the post mate, just saw these on FB. Looks excellent. Really like the arm over shoulder pose. Arm with gun out doesn't look quite as good but its a great start.

Dusk - maybe you could start off a trend by including the sculptor's name in the heading i.e. just add on 'by Alejandro Pereira studio';)

The Mule
11-10-2014, 06:33 AM
I'm shocked that Sideshow teased a Cable PF an unspecified amount of time ago (a lot) and still nothing has been shown, while XM just had its characters approved a few weeks ago and here is the concept art.

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 06:35 AM
maybe this art was done a while back so it was ready to tease soon after the approvals came through?

Thor57
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM
Really digging the canon on shoulder pose. Looks really good.

The Mule
11-10-2014, 06:47 AM
maybe this art was done a while back so it was ready to tease soon after the approvals came through?

Most likely. If this is the case, I still wonder why XM (and other companies) seem to manage ahead of time these details, while Sideshow doesn't.

By the way, looks like an amazing concept. Incredible potential for the head sculpt here with the particular facial traits that Cable has, switch outs look great too.
What is the base about? I'm not much into cable, is it from a specific storyline?

JP Sarri
11-10-2014, 06:51 AM
Dang!!!! **** got real!!

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Another instant buy for me! This is looking just like all their other statues...awesome!!!

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 07:18 AM
I'm shocked that Sideshow teased a Cable PF an unspecified amount of time ago (a lot) and still nothing has been shown, while XM just had its characters approved a few weeks ago and here is the concept art.

Man, been a long time since I read anything with Cable in it. Looks like some sorta post apocalyptic junk, maybe the jet engine / wing of something. \

Yeah I just dont know what it is with SS. Maybe two many pies with their fingers dipped in so they pick things up start them and then move onto something else. This will be a quick sell out piece I'd imagine (dont have to be a betting man to work that one out but thought I'd say it anyway).

ambasah
11-10-2014, 07:26 AM
the concept looks great!

not a character I am into, but congrats to everyone who wanted a 1/4 scale version of him.

Eltjar
11-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Looking great so far and mostly like a instant buy for me!

The alternate pose definitely needs an alternate head/face. The expression really isn't matching the pose.
A screaming or growling mouth would support the pose perfectly.

I'm pretty sure they are working on that already, but you know.. just in case :dork:

SuperJ300
11-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Yesssss!

I've been waiting for this!

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 08:14 AM
Great concept for museum pose, but I prefer more dynamic. Is the metal arm going to be Chromed?

Also, does this mean XM got the green light for X-Men?

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 08:33 AM
Great concept for museum pose, but I prefer more dynamic. Is the metal arm going to be Chromed?

Also, does this mean XM got the green light for X-Men?

Yep, agreed. Not overly keen on all the recent concepts with static poses. Personally I prefer those only on the big hitters e.g. cap holding the flag or thor being arrogant where it suits the character. This and she hulk come across as though they are posing for a photo shoot.

If they just twisted his torso, had him pointing his gun at the viewer with his right arm it would look a lot better. Then you could still have a SO left arm with gun over shoulder or held out in more active pose. Just my preference though but I hope XM does venture more into the more active poses. The statue world needs something a bit newer rather than plain old poser / static stances.

nexus
11-10-2014, 08:37 AM
Looks cool. I'm not a big fan of Cable but will still likely pick this up.

Rooper
11-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Been waiting for the next X-Men figure. Not my first choice, but intrigued nonetheless. Awesome!

The Mule
11-10-2014, 08:49 AM
A fellow collector suggested that a 1/4 Hope in his arm would make a killer switch out. I'm not into the character, but for those who are, I think they could hardly resist dem feelings.

SNIKT
11-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Hoping the portrait is going to be good and I hope he's going to be more "jacked" in the actual sculpt. Cable was always a big and built dude. Will be picking this up for sure.

ScootS
11-10-2014, 09:24 AM
Man, been a long time since I read anything with Cable in it. Looks like some sorta post apocalyptic junk, maybe the jet engine / wing of something. \

Yeah I just dont know what it is with SS. Maybe two many pies with their fingers dipped in so they pick things up start them and then move onto something else. This will be a quick sell out piece I'd imagine (dont have to be a betting man to work that one out but thought I'd say it anyway).

Feels very "Askani-son" to me ...

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 09:29 AM
Feels very "Askani-son" to me ...

good read?

ScootS
11-10-2014, 09:35 AM
good read?

It did leave quite an impression on me ... but man! ... that's what.. almost 20 years back?

Dusk
11-10-2014, 09:37 AM
Looks cool. I'm not a big fan of Cable but will still likely pick this up.

Same here. This looks great and it would go great with the rumored Deadpool by XM! :thumbs2:

http://i.imgur.com/0rhQpMq.jpg

Bobfrog
11-10-2014, 09:45 AM
It did leave quite an impression on me ... but man! ... that's what.. almost 20 years back?

I missed that one. Was during my few year's hiatus from comics during Uni...too many study, beers and chasing ladies left me not a lot of time for anything else, lol :)

But yeah last time I read anything with him in was probably liefield's x-force!!

Askani81
11-10-2014, 09:52 AM
Great concept but I personally feel that a more dynamic pose would suit Cable better as he is a born and bred soldier who is always at war against the heroes or villains for the good of the future..

actionjackson83
11-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Holy crap woke up to this great bit of news what a nice surprise. Some getting this, i've been waiting so long for a Cable statue.

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Like the pose, don't love it. The scuplt would be amazing I would assume. Hope the arm is chromed, not painted.

I would prefer a Cable with a more actiony pose. He is a character that is rarely standing still. He is a time hopping, gun totting, bad ass SOB. His pose should reflect that.

I would like maybe a rifle holding arm in front like hes running with it to balance it or something. Maybe a change of head with his eye power working (resin yellow or something akin to SS Supes heat vision) and that head screaming or something. Then use that head with his gun arm out shooting.

Askani81
11-10-2014, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't mind a COH with the left side of the face partially infected with the organic virus. The alternate pose seems a bit weird. Not sure why he is holding the gun in that manner.

SideShowJoe
11-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Holly hell omg!! Looks incredible another buy for me pre order next year though please!! This is just asking the lines as cool as thanos in my book!!

Can't wait to see more

Sarah Joe

StringKeyRhythm
11-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Im not that big of a fan of Cable. With that, this statue is too good to pass up. I'm really liking the gun over the shoulder pose. Another home run by XM!

Shadowfax
11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Sideshow falling asleep at the wheel...again

XM hits another one out of the park and gets my money...again

Demona
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Whew. Glad I only collect lovely lady characters.

Or I would be hurtin!

This looks fabulous. And it's different enough from Bowen to make Cable fans very happy.

Did XM get to open some small flood gates with the XM license? I thought Jean might be the last one they could get released, but here comes Cable.

VS1976
11-10-2014, 10:53 AM
Is it just me or is XM doing all the statues that SSC ain't doing? Could we see a Juggernault on the horizon next?

Demona
11-10-2014, 10:56 AM
For the X-Men I'd say that's totally true.

And look how people have gone bananas. It's not like Sideshow didn't know what fans wanted :)

I will be perfectly content owning an XM Storm and Sideshow Storm

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 11:00 AM
I hoping for Juggernaut too!!

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 11:01 AM

I have been wondering about SS and their lack of attention to the Marvel 1/4 scale line and here is what I think. This is just my theory that is based on some statements that have been made and events that have happened.

Sideshow wasn't exactly happy with Marvel awarding XM a license (even though it was not for the US). I remember reading a post by Igo basically saying it was a surprise to them.

Then there was the recent legal snafu between Marvel and Fox over the XMen rights and anything XMen related got put on indefinite hold until the legal issue was resolved. (I am not entirely certain that it has been resolved, but XM is getting Xmen related approvals - Phoenix and Cable - so maybe it is over).

Finally, SS has been primarily focused on thier CotD line, so most other product lines (except DC) seem to have taken a back seat recently. It makes sense from SS's perspective as they don't have to pay licensing rights for the CotD products, which means better profit margins.

I wonder if Sideshow will continue to focus on properties that they own and eventually start shedding other product licenses that are not as profitable for them.

Just my .02

DeadGhostKnight
11-10-2014, 11:20 AM
The first XM piece i am actually like "oh my god i need this".

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 11:21 AM
The first XM piece i am actually like "oh my god i need this".

I am surprised it's not Magneto. :confused2

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 11:24 AM
I have been wondering about SS and their lack of attention to the Marvel 1/4 scale line and here is what I think. This is just my theory that is based on some statements that have been made and events that have happened.

Sideshow wasn't exactly happy with Marvel awarding XM a license (even though it was not for the US). I remember reading a post by Igo basically saying it was a surprise to them.

Then there was the recent legal snafu between Marvel and Fox over the XMen rights and anything XMen related got put on indefinite hold until the legal issue was resolved. (I am not entirely certain that it has been resolved, but XM is getting Xmen related approvals - Phoenix and Cable - so maybe it is over).

Finally, SS has been primarily focused on thier CotD line, so most other product lines (except DC) seem to have taken a back seat recently. It makes sense from SS's perspective as they don't have to pay licensing rights for the CotD products, which means better profit margins.

I wonder if Sideshow will continue to focus on properties that they own and eventually start shedding other product licenses that are not as profitable for them.

Just my .02

Been thinking the same. Marvel even did a video of the GG Black Widow on their youtube channel. They don't do that for SSC merchandise. Also GG seem to be the only onces with 1/4 statur for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel shouldn't award exclusive licenses anyways. Let them all have a shot at 1/4 statues. Thr consumer will get better products from it.

DeadGhostKnight
11-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I am surprised it's not Magneto. :confused2

I don't really like Magneto as a character, i don't mind him but i haven't got $800 of love for him that's for sure.

Cable though....i got $800 of man-love for him lol.

DeadGhostKnight
11-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Been thinking the same. Marvel even did a video of the GG Black Widow on their youtube channel. They don't do that for SSC merchandise. Also GG seem to be the only onces with 1/4 statur for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel shouldn't award exclusive licenses anyways. Let them all have a shot at 1/4 statues. Thr consumer will get better products from it.

SS do have the GOTG license they teased a Star Lord PF....probably show up once GOTG2 is out.

Bmutha
11-10-2014, 11:29 AM

I am shocked that in a relatively short period of time, XM has managed to tackle so many fan favourite characters...Magneto, Phoenix, Thanos, and now Cable...that Sideshow has either been unable or unwilling to do in 1:4 scale in 20 years.

The Mule
11-10-2014, 11:30 AM
SS do have the GOTG license they teased a Star Lord PF....probably show up once GOTG2 is out.

I wouldn't hold my breath on that too. A few people asked already and Alex basically pushed them towards GG and Hot Toys. The message was pretty much "don't expect anything from us". It's probably a Hobbit 2.0 scenario, they someway have the license, don't use it and everything is in a limbo.

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I am shocked that in a relatively short period of time, XM has managed to tackle so many fan favourite characters...Magneto, Phoenix, Thanos, and now Cable...that Sideshow has either been unable or unwilling to do in 1:4 scale in 20 years.

