PDA

View Full Version : ---------Darth Maul .Versus. Darth Maul-------

Pages : [1] 2

SpenK
09-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Who Looks Better in these 2 Pics?
I think Gentle Giant Will Kick @$$ (Attakus :eplus2: )

Ghost
09-04-2005, 07:26 PM
I like both, but I gotta say GG's is looking very tight.

mitchanator
09-04-2005, 07:27 PM
I think GG's looks better on this picture

boondocksaint
09-04-2005, 07:30 PM
wow! i have to say GG....

Ghost
09-04-2005, 07:31 PM
Not to mention alot of us have seen this in person. It looks really good, I can't wait to put it next to my Vader.

boondocksaint
09-04-2005, 07:32 PM
Not to mention alot of of seen this in person. It looks really good, I can't wait to put it next to my Vader.

me to...uh wait it wont fit on the shelf in my detolf...vader is to big...ughhhh :banghead:

SpenK
09-04-2005, 07:33 PM
:eplus2: The Sith Will Prevail With the help of Gentle Giant :buttrock:
A lot here talk bad about the quantity of pices they Pruduce(Very Large?) but you have to also admire the quality of this company's Work :)

galactus
09-04-2005, 07:34 PM
GG is in serious Attakickingass mode. This Maul was awsome out in SD and easily trumps the Attakus piece!!!

SpenK
09-04-2005, 07:37 PM
me to...uh wait it wont fit on the shelf in my detolf...vader is to big...ughhhh :banghead:
Are the Self on the detolf Removable in the sense of having more space between ? I am Planing on Buying this system but some of my future pieces (Sauron,SS Grievous) are very Large??? Honest Opinion about the System :)

elwood49
09-04-2005, 07:59 PM
I actually like the GG likeness slightly better, but I like the Attakus pose waaay better. I just wish the Attakus had the saber blades ignited.

The GG Maul is pretty accurate facially, but I just really dislike the way the cape looks. The blowing fabric looks like a Koto piece. I prefer more screen-accurate pieces instead of the stylized look of the GG piece. I'm glad those that want one really like it, though. It's just not for me.

speedracer
09-04-2005, 08:15 PM
I think the GG maul looks great..I also like the attakus but i wasnt' collecting stats at that time and i always comtemplate on missed opportunities of the stats i've let slip through..=(

cap70
09-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I sold my Attakus Darth Maul recently and don't plan on getting any more Mauls. But I may like GG face slightly better, but I do like Attakus pose much better (here me and elwood on agreement again) :) So the Attakus wins. GG pose suxs. He looks like a bullfighter waiting for the bull, just give him a red flag and voila.
I don't collect new Trilogy characters anymore and at 11" it would be dwarfed by my actual statues, so no thanks. ;)

Sniper
09-04-2005, 08:26 PM
I actually like the GG likeness slightly better, but I like the Attakus pose waaay better. I just wish the Attakus had the saber blades ignited.

The GG Maul is pretty accurate facially, but I just really dislike the way the cape looks. The blowing fabric looks like a Koto piece. I prefer more screen-accurate pieces instead of the stylized look of the GG piece. I'm glad those that want one really like it, though. It's just not for me.
agreed always liked that pose!!!!!

The General
09-04-2005, 08:33 PM
GG is in serious Attakickingass mode. This Maul was awsome out in SD and easily trumps the Attakus piece!!!
I agree big G.

SpenK
09-04-2005, 08:39 PM
I actually Like The Pose Very Much :)

chasethedragon
09-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Attakus is infinitely better for at least three reasons. First, bigger is better. The impact of the Attakus statue over the GG is partially due to its size.

Second, both the GG Vader and Maul figures look like they are in the midst of scenes from the movies, like part of dioramas. This makes it harder to display them for those who care about such things. Just imagine placing the GG Vader next to the GG Maul. Would you have the capes blowing towards each other or away from each other. Either way, it would feel wrong because there is no consistency in wind direction.

FInally, as with the Vader 1, the Attakus Maul pose connotes the power and violence of the character without being part of an implied action scene. You don't need to have huge billowing capes to show that Maul and Vader are powerful and deadly.

SpenK
09-04-2005, 08:56 PM
Attakus is infinitely better for at least three reasons. First, bigger is better. The impact of the Attakus statue over the GG is partially due to its size.

Second, both the GG Vader and Maul figures look like they are in the midst of scenes from the movies, like part of dioramas. This makes it harder to display them for those who care about such things. Just imagine placing the GG Vader next to the GG Maul. Would you have the capes blowing towards each other or away from each other. Either way, it would feel wrong because there is no consistency in wind direction.

FInally, as with the Vader 1, the Attakus Maul pose connotes the power and violence of the character without being part of an implied action scene. You don't need to have huge billowing capes to show that Maul and Vader are powerful and deadly.
Time Will tell which one Is the Best..... and Ummmmmmmm "Bigger is Always Better" yeah you are right especially for Some Special details and Moments...... :)

cap70
09-04-2005, 08:58 PM
And what a terrible way to put the lightsaber. It will take too much back/front space.

spider-man
09-04-2005, 09:05 PM
The one that had ray parks head scanned in is the best! I don't know I guess I'm just a stickler for realism GG everytime.

comicfan
09-04-2005, 09:15 PM
...wow..it's been out yet?..gg looks good, i buy it... but attakus better..better pose..lets hope gg makes the scale right this time..they have problem with scale...

nexus
09-04-2005, 09:57 PM
I think the GG Maul is looking pretty awesome. The slow-moving sumbyaches.

RichardW
09-04-2005, 10:14 PM
I agree with everything chasethedragon said.

Danno
09-04-2005, 10:26 PM
I am SO getting the Gentle Giants one...that looks fantastic!!!!!

Celtickliq
09-04-2005, 10:33 PM
I have the Attakus. I like the GG face better but like the Attakus pose.

Jerseydevil
09-04-2005, 11:19 PM
I have the Attakus. I like the GG face better but like the Attakus pose.

I agree. I used to have the Attakus (I'm still sick over selling it). Attakus had the pose and the sheer size. GG's face is better but I'm also not too keen on the stylized cape. I'm still picking it up anyway.

Gianco
09-04-2005, 11:20 PM
Hey Cap, what's going on with your Attakus? Are you selling the new trilogy pieces? PM me! :D
I think both statues look great, poses and details. GG really made an excellent work with this piece!

lordsidi
09-04-2005, 11:51 PM
I will have to defend Gentle Giant again,it seems....For starters,the price tags of the two items are a big difference,and considering the face of Maul is MUCH better on the GG one this time,I think the choice is obvious. As far as the "stylized" cape, well,did everyone want another Maul in another Attackus pose??...I mean i think its so cool that u get a pose with his awesome cape on! Also people keep saying that the "bullfighter pose" will be hard to display,,well how does everyone display their Attackus statues ,which are much larger?....I don't know what the overwhelming negativity towards GG comes from,,but as far as I know,the price and quality are VERY good,,and this comes from a Star Wars fan from DAY ONE.....P.S. this does not take away from Attackus,which is a very high quality company.

