PDA

View Full Version : XM General Discussion Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

The Mule
11-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Since the "Ask" thread has been flooded with other arguments and (rightfully) the mods asked to bring the talk somewhere else, I thought it could be useful to have a generic thread to discuss of everything.
The XM guys could also use this for sneaks/teases and so on if they prefer to keep the "Ask" thread clean for just the Q&A.

Bobfrog
11-11-2014, 06:25 PM
Nice idea.

Sure people will still go off on their rants though, just the way of it.

Also for those who don't know it exists and want to continue the XM vs that other company you can go here:

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=144483

Dark Logic
11-17-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't know if this could happen, but wouldn't it be beautiful if SS and XM could collaborate on a few pieces? Before anyone jumps on me for saying this, allow me to define that...

What I mean is, Ive seen SS collaborate with other companies in regards to marketing and distribution. The other company would usually be responsible for the design and SS would facilitate the piece through there distribution channels and maybe production. I could be mistaken on how this arrangement was structured with past collaborations, but we've seen something similar in the past.

The purpose of this would be for a larger ES, and licensing that spans Asia and U.S.A..with both companies a part of this, Im certain they could work out the licensing details with Marvel legal. Consider it would only be for a few pieces (not a permanent partnership). I know its to late for any pieces already approved, but this is something Id hope could happen in the future. Would make it so much easier to have an XM piece in the U.S.A.

Any thoughts on this?

The Mule
11-17-2014, 10:23 AM
I agree and I thought about it as well.
But there are a couple factors that make me think we won't see this cooperation:

1) Sideshow has never distributed pieces that would be direct competition. They distributed for Bowen and Pop Culture Shock, and keep distributing for ARH and Hot Toys, plus Three A, Electric Tiki and Tweeterhead, if memory serves.
Problem is, none of these are producing or have produced 1/4 Marvel pieces.

2) When distributing, Sideshow has, of course, their share of earning on each product and they also have a margin for negotiating the retail price. I remember that this was confirmed both by Jerry (PCS) and Averone (ARH). That's why PCS decided to sell everything directly a pair of years ago.

If you sum up points (1) and (2), you end with two companies that now are in competition, but divided by different price points and different areas for market. With distribution via Sideshow, they would enter into direct competition, in the same areas and with one of the two that can "interfere" with the retail price of the other.
This basically would be a recipe for disaster. XM would end immediatly their collaboration (I mean, they are already selling out now, even if they upped the ES to 1500 or 2000 they could keep their actual business model and have no need for NA/UE distribution), Sideshow has nothing to gain by direct competition, what they earn for distribution would probably just even out with the hindered sales they would end up with, and customers would just be pissed off about the whole mess.

Maybe I'm just being pessimist but I'm trying to keep at mind that this is a business, first. Companies are in the industry for money and a scenario that would potentially hurt both companies "just" to make more customers happy looks improbable, to me.

Dark Logic
11-17-2014, 10:29 AM
I agree and I thought about it as well.
But there are a couple factors that make me think we won't see this cooperation:

1) Sideshow has never distributed pieces that would be direct competition. They distributed for Bowen and Pop Culture Shock, and keep distributing for ARH and Hot Toys, plus Three A, Electric Tiki and Tweeterhead, if memory serves.
Problem is, none of these are producing or have produced 1/4 Marvel pieces.

2) When distributing, Sideshow has, of course, their share of earning on each product and they also have a margin for negotiating the retail price. I remember that this was confirmed both by Jerry (PCS) and Averone (ARH). That's why PCS decided to sell everything directly a pair of years ago.

If you sum up points (1) and (2), you end with two companies that now are in competition, but divided by different price points and different areas for market. With distribution via Sideshow, they would enter into direct competition, in the same areas and with one of the two that can "interfere" with the retail price of the other.
This basically would be a recipe for disaster. XM would end immediatly their collaboration (I mean, they are already selling out now, even if they upped the ES to 1500 or 2000 they could keep their actual business model and have no need for NA/UE distribution), Sideshow has nothing to gain by direct competition, what they earn for distribution would probably just even out with the hindered sales they would end up with, and customers would just be pissed off about the whole mess.

Maybe I'm just being pessimist but I'm trying to keep at mind that this is a business, first. Companies are in the industry for money and a scenario that would potentially hurt both companies "just" to make more customers happy looks improbable, to me.

I see. But you don't think all that can be worked out before hand where its mutually beneficial for both? Even in some cases limit that 1 piece collaboration to the EU and USA markets? (no offense Asia)

The Mule
11-17-2014, 10:51 AM
If you mean excluding Asia completely, even for a single piece, I'd just think that it's not fair. I'm in Europe and sure as hell I know what it means to be cut off and have to pay inflated prices to get what I want. It's not something I wish would happen to others, especially if it's done "on purpose".

Most of all, I can't see any scenario in which it would be "mutually beneficial for both". Just consider this: even if people seem to keep claiming that XM is too expensive, Sideshow is not *that* far.
Their statues retail somewhere mid 400$ now, when you factor in shipping, final price is very well around 500$. Now, figure Sideshow that receives XM's pieces at wholesale, via sea, it would be more or less like BBTS, but with more discount and better rates. Most XM pieces could easily retail at around $650, at least the "standard sized" ones, like Cap, Ant Man, Hawkeye and the like. Factor in shipping, and you'd end up with 700$ delivered, possibly even less considering that people is getting XM's pieces at that price from BBTS.
The price difference between SS and XM would not be that much, while the quality and design differences would be obvious to the customers.
And add in the speed at which XM teases and produces new characters, especially the most wanted that Sideshow just refuses to make. Sideshow's Marvel line would end up annhilated. This is most surely an unfavorable scenario, for Sideshow. And even for XM, they could probably move their pieces faster, but would earn less on each piece for the distribution fee they'd need to pay to Sideshow.

dino76m
11-17-2014, 11:44 AM
why does XM need Sideshow, they are already selling out, funny seeing US collectors whining about not having something available locally and having trouble ordering ,lol
we international collectors have been going through this for years, even the stuff i bought from SS if i tried selling it on secondary market , i would barely break even even if most of them have gone up in value by quite a bit

Dark Logic
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
why does XM need Sideshow, they are already selling out, funny seeing US collectors whining about not having something available locally and having trouble ordering ,lol
we international collectors have been going through this for years, even the stuff i bought from SS if i tried selling it on secondary market , i would barely break even even if most of them have gone up in value by quite a bit

Peace brother. No one needs anyone. This would be one more way some pieces could be available to markets they weren't otherwise. Besides, it was just an idea, dream, fantasy. Were in this together friend. Just trying to be solution oriented in this wonderful hobby. Would you like to suggest how pieces could be more easily available in your market? :)

The Mule
11-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Well, to be fair, I've been vocal too with US customers about the matter, when I felt that some of them had a demanding attitude towards XM.
I think that Dark Logic is genuinely interested in a collaboration between the companies that would also benefit more customers, more than a simple "I want it in my country I don't want to pay 250$ for shipping!". It makes sense that US customers are interested in the matter and I'm fine with it until the debate doesn't fall into claims and demands.

Just wanted to add that my opinion on the matter, with the scenarios I depicted above, is my personal view of course and based on assumptions. It's what my guts tell me about it.

Hellboy
11-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Since the "Ask" thread has been flooded with other arguments and (rightfully) the mods asked to bring the talk somewhere else, I thought it could be useful to have a generic thread to discuss of everything.
The XM guys could also use this for sneaks/teases and so on if they prefer to keep the "Ask" thread clean for just the Q&A.

Great idea! :thumbs2:

I've changed the thread title a bit to better reflect what it is. Hopefully this will help keep the "Ask XM" thread dedicated to the Q&A format.

I've also made this thread "sticky" for easy access.

JP Sarri
11-17-2014, 05:44 PM
Great idea! :thumbs2:

I've changed the thread title a bit to better reflect what it is. Hopefully this will help keep the "Ask XM" thread dedicated to the Q&A format.

I've also made this thread "sticky" for easy access.

Damn, Mule! You got one right. I knew you were smart. :eplus2:

Hellboy, I think this a great idea. We should have one on each company section. Great way to flush quarrels but also to share new ideas. :thumbs2:

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Guys / gals, I'm going to Singapore in a weeks time and heading to the studio. Not sure what the XM policy is on allowing fans to take pics but, assuming I am allowed to, is there is anything that anyone specifically would like me to try and get some shots of then I'll do my best.

I'll be taking my DSLR with me (+ menagerie of lenses) so should hopefully get at least a few nice shots.

I hope I get to see some of these in person...phoenix and mags!!

Hellboy
11-17-2014, 07:48 PM
Guys / gals, I'm going to Singapore in a weeks time and heading to the studio. Not sure what the XM policy is on allowing fans to take pics but assuming I am allowed to if there is anything that anyone specifically would like me to try and get some shots of then I'll do my best.

I'll be taking my DSLR with me (+ menagerie of lenses) so should hopefully get at least a few nice shots.

Nice! Looking forward to it. :cool:

JP Sarri
11-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Guys / gals, I'm going to Singapore in a weeks time and heading to the studio. Not sure what the XM policy is on allowing fans to take pics but, assuming I am allowed to, is there is anything that anyone specifically would like me to try and get some shots of then I'll do my best.

Super cool!!! :thumbs2:

Freak_Zombie
11-17-2014, 08:17 PM

There shouldn't be an issue in taking pics. I've been there plenty and they've even encouraged taking pics. Very friendly and warm bunch. :)
Anyways hit me up if you're coming to Singapore, We could go check out some statue shops or something, :)

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 08:33 PM
There shouldn't be an issue in taking pics. I've been there plenty and they've even encouraged taking pics. Very friendly and warm bunch. :)
Anyways hit me up if you're coming to Singapore, We could go check out some statue shops or something, :)

Sounds good thanks mate. I'll send you a PM!

Wish I had my tripod with me but I'm sure I'll survive. Good to hear they actively encourage pics :thumbs2:

We're sadly only there for 4 days as its a stop over on the way to the UK...we had a choice of there or HK and I sneakily used some jedi mind tricks to make her think Singpore was the better bet...that's if you can count begging as a mind trick :)

Nidgit
11-17-2014, 09:15 PM

I'd like you to try and sneak a Magneto statue out for me.

Of course you'll have to check their policy first. :p

bicoid18
11-17-2014, 09:17 PM

Nice!

Selfishly speaking, I'd love to see close-ups of Phoenix's portrait. But I'd be happy and thankful for any new pics. Maybe you can buy the fellas a few rounds of drinks so they can spill what new licenses or statues they got in the pipeline. :laugh:

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 09:37 PM

Maybe I can arrange several visits and do an andy dufrane...just take him out bit by bit!

Nice!

Selfishly speaking, I'd love to see close-ups of Phoenix's portrait. But I'd be happy and thankful for any new pics. Maybe you can buy the fellas a few rounds of drinks so they can spill what new licenses or statues they got in the pipeline. :laugh:

No probs, I'll do my best. Got a decent macro lens if you want REALLY close up pics, heh. Won't be necessary though.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing what the hulk looks like as I didn't order him so want to see if I like the look of him in person / if I could get one and do a custom head.

And yeah, I'll do my best to buy them as many drinks as possible but I have to save as much cash as possible for future XM releases so unless they are lightweights then we'll be none the wiser!

Nidgit
11-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Maybe I can arrange several visits and do an andy dufrane...just take him out bit by bit!

:laugh:

Great plan. Quick stroll in the yard. Drop an arm here, a helmet there . . . . just stay away from the Sisters :eek:

Viper245
11-17-2014, 09:50 PM

That"s awesome Bobfrog. I am really looking forward to whatever pics you can get. I'd be interested in seeing some more pics of Ant-man and Hawkeye if you can swing it. Enjoy your trip my friend.

:laugh: It's nice to see flashes of the old Nidgit every now and again. Moddom has dampened your witty humor a bit my friend but I realize you have the keys to the asylum now and have to keep the residents in line.

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 09:58 PM
That"s awesome Bobfrog. I am really looking forward to whatever pics you can get. I'd be interested in seeing some more pics of Ant-man and Hawkeye if you can swing it. Enjoy your trip my friend.

:laugh: It's nice to see flashes of the old Nidgit every now and again. Moddom has dampened your witty humor a bit my friend but I realize you have the keys to the asylum now and have to keep the residents in line.

Done and done...tbh I'll take as many pics of all of them as I can...as an example of how many shots I generally take, my wife often walks off when I find something interesting to shoot and waits in the car, lol. Oh and I went on a 9 week travelling trip and came back with a few hundred gigs of photos...oops.

Don't worry though I'll only upload the decent ones. Hopefully the lighting does them justice.

