PDA

View Full Version : If Chronicle Made a 1:1 Stargate Ra Mask Prop Replica Would you Buy It?

Viper245
03-16-2015, 06:07 PM
I would have a hard time passing on Ra even though I currently don't have the room to display it. Something in my collection would have to go to make room for it.

DynamicMenace
03-16-2015, 06:28 PM
um they are making it,, :)
Anubis, Horus and Ra are all in the works....

Pre-finished pieces only and we don't have a price set, but we are shooting for $1300.

Paul

Viper245
03-16-2015, 06:36 PM
DM, Paul indicated in another more recent comment that interest in Ra wasn't as high as the other two masks so it might be quite a while before Ra gets made. I decided to start a poll to gauge interest in a Ra mask prop replica if Chronicle made one. Hopefully it might convince Paul to consider making Ra sooner than is currently planned.

thedarkknight77
03-16-2015, 10:59 PM
Who's the Master?? Sho-Ra!! I said who's the master??? Sho-Ra!! Count me in men! Let's get this done!

Felmar
03-17-2015, 03:28 AM
Yes!

Bobfrog
03-17-2015, 07:02 PM
I've put yes BUT:

I would really like it if these pieces could be spaced out a bit for a few reasons i.e.

a) they are fairly high priced and as with most of us here I have a number of things that I'd like to get across the board (ideally I'd like to focus on Chronicle and XM now given the poor quality of SS).
b) I'll probably get beheaded (and end up being displayed next to these pieces) if my wife sees three of these things turning up in quick succession
c) Paul has indicated a number of pieces that I would likely put above this one e.g. the Glaive, any ghostbusters props, 1/4 anubis etc.

absolutely make it though. Once people start seeing Anubis and then Horus they'll pee their pants and jump on board! Still mega chuffed that I made the decision to get anubis. Its the single most expensive piece I've bought to date but it just looks out of this world (no pun intended!).

qz33
03-18-2015, 12:53 AM
^ I'm not too worried about schedule so spaced out is fine but eventually I want them all. 4 years down the isn't going to cut it.

Hearing such negative news so early gives me regrets.
I wonder how well Anubis sold compared to Chronicle's other offerings?

DynamicMenace
03-18-2015, 01:52 AM
DM, Paul indicated in another more recent comment that interest in Ra wasn't as high as the other two masks so it might be quite a while before Ra gets made. I decided to start a poll to gauge interest in a Ra mask prop replica if Chronicle made one. Hopefully it might convince Paul to consider making Ra sooner than is currently planned.

aahh i see, i missed his more recent comment. :thumbs2:
well if i were to buy any of the replica masks. i would def be wanting to get Ra. its the most impressive and interesting piece out of the three IMO.

Viper245
03-18-2015, 10:22 AM
I've put yes BUT:

I would really like it if these pieces could be spaced out a bit for a few reasons i.e.

a) they are fairly high priced and as with most of us here I have a number of things that I'd like to get across the board (ideally I'd like to focus on Chronicle and XM now given the poor quality of SS).
b) I'll probably get beheaded (and end up being displayed next to these pieces) if my wife sees three of these things turning up in quick succession
c) Paul has indicated a number of pieces that I would likely put above this one e.g. the Glaive, any ghostbusters props, 1/4 anubis etc.

absolutely make it though. Once people start seeing Anubis and then Horus they'll pee their pants and jump on board! Still mega chuffed that I made the decision to get anubis. Its the single most expensive piece I've bought to date but it just looks out of this world (no pun intended!).

You make some good points, Bob. Realistically, most collectors could probably only afford one of these large masks per year so I think a good strategy is to do Anubis this year (already on PO), Horus next year, and Ra in 2017. I think by the time Ra hits the PO stage people that have both Anubis and Horus in hand will be clamoring for it to complete the set and it should sell well at that point.

aahh i see, i missed his more recent comment. :thumbs2:
well if i were to buy any of the replica masks. i would def be wanting to get Ra. its the most impressive and interesting piece out of the three IMO.

Ra definitely is a striking piece fore sure, DM. :thumbs2:

Fremen
03-18-2015, 03:23 PM
I would but they would have to be spaced out so that flex payments wouldn't overlap.

Bobfrog
03-18-2015, 06:09 PM
You make some good points, Bob. Realistically, most collectors could probably only afford one of these large masks per year so I think a good strategy is to do Anubis this year (already on PO), Horus next year, and Ra in 2017. I think by the time Ra hits the PO stage people that have both Anubis and Horus in hand will be clamoring for it to complete the set and it should sell well at that point.

Ra definitely is a striking piece fore sure, DM. :thumbs2:

eggs-acktly! :thumbs2::thumbs2:

Python
03-18-2015, 06:23 PM
I would totally want too yes, but in reality no, I'd be forced to pass for the same reason I passed on Anubis, and will have to pass on Horus. I don't have room to display them.