Grievous
09-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Attakus' looks cartoony.

Gruson
09-05-2005, 12:28 AM
I don't have it anymore but the Attakus piece is better IMO. Love this pose!

http://www.sithvixen.com/mycollection/wantedattakus.jpg

I do think the GG Maul is pretty good though. It's one of their best for sure.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 04:25 AM
Attakus' looks cartoony.
.....it's the picture.....if you look at the picture gruson posted you see it isnt cartoony....

comicfan
09-05-2005, 04:32 AM

....after all those years that attakus have been kicking gg butt relentless...not only in quantity but quality...but gg need to worry about koto..that's the one that competes with gg....and koto have also been kicking gg bad lately....

Collection King 13
09-05-2005, 09:45 AM
I think they both look great! GG's looked great out at SDCC and Attakus' Looks great in the pics.....

SpenK
09-05-2005, 10:38 AM
I will have to defend Gentle Giant again,it seems....For starters,the price tags of the two items are a big difference,and considering the face of Maul is MUCH better on the GG one this time,I think the choice is obvious. As far as the "stylized" cape, well,did everyone want another Maul in another Attackus pose??...I mean i think its so cool that u get a pose with his awesome cape on! Also people keep saying that the "bullfighter pose" will be hard to display,,well how does everyone display their Attackus statues ,which are much larger?....I don't know what the overwhelming negativity towards GG comes from,,but as far as I know,the price and quality are VERY good,,and this comes from a Star Wars fan from DAY ONE.....P.S. this does not take away from Attackus,which is a very high quality company.
Thats Right...............Gentle Giant Quality is Excellent :buttrock:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 10:58 AM
Maybe i'm biased towards GG,..but I'm not sure what is wrong with the quality of GG??...I have a good majority of the Star Wars line,,and I am usually floored and always amazed at my collection in my curio. From the flawless stormtrooper,and boba fett (including REAL wookie scalps!..hehehe), to the golden c3po ,and how can i forget Darth(with even the little "hebrew" writing ,on his chestplate!), I simply am so happy with the majority of the GG line....but why they don't make an Emperor or Darth Sidious is beyond me.,,lets hope they do..Anyway,as I've stated in other messages,the Attackus star wars line is very good,and if u have the 300 or more to shell out each time for one of them,,good for you, but I will take my Gentle Giant,and save a few bucks......which probably will be spent on my NEXT statue. :laugh:

RichardW
09-05-2005, 11:07 AM
I don't know what the overwhelming negativity towards GG comes from...

I think it stems from the fact that their release schedule is very sporadic. GG also doesn't seem to know how to build up the hype of their products. It's been months since Revenge of the Sith came out and they've released ONE product based on that film. They released a slew of busts back in 2002 for Attack of the Clones. Why didn't they do that again this year? They've also got a bust coming from this movie, but it's another damn Vader.

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:12 AM
i guess I have to agree with you about the sporadic releases,and I really don't think another vader was needed,as much as I love the big guy. I would love to see a TIE fighter pilot ,or AT AT driver,,even a General Veers in his ATAT uniform,,jeez,even a plain ol' imperial officer or maybe an Imperial navy trooper(aka,death star trooper). There is a ton I could think of..

cap70
09-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Have you owned any Attakus piece? If you did, then you would see why they are top notch stuff and costs what they cost. I have many GG stuff and the Attakus quality it's better, but then you pay more. But don't forget: First, the Attakus pieces are bigger(more $$$ to make). Second, the paint job on Attakus it's superior than GG. That's a fact based on years of me collecting both lines. I had MANY returns of poor painted and deffective statues/busts with GG. I went trough 5(yes, 5) GG Vaders until I got a couple I liked. I NEVER got any bad piece from Attakus, and I have many of them. Always perfect, flawless paint jobs(probably cause Attakus are less "mass" produced than GG). Third, Attakus have MUCH more SW FS statues than GG. Would take what, 20 years for GG to have as many pieces?? Fourth, Attakus have a MUCH lower LE, and their pieces holds value really well, some increased a lot in price and some keep increasing. That counts too to many people. GG Vader it's worth much less than retail these days. Attakus Vaders are worth MUCH more than retail these days, so are Maul, Stormtrooper, C3, R2, Boba, Yoda 1 etc. I'm talking about FS statues since Attakus have no SW busts. So in the end the higher price on the Attakus is not as bad as it sounds. ;)
If you are happy with GG and like their stuff, then good for you, that's what matters. I like GG too, don't get me wrong. I still have many pieces from GG. For the price, they are very good. But if we start talking about bang for the buck and looks, then Kotobukyia eats GG alive.
About the Attakus pieces beeing harder to display: Doh! They are bigger, they SHOULD be harder to display. But you are kind of "expecting" this when you buy the line. GG Maul have a saber that makes him "too fat" to display. Sure you can display him, but isn't pratical if you have your other GG statues on a custom shelf, for exemple, and don't have back/front space. Not a big problem and in no way a motive for not buying the statue, but it's something worth mentioning.

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:39 AM
wow!..lol,,well I guess we all have different opinions,and yeah I guess if u pay more ur should expect more,but I for one can't afford Attackus,so I guess I will have to live with my inferior collection...and I won't comment on THAT subject anymore.

Gir
09-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I sold my Attakus Darth Maul recently and don't plan on getting any more Mauls. But I may like GG face slightly better, but I do like Attakus pose much better (here me and elwood on agreement again) :) So the Attakus wins. GG pose suxs. He looks like a bullfighter waiting for the bull, just give him a red flag and voila.
I don't collect new Trilogy characters anymore and at 11" it would be dwarfed by my actual statues, so no thanks. ;)

Your actual statues?

:rolleyes2

Rudy
09-05-2005, 06:54 PM
I love the gg darth vader I bought it as soon as I saw it and I am sure I will buy darth maul as well. My concern is for some reason those gg statues look like they are fatter and shorter.

SpenK
09-05-2005, 06:57 PM
I love the gg darth vader I bought it as soon as I saw it and I am sure I will buy darth maul as well. My concern is for some reason those gg statues look like they are fatter and shorter.
I actually was looking at some pics from the attakus darth vader's a thought the same....no joke?? :p

Rudy
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
I actually was looking at some pics from the attakus darth vader's a thought the same....no joke?? :p

I think as gg states they are movie accurate. Can too accurate mean short and fat. Just a thought. :)

SpenK
09-05-2005, 07:32 PM
I think as gg states they are movie accurate. Can too accurate mean short and fat. Just a thought. :)
Do you have the GG Darth Vader? :inquisiti

Rudy
09-05-2005, 07:38 PM
Do you have the GG Darth Vader? :inquisiti

Yes I do and I think it has a great pose with the cape blowing and the hand and I sure love it. But he just looks a bit shorter than ussual.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 07:41 PM
....gg vader looks too short....with too big armor chest and too big head...the bust looks much better....

