PDA

View Full Version : Tweeterhead to announce new lines.

nbr3bagshotrow
11-02-2014, 06:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10730834_796613530400489_3082159096652628742_n.jpg?oh=5bb52cb0c114ca6080c1f10277ebbb08&oe=54EAFF4A&__gda__=1423366130_e4224b2543e61ed29c7650fc505d710e

nbr3bagshotrow
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10685563_796613510400491_4157430273994017202_n.jpg?oh=43def1c059a3945a0478a9808a80955d&oe=54AC4E10&__gda__=1425256908_d9b312a8090bbff81c06386f77b91455

nbr3bagshotrow
11-02-2014, 06:41 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10730898_796613480400494_3082471817831048501_n.jpg?oh=fc63449c38f9f978bd64a4b4a13f92cb&oe=54F3BFF9&__gda__=1424212033_cc708a64c60f667bc39f0c1d82ef586e

nbr3bagshotrow
11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1919663_796613453733830_5491557388447907296_n.jpg?oh=e4008cfb0d9ce40d8f9b053e81273ac2&oe=54EB3F31&__gda__=1424925560_dec51d3d539bb3cf4f5bba6a0c7eb9f0

Bullseye
11-02-2014, 06:44 PM
Those look nice.

Markhatestoys
11-02-2014, 07:30 PM
That Penguin is incredible and he will be mine.

DeadGhostKnight
11-02-2014, 07:35 PM
I love what Tweeterhead are doing....just need a line from them i'm interested in!

Markhatestoys
11-02-2014, 07:49 PM
I had thought they would be premiering a Dita Von Teese statue--they made a very big deal of her being at Comikaze.

Shoo
11-02-2014, 07:50 PM
Good, I hope that means a classic Catwoman too.

Markhatestoys
11-02-2014, 07:59 PM
I'm assuming we'll get all the classic bad guys in Dick Sprang style, and it's about time. It's practically a crime that we've never gotten Penguin in this style before. He had so much more character back then.

foots
11-02-2014, 10:06 PM
It's cool to see this company get the MOTU license. I really like their Munster and Batman '66 lines. Can't wait to see more pics.

Sledge Hammer!
11-02-2014, 11:01 PM

chunkster702
11-03-2014, 04:44 PM
OMG. MOTU!!! Dammit She-Ra looks great!

CLASSIC BATMAN STUFF SWEET!

nbr3bagshotrow
02-03-2015, 12:21 AM
Clue is Chad is snapping his fingers and it's kind of kooky.

built2shred
02-03-2015, 01:41 AM
Is it

http://amanita-design.net/img/about/kooky-book-pdf/kooky-book-01.jpg

:)

Shoo
02-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Clue is Chad is snapping his fingers and it's kind of kooky.

Oh, it's the other family, then. It was the logical step for them.

ReplicantSavior
02-03-2015, 01:46 PM
What other family? Didn't some kind of witch always snap their fingers?

Dita is in the photo too. Eventually they are going to make a statue of her.

I just want to know what's happening with Batgirl. They were supposed to show her last year.

grphyx1
02-03-2015, 02:48 PM
I'm guessing Addams Family if it's snapping fingers

travis
02-03-2015, 03:57 PM
I like the Addams Family but not as much as The Munsters or Batman...still...I wanna see

Shoo
02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
What other family?

I thought it went without saying, but maybe you're very young. :)

They're creepy and they're kooky
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

As for the snapping fingers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90UsYMkPaY)...

