PDA

View Full Version : Ideal number of 1:4 statues released in a year

shorudan
02-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Hey guys, I'm curious... given our ES and price range, what would be an ideal release schedule look like to you? Granted everyone will have different opinions on this but it would be interesting to look at the average results. Also, this is about 1:4 scale premium collectibles range and is NOT limited to one particular license. So for instance, if I said XM were to release 2 statues per month, it could be 1 from license A and the other from license B.

On with the poll!

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2015, 10:53 AM
I'd be happy with 1 statue per license every 6 months.

Lawnknome
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM

Yea I agree with that. Multiple per license in quick succession is tough. Granted, I know we live outside your current market so our financial burden isnt perfectly accurate.

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
I'd prefer 1 statue per license every 3 months...so one per quarter per license. If I win the lottery then make however many you can churn out in a month :)

Mamba
02-04-2015, 11:10 AM
Yeah 1 statue per quarter is good for my wallet.

Viper245
02-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Agreed. One statue per quarter works for me as well. I might be able to handle two per quarter if my primary focus is XM which where I am headed anyway.

shorudan
02-04-2015, 11:13 AM

Interesting... given this schedule, that means previously announced statues (20) will take 10 years to fully roll out...

Wolverine
Antman
Thanos
Ms Marvel
Thor
Mark 7
Phoenix
Cable
Ironman classic
Inhuman – Blackbolt
Doctor Strange – Classic
Deadpool
She Hulk
Brown Wolverine
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Inhuman - Medusa
Dare Devil
Quicksilver
Ironman Mark MK 3 - movie

Original intention was to roll out all in the next 24 months... which is roughly 1 statue per month. That would be too much, no? And these doesn't even include the 1/6...

Viper245
02-04-2015, 11:19 AM
That's an ambitious schedule Bryan. How would you guys maintain your high level of QC on that schedule?

Lawnknome
02-04-2015, 11:21 AM
I mean, you also have to consider our opinions are of statues WE would buy. I have no interest in Deadpool, Elektra, Daredevil, Quicksilver, etc.

So really I might only be getting 2-3 statues this year. With Wolverine, Phoenix, Cable, and MAYBE Brown Wolverine.

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 11:22 AM
You also have to factor in that some characters won't appeal to collectors. You guys do such a good job on characters it's hard to pass though. On your list I'm in for Wolverine, Thanos, Phoenix, Cable, and Thor for sure. Dr Strange and Blackbolt will tempt me I'm sure.

Lawnknome
02-04-2015, 11:27 AM
I mean with your yet unannounced licenses, I have to wonder what I can budget for. If you come out with Star Wars, and it has the same restrictions as Marvel (Disney) then I will really have to start getting picky or need you to spread out some of the bigger characters.

shorudan
02-04-2015, 11:29 AM
That's an ambitious schedule Bryan. How would you guys maintain your high level of QC on that schedule?

Yeah it is lol. That's why I wanted to seek some feedback. In terms of maintaining QC, we have that sorted out but I can't share trade secrets here heh.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2015, 11:30 AM
Figuring $399 per statue.
1 statue / 1 license per month $4,800 per year

Lawnknome
02-04-2015, 11:31 AM

Where are you paying $399 per statue??? Get me some of those prices.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2015, 11:33 AM
Where are you paying $399 per statue??? Get me some of those prices.

Wonder Woman is $399.

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 11:33 AM

They average is about $700-$1k to get an XM statue after shipping.

shorudan
02-04-2015, 11:35 AM
I mean with your yet unannounced licenses, I have to wonder what I can budget for. If you come out with Star Wars, and it has the same restrictions as Marvel (Disney) then I will really have to start getting picky or need you to spread out some of the bigger characters.