RichardW
09-05-2005, 07:43 PM
That big gap between his shoulder armor and his arm bugs me. That's why I didn't keep mine.

Rudy
09-05-2005, 07:45 PM
I think this koto vader is awesome shame its plastic.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 07:46 PM
That big gap between his shoulder armor and his arm bugs me. That's why I didn't keep mine.

...i did the same with mine richardw...the proportions are very off...

SpenK
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
His Head Actually is a Little Big..That Means more Brain Power....Or Dark Force........ :p

Rudy
09-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Then it looks like those gg vaders will be unpopular in the future. :banghead:

SpenK
09-05-2005, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE=Rudy]Then it looks like those gg vaders will be unpopular in the future. :banghead:[/QUOTE
Darth Vader is Always Popular...... Any Statue (With a Overal Good Design) will be Valuable always......... :)

Rudy
09-05-2005, 07:58 PM
[/QUOTE
Darth Vader is Always Popular...... Any Statue (With a Overal Good Design) will be Valuable always......... :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your comment but I really had High hopes for this GG line but I am starting too feel a bit dissapointed.
For instance this dart maul picture shows it also will look a bit fat. And why are those boots so huge.

Doc Sonic
09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
Well, you know what they say about big shoes....

Big Light Saber! :)

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:00 PM
And why are those boots so huge.

..thanks for pointing this out..it's really big...like bozo.... :laugh: .... darth bozo...

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:03 PM
[/QUOTE
Darth Vader is Always Popular...... Any Statue (With a Overal Good Design) will be Valuable always......... :)

Thanks for your comment but I really had High hopes for this GG line but I am starting too feel a bit dissapointed.
For instance this dart maul picture shows it also will look a bit fat. And why are those boots so huge.[/QUOTE]
This one is also HUGE............... :inquisiti

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:04 PM
I think since this vader was modeled after the outfit Haydn christiansen was wearing, lil' ol' Hayden didnt' quite fit as well as David Prowse, but as far as being accurate it seems to be accurate as far as the Movie goes..and the helmet is not too big....P.S. I actually repainted my Darth to look like the color scheme of the Empire Strikes Back. I repainted his mask,with the two tones,like Empire,and also repainted the green button on his chest plate blue. I also added in the little alien(a.k.a. hebrew) symbols underneath the flashing red buttons on his chest...I'm sure the other painting masters ,on here, could have done better,,,but I must say I really like what I did,,and am surprised I still have a pretty steady painting hand.... :p

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
This one is also HUGE............... :inquisiti

..this one looks right...not huge at all... not even close to darth bozo size.. :laugh: ....

Rudy
09-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Well it can also mean not everyone can fill his boots. :laugh:

Vader
09-05-2005, 08:07 PM
The Attakus version is much better in my opinion. The GG poses are terrible. The maul looks a lot like those small statues put out by applause some years ago (when episode 1 was released).

The Attakus pieces are prestige pieces. The price makes them pretty exclusive. Not really comparable. More for the serious collector.

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Well it can also mean not everyone can fill his boots. :laugh:

That's True Maul is a Real Bad @$$............. :eplus2:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:08 PM
but as far as being accurate it seems to be accurate as far as the Movie goes..and the helmet is not too big.

...the helmet is too big..the reason i sold mine..and the armor it's also very big...not the right proportion..his legs are also short... and the cape it's too thick...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:09 PM
you people are ridiculous!..the picture in question with the boot,,well most of that is shadow!..and I don't know what "midget" vader's you got,,but mine has perfect proportions....and if anyone is unhappy with their GG statues or busts,,you can sure send them to me as a present.

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:11 PM
you people are ridiculous!..the picture in question with the boot,,well most of that is shadow!..and I don't know what "midget" vader's you got,,but mine has perfect proportions....and if anyone is unhappy with their GG statues or busts,,you can sure send them to me as a present.

Thank;s Another GG Darth Vader Fan.Just Like ME :buttrock:

Rudy
For instance this dart maul picture shows it also will look a bit fat. And why are those boots so huge.
This one is also HUGE............... :inquisiti[/QUOTE]

When you look at the overall attakus statue boots dont bother me that much but somehow in gg s version they look a bit odd. Dont get me wrong I love the gg pose much better just those details bother me. :)

comicfan

..not shadow...just a big..out of proportion boot...
sorry..but can't send to you..sold on ebay... it looked too bad...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:16 PM
well,I will happily buy "made in america" gentle giant statues,,and let the snobby French keep their's....also as far as the reply sent in by "Vader" stating ,Attackus is for the "serious collector",,well if u want to take a mortgage out for the HIGH END Attackus,,then be my guest...but this "serious collector" is very pleased with my Cheap,big booted vader's and hopefully real soon,Maul...thank u very much :eplus2:

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:19 PM
well,I will happily buy "made in america" gentle giant statues,,and let the snobby French keep their's....also as far as the reply sent in by "Vader" stating ,Attackus is for the "serious collector",,well if u want to take a mortgage out for the HIGH END Attackus,,then be my guest...but this "serious collector" is very pleased with my Cheap,big booted vader's and hopefully real soon,Maul...thank u very much :eplus2:

Man you Sound Like a Sith Lord..... Evil will Prevail..........Let the Jedi Vanish :eplus2:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:21 PM

....well that's a ridiculous tought about the french and descriminating....very childish too...i'm french and i collect american statues and love a lot of them...principally bowen...i don't care where it comes from..as long as i like and looks good to me....

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:22 PM
hahaha,,well I do tend to lean towards the Nasties in movies....but just a big fan of GG and tired of the "Elite, High end statue snobs" putting down what I consider a quality company.

Rudy
09-05-2005, 08:24 PM
I will never buy the attakus versions because I think they are overrated and too simple looking. I just wanna make sure GG is the right way to go.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:25 PM
....i'm also tired of people that think just cause they can't aford some pieces.... they need to put them down or call people that can afford snobs...grow up...many attakus pieces were cheap at one time....bought some very cheap...if they increse value is not our fault....just like gg clone wars padme....

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Well I was a bit heated,,and I apologize about the French thing...and quite frankly the Attackus Vader 1 is simply mindblowing,and I would LOVE to have gotten it when I could have...but c'est la vie...but for 160 bucks I now have a very good rendition of my favorite dark lord on my TV and I am happy.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:27 PM
I will never buy the attakus versions because I think they are overrated and too simple looking. I just wanna make sure GG is the right way to go.

