PDA

View Full Version : Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli Maquette 3000 now?

imashyboi
09-02-2005, 10:45 AM
I just noticed that GG upped the production run of this statue to 3000 instead of 2500. Do you guys think the value of this statue will be less since there is another 500 made? If I knew they were going to make 3000 statues instead of 2500 I rather buy Grievous instead. I love the Grievous character alot more than Barriss Offee and Luminara Unduli, I don't think they were even in the actual movies. The only reason why I wanted this is because it's rarer than the other two.

What do you guys think about the value of the upcoming maquettes since they GG uped the production run. I notice that the older ones that has a limited run of 2500 are now selling on eBay around $125. 500 more probably doesn't make alot of difference but I'm sure they won't sell as high as their older counterparts. Hopefully all 3 statues will still sell around $110-$115.

Ia Zista Zass
09-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Barriss and Luminara will most likely never hit what Obi Wan and The ARC Captain did. Even if their numbers were low...the demand will most likely not be there. Split the total sales of any statue between collectors of statues, characters, statue lines and movies/series, and you create a much larger demand, than statue collectors alone. Most of the above 3 groups of collectors won't demonstrate too much interest in those 2 somewhat obscure characters....Mom and Dad...probably won't think to grab them as a gift when they read their names on the box for Jr. Obi wan and even the ARC Captain are much more recognizable if they've evn seen 1 or 2 episodes.....

IZZ

Virsago
09-02-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm glad I didn't order it,stupid GG :mad:

Wooktroop
09-02-2005, 12:23 PM
anyone buying these for investment is a fool

Virsago
09-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Me? I'm glad cuz now I can get it cheaper on ebay.I doubt it'll stay at retail price.

elwood49
09-02-2005, 03:33 PM

Agreed. To the OP, you don't have to keep making threads about what is going to increase in value. 99% of the time it's easy to tell. I'm pretty good at predicting what will increase in value, and these aren't big gainers. NONE of the GG stuff is going to increase in value unless it's an exclusive like the Corporal bust, or it has a low ES like the Dewback.

These maquettes may go up a little bit, but don't forget that the original maquettes virtually sat around in warehouses for MONTHS before people started buying them. They're still relatively cheap. I've gotten the entire set minus Padme for right around retail and I started collecting them a little over a month ago.

DON'T BUY THESE FOR PROFIT.

imashyboi
09-03-2005, 07:43 AM
I'm just curious if they're even worth preordering. I am getting them for about $60 a piece and they retail for $95. If you're saying that they won't sell at retail cost once they are release then I'll have to second guess my move. On the other hand, if they sell around $95-$100 a piece then it's still a profit anyway you see it. I'm thinking of buying two, I'm definitely keeping one for myself and probably selling the other one, maybe trading it too. If you guys don't think they'll sell for retail once they are release then preordering them isn't even worth it, eBay will definitely have them for less than cost price.

Zurbaran1
09-03-2005, 09:45 AM
I like this piece and I really don't care what the issue size is. I'm getting one for my collection.

Bullseye
09-03-2005, 09:46 AM
GG are in this to make money and sell as many units as they can. They are not concerned with the secondary market value. Buy them if your not interested in making money.

Juggernaut
09-03-2005, 09:58 AM
I dont buy staues because they might go up in value.

The statues I buy have value to me.

To me its more impotant to like the statue itself instead of liking it because its worth alot of money.

elwood49
09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
I like this piece and I really don't care what the issue size is. I'm getting one for my collection.

Same here. I'll have them all except for Padme. I'll probably get her eventually. I hope prices on her drop a little bit a year or so from now when the movie hype dies down. I'd like to get one for around $300 with $350 being the maximum I would spend on one. If it never comes down in price, then I'm content with having all of them except for her.

Mad4Busts
09-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I'll be adding this piece to my complete collection of Clone wars maquettes...

spider-man
09-03-2005, 09:31 PM
see, the thing some of you forget is that when the new episodes of the clone wars come out there will be an even larger fan base thus driving the price of this piece up.

imashyboi
09-03-2005, 11:37 PM
hey spiderman, are you talking about the second dvd that's coming out sometime in dec or november? or are they having new episodes of clone wars animated series?

Juggernaut
09-04-2005, 05:43 AM
How many are there in this series.

The ones I know are:

Obi Wan
General Grievous
Anakin
Asajj Ventress
Padme
Bariss & Luminara

Are there others?

RichardW
09-04-2005, 11:17 AM
Arc Trooper Captain
Yoda

If they do a third series, they really need to make Mace and Kit.

Juggernaut
09-04-2005, 02:26 PM
Arc Trooper Captain
Yoda

If they do a third series, they really need to make Mace and Kit.

Thanks.

Yeah Mace Windu and Kit Fisto would be cool. They should also make durge.

Mad4Busts
09-04-2005, 03:43 PM
I like my Clone Wars stuff better than the regular movie based stuff right now....but then again I am missing all of the clone troopers from the regular line... :bawling:

Ia Zista Zass
09-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Thanks.

Yeah Mace Windu and Kit Fisto would be cool. They should also make durge.

Ki Adi Mundi.....is a must....pretty nice job against Grievous....

IZZ

SpenK
09-04-2005, 06:48 PM
How many are there in this series.

The ones I know are:

Obi Wan
General Grievous
Anakin
Asajj Ventress
Padme
Bariss & Luminara

Are there others?

ARC Trooper Captain and Yoda :)

Ghost
09-04-2005, 07:08 PM
I hope to get these as well, but I'm still missing Obi Wan and Arc trooper, if I can get them at around 100 or less I would more then gladly get them, but as of right now I can't get them for what they go for, I just don't see them being worth that much. As of right now I just have Padme, Yoda, and a cracked Asajj I got for $20 from the LCS that was trying to get rid of her.

spider-man
09-04-2005, 09:06 PM
hey spiderman, are you talking about the second dvd that's coming out sometime in dec or november? or are they having new episodes of clone wars animated series?

The new clone wars series that lucas is making.

comicfan
09-04-2005, 09:20 PM
..don't care the numbers... will buy cause I like... no diference for me..it looks good the new ones..