That's a valid point and also something I've been thinking about. I get that a fair number of collectors will like multiple licenses but not have multiple budgets so it may come to a point of product self cannibalization.

khrisc
02-04-2015, 11:36 AM
aww man..so my wish for Gambit and Colossus seem so far far awayyyyy :(

shorudan
02-04-2015, 11:37 AM
aww man..so my wish for Gambit and Colossus seem so far far awayyyyy :(

The 1/6 is there... ;) and I just saw Gambit's design. Nice!

Viper245
02-04-2015, 11:40 AM

Agree 100%. If XM were to get a license like Star Wars and put the same level of detail into it's pieces like they are doing with Marvel then I would have some really tough choices to make.

Yeah it is lol. That's why I wanted to seek some feedback. In terms of maintaining QC, we have that sorted out but I can't share trade secrets here heh.

Sounds good Bryan. It's good to read you guys have a solid system in place to maintain your high level of QC as XM grows. :thumbs2:

GrumpyBear
02-04-2015, 11:42 AM
I vote for "None of the options (state your ideal release number)".

Stay in the way you can hold the great work and QC like it is. If you can do what do you think is the best for XM Studios. ;)

Abrissbirne
02-04-2015, 11:45 AM
A statue every 2 months from the licenses is fine. That guarantees high quality.

I am still dreaming about a Dragon Ball Z License, these figures would sell like hotcakes, no idea why none of the big companies has the license.

Atheris
02-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Interesting... given this schedule, that means previously announced statues (20) will take 10 years to fully roll out...

Wolverine
Antman
Thanos
Ms Marvel
Thor
Mark 7
Phoenix
Cable
Ironman classic
Inhuman – Blackbolt
Doctor Strange – Classic
Deadpool
She Hulk
Brown Wolverine
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Inhuman - Medusa
Dare Devil
Quicksilver

Original intention was to roll out all in the next 24 months... which is roughly 1 statue per month. That would be too much, no? And these doesn't even include the 1/6...

Stick to your original schedule shorudan, not everyone is going to buy everything you put out in a year. So while it may look daunting, not everyone is going to like all the characters on that list. So it's not like everyone will be burdened with having to buy everything at once.

Personally I'm only buying 5 statues off that list. That's doable in 1-2 years.

Chris

actionjackson83
02-04-2015, 11:46 AM
1 every 6 months sounds reasonable. For the Marvel line with smaller edition sizes I could imagine 1 every 3. For other licenses (I don't know if you guys will keep things as limited on the ES side) 1 every 6 to accommodate the long QC process. Rolling release schedule with shipping in batches would be good too.

kevin2323
02-04-2015, 11:48 AM
keep the schedule as is. people are assuming they will want every single statue you put out.

while i have loved every single statue you have put out thus far, i only have 2 on order because those are the ones i like the most.

so now that you let the gambit cat out of the bag can you show us a pic? thanks.

edit: just saw the pic! thanks!

khrisc
The 1/6 is there... ;) and I just saw Gambit's design. Nice!

I just saw it too!! very nice!! i cant wait! when are you going to announce the details for the Alliance?? :)

shorudan
Stick to your original schedule shorudan, not everyone is going to buy everything you put out in a year. Not everyone is going to like all the characters on that list. So it's not like everyone will be burdened with having to buy everything at once.

Personally I'm only buying 5 statues off that list. That doable in a year.

Chris

Yeah, I seem to be getting the idea the average doable comfort zone is about 1 statue every 2-3 months, maxing out at around 4 - 6 statues a year, per average collector.

khrisc
02-04-2015, 11:49 AM
yup! a statue per quarter seems like a good idea :)

Viper245
02-04-2015, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I seem to be getting the idea the average doable comfort zone is about 1 statue every 2-3 months, maxing out at around 4 - 6 statues a year, per average collector.

That's the sweet spot for my wallet. :thumbs2:

kevin2323
02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
I just saw it too!! very nice!! i cant wait! when are you going to announce the details for the Alliance?? :)

yeah when are we getting a full list of official A and B characters and price point?