..not overated at all for what you get..for reasons many people here explained already....go see one in front of you...

boondocksaint
09-05-2005, 08:29 PM
....i'm also tired of people that think just cause they can't aford some pieces.... they need to put them down or call people that can afford snobs...grow up...many attakus pieces were cheap at one time....bought some very cheap...if they increse value is not our fault....just like gg clone wars padme....

the attakus vaders blow the gg vader away!
i cant afford the attakus and im happy with the gg version

the gg maul i would honestly buy over the attakus even if i had the $$ to shell out ...just like it better :buttrock:

comicfan
Well I was a bit heated,,and I apologize about the French thing...and quite frankly the Attackus Vader 1 is simply mindblowing,and I would LOVE to have gotten it when I could have...but c'est la vie...but for 160 bucks I now have a very good rendition of my favorite dark lord on my TV and I am happy.

..no problem..paid less than $300 on first vader when it was release..sold for $1500 two months ago...

boondocksaint
..no problem..paid less than $300 on first vader when it was release..sold for $1500 two months ago...

want a medal? :)

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
I just sold one of my GG Vaders for $500....................................................................Just Kidding :p

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:32 PM
...well,the only reason I am on here today was I was defending the GG line from people constantly downgrading this or that about them, also even when the Vader 1 was first brought out he was still like 300 or more...and I just think its kinda pricey...but I guess we all splurge on certain stuff...like the new Anakin Skywalker FX lightsaber i just ordered..hehehe..and again I guess we are all fans ,no matter what..PEACE! :buttrock:

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:35 PM
...well,the only reason I am on here today was I was defending the GG line from people constantly downgrading this or that about them, also even when the Vader 1 was first brought out he was still like 300 or more...and I just think its kinda pricey...but I guess we all splurge on certain stuff...like the new Anakin Skywalker FX lightsaber i just ordered..hehehe..and again I guess we are all fans ,no matter what..PEACE! :buttrock:
Actually my Tread was Called Darth Maul .Versus. Darth Maul No StatueForum MEMBER Versus StatueForum MEMBER so Chill Out :eplus2:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:38 PM
I'm chill,my friend!...and u are so correct,,so peace be with u all,and lets all just sit and stare at our Vader's ,in a moment of silece...hehehe

Rudy
09-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I just dont see the big deal gg version looks much more sophisticated. And simply much cooler. [if you can oversee the problems with the proportions but that seems to change due to opinions about the movie accuraccy]

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:40 PM
...sorry..but gg vader looks like a toy close to the attakus vader 2... you prob never see one...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:42 PM
Grrrrrr :banghead:

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:44 PM
I just dont see the big deal gg version looks much more sophisticated. And simply much cooler. [if you can oversee the problems with the proportions but that seems to change due to opinions about the movie accuraccy]

They Both Look Pretty Cool To me I have the GG and also the Kotobukiya But If I ever Find An Attakus Around for a Good Price I will Go for It.......Vader Fan Here Forever..........The Sith Will Prevail.......... :eplus2:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:45 PM
Grrrrrr :banghead:

...you bad mouth the french.. ..and shows a little ignorance and immaturity .... i'm the one that should be upset... i don't offend anyone....just talk about a statue...

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:45 PM
...sorry..but gg vader looks like a toy close to the attakus vader 2... you prob never see one...
A toy??? That is not Fair..............I think you are really going hard on the GG Version...........

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Guys please don't Fight Over This, just Keep Giving your Honest Opinions.... :)

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:47 PM
"glory be!!" a collector with some wisdom!...By the way a Mercedes is a great car,and u sure pay for it,,,but a good Toyota corolla is great car too,in different ways,,least of all in the price tag,,,but I would'nt say the Toyota looks like a TOY compared to the Mercedes.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:48 PM
A toy??? That is not Fair..............I think you are really going hard on the GG Version...........

..toy is way of expression..sorry for my english..right word is smaller and less details...and bad proportion in my eyes...for reasons i talked already

SpenK
09-05-2005, 08:50 PM
..toy is way of expression..sorry for my english..right word is smaller and less details...and bad proportion in my eyes...for reasons i talked already
Smaller because GG is 1/6 Scale and Attakus is 1/5 But on the detail Level they are in THE SAME LEVEL..........

Rudy
09-05-2005, 08:52 PM

Acctualy I happened to see one yesterday at my friends house I will tell you the same thing I told him, when you buy a vader statue you expect him to look like a sith lord not I think I shat my pants lord. :eplus2:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:53 PM
the vader 1 and 2 Attackus are based on the original Star Wars Vader,,which had a body builder inside of the outfit...the GG vader statue is based on the new vader,and no matter what padding they put in that outfit,he was NOT gonna be as big....the gg version is movie accurate...

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:54 PM
Smaller because GG is 1/6 Scale and Attakus is 1/5 But on the detail Level they are in THE SAME LEVEL..........

..i know scales are different..and about the details...no they aren't the same...sorry.....there's many differences..you probably never see the two side by side....i did...many more details on the attakus vaders..in the belt..helmet...cloth...attakus have screws on back of helmet... like original movie...cape looks better in attakus..thinner and more real....too thick on gg vader...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Acctualy I happened to see one yesterday at my friends house I will tell you the same thing I told him, when you buy a vader statue you expect him to look like a sith lord not I think I shat my pants lord. :eplus2:
Now that is silly...and if any of you look at a picture of the new vader,,his pants are baggy,not tight like the original's...again,,Movie accurate.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:56 PM

..pants on gg vader are too big..looks bad and not tight.. not like a sith lord to me....more like a child on vader dress...

comicfan
09-05-2005, 08:57 PM
the vader 1 and 2 Attackus are based on the original Star Wars Vader,,which had a body builder inside of the outfit...the GG vader statue is based on the new vader,and no matter what padding they put in that outfit,he was NOT gonna be as big....the gg version is movie accurate...

gg says it's a mix of all vaders....so you are wrong....is not movie acurate.....it's a mix.....it says on the box...

Rudy
09-05-2005, 08:59 PM
Well I am a huge vader fan and I think he is the coolest charachter ever created in gg s version I personally see a much more glorious pose and thats the way I wanna see him. Then again this is my opinion. Money is the second issue.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Well I am a huge vader fan and I think he is the coolest charachter ever created in gg s version I personally see a much more glorious pose and thats the way I wanna see him. Then again this is my opinion. Money is the second issue.

...goood....if you happy..that's what important... i never was happy with gg vader..and i'm great vader fan too...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:02 PM
If you would stop drooling over your Attackus Vader,and commenting on all the more details in your version,,which by the way,if I was paying 300 for a statue he better have all the screws and zippers ,etc...!.. Just look at any pic of the Revenge of the Sith Vader,,his pants are baggy,,,and that is the end of that!

boondocksaint
09-05-2005, 09:05 PM
gg says it's a mix of all vaders....so you are wrong....is not movie acurate.....it's a mix.....it says on the box...

dude....you have such hatred for the GG vader,,,,did yours attack you in your sleep or something???
chill out man! :)

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Don't always believe what u read,,it is NOT a mix..it is from revenge of the sith,,and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come to that conclusion.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:06 PM
If you would stop drooling over your Attackus Vader,and commenting on all the more details in your version,,which by the way,if I was paying 300 for a statue he better have all the screws and zippers ,etc...!.. Just look at any pic of the Revenge of the Sith Vader,,his pants are baggy,,,and that is the end of that!