I'll not vote though and I would buy a 1/4 statue of all of them.

Spazzy
03-18-2015, 07:34 PM
would be hard to pass up, but like others, definitely need to be spaced out if i could pull it off, but anubis and horus take precedence.

iam guessing the cost will be higher though

Chronicle CS
03-18-2015, 07:57 PM
We would do two this year and one next depending on the popularity of RA, we'll be molding the original in a few weeks so RA will at least be prototyped, I gotta have one. ;)

Paul

Morgul Steve
03-18-2015, 08:29 PM
We would do two this year and one next depending on the popularity of RA, we'll be molding the original in a few weeks so RA will at least be prototyped, I gotta have one. ;)

Paul

Awe man, can you at least make 2? :praying:
I need one too.

CallMe_Snake
03-18-2015, 08:44 PM
Awesome news Paul!

Any new info or updates you can tease us with on the Anubis or Horus masks?

Have you guys finalized the look of the bases yet?

Emmett
03-19-2015, 05:29 AM
Ra ? I'm in !

qz33
03-19-2015, 09:25 AM
Maybe they could at least offer it to customers that buy Anubis and Horus.

Python
03-19-2015, 09:48 AM
May as well offer it to everybody in that case. No sense limiting potential customers.

qz33
03-19-2015, 09:57 AM
Yeah I was just thinking if they wanted to keep it small and have a reward for prior customers like Paul had mentioned before.

I'm not wanting anyone excluded just thinking of whatever can make it possible to get made.

It is just too good and having Horus and Anubis it would be a shame to not have Ra as well.

I can't believe Anubis hasn't sold out already. Maybe it needs better advertising.

Still say this has a similar problem as PCS's busts; despite a high price seeing it in person will blow people's minds but all the POs are happening prior to any items in hand.

Viper245
03-19-2015, 10:30 AM

Paul

That's good to hear, Paul. Just to let you know if/when you make Ra I will buy it. I am in for all three.

Maybe they could at least offer it to customers that buy Anubis and Horus.

That may not be a bad idea, qz23. That way at least the collectors that have the other two masks will have a crack at Ra and it shouldn't leave a lot of inventory for Paul to have to deal with on the back end.

Chronicle CS
03-19-2015, 10:35 AM
We may do a loyalty program, if you order Anubis and Horus we may discount RA, but only for those that got in on the first two....

Paul

Viper245
03-19-2015, 10:38 AM
We may do a loyalty program, if you order Anubis and Horus we may discount RA, but only for those that got in on the first two....

Paul

I definitely like the sound of that, Paul. I hope you guys decide to do it. :buttrock:

CallMe_Snake
03-19-2015, 11:13 AM
Nice! I like that idea! I'm in for all three for sure. Especially if RA is a little further down the line.. I can justify the payment plans that way. Lol

RA is too awesome looking to pass on for me. Especially with those great opening credits of the film focusing on the details of that mask... that amazing David Arnold score... Yep, I must have the RA mask as well.:buttrock:

Morgul Steve
03-19-2015, 11:19 AM

Paul

It's funny but I was going to suggest the same thing or some thing similar. Like make a limited edition of RA equal to the number of people that order both Anubis and Horus. I would think it would be a small number around 50 or so.
But a discount would be cool too. :buttrock:

spacemarine
03-19-2015, 01:28 PM

Paul

Sounds good, I might be tempted to get Ra depending on the release dates and the discount :)

You guys at CC are awesome !!!!

Bobfrog
03-19-2015, 04:32 PM

Paul

I love it when a plan comes together :)

count me in if there's a discount

Viper245
03-19-2015, 05:04 PM
It's good to see some collectors who are able to commit to purchasing these fantastic mask prop replicas. I am confident in saying these will be the most accurate and detailed replicas of the actual screen used masks from the film that will ever be made by any company. For fans of the Stargate film this a dream come true and I include myself when I say that because I am a fan of the film. I never thought I would see high quality replicas of these masks produced for collectors and Chronicle made it happen.

Thank you Paul and everyone at Chronicle for making this dream become a reality! :thumbs2::buttrock::thumbs2:

Bobfrog
03-19-2015, 05:06 PM
ditto Vipes.

Man when Anubis arrives I think I'm gonna surprise my dad. He's probably a bigger stargate fan than I am and he's gonna pee his pants when he sees it, lol.

Viper245
03-19-2015, 05:12 PM
Thanks Bob.