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 11:56 AM

That's right based on actual purchases. You can make more characters than one per quarter per license though since some characters won't appeal to everyone. I'm in for about 7/20 statues on the list. So I buy at about a 35% clip of what's produced.

FROBAY
02-04-2015, 12:01 PM
reduce the prices and more can buy. At the current prices, 3-4 XM statues a year is about where I'm at.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-04-2015, 12:03 PM
They average is about $700-$1k to get an XM statue after shipping.
LOL. I thought I was in the SS section.

Atheris
02-04-2015, 12:04 PM
reduce the prices and more can buy. At the current prices, 3-4 XM statues a year is about where I'm at.

Don't think that's gonna happen at this level of quality. If I wanted SS quality I'd just purchase direct from them.

Chris

kevin2323
02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
the price of ss quality does suck though. which means in order to get what we should for 400 bucks we gotta jump 300 bucks. but hey we want quality and are willing to pay for it.

MONSTER
02-04-2015, 12:10 PM
I'd probably be game for about 3-4 XM statues per year. I just need to find a reliable source to buy from.

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 12:11 PM
LOL. I thought I was in the SS section.

Then we'd be talking about QC issues silly :flash:

The price of XM statues is about $550 after SGD conversion so their actual prices are on par with SS larger statues which average $549+. It's the $200-$300 additional in shipping costs that hurts.

Atheris
02-04-2015, 12:16 PM
I'd probably be game for about 3-4 XM statues per year. I just need to find a reliable source to by from.

That's my only gripe with XM and I think most on this forum. They really need North American distribution or licensing. I am very reluctant to hand over thousands of dollars to a random board member with no security. Only reason I ordered from secret compass is because I trust Shane 100%. I could have got the coin for a few of these pieces, but didn't want to run the risk of being burned. So I went with Shane instead purely for security.

Chris

wanderlai
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM
That's my only gripe with XM and I think most on this forum. They really need North American distribution or licensing. I am very reluctant to hand over thousands of dollars to a random board member with no security. Only reason I ordered from secret compass is because I trust Shane 100%. I could have got the coin for a few of these pieces, but didn't want to run the risk of being burned. So I went with Shane instead purely for security.

Chris

You have nothing to worry about ordering through Simply Toys, Kenny, or Mark. I don't think anyone has had a bad experience. I can tell you first hand Kenny is very professional and great to deal with. I do agree a NA license would be optimal but at what cost???

Viper245
02-04-2015, 12:24 PM
Chris

Same here. Shane has been great and I have gotten every XM statue I wanted successfully preordered through him. Since I wasn't after the coins, that wasn't an issue for me. I also agree about the need for a North American license but sadly it won't happen for the Marvel license as long as Sideshow has theirs.

qz33
02-04-2015, 12:42 PM
Definitely depends if an international license changes the shipping game.

Would buy more $600-$700 statues for $60 shiping than $250 shipping.

Ahem Top Cow Ahem.

Demona
02-04-2015, 01:14 PM
I voted "none".

I'm a little different because I only collect female statues, BUT I think a comfortable and feasible release schedule is 1 statue per license every 4-6 months.

Like other have said, not everybody is going to be able to get (or want) every statue. But for some collectors, when we do want it, the Marvel licensed work is a large chunk of change. Understandably so, but the 4-6 months keeps the QC high without running your operation ragged and it gives us time to breath and budget. It’s kinda crazy when I think about the fact I am paying just for shipping what I would for over half a SS piece. But I’m going to do it dammit! 

The Top Cow license opens doors because it bring the price back down, but again, I wouldn't rush those out just to rush them out. Great design, character selection and impeccable QC is what is keeping me focused on XM. I would hate to see that scarified just to churn out statues.

Obviously, XM needs to pay the bills and the employees so I understand whatever system is decided on by the team. I just hope I can afford whatever I see that I adore :)

So far I’m pretty good because there aren’t any other X-Ladies on that list. Though I might be sucked in by Scarlet Witch if she is vintage gypsy design. That look is never done. I will for sure be locking down a Witchblade piece, but I like to believe that price won't hurt as much.