...you said it was movie acurate..and you were wrong.... it's a mix...and sorry... but i don't like the baggy pants..make it looking too small...and price is not important to me.... looks are....koto first vader looks better than gg to me also....and it less money...and no baggy pants...and have screws on helmet too....

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Don't always believe what u read,,it is NOT a mix..it is from revenge of the sith,,and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has come to that conclusion.

....so now gg it's lying..... hehehehehe...please.....

SpenK
09-05-2005, 09:08 PM
You Guys Think Maul would have Kick Vaders @$$.... if we follow the logic of the whole saga NO....Because Obi Killed Maul and Kick Anakins @$$ but at The end Vader Killed Obi.Because He let Him..... to become more Powerfull....At the end Obi Wan Was The Biggest Bad @$$ OF ALL...Sorry it got complicated :laugh:

boondocksaint
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
You Guys Think Maul would have Kick Vaders @$$.... if we follow the logic of the whole saga NO....Because Obi Killed Maul and Kick Anakins @$$ but at The end Vader Killed Obi.Because He let Him..... to become more Powerfull....At the end Obi Wan Was The Biggest Bad @$$ OF ALL...Sorry it got complicated :laugh:

LOL....i think GG vader kicked comicfans a$$ because he hates it so much...had to do something to him!

Rudy
09-05-2005, 09:09 PM
Who said gg s version was wrong earlier I was comenting about the attakus vader and the way he stood. In attakus version he just looks like he is uncomfortable. P.S. Adore the baggy pants would not have it any other way.

SpenK
09-05-2005, 09:10 PM
dude....you have such hatred for the GG vader,,,,did yours attack you in your sleep or something???

Thats why his Name is ComicFan and Not MovieFan :eplus2:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:11 PM

..hehehe..I'm chill..just stating my opinions..without offend anyone..the fact i don't like gg vader too much shouldn't bother you..unless you feel insecure..

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:11 PM
LOL....i think GG vader kicked comicfans a$$ because he hates it so much...had to do something to him!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:12 PM
thanks,,but I think we are all "secure"..Monsieur.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Thats why his Name is ComicFan and Not MovieFan :eplus2:

..proud to be a comicfan..and movie fan also...

:buttrock:

boondocksaint
09-05-2005, 09:13 PM
..hehehe..I'm chill..just stating my opinions..without offend anyone..the fact i don't like gg vader too much shouldn't bother you..unless you feel insecure ...

cool atleast you could take a joke....i actually like the attakus better but i love my GG version to...if i had the $$ id have all 3 ...but im very happy with just the gg vader........................For now! :)

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:15 PM
cool atleast you could take a joke....i actually like the attakus better but i love my GG version to...if i had the $$ id have all 3 ...but im very happy with just the gg vader........................For now! :)
My feelings exactlly,,my young apprentice! :buttrock:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:16 PM
thanks,,but I think we are all "secure"..Monsieur.

...secure is not right word...but if you really feel this way..then my opinions are not too important for you..but you make looks like it is....you are talking too serious... to even attack us french...

boondocksaint
09-05-2005, 09:17 PM
...secure is not right word...but if you really feel this way..then my opinions are not too important for you..but you make looks like it is....you are talking too serious... to even attack us french...

i love french fries...! :buttrock:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Now who is "insecure"?,,and I was only goofing with you,bud..I already apologized about the French comment,anyway.....so lets all just kiss and make up..hehehe

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
i love french fries...! :buttrock:

hahahahaha.... i love cheeseburgers... :)
hungry now..see you friends later...

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Now who is "insecure"?,,and I was only goofing with you,bud..I already apologized about the French comment,anyway.....so lets all just kiss and make up..hehehe

ok with me.. :wink2:

SpenK
09-05-2005, 09:20 PM
In any Pose or Material or Figure You Guys Know I am The most Evil Sith Lord Of ALL :eplus2:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
and not beating a dead horse here,,but the words "wrong proportions" were used alot regarding the GG vader statue,,and it was based on a Mix of all vaders,,well,here are a few pics of the Revenge of the Sith Vader,..so tell me if the GG statue is not accurate to the Movie vader....

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 09:36 PM
the GG statue's shoulder armor is exactly like the pictures,,and as far as the statues,baggy pants......

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
and not beating a dead horse here,,but the words "wrong proportions" were used alot regarding the GG vader statue,,and it was based on a Mix of all vaders,,well,here are a few pics of the Revenge of the Sith Vader,..so tell me if the GG statue is not accurate to the Movie vader....

..also not to beat dead horse..but episode 3 movie vader looked much taller..while gg vader he looks too short and too big head and armor chest...and cape too thick..don't look real...
but this thread was about maul... not?.... ;)

Rudy
09-05-2005, 09:39 PM
You are absolutely right.

spider-man
09-05-2005, 09:43 PM
well, while all of you attakus lovers seem to not realize is that GGs' pieces are scanned from actual props used in the movies , and you don't get more acurate than that. So some of you need to think about what you're saying before you make dumb remarks like attakus is a more accurate representation. :laugh:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 09:50 PM
well, while all of you attakus lovers seem to not realize is that GGs' pieces are scanned from actual props used in the movies , and you don't get more acurate than that. So some of you need to think about what you're saying before you make dumb remarks like attakus is a more accurate representation. :laugh:

..yes....if scan was so good why some terrible pieces like Anakin bust?... makes no sense to me...and why the scales are off on some pieces compare to others?...after the scan.....still sculpt to be done.....computer can do just as much...sidesshow han and sideshow luke looks million times better than gg han and luke and no computer .....just sculptors....good ones.... how about that?... :rolleyes2

spider-man
09-05-2005, 10:03 PM
..yes....if scan was so good why some terrible pieces like Anakin bust?... makes no sense to me...and why the scales are off on some pieces compare to others?...after the scan.....still sculpt to be done.....computer can do just as much...sidesshow han solo looks million times better than gg han solo and no computer .....just sculptors....good ones.... how about that?...