I am sure your dad won't believe his eyes when he sees Anubis in person. It's going to be a glorious time when Anubis arrives in collectors homes - one that I am very much looking forward to.

thedarkknight77
03-19-2015, 08:31 PM

Paul

This is just smart Marketing! Great idea Paul, this will get these sold out. With so many options on where to spend our money, ideas like this will allow Chronicle to get a higher fair share of our wallet. I still say release the 1/4 scale after Horus 1:1 and before RA. That will keep people interested. I cannot wait to post pics of Anibus and RA in my Loft/Museum.

Chronicle CS
03-20-2015, 01:25 AM
Yeah it's done, we'll offer a loyalty program, if you buy the first two we'll heavily discount RA for those that want all three. We may offer it at our international wholesale rate.

You guys are why we have a business in the first place. It only makes sense to take care of those who took care of us.

Maybe we do this with our 1/6 Robocop, we offer them only to the people who bought Cain or ED-209, and you get the Robo for the figure you bought.

With what we sold on Cain it would be worth it to make, but I'd need a minimum order to get them made.

Maybe we'll send out an email to Cain and ED customers and see if there is some interest.

You guys want it, we'll make it happen.

Paul

Felmar
03-20-2015, 02:46 AM
That's great news, Paul..

Looking forward on having all 3 busts displayed :)

Bobfrog
03-20-2015, 03:46 AM
Yeah it's done, we'll offer a loyalty program, if you buy the first two we'll heavily discount RA for those that want all three. We may offer it at our international wholesale rate.

You guys are why we have a business in the first place. It only makes sense to take care of those who took care of us.

Maybe we do this with our 1/6 Robocop, we offer them only to the people who bought Cain or ED-209, and you get the Robo for the figure you bought.

With what we sold on Cain it would be worth it to make, but I'd need a minimum order to get them made.

Maybe we'll send out an email to Cain and ED customers and see if there is some interest.

Paul

wow, that's awesome. Thanks Paul. You guys are :buttrock:

With robocop can you let me know how your plans pan out asap as this is right near my hit list and I don't want to miss out. I was just waiting for news on when / if you were gonna make it. And presumably would you only be offering this to people that purchase either ed or cain direct from you?

Any more details asap would be great on whether robocop would be strictly limited or not.
Hope that garbledness makes sense. Thanks mate!

Viper245
03-20-2015, 11:08 AM

Paul

That's absolutely fantastic news on the loyalty program for Ra, Paul! Thank you for doing that, sir! :buttrock:

That seals the deal for me and I'll definitely be taking advantage of it when Ra goes up for preorder since I will be getting all three masks. Count me in on the 1/6 Robocop deal too. I have Cain on order and was planning to pick up Robocop when you guys made it. Now with the possibility of a loyalty program for Robocop, it will make it that much easier for me to add him to the collection. :thumbs2:

Bravo!!

Morgul Steve
03-20-2015, 11:27 AM
Yeah that's great news. I hope to get all 3 masks.
Hopefully you can do something like this with the Terminator stuff.

IXEC
03-20-2015, 03:59 PM

Paul

Well Paul, your amazing offer just got me to pull the trigger for Anubis. . :itsb: :)

El Diablo
03-20-2015, 04:26 PM
put me down for both robocops :)

thedarkknight77
03-20-2015, 07:23 PM
You guys should of heard me trying to explain how awesome the concept of a Chronicle loyalty program is to my girlfriend and "that is why we need to buy all 3." She was like, "how big are these masks and where are they going."...and "Where is my ring and how many pairs of shoes are you going to buy me if I let you buy them.".........lol

Morgul Steve
03-20-2015, 09:19 PM
You guys should of heard me trying to explain how awesome the concept of a Chronicle loyalty program is to my girlfriend and "that is why we need to buy all 3." She was like, "how big are these masks and where are they going."...and "Where is my ring and how many pairs of shoes are you going to buy me if I let you buy them.".........lol

Hey it's not to late to dump her, I'll only get worse once your married. :D

Bobfrog
03-21-2015, 07:55 AM

lol. best use every jedi mind trick you can muster my friend :)

Or...just try and get Paul and co to make you a nice replica ring and replica jimmy choos that looks like it's worth a million dollars.

...actually maybe not.that could get someone into trouble. my advice, just go back to grovelling like the rest of us ;)

Python
03-21-2015, 09:14 AM

I've come to the conclusion that forgiveness is easier than permission. :laugh:

Felmar
03-21-2015, 12:04 PM
Hey it's not to late to dump her, I'll only get worse once your married. :D

:hilarious:

God bless the wives!
"If you can buy a $1000 statue, what's wrong with a $400 purse?"

spacemarine
03-21-2015, 02:55 PM
I'm lucky, I told my wife I was buying a $1300 5"5" Anubis mask, the only response I got was "I'm not dusting that".................

Viper245
03-23-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm lucky, I told my wife I was buying a $1300 5"5" Anubis mask, the only response I got was "I'm not dusting that".................

:laugh: I'd take that as a yes.