travis
02-03-2015, 10:12 PM
Morticia is first...got a very nice lengthy update letter from Chad. It can't be easy being a one man show in this biz

nbr3bagshotrow
02-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Tweeterhead February Update:
The Bad, the Ugly and the Good…
(Saving the good news until the end).
Hello to all Tweeterhead customers, this is going to be a long update so please bear with me! I hope it will answer ALL your questions.
First off, I just want to say that I wish we were having this update via a chat session. I’m still trying to find out how to facilitate this. If there are any tech-savvy folks out there that know how to do this, please get in touch. My goal has always been to be transparent with all my customers and try to include you in the choices we make including characters, new lines, poses etc. I’m hoping once we begin this chat session once a month, Tweeterhead can be a little more interactive and get your direct feedback during our conversation. I didn’t expect to make so many friends from my customer pool, but it has been an added bonus for me; I think it would be great to have an hour or so talk with all of you once a month!
It’s important to me that you realize that I’m just like you…a fan and collector. I started this business a few years ago with dreams of producing some amazing stuff. I was so fortunate to have some good friends in the business who pointed me in the right direction. I can’t begin to tell you about the amazing support I have received from other collectible companies and from folks who have been involved in this industry for a long time. That being said, up until last month, Tweeterhead was a one-man operation, with me doing everything from putting items on the site, dealing with the licensees and studios, to customer service and order fulfillment; finally getting the overseas shipments into the U.S., printing labels, sorting and then dealing with any returns and exchanges. It’s been in a word, overwhelming. If I have missed a few emails from you, I apologize…I try to get back right away but I know a few have slipped through the cracks. I’m thrilled to announce that I am now working with a lovely lady named Debbie who will handling a lot of details and hopefully doing more in the near future. Although I still want to talk to you guys and have that one on one connection with my customers, Deb will be right there to help you out as well. Her email is debbie@tweeterhead.com. I believe this email will be coming from her so feel free to say hello! I’m in the process of looking for someone locally in SF who can take over the actual shipping services. I can average about 80 packages per day, but opening them up and inserting the signed certificates, etc. can be time-consuming…especially after all your boxes have to be broken out of the shipping cartons. I never thought I would have a flattened stack of product cartons taller that I am, but Catwoman proved me wrong- it’s amazing and kind of scary!
OK, so now for the Bad…
Catwoman Shipping Update
About 250 of you (almost all of you in the U.S.) have received your CW maquette, or will be receiving her this week. The green gems are not glued into her hand like the clear gems are, and I think that may have lead to some finger breakage. We are only looking at about 5% breakage, so I guess it’s to be expected. The odd thing is that everyone I opened to check the quality had perfect hands. I’m assuming the shipping service I use might be the reason some are arriving broken. We are issuing refunds to those that want them and sending out brand-new maquettes to anyone that contacts us about the fingers. Obviously, this is a “live and learn” moment. I really should have had the glove designed as separate piece that you could place into the arm when you took her out of the box.
Catwoman (remaining orders) and Red Elvira Update:
So we are finally feeling the unfortunate effects of the port slow down at our Oakland Dock. The remaining Catwoman and our “Heart” Elvira (who was actually going to be two months early) are on a vessel that should have docked on Jan 28th but is now slated to dock on Feb 26th. I know many of you waiting on CW are disappointed and for those of you waiting for Elvira, who I was so excited would begin our “ahead of schedule” delivery, I am really sorry. When I received the email yesterday from my cargo carrier agent, I just sat down and plunged my head into my hands. After all, this time and getting so many things out recently, this had to happen. For our international customers, we already had ordered double-boxed extra thick boxes because I can’t take the chance of having your packages arrive with a broken finger and we are still waiting on them to be delivered…but this is still a crushing blow.
I’ve included a link to a port article from a few days ago.
http://www.recorderonline.com/…/article_ca69745e-a0c2-11e4-… (http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.recorderonline.com%2Fnews%2Fport-strike-hurting-agriculture%2Farticle_ca69745e-a0c2-11e4-bcea-dbab7f75fadd.html&h=IAQEvqRIa&enc=AZNh_SKvJDRAtkBw7it-4pUIa8Ct77lxw3PrID5JdtXJvesZ1qMwg16eKHGBwicd9803oh4iRzRk3UC_q8BCGqCBgyaMJufzxjo6zoJrJyHlCXRrI3Yr7di0OkuHlP1RvlCqKOqCWa0VDmRUY4mBH7Epr2C7IWGow1l73t6484F2IQ&s=1)
Now for the Ugly…(but kind of good too)
Batman Update:
As many of you know, we slated to have Batman due by the end of Dec. I am quickly learning that I need to take a note from the other folks in this business and give myself about 8-9 months for a piece to be completed if everything goes well. I was told when I began working on our Batman line to just keep it simple and include a small stand or the obligatory cave base. My thoughts on this ‘66 line are that “THIS IS IT.” There hasn’t been a license for 1966 Batman since the original run of the television series, so this is the one shot we get to get it right. I was intent on including a deluxe setting for Batman and Robin utilizing the Bat Computer and a cave base. Although folks told me “you’ll regret this,” when we had our rough wax Robin on the base with Batman I knew this was the right thing to do. We had the opportunity to work with Batman expert Chuck Williams on both costumes and I actually got a call one day from a guy who said, “ I helped build the Batcave, do you want to see a ton of shots and specs on the Bat Computer?”…ummmm yeah! A lot of care went into getting the computer as accurate as possible.