oh brother, first off the GG sculpt of anakin wasn't horrible. The paint was off which also disapointed me, the paint of the master on the box looks exellent. Scales?! I'm sorry but scales only bother people who are so far beyond annaly retentive that they can't apreciate a good piece if it came up and bit them in the ass. Are some of GGs pieces off scale?....maby....does that make it a bad piece?...um ,hell no! And oh yea, the harrison ford busts that GG has made were scanned in from a bust mold of harrison ford borrowed from lucasfilmLTD. you do know them right? Point being people can cry to high heaven about whatever they want but it isn't going to get more accurate than that to me. So you can have your artists impressions of charachters from Star Wars I'll take the real thing from GG every time. :buttrock:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 10:13 PM
oh brother, first off the GG sculpt of anakin wasn't horrible. The paint was off which also disapointed me, the paint of the master on the box looks exellent. Scales?! I'm sorry but scales only bother people who are so far beyond annaly retentive that they can't apreciate a good piece if it came up and bit them in the ass. Are some of GGs pieces off scale?....maby....does that make it a bad piece?...um ,hell no! And oh yea, the harrison ford busts that GG has made were scanned in from a bust mold of harrison ford borrowed from lucasfilmLTD. you do know them right? Point being people can cry to high heaven about whatever they want but it isn't going to get more accurate than that to me. So you can have your artists impressions of charachters from Star Wars I'll take the real thing from GG every time. :buttrock:

hehehe..shows how much you know about me....
...out of scale is no good to me...when you have all statue on display together....i have anakin bust..and it's bad..very bad..don't look as the actor..i know many people that share same opinion...
...my friend also have his face on scan by gg..everyone that see it agree don't look like him...and other friend have..and this one looks like him.....show only how inconsistent it can be... i think sideshow much better than gg statue..much more acurate and looking like the movie..so gg not the real thing....sorry....

spider-man
09-05-2005, 10:23 PM
sorry buddy , but a scanner can't lie there isn't anything in it for them. And if the scans dont look like the charachters then you better not watch star wars because GG did the scans for lucasfilm which they in turn used for the charachter CGI. :laugh: one more time , don't get more realistic than that there guy.

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 10:46 PM
:eplus2: hehehe,,,"good....good"! "Use your agressive feelings, boys....let the hate flow thru you"...hehehe

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 10:49 PM
by the way,Comic fan..did u even look at the pictures I posted?..Can u deny taht the GG statue is not taken from the Revenge of the Sith Vader?...so that being,,the GG statue IS scanned from that suit,and is an accurate portrayal,,like or or not...of the Vader in that movie.

SpenK
09-05-2005, 10:54 PM
hey guys this is about MAUL ... :eplus2:

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 10:58 PM
sorry,bud..but its gotten bigger tahn that!..hehehe...Its more about defending two very good statue makers....One is more expensive and is of course more detailed and bigger...but the other is very impressive as well. :D

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:01 PM
sorry buddy , but a scanner can't lie there isn't anything in it for them. And if the scans dont look like the charachters then you better not watch star wars because GG did the scans for lucasfilm which they in turn used for the charachter CGI. :laugh: one more time , don't get more realistic than that there guy.

sorry...but that shows how much you know...you still don't answer me questions why sideshow likeness are better than gg and no computer scan....so sorry.....you seems the wrong one here...sideshow looks more realistic.... and not only for me.....for many people too.... so :laugh: ..back at you...

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:04 PM
by the way,Comic fan..did u even look at the pictures I posted?..Can u deny taht the GG statue is not taken from the Revenge of the Sith Vader?...so that being,,the GG statue IS scanned from that suit,and is an accurate portrayal,,like or or not...of the Vader in that movie.

..gg said it was a mix...not me..still looks like a mix to me..of course looks more from episode 3..but is not acurate enough....look too short...big head and big armor....so that's why gg says it's a mix... if they were sure it's acurate..then they will not say it's a mix...

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:07 PM
..gg said it was a mix...not me..still looks like a mix to me..of course looks more from episode 3..but is not acurate enough....look too short...big head and big armor....so that's why gg says it's a mix... if they were sure it's acurate..then they will not say it's a mix...
Give it a rest, Frenchie... your really going overboard,,,

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:12 PM
Give it a rest, Frenchie... your really going overboard,,,

seems like you that need give a restm american....enjoy what you have....if you like what you have ...good for you....i'm very happy with what i have...making french jokes is no good and shows you have no respect for people... too bad

SpenK
09-05-2005, 11:13 PM
maybe mix media the head is plastic as well part of leg armor :inquisiti

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:15 PM
touche'...lol. I'm sure you and your "Tacky Vader" make a lovely couple,,make sure u kiss him g'nite... :laugh:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:20 PM
touche'...lol. I'm sure you and your "Tacky Vader" make a lovely couple,,make sure u kiss him g'nite... :laugh:

...you make sure to kiss your vader too..and wait for darth big foot bozo to complete your love triangle.. :laugh:
bye-bye for today and thanks for all the fun ...

spider-man
09-05-2005, 11:20 PM
sorry...but that shows how much you know

umm....what?! so your saying that digitized information can lie. :laugh:

you still don't answer me questions why sideshow likeness are better than gg and no computer scan

ugghhhh, . That dosen't change the fact that the scans your looking at on the GG han solo bust are in fact harrison fords. Do I think that sideshow did a great job on their han solo , yes they did. But hold on a sec how exacly did we get to talking about sideshow when you think that the end all is attakus, nice way to shift the attention away from their han solo :laugh: .

galactus
09-05-2005, 11:24 PM
I happen to think that both Attakus and Gentle Giant have made awsome Vader statues all around. Sideshows is going to kick some ass as well. I guess it all depends on which version of Vader that you like. EPIV (Sideshow), EPV/VI (Attakus) or EPIII (Gentle Giant). They are all faithful to the films and what he is "supposed" to look like, just a matter of which look you like better.

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:25 PM

ugghhhh, . That dosen't change the fact that the scans your looking at on the GG han solo bust are in fact harrison fords. Do I think that sideshow did a great job on their han solo , yes they did. But hold on a sec how exacly did we get to talking about sideshow when you think that the end all is attakus, nice way to shift the attention away from their han solo :laugh: .
give it up ,spidey...its a losing battle!..Too bad the French don't always fight as well as this one did...lol :laugh:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:26 PM

digitized info may not lie..but the end product do not depend only from computer...this shows how much you know...
...attakus han solo also looks better than gg to mer...do you see one?....but i only have attakus mask characters....point about ss is that you don't need a scan to make things good..you need talent....a scan it's only part of the job.....

lordsidi
09-05-2005, 11:27 PM
I happen to think that both Attakus and Gentle Giant have made awsome Vader statues all around. Sideshows is going to kick some ass as well. I guess it all depends on which version of Vader that you like. EPIV (Sideshow), EPV/VI (Attakus) or EPIII (Gentle Giant). They are all faithful to the films and what he is "supposed" to look like, just a matter of which look you like better.
a man of logic and reason ,in this desert of anger and denial...

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:31 PM
give it up ,spidey...its a losing battle!..Too bad the French don't always fight as well as this one did...lol :laugh:

...too bad your jokes only shows how ignorant and stupid some ppl can be....principali when they can't have arguments... thank God not every american I knew is like this..most american I know are very nice people... i invite you to the attakus french forum..so we can make joke of americans to you? ..deal ?

galactus
09-05-2005, 11:32 PM
...too bad your jokes only shows how ignorant and stupid some ppl can be....principali when they can't have arguments... thank God not every american I knew is like this..most american I know are very nice people... i invite you to the attakus french forum..so we can make joke of americans to you? ..deal ?