It is because they participate with their fans. They are a small growing company. The best way to get a foot hold and grow is to do what the market doesnt have yet.

They know we wanted phoenix, magneto, Cable. They also threw out classic avengers to really help the notability with this characters.

Next we might see A Juggs or Prof X since those have been wanted from SS for ages.

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 11:39 AM
It is because they participate with their fans. They are a small growing company. The best way to get a foot hold and grow is to do what the market doesnt have yet.

They know we wanted phoenix, magneto, Cable. They also threw out classic avengers to really help the notability with this characters.

Next we might see A Juggs or Prof X since those have been wanted from SS for ages.

I know this beloings in the wish list thread, but I would love to see

Havok (classic black costume)
Mr Sinister
Archangel
Juggernaut
Prof X

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 11:40 AM

You forgot to mention Thanos. I have been wanting a Thanos 1/4th scale for 3 loooong years. Finally my prayer has been answered!

Peedi
11-10-2014, 11:44 AM
XM X-Men line is undoubtedly amazing. Congratulations for those who ordered it. Still waiting for Spiderman line though, hope as good as this line

YES

Don't be shocked. That's just typical sideshow. Amazing Spider-Man PF, Hobbit PFs, Arkham PFs, Cable PF, Phoenix, GotG, Mara Jade....the list goes on. They just have too much going on and some things get lost.

Sideshow falling asleep at the wheel...again

XM hits another one out of the park and gets my money...again

Is it just me or is XM doing all the statues that SSC ain't doing? Could we see a Juggernault on the horizon next?

Sideshow did indeed have a Cable PF in the works, the artwork was teased in last year's calendar. His upper body was covered by the Alien artwork so only his lower half was seen. I remember saying it was Cable in some thread, people swore me down it wasn't Cable, and Igo stepped in and said it was Cable.

No specifics were given but he said the project was put on hiatus.

Possible victim of the Fox stuff when all that started, but he didn't say.

For the X-Men I'd say that's totally true.

And look how people have gone bananas. It's not like Sideshow didn't know what fans wanted :)

I will be perfectly content owning an XM Storm and Sideshow Storm

Agreed on owning SS and XM Storm...! I have Ex and White versions. I'm guessing XM will do the same costume...not sure I need 3 Storm's in the same costume though, as much as I like Storm.

You mean once it's out on home video. Apparently, and I believe it was SSAlex who said so, it will be a long time before any GoTG product will be released due to some unmentioned reason. She even directed people to GG for their Groot/Rocket statue since the Rocket PF is in whatever status it's in.

Anyway, another interesting visual from XM. The X-Men are in good hands.

Y3E
11-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Thank goodness I have no interest in Cable and my wallet can breathe a sigh of relief.

This look fantastic though.

XM is smart, doing statues that SS has not done. I hope there is a Nightcrawler on the horizon.

Agreed on owning SS and XM Storm...! I have Ex and White versions. I'm guessing XM will do the same costume...not sure I need 3 Storm's in the same costume though, as much as I like Storm.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 1/4 mohawk Storm.

Peedi
11-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Thank goodness I have no interest in Cable and my wallet can breathe a sigh of relief.

This look fantastic though.

XM is smart, doing statues that SS has not done. I hope there is a Nightcrawler on the horizon.

I don't want Nightcrawler. I NEED Nightcrawler. Lol.

I wouldn't mind a 1/4 Mohawk Storm as long as it's the classic 80s punk rock version, not the newer version which I think looks dumb. I really need the white Jim Lee costume of my childhood but I suppose that's a waiting game with SS.

I need a Classic Cockrum/Byrne style Cyclops to pair up with XM Phoenix, too. XM is showing the Summers clan all this attention, might as well throw in the main man, too.

SONICobra
11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
that looks... INCREDIBLE :eek:

chunkster702
11-10-2014, 12:10 PM
Dang that looks cool. Lose towel around the neck.

Hellsbells51
11-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Looks great...just not into this style Cable though. Pass for me.

MagnumOpus
11-10-2014, 12:57 PM
I can't find the right image but you can get what I want to mean! What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/ejy21wI.jpg

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Are you guys ready for the 3D images?

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Let it out!!!!!! :goodpost:

actionjackson83
11-10-2014, 01:22 PM
I WANNA SEEEE!!!

Y3E
11-10-2014, 01:22 PM
I don't want Nightcrawler. I NEED Nightcrawler. Lol.

I wouldn't mind a 1/4 Mohawk Storm as long as it's the classic 80s punk rock version, not the newer version which I think looks dumb. I really need the white Jim Lee costume of my childhood but I suppose that's a waiting game with SS.

I need a Classic Cockrum/Byrne style Cyclops to pair up with XM Phoenix, too. XM is showing the Summers clan all this attention, might as well throw in the main man, too.

Definitely the Mohawk Storm as created by Paul Smith.

Dome head Cyclops would be great too.

extremethanos
11-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Yes please

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Are you guys ready for the 3D images?

Dude that is weak, you cant just say that and walk away, I NEED this:psycho:

keewan
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
He posted the pictures on FB.

A R E S
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Seen the 3d pictures on facebook. This guy is amazing. Paint it and fire up the pre order.

Apetina
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10712823_1465499103670784_4025889510463265_n.jpg?oh=85d55b81809012d5b17b5211e192614e&oe=54E31F52

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10731057_1465499117004116_8786753778231663332_n.jpg?oh=dc61a44565fbcec1e61a97f8e0409d72&oe=54E7618C

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10473762_1465499127004115_8254984252396996817_n.jpg?oh=10662ac79074dc9bae85663ca3405aa1&oe=54DF1E00

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10614320_1465499147004113_368763626100727022_n.jpg?oh=0e5d40e93e485671628a8f04909a1542&oe=551C7491&__gda__=1423040288_1563f476df95c15b48b51926d2552d6e

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10467054_1465499163670778_2880821557461061695_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10376931_1465499190337442_4186561504507616680_n.jpg?oh=e1e57af49629673034559f9c9e369a23&oe=54E8D472&__gda__=1428144377_8cc7aa7e87f7a4f6a2001510af8ae1a1

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/250338_1465499207004107_4161981825431486891_n.jpg?oh=f395a7ceb343ae861f5e16a79a21b1ab&oe=54ECE946&__gda__=1423637014_f5025aae4c5f97552f160a668909033e

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10623439_1465499230337438_8638447662680362487_o.jpg

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10553865_1465499247004103_2928195978273688266_o.jpg

Apetina
11-10-2014, 01:36 PM
https://scontent-a-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10730918_1465499267004101_6826984603073162373_n.jpg?oh=a66ee564782c7563082e7d9b169419db&oe=54EEE484

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10431572_1465499290337432_3353620136392809961_n.jpg?oh=ca403c991c64982577fe3230a43768a5&oe=54E7182B&__gda__=1424771707_9a70d01306d416d9ba80f7a3eb1c5b93

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/10011899_1465499320337429_1372509071022426707_o.jpg

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Guys this is WIP.... Don't throw stones at me . Be gentle please .

Statueloverlee
11-10-2014, 01:40 PM
This is another GRAIL piece!! :jawd:

Spidey976
11-10-2014, 01:41 PM
WOW that looks awesome.

Vru

Are you crazy???? It's amazing!!! I am euphoric

VS1976
Can the base be big enough lol....

On another note, I would like an Rob Liefeld art instead... :confused2

loricstone

You mean...could we see just about every other character on the horizon not named Hulk, Cap, or Wolverine.

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Yes, but the problem is the WIP looks better as most of another company released stuff. :)

Apetina
11-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Nah!! It's not bad for doing it in one day (concept 2D to 3D model)

:hilarious::hilarious:

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 01:48 PM
Our AD Seng is one that aren't happy with it . Still have changes to be made .

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 01:48 PM
only thing I have is that with the gun arm pointed out, his head should be looking at least near that direction. Right now he is blind shooting. I get that it is cable, but still should be looking down his sights.

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 01:50 PM
only thing I have is that with the gun arm pointed out, his head should be looking at least near that direction. Right now he is blind shooting. I get that it is cable, but still should be looking down his sights.

He is definitely not shooting .

loricstone
11-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I can't find the right image but you can get what I want to mean! What do you think?

http://i.imgur.com/ejy21wI.jpg

Nice try but I think you need to let XM and APE do the tweaks. Concepts people are just that...concepts. With digital 3d...everything can be moved, changed, altered, they might even make a different base or pose for Cable once the main model is done.

Just wait until we get further into the process of seeing close to finish digital character.

THEN all these opinions can start shooting out of the cannon...which I am sure they will.:laugh:

EDIT: I see the process is futher along than I thought. My apologies.

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Start shooting now , I am geared up ......

loricstone
11-10-2014, 01:55 PM

If you were to release this as is painted up...it would be the best Cable evah!

Can't wait.

Formula009
11-10-2014, 01:56 PM
SO MUCH YES. I Already LOVE it!

Thor57
11-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Looks great!

Between this, and the proposed She-Hulk, stop making me want characters I said I had no emotional attachment to!

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 01:58 PM
Wow! :jawd: I am a big Cable fan and this is amazing. Too bad, i am not too fond of the one knee up pose.

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 01:58 PM
He is definitely not shooting .

I guess this picture tells me he is aiming at something. In combat you never raise your weapon unless you are ready to let it fire. So presumably he is aiming at a target, so in my mind would like to see his head looking in that direction

https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10473762_1465499127004115_8254984252396996817_n.jpg?oh=10662ac79074dc9bae85663ca3405aa1&oe=54DF1E00

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 02:00 PM
Wow! :jawd: I am a big Cable fan and this is amazing. Too bad, i am not too fond of the one knee up pose.

Honestly I see many people gripe about this type of pose. There are very few poses to give a sense of motion. If someone is walking they generally pull one knee up. The alternative would be him standing with both legs straight. How would YOU display his legs?

JP Sarri
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I guess this picture tells me he is aiming at something. In combat you never raise your weapon unless you are ready to let it fire. So presumably he is aiming at a target, so in my mind would like to see his head looking in that direction

Great point.

SNIKT
11-10-2014, 02:02 PM
I think this looks good and appreciate you revealing this to us. Everything is subjective to the individual. My personal opinion is I feel he needs to be bigger in terms of muscle. Not sure how I feel about the portrait yet but are you doing a change of head?

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 02:03 PM
How many times have it comes up in movies when someone tries a sneak attack and the heroes just raise his gun and shoot it without even looking ..........

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 02:05 PM
Honestly I see many people gripe about this type of pose. There are very few poses to give a sense of motion. If someone is walking they generally pull one knee up. The alternative would be him standing with both legs straight. How would YOU display his legs?

I would prefer him to be running and shooting at the same-time.