Nidgit
11-17-2014, 09:58 PM

Thanks mate. It's still good fun . . . the pay is crap though :p

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 10:00 PM
Hey nidgit,
on a random note and whilst you're here I just messaged Galactus about adamantium membership. presumably he/she was the right person to ask seeing as they posted the original message in the membership part of the forum?
cheers mate

Viper245
11-17-2014, 10:10 PM

Thanks mate. It's still good fun . . . the pay is crap though :p

Done and done...tbh I'll take as many pics of all of them as I can...as an example of how many shots I generally take, my wife often walks off when I find something interesting to shoot and waits in the car, lol. Oh and I went on a 9 week travelling trip and came back with a few hundred gigs of photos...oops.

Don't worry though I'll only upload the decent ones. Hopefully the lighting does them justice.

:laugh: many thanks, Bobfrog

Hellboy
11-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Hey nidgit,
on a random note and whilst you're here I just messaged Galactus about adamantium membership. presumably he/she was the right person to ask seeing as they posted the original message in the membership part of the forum?
cheers mate

Galactus is no longer active on the forum. Feel free to PM any of the other mods (including myself) with questions and we'll help you out.

Bobfrog
11-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Galactus is no longer active on the forum. Feel free to PM any of the other mods (including myself) with questions and we'll help you out.

Cool, thanks mate. I did wonder if that was the case. Look out for a PM coming your way soon then, cheers

Dark Logic
11-17-2014, 11:21 PM
If you mean excluding Asia completely, even for a single piece, I'd just think that it's not fair. I'm in Europe and sure as hell I know what it means to be cut off and have to pay inflated prices to get what I want. It's not something I wish would happen to others, especially if it's done "on purpose".

Most of all, I can't see any scenario in which it would be "mutually beneficial for both". Just consider this: even if people seem to keep claiming that XM is too expensive, Sideshow is not *that* far.
Their statues retail somewhere mid 400$ now, when you factor in shipping, final price is very well around 500$. Now, figure Sideshow that receives XM's pieces at wholesale, via sea, it would be more or less like BBTS, but with more discount and better rates. Most XM pieces could easily retail at around $650, at least the "standard sized" ones, like Cap, Ant Man, Hawkeye and the like. Factor in shipping, and you'd end up with 700$ delivered, possibly even less considering that people is getting XM's pieces at that price from BBTS.
The price difference between SS and XM would not be that much, while the quality and design differences would be obvious to the customers.
And add in the speed at which XM teases and produces new characters, especially the most wanted that Sideshow just refuses to make. Sideshow's Marvel line would end up annhilated. This is most surely an unfavorable scenario, for Sideshow. And even for XM, they could probably move their pieces faster, but would earn less on each piece for the distribution fee they'd need to pay to Sideshow.

Only for 1 or 2 pieces. Consider a digital sculpt designed by XM, produced and distributed by SS. Or designed by XM and produced with SS resources on XM's dime, and distributed by SS. I'm not sure how it could be structured, but if there's a will, there's a way. Maybe not soon, but in the future. Perhaps XM can arrange the deal where they produce the same pieces for the exclusive Asia market as well.

khrisc
11-17-2014, 11:47 PM
sooooo..XM will just be the designer and SS produces everything? doesnt make sense to me..i dont even want SS to touch anything made by XM..considering SS cant even improve their QC issues and we all also know that sometimes SS shows a much better prototype than production pieces so i dont want that..i dont want a hit or miss thing/luck involved when receiving production pieces.

Dark Logic
11-18-2014, 12:38 AM
sooooo..XM will just be the designer and SS produces everything? doesnt make sense to me..i dont even want SS to touch anything made by XM..considering SS cant even improve their QC issues and we all also know that sometimes SS shows a much better prototype than production pieces so i dont want that..i dont want a hit or miss thing/luck involved when receiving production pieces.

All of these details can be worked out behind the scenes. XM can have a secondary QC process. If SS could produce a quality XM piece that meets your approval, would you be in favor of a collaboration allowing a few XM pieces to reach markets they would not otherwise?

Nidgit
11-18-2014, 12:43 AM
Gotta love you guys. You've gone from critiquing their bases and sculpts, to restructuring their business model :laugh:

Hellboy
11-18-2014, 03:23 AM
Gotta love you guys. You've gone from critiquing their bases and sculpts, to restructuring their business model :laugh:

All within a typical day's discussion in the XM section. :soapb:

Dark Logic
11-18-2014, 11:03 AM
My question is not an original idea as it relates to the industry. As you know, statue company collaborations have happened and are still happening. Knowing this fact is what prompted the question. So its not a far fetched idea. The worst that can happen is the companies say "No".

No matter the outcome, at least I asked the question.

Spidey976
11-18-2014, 12:54 PM
Only for 1 or 2 pieces. Consider a digital sculpt designed by XM, produced and distributed by SS. Or designed by XM and produced with SS resources on XM's dime, and distributed by SS. I'm not sure how it could be structured, but if there's a will, there's a way. Maybe not soon, but in the future. Perhaps XM can arrange the deal where they produce the same pieces for the exclusive Asia market as well.

XM has already answered the questions about a joint operation before, and they just aren't interested in working with/for SSC right now. So consider your idea already considered, debated, and shot down.

Dark Logic
11-18-2014, 02:15 PM
XM has already answered the questions about a joint operation before, and they just aren't interested in working with/for SSC right now. So consider your idea already considered, debated, and shot down.

Thanks Spidey976!..such a helpful chap you are....:)

You seem to be the only one that has a definitive answer from XM regarding this. If what you say is true, please link me so I can read up and stop asking the question.
If xm says no, there is no need for me to continue asking the question. I respect there thoughts on this.
If your links are simply xm saying they don't want to be SS, we already know that and doesn't answer my question. Maybe you need to reread my question?

The whole purpose of this exercise was to see, (all things considered) if collectors wouldn't mind some distribution on a few pieces. That's it. Noting else was implied. Its happened before and its happening now with other companies and ss. The past and current collaborations didn't seem to effect quality (however I could be mistaken on that last point..). thanks :)

Demona
11-18-2014, 02:41 PM
I wouldn't want SS touching my XM pieces in any form -- creation, design, painting or shipping. It only muddies the waters if there are issues.

This is true especially since SSC has started phoning in their Marvel lines and shifted a great deal to DC and orignal pieces. Which is fine -- I enjoy having the options for both Marvel (XM) and DC (SS) pieces.

IF XM gets the rights to DC (which I don't see happening) then SSC might start feeling cagey. Until then, let them live in some sort of peace where fans of collecting don't have to worry about too many cooks in the kitchen.

Hell, we can't even get thru a thread without nit-picking ONE company design and pitting SSC and XM against each other thru own opinions. Could you imagine if TWO companies worked together?! Lord almighty.

Spidey976
11-18-2014, 02:44 PM

You seem to be the only one that has a definitive answer from XM regarding this. If what you say is true, please link me so I can read up and stop asking the question.
If xm says no, there is no need for me to continue asking the question. I respect there thoughts on this.
If your links are simply xm saying they don't want to be SS, we already know that and doesn't answer my question. Maybe you need to reread my question?

The whole purpose of this exercise was to see, (all things considered) if collectors wouldn't mind some distribution on a few pieces. That's it. Noting else was implied. Its happened before and its happening now with other companies and ss. The past and current collaborations didn't seem to effect quality (however I could be mistaken on that last point..). thanks :)

DL you are a really good sport and I am sorry if any of reponses seemed short or condescending. That was not my intention. As for provinding a link, I don't know if I could even find the conversation(s) anymore, they are SO burried in all the XM threads that I am pretty sure I would NEVER be able to fine them again. I know the general gist as I said in the other thread, I just know that they aren't interested in that kind of partnership with SSC right now or atleast they weren't during those conversations, and I don't see that changing. MAYBE when XM has the ability to negotiate THEIR terms from a stronger position, but as of right now SSC is the big kid on the block and they would most likely insist on calling the shots. I just can't see XM going into that kind of relationship right now.

keewan
11-18-2014, 02:55 PM

You can find it in 1 of Bryan's 310 posts. I think it was in a long one about collaboration... Or take the easy route and post on the ask XM thread.

Spidey976
11-18-2014, 03:05 PM
You can find it in 1 of Bryan's 310 posts. I think it was in a long one about collaboration... Or take the easy route and post on the ask XM thread.

LOL.... Heck if it was just as easy as searching his posts I would have done that already, but I think it cuts you off at the most recent 100... lol.

Dark Logic
11-18-2014, 05:23 PM
DL you are a really good sport and I am sorry if any of reponses seemed short or condescending. That was not my intention. As for provinding a link, I don't know if I could even find the conversation(s) anymore, they are SO burried in all the XM threads that I am pretty sure I would NEVER be able to fine them again. I know the general gist as I said in the other thread, I just know that they aren't interested in that kind of partnership with SSC right now or atleast they weren't during those conversations, and I don't see that changing. MAYBE when XM has the ability to negotiate THEIR terms from a stronger position, but as of right now SSC is the big kid on the block and they would most likely insist on calling the shots. I just can't see XM going into that kind of relationship right now.

No hard feelings friend, "thick skin" is my middle name...for now. :battherapy:

traylorc
11-18-2014, 05:41 PM

If XM has the mindset of not wanting to deal with SS right now...good for them...I think is a smart business move for the being.

XM is new to the market and at this point would have minimal leverage in negotiating a distribution agreement with SS. As you mentioned Spidey....any agreement negotiated at this point and time would likely overwhelmingly favor SS.

Spidey976
11-18-2014, 06:40 PM
No hard feelings friend, "thick skin" is my middle name...for now. :battherapy:

It is all good m8

If XM has the mindset of not wanting to deal with SS right now...good for them...I think is a smart business move for the being.

XM is new to the market and at this point would have minimal leverage in negotiating a distribution agreement with SS. As you mentioned Spidey....any agreement negotiated at this point and time would likely overwhelmingly favor SS.

Yep, I wouldn't do it if I were them. They don't need to right now, and when they have more stroke ... Well that is when I could see it happen for the betterment of both parties.

mistermark
11-19-2014, 12:09 AM
I wouldn't want SS touching my XM pieces in any form -- creation, design, painting or shipping. It only muddies the waters if there are issues.

This is true especially since SSC has started phoning in their Marvel lines and shifted a great deal to DC and orignal pieces. Which is fine -- I enjoy having the options for both Marvel (XM) and DC (SS) pieces.

IF XM gets the rights to DC (which I don't see happening) then SSC might start feeling cagey. Until then, let them live in some sort of peace where fans of collecting don't have to worry about too many cooks in the kitchen.

Hell, we can't even get thru a thread without nit-picking ONE company design and pitting SSC and XM against each other thru own opinions. Could you imagine if TWO companies worked together?! Lord almighty.

I agree with all of this. I am probably still getting Catwoman from SS and new Freddy Krueger PF but after that, I am all about XM. Their quality is incredible as are their designs. Low ES, brilliant and unique designs and solid casts. Totally worth the extra cost and frankly, much classier to not ever be affiliated with SS (SS business model and qc has tarnished their rep lately). XM is too new and they have done no wrong as of yet, so why go to an old company that seems to be on a slow decline? :crazy:

bicoid18
11-19-2014, 01:07 AM
No probs, I'll do my best. Got a decent macro lens if you want REALLY close up pics, heh. Won't be necessary though.

I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing what the hulk looks like as I didn't order him so want to see if I like the look of him in person / if I could get one and do a custom head.

And yeah, I'll do my best to buy them as many drinks as possible but I have to save as much cash as possible for future XM releases so unless they are lightweights then we'll be none the wiser!

Cheers Bobfrog, I hope XM Hulk impresses in person. :buttrock:

I'm looking at facing some tough choices in terms of purging some stuff to help fund my XM orders in the new year. So I guess I'm hoping your pics will help make letting those pieces go easier to swallow. :laugh:

Dark Logic
11-19-2014, 09:14 AM
It is all good m8

Yep, I wouldn't do it if I were them. They don't need to right now, and when they have more stroke ... Well that is when I could see it happen for the betterment of both parties.

I agree. Now may not be the time for the reasons you explained. In the future I think it would be great to see some XM pieces via SS distribution (only) to allow the states and EU some hassle free XM pieces.

I agree it would be important to have the deal set up where xm maintains QC standards and they be the ones to produce the piece. In regards to leverage, I do think it would be very important for SS to approach XM first on this vs the other way around. As you said, leverage is important in negotiating terms and if XM came knocking at SS door, that would give SS the leverage advantage thus the possibility of less favorable terms. And we all know, XM DOES NOT NEED SS badly enough to accept less favorable terms. To be fair, I don't know if SS would pull a move like that..Id hope they would be more than fair considering collectors are watching how SS will treat the fan favored XM.

In the corporate world, Ive seen instances where the bigger more dominate company would welcome the hot, new kid on the block in a collaboration or in this case, distribution as a show of good faith and to show the customers, "see, we love these guys too...no ill will..we have nothing to fear from them".lol...

If some don't like SS current pieces, you have to at least appreciate there efforts at positioning themselves as a hub (go between) for distribution and licensing. If you feel SS standards have declined, the focus on distribution is a smart move.