When the factory received the base, they decided that the Computer for Batman and Robin would have to be produced simultaneously and after being tested for fit, would have to be packaged as a matching set. During the time it took to re-engineer the piece, due to positive response from the public, we ended up doubling the entire order. As you can imagine, it also doubled the production time. I wish I could give you a firm time for Batman to arrive, but with the dock situation, we are being told to wait until this congestion situation is cleared up or the government steps in and takes control. Batman is in production and so is Robin’s Computer (I hope this means Robin will be a faster turn-around). I hope you will stick this extra time out with us because the end product looks AMAZING, and well worth the wait. We actually took the time when we were engineering the base to make the Batman and Robin base detach from the Computer and each other so you can display them as you like, or display them as intended.
She-Ra, Munsters Wall and Classic Penguin Update:
I can happily say we are on time with these items, although the port will need to be cleared up to keep the time of arrival we have specified. The She-Ra samples coming back look so beautiful…I am really excited to hear what you guys think of her.
And now for the GOOD…(finally…!)
Schedule and Payment Update:
As I said earlier, we are going to be giving ourselves a longer lead-time from now on. That strategy seems to work for other companies and will help to set a standard of product coming in on time or early and not always late. We are also trying to include a new feature to allow you to give a 25% deposit instead of 50% or 100%. I hope to have this installed and tested in the next month or so.
Status of Current Lines Update:
I just wanted to let you know how we stand on the lines we have currently in production. We fully intend to complete all our lines. I know some people have been concerned about the Munsters, but please know…that is one of my favorite things and we will see the entire family completed. Eddie should be up for order in about a month, along with his TV set (playing the Zombo Show) and the kitty cat that roars. After that we will likely have Marilyn at SDCC and Grandpa at Comikaze. We have some pretty amazing stuff planned for Grandpa and I’m assuming he will become a deluxe Maquette. Once you see the whole family together it will be pretty darn cool! Our “Classic Batman” line is just heating up…. You’ve already seen the Penguin, who will soon be followed by Kathy Kane Batwoman and Classic Two Face. We intend to have at least two more by SDCC. Our He-Man Bust line has been a dream that became a reality a few months ago. Skeletor will be on pre-sale this week or next, and will be followed by Teela, Beastman, Evil Lyn, He-Man, Merman and Man-At-Arms…We plan on having a fun bust as a SDCC exclusive…I just hope it doesn’t “fake” you into thinking it’s He-Man. I grew up on that He-Man show, and I can see the line going on for a long time! We also will have our “Scary Christmas” Elvira on sale soon so she will be in your homes for the Holidays!
Our Batman ‘66 line (which I can humbly say is something I never thought I would be lucky enough to do) will be a large line. The Boy Wonder goes on sale next week and we are currently working out a deal with Burt Ward to sign our certificates. If you’ve purchased the Batman Maquette and intend on purchasing the Robin I will get you matching numbers. After Robin, we will be working on The Riddler, Batgirl and hopefully the Joker in time for SDCC. Besides all the former mentioned, we will have the Penguin, King Tut, Mr Freeze, Bookworm, Mad Hatter and yes, EGGHEAD!
Future Lines Update:
We are heavily at work on our Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman from Batman Returns. So far she looks amazing (although, with Trevor Grove working on her…I have NO doubts). Although everything we are doing is based on stuff I grew up with and loved (as you did and do)…I was especially taken by the Batman Returns version of Catwoman. Those were the days before the internet, but I still did as much research and phone calling as I could to find out what I could about the suit. I was fortunate enough to meet the folks responsible for the suit, the man who made her claws, and the man who shot all of her photos. They were all incredibly nice and when I called them up to say “we’re working on her” they provided us lots of info and pics. I have no doubt she will be incredible, detailed down to her triple pronged fingernail! We are also working on a few exclusives for our Tweeterhead version that if all come to light, will be mind blowing. For you non-Munsters fans (really, you exist??) I’m thrilled to announce we will be unveiling our first two releases in our classic Addams Family line. The first piece without a doubt has to be Morticia, and I think the second will be pretty popular too. Our first prop replica should be out in August just in time for Halloween. Elvira’s dagger will be an exact replica cast from the original mold. We’re really excited to get the first samples back and show them to you. We’re also pursuing two more projects with incredibly beautiful women. I hope to announce something very soon.
Wrap Up:
Just to wrap this incredibly long update up…I want to sincerely thank you for sticking with Tweeterhead during these growing pains. There are so many things that I can’t control, but I do promise you that we will make the best efforts to keep product on time and the quality as high as we can.
Please feel free to email Debbie or me if you have any questions.
It looks like 2015 and 2016 will be incredible for us and I really hope you will all grab on for the ride!
Chad