Something similar to this: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2013/112/4/d/xnalara_running_shooting_pose_download_by_gabrielle3richtofen-d62mfmi.jpg

Marcel54
11-10-2014, 02:07 PM
I missed out on Magneto, but I will make d***n sure that I will not miss out on this one. No matter what!!!

wanderlai
11-10-2014, 02:08 PM
How many times have it comes up in movies when someone tries a sneak attack and the heroes just raise his gun and shoot it without even looking ..........

But that's in movies...we are talking real life comics here :thinking:

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
But that's in movies...we are talking real life comics here :thinking:

Hahaha, keep it coming . I am going to sleep . 2am here .

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I would prefer him to be running and shooting at the same-time.

Something similar to this: http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/200H/i/2013/112/4/d/xnalara_running_shooting_pose_download_by_gabrielle3richtofen-d62mfmi.jpg

Please nooooooooooooooo! :sos:

immortalblade
Love the big gun on the shoulder, and not so much the 2 puny pea shooters. I'm gonna need bigger canons, much bigger.

Remember Me?
Please nooooooooooooooo! :sos:

LOL! Come on....it's not that bad.

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 02:12 PM
Love the big gun on the shoulder, and not so much the 2 puny pea shooters. I'm gonna need bigger canons, much bigger.

I agreed that his guns need to be bigger.

Statueloverlee
11-10-2014, 02:12 PM

Yes! Yes! agree! this show the hero with great skills and with the arrogant. I think Cable is this kind of hero.

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 02:13 PM

Yes not that bad, but it´s cable. I mean big muscles with big guns, not easy to run.

The Mule
11-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Please no bigger guns, let's not get into the silly Liefeld-esque designs here

Khufu
11-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Love it! 3rd favorite character - automatic pre-order for me.

Lawnknome
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Yes! Yes! agree! this show the hero with great skills and with the arrogant. I think Cable is this kind of hero.

Cable is the big action star, but at the heart he is not arrogant and is a soldier first and foremost. He would make sure he took someone down. Even if the arm is moved center a bit more. He doesnt have to be bearing down on a target with both hands on the gun. But something that is a bit closer to his central vision and not just in his periphreal.

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Wow! The 3D renderings are jaw dropping good. I am ready to PO!

ShiftyScarecrow
11-10-2014, 02:40 PM

If by stones you really mean money, then too bad cause I'm going to keep hurling it at you.
Could there be improvements? Sure but everything from here on out is icing on a cake made from awesomeness.

Y3E
11-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Wow, what detail! You don't need bigger guns. Don't listen to the collectors who want bigger guns, they're just compensating... :)

JP Sarri
11-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Cable is the big action star, but at the heart he is not arrogant and is a soldier first and foremost. He would make sure he took someone down. Even if the arm is moved center a bit more. He doesnt have to be bearing down on a target with both hands on the gun. But something that is a bit closer to his central vision and not just in his periphreal.

:laugh: don't sweat it. Some people here have never held a gun in their hands (except in Call of Duty) so they do not understand what you're saying. But your opinion makes clear sense to me. I'm a gun owner. God bless the 2nd Amendment. God bless 'Merica!

built2shred
11-10-2014, 03:00 PM

Yep, he's already spotted his target on the left and is now looking for his next target as his gun takes out the bad guy he spotted..

Hellboy
11-10-2014, 03:02 PM
No way I'll be able to pass this up. Absolutely love what we're seeing so far.

AC_808
11-10-2014, 03:03 PM

Funny thing is ...when I first saw this pic, I immediately assumed his eyes were looking in the same direction as the gun he's pointing even with his head facing forward.

It's like he just saw a target in his peripheral vision, focused his eyes towards that target without moving his head and pointed his gun.

built2shred
11-10-2014, 03:06 PM
I like how this statue can go from an Dynamic Action pose to a Museum pose with a few switch outs...

Looks cool..

Demona
11-10-2014, 03:09 PM
YES

I don't have any of her in the white (silver??) costume so I'd welcome XM doing that version.

Though I do love her look before this current mohawk version. The off the shoulder number with gold trim and the ruby in the center again.

My dream two pieces, that would work together, is Savage Land Rogue and Storm. Right up there with the XM Phoenix.

Dark Logic
11-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Hoping the portrait is going to be good and I hope he's going to be more "jacked" in the actual sculpt. Cable was always a big and built dude. Will be picking this up for sure.

Agreed..XM, PLEASE make him big, tall and buff...But man have I been waiting on this one...!!!!!! Going to be freaking awesome pose!!!!!
Thank you @#$^&* XM!!!! :drooling: I was 2 seconds away on having this guy commissioned in 1/4 for a ridiculous price..Not anymore..Now im going to pay a lessor, ridiculous price...and smile while I do it...

Demona
11-10-2014, 03:13 PM
This sculpt is crazy fun.

If I had one comment, and it's the only one I can see easily without nit-picking, it's that his cybernetic arm is too skinny. That bicep is always jacked in the comics.

loricstone
11-10-2014, 03:17 PM

Yeah...it kinda is.

avengerswalker
11-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Thank you @#$^&* XM!!!! :drooling:LOL Dad,Language:doh!:!!!XM is on a roll here.All they have to do now is make sure that their quality control stays on target.

Dark Logic
11-10-2014, 03:22 PM

If I had one comment, and it's the only one I can see easily without nit-picking, it's that his cybernetic arm is too skinny. That bicep is always jacked in the comics.

agreed..i really hope they make him more jacked as well

loricstone
11-10-2014, 03:25 PM

That I can go with Demona. His non cybernetic arm is perfect in size and musculature. The cybernetic arm I feel they could increase the diameter another 15%.

Even if they don't change a thing...I would buy it as is!

Peedi
11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
I think the body looks fine the way it is. If they increase any muscle I hope it's not by much. Id prefer not to see the little head, huge body Liefeld style. I like the muscles closer to realistic like late 90s/early 2000s style Cable rather than overblown. Plus the X-Men statues so far have all been more realistic, a too-comic influenced overly muscled Cable would be out of place.

Only thing I'd change is the reach of his bridge/forehead area. From the side profile, look at how far the bridge of the nose/forehead reaches out. Look at the length across from the bridge to the eye. Looks too extended to me.

The Mule
11-10-2014, 04:03 PM
...so, nobody else interested in a switch out left arm holding a baby Hope? :(

MagnumOpus
11-10-2014, 04:07 PM
The baby would be incredible like in the comics hanging it in front of his chest!

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 04:07 PM

This will be interesting.

Force of Nature
11-10-2014, 04:14 PM
I like where your heads are at my fellow collectors; you are certainly thinking in the right direction! :D

I like what XM Studios have been doing so far but have not bought one of their statues yet. Most likely I will pass on Cable as well since I have almost completely run out of space in my display room.
That very valuable last bit of free real estate in my display room will be reserved for the Juggernaut statue from XM Studios which I hope will be released soon. :buttrock:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/13/132286/3297137-793234-juggernaut_04.jpg

Bring it on XM Studios; I cannot wait to see how you would sculpt the unstoppable force of nature!

But until that day comes I will watch and admire your work on Cable. :D

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

I hoping for Juggernaut too!!

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 04:19 PM

The baby would be incredible like in the comics hanging it in front of his chest!

No. This is classic Askani-style Cable to me. Baby Hope doesn't belong, IMO.

A R E S
11-10-2014, 04:32 PM
But elder Hope as a companion piece would be cool. I'm thinking something like that

http://comicattack.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/xmensecondcoming.jpg

The Mule
11-10-2014, 04:42 PM
No. This is classic Askani-style Cable to me. Baby Hope doesn't belong, IMO.

Care to expand? I'm not much into the character, is he based on a different storyline? Consider that if you place Hope on his chest, it would not be easy to make it a switch out, that's why I'd opt for here in his arm, like if he was cradling her. So you can choose to have her displayed or not :)

MagnumOpus
11-10-2014, 04:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I7Z23f4.jpg

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 04:51 PM
I don´t need this baby.

Mister Ski
11-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Me either.

SNIKT
11-10-2014, 05:09 PM
not a fan of the baby but if included it's not a deal breaker for me

MagnumOpus
11-10-2014, 05:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b3UOn8D.jpg

Webb
11-10-2014, 05:31 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2nv5ao8.jpg

AC_808
11-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Oh come on!? That's too much like Hangover ...just needs shades ...:p

Eltjar
11-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Uhm, no.. just no! This is wrong on many levels. :doh!:

Cable is a no gimmick man - and i like him that way! If anything, include a second
facesculpt for different set up moods... but NO BABY, NO DEADPOOL MUPPET!!! :battherapy:

GrumpyBear
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
I don´t need this baby.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sC-9VGC95Zw/TyKHJ2dGhMI/AAAAAAAAAqA/cUSzS4Qg6bI/s200/baby-shocked-gif.gif

MagnumOpus
11-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Guys, ok, I am only doing brainstorming:) We all know that Cable and Deadpool are a team in the comics and I love their relation so I think that kind of a reference would be cool:) These subjects could be all magnetic so if you don't like them, you can display him without them easily:)

Khufu
11-10-2014, 05:56 PM
If the statue was completely unaltered with the baby being optional (similar to the blue disk magnet on SSC Gladiator Hulk), it would be a cool optional display. BUT, Cable is my main man - I love the scarf version of this character and Baby Hope would take away from the statue in my case. Its not going to be a deal breaker for me though.

SuperJ300
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/I7Z23f4.jpg

Really need the baby!:praying:

Very, very, very important!:praying:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/varone04/Cable/Cable1Cover.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/varone04/media/Cable/Cable1Cover.jpg.html)

SNIKT
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
I think the body looks fine the way it is. If they increase any muscle I hope it's not by much. Id prefer not to see the little head, huge body Liefeld style. I like the muscles closer to realistic like late 90s/early 2000s style Cable rather than overblown. Plus the X-Men statues so far have all been more realistic, a too-comic influenced overly muscled Cable would be out of place.

Only thing I'd change is the reach of his bridge/forehead area. From the side profile, look at how far the bridge of the nose/forehead reaches out. Look at the length across from the bridge to the eye. Looks too extended to me.

Yea i agree on the nose.. Not really a fan of the portrait but I'm definitely in the minority on that

DynamicMenace
11-10-2014, 06:47 PM
pretty cool. i like the portrait. love the sense of realism to it.
looks like something you wold see if he was in a live action film. an actor who is portraying him in the film.
whoever did this did a great job on the design. love the biotech arm and all the elements of the costume.
dont mine the baby if they choose to do that as a SO option.
but an alternate pissed off portrait would be a nice SO option to go along with all the others. :thumbs2:

Bartholomew
11-10-2014, 07:51 PM
No Hope. She's a horrid character, and this is not even the right costume for him to be carrying her around.

VS1976
11-10-2014, 07:55 PM
Would like the head sculpt of Cable to be a little thicker (more meat) if that makes any sense.

madmanny
11-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Keep the dead pool puppet

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 09:06 PM
I think it would be best to have hope in a switch out right arn so as to n9t force it on anyone and that way everyone is happy.