What on earth are you doing up so early?? And send me over some GALAC, that stuff kicks ass!!!! :buttrock:

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
What on earth are you doing up so early?? And send me over some GALAC, that stuff kicks ass!!!! :buttrock:

..nothing better to do...working in home job....and deal with Galac. :)

spider-man
09-05-2005, 11:49 PM
this shows how much you know

:peoples: why exactly do you keep saying this? do you have some sort of inferiority complex?

...attakus han solo also looks better than gg to mer...do you see one?

yes ,unfortunately I have. :puke2: :laugh:

point about ss is that you don't need a scan to make things good..you need talent.

I never said that you needed the scanners to make somthing look good. What I said was that I like GG because they scan all of the actual props and actors thus making a more accurate product.

comicfan
09-05-2005, 11:55 PM
I never said that you needed the scanners to make somthing look good. What I said was that I like GG because they scan all of the actual props and actors thus making a more accurate product.

doesn't matter if you can scan ...if results are not so good and better than the others makers..koto..atakkus..sideshow..uses no scan and makes better statues....that looks more acurate...
han solo attakus looks very good....you clearly never see one.. :laugh:

vaderlover
09-05-2005, 11:56 PM
i LOVE attakus version :p

galactus
09-06-2005, 12:02 AM
I've never seen the Attakus Vader 2 up close. From those pics, it looks like his neck is too thick (like he's wearing a brace after a car accident or something). It's probably just the angle of the shot. I also don't like (and this is common to most Vader pieces) how the Saber gets thinner/pointy as it ends. I should be one, long, consistent in thickness blade.

spider-man
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
doesn't matter if you can scan ...if results are not so good and better than the others makers..koto..atakkus..sideshow..uses no scan and makes better statues....that looks more acurate...

man, you best share some of those drugs your on. :laugh: kotos humans look pretty bad, sideshows han looks great but the luke looks nothing like mark hamill. and atakkus ,how do you say overpriced paper weight in french. :laugh: seriously though, they made a nice vader but their leia yoda 1&2 and han were horrible I mean HOOORIBLE. oh I do like atakkuses han in carbonite but when GG makes theirs real props = more accurate.

han solo attakus looks very good....you clearly never see one..
once again , :puke2: there was one at a comic store I fequent a while back.

spider-man
09-06-2005, 12:09 AM
(like he's wearing a brace after a car accident or something)

yep, that's what I thought.

comicfan
09-06-2005, 12:12 AM
man, you best share some of those drugs your on. :laugh: kotos humans look pretty bad, sideshows han looks great but the luke looks nothing like mark hamill. and atakkus ,how do you say overpriced paper weight in french. :laugh: seriously though, they made a nice vader but their leia yoda 1&2 and han were horrible I mean HOOORIBLE. oh I do like atakkuses han in carbonite but when GG makes theirs real props = more accurate.

once again , :puke2: there was one at a comic store I fequent a while back.

...you need medication.. :laugh: .. im pretty sure you never see any attakus statue..and ss luke kiiiiiiiiiills gg luke bust in all the ways...
gg statues looks deformed..all of them....from the horrible chewbacca that is nothing like the movie.... to tinny c3p0.... the best now....or less worse.....it's the vader..and maul looks to be the best one in the future..... best thing gg do it's the clone wars statues...those look good....

spider-man
09-06-2005, 12:25 AM
im pretty sure you never see any attakus statue.

yep, your right :rolleyes2

from the horrible chewbacca that is nothing like the movie.

ahhhh, now I see the problem. You've never actually seen the movies :laugh: I don't know what chewbacca you've seen on the planet your from but it looks exactly like chewy from ESB. your just too accustomed to seeing the flat haired attakus version of chewbacca (cause that's realistic :rolleyes2 ).

to tinny c3p0

HA! it may be tinny as you say but there is more accuracy and exellence in his right hand than there is in attakuses whole 3PO statue. I mean seriously can you sit there and tell me that attakuses statue dosent look like a 12 year olds spray painted model. :laugh:

comicfan
09-06-2005, 12:34 AM
yep, your right

ahhhh, now I see the problem. You've never actually seen the movies :laugh: I don't know what chewbacca you've seen on the planet your from but it looks exactly like chewy from ESB. your just too accustomed to seeing the flat haired attakus version of chewbacca (cause that's realistic ).

HA! it may be tinny as you say but there is more accuracy and exellence in his right hand than there is in attakuses whole 3PO statue. I mean seriously can you sit there and tell me that attakuses statue dosent look like a 12 year olds spray painted model. :laugh:

.....you never actually looked any attkaus piece..the chewbacca from attakus looks million times better.....it have even a mark on his gun from the movie...it's perfect....gg looks like a women chewbacca to me.....small head and really bad compared to attakus...all deformed.... :laugh: you need to see the movie again... no wonder you see on sale everywhere.. :laugh:.. people around here are almost give it free..no one wants.... c3 looks cheap...sorry....

spider-man
09-06-2005, 12:47 AM
the chewbacca from attakus looks million times better.

uhhhh......yea :rolleyes2

it have even a mark on his gun from the movie

well hell, that right there sold me on a piece that looks like a B movie rip off of chewy.

you need to see the movie again

pulease, I guarentee that you haven't seen ESB more times than me buddy and this is a perfect replica of chewy from ESBs escape from cloud city.

c3 looks cheap...

umm....yea, so what exactly conotates cheap? the real gold plating or all of the autenticly scanned prop? :rolleyes2

so , as you all can see this one is severely grasping at straws now. :laugh:

comicfan
09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
uhhhh......yea

well hell, that right there sold me on a piece that looks like a B movie rip off of chewy.

pulease, I guarentee that you haven't seen ESB more times than me buddy and this is a perfect replica of chewy from ESBs escape from cloud city.

umm....yea, so what exactly conotates cheap? the real gold plating or all of the autenticly scanned prop?

so , as you all can see this one is severely grasping at straws now. :laugh:

hahahaha....you funny.....you never seen attakus chewbacca...:laugh: otherwise you put gg in trash.... the paint job on gg it's terrible.. and it doesn't look like esb...looks like a dog...well..maybe from your imaginary esb.....that only you see... in your trips.... and gg c3 it's cheap...loooking and looks like hasbro toys...
....you are probably just jealous..... :rolleyes2

C1eaN
09-06-2005, 12:54 AM
I think you should all let the women in your lives read this thread and how vigorus you defended a statue (Attakus or GG) and none of you will ever get laid again! :laugh:

All of this is subjective...buy it if you like it, if not, don't. You all seem like you are trying harder to convince yourselves more than anyone else. I have a preference for Attakus but will spend a grand total of ZERO time trying to convince you to like them.

I don't care what you buy.....sell........ display......like...don't like. Why would it matter to me? GG stuff seems to have slight proportion issues on some pieces but if you don't mind....I don't mind ;) ...it is your $$$$...not mine.

To slam a guy because he is French is just silly. Get frustrated, argue, defend your brand loyalty.....but that is just juvenile crap IMHO. The same sick bastards that 9-1-1'd us would love to see them just as dead.

