PDA

View Full Version : Could XM revive Tron Legacy line?

Jiggatron69
02-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Since XM can work with Marvel and has access to Disney, could they possibly revive the Tron Legacy line? I liked the Rinzler from SS but no other statues ever came of that series. They still have CLU, Flynns, Quora (:drooling:) and Gem (:drooling::drooling::drooling:) to go. Of course, I really want a good Quora and Gem with the sort of glow in the dark lines on their outfits. That would be pretty killer.

AC_808
02-13-2015, 06:42 PM
I'd bet money they could!

I'd like Gem and the other two ladys in white. And their portrait needs to be of very accurate likeness!

ReplicantSavior
02-13-2015, 07:21 PM
Honestly, I don't think it was Sideshow's fault but Disney. And if Sideshow couldn't finish the line back then I don't think that XM would get the chance to do it now. Even if it was just one statue of Quorra.

What I think happened was the movie wasn't as successful as expected. Someone (Sideshow or Disney who knows) thought to sell Rinzler first and he didn't move quickly either. The whole thing got shut down. Hot Toys didn't get to release a Quorra either. Although I don't think their female sculpts back then were close to what they are now.

But yes I would be all for an XM Studios Quorra. I'm just not going to get my hopes up at all.

nbr3bagshotrow
02-13-2015, 07:59 PM
The movie wasn't succesful enough for sideshow to commit to the licensing cost Disney would want. I'm sure Disney has all sorts of Marketing research to justify that decision.

Cougrcrumby
02-13-2015, 08:07 PM
I just don't see shelling out 800 for any of the characters..but that may just be me.

TheStig88
02-13-2015, 08:11 PM
I doubt it's just you, unfortunately. I'd like a Quorra and Gem but I certainly wouldn't pay XM prices for them. Just doesn't seem like a lucrative enough property for XM to devote the time and effort to unfortunately. Original TRON maybe, but not Legacy.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

SideShowJoe
02-13-2015, 09:28 PM
The movie wasn't succesful enough for sideshow to commit to the licensing cost Disney would want. I'm sure Disney has all sorts of Marketing research to justify that decision.

This wasn't good enough movie the line at ss is dead in the water! Plus i would never shell $1,000 for one trip statue!!

Only way I'm going to do this is for die hard characters I'm in love with and also every XM-STUDIOS STAR WARS pieces I can get my hands on! Because I wrote Xm and they wrote me back stating that they will explain the star wars license here very soon so they must of got it from Disney which of that is the case I'm 100% done with Sideshow from most part and will get every star wars pieces they announce!

Sideshow is just starting to do SW justice, now Xm needs to compete! I feel the force I'd strong with Xm! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

SJ

ReplicantSavior
02-13-2015, 09:41 PM

But Sideshow did commit. They committed to releasing four pieces. Marketed the line in a few videos. Released 300 or so units of Rinzler. A character I'm sure they thought many liked. I didn't. Tested which scale prototype lightcycle before deciding on I believe 1/4 scale. Showed the prototype which looked finished of the disc and baton props. And there were rough sketches of Quorra.

And research can justify doing or not doing many things. Disney research made all sorts of mistakes with TRON Legacy. If you look at everything they did to sell the movie, it was like it was the next big thing. Like a Pirates of the Caribbean.

Original TRON maybe, but not Legacy.

I would love an original TRON statue. Both of the ones I've seen have problems. There was a big Disney one that was the wrong color. And the Electric Tiki one I believe. I liked the design on it. But on both the likeness wasn't there.

built2shred
02-13-2015, 10:29 PM
This wasn't good enough movie the line at ss is dead in the water! Plus i would never shell $1,000 for one trip statue!!

Only way I'm going to do this is for die hard characters I'm in love with and also every XM-STUDIOS STAR WARS pieces I can get my hands on! Because I wrote Xm and they wrote me back stating that they will explain the star wars license here very soon so they must of got it from Disney which of that is the case I'm 100% done with Sideshow from most part and will get every star wars pieces they announce!

Sideshow is just starting to do SW justice, now Xm needs to compete! I feel the force I'd strong with Xm! Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

SJ

I had to glance at my calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st......

I am going to be so poor.......

Jiggatron69
02-13-2015, 10:29 PM
I'd be skeptical of any models they used until I see it for myself. I've seem too many bs marketing studies in my time to just assume they know exactly what they are doing. Anecdotally, the sucker punch movie tanked but the statues are pretty sought after these days. If XM made a good Quora and Gem to open up with, I bet it could do well. Also, keep n mind this hobby is also pretty big in China and Japan so don't limit the market base to US only.

built2shred
02-13-2015, 10:36 PM
I'd be skeptical of any models they used until I see it for myself. I've seem too many bs marketing studies in my time to just assume they know exactly what they are doing. Anecdotally, the sucker punch movie tanked but the statues are pretty sought after these days. If XM made a good Quora and Gem to open up with, I bet it could do well. Also, keep n mind this hobby is also pretty big in China and Japan so don't limit the market base to US only.

Your also talking about statues of hot chicks.....

Jiggatron69
02-13-2015, 10:48 PM
Your also talking about statues of hot chicks.....

Yup and the 2 tron girls I mentioned are prettyhawt

built2shred
02-13-2015, 11:03 PM
Yup and the 2 tron girls I mentioned are prettyhawt

They're all covered up in those weird neon suits though....

Although a Light Cycle would be really sick....

dao2
02-13-2015, 11:12 PM
I'd like tron stuff, but not XM prices :/ I'd reserve that for my favorites.

Luminous
02-13-2015, 11:16 PM
I haven't purchased a single XM statue so far, and I for one would actually pay XM prices for good Tron statues. Bring it.

Jiggatron69
02-14-2015, 12:05 AM
They're all covered up in those weird neon suits though....

Although a Light Cycle would be really sick....

Sometimes more is pretty good too

candyrocket786
02-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Pointless since XM doesn't put lights in their pieces.

Tron is about the lights.

But I would be down for a 1:4 scale Lightcycle with Sam Flynn.

TheStig88
02-14-2015, 12:14 AM
Sometimes more is pretty good too

88573This man gets it. Less is not always more. And on that note, a Sister of Battle statue would be awesome.

Jiggatron69
02-14-2015, 12:36 AM
This man gets it. Less is not always more. And on that note, a Sister of Battle statue would be awesome.

Thanks! Glad someone else gets it too. I would argue that it is a mark of a true master sculptor to make a woman in powered armor, tron suits or other combat form fitted skins look sexy. Something Sorayama has tried in the past but could never really get there. I think Tsukasa Bullet was the only one that ever had something close with some of his steam punk combat girls but never had the right poses or angles to really sell it.

SideShowJoe
02-14-2015, 01:51 AM
Edit

SideShowJoe
02-14-2015, 01:52 AM
I had to glance at my calendar and make sure it wasn't April 1st......

I am going to be so poor.......

No I'm not kidding !! I actually talked to employees at XM and they said that they will talk more about it but can't give us any info yet! My guess is they will a bounce close to May 4th be with us week and surprise the hell out of us with Star Wars statues! All I am going to say is I'm with you built... We're going to be broke but very happy!! :buttrock:

Sarah joe