PDA

View Full Version : XM Studio membership?

VS1976
11-11-2014, 12:57 AM
Just reading the XM site on standard & prestige membership. If you register 4 statues you become a prestige member. This entitles you to discounts, lottories, replacement parts and exclusive previews.

Now obviously, is there any point for collectors outside the Asian market to register? We obviously don't get discounts or can order from XM directly?

risingstar
11-11-2014, 12:59 AM
Nope.

Thor57
11-11-2014, 01:00 AM
The registering part comes in handy to verify your statue, since we cant order directly from them. Love it or hate it, that part of Asia is known for producing rip off items of all kinds. It wouldnt be hard for someone that we dont know, say, a FB or Ebay buyer to simply recast a statue and replicate their packaging.

The other stuff, I find the emails they sent as a registered member to come in handy, same with being a member with Simply Toys. The discounts, lotteries I dont think we can partake in, but not sure on the lottery part. No idea if we're entitled to replacement parts because of that.

VS1976
11-11-2014, 01:06 AM
The registering part comes in handy to verify your statue, since we cant order directly from them. Love it or hate it, that part of Asia is known for producing rip off items of all kinds. It wouldnt be hard for someone that we dont know, say, a FB or Ebay buyer to simply recast a statue and replicate their packaging.

The other stuff, I find the emails they sent as a registered member to come in handy, same with being a member with Simply Toys. The discounts, lotteries I dont think we can partake in, but not sure on the lottery part. No idea if we're entitled to replacement parts because of that.

Replacement parts would be cool. Can XM verify this of its open to anyone? I would find recasting the box to be very difficult due to how its constructed.

cartman5579
11-13-2014, 09:57 PM
I've registered my Hulk and Cap statues on their site. Still not sure why i'm doing it, but makes me feel better knowing that they are registered for some reason lol

built2shred
11-13-2014, 09:58 PM
I thought after they're registered (within a time limit I imagine) they do a raffle and the winner gets an artist proof statue.

Bobfrog
11-13-2014, 10:09 PM
I thought after they're registered (within a time limit I imagine) they do a raffle and the winner gets an artist proof statue.

EDIT: not sure if that's how it works but I could be wrong...Had a look back and couldn't see any reference to how they said it worked.

actionjackson83
11-13-2014, 10:59 PM
I register my statue because it verifies its authenticity, and I figure if they ever get any other licenses that are global, I will be a premier member then and get the discounts and benefits the buyers in asia get now down the line.

Thor57
11-13-2014, 11:17 PM
I didnt verify mine before I left. I need to do that right when I get home, especially if what Bob is saying is true. I dont recall hearing that, but not disputing it.

built2shred
11-14-2014, 12:45 AM
was it that there is a raffle or is it that there is an AP statue out there already i.e. XM knows which specific number is an AP, they all get sent out to people who PO'd them, then everyone registers and eventually some lucky dude realises that they are the proud owner of an AP. I was under the impression that it worked like that and not that a new statue was sent out. Could well be wrong. Either way its a nice, quirky way to do it.

It was a long time ago when they talked about it and I could be wrong, but I'm pretty positive it was a raffle style event....

gaijin
11-14-2014, 02:28 AM
Use forwarding agents when order direct from XM. Why not