With all that is going on in the world you are arguing over who has baggy pants and big shoulder pads ....sheesh!

/rant off

comicfan
09-06-2005, 12:59 AM
I think you should all let the women in your lives read this thread and how vigorus you defended a statue (Attakus or GG) and none of you will ever get laid again! :laugh:

All of this is subjective...buy it if you like it, if not, don't. You all seem like you are trying harder to convince yourselves more than anyone else. I have a preference for Attakus but will spend a grand total of ZERO time trying to convince you to like them.

I don't care what you buy.....sell........ display......like...don't like. Why would it matter to me? GG stuff seems to have slight proportion issues on some pieces but if you don't mind....I don't mind ;) ...it is your $$$$...not mine.

To slam a guy because he is French is just silly. Get frustrated, argue, defend your brand loyalty.....but that is just juvenile crap IMHO. The same sick bastards that 9-1-1'd us would love to see them just as dead.

With all that is going on in the world you are arguing over who has baggy pants and big shoulder pads ....sheesh!

/rant off

thank you....after all you said and well said....i can rest now...
thanks...and yes...we defend too much those statue makers....and they give us nothing...only bills :laugh: ....
but you said well..matters only if we are happy with what we have....

RichardW
09-06-2005, 01:00 AM

:laugh:

spider-man
09-06-2005, 01:01 AM
....you are probably just jealous.....

:peoples: of what, are you serious?! are you talking about attakuses 3PO? WOW! denial aint just a river in egypt there kid. for you it's a way of life. :laugh:

spider-man
09-06-2005, 01:04 AM

ummm....is this not a statue forum? I think you missed your turn at the bleeding hearts section. :peoples:

C1eaN
09-06-2005, 01:28 AM
........I think you missed your turn at the bleeding hearts section. :peoples:

:laugh: gotta tell all my operator buddies in the sand box that I got called a 'bleeding heart'. They will get a kick out of that one!

Boerboel
09-06-2005, 01:31 AM
Sand box?

lordsidi
09-06-2005, 01:34 AM

/rant offListen,if you look back ,about 25 replies ago...i tried to apologize ,about the french stuff...i mean really,as if I meant anything...I also stated my admiration for the Attackus line,,I mean,really the Vader 1 is a work of art....but all i wanted to say,that for the money,,you had better get that kind of detail...I for one,,and I'm sure I'm not alone..am happy with Gentle Giant..a very good company,that puts out some really good stuff.....thats it...enough said...lol..oh,and by the way...I have NO problem getting "laid",,if I rant on here or not..thank you :thumbs2: ....and comic fan, no harm meant...truce

cap70
09-06-2005, 01:42 AM
WOW :eek: How I missed this thread, hilarious! People jumping on each other, fighting for survival! Like their statues are their own sons! The same old arguments! :laugh:

You learned well, my good friend C1eaN! :thumbs2: You are a Jedi now. :)

Boerboel
09-06-2005, 02:08 AM
WOW :eek: How I missed this thread, hilarious! People jumping on each other, fighting for survival! Like their statues are their own sons! The same old arguments!

You learned well, my good friend C1eaN! :thumbs2: You are a Jedi now. :)
Come on man...you have to appraciate the entertainment factor of it all! That was priceless with all those OPINIONS being stated as if they were FACTS. :laugh: Bottom line is they both make some really cool stuff as far as I'm concerned.

Gruson
09-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Wow, this thread sure got crazy. Most people know what I think of GG.

I would not accept the GG Vader if someone gave it to me.

Well, I guess I would just to flip it.

Jamesways
09-06-2005, 09:47 AM
Wow, this thread sure got crazy. Most people know what I think of GG.

I would not accept the GG Vader if someone gave it to me.

Well, I guess I would just to flip it.

Yeah, no kidding.
Not to fan the flames, but after I got my Attakus vader II, I practically gave my GG one away. It's nice and very well done, but I prefer the old vader I grew up with. :buttrock:
But it's cool, we're all friends here. You like SW statues, I like SW statues, the rest is just semantics. :laugh:

SpenK
09-06-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah this thread got out of control.... My intencions were not evil ( :eplus2: )
I only wanted a point of view of one Piece Darth Maul (Attakus and Gentle Giant) But it became a War of Companies..............But at the end every one of us has a love for our statues..That is what MATTERS :)
The Sith Will Prevail :eplus2:

Exar Kun
09-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Attakus' looks cartoony.

True, but that is because they are doing cartoons characters.

C1eaN
09-06-2005, 08:56 PM
Listen,if you look back ,about 25 replies ago...i tried to apologize ,about the french stuff...i mean really,as if I meant anything...I also stated my admiration for the Attackus line,,I mean,really the Vader 1 is a work of art....but all i wanted to say,that for the money,,you had better get that kind of detail...I for one,,and I'm sure I'm not alone..am happy with Gentle Giant..a very good company,that puts out some really good stuff.....thats it...enough said...lol..oh,and by the way...I have NO problem getting "laid",,if I rant on here or not..thank you :thumbs2: ....and comic fan, no harm meant...truce

I did see you offered the olive branch...then began beating him with it...LOL

I was not...and am not mad. I just thought it was kinda funny in a /nerd ALERT kinda way....

Hell, I enjoyed reading it.... it was like watching Fight Club in 15 minutes :laugh: :laugh:

Vader
09-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Attakus and GG versions of the star wars characters are not really comparable.
I've owned both. And without question, the attakus pieces are more "serious" pieces. They are extremely imposing, and impressive. Largely due to their size, but also strictly because of their quality. They are art. Attakus has pushed star wars into a new zone. GG is more like the previous star wars product (toy/statue - mass merchandising).

GG pieces are movie accurate, but they lack the "artistic" element. It is like comparing a movie still to a painting. A painting has "beauty". A movie still is neat, but it is not "art" in the same way. That's my take on it. Not meaning to be snobby. Just giving the devil his due.

SpenK
09-06-2005, 10:09 PM
Attakus and GG versions of the star wars characters are not really comparable.
I've owned both. And without question, the attakus pieces are more "serious" pieces. They are extremely imposing, and impressive. Largely due to their size, but also because of their pure quality. They are art. Attakus has pushed star wars into a new zone. GG is more like the previous star wars product (toy/statue - mass merchandising).

GG pieces are movie accurate, but they lack the "artistic" element. It is like comparing a movie still to a painting. A painting has "beauty". A movie still is neat, but it is not "art" in the same way. That's my take on it. Not meaning to be snobby. Just giving the devil his due.

ummmmmmmmmmm OK............. The Attakus Line Is Impressive But GG has It Merits they are very Polished on the painting and Final Overal Quality of their statues (ummmmmmm Sorry Sculptures :p )

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 02:21 AM
"I don't know what the overwhelming negativity towards GG comes from"

I know ... It comes from people that already have a collection from other manufaturer, they have spent a lot of cash in another line and are trying to protect their investment.
But the truