PDA

View Full Version : Fixing and glueing

bdwave
11-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.
One simple question: what is the best and stronger glue to attach two resin parts? I have a statue whose leg is cut in half and I'd like to repair it.
Thanks a lot! :)

Cheshire76
12-11-2014, 03:32 AM
Sorry if this is not the right place to post this.
One simple question: what is the best and stronger glue to attach two resin parts? I have a statue whose leg is cut in half and I'd like to repair it.
Thanks a lot! :)

try something like loctite professional, very thin, clear and sets like a rock..have used it sooo many times..also use this stuff with the baking powder trick to fill holes and gaps super quick..but be warned it sticks super fast, so don't dilly dally..

bdwave
12-11-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks Chesh. Actually I already tried Super Glue by Loctite in gel form, it didn't do the trick. I think I'll try Gorilla Epoxy, some professional told me that a two-part glue, resin and hardener, is the best to attach two resin parts together.

SONICobra
12-12-2014, 12:32 AM
i would get some aves (find it on amazon)
drill a small hole in each piece, place a pin and some aves in one hole, aves in the other
put glue on one side and attach both pieces
this will permanently repair your broken piece and youll never have problems with it coming loose again
good luck :thumbs2:

bdwave
12-12-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks!

SONICobra
12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
forgot to mention, be careful not to put too much aves in the holes. you don't want any to squish out and get between the two pieces your gluing. make sure you give it at least 12 hours before handling, preferably 24

bdwave
12-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Yup, that makes sense. Thanks!