TheStig88
02-04-2015, 02:50 PM
One per license every three months would probably be ideal for me. Given that I'm only collecting the ladies as well, I'd imagine that would keep things steady but manageable for me.

loricstone
02-04-2015, 02:53 PM
Stick to your original schedule shorudan, not everyone is going to buy everything you put out in a year. So while it may look daunting, not everyone is going to like all the characters on that list. So it's not like everyone will be burdened with having to buy everything at once.

Personally I'm only buying 5 statues off that list. That's doable in 1-2 years.

Chris

Speak for yourself Ath. I have stated to XM on many occasions that I plan on and hope to buy EVERY SINGLE MARVEL STATUE 1:4 XM does. That is not me just spitting out BS. Currently Brian, I think the schedule you have now is fine. I voted 2 statues of 2 licenses every 2 months. A steady flow of product is key. Out of sight....is out of mind.

This is one of the problems with SS and some of their lines (i.e. Predator). So its a balance as to not overflow the market, but at the same time not keep the well dry.

I have all 5 XM statues so far...and have all statues pre-ordered up till and including Thanos. Once IM MK 7, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Black Bolt and all the others come out...I am getting those as well!

One thing of import to know...you will NOT HAVE PROBLEMS selling your statues...no matter how much they cost because your edition sizes are small and QC excellent. Plus, some don't realize that many people that collect don't even frequent statue forums...so what you see here is a drop in the bucket as to what actually goes on.

So all the statues you announced so far (now and future characters) I plan to get all. With cutting out other companies products, that will help insure I get all the XM product I want.

Now please try and acquire a Transformers G1 high detailed license please. :thumbs2:

yeek
02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
I like the one statue per license every 2-3 months plan. So basically 4-5 statues per year. That would be ideal, and like others have said most collectors aren't going to be buying every single release.

shorudan
02-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Whao Loricstone... I'm blushing!

loricstone
02-04-2015, 03:10 PM
Hey great product and art deserves my money. :buttrock:

Atheris
02-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey great product and art deserves my money. :buttrock:

You're in the 1%.

Chris

kevin2323
02-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Speak for yourself Ath. I have stated to XM on many occasions that I plan on and hope to buy EVERY SINGLE MARVEL STATUE 1:4 XM does. That is not me just spitting out BS. Currently Brian, I think the schedule you have now is fine. I voted 2 statues of 2 licenses every 2 months. A steady flow of product is key. Out of sight....is out of mind.

This is one of the problems with SS and some of their lines (i.e. Predator). So its a balance as to not overflow the market, but at the same time not keep the well dry.

I have all 5 XM statues so far...and have all statues pre-ordered up till and including Thanos. Once IM MK 7, Thor, Ms. Marvel, Black Bolt and all the others come out...I am getting those as well!

One thing of import to know...you will NOT HAVE PROBLEMS selling your statues...no matter how much they cost because your edition sizes are small and QC excellent. Plus, some don't realize that many people that collect don't even frequent statue forums...so what you see here is a drop in the bucket as to what actually goes on.

So all the statues you announced so far (now and future characters) I plan to get all. With cutting out other companies products, that will help insure I get all the XM product I want.

Now please try and acquire a Transformers G1 high detailed license please. :thumbs2:

you are in the sub 1% category like Chris said. fantastic you want and are getting every XM statue but it isn't the norm.

Bmutha
02-04-2015, 03:25 PM
I'd prefer 1 statue per license every 3 months...so one per quarter per license. If I win the lottery then make however many you can churn out in a month :)

I would agree with this, in terms of what I am looking to buy.

I won't be buying all of the XM statues, so the overall release schedule can be more frequent than that.