The Mule
11-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Thing is, Sideshow is slow. They may have set the standards and so on, but they are failing to adapt. Every change they make seems to take forever to be accomplished. People have been complaining about the open ES in their Legendary Scale line for years, and Sideshow waited until a few days ago to slap an ES on the Obi Wan LSF, probably because it was selling SO BAD that they NEEDED the low ES to sell it.
I mean, it doesn't take years and years of pondering to take a similar decision? Years in which their pieces are produced with old criterias. This is the main factor for which their LSF line has been a huge fail up to now, and it took years for them to figure it out and we still have only ONE case where they applied common sense. Let's see if future LSFs keep this INNOVATIVE INNOVATION alive or if they'll just try to go back to open ES.

I don't know why everything takes so long for them, but if they keep this pace they'll likely open to XM when XM will have a worldwide license for everything and will need SS even less than now.

Dark Logic
11-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Thing is, Sideshow is slow. They may have set the standards and so on, but they are failing to adapt. Every change they make seems to take forever to be accomplished. People have been complaining about the open ES in their Legendary Scale line for years, and Sideshow waited until a few days ago to slap an ES on the Obi Wan LSF, probably because it was selling SO BAD that they NEEDED the low ES to sell it.
I mean, it doesn't take years and years of pondering to take a similar decision? Years in which their pieces are produced with old criterias. This is the main factor for which their LSF line has been a huge fail up to now, and it took years for them to figure it out and we still have only ONE case where they applied common sense. Let's see if future LSFs keep this INNOVATIVE INNOVATION alive or if they'll just try to go back to open ES.

I don't know why everything takes so long for them, but if they keep this pace they'll likely open to XM when XM will have a worldwide license for everything and will need SS even less than now.

lol...sounds like SS better reach out quick before they are not needed.

Slow?...funny you should say that. Something comes to mind. Consider Im not saying this is SS problem...Ill give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are light years from this, but I've seen situations in big, older type (privately held) companies where management is older..been in the position for years, not very computer literate, less ambitious and not up on current software or innovations, using the same old software back from years ago (for basic paper work and official forms)...They just do things in a very slow, procrastinating, last minute, (wait til your back is up against the wall) manner. These people maybe actually do work 30 minutes out of a 8hr day with a 2 to 3 hour lunch. Very stuborn and set in there ways. Cant tell them squat. These guys sit back comfortable, no longer hungry and totally out of touch. The most talented and motivated in the company are usually the artists or grunts but they are constantly slowed down by there superiors. Again, not saying this is side show, just what I've observed in other industries. I personaly hope SS will never get like this.

The Mule
11-19-2014, 04:47 PM
I am also not sure that they are the official distributor but on the German forum, the shop said that they had to buy 300 XM-pieces to be able to get them all. Magneto was there for sale a few days ago, I saw it for sale for 1100€...

I followed the discussion there a little bit and it seems that they had to buy the stock of Semic(French, previous European distributor).

Well, this completely defeats the purpose of european distribution. The prices are so high that you could seriously order from Asia, pay the expensive shipping and the ludicrous customs fees, and still spend less than that.

CEETEE
11-19-2014, 04:56 PM
Well, this completely defeats the purpose of european distribution. The prices are so high that you could seriously order from Asia, pay the expensive shipping and the ludicrous customs fees, and still spend less than that.
What I could understand is that the first ones are so expensive because they had to invest a big amount upfront already.

The new statues of 2015 would have a much better pricing....

I never ordered from them so I can't so anything about them. Like you said I am not sure they are the official distributor since XM did not announce anything yet.

The Mule
11-19-2014, 05:02 PM
Still makes no sense. I could understand for sold out pieces like Magneto and Phoenix (even if I'm not crazy about an official retailer flipping preorders), but thanos pre-preorder at 999€? Hawkeye, Ant Man and Hulk at 800-850€?
The only one that COULD pass is the Mark 42 at 719€. Still overpriced, and it's plenty available from Singapore too, but at least it doesn't have a ludicrous mark up.

I have a bad feeling about this, honestly.

GrumpyBear
11-19-2014, 05:07 PM
Still makes no sense. I could understand for sold out pieces like Magneto and Phoenix (even if I'm not crazy about an official retailer flipping preorders), but thanos pre-preorder at 999€? Hawkeye, Ant Man and Hulk at 800-850€?
The only one that COULD pass is the Mark 42 at 719€. Still overpriced, and it's plenty available from Singapore too, but at least it doesn't have a ludicrous mark up.

:goodpost:

And i´m from germany. I save €100 if i do not order from heldenshop, but pay still FedEx air shipping and customs. I get Thanos or Phoenix nearly €150 cheaper.

And guys try to tell me any reason why this pieces going cheaper with new statues in 2015? :confused:

CEETEE
11-19-2014, 05:11 PM

I am with you on all the things you are saying. A European retailer shouldn't be more expensive than a Singapore retailer, especially with the high shipping costs for these regions to us...

And here we are talking about BIG markups on all the XM-statues which is also not something I totally understand.
Maybe it is better to wait on some official news from XM before drawing any conclusions...

CEETEE
11-19-2014, 05:13 PM

And i´m from germany. I save €100 if i do not order from heldenshop, but pay still FedEx air shipping and customs. I get Thanos or Phoenix nearly €150 cheaper.

And guys try to tell me any reason why this pieces going cheaper with new statues in 2015? :confused:
Grumpy, you participated in the discussion on the German forum. Weren't they saying that the prices for the 2015 statues would be cheaper?

The Mule
11-19-2014, 05:16 PM
Yup, I'm waiting for official news too.
As I said, I exchanged a few messages with the shop. He told me he is an official XM retailer, then told me that "his distributor" is importing XM pieces in Europe, but "for now" he is the only retailer who has them. Things don't add up to me.

CEETEE
11-19-2014, 05:22 PM
Yup, I'm waiting for official news too.
As I said, I exchanged a few messages with the shop. He told me he is an official XM retailer, then told me that "his distributor" is importing XM pieces in Europe, but "for now" he is the only retailer who has them. Things don't add up to me.
Seems indeed all a little bit strange... I am happy I could order all my XM-statues via Simply Toys, they really have sharp prices on the XM-statues. Even with shipping and customs like Grumpy said, it will be a lot cheaper.

GrumpyBear
11-19-2014, 06:07 PM
Grumpy, you participated in the discussion on the German forum. Weren't they saying that the prices for the 2015 statues would be cheaper?

Yes there are a few words about that. Like if i can sell the 300 statues, i get the new ones in the future and to favorable conditions. But on the other side he push the last day the hulk from €719 to €819. The meaning of "favorable conditions" is wide for me.

The Mule
11-20-2014, 08:11 AM
Even at 700 € it would be expensive, for the standard priced ones. I thought that Semic was expensive, with 699 for standard ones, 749 for Wolverine and 799 for Magneto.
I mean, seriously. These guys buy the statues at wholesale price, have them shipped via sea and probably also have more favorable customs fees (that are more favorable anyway, since the overall and unitary value of the goods is much lower).
I understand that a retailer must have his markup, but it can't be that they cost as much or more than ordering direct from Singapore, with express shipping and full customs.

GrumpyBear
11-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Yes, the heldenshop pricing is just a pure joke. If it starts now that other EU distributors can sell XM statues it will be easy to be cheaper as this shop.

The Mule
11-21-2014, 08:31 AM
Nope they aren't our EU distributor - its the first time I've heard of them. The EU distributor is putting their website together and I will announce once that's ready.

Raptor Jesus, thanks God Bryan updated us quickly. So basically these guys fed us with s**t.

CEETEE
11-21-2014, 09:31 AM
Raptor Jesus, thanks God Bryan updated us quickly. So basically these guys fed us with s**t.
I still don't get it how they could get so many XM-statues? Do they even have all these statues?

The Mule
11-21-2014, 09:34 AM
I still don't get it how they could get so many XM-statues? Do they even have all these statues?

I suppose not, at this point. Example: do we know how many Magnetos were sold? The distributor is expected to have 10 of them.
I bet that Semic didn't even sell 10 Magnetos at 800€, they were still available, so I'd claim bull---- on 10 Magnetos sold in a heartbeat for 1100€.

XM STUDIOS
11-21-2014, 11:51 AM
From what I know taxes to EU is high and shipping is not cheap. Can't compare their price we a Singapore retailer.

The Mule
11-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I know. Still, if I order direct from Singapore with express shipping (FedEx) and full customs (average 22-25%), I pay less than most of the prices the new reailer had (which were 850-1000€). Semic's prices were decent, but still too high imho.

A distributor that receives bulk shipments via sea can save a huge lot on shipping, and since the customs are a % of the total value, their fees drop too.

CEETEE
11-21-2014, 04:33 PM
I know. Still, if I order direct from Singapore with express shipping (FedEx) and full customs (average 22-25%), I pay less than most of the prices the new reailer had (which were 850-1000€). Semic's prices were decent, but still too high imho.

A distributor that receives bulk shipments via sea can save a huge lot on shipping, and since the customs are a % of the total value, their fees drop too.
I agree with you there, the prices should not be higher than what we are paying for the statues that come straight from Singapore because that is including shipping and customs already...

I think it is save to say that Heldenshop bought almost the complete stock of the EU distributor. This is what Shorudan said about the stock that was gonna be shipped to the EU distributor:

Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
http://www.xm-studios.com/po-ship-dates.aspx

Statues shipping out!!

Hulk - 50 pcs - stock coming in this week , able to ship
Ironman mk 42 - 70 pcs - stock coming in next month
Black widow - 60 pcs - stock in next month
Magneto - 10 pcs - stock in between dec and january
Hawkeye - 50 pcs - stock in jan -feb
Wolverine - 50 pcs - stock in jan - feb
Antman - 50 pcs - stock in april
Phoenix - 50 pcs - stock in april

shorudan
11-22-2014, 02:58 AM
I agree with you there, the prices should not be higher than what we are paying for the statues that come straight from Singapore because that is including shipping and customs already...

I think it is save to say that Heldenshop bought almost the complete stock of the EU distributor. This is what Shorudan said about the stock that was gonna be shipped to the EU distributor:

Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
http://www.xm-studios.com/po-ship-dates.aspx

Statues shipping out!!

Hulk - 50 pcs - stock coming in this week , able to ship
Ironman mk 42 - 70 pcs - stock coming in next month
Black widow - 60 pcs - stock in next month
Magneto - 10 pcs - stock in between dec and january
Hawkeye - 50 pcs - stock in jan -feb
Wolverine - 50 pcs - stock in jan - feb
Antman - 50 pcs - stock in april
Phoenix - 50 pcs - stock in april

Actually I never mentioned it was for EU *scratch head* but anyways I got the numbers wrong and Ben has smacked me on the head already ;)

CEETEE
11-22-2014, 04:18 AM
Actually I never mentioned it was for EU *scratch head* but anyways I got the numbers wrong and Ben has smacked me on the head already ;)
I think everything will clear up once the statues start shipping. I have my PO's locked in already:)

It seems that you guys are doing something good because people keep talking about XM:)

Production sample of Magneto looked really good, hopefully they will all be coming out like that:praying:

shorudan
11-25-2014, 11:44 AM
They will or I'll be smacking Ben's head. LOL!!!

The Mule
11-25-2014, 02:37 PM
Anybody heard of Mark in the last few days?

Sharkey
11-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Anybody heard of Mark in the last few days?

I talked to him the other day. Just waiting on release of Mags so he can give me shipping costs.

goodydog12
12-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Are people using simply toys for buying xm?

The Mule
12-04-2014, 07:30 PM
It's one of the sources, yes. Biggest retailer in Singapore so they have larger allocation.

Spidey976
12-06-2014, 01:39 PM
Problem is that if you don't have something to say, don't say something at all. While it may be not XM itself, but people like Spidey who claim to know something, way before something concrete can be said. I know that people who act like this are feeling good, because they can play the i know something you don't know and i won' tell you game, but XM should first never tell people anything, who cannot shut their mouth and never ever tell people to post such things until XM can make an official statement. While it gathers interest, this positive effect will not last long, until it transforms into frustration or it will build a hype, the product or announcement can never live up to. This the ink is not dry talk is so lame now. Why say something at all if the ink is not dry. That's a bad way to do business for both XM and their partners as well. If the contracts are not final i would be pissed if someone spoils something on public forum claiming he knows it from XM. Everybody had been happay with the marvel licence alone. If the contracts are final and XM has new licences, good make an offical statement and let people discuss and be happy about it. But why this talk way before.

You are right Ares this type of talk needs to stop. At least when it is product specific. For example if I say "Wow some really awesome stuff is coming" then that is just me being excited, but I haven't given anything away. However, when stuff is specific like "I heard it from a guy at con that the rumour is you are going to be doing Captain Carrot" now that can be harmful.