travis
02-03-2015, 10:30 PM
Very nice update...

Markhatestoys
02-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Hmmm...I hope one of those "incredibly beautiful women" they mention is Dita Von Teese...I'd love a statue of her.

CessnaDriver
02-04-2015, 11:59 AM
I think this company could deliver a great Bettie Page statue.

Sledge Hammer!
02-04-2015, 01:08 PM

ReplicantSavior
02-04-2015, 02:08 PM
Seems like Batgirl is delayed a bit. But thankfully still in the works. Surprising that one guy did all this by himself. Still odd that he missed emails. It's the sort of thing I don't get. I never miss emails unless someone doesn't put a subject in. Then I just think it's spam.

I thought it went without saying, but maybe you're very young. :)

They're creepy and they're kooky
Mysterious and spooky,
They're all together ooky,
The Addams Family.

As for the snapping fingers (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90UsYMkPaY)...

I never watched that show. I only played Fester's Quest on NES. I probably thought The Munsters was cooler back then.

Hmmm...I hope one of those "incredibly beautiful women" they mention is Dita Von Teese...I'd love a statue of her.

Has to be Dita. I wonder who the other one is?

Probably. I would hope they try to get the Rocketeer with Bettie. At least the comic version.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
I keep putting a bug in Chad's ear for a Barbara Eden.

Shoo
02-04-2015, 05:47 PM
I never watched that show.

I didn't either, but still I knew. Damn this useless pop culture knowledge! :p

ReplicantSavior
02-04-2015, 10:13 PM
I keep putting a bug in Chad's ear for a Barbara Eden.

I would like that one too. Or a replica of her bottle since they are doing props as well.

dechirico7
02-04-2015, 11:52 PM
Very exited for the Batman returns Catwoman and variants (?). Kind of sad i have too wait a month for my Julie Newmar Catwoman replacement though. I wish they would have told me about the wait. I really hope the Batman lines sell well. I would love a Silverstone Batgirl and Thurman Ivy.