DynamicMenace
11-10-2014, 09:10 PM
yeah

khrisc
11-10-2014, 09:37 PM
no baby..its kinda freaky lol

VS1976
11-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I don't mind the baby and DP doll. Hope they get made lol

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 09:58 PM
no baby..its kinda freaky lol
L
Taking care of Hope was a significant arc for Cable. It humanized him and made him much more of a badass.

yeah it might not be exactly the same outfit but that doesn't matter. I don't want 2 or 3 cable statues. Doubt another would get made. If Hope is in a switchout arm, everyone wins.

Askani81
11-10-2014, 09:58 PM
A few things that I would like XM to consider.
1) The face is too lean.. meatier will be better.
2) Aside from the cannon, it will be better if the other two guns are slightly bigger as it goes well with Cable
3) I understand that XM tries to add in realism and not entirely comic driven, however, Cable needs to be bulkier especially the arms.
4) His face needs to tilt more to the left as he is ready too fire and perhaps the expression can be changed to a screaming one or gritting the teeth
5) Cable normally has a knife with him.
6) I think the base needs some brain storming.. i cant think of anything at the moment.. perhaps a destroyed phalanx or nimrod

Anyway the details on the organic arms is superb

Dusk
11-10-2014, 10:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xmD7v65.jpg

I think the 3D rendering is a little off. I like how the original picture looks comicbook-ish

VS1976
11-10-2014, 10:04 PM
A few things that I would like XM to consider.
1) The face is too lean.. meatier will be better.
2) Aside from the cannon, it will be better if the other two guns are slightly bigger as it goes well with Cable
3) I understand that XM tries to add in realism and not entirely comic driven, however, Cable needs to be bulkier especially the arms.
4) His face needs to tilt more to the left as he is ready too fire and perhaps the expression can be changed to a screaming one or gritting the teeth
5) Cable normally has a knife with him.
6) I think the base needs some brain storming.. i cant think of anything at the moment.. perhaps a destroyed phalanx or nimrod

Anyway the details on the organic arms is superb

Meatier on the face...absolutely.

GenoToys
11-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Not digging the sculpt...I do like the pose though.

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Need to make sure he is in scale too. Cable is supposed to be 6'8"

AC_808
11-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Meatier on the face...absolutely.

I think his cheeks shouldn't be that sunk in.

Sharkey
11-10-2014, 10:36 PM
OMFG JUST SAW THIS AND MUST HAVE!!!!

(will trade someone an XM Thanos for XM Cable)

AC_808
11-10-2014, 10:42 PM
HaHa ...no need for trade. This has not sold out yet.

Sharkey
11-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Just covering my bases in case I miss it, and depending on release date I might have to part with Thanos to afford Cable.

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 11:15 PM
Wow, what detail! You don't need bigger guns. Don't listen to the collectors who want bigger guns, they're just compensating... :)
Guy always fancy big guns ....

Remember Me?
11-10-2014, 11:17 PM
Guy always fancy big guns ....

The bigger the better right? Isn't that what she always say? LOL!

XM STUDIOS
11-10-2014, 11:18 PM

Been waiting for this .... Women does not sharp eye .

Thor57
11-10-2014, 11:42 PM
XM seems to be angling for classic route so far other than Ms. Marvel. I dont see why they'd go with a Hope option for Cable. I'd prefer not at least.

No real complaints here. I too think the face could use a little more fullness. He does look a bit skinny there. But its not a game breaker. Man, Ben, Bryan, I really need you guys to release an updated list guys. I love everything you've put out, but to be real, I can only afford so many. So I have to prioritize and save. I love Cable, but I wouldnt take him over say, Juggs, Colossus or Gambit. And thats just X-Men side. I'd forgo Cable for Vision and SW as well. Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, I need to plan accordingly, make it easy for a brotha! lol

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 11:46 PM
XM seems to be angling for classic route so far other than Ms. Marvel. I dont see why they'd go with a Hope option for Cable. I'd prefer not at least. l

Why prefer not? If it is a switch out option like I suggested then what does it matter to you? Many are asking for it.

actionjackson83
11-10-2014, 11:47 PM
If Hope was detachable then I'd be all for it. Can never have enough options :)

Thor57
11-10-2014, 11:48 PM
I just dont care for it. The more switch out options means the cost goes up more. And thats one less option that could be an additional head or extra gun or such. Not saying the people that want one are wrong, becuase they're not. Different people want different things. I just personally dont care for a Hope switch out.

actionjackson83
11-10-2014, 11:51 PM
that attachment would cost $5 of polystone it's not gonna be an issue.

SONICobra
11-10-2014, 11:52 PM
no critique from me - love the sculpt, the pose, the base, everything about it! this has the potential to be my second xm order, im just digging this a lot. no interest in a hope addition for the record, perfect as is imo

Snadinator
11-10-2014, 11:59 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/f4/10/3c/f4103c62eee14aa8ba11c089723d58b0.jpg

MagnumOpus
11-11-2014, 12:00 AM
Well, at the end XM will decide it, I already shared my opinion on their facebook page so if it happens, it would be great! Also a reference to Deadpool is way cool in my opinion! It gives them to continue this joke with the Deadpool statue! These small details make huge impact which Sideshow couldn't think! They only do boring X bases for their X-Men line! This is not enough anymore. Companies should understand comics better and when they do, they could produce much better fan based products...

Snadinator
11-11-2014, 12:00 AM
If Hope was detachable then I'd be all for it. Can never have enough options :)

This....:buttrock:

Peedi
11-11-2014, 02:00 AM
I think his cheeks shouldn't be that sunk in.

That's exactly what it is. Was about to post this but saw your comment, so quoted.

The filling in the sunk in cheeks would give his head the "thicker" or "meatier" appearance some are asking for.

That and like I said before, the nose/bridge area being extended to far. His upper face looks like it's morphing into a beak from the side. Those 2 fixes would make an already great looking statue even better.

Oh, and yeah... #### Hope.

Waiting for Bishop to be right. Lol.

built2shred
11-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Looks way cooler without the baby thing on his chest.... l

Hellboy
11-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Uh... no need for the baby, please. :thumbsdow

AC_808
11-11-2014, 05:12 AM
That's exactly what it is. Was about to post this but saw your comment, so quoted.

The filling in the sunk in cheeks would give his head the "thicker" or "meatier" appearance some are asking for.

That and like I said before, the nose/bridge area being extended to far. His upper face looks like it's morphing into a beak from the side. Those 2 fixes would make an already great looking statue even better.

Oh, and yeah... #### Hope.

Waiting for Bishop to be right. Lol.

Exactly! The cheeks ...thank you for noticing that.

And I can see what you mean about the nose bridge. That can definitely be tweaked a bit.

loricstone
11-11-2014, 05:38 AM
Why prefer not? If it is a switch out option like I suggested then what does it matter to you? Many are asking for it.

I think Jesse and a few others make a great suggestion. It is easy to make the hope baby on his chest a magnetic piece that connects to the chest. That way...one can choose to take it off or put it on...and it should cost jack crap to make.

I wouldn't be surprised if XM makes it an option....its not a big extra.

Bobfrog
11-11-2014, 06:45 AM
Really need the baby!:praying:

Very, very, very important!:praying:
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb88/varone04/Cable/Cable1Cover.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/varone04/media/Cable/Cable1Cover.jpg.html)

I think I need to get me a baby bjorn and customize it to look like that for when the next bub arrives :)

AP really knocked this one outta the park. I haven't looked up close at the portrait but in the non close ups it looks good to me...hint of clint eastwood maybe. And the body sculpt is fantastic.

Been so long since I had any interest in this character but I'm wanting to pick this up because the sculpt is so amazing.

defo agree with those who say he should be looking where he's pointing the gun...it just seems so obvious to me. you point where you look so if you see what you want you just shoot. Yeah maybe he's mid movement but the stance looks very stiff as though he's locked in position not mid movement to me anyway.

Lawnknome
11-11-2014, 08:34 AM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/f4/10/3c/f4103c62eee14aa8ba11c089723d58b0.jpg

Is that a badass freaking Shatterstar with Cable in this? I know he is beyond a minor character. But man, in the 90s when i was a kid, that dude was a baller.

equi-nox76
11-11-2014, 09:23 AM
Gosh, you guys killin' me, first Black Bolt WIN und now this.
You know I also need some Cash for other statue producers also! LOL

Snadinator
11-11-2014, 09:52 AM
I think Jesse and a few others make a great suggestion. It is easy to make the hope baby on his chest a magnetic piece that connects to the chest. That way...one can choose to take it off or put it on...and it should cost jack crap to make.

I wouldn't be surprised if XM makes it an option....its not a big extra.

This some want it some don't. Having an open mind and being resonable would mean making it an option. Either magnet on the chest or switchout right arm holding it (my preference).

GrumpyBear
11-11-2014, 11:55 AM
For me Cables head looks a little bit slim, he must be stronger on the neck muscles. The head is to slim, maybe a little bit wider. He is a marked and strong guy, so his face must show it too.

A little picture from me.

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10610709_837063053010628_8444819343245762066_n.jpg?oh=d01d6017b4ed65e39305feaf9b5c2dcc&oe=551A762A

Lawnknome
11-11-2014, 12:06 PM
For me Cables head looks a little bit slim, he must be stronger on the neck muscles. The head is to slim, maybe a little bit wider. He is a marked and strong guy, so his face must show it too.

https://scontent-b-fra.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10610709_837063053010628_8444819343245762066_n.jpg?oh=d01d6017b4ed65e39305feaf9b5c2dcc&oe=551A762A

Wow I wasnt convinced this need to be a thing, but I most definitely am now. :goodpost:

Dark Logic
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM

That's it man!! :thumbs2:

Dark Logic
11-11-2014, 12:24 PM
bigger neck means thicker frame for good aesthetics. Looks like we are getting our wish for a bigger, buff cable. GRAIL-A-SAURUS

acme1982
11-11-2014, 12:33 PM
GrumpyBear I hope that XM listen you and make this change. I like your change on the portrait.

JP Sarri
11-11-2014, 01:03 PM

Good job! :thumbs2:

Marcel54
11-11-2014, 01:28 PM
Really great adjustment!! As for the baby......please only as an extra part so people can choose.

AC_808
11-11-2014, 01:54 PM

Yup, the real Cable is on the left. Good job!

Dark Logic
11-11-2014, 01:58 PM
GrumpyBear I hope that XM listen you and make this change. I like your change on the portrait.

I thought GrumpyBear was with XM...No?

GrumpyBear
11-11-2014, 02:02 PM
I thought GrumpyBear was with XM...No?

I love to be, but no. :(

Peedi
11-11-2014, 02:03 PM
Is that a badass freaking Shatterstar with Cable in this? I know he is beyond a minor character. But man, in the 90s when i was a kid, that dude was a baller.

Yeah that's him.

He looks a lot different now.

http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ShatterRict.jpg

Mister Ski
11-11-2014, 05:24 PM
Yeah that's him.

He looks a lot different now.

http://www.comicbooked.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/ShatterRict.jpg

:D...when the poster called Shatterstar a "baller".