Now do some people know stuff?? Yes they do. Now have almost all of those guys gone quiet lately?? Yes they have. There are damn good reasons for the radio silence, and if you pay enough attention to the whole board you could probably figure some of them out yourselves. All the talk was unhealthy for XM, and I was as guilty as anyone for sharing the info I got from Facebook way to much. The fact is the silence is a)important, b) healthy, c)temporary. If you love company then you should simply know that you are in AWESOME hands, and that they KNOW you are excited to know what is coming, and they want to share it. They just can't do it YET.

ZenLogikos
12-06-2014, 06:36 PM
since you guys are venturing into different license's any chance for evangelion? id love to see a ~20-24" scale eva(s) in a fixed position dynamic pose with an awesome base. everything out there is too small and/or has potential longevity issues. I think there would be a good market for that - its never been done before and theres a huge fan base

Awesome suggestion. I'm eager for a Unit 01, possibly berserk!

Dark Logic
12-06-2014, 09:18 PM
edit..for the kids

Sharkey
12-06-2014, 10:25 PM

That'd be so freakin awesome! :buttrock:

Dark Logic
12-07-2014, 10:46 AM
edit...for the kids

Dusk
12-13-2014, 12:41 PM
Prime 1 Studios, Alejandro Pereira Studio got DC License and Eric's PrototypeZ got 1/4 kit for DC.

Everyone is getting DC. I hope XM gets theirs too.

SONICobra
12-13-2014, 06:38 PM

i think its definitely an untapped property, all there is is small action figures and small models that while they do look great when done properly are still again just small action figures. the people in charge might insist on using the new movie designs but I still like those too, could be awesome imo

ZenLogikos
12-13-2014, 08:09 PM
i think its definitely an untapped property, all there is is small action figures and small models that while they do look great when done properly are still again just small action figures. the people in charge might insist on using the new movie designs but I still like those too, could be awesome imo

Absolutely untapped. Many people seem satisfied with small action figures or statues of the humans, which I couldn't care less for. A few years ago I hunted down a Soul of Chogokin SPEC Eva 01, which is killer, but as you say, small and not a statue. I LOVE Unit 01. I need a Unit 01 statue!

I don't love the changes made to Unit 01 for Rebuild, but they are fairly small and I may accept it for statue, but vastly prefer the original design.

StringKeyRhythm
12-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Absolutely untapped. Many people seem satisfied with small action figures or statues of the humans, which I couldn't care less for. A few years ago I hunted down a Soul of Chogokin SPEC Eva 01, which is killer, but as you say, small and not a statue. I LOVE Unit 01. I need a Unit 01 statue!

I don't love the changes made to Unit 01 for Rebuild, but they are fairly small and I may accept it for statue, but vastly prefer the original design.

I actually bought all of the Evangelion Real Action Heroes eva units but sold them all for statue money. The rubber on their arms will eventually deteriorate and so that was unsettling enough for me to let them go. Evangelion statues (pilot or unit) would be awesome. And I know some of the XM staff are fans. I've seen that Mari figurine in their office from their pictures. :)

I think it's practical for XM to get an Evangelion license. It's really big in Asia.

Bobfrog
12-20-2014, 06:15 PM
ok, took me a while (a long while actually) but here's a few pics from my stopover visit to Singapore a few weeks back.

Back in the UK now and settling in. Al lmy statues arrived today so gotta get to checking those but least I have a bit of display space now. Anyway onto the pics. As mentioned before, nothing that hasn't already been seen so don't get too excited. A few ok shots in there but wasn't paying too much attention to quality tbh so there's a few slightly blurry images.

Here goes, first few are from a slightly different perspective:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/27002bed-7638-4e6f-aa65-6874fdc0c10d_zps244ee244.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/27002bed-7638-4e6f-aa65-6874fdc0c10d_zps244ee244.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6406_zps8d6d5760.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6406_zps8d6d5760.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6405_zpsaf10b3ed.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6405_zpsaf10b3ed.jpg.html)

Talk to the hand!
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6436_zps88dc9349.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6436_zps88dc9349.jpg.html)

Magmeatheadno:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6442_zps8400078c.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6442_zps8400078c.jpg.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6433_zps546c52d0.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6433_zps546c52d0.jpg.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/0bcc47db-b6d5-4e8f-8856-6ffc5e81af8e_zps917b5b4b.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/0bcc47db-b6d5-4e8f-8856-6ffc5e81af8e_zps917b5b4b.jpg.html)

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6449_zps45584e82.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6449_zps45584e82.jpg.html)

Old thanos base. New one looks awesome though, can't wait to see it in person as I only got to see it being worked on at the earliest stage i.e. a block of acrylic and plaster.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6384_zps9c37195c.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6384_zps9c37195c.jpg.html)

ok more to come...

Bobfrog
12-20-2014, 06:39 PM
next lot:

First time saw hulk in person. Very nice and the paint app is much better than it appears in most photos + as some have alluded to before the texturing on the shirt etc is excellent. If I hadn't picked up the SS avengers maquette I'd seriously consider this although I would have to get a custom head done (just not my taste on that front) + the seam line was a bit too noticeable for my liking.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6450_zps31bd678b.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6450_zps31bd678b.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6383_zps4d8c3bc2.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6383_zps4d8c3bc2.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6382_zps7a0a9cdc.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6382_zps7a0a9cdc.jpg.html)

ok, had to include this one cos I thought it showed off the paint app on the sentinel hand very nicely + gives a real nice idea of size with multiple people next to it. Wasn't sure if the peeps in the pic (other than Seng) want to be shown in pics so I edited them out, heh!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6385_EDITED_zpsd042be01.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6385_EDITED_zpsd042be01.jpg.html)

Last few - pics of the magneto head. I was really impressed with the paint app here. reminded me of hot toys quality on the skin tone finish.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6431_zps342b87c8.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6431_zps342b87c8.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6427_zps750a012f.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6427_zps750a012f.jpg.html)

Ok, I'll leave it there. Hope they were a bit of a mini gap filler for those of you wanting some updates even if they were nothing new.

off to bed now, been a long day of unpacking...

jfyahui
12-20-2014, 08:32 PM
wow....big thanks for posting the pictures,great to see them in diffrent perspective.

Hellboy
12-20-2014, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the pics. Paint apps look amazing... :drooling:

GrumpyBear
12-21-2014, 07:32 AM
Great pics, thx. :thumbs2:

shorudan
12-21-2014, 11:43 AM
Hey fellas! Sorry about the long silence. I'm actually in Korea on vacation and will be back on the 26th (boxing day) - need to be back to make sure that PO gets up ;)

Ben and Sent are busy with QC in China so that's why things are abit quiet but we've got Mufizal pushing the HX project - Marvel Assemble 1/6 so please do show some support there!

Man it's freeeeeeeeeezing in Korea. They don't seem to have a huge collectible market here though. Any Koreans in this forum?

shorudan
12-21-2014, 11:44 AM
next lot:

First time saw hulk in person. Very nice and the paint app is much better than it appears in most photos + as some have alluded to before the texturing on the shirt etc is excellent. If I hadn't picked up the SS avengers maquette I'd seriously consider this although I would have to get a custom head done (just not my taste on that front) + the seam line was a bit too noticeable for my liking.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6450_zps31bd678b.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6450_zps31bd678b.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6383_zps4d8c3bc2.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6383_zps4d8c3bc2.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6382_zps7a0a9cdc.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6382_zps7a0a9cdc.jpg.html)

ok, had to include this one cos I thought it showed off the paint app on the sentinel hand very nicely + gives a real nice idea of size with multiple people next to it. Wasn't sure if the peeps in the pic (other than Seng) want to be shown in pics so I edited them out, heh!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6385_EDITED_zpsd042be01.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6385_EDITED_zpsd042be01.jpg.html)

Last few - pics of the magneto head. I was really impressed with the paint app here. reminded me of hot toys quality on the skin tone finish.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6431_zps342b87c8.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6431_zps342b87c8.jpg.html)
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/sjr9982/XM%20studios/IMG_6427_zps750a012f.jpg (http://s34.photobucket.com/user/sjr9982/media/XM%20studios/IMG_6427_zps750a012f.jpg.html)

Ok, I'll leave it there. Hope they were a bit of a mini gap filler for those of you wanting some updates even if they were nothing new.

off to bed now, been a long day of unpacking...

Super slick photos! Pity I missed your visit Bobfrog. Would have been awesome to see your greatest experience yet - chugging down DURIAN!!! ;)

Bobfrog
12-21-2014, 12:20 PM
Super slick photos! Pity I missed your visit Bobfrog. Would have been awesome to see your greatest experience yet - chugging down DURIAN!!! ;)

Ha! thanks mate. It was an .... "experience" that's all I can say, lol. I think I managed to politely consume near to two in the end. I was just imagining that scene from indiana jones and the temple of doom :)

And thanks for the call, much appreciated. Would've been great to catch up but sure we'll catch up somewhere down the line. You guys need to come to london comic con next year if you get time!!

demonhunter
12-27-2014, 05:17 AM
This year's Comic Fiesta in Kuala Lumpur is great! It's even better than last year. Bigger, badder. But the biggest biggest highlight was meeting the team from Studio HIVE of Thailand. It was a great pleasure meeting & talking with the General Manager for Studio HIVE, Kan Supabanpot, & Creative Director for Studio HIVE, Skan Srisuwan. First of all, very happy that they got the Top Cow Productions, Inc. character licenses and will be working with XM Studios Premium Collectibles on it. And I'm very happy to know that for sure, Witchblade & The Darkness are definitely in the Top Cow statues line up & will be in 1/4 scale. Khun Kan was very enthusiastic when speaking about Witchblade & The Darkness. We both agreed that the amount of intricacies and beautiful details on the Witchblade armour is beautiful to behold & would look absolutely stunning in 1/4 scale from Studio HIVE. Thanks also to Khun Skan for autographing my Studio HIVE + XM Studios prints of Thanos & Magneto. Thank you very much. Hope you enjoy the stay in Malaysia. Cheers.

http://36.media.tumblr.com/d84266e006131bd6a61852a194dfdeca/tumblr_nh8hhjj2Vc1sbdxdbo1_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/aeca4b57d3e0fa6149cc8e4d007c6035/tumblr_nh8hhjj2Vc1sbdxdbo2_1280.jpg

acme1982
12-27-2014, 05:21 AM
these art prints are awesome!

demonhunter
12-27-2014, 05:42 AM
Oh yes,sir. they are freakin awesome & signed. I'm so happy.

iceprince_x
12-27-2014, 06:18 AM
Thanks demonhunter for the information about Top Cow...this will be my major hunt!!!! More definite than Phoenix.

demonhunter
12-27-2014, 09:20 AM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/63f6a206d78f363846d45cd8400582e3/tumblr_nh8szeuL0i1sbdxdbo1_1280.jpg

Iceprince,
I just can't stop imagining the amount of details that will go into the Witchblade gauntlet and body armour XM/HIVE style. It's gonna be wicked!

Yeah, I think I'm starting to forget about Jean Grey Green Phoenix now. Lol.

ChromeColossus
12-27-2014, 01:33 PM
http://40.media.tumblr.com/63f6a206d78f363846d45cd8400582e3/tumblr_nh8szeuL0i1sbdxdbo1_1280.jpg

Iceprince,
I just can't stop imagining the amount of details that will go into the Witchblade gauntlet and body armour XM/HIVE style. It's gonna be wicked!

Yeah, I think I'm starting to forget about Jean Grey Green Phoenix now. Lol.

I just wonder if they have entertained the Idea of Lighting up the Two main Jewels on the Gauntlet?

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b630/pitbullymom/The_Witchblade_zps23253a38.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/pitbullymom/media/The_Witchblade_zps23253a38.jpg.html)

hmmmmm

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b630/pitbullymom/witchblade178_zpsca6a5f99.jpg (http://s1295.photobucket.com/user/pitbullymom/media/witchblade178_zpsca6a5f99.jpg.html)

demonhunter
12-27-2014, 09:57 PM
Just watched a special 1 hour long special report on XM Studios on Channel News Asia last night.

The report showed how XM Studios began, what was the drive behind the Ang brothers, Ben, Seng & Clair.

What lead them to set up XM Studios.

Their work ethics, their visions for the collectibles industry & their creative processes and more.

What I liked was when a video showed Ben in a China factory, he told the workers this when inspecting the workmanship on the statues and not too pleased with some of the outcome & wanted them to do better:

"Remember, you are making art. This is art. You have to keep that in mind. We are not machines or robots. We are producing fine art."

The statues were then marked on various parts that needed improvements & workers had to redo them to the exacting standards set by the XM Management.

jye318
12-27-2014, 10:28 PM
This is why I love xm, inspect in China factory is the main point of QC, they make sure all their statue have no factory issue, not like other big company who doesn't care about QC at all.

acme1982
12-28-2014, 05:20 AM
Just watched a special 1 hour long special report on XM Studios on Channel News Asia last night.

The report showed how XM Studios began, what was the drive behind the Ang brothers, Ben, Seng & Clair.

What lead them to set up XM Studios.