Smooth Criminal
02-04-2015, 04:08 PM
personally 1 1/4 statue every 2-3 months is good for me, while I love xm I do buy statues from sideshow and pop culture still having releases spread out helps fund those as well!

built2shred
02-04-2015, 04:29 PM
Given the costs to get the statues here to the states, it can get expensive when you release must have statues so close togeather.... If you separate them with some lower tier characters in between the AAA characters then that would help as I'm most just interested in the big names... although your sculpts look so good I do want them all but my wallet says "NO" :)

Given I don't want all the characters that you have licenses for I think 1 statue per license every month or two would work out fine.

Relic
02-04-2015, 04:36 PM
3 statues 1 license a year.

Sharkey
02-04-2015, 06:36 PM
I voted for the:

1 statue per license per month (max 3 licenses - so a total of 3 statues every 1 month)

The majority of people are not going to be getting every piece that comes out (lookin at you loric, you wonderful bugger), so a healthy stream of statues is great for everyone. XM stays in everyone's eyes with their amazing pieces, and the people (like me) who are waiting for a subset of that Marvel list (and all of the Top Cow list, come on!!! We need those out this summer! :praying:) end up getting the statues in a reasonable timeframe instead of waiting years for the characters we are interested in.

As others have said, with the other licenses if you manage to be able to sell internationally then all the better for everyone and your stuff will be going like hotcakes easily since that shipping right now is what is stressing people's funds atm.

Now for that Witchblade/Darkness reveal and summer 2015 release... :psycho:

xploited
02-04-2015, 08:00 PM
Outside of Magneto, who I missed out on, there hasn't been a particular character I want you've shown (or discussed). So a schedule that allows you to get through those while maintaining the quality we've come to expect is preferable.

Punisher, Winter Soldier, Nick Fury Sr, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, etc. are what I'm looking for.

drkknight65
02-04-2015, 11:45 PM

Wolverine
Antman
Thanos
Ms Marvel
Thor
Mark 7
Phoenix
Cable
Ironman classic
Inhuman – Blackbolt
Doctor Strange – Classic
Deadpool
She Hulk
Brown Wolverine
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Inhuman - Medusa
Dare Devil
Quicksilver

If stick to the plan of 1 every month I'm good. its when there are delays and then they bunch up like two or three in month, that is painful. as far as this list I'm in for 16 of them..

SONICobra
02-05-2015, 01:11 AM
Brown Wolverine
Scarlet Witch
Elektra
Inhuman - Medusa

are these actively being worked on right now as well?

I voted for the second option, seems like it would be a good fit for you guys

XM STUDIOS
02-05-2015, 02:10 AM
What are you all going to do if you see my list............:vortex:

AC_808
02-05-2015, 02:17 AM
We'd probably all die from excitement overload!

Remember Me?
02-05-2015, 02:18 AM
Show me the list and then I'll tell you what I am going to do.

Atheris
02-05-2015, 02:27 AM

http://img.pandawhale.com/104609-jim-carrey-handing-out-money-g-muYy.gif

Chris

Sharkey
02-05-2015, 02:57 AM

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140616225721/fantendo/images/5/5f/Futurama-shut-up-and-take-my-money-card-34.jpg

Peedi
02-05-2015, 03:37 AM
Brown Wolverine...you have my full attention!

Like others said, MOST people aren't getting everything.

I imagine for most, 2-3 POs of characters you don't want might pass before the next PO you might actually go for pops up. And then for many, it's "I like the character/sculpt, but not sure if I want to spend that much on him/her" and they wait for a character or sculpt they like more.

Looking at that, if we're at 1-3 characters per year many of you might not PO anything for YEARS.

I think XM should do as many as they can handle per license without sacrificing QC, however many that may be, but if they have 3 licenses (that's a lot of work to juggle) I'll go with anywhere from 3-6 characters per license in a year.

GrumpyBear
02-05-2015, 05:55 AM

Just to see the list! :thumbs2:

http://2nd2nada.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/get-money.gif

ambasah
02-05-2015, 09:09 AM
the more statues made per year the better. no one will buy every statue from every license.

Personally, I would love to get 1 XM piece every month or two.

khrisc
02-05-2015, 10:50 AM

SHOW USSSSSS!!!! LOL :praying::praying::praying:

wanderlai
02-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Oh pleeeeeeze let Juggernaut be on that list

shorudan
02-05-2015, 11:27 AM

No Ben! Not THE List!!!!

Too great, the disturbance will be. :jedidual:

ReplicantSavior
02-05-2015, 12:04 PM
I can't really say because for me it would be 1 per year since one will cost $1000+ for me to get. I'm still not sure I want to cross that line even though I probably will for She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel. Still looking at Jean and waiting on the second facial sculpt.

Remember Me?
02-05-2015, 12:05 PM
I think 2 statues per month will be ideal. Not everybody will collect all XM statues.

GrumpyBear
02-05-2015, 12:43 PM
No Ben! Not THE List!!!!

Do it!!!!!! :thumbs2: I want to feel like that!!!!!! :thumbs2:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fuInVqxt2uA/TYH7bvluz5I/AAAAAAAAL-M/Bt0Qx-X37d0/s1600/Baby_laugh.gif

Sharkey
02-05-2015, 12:47 PM
No Ben! Not THE List!!!!

Oh you are too cruel shorudan!

ambasah
02-05-2015, 02:31 PM
No Ben! Not THE List!!!!

SO IT IS STAR WARS!!! :buttrock:

(or maybe wishful thinking on my part and I am reading too much into your statement).

Viper245
02-05-2015, 02:32 PM
May the Force be with us all!

Lawnknome
02-05-2015, 03:13 PM
If they get Star Wars....I am screwed

loricstone
02-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Get excited happy and freak out!

http://i57.tinypic.com/1j7tbd.gif

Atheris
02-05-2015, 03:20 PM
No Ben! Not THE List!!!!

Blow my mind.....I dare you!

http://cdn.chud.com/9/9e/9eb57856_watchmen-do-it.gif

Chris

Sharkey
02-05-2015, 03:23 PM
If they get Star Wars....I am screwed

...:vortex::buttrock:

Blow my mind.....I dare you!

http://cdn.chud.com/9/9e/9eb57856_watchmen-do-it.gif

Chris

:buttrock:

The Mule
02-05-2015, 05:09 PM
Hard to say.
I think that it's been clear to all who followed XM in the past months that at some point, they should've made a choice on what to keep and what to let go.
It's happening in the whole hobby, with the rising prices and increased competition, people finally have to decide what they really want, collecting everything from every license is not affordable anymore.

On a side, I think XM should make things as easy as possible about this transition, on the other I also think XM shouldn't be slowed down as a company if people are slow to adapt, since it's an inevitable outcome.
I'd say, keep 2 statues every 3-4 months from major licenses, and 1 statue every 3 months for minor licenses. Possibly with some rational behind it.

Example, people tend to collect superheroes based on "teams", if you release an Avenger on February, then release an X Man on April, then another Avenger on June and so on. This way, those who collect only one team will have more breathing room.

wolf-brother
02-05-2015, 06:01 PM
Make as many as you can as fast as you can.

Abrissbirne
02-05-2015, 06:42 PM
God damnit. Pls no Star Wars, i dont want to cancel my Star Wars Preorders from your competitor :(

Sharkey
02-05-2015, 06:45 PM
God damnit. Pls no Star Wars, i dont want to cancel my Star Wars Preorders from your competitor :(

LOL! #firstWorldProblems

equi-nox76
02-06-2015, 10:32 AM

This, have a lot of other stuff coming in too.

built2shred
02-06-2015, 12:30 PM
Well we know the 7 people who chose option 3 (3 statues a month) are the rich guys on the board :)

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Well we know the 7 people who chose option 3 (3 statues a month) are the rich guys on the board :)

I'm not rich by any means, just don't spend money on much else, and there are plenty of pieces that I am not interested in so would prefer they get to the ones I do want in a more reasonable timeframe.

loricstone
02-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Make as many as you can as fast as you can.

I can kind of see this from XM standpoint. One thing I hate is when a company spends a butt load of money for a property (hmm hmm Sideshow and World of Warcraft) and just let it waste away to crap.

If I am going to spend my hard earned money of some license, I am going to be making tons of stuff (high quality of course) so I can earn some money back.

I hate when companies waste their money. Use it....or lose it!!

qz33
02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
From a non personal financial perspective what loricstone is saying does make sense.

Think about it if they did 1 per 6 months with the Avengers it would take forever to get the team.

Lots of buyers are influenced not only by a statue based on its own merits but by the history of the line and the foreseeable future. This industry moves too slow. Who wants to wait 5+ years for a statue? Artists change, direction changes, styles change and you are left with nothing that goes together.

Use Halo for example.
Some people may have bought Sideshow's Master Chief expecting they would get a Cortana, some Covenant, maybe some Flood statues.

Now Sideshow still has the license but they have all but abandoned Halo. Had more statues been coming in a reasonable timeline there may have been more interest in Master Chief himself.

Look at PCS it has taken them 7+ years to still not complete the 8 original Street Fighters. So much time has passed they have started over.

They have the license until 2017 or 2018 but then what? It could probably be renewed but will people's core desired pieces be filled? Unlikely.

Sideshow is just now getting to frekkin' Jean Gray! Unbelivable! And look at the result. Very few people are happy.

Id' much rather a faster schedule and have repeats years later for new collectors than a slow burn. Continues XMs trend of trend setting by improving upon the standard. If you can't get them all when XM sells them then there is always the secondary market. Yeah I know it sucks but its better than waiting 10 years for characters and then losing interest anyway.

Now let's get to crankin' Star Wars in a Mythos yet superior style. :thumbs2:

Bmutha
02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear on the question being asked before...

If you're asking how many statues XM should release, I would say do as many as you can and still maintain the level of quality we have come to expect. That said, releasing 2 to 3 statues every couple months seems reasonable.

If you're asking how many I can actually buy...well, that's maybe 3 to 5 per year.

Viper245
02-06-2015, 03:25 PM
Maybe I wasn't clear on the question being asked before...

If you're asking how many statues XM should release, I would say do as many as you can and still maintain the level of quality we have come to expect. That said, releasing 2 to 3 statues every couple months seems reasonable.

If you're asking how many I can actually buy...well, that's maybe 3 to 5 per year.

Agreed. It's really two different questions. XM should release as many statues as they can as fast as they can while still maintaining their high level of QC and collectors will only be able to afford a certain number of statues per year regardless of XM's release schedule.

qz33
02-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Yes but they are of course related questions as if XMs sales began to slow they would have to reevalutate their strategy.

As long as their designs and products remain at a high level I think their sales will tell them what they need to do.

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
And honestly, I do not see them being hard pressed to sell out of whatever they put out, even it is not us here that are snatching them up, there are plenty others that are fighting with us to secure those precious statues.

The Mule
02-06-2015, 04:27 PM
And honestly, I do not see them being hard pressed to sell out of whatever they put out, even it is not us here that are snatching them up, there are plenty others that are fighting with us to secure those precious statues.

And regardless of what people say, there are not many XM pieces available in the aftermarket either, so their sales are not somehow jacked by flippers.

Sharkey
02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
And regardless of what people say, there are not many XM pieces available in the aftermarket either, so their sales are not somehow jacked by flippers.

^

Which is all the more proof that XM would not have trouble when revisiting a character in the future, as these pieces are outstanding and loved.

Peedi
02-06-2015, 04:54 PM
^

Which is all the more proof that XM would not have trouble when revisiting a character in the future, as these pieces are outstanding and loved.

True. Brown Wolverine is already on the list they showed us.

Whatever they do, I'm just wondering if I should still be looking at SS's upcoming Vader or just wait to see XM's....hmmmm....I could be wrong but all hints point to a Star Wars announcement sooner or later

Gollum
02-08-2015, 09:17 AM
I would like XM to get DC and Star Wars as well as their current Marvel and Top Cow :)

4 is enough for me :thumbs2:

I think 3 statues max from each licence would be enough about 12 or less a year and maybe prices may drop if ES goes up which means we may be able to afford more statues :)

I don't see there being a problem XM getting DC or Star Wars because the quality is so good on these statues everyone will want to be with them :)

HBK83
02-08-2015, 10:11 AM
at this rate My collection room is going to look like a mess of characters. no rhyme or reason, Some great pieces being produced these days

Hunterkingxxl
02-09-2015, 10:45 AM
The point is XM, at your price point, the frequency cannot be higher than say, 1 statue per quarter. If I were to collect with an average income and select characters I like I would go bankrupt in a few month now.

Also, you need to consider collectors in Europe and US. Prices are waaaay higher for us. I cannot afford 1 Marvel statue every 2 months. Maybe 4 per year tops. Realizing these costs me around €1000 per statue to get on my doorstep.

If anything, you need to try to get your statues to more global distributors at good prices. HEO, PBM etc. This way we can get them at better prices and closer to home.

khrisc
02-09-2015, 11:37 AM
even though SS has a local distributor..how i wish i can get the exclusives at a much lower cost also..point is XM is only allowed to sell in parts of Asia for the Marvel license

Lawnknome
02-09-2015, 12:30 PM
The point is XM, at your price point, the frequency cannot be higher than say, 1 statue per quarter. If I were to collect with an average income and select characters I like I would go bankrupt in a few month now.

Also, you need to consider collectors in Europe and US. Prices are waaaay higher for us. I cannot afford 1 Marvel statue every 2 months. Maybe 4 per year tops. Realizing these costs me around €1000 per statue to get on my doorstep.

If anything, you need to try to get your statues to more global distributors at good prices. HEO, PBM etc. This way we can get them at better prices and closer to home.

Why can people just not understand that XM can do nothing about collectors outside their distribution contractual agreement. XM can take input and pointers from us in NA and Europe, but they CANNOT legally sell to us direct. So the fact that our price point is much higher does not matter. Prioritize your collection, sell other pieces to fund XM if you have to. At the end of the day they care about selling out, which they do, and they can't worry about the work around that NA and EU have to do.

Demona
02-09-2015, 12:34 PM
I really wish that Disney/Marvel would work with XM. I'm not privy to the details but I'm confused if it's cost, legality or whomever is already within the market (SS, Koto) in the States. If somebody else is c**kblockin and giving me inferior product, I want them gone :laugh:

Hunterkingxxl
02-17-2015, 07:07 AM
Why can people just not understand that XM can do nothing about collectors outside their distribution contractual agreement. XM can take input and pointers from us in NA and Europe, but they CANNOT legally sell to us direct. So the fact that our price point is much higher does not matter. Prioritize your collection, sell other pieces to fund XM if you have to. At the end of the day they care about selling out, which they do, and they can't worry about the work around that NA and EU have to do.

Hold you prancing ponies my friend. They did sell to Europe when the French distributor was selling their pieces. Also, are we not part of their clientelle? We are, and I will give my opinion based upon my own position in this market. At this moment, they are expensive, no matter how you bend or twist reality with arguments of license areas.

IF they were to interrest themselves in selling more in Europe and NA, they should consider expanding their licensed area. Not saying they need it, as they are selling out at the moment, just saying. As a wish for Europe and NA for their product to become more easily available.

They would sell 8000 Mageneto's if they were available at better prices in Europe and NA. ASIDE from their promise not to up ES. Just saying.