Dark Logic
11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
I love to be, but no. :(

great job anyway dude...but :doh!:

judsim
11-12-2014, 02:01 AM
Hi XM, please sort your lighting out it would be great to see Cables eye twinkle - a real trade mark of the character. But lets not start the argument on light up again...its a cool feature IMHO and respect those that dont like it. I just take the batteries out of my SS ones to ensure no damage etc, but nice to have.

khrisc
11-12-2014, 02:16 AM
a bright neon paint would be enough for the eyes

gomur
11-12-2014, 02:37 AM
Never thought I'd say this but needs more Liefeld. Cable was one of those 90's icons who ushered in an era of pouches, pads, and BFG's. Seriously, ninety percent of Image characters raided his wardrobe.

The only other time I remember Cable being so popular was the Hope storyline where he's raising and protecting this baby throughout time while being chased by Bishop? Sorry if I'm off on details. I had stopped following the X-Men so closely by then, but Cable was prominent enough where it caught my ear.

XM Studios has been pretty DAMN impressive with their swap-out options. It would be a tall order and impressive feat if they can customize the statue's upper torso to house 3 options:

regular version with fashionable scarf
baby Hope carriage for newer fans of the character
extra grenades and beefier shoulder pads for the 90's homage

At first I thought the guns were too small as well, but I think a beefier presentation with overstocked weaponry would make them feel "right". Anyway, my two cents peeps. Keep up the awesome work, XM!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/gomur/Wish%20List/greg-capullo-cable_zps1645dfdb.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/gomur/Wish%20List/cable_jim_lee_zps1b6229e2.jpg

qz33
11-12-2014, 03:35 AM
I definitely know of some examples of Mr. Liefeld's drawing deficiencies however I will never understand the amount of disdain expressed for the man.

He created the appearance of Shatterstar, Cable, and Deadpool! They all have a great look! Just for this he earned his place in the pantheon of comic books!

In his early days he was a pretty good artist and his style is part of what defined comics in the 90's. He got famous for a reason and it wasn't just a Levi's commercial.

The more this statue bends towards Liefeld's distorted reality the better it will be. Look at all of Bowen's Cables for very good examples.

The Mule
11-12-2014, 03:48 AM
My 2 cents: the countless amount of pouches is ridicolous and the over exaggerated anatomy is silly. All XM pieces so far had a touch of realism and I really hope Cable is no different. No need for super deformed characters.

gomur
11-12-2014, 04:02 AM
My 2 cents: the countless amount of pouches is ridicolous and the over exaggerated anatomy is silly. All XM pieces so far had a touch of realism and I really hope Cable is no different. No need for super deformed characters.

I unapologetically agree. :laugh:

For comic book readers coming up in the 90's, this has a special place in the heart.

I definitely know of some examples of Mr. Liefeld's drawing deficiencies however I will never understand the amount of disdain expressed for the man.

He created the appearance of Shatterstar, Cable, and Deadpool! They all have a great look! Just for this he earned his place in the pantheon of comic books!

In his early days he was a pretty good artist and his style is part of what defined comics in the 90's. He got famous for a reason and it wasn't just a Levi's commercial.

The more this statue bends towards Liefeld's distorted reality the better it will be. Look at all of Bowen's Cables for very good examples.

Well said. Not to go full Liefeld, but a nudge in that direction would create a Cable I recognize.

And I echo your sentiment towards Liefeld. It's easy to make fun, but the man left a mark in the industry and featured heavily in the better part of a decade. Any joking on my part is out of good fun. Unlike when I talk about Adam Sandler and his movies. No good fun in that.

Peedi
11-12-2014, 07:05 AM
I unapologetically agree. :laugh:

For comic book readers coming up in the 90's, this has a special place in the heart.

Well said. Not to go full Liefeld, but a nudge in that direction would create a Cable I recognize.

And I echo your sentiment towards Liefeld. It's easy to make fun, but the man left a mark in the industry and featured heavily in the better part of a decade. Any joking on my part is out of good fun. Unlike when I talk about Adam Sandler and his movies. No good fun in that.

Maybe true for some of you, but not this 90s child. Lol.

I don't mind Liefeld's art, he was a top artists in our childhood and I respect what he accomplished which is way more than the standard comic artist can ever say, but one look at his impossible Cable and that infamous Heroes Reborn Cap artwork is reason enough to not have such a high reverence for his old work.

Cable by Liedeld, Lee, whoever, was an anotomical nightmare amongst a sea of characters intentionally not entirely anatomically correct. The imagery might work on paper to a degree and was cool for people who just liked for things to look "cool" regardless of any sense being made, but as a statue might not transfer as well as some would hope.

But looking at the XM Mags, Jean and Wolverine, a Cable exaggerated to such a degree would look out of place with the existing statues. They probably want to fit into the level of realism they've already established with these statues and a small headed, huge bodied Cable would undermine that.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Never thought I'd say this but needs more Liefeld. Cable was one of those 90's icons who ushered in an era of pouches, pads, and BFG's. Seriously, ninety percent of Image characters raided his wardrobe.

The only other time I remember Cable being so popular was the Hope storyline where he's raising and protecting this baby throughout time while being chased by Bishop? Sorry if I'm off on details. I had stopped following the X-Men so closely by then, but Cable was prominent enough where it caught my ear.

XM Studios has been pretty DAMN impressive with their swap-out options. It would be a tall order and impressive feat if they can customize the statue's upper torso to house 3 options:

At first I thought the guns were too small as well, but I think a beefier presentation with overstocked weaponry would make them feel "right". Anyway, my two cents peeps. Keep up the awesome work, XM!

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/gomur/Wish%20List/greg-capullo-cable_zps1645dfdb.jpg
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/gomur/Wish%20List/cable_jim_lee_zps1b6229e2.jpg

I totally agree with both of you, gentlemen. :thumbs2:

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 07:08 AM

Aren't you such a Mule? :stick:

Peedi
11-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Despite my last comment, I want to make clear I don't dislike Liefeld at all. Yes, he designed Deadpool, one of his better designs and I think just an overall great design. I just can't take stuff like this:

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/heroes-reborn.jpg

LOLOLOLOL

The Mule
11-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Aren't you such a Mule? :stick:

:D
Liefeld style wouldn't fit with XM's art direction so far. This realistic style is much cooler and mature. Peedi explained it, what may work on the paper may not translate properly in statue form. The head sculpt here is awesome, wouldn't touch it at all. I don't see how people can suggest to make it beefier when we still have yet to see some proper pics tht give the idea of cable's size. If you make his head bigger, the rest of the body should get adjusted accordingly

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Maybe true for some of you, but not this 90s child. Lol.

I don't mind Liefeld's art, he was a top artists in our childhood and I respect what he accomplished, but one look at his impossible Cable and that infamous Heroes Reborn Cap cover is reason enough to not have such a high reverence for his old work.

Cable by Liedeld, Lee, whoever, was an anotomical nightmare amongst a sea of characters intentionally not entirely anatomically correct. The imagery might work on paper to a degree and was cool for people who just liked for things to look "cool" regardless of any sense being made, but as a statue might not transfer as well as some would hope.

But looking at the XM Mags, Jean and Wolverine, a Cable exaggerated to such a degree would look out of place with the existing statues. They probably want to fit into the level of realism they've already established with these statues and a small headed, huge bodied Cable would undermine that.

I disagree. Liefeld's first work wasn't bad at all. Creating a statue of Cable without giving Rob credit, is like creating a statue of Thor and not giving Jack Kirby his. After all, He created the character so he deserves some acknowledgment.

Just like some of you are going crazy asking for an interchangeable baby Hope, some of us older fellas, would like to see him beefier, with larger guns and possible interchangeable pouches. If there is someone that can pull it off is XM and so far they have done a great job catering to people's requests. There is always room for compromising.

Going back to Rob and Heroes Reborn. It is amazing how some people can give him so much Sh!t for a bad cover but they do not recognize the good ones he did. That tells me that some people never read comics but rather follow the mob mentality just to be cool with their peers. We need to stand on our own two feet.

Bad cover:
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/7DD81B7D-E1B4-4A35-B174-AFA17CE90985_zpsimvufpvp.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/7DD81B7D-E1B4-4A35-B174-AFA17CE90985_zpsimvufpvp.jpg.html)

Good cover:

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/41BD19C7-C0A7-4FB4-9E44-178FBFF6C01F_zpsqigtkjbl.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/41BD19C7-C0A7-4FB4-9E44-178FBFF6C01F_zpsqigtkjbl.png.html)

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 07:39 AM
:D
Liefeld style wouldn't fit with XM's art direction so far. This realistic style is much cooler and mature. Peedi explained it, what may work on the paper may not translate properly in statue form. The head sculpt here is awesome, wouldn't touch it at all. I don't see how people can suggest to make it beefier when we still have yet to see some proper pics tht give the idea of cable's size. If you make his head bigger, the rest of the body should get adjusted accordingly

More mature? Even on the newer stuff, Cable is beefier. You need to to grab a comic book and make some research.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/F4BB921D-3C3E-463C-AD4C-1A229F918CF6_zpspdzix0tb.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/F4BB921D-3C3E-463C-AD4C-1A229F918CF6_zpspdzix0tb.png.html)

Peedi
11-12-2014, 07:58 AM
I disagree. Liefeld's first work wasn't bad at all. Creating a statue of Cable without giving Rob credit, is like creating a statue of Thor and not giving Jack Kirby his. After all, He created the character so he deserves some acknowledgment.

Just like some of you are going crazy asking for an interchangeable baby Hope, some of us older fellas, would like to see him beefier, with larger guns and possible interchangeable pouches. If there is someone that can pull up off is XM and so far they have done a great job catering to people's requests. There is always room for compromising.

Going back to Rob and Heroes Reborn. It is amazing how some people can give him so much Sh!t for a bad cover but they do not recognize the good ones he did. That tells me that some people never read comics but rather follow the mob mentality just to be cool with their peers. We need to stand on our own two feet.

Bad cover:
http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/7DD81B7D-E1B4-4A35-B174-AFA17CE90985_zpsimvufpvp.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/7DD81B7D-E1B4-4A35-B174-AFA17CE90985_zpsimvufpvp.jpg.html)

Good cover:

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/41BD19C7-C0A7-4FB4-9E44-178FBFF6C01F_zpsqigtkjbl.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/41BD19C7-C0A7-4FB4-9E44-178FBFF6C01F_zpsqigtkjbl.png.html)

Where did I say his original work was bad? I mentioned anatomical nightmare in specific regards to Cable, but I didn't sum up the entirety of his original work as bad, even if I did post an image of his that I think is truly bad. But he had an entertaining style to his artwork that worked really well for that era. That's partly why he was popular. But every drawing decision wasn't a good one. Just the same, Jim Lee is a great artists and he definitely has artwork that's made me say "wow that doesn't work".

As for the last paragraph, I posted that art because I think it's bad but I'm not sure your last comment was about me...following the mob mentality and standing on two feet and whatnot. As a matter of fact looking at it, it can't be about me at all.

More mature? Even on the newer stuff, Cable is beefier. You need to to grab a comic book and make some research.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/F4BB921D-3C3E-463C-AD4C-1A229F918CF6_zpspdzix0tb.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/F4BB921D-3C3E-463C-AD4C-1A229F918CF6_zpspdzix0tb.png.html)

He's certainly beefier but that's a far cry from the jumbled mess a few posts ago. He even had attachments on his face in that artwork. Lmao. This "Cable" cover would be the middle ground, though. Beefier than what XM did, but not at the ridiculous level. It helps that the art is Olivetti, though. Makes the exaggerated muscle look work better than some of the other artwork.

As far as "you need to grab a comic book and make some research" maybe that sounded a bit more stern than intended, but I hope we're just keeping it friendly debate. Everybody has different tastes so it's ok to disagree but at the end of the day it's comic book characters. I can debate comic characters all day because I've read so much, but still...its just comic characters.

Remember Me?
11-12-2014, 08:07 AM

At first I thought the guns were too small as well, but I think a beefier presentation with overstocked weaponry would make them feel "right". Anyway, my two cents peeps. Keep up the awesome work, XM.

This picture here is always the Cable for me. I love the shoulder and knee pads and the big @$$ guns.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 08:11 AM
This picture here is always the Cable for me. I love the shoulder and knee pads and the big @$$ guns.

Yep. Jim Lee did a great job there. His trading cards were the bomb!

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 08:20 AM
Where did I say his original work was bad? I mentioned anatomical nightmare in specific regards to Cable, but I didn't sum up the entirety of his original work as bad, even if I did post an image of his that I think is truly bad. But he had an entertaining style to his artwork that worked really well for that era. That's partly why he was popular. But every drawing decision wasn't a good one. Just the same, Jim Lee is a great artists and he definitely has artwork that's made me say "wow that doesn't work".

As for the last paragraph, I posted that art because I think it's bad but I'm not sure your last comment was about me...following the mob mentality and standing on two feet and whatnot. As a matter of fact looking at it, it can't be about me at all.

He's certainly beefier but that's a far cry from the jumbled mess a few posts ago. He even had attachments on his face in that artwork. Lmao. This "Cable" cover would be the middle ground, though. Beefier than what XM did, but not at the ridiculous level. It helps that the art is Olivetti, though. Makes the exaggerated muscle look work better than some of the other artwork.

As far as "you need to grab a comic book and make some research" maybe that sounded a bit more stern than intended, but I hope we're just keeping it friendly debate. Everybody has different tastes so it's ok to disagree but at the end of the day it's comic book characters. I can debate comic characters all day because I've read so much, but still...its just comic characters.

Sorry if it came that way. My post was not intended at you. Funny thing is that I never saw when you posted that horrific Cap art but just right after I posted my reply. I had to take a shower because I am getting ready to go to work.

What exacerbates me is all the negative feedback Rob gets nowadays by people that did not even read or admire his work. Yes, he was not the best artist of the 90's but his contribution far surpasses the contribution of many others. We have to give credit to whom credit is due.

Thor57
11-12-2014, 09:34 AM
I don't hate Liefeld. I think I'm on record as the only person alive that liked his heroes reborn Thor.

http://s254.photobucket.com/user/cursodinamohq/media/Blog%20CURSO/normal_Heroes_Reborn_Thor_1.jpg.html

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 09:43 AM
I don't hate Liefeld. I think I'm on record as the only person alive that liked his heroes reborn Thor.

http://s254.photobucket.com/user/cursodinamohq/media/Blog%20CURSO/normal_Heroes_Reborn_Thor_1.jpg.html

I liked it too. :thumbs2:

Funny thing is that the new XM Thor reminds me of Liefeld's Art more than Simonson's. Specially on the body meassurements.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/0CEC80EA-1276-4DBA-AEF3-2013F9DB9B9B_zpswwvn3etv.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/0CEC80EA-1276-4DBA-AEF3-2013F9DB9B9B_zpswwvn3etv.png.html)http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/4C451D2B-0CFD-4E18-A287-3008C0EBD255_zpstffboh6f.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/4C451D2B-0CFD-4E18-A287-3008C0EBD255_zpstffboh6f.png.html)

Snadinator
11-12-2014, 09:55 AM
Blah... that Liefield art hurts my eyes. Ya he created Cable did at least one good thing but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 09:58 AM
Blah... that Liefield art hurts my eyes. Ya he created Cable did at least one good thing but even a broken clock is right twice a day.

How about Deadpool, Strife, Domino, X-Force, Youngblood? You seem to forget a few names.

Remember Me?
11-12-2014, 10:03 AM
How about Deadpool, Strife, Domino, X-Force, Youngblood? You seem to forget a few names.

Correct me if I am wrong: add Shatterstar to the list.

Snadinator
11-12-2014, 10:05 AM

My post was never intended to be an exhaustive list. He had some creative ideas but his art is terrible. I wouldn't want any of his prints.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Correct me if I am wrong: add Shatterstar to the list.

Yep, you are correct. Rob and Fabian Nicieza created many Marvel characters together.

The Mule
11-12-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah, his art is amateurish. I don't understand why recently people seem to go crazy over the slightest things? It's like talking to hamsters on a caffeine overdose.
Liefeld's artistic take on Cable is silly, the non finite amount of pouches is silly. It may go on paper, but it doesn't translate well in statue form, that's why companies bother to make more realistic sculpts. I don't know why is it so hard to grab this notion. Should I really care if Liefeld invented Cable and others? Why the hell should XM "pay homage" in a statue by screwing anatomy? Or making an ultra large face just because "in the comics he is beefier"?
God. Some people here just sound more and more as spoiled kids. There are things of the 90's that I love, above all the klassic mortal kombat cyborgs. This doesn't change the fact that they would look silly and goofy in statue form without proper tweakings and adjustments.
Jesus christ, what's so hard to understand about this notion. The concept has not even been put side to side with another statue, how the hell are people supposed to talk about size and proportions?
Between this and the XM vs SS thread it really looks like some people here are on a passive aggressive mood. It seriously defeats the purpose of debate.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 10:38 AM
Yeah, his art is amateurish. I don't understand why recently people seem to go crazy over the slightest things? It's like talking to hamsters on a caffeine overdose.
Liefeld's artistic take on Cable is silly, the non finite amount of pouches is silly. It may go on paper, but it doesn't translate well in statue form, that's why companies bother to make more realistic sculpts. I don't know why is it so hard to grab this notion. Should I really care if Liefeld invented Cable and others? Why the hell should XM "pay homage" in a statue by screwing anatomy? Or making an ultra large face just because "in the comics he is beefier"?
God. Some people here just sound more and more as spoiled kids. There are things of the 90's that I love, above all the klassic mortal kombat cyborgs. This doesn't change the fact that they would look silly and goofy in statue form without proper tweakings and adjustments.
Jesus christ, what's so hard to understand about this notion. The concept has not even been put side to side with another statue, how the hell are people supposed to talk about size and proportions?
Between this and the XM vs SS thread it really looks like some people here are on a passive aggressive mood. It seriously defeats the purpose of debate.

Do us all a favor and separate your post into divided paragraphs. It hurts just to read it.

The Mule
11-12-2014, 10:54 AM
I'm on the phone. Btw, it IS divided into paragraphs.
Maybe you could do other people a favor and quit trolling? you seem to be good at just dropping your opinion, but when it comes to answer to others you have no arguments.

SNIKT
11-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Not trying to fuel the fire but that is your opinion and you are entitled to it as I am mine. I feel that he should be bigger in his physique. He's supposed to be 350 pounds. That's a lot of mass on a human body, let alone a mutant who should be genetically superior. So even if they were to go the realistic route, I feel he should be thicker. But that is my opinion and at the end of the day it's XM's call.. we just give our 2 cents but I'm not going to speak for other people

The Mule
11-12-2014, 11:10 AM
One thing is make him bigger, with more muscle mass. One other thing is expect him to have the completely random anatomy of the 90's drawings people are referring to in the last few posts. The former can be translated in statue form, the other cannot, without screwing the sculpt. Easy as that.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm on the phone. Btw, it IS divided into paragraphs.
Maybe you could do other people a favor and quit trolling? you seem to be good at just dropping your opinion, but when it comes to answer to others you have no arguments.

I use my phone as well. Also, I back my arguments with facts and images. You Have nothing to show for. That makes you the only troll in sight. If you don't like to read people's opinion then stay at the freaks. Otherwise, get over it.

The Mule
11-12-2014, 12:03 PM
So, basically, to prove that the pics you posted have a wrong anatomy and that the new face shopped a few pages ago would look silly on any character, I need to post other pics to prove my statement? It seems to me that your posts are more an apology to Liefeld's work than an opinion about the statue.

built2shred
11-12-2014, 12:09 PM
I use my phone as well. Also, I back my arguments with facts and images. You Have nothing to show for. That makes you the only troll in sight. If you don't like to read people's opinion then stay at the freaks. Otherwise, get over it.

:laugh: :hilarious:

oh you were being serious.....

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 12:14 PM
So, basically, to prove that the pics you posted have a wrong anatomy and that the new face shopped a few pages ago would look silly on any character, I need to post other pics to prove my statement? It seems to me that your posts are more an apology to Liefeld's work than an opinion about the statue.

Why not? If you are such an eminence in all things marvel, enlighten us.

gomur
11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Two best ways to ruin a party: bring up religion or politics.

I guess we can add LIEFELD to the mix!

Bottom line, some fans of the character would like to see a Hope add-on, and I won't begrudge them that. That story factors largely in Cable's history. If XM creates a "chest compartment" to house baby Hope, then why not have a switch-out part for more 90's flare? Extra ammo chain, grenades, and what not. Maybe it connects to the shoulder pads to give them a beefier look?

And give us an extra damn line between your paragraphs! You mock Liefeld art and then spit on basic typing structure. :)

wolf-brother
11-12-2014, 12:22 PM
You guys play nice. :psycho: I'm out. :flash:

Remember Me?
11-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Oh boy...and.....Here we go.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 12:32 PM
You guys play nice. :psycho: I'm out. :flash:

:laugh: come on, bro! It is just getting fun. :buttrock:

The Mule
11-12-2014, 05:48 PM
Two best ways to ruin a party: bring up religion or politics.

I guess we can add LIEFELD to the mix!

Bottom line, some fans of the character would like to see a Hope add-on, and I won't begrudge them that. That story factors largely in Cable's history. If XM creates a "chest compartment" to house baby Hope, then why not have a switch-out part for more 90's flare? Extra ammo chain, grenades, and what not. Maybe it connects to the shoulder pads to give them a beefier look?

And give us an extra damn line between your paragraphs! You mock Liefeld art and then spit on basic typing structure. :)

On my phone, the post looked alright.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for add ons. Even if they cost those 50$ more on the final statue, I don't mind on such an expensive piece. Only issue is that going full sculpt would be almost impossible since all pouches/grenades/ammos should be attached via magnet.
If XM decided to go mixed media, would be much more viable.
I just proposed Hope as an add on, not on his chest (I see it very difficult to produce honestly, same reason as above) but as a switch out arm. This way people are not forced to display her eventually.

Why not? If you are such an eminence in all things marvel, enlighten us.

You don't even grasp the literal meaning of your own language, now? What has "Marvel" to do with this argument?
We're talking about proportions and anatomy. You don't need an encyclopedic knowledge of Marvel authors and comics to understand these notions.
To be fair, Peedi answered about this matter more than once and you conveniently skipped his posts:

Where did I say his original work was bad? I mentioned anatomical nightmare in specific regards to Cable, but I didn't sum up the entirety of his original work as bad, even if I did post an image of his that I think is truly bad.

It's really that hard to understand?
What may look "cool" on paper doesn't always translate decently to statue form, this includes the over exaggerated anatomy and messy random muscle placement that is a signature trait of Mr Liefeld.
You even contradict yourself with the Olivetti artwork since that's a whole another degree of proportion and anatomic definition.
Still exaggerated, but another style entirely, imho.

So, I'll write it down in points:

1) This is the premise and the most important thing - XM is going the realistic route for their characters. A Cable made with the Liefeld-ian standards would not fit, easy as that. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

2) About his head - there's little to no point to ask for it to be bigger, for sure not as big as the photoshopped pic a few pages ago. Sosa explained for good in the Thor thread when somebody brought up the same argument, you have a small room for tweaking the size of a head sculpt, after that, you need to tweak all the rest of the body. Otherwise, proportions get screwed. Note, again, it's all a matter of proportions. Which leads me to the last point:

3) Since tweaking the head would require to tweak the body - I wonder how someone could rush to the conclusion that the body needs to be changed BEFORE even seeing the sculpt next to another sculpt? You can't have the proper idea of size and proportions with just these 3D WIPs.
Most of his sculpt is covered so I claim bulls**t on anyone pretending to know his size without no reference at all.
And if you care to take a look at the only part of the musculature that is not covered -the right arm- you'll notice that the proportions are near to the Olivetti artwork you posted. Just the tricep and forearm have been toned down a bit.

Now, hopefully what I took the time to wrote is clear and hopefully you just don't skip/dodge it like you did earlier with Peedi.
Just to be 101% clear: it's not about who drew Cable or whatelse, it's all about damn proportions and what works on a statue, that is different than what works on paper.
What I wrote is my opinion but it's also backed up by facts of basic anatomy, as opposed to "random 90's anatomy from comic books".

Whew :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, nearly forgot. Just to add to the fact that "what is good in 2D on paper may not translate as good in 3D as statue", just consider this point. Bowen never did a Cable with Liefeldesque anatomy, and he's the one who's made the characters as close to the comic pages as possible. Should probably ask yourself why.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 06:22 PM
On my phone, the post looked alright.
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for add ons. Even if they cost those 50$ more on the final statue, I don't mind on such an expensive piece. Only issue is that going full sculpt would be almost impossible since all pouches/grenades/ammos should be attached via magnet.
If XM decided to go mixed media, would be much more viable.
I just proposed Hope as an add on, not on his chest (I see it very difficult to produce honestly, same reason as above) but as a switch out arm. This way people are not forced to display her eventually.

You don't even grasp the literal meaning of your own language, now? What has "Marvel" to do with this argument?
We're talking about proportions and anatomy. You don't need an encyclopedic knowledge of Marvel authors and comics to understand these notions.
To be fair, Peedi answered about this matter more than once and you conveniently skipped his posts:

It's really that hard to understand?
What may look "cool" on paper doesn't always translate decently to statue form, this includes the over exaggerated anatomy and messy random muscle placement that is a signature trait of Mr Liefeld.
You even contradict yourself with the Olivetti artwork since that's a whole another degree of proportion and anatomic definition.
Still exaggerated, but another style entirely, imho.

So, I'll write it down in points:

1) This is the premise and the most important thing - XM is going the realistic route for their characters. A Cable made with the Liefeld-ian standards would not fit, easy as that. It's not an opinion, it's a fact.

2) About his head - there's little to no point to ask for it to be bigger, for sure not as big as the photoshopped pic a few pages ago. Sosa explained for good in the Thor thread when somebody brought up the same argument, you have a small room for tweaking the size of a head sculpt, after that, you need to tweak all the rest of the body. Otherwise, proportions get screwed. Note, again, it's all a matter of proportions. Which leads me to the last point:

3) Since tweaking the head would require to tweak the body - I wonder how someone could rush to the conclusion that the body needs to be changed BEFORE even seeing the sculpt next to another sculpt? You can't have the proper idea of size and proportions with just these 3D WIPs.
Most of his sculpt is covered so I claim bulls**t on anyone pretending to know his size without no reference at all.
And if you care to take a look at the only part of the musculature that is not covered -the right arm- you'll notice that the proportions are near to the Olivetti artwork you posted. Just the tricep and forearm have been toned down a bit.

Now, hopefully what I took the time to wrote is clear and hopefully you just don't skip/dodge it like you did earlier with Peedi.
Just to be 101% clear: it's not about who drew Cable or whatelse, it's all about damn proportions and what works on a statue, that is different than what works on paper.
What I wrote is my opinion but it's also backed up by facts of basic anatomy, as opposed to "random 90's anatomy from comic books".

Whew :rolleyes:

About time! It took you long to reply.

You are completely missing the point (as usual). I already replied to Peedi, who by the way, knows how to express his opinion without loosing it. Something you still gotta learn to do.

At the stage, we are only expressing our views. We never said that XM should do an exact replica of Rob Liefeld's Cable art. You were the one that accused us of doing so and threw a tantrum in the process. We are buyers of these products and our feedback is as important as yours. Even more when we grew up with these "Marvel" characters (Yes, Marvel has a lot to do with this) and we are willing to spend top dollar for these collectibles. Your opinion does not override ours.

Many companies have done Cable with the classic look. Bowen has done terrific statues of him and I happily own one.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Bowen%20Cable/355_zpsddb0c153.jpg (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Bowen%20Cable/355_zpsddb0c153.jpg.html)

Moonlyte did a terrific custom through Salt and Peppa not long ago, but it is only a custom piece and you know we are not suppose to talk about it in here. Therefore, your idea that it is impossible to accomplish a bulky represention of Cable that goes along with this line is null. Anything is possible, especially in 3D.

Erick beefed up Thor and you were there praising his work. Now that we are asking for the same with Cable, you are here to throw dirt at us and to say that we do not know what we are talking about. You need to stop taking this personal. It is only a hobby.

The Mule
11-12-2014, 06:39 PM
I think it's you who are missing the point.
I'm not "loosing it" (losing it?) or throwing tantrums. It's just that recently I noticed that things get serious at light speed, especially with things that have nothing to do about the sculpt.
It's boring, takes away most of the fun and, more often than not, pointless. Like, Liefeld, for example. An essay of his art as a whole has nothing to do with this statue.
If you think any of my recent posts have been hostile, that's not the case.

A classic look is something completely different than a specific anatomy (which is, Liefeld's anatomy). The classic look you posted is achieved via his costume, NOT his build. The proportions of the one you posted are even less "beefed" than the one XM showed, and I'd like you to show me where I said that it's impossible to make a classic Cable / a bulkier Cable.
I didn't, you're making up things to prove your point. I still have to see a Liefeld-style body type translated to statue, so unless you have a pic for that, my point stays proven.

More than one person suggested that the 3D WIP needed "more Liefeld", and on that I disagree. More than ever since, I repeat, I just don't know how people can come up with an exact idea of his bulk/physique without even a comparison pic or any reference.

And, just to be schematic:
-never said my opinion overrides the opinion of anyone else, just that a few points make little sense (like expecting for XM to go to a more comic route when so far they have always gone realistic). A person still has the right to have his own opinion even if part of it makes little sense.
-never said it's impossible to accomplish a bulky Cable, just pointed out that with the current WIPs we have it cannot be fairly judged if he needs more bulk or not
-never praised the beefed up Thor, I only lurked that thread since I don't care about the character
-I'm not "throwing dirt" at anybody, I'm not the one who came out with "grab a comic and do a research" while posting pics that held no value in proving a point

So sorry, but other than being incorrect on most of what you wrote, you're the one who looks so melodramatic here.

PS: took me so long because it's night here, just arrived home.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 06:58 PM
I admit. Although I love my Bowen Classic Action Cable, I wish it was beefier. That is the opinion shared by most collectors that own it. The extra pouches and the big a$$ guns are fantastically detailed, and they are its best selling points.

Hellboy
11-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Guys... lets keep it civil in here. Not the first time I've had to bring this up with this crowd. Make your points and posts without insulting one another or deal with the consequences. This is the only warning you're going to get.

wolf-brother
11-12-2014, 07:29 PM
I admit. Although I love my Bowen Classic Action Cable, I wish it was beefier. That is the opinion shared by most collectors that own it. The extra pouches and the big a$$ guns are fantastically detailed, and they are its best selling points.

Bowen did nail the face on that classic! :)

Khufu
11-12-2014, 07:35 PM
I like portrait as is. It reminds me of the guy from Avatar:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoVQQ8EiIxuW2BlfN8uWeqr420xdQlXGThhXMCmVNhPI2CAQzf0Q

The bigger/thicker one isn't bad or anything, I just like the XM default version better. I'm interested to see what other portfaits they have planned.

JP Sarri
11-12-2014, 08:21 PM
Bowen did nail the face on that classic! :)

You know it! :thumbs2:

SideShowJoe
11-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Holly hell what did I walk into?? The last few days I've came into Xm that's its been an all out war!! Can't we all get along?? ;). Any new pictures of this thing can't wait to see more this thing has so much win its not even funny!!

Sarah Joe

Hellsbells51
11-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Holly hell what did I walk into?? The last few days I've came into Xm that's its been an all out war!! Can't we all get along?? ;). Any new pictures of this thing can't wait to see more this thing has so much win its not even funny!!

Sarah Joe

With XM listening to it`s fans input and their popularity increasing...it leads to many differing opinions that are bound to clash. People are going to want things their way and it`s only going to get worse.

I remember Bowen used to always get opinions on their upcoming product until it became too much. Once it got overwhelming he started limiting options with polls asking A, B or C vice asking for suggestions. I can see XM moving in that direction once things get too out of hand.

Hellsbells51
11-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Here`s my take on this:

While I would love to see Cable bulkier and more Liefeld style (because that is the Cable I know)...this is obviously not based on that era Cable. That said, I say stick to the source material. I`m not familiar with this version, but I presume it`s the modern version. Looking at images on this version, I see a few different takes on him:

1. Non-robotic arm

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100217033219/marveldatabase/images/a/a8/Cable_Vol_2_23.jpg

2. Robotic arm

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630002635/marveldatabase/images/e/e9/Cable_Vol_2_16.jpg

3. Arm-sling Cable

http://www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/avx5.jpg

I vote arm-sling Cable! Lol!

On a serious note, based on the images I`ve seen, it looks like he has similar facial structure to the 90`s version where he has a wider face and large muscular frame. Also, if you take notice to image #1 I posted, Baby Hope is all grown up so it wouldn`t make sense to have her as a baby with this version of Cable (unless I`m mistaken).

Thor57
11-13-2014, 12:21 AM
With XM listening to it`s fans input and their popularity increasing...it leads to many differing opinions that are bound to clash. People are going to want things their way and it`s only going to get worse.

I remember Bowen used to always get opinions on their upcoming product until it became too much. Once it got overwhelming he started limiting options with polls asking A, B or C vice asking for suggestions. I can see XM moving in that direction once things get too out of hand.

I think it will too. Especially since these pieces on average are anywhere from $400 to $700 dollars more than an average Bowen piece, and a lot more detailed. Collectors on here dont seem to realize that it costs money to keep changing and changing and changing. Artists designs, studios being paid, hell, I'm sure rehauling Thor top to bottom was a nightmare. I'm glad they've done a lot of what they've done, them being XM. But, at some point, I cant see how they dont limit options. Look at the Thanos base issue. Its slowly leading to an entirely different concept from what it started. Thats money flushed.

JP Sarri
11-13-2014, 12:25 AM

I agree. One of the things I like about Randy is that he doesn't play the cuddling game. It is A, B or C. Pretty simple. Maybe XM needs to create variants like Bowen to keep everybody happy.

SONICobra
11-13-2014, 12:26 AM
yes it seems some people are taking advantage of xm's willingness to listen to their fans. they all mean well but like you said they don't know how much time and money go into prototyping these pieces. I think giving collectors multiple choices (if any choices at all) is the only way to go otherwise this will get much more expensive for xm and collectors alike

JP Sarri
11-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Here`s my take on this:

While I would love to see Cable bulkier and more Liefeld style (because that is the Cable I know)...this is obviously not based on that era Cable. That said, I say stick to the source material. I`m not familiar with this version, but I presume it`s the modern version. Looking at images on this version, I see a few different takes on him:

1. Non-robotic arm

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100217033219/marveldatabase/images/a/a8/Cable_Vol_2_23.jpg

2. Robotic arm

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090630002635/marveldatabase/images/e/e9/Cable_Vol_2_16.jpg

3. Arm-sling Cable

http://www.comicsblend.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/avx5.jpg

I vote arm-sling Cable! Lol!

On a serious note, based on the images I`ve seen, it looks like he has similar facial structure to the 90`s version where he has a wider face and large muscular frame. Also, if you take notice to image #1 I posted, Baby Hope is all grown up so it wouldn`t make sense to have her as a baby with this version of Cable (unless I`m mistaken).

Believe me; it is a mess. He has lost his powers, then regained then just to lose them again. It is a nightmare! But all comics nowadays are the same. That is why I love my classic omnibuses.

This is what Cable is up to now. Larroca's art is cool but the story is meh.

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y539/jpsarri/Covers%20and%20prints/0162F6B9-1367-40AC-97AF-E25F0DFCDD36_zpsnhpiqi4n.png (http://s1279.photobucket.com/user/jpsarri/media/Covers%20and%20prints/0162F6B9-1367-40AC-97AF-E25F0DFCDD36_zpsnhpiqi4n.png.html)

SONICobra
11-13-2014, 12:37 AM
I tried that new series but just couldn't get into it

Hellsbells51
11-13-2014, 12:58 AM
I think it will too. Especially since these pieces on average are anywhere from $400 to $700 dollars more than an average Bowen piece, and a lot more detailed. Collectors on here dont seem to realize that it costs money to keep changing and changing and changing. Artists designs, studios being paid, hell, I'm sure rehauling Thor top to bottom was a nightmare. I'm glad they've done a lot of what they've done, them being XM. But, at some point, I cant see how they dont limit options. Look at the Thanos base issue. Its slowly leading to an entirely different concept from what it started. Thats money flushed.

One huge issue to take note is how these decisions are delaying product from our hands. While, yes, it makes a majority of us happy in the end...I would rather XM limit us to options because I trust the team of artists they have.

I agree. One of the things I like about Randy is that he doesn't play the cuddling game. It is A, B or C. Pretty simple. Maybe XM needs to create variants like Bowen to keep everybody happy.

Oh no, stay away from the variant talk! Lol! You know how people used to go off on Bowen and his variants! What`s funny is most of the Sideshow cats that voiced their displeasure with variants (of the same sculpt) are now seeing Sideshow doing the same.

BTW, I never understood why someone would choose allegiance to only one statue company....you`re only limiting yourself. There are so many great products from each company that I would hate to just stay true to just one. It`s like limiting yourself to only one ethnic group of female...you just don`t know what you`re missing out on when it comes to each. Asian, hispanic, caucasian, european, african-american, etc...they all have great qualities. And yes, I know...I live in San Diego where we are very culturally diverse. ;)

yes it seems some people are taking advantage of xm's willingness to listen to their fans. they all mean well but like you said they don't know how much time and money go into prototyping these pieces. I think giving collectors multiple choices (if any choices at all) is the only way to go otherwise this will get much more expensive for xm and collectors alike

Exactly. While the controversy creates attention and attention equals sales/popularity, there needs to be a cut off at some point. XM is relatively fresh in the game as far as being a licensed company, so I`m sure they`ll tighten up ship and re-think the way they do business at some point. Maybe they could give us deadlines for ideas so product isn`t delayed as much when going into production...?

Hellsbells51
11-13-2014, 01:03 AM
Believe me; it is a mess. He has lost his powers, then regained then just to lose them again. It is a nightmare! But all comics nowadays are the same. That is why I love my classic omnibuses.

This is what Cable is up to now. Larroca's art is cool but the story is meh.

It sounds and looks like a mess. Glad I don`t really read comics nowadays!

Remember Me?
11-13-2014, 01:23 AM
XM, please make the end of the scarf blowing in the air. It adds more dynamic affect on the pose.

The Mule
11-13-2014, 03:03 AM
Agreed that the chance of suggesting things shouldn't be abused, that's why I jumped at those suggesting (already) substantial changes. Way too early.
This level of interaction is a privilege, in this industry, and something I wouldn't want to lose.

gomur
11-13-2014, 03:38 AM

It sounds and looks like a mess. Glad I don`t really read comics nowadays!

Ha! For a second it sounded like you guys were talking about Wolverine. Comics!

loricstone
11-13-2014, 05:00 AM
I've been reading the past two or three pages of posts and it appears that you guys just don't get XM and their practice.

Apparently, you haven't read their statement and comments about others opinions and comments on their future statues.

They welcome it all (within reason) and make decisions on changes IF it makes sense and it coincides with the vision they have for each character....hence the Thor change....and I don't think people's comments had as big an effect on the redone Thor as some of you would like to believe.

I don't see XM going the Bowen route....EVER....for the very same reasons you state....these are special premium collectible statues made for the serious collector...and since cost is high....and territory to sell so limited...they want to be more involved with the community because they are going to push the company and the product forward.

One more thing...stop trying to predict what XM is and isn't going to do because a company or two before it changed a certain way. XM is XM....it's not Bowen....it's not SS....it's not GG....it's not Koto for a reason...and I don't see them ever attempting to be any of those.

Stop trying to be Ali Baba Shalama acting like you know for 100% certain what direction XM is going to take...because I know FACTUALLY you don't know.

Instead of Negative Nancying...why not try Positive Peeting for a bit?:)

Nidgit
11-13-2014, 05:08 AM
I've been reading the past two or three pages of posts and it appears that you guys just don't get XM and their practice.

Apparently, you haven't read their statement and comments about others opinions and comments on their future statues.

They welcome it all (within reason) and make decisions on changes IF it makes sense and it coincides with the vision they have for each character....hence the Thor change....and I don't think people's comments had as big an effect on the redone Thor as some of you would like to believe.

I don't see XM going the Bowen route....EVER....for the very same reasons you state....these are special premium collectible statues made for the serious collector...and since cost is high....and territory to sell so limited...they want to be more involved with the community because they are going to push the company and the product forward.

One more thing...stop trying to predict what XM is and isn't going to do because a company or two before it changed a certain way. XM is XM....it's not Bowen....it's not SS....it's not GG....it's not Koto for a reason...and I don't see them ever attempting to be any of those.

Stop trying to be Ali Baba Shalama acting like you know for 100% certain what direction XM is going to take...because I know FACTUALLY you don't know.

Instead of Negative Nancying...why not try Positive Peeting for a bit?:)

Ali Baba Shalama - Negative Nancying - Positive Peeting ???

You do realise you could be banned for any one of these comments

:p

loricstone
11-13-2014, 05:08 AM
One more thing....these decisions to alter or add something to a future statue aren't delaying these products getting into our hands. Conventions, QC factory check ups, and XM being a small company are bound to have small delays.

These statues fall in line. Btw, are all of you who claim that XM statues are being delayed ready for the big waterfall of products starting next month (IM MK 42, Black Widow, and Magneto first batches)?

JP Sarri
11-13-2014, 07:00 AM
BTW, I never understood why someone would choose allegiance to only one statue company....you`re only limiting yourself. There are so many great products from each company that I would hate to just stay true to just one. It`s like limiting yourself to only one ethnic group of female...you just don`t know what you`re missing out on when it comes to each. Asian, hispanic, caucasian, european, african-american, etc...they all have great qualities. And yes, I know...I live in San Diego where we are very culturally diverse. ;)

You know it! I've been thinking lately about moving back to SD. I'd be close to family, to Comicon (hehe, I'm a geek) and my daughter would have a better taste of cultural diversity. Plus, who can forget the fish tacos? I love me some southern Cali!

Going back to your allegiance comment; I completely agree. People do a disservice to themselves and to the hobby in general when they only stay loyal to one company. At the Ice Cream parlor you have to try different flavors. It cannot always be vanilla.

JP Sarri
11-13-2014, 07:22 AM

One huge issue to take note is how these decisions are delaying product from our hands. While, yes, it makes a majority of us happy in the end...I would rather XM limit us to options because I trust the team of artists they have.

Oh no, stay away from the variant talk! Lol! You know how people used to go off on Bowen and his variants! What`s funny is most of the Sideshow cats that voiced their displeasure with variants (of the same sculpt) are now seeing Sideshow doing the same.

Exactly. While the controversy creates attention and attention equals sales/popularity, there needs to be a cut off at some point. XM is relatively fresh in the game as far as being a licensed company, so I`m sure they`ll tighten up ship and re-think the way they do business at some point. Maybe they could give us deadlines for ideas so product isn`t delayed as much when going into production...?

I definitely agree with both of you, gentlemen. It is good that XM listens to its customers, but it is also a loaded gun. In one hand, it gives people the impression that their input matters and is taken into account; but on the other hand, it limits the vision of the artist and creates unnecessary controversy. At some point, XM has to cut the umbilical cord and go its own route. It is ok to not always please everyone. It is ok to be uptight with information. As long as your product maintains the highest quality possible, people are going to keep up buying. Even the naysayers.