Their work ethics, their visions for the collectibles industry & their creative processes and more.

What I liked was when a video showed Ben in a China factory, he told the workers this when inspecting the workmanship on the statues and not too pleased with some of the outcome & wanted them to do better:

"Remember, you are making art. This is art. You have to keep that in mind. We are not machines or robots. We are producing fine art."

The statues were then marked on various parts that needed improvements & workers had to redo them to the exacting standards set by the XM Management.

Can you post this video? I want to see thanks.

demonhunter
12-28-2014, 07:15 AM
I can't post the video because I didn't video record it, and the prerecorded show was first broadcasted yesterday on Channel News Asia. The show is called Fortune From Fun.

However, you can still watch it if you wait. I think CNA will archive it here on their website and you can play it online. Maybe 1 week or 2 weeks later.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/fortunes-from-fun/soha-game/1541412.html

acme1982
12-28-2014, 08:42 AM
I can't post the video because I didn't video record it, and the prerecorded show was first broadcasted yesterday on Channel News Asia. The show is called Fortune From Fun.

However, you can still watch it if you wait. I think CNA will archive it here on their website and you can play it online. Maybe 1 week or 2 weeks later.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/fortunes-from-fun/soha-game/1541412.html

Thanks!

demonhunter
12-28-2014, 09:55 AM
http://36.media.tumblr.com/1f609ec88ca0e58c90fd0e023ba867be/tumblr_nhaon8ZjOC1sbdxdbo1_500.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/5b417578abc97a00c6b84401130a4e1e/tumblr_nhaon8ZjOC1sbdxdbo2_500.jpg

Went to speak with and see the designer for many of the XM Studios pieces, Studio HIVE crew who were at the local Comic Fiesta for 2 days(Kuala Lumpur). Today was the last day.

Studio HIVE's creative director was very kind enough to do sketches for fans, and I also asked for one too.

My sketch by Studios HIVE's Skan Srisuwan. It's non other than one of his favourite characters from Konami Metal Gear Solid games. The cyborg Ninja, Raiden! It's so awesome!

I also did a sketch of Solid Snake and presented to them as a gift.

With this event, more and more people in Malaysia will know about Studio HIVE & XM Studios. Awesome. Everybody said the designs of the XM Studio Magneto & Thanos & Wolverine were friggin fantastic.

Bobfrog
12-28-2014, 01:57 PM
Regarding the prints I passed on the suggestion to Bryan that the they'd look a lot better if they had some white bordering to them and he seemed receptive to the idea. I hope that gets implemented sooner rather than later as they would look a lot classier ,imho as a long time print collector, if they did. That way they could take any Hive / XM logos off the artwork and leave an area free for signatures if people wanted to get them.

Even better would be if they could emboss the logos at the bottom in the white framing area (simple but very effective and even more classy!).

Either way the artwork looks awesome but it'd be even more awesomer if it had a touch of XM class to differentiate it from other company's bog standard print production ;)

Marcel54
12-29-2014, 09:53 AM

The video is up and is really interesting.

demonhunter
12-29-2014, 11:57 AM
Yup, here's the direct link to the show.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/fortunes-from-fun/xm-studios-singapore/1552752.html

marker2037
12-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Good behind the scenes show! Congrats XM!

Billion dollars?? I had to laugh at that part though.

actionjackson83
12-29-2014, 12:54 PM
as a global business it is a billion dollar industry, and I'm pretty sure that is including anime related products and figures as well not just strictly polystone figures, pvc also and of all varying scales.

BDoggWhite
12-29-2014, 01:38 PM
A great video! What was that Hulk they were rendering on a PC? Another 1/4?

Remember Me?
12-29-2014, 02:04 PM

1/6th

w00tw00t
12-29-2014, 02:05 PM

they said incredible hulk. they didn't state the scale, but lets hope =)

Remember Me?
12-29-2014, 02:57 PM
they said incredible hulk. they didn't state the scale, but lets hope =)

FYI: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146321&page=8

jye318
12-29-2014, 03:44 PM
Oh wow just now I seem the video and I saw they speak Chinese ! Never thought they speak same language as I do !

shorudan
12-29-2014, 03:49 PM
Oh wow just now I seem the video and I saw they speak Chinese ! Never thought they speak same language as I do !

Yeah Singaporeans typically speak both English and Mandarin in Singapore. ;)

I'm invisible in the video, you can't see me!

BDoggWhite
12-29-2014, 04:04 PM
FYI: http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=146321&page=8

I don't follow much 1/6 scale so thank you for the info!

jye318
12-29-2014, 04:16 PM
Yeah Singaporeans typically speak both English and Mandarin in Singapore. ;)

I'm invisible in the video, you can't see me!

Are you really in the video? Kind interesting to see you too lol, and do you speak mandarin? Nice video !

Remember Me?
12-29-2014, 04:33 PM
I don't follow much 1/6 scale so thank you for the info!

Anytime!:thumbs2:

jfyahui
12-29-2014, 09:16 PM

Singapore English mandarin,Malaysia mandarin,Cantonese ,Malay is the official,...
I'm from Spain myself and my wife Chinese,wo shi xibanya ren!nimen hao!
I speak a little but can only write in pin-yin.
All that region of Asia is amazing,!the people are great and so friendly!i hope to visit the xm guys one day!:buttrock:

jfyahui
12-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Great video!

acme1982
12-30-2014, 09:02 AM
wow I like this video!

Bobfrog
12-30-2014, 09:13 AM
Yup, here's the direct link to the show.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/tv/tvshows/fortunes-from-fun/xm-studios-singapore/1552752.html

Thanks for the link :thumbs2:

XM STUDIOS
12-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Due to Bryan day work . He can't be seen in the video.

jye318
12-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Singapore English mandarin,Malaysia mandarin,Cantonese ,Malay is the official,...
I'm from Spain myself and my wife Chinese,wo shi xibanya ren!nimen hao!
I speak a little but can only write in pin-yin.
All that region of Asia is amazing,!the people are great and so friendly!i hope to visit the xm guys one day!:buttrock:

Haha interesting , it's not easy to learn Chinese specially the writing, it's amzinf they know how to speak so many language.

jfyahui
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
Yeah...my wife speaks fluent English and Spanish,..she tells me off about my chinese(baby level!)..haha...not easy.anyway..these guys at xm deserve all the success that comes their way...I really liked that video and how family oriented the whole business is...

jfyahui
12-30-2014, 06:27 PM
Due to Bryan day work . He can't be seen in the video.

We want to see you in next video!:buttrock:

Remember Me?
12-30-2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah...my wife speaks fluent English and Spanish,..she tells me off about my chinese(baby level!)..haha...not easy.anyway..these guys at xm deserve all the success that comes their way...I really liked that video and how family oriented the whole business is...

Yup, especially working with family members. I have worked with friends before and it's very hard. I can't imagine working with family....

acme1982
12-31-2014, 04:48 AM
We want to see you in next video!:buttrock:

+1000

Overkill93
12-31-2014, 06:54 PM
Did anyone see this????
it is like a 2fer1 on the Xm Sentinel statue coming up. If they replaced the smackdown Colossus with the Fastball Special OMG!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202512314963702&set=gm.534424846660060&type=1&theater

ChromeColossus
12-31-2014, 07:04 PM
Did anyone see this????
it is like a 2fer1 on the Xm Sentinel statue coming up. If they replaced the smackdown Colossus with the Fastball Special OMG!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10202512314963702&set=gm.534424846660060&type=1&theater

This Post is Colossus Approved
:buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock::buttrock:

Overkill93
12-31-2014, 08:18 PM
Thanks Al.

Overkill93
12-31-2014, 08:23 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/Overkill93/DSCN1536_zps3de6abe4.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/Overkill93/media/DSCN1536_zps3de6abe4.jpg.html)

I picked this up a few years ago from Dr. Remy LeBeau.

Spidey976
01-01-2015, 09:15 AM
Happy New Year XM. May 2015 bring you nothing but the best.

shorudan
01-01-2015, 12:07 PM
Thanks Spidey! We are gearing up for super stuff in 2015 so maybe I'll quit my day job and go full time lol

ChromeColossus
01-01-2015, 02:27 PM
http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee481/Overkill93/DSCN1536_zps3de6abe4.jpg (http://s1230.photobucket.com/user/Overkill93/media/DSCN1536_zps3de6abe4.jpg.html)

I picked this up a few years ago from Dr. Remy LeBeau.

What ever happened to him? Overkill

Spidey976
01-01-2015, 04:07 PM
Thanks Spidey! We are gearing up for super stuff in 2015 so maybe I'll quit my day job and go full time lol

Well I am sure the boys could use the help... Lol

Overkill93
01-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Colossus, he is probably making movies. I am not sure really.

ChromeColossus
01-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Colossus, he is probably making movies. I am not sure really.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: you might be right

shorudan
01-28-2015, 12:28 PM
Hey guys, just returned from a China trip with the boys. Just sharing the first night of what happened! Enjoy!

http://www.xm-studios.com/a-tribute-to-the-hard-working-factory-staff.aspx

supermetroid
01-28-2015, 12:36 PM
That's awesome! That roasted pig looks delicious lol

shorudan
01-28-2015, 12:37 PM
It is! They do the meanest roasted meats and peking duck!

Viper245
01-28-2015, 12:39 PM
Great stuff, Bryan. Keep the pics coming.

GrumpyBear
01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Looks like a lot of fun and great work. :thumbs2:

Sharkey
01-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Hey guys, just returned from a China trip with the boys. Just sharing the first night of what happened! Enjoy!

Damn man, good stuff. Great job on everything and good relation building with everyone involved. You guys are truly an inspiration to the community and hopefully a goal post for others to work towards. The companies might be the ones coming up with the statues, but the workers in these factories are truly a part of the family and should be treated well for their part.

Keep up the great work! :buttrock::buttrock:

wolf-brother
01-28-2015, 01:40 PM

WOW!!! XM is incredible! How can you not feel good after seeing that!

I'm in awe of their awesomeness. Hats off to you XM!! :buttrock:

Thanks for sharing with us Bryan.

Demona
01-28-2015, 03:05 PM

Looks like a great time was had by all!

Thanks for sharing the trip with us, Bryan. How long did you get to stay for?

yeek
01-29-2015, 12:31 AM
That is truly awesome...great way to show appreciation to the workers.

built2shred
01-29-2015, 02:24 PM

And this is part of the reason why are statues look so awesome, XM knows how to take care of it's own along with it's customers :) .... Hats off to you guys...

rhy
02-01-2015, 12:46 PM
I admire the fact that you guys create a positive work environment for your artisans. In all honesty they truly deserve it. Impressive show of ethics.

cpluse2
02-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Happy New Year everyone....

Party hard and safely!!!!!

jfyahui
02-19-2015, 01:19 PM
Gong xi fa cai!

demonhunter
02-24-2015, 11:09 PM
Inside Studio HIVE Co. Ltd. Studio HIVE designs the Marvel superheroes statues for XM Studios.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/d54ffc26ee1c7bd62b4931186de93baf/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo2_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/85c12314edebb2e35bc187e367de2f10/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo3_1280.jpg

http://41.media.tumblr.com/ad2dd17ce9bb0ce0d9954bcdad04c360/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo4_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/284eb18688b2faecf55d803473e3b08b/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo7_1280.jpg

http://40.media.tumblr.com/d7866f966b4a212cbcf4d2f30de11fe1/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo8_1280.jpg

http://36.media.tumblr.com/b32d1340d3d604cfd144d783499e92d0/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo9_1280.jpg

Pics from Studio HIVE FB.

wanderlai
02-24-2015, 11:55 PM
What's that big monster with the spikes in the first pic?

Sharkey
02-25-2015, 12:23 AM

Looks like it might be one of the monsters from the video game 'Evolve'.

rhy
02-25-2015, 06:23 AM
http://41.media.tumblr.com/ad2dd17ce9bb0ce0d9954bcdad04c360/tumblr_nkb4hf8Hga1sbdxdbo4_1280.jpg
Do they have the rights for Tekken?

vorpoll
02-25-2015, 11:14 AM

Reminds me of a Doomsday

keewan
04-21-2015, 02:05 PM
I think all mine are in 1st batch, that means 8 statues next 5 months! So excited!!! But then from my past experience, that schedule isn't very realistic... But I would love to be wrong!

Thor57
04-21-2015, 02:07 PM
I have no idea if mine are first batch.

frenchyoutoo
04-21-2015, 04:16 PM
Cable is the statue for me! Looking forward to him like crazy. Man i hope bring him out soon.

majestic1
04-22-2015, 04:10 AM
What about Classic IM? :praying:

+1

The Mule
04-22-2015, 04:42 AM
XXXX XXXX is Star Wars right ?

What?
I hoped it was Nude Teen :(

Quilon
04-22-2015, 09:14 AM
3) 1/6 X-men Diorama
Kinda like in the same situation above but the good news is that Colossus and Sentinel have been green lighted - the bad news is the remaining statues are currently still in limbo. We're really pushing for things to be greenlighted soon as the SG Comic and Toy convention is in Sept and we are rushing to get these prototypes ready for the show. Time is running out and the XM boys are sweating like hot dogs... Keep your toes crossed as well for this one!

This makes me sad. I hate you Disney :stick:

The last thing I want is to be stuck with a gigantic Sentinal vs Colossus diorama that has no other pieces.

The Mule
04-23-2015, 05:33 AM
The other question you have to ask is do they want to keep the Marvel license? If they got the DC or Star Wars license I'm wondering if trying to keep the Marvel license on top of that would be to much for such a small company. Right now there getting their money's worth out of the Marvel license because it's their only one. But with multiple license they might not make enough Marvel statues to justify the price tag for the license...

Just playing Devils Advocate :)

As cool as the Sentinel Dio was, without the other X-men I rather XM concentrate on getting Doc Ock, Mary Jane and Spider-Man out before the license expires...

How long is it before the license expires?
They have a lot of projects going on and I think people are expecting them to fullfill the lines.
Avengers, X Men, Inhumans, Spider Man, Alliance Diorama. This is without mentioning standalone characters that don't fit in these lines (or fit in more than one). Just with that alone you're looking at A LOT of characters, enough to keep going for a couple years.

built2shred
04-23-2015, 08:02 AM
How long is it before the license expires?
They have a lot of projects going on and I think people are expecting them to fullfill the lines.
Avengers, X Men, Inhumans, Spider Man, Alliance Diorama. This is without mentioning standalone characters that don't fit in these lines (or fit in more than one). Just with that alone you're looking at A LOT of characters, enough to keep going for a couple years.

They said it was two years and they've been out it for over a year now.... My understanding is the Alliance Diorama is down to just a Sentinel and Colossus, all X-Men are now on hold thanks to Disney/Fox feud.

I assume as long as the project is approved before the license expires they can continue to finish it.. So don't be surprised to see XM rush out a lot characters before it does expire.

Sharkey
04-23-2015, 08:35 AM
They said it was two years and they've been out it for over a year now.... My understanding is the Alliance Diorama is down to just a Sentinel and Colossus, all X-Men are now on hold thanks to Disney/Fox feud.

I assume as long as the project is approved before the license expires they can continue to finish it.. So don't be surprised to see XM rush out a lot characters before it does expire.

I really hope so, because as just Colossus vs Sentinel is not going to grab me, and I suspect a fair bit of people. I really don't want to see that happen to XM after all their hard work.

Honestly would be game for original creations too by the XM guys as they have shown great talent.

The Mule
04-23-2015, 08:44 AM

So if something gets approved, say, one month before the license expires, they can continue working on it after the license has expired? It would be great.

By the way, the Disney/Fox thing is tricky. When someone buys the Marvel comics license, they're buying the X Men comic license too, it's included. For Disney to sell it and then deny approvals on X Men characters is not exactly fair and I think it offers some leverage.
If I were running a company that has put A LOT of attention and money towards the X Men franchise (because the license I BOUGHT allows me to do it), I'd be seriously pissed and I wouldn't care if I'm dealing with a behemot like Disney.
I'd go to a meeting with their representative and grab him by his balls, literally.

Dusk
04-23-2015, 01:24 PM
double post. lag

Dusk
04-23-2015, 01:24 PM
Remember how Disney/Marvel cancelled the Fantastic Four comics because they are not happy "promoting" a movie they don't own the rights to?

I think this is the same but they wont cut the xmen comics due to its popularity but maybe some merchandise. In disneyland now, there are alot of Avengers/Marvel merchandise but no X-Men.

Demona
04-23-2015, 01:39 PM
Was it Universal Studios that used to have the rides with Storm and Doom?

jfyahui
04-23-2015, 03:37 PM
xxxx xxxx and xxx xxx will be amazing,can't wait!

Viper245
04-23-2015, 03:58 PM
I don't want xxxx xxxx and xxx xxx! I want yyyy yyyy and yyy yyy! :waa:

frenchyoutoo
04-23-2015, 04:26 PM
I think an xyxy dio would be awesome!!! "COME ON XM, DO IT"

Thor57
04-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Was it Universal Studios that used to have the rides with Storm and Doom?

Yes, and they have the Marvel rides until like 2030 something. It will be a long time before we see Marvel attractions at Disney World in Orlando.

traylorc
04-23-2015, 05:00 PM
So if something gets approved, say, one month before the license expires, they can continue working on it after the license has expired? It would be great.

By the way, the Disney/Fox thing is tricky. When someone buys the Marvel comics license, they're buying the X Men comic license too, it's included. For Disney to sell it and then deny approvals on X Men characters is not exactly fair and I think it offers some leverage.
If I were running a company that has put A LOT of attention and money towards the X Men franchise (because the license I BOUGHT allows me to do it), I'd be seriously pissed and I wouldn't care if I'm dealing with a behemot like Disney.
I'd go to a meeting with their representative and grab him by his balls, literally.

Are we talking the rights to the X-men comics or Movie & Live Action TV rights? As I understand it, Fox only owns the movie & Live Action TV rights for all X-men characters. However, Fox does not own the comic or the merchandising rights as it relates to X-men. Therefore Marvel can restrict merchandising activities related to the X-men characters all they want and Fox cannot do anything about it.

The Mule
04-23-2015, 05:08 PM
Comics.
What I mean is: I buy the Marvel comics license. In the Marvel comics license, are included the X Men. They are part of it. I pay for their rights too.
But, when it comes to characters approval, Disney rejects them to pursue their own plan, and making so they damage me. Because I paid for that license, I spent time and money to make those characters from concept to printed prototype, and being bounced back by Disney is not exactly a fair price.
Is it within their rights? I think so, but it's not a good practice nonetheless, it's something that should have been pointed out since the beginning. You don't have someone buy your license and then restrict his access to a certain group of (famous) characters just because you have other plans.
XM committed to many X Men characters and so did the customers who jumped on them expecting more characters... not rejections.

traylorc
04-23-2015, 05:53 PM
Comics.
What I mean is: I buy the Marvel comics license. In the Marvel comics license, are included the X Men. They are part of it. I pay for their rights too.
But, when it comes to characters approval, Disney rejects them to pursue their own plan, and making so they damage me. Because I paid for that license, I spent time and money to make those characters from concept to printed prototype, and being bounced back by Disney is not exactly a fair price.
Is it within their rights? I think so, but it's not a good practice nonetheless, it's something that should have been pointed out since the beginning. You don't have someone buy your license and then restrict his access to a certain group of (famous) characters just because you have other plans.
XM committed to many X Men characters and so did the customers who jumped on them expecting more characters... not rejections.

Ok...I hear what you are saying Mule and I understand your frustation. But when a company purchases a license, they understand that the licensor has the final say regarding their intellectual property. The rights of the licensor and licensee are clearly documented in the licensing agreement. Both parties likely retained legal council to make sure make sure their respective clients understood the parameters of the contract / license agreement. In other words, I'm willing to be that when the owners of XM signed the licensing agreement they understood that every project they wanted to pursue had to be approved by Disney. That means there could potentially be projects where Disney rejects XM's proposal.

Disney can pursue their own plans at any time because they own the X-men merchandising rights. As a licensee XM is only granted the permission to use the licensor's property. To be honest, I am unclear how XM is being "damaged" unless Disney is engaging in activities not documented in the license agreement. And if that were the case, then XM would have legal recourse against Disney to cover any actual damages. Sideshow has to adhere to similar licensing restrictions which is why you often see language in Sideshow pre-orders that says "subject to final approval".

Rejection of projects is probably frustrating to XM and to us as collectors...but frustration is different than the licensor willing violating the terms of the licensing agreement and actually damaging the licensee.

The Mule
04-23-2015, 06:01 PM
I agree, no doubt about it.
I'm just saying that it MIGHT provide some leverage, XM has been effectively damaged since some of their projects were initially green lighted (the X Men diorama, Cable, Brown Wolverine), while now they have been put on hold.
XM spent time and money for those projects, and now they are frozen.
I agree and understand it's within Disney's rights, I'm just saying it's not a nice practice towards a licensee.

jfyahui
04-23-2015, 07:51 PM
I'm just saying that it MIGHT provide some leverage, XM has been effectively damaged since some of their projects were initially green lighted (the X Men diorama, Cable, Brown Wolverine), while now they have been put on hold.
I agree and understand it's within Disney's rights, I'm just saying it's not a nice practice towards a licensee.
Totally agree,it's not good business practice from Disney,I also belive ss might be flexing their muscle a bit and hurting xm...but xm has the talent and QC ,so they will be ok ..:)

jfyahui
04-23-2015, 07:52 PM
And when they realese xxxx xxxx statues...everyones going to want one..lol..

traylorc
04-23-2015, 08:27 PM

Agreed...it may not be nice...but rejections of concepts / ideas / projects is a common business practice in licensing arrangements. We should give the guys from XM the benefit of the doubt that they understood the terms of the licensing agreement. IMHO XM is not being hurt, damaged, or victimized...most of us work for, or with, someone who has the ability to veto, reject or even delay our plans and ideas.

Respectfully I do not believe XM has any leverage in this situation...very few companies have leverage when dealing with Disney. XM is new to the collectible industry and were fortunate to secure a very popular license. I doubt they have much leverage against a multi-billion dollar conglomerate...particularly if that conglomerate is adhering to the terms of licensing agreement. Additionally it's in XM's best interest not to complain...they simply need to keep making great sculpts. The last thing XM wants is for other potential licencors to get the impression they are difficult to work with.

nikos35
05-08-2015, 08:58 AM
Has anyone contacted Simply Toys recently?I try to communicate with them for 2 weeks and still I got no answer.

CEETEE
05-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Has anyone contacted Simply Toys recently?I try to communicate with them for 2 weeks and still I got no answer.
I asked Simply Toys via Facebook the same question.

They said that Rory, the person who was in charge of web sales, does not work for them anymore. So I think they have now someone else and that might be the reason why it takes so long. I also had a few questions for them but also did not get an answer...

Spidey976
05-11-2015, 11:50 AM
Shorudan,

Any chance on later batch's of Wolverine we could get the arms without the hair stencils and brown paint? I know you guys tried to convey hair on the back of his arms but IMO it's kind of a fail and would rather just not have it on him. I'm pretty sure most people feel this way... Otherwise we will need to pay someone to repaint his arms :(

Now that is a whole load of trouble you are asking XM to take on. XM hasn't responded to the request, and I have to admit I can see issues for them anyway you cut it. 1)If they change what they are shipping out in later batches and get rid of the arm hair a crap load of guys in batch 1 are going to lose it if they want the new versions, and unless XM ships them to those guys (and we are talking a brand new body here) the guys from batch 1 will have a legitimate gripe. 2) If XM doesn't make the changes then people are going to be saying "but you always said you would listen to us... what a load of bull----... we asked", and again it is a complete catch 22. I think at this point XM has a bit of a monster of our creation chasing it around. I actually don't think it is fair to ask them to change something that isn't a QC issue persay (i.e. a breakage issue or a leaning issue), but a personal preference issue.

Viper245
05-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Shorudan,

Any chance on later batch's of Wolverine we could get the arms without the hair stencils and brown paint? I know you guys tried to convey hair on the back of his arms but IMO it's kind of a fail and would rather just not have it on him. I'm pretty sure most people feel this way... Otherwise we will need to pay someone to repaint his arms :(

I vote for no arm hair too.

Now that is a whole load of trouble you are asking XM to take on. XM hasn't responded to the request, and I have to admit I can see issues for them anyway you cut it. 1)If they change what they are shipping out in later batches and get rid of the arm hair a crap load of guys in batch 1 are going to lose it if they want the new versions, and unless XM ships them to those guys (and we are talking a brand new body here) the guys from batch 1 will have a legitimate gripe. 2) If XM doesn't make the changes then people are going to be saying "but you always said you would listen to us... what a load of bull----... we asked", and again it is a complete catch 22. I think at this point XM has a bit of a monster of our creation chasing it around. I actually don't think it is fair to ask them to change something that isn't a QC issue persay (i.e. a breakage issue or a leaning issue), but a personal preference issue.

Rather than prophesying what XM can and can't do to remedy the situation, why don't we just wait for a response from them, eh, Spidey?

Spidey976
05-11-2015, 01:23 PM

Rather than prophesying what XM can and can't do to remedy the situation, why don't we just wait for a response from them, eh, Spidey?

I am just pointing out WHAT people are asking them to do. You have to admit it is an entirely different thing to ask them to make a change during a production run, when we are not talking about a faulty statue, then prior to it. My personal opinion is it is an unfair expectation to place on them.

built2shred
05-11-2015, 01:55 PM
It's funny that XM allows all these pre-production pictures of their creations through all the stages yet (to my knowledge) they didn't show us the finished product before sending it to the factories, you would think they would of wanted their customers feedback before it went to the factories in case there were any issues. The only reason I say this is because they are usually so open about the statues and asking for opinions and in this case nobody saw the finished masked portrait or the finished hair on the arm.

Unless of course this is a factory issue that XM didn't catch until it was already to late. Given what perfectionists the XM guys are I would be a little surprised if their ok with the way the hair turned out on the back of his arms, or the dark lips on the masked portrait.

That all said, the rest of the statue is pretty much flawless IMO... I think they just made a mistake with the hair on the arms...

Anyways I'm keeping my order as I still think it's the best Wolverine statue out there even given it's flaws, but I did want to offer some construction criticism so they don't try and use this hair technique on future statues IE: Brown Wolverine :)

SurlyJ
05-11-2015, 03:25 PM
I'm with spidey on this one.

Restinpieces
05-11-2015, 06:17 PM
It's funny that XM allows all these pre-production pictures of their creations through all the stages yet (to my knowledge) they didn't show us the finished product before sending it to the factories, you would think they would of wanted their customers feedback before it went to the factories in case there were any issues. The only reason I say this is because they are usually so open about the statues and asking for opinions and in this case nobody saw the finished masked portrait or the finished hair on the arm.

Unless of course this is a factory issue that XM didn't catch until it was already to late. Given what perfectionists the XM guys are I would be a little surprised if their ok with the way the hair turned out on the back of his arms, or the dark lips on the masked portrait.

That all said, the rest of the statue is pretty much flawless IMO... I think they just made a mistake with the hair on the arms...

Anyways I'm keeping my order as I still think it's the best Wolverine statue out there even given it's flaws, but I did want to offer some construction criticism so they don't try and use this hair technique on future statues IE: Brown Wolverine :)
It's interesting food for thought. Maybe they just didn't have the time to stop, post pics, wait for feedback and then filter the feedback to decide what route they would take on Wolverine. Take a look at that release schedule and one could imagine how busy XM is going to be for the remainder of 2015.

Wolverine is amazing btw. :D

Peedi
05-11-2015, 11:52 PM
I wondered why XM didn't use professional photos like other companies do but it never bothered me enough to bring it up.

Well somebody did criticize this on their Facebook. XM responded and clarified why they don't use professional photos, but not only that. While I already had respect for these guys their response and insight they gave was just another reason why I appreciate what they do and how they operate and will support this company... I suppose this is the type of thing to make some in other parts of the forum say this is being an "XM fanboy" but regardless, I wanted to share it here.

Azad Karahan we do good box so the products inside is keep safe and so far no breakages during shipping. We dun want to blind ppl with good Quality photo. We try to keep cost low as good photographer is expensive in singapore and hard to find, we rather spend more money on production. Do you know how expensive to produce good statue now a day. We need to travel to factory at lease twice a month and we hired 4 high pay worker to look after our production. All this need $$ so that is why we try to safe on Unnecessary expenses. We stay in their local hotel which cost only $40 sgd where other companies stay in 5 star hotel during the china trips. We are still young and finance is tight so we have to budget ourself. Who do not want to have Company like you mention. We have been not pay for two year until recently. Pls do not judge the book by the cover. And last I have to say is thanks for the concern ..

frenchyoutoo
05-12-2015, 01:24 AM
Im glad theyre staying as simple as possible. I was going to ask them if they were going to stay that way a few weeks ago, but then didnt bother. Glad its been brought up and answered. I love the "what i see is what i get", no flashy photos or special effects. If anything i just I want everyday home effects.

built2shred
05-12-2015, 01:38 AM
Wow, those are truly dedicated guys.... My hats off to the XM team.... Now I feel bad about complaining about the hair on the back of Wolverines arm ...

GrumpyBear
05-12-2015, 02:17 AM
Wow, those are truly dedicated guys.... My hats off to the XM team.... Now I feel bad about complaining about the hair on the back of Wolverines arm ...

No need bro, trust me. :thumbs2:

They want every opinion as long it comes out with respect. :)

shorudan
05-12-2015, 12:40 PM

Just to clarify, we are using Stencils as the application technique to replicate the Hair effect on Wolvie's Arms, but we also add shading to further accentuate that hairy area effect. (Most hairy areas the skin tend to have slightly darker shades). Let me share the thought process which got us here.

XM's Creative Director, Dr. TPH aka Mr Invisible aka Seng (from now on, we are all calling him Dr. TPH and will be revealing the real meaning later...) was looking into the best ways to apply the hair effect via painting techniques (avoiding decals at great length). When we first started, we didn't add hair to the arms and were reminded (gently LOL) by fans that the arms has gotta be hairy!!! We tried sculpting the hair in but it didn't turn out nice (looked like scratches). For the prototypes, Dr. TPH painted on the hairs by hand and they turned out great however we realized there was a huge risk having to depend on numerous different Factory individuals to do these by hand. Imagine the QC horrors! :banghead:

In the end we went with the stencil and shading approach. At that point in time, we felt it was the most effective, factory practical and consistent way to create this hairy effect application across all the pieces, and ultimately we wanted everyone to get consistent pieces.

You guys know us, we do try our very best (cough - changed Phoenix hair ... cough.... multiple times..... near production stage.. cough) but Wolvie has literally packed and shipped. With some people already receiving it in hand, it's hard to recall all the pieces back (especially from peeps who are actually happy with it). Also we didn't like the idea of having later batches of Wolvies out there without hair - the value on hairy Wolvies would soar! Last but not least, we still think the current technique is the most practical way to apply the hair and in our humble opinion better than a hairless Wolvie. It's our design approach, not a QC defect.

Dr. TPH has also been mulling over this hair technique (so far in our work only Wolvie requires this special treatment), so he has been hard at work researching and trying various methods to create the best painted hair effect which is achievable by factory production. I think he is making some good progress so we will unveil that technique on later characters that require this effect.

shorudan
05-12-2015, 12:45 PM
No need bro, trust me. :thumbs2:

They want every opinion as long it comes out with respect. :)

Definitely, we welcome all opinions! It's a bonus if the comments come with respect (since it flows both ways) but we also understand some peeps can be very attached to their favourite characters and can get very emotional. I still get emotional and break out into an excruciating long 'Noooooooooooo...." whenever I hear someone say "I'm your father."

GrumpyBear
05-12-2015, 12:49 PM
Big thx for the declaration Bryan and you know what i mean with respect, no stupid hate. :)

shorudan
05-12-2015, 12:54 PM
It's been a while since anybody posted in this general section but I thought this was most appropriate here.

I wondered why XM didn't use professional photos like other companies do but it never bothered me enough to bring it up.

Well somebody did criticize this on their Facebook. XM responded and clarified why they don't use professional photos, but not only that. While I already had respect for these guys their response and insight they gave was just another reason why I appreciate what they do and how they operate and will support this company... I suppose this is the type of thing to make some in other parts of the forum say this is being an "XM fanboy" but regardless, I wanted to share it here.

Yeah on this... in Marketing Studies, we were taught all about packaging, making the product look really good via professional lighting, digital touch ups to remove blemishes (You know, the Dove video thingee) and we thought why not show non professional, as real as it gets photos? Most collectors aren't professional photographers and we didn't want people to open up their statues then compare with the perfectly taken photos and go ... "Hmmm... it looked better on the website". Actually we want it the other way.

Speaking of this... I was thinking the best photos should be contributed by the community - not a professional photographer. So I'm thinking of starting an Instagram account and maybe run some photo contests for folks to show their best photos. I'm sure this is even more relevant for collectors, i.e. would you trust actual people's photos or a commissioned, perfect lighting, and touched up photo?

We can then take actual photos taken by real peeps, collectors and use them on our website. Of course we'll credit the original photographer's name and provide links to their URLs so everyone's involved and this whole thing feels real.

What do you guys think?

Dusk
05-12-2015, 01:02 PM
Yeah on this... in Marketing Studies, we were taught all about packaging, making the product look really good via professional lighting, digital touch ups to remove blemishes (You know, the Dove video thingee) and we thought why not show non professional, as real as it gets photos? Most collectors aren't professional photographers and we didn't want people to open up their statues then compare with the perfectly taken photos and go ... "Hmmm... it looked better on the website". Actually we want it the other way.

Speaking of this... I was thinking the best photos should be contributed by the community - not a professional photographer. So I'm thinking of starting an Instagram account and maybe run some photo contests for folks to show their best photos. I'm sure this is even more relevant for collectors, i.e. would you trust actual people's photos or a commissioned, perfect lighting, and touched up photo?

We can then take actual photos taken by real peeps, collectors and use them on our website. Of course we'll credit the original photographer's name and provide links to their URLs so everyone's involved and this whole thing feels real.

What do you guys think?

The Magneto photo looks really good in the XM website. I hope the "amature" photo is there before the PO. After the release, how about updating it to the latest photo with professional photographer under the "archive" section or "past product" section. Im sure you will have this section once you released a certain amount of statues.

This way, we can see the latest Wolverine's metal claw, Hawkeye's metal arrow, updated Phoenix hair, Thanos' gem, metal ants, etc.

Or maybe update it for newcomers that are new to statue collecting. It would confuse them to see the altered product on the website vs what is out.

Cali604
05-12-2015, 01:50 PM

What do you guys think?

I like your reasoning Bryan. Any professional photog can make something not so great look amazing. I like the fact that your pics are natural by regular people. Plus you are trying to keep the cost down. From what I have seen and heard everyone is more impressed by XM studios statues once in hand. The pictures will never do the pieces justice until you can view it yourself.

I know you have caught some criticism with the Wolverine statue, but it seems like most people who have received it are happy with it. Also you are redoing Jean's hair which is great. XM FTW!

All this eye to detail will also hopefully insure that Thor will be near perfect ;) Its good to see a company listen to its customers rather than ignore them.

Peedi
05-12-2015, 02:54 PM

What do you guys think?

I think that's an excellent idea. When I get my Phoenix I'd love to contribute.

Restinpieces
05-12-2015, 04:09 PM

What do you guys think?

That's an amazing idea Bryan. :buttrock:

built2shred
05-12-2015, 04:19 PM

What do you guys think?

I think this is an awesome idea plus allows even more connection with the fan base... My picture ability sucks but I know several members on here who are really good at picture taking, not only does it save you guys time and money it will also allow novice photographers to get a little name recognition out there...

Demona
05-12-2015, 04:31 PM

What do you guys think?

I'm totes game! I'll bust out my BFs crazy good camera and show off Phoenix when I get her!

RisingStar should also be able to give us some great shots. There are a lot of good photographers on this forum (I'm not one of them :laugh:)

frenchyoutoo
05-12-2015, 04:31 PM
Absolutely love the simple photos. Never change XM! Hopefully it doesn't get too tempting when the cash rolls in.

Sharkey
05-12-2015, 06:16 PM
Thanks much for the input Bryan!

jfyahui
05-12-2015, 06:53 PM
Thanks Bryan as always!cant wait to receive wolverine!

jfyahui
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM
I see the force is strong with xm!...

warlokky
05-19-2015, 03:35 PM
Can someone direct me to a "third party" who can secure XM statues for myself, based in the UK, unfortunately there are no UK distributors.. as yet.

dino76m
05-19-2015, 03:53 PM
the best option is to move to Singapore ,, u can practically make a living off flipping XM statues lol

Sv7nd
05-20-2015, 03:15 AM
Can anyone please confirm how Simply Toys finalise your order ie. I have Hawkeye on pre-order with them and have only paid the deposit. So will they send me an invoice when in stock or do they give you a heads up notice earlier with shipping options etc.?

Also has anyone else got a pre-order with Lil' Monsters? I paid a deposit on Thanos months ago via a paypal invoice they sent me. But they have since never replied to a single email or sent me a confirmation order # or anything. Should I be worried?

Dusk
05-20-2015, 09:27 AM
Can someone direct me to a "third party" who can secure XM statues for myself, based in the UK, unfortunately there are no UK distributors.. as yet.

http://www.xm-studios.eu/
http://www.xm-studios.com/faq.aspx

CEETEE
05-20-2015, 02:36 PM
Can anyone please confirm how Simply Toys finalise your order ie. I have Hawkeye on pre-order with them and have only paid the deposit. So will they send me an invoice when in stock or do they give you a heads up notice earlier with shipping options etc.?

Also has anyone else got a pre-order with Lil' Monsters? I paid a deposit on Thanos months ago via a paypal invoice they sent me. But they have since never replied to a single email or sent me a confirmation order # or anything. Should I be worried?
Don't worry about Simply Toys, if you have the order in your order history everything is okay. They will send you the invoice for the rest payment, once it's ready to ship.

shorudan
05-25-2015, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, official news on the Silver Coins. They will be discontinued after Thor. More details at http://www.xm-studios.com/notice-silver-coins-to-be-discontinued-after-thor-statue.aspx

The Mule
05-25-2015, 10:54 AM
Thanks God.
Bryan, I just sent you an email, is your address the same you posted some time ago? (bryan@xm-studios.com)

Thor57
05-25-2015, 11:20 AM
Hey Bryan,

I have a few questions.

1. How come Dr. Strange isnt mentioned on the Pre order list on the website? He's not to my knowledge caught up in the mess with Disney/Fox.

2. Are you guys ever going to run more contests for the fans to submit designs for future statues with the winner getting a free AP?

SDguy
05-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Hey guys, official news on the Silver Coins. They will be discontinued after Thor. More details at http://www.xm-studios.com/notice-silver-coins-to-be-discontinued-after-thor-statue.aspx

shorudan
05-25-2015, 11:41 AM
Hey Bryan,

I have a few questions.

1. How come Dr. Strange isnt mentioned on the Pre order list on the website? He's not to my knowledge caught up in the mess with Disney/Fox.

2. Are you guys ever going to run more contests for the fans to submit designs for future statues with the winner getting a free AP?

Hey Thor, Yeah Strange will be produced - I'm getting the dates for the PO and shipping. And yes our plan is to run the fan contests once every year so it will happen again this year ;)

shorudan
05-25-2015, 11:42 AM
Thanks God.
Bryan, I just sent you an email, is your address the same you posted some time ago? (bryan@xm-studios.com)

Yup! I saw it... I think it's a good idea but need to get the details from Dr TPH but he is in China now so he may take awhile to reply.

Viper245
05-25-2015, 11:45 AM

Unless the item is offered with every statue it becomes an exclusive that collectors will want solely for the reason that not every statue will have it. Great move imo.

Gollum
05-25-2015, 11:59 AM

Thanks so much no more coins :)

actionjackson83
05-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Hmm fan contests for any of these...

Punisher
Gamora
Gladiator
Lady Sif
Moon Knight
Namor
Vision

would be BOOM! mind blown lol

shorudan
05-25-2015, 12:09 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10933747_1554030621484298_3615604379803007741_n.jpg?oh=1392d03412d61bdb0f21fa2fc2711dc3&oe=5604F66E&__gda__=1443028709_18c6bb694b14e1083ae08c6f2ecd95a7

Folks, it's been a sad day for us... due to reasons we aren't at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. That means Cable can't be released, and neither can the awesome Sentinel Diorama which we've all been so looking forward to. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn't an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear - no matter how long it takes!

SDguy
05-25-2015, 12:16 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10933747_1554030621484298_3615604379803007741_n.jpg?oh=1392d03412d61bdb0f21fa2fc2711dc3&oe=5604F66E&__gda__=1443028709_18c6bb694b14e1083ae08c6f2ecd95a7

Folks, it's been a sad day for us... due to reasons we aren't at liberty to disclose, we have been asked to put a hard stop to all X-Men characters for now. That means Cable can't be released, and neither can the awesome Sentinel Diorama which we've all been so looking forward to. Still, we continue to have faith that this isn't an indefinite red light forever and you can have our promise we will be back to producing these dream pieces once the coast is clear - no matter how long it takes!

What a shame! :( Thanks for the update...

The Mule
05-25-2015, 12:27 PM
Yup! I saw it... I think it's a good idea but need to get the details from Dr TPH but he is in China now so he may take awhile to reply.

Thanks a lot Bryan, you're the man!

Regarding the X Men embargo... damn. I might be rushed by the bad news but I'm seriously hoping Disney offers some sort of compensation. A s--t ton of work (and cash, undoubtly) went into those designs and protos. Now it's all going in the trash.

loricstone
05-25-2015, 12:57 PM
Guys I don't see why you are all so sad? This is actually great news in my book because it will give XM more thought to characters non-mutant related. I can think of a whole many a Marvel characters that are way more interesting than the dull X-Men (I am sad I won't see Colossus for a long time if ever though :(). Moon Knight, Kang the Conqueror, Krang, Tiger Shark, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan, Annhilius, Quasar, Tigra, Hercules, Ares, Athena, Zeus, Odin, Loki, Hela, Her, Thena, Ikaris, Squadron Supreme (Hyperion at least), Abomination (there you go XM Hulk has lots of cool villains), The Leader, Gray Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, the list goes on and on and on and on and......oh you get what I'm saying peeps. Move on and wipe the X-men from your minds.

Besides guys....we got a buttload of great Spidey stuff coming. The Spidey villains and Black Cat alone are worth a whole two years of product by themselves. Relax...and enjoy what's to come...hopefully.

SDguy
05-25-2015, 01:04 PM
Guys I don't see why you are all so sad? This is actually great news in my book because it will give XM more thought to characters non-mutant related. I can think of a whole many a Marvel characters that are way more interesting than the dull X-Men (I am sad I won't see Colossus for a long time if ever though :(). Moon Knight, Kang the Conqueror, Krang, Tiger Shark, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ronan, Annhilius, Quasar, Tigra, Hercules, Ares, Athena, Zeus, Odin, Loki, Hela, Her, Thena, Ikaris, Squadron Supreme (Hyperion at least), Abomination (there you go XM Hulk has lots of cool villains), The Leader, Gray Gargoyle, Absorbing Man, the list goes on and on and on and on and......oh you get what I'm saying peeps. Move on and wipe the X-men from your minds.

Besides guys....we got a buttload of great Spidey stuff coming. The Spidey villains and Black Cat alone are worth a whole two years of product by themselves. Relax...and enjoy what's to come...hopefully.

Good points. To be honest, I don't think I ever would have decided to get Black Bolt and Medusa if the X-men dio was cancelled back then. I like being open to other options at this point, especially from a quality company.

gomur
05-25-2015, 01:06 PM

Too soon, Loric. Too soon. :angrycm:

The Mule
05-25-2015, 01:09 PM
It's just the flip of the coin, Loric.
People may be interested in X Men and not the ones you mentioned, as much as you may be interested in the ones you mentioned and not in the X Men. It's down to personal choice.
I know I wouldn't drop my cash on 99,9% of what you put in your wish list, but I would have picked up Cable in a heartbeat.

Also, I wasn't planning to buy the Diorama, but that was an incredible piece of art, design, creativity and engineering. It's too bad to see it canned, regardless of personal interests. I can hardly see an Avengers or F4 diorama being as interesting as X Men vs Sentinels honestly.

loricstone
05-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Hey Gomur, I'm just trying to be a soothsayer a little. Honestly, I enjoy the X-Men as much as the next (Colossus is my third all time favorite comic character behind Thor and Superman) and I love Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Havok, Rogue, Beast, Forge and all the rest.....but this just opens the door for other characters that have not gotten just visibility to finally be done in statue form.

Long live X-men. It's all about the Asgardians, Olympians, Eternals, Inhumans, and Atlanteans now. Not to mention other cosmic characters.

Mister Ski
05-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Hey Gomur, I'm just trying to be a soothsayer a little. Honestly, I enjoy the X-Men as much as the next (Colossus is my third all time favorite comic character behind Thor and Superman) and I love Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Bishop, Havok, Rogue, Beast, Forge and all the rest.....but this just opens the door for other characters that have not gotten just visibility to finally be done in statue form.

Long live X-men. It's all about the Asgardians, Olympians, Eternals, Inhumans, and Atlanteans now. Not to mention other cosmic characters.

This!

jfyahui
05-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Thanks a lot Bryan, you're the man!

Regarding the X Men embargo... damn. I might be rushed by the bad news but I'm seriously hoping Disney offers some sort of compensation. A s--t ton of work (and cash, undoubtly) went into those designs and protos. Now it's all going in the trash.
I'm with you on that,that is terrible on disneys part,they own marvel,that includes ff and x-men!i hope they change ,it can't be all about avengers...anyway on the coin issue I agree with Bryan ,good idea!:buttrock:

Spidey976
05-25-2015, 03:32 PM
I have said this before, but before the flame war on the House of Mouse starts keep in mind that XM has been nothing but respectful. Now I know they need to, but I would suggest that people here keep in mind that as their fans you don't want to make it harder for XM to do business with Disney by slagging the license holder. I get your are upset, and that you are angry, but you could hurt XM by hacking off the guy who approves their material, and if he/she does their due diligents they will be aware of this community because if you Google XM this is the third or fourth link from the top. Fans can hurt the companies they love so I would keep it from going to far down the rabbit hole.

jfyahui
05-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Agree!...but still not nice on disneys part...to cancel the ff comic?..that is bad..

Thor57
05-25-2015, 03:40 PM
Hmm fan contests for any of these...

Punisher
Gamora
Gladiator
Lady Sif
Moon Knight
Namor
Vision

would be BOOM! mind blown lol

I just read a Q&A James Gunn did back in January. He was asked point blank if he would be interested in using Gladiator specifically in Guardians 2. He said he would love to, but Marvel does not own the rights to him.

Sounds like we'll not get Kallark either.

AC_808
05-25-2015, 03:50 PM
So anything Shi'ar related like Gladiator is X-Men territory? Damn, that sucks too!

wolf-brother
05-25-2015, 04:16 PM

Yes we can enjoy what's to come aside from X-men but that doesn't change the fact that it's sad such an awesome dio will not be made. There is nothing good about that at all. :(

Spidey976
05-25-2015, 05:02 PM
So anything Shi'ar related like Gladiator is X-Men territory? Damn, that sucks too!

The Shi'ar are primarily either the XMen or FF to my knowledge.

Sharkey
05-25-2015, 05:35 PM

:( That stinks. Thanks much for the update about it though Bryan!

rjszar
05-25-2015, 05:51 PM
Too soon, Loric. Too soon. :angrycm:

Ditto a thousand times. I had a standing order in for all X-Men. There have only been a few others I have been interested in other than X-Men. Although I will get some of the upcoming future releases, they are not going to appease me for losing my X-Men. I'm not going to stock up on other characters in order to drown my sorrows, which if I am totally honest is what I would be doing.:banghead:

jfyahui
05-25-2015, 06:51 PM
I would love to see moon knight or punisher,or ghost rider..

ZenLogikos
05-25-2015, 07:56 PM
I just read a Q&A James Gunn did back in January. He was asked point blank if he would be interested in using Gladiator specifically in Guardians 2. He said he would love to, but Marvel does not own the rights to him.

Sounds like we'll not get Kallark either.

Soul-crushing news... :(

That was before the Spider-man deal. It's Fox vs Sony however, so there still isn't much hope, and I doubt Marvel would really go out of their way to reacquire (a lesser-known character such as) Kallark's rights, but it's tough to accept.

Thor57
05-25-2015, 08:31 PM
Soul-crushing news... :(

That was before the Spider-man deal. It's Fox vs Sony however, so there still isn't much hope, and I doubt Marvel would really go out of their way to reacquire (a lesser-known character such as) Kallark's rights, but it's tough to accept.

Yep, sucks not only in the statue world, but in the movies too. Gladiator and the Shiar could have been pretty awesome players in the Guardians and Inhumans movies.

cpluse2
05-25-2015, 09:08 PM
So now that we hit a twist in the XM comic story.

What do you have plannned for your fans?

I think your XM fans are ready to here the 11 alternative. Thats not on the 2nd wave list. XM is not the other comp that we have to wait a full year to see statues.

Let the stroy begin....

DiscoCougar
05-25-2015, 10:26 PM
This news really bums me out =( I finally decided to stop buying Sideshow products since they're terrible quality with little to no imagination in their sculpts. And I was all for jumping over to XM, even with the high prices. But I hate Disney with so much passion that I just can't support non X-Men releases because all they're doing is shoving Avengers down collector's throats...

Maybe I just have to stop collecting statues altogether now :_(

actionjackson83
05-25-2015, 10:39 PM
All I gotta say is, it's a good thing I have other interests outside of X-Men lol...

Thor57
05-25-2015, 10:42 PM
My goal was the Avengers, so I might get some lower name value Avengers, so, I'll live.

wolf-brother
05-26-2015, 11:07 AM
All I gotta say is, it's a good thing I have other interests outside of X-Men lol...

All I gotta say is I'm glad we got Magneto, Wolverine and Phoenix! :D

skillet
05-26-2015, 11:09 AM

That will be a sweet display :buttrock:

actionjackson83
05-26-2015, 11:25 AM
You know, if they had gotten Cyclops & Cable out it would've been that much sweeter.

The Mule
05-26-2015, 11:26 AM
And Brown Wolverine and Sabretooth.

wanderlai
05-26-2015, 12:07 PM

Agreed. We got 3 heavy hitters at least.

Sharkey
05-26-2015, 12:27 PM

Yep, and always the possibility in the future for more. Hopefully not forever out of the question.

loricstone
05-26-2015, 12:38 PM

Amen to that! All great pieces!

Hellboy
05-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Uh... not everyone is into buying 1:4 scale statues of every obscure Marvel character out there. Where you find the X-Men characters dull others may find those you listed dull. This is hardly good news for X-Men fans, no matter how you're spinning it.

Cali604
05-26-2015, 03:29 PM

Superman, Thor, and Colossus my top 3 as well. I really did want XM Studios to do Colossus he would have been awesome...but now my wallet gets a break and I wait to see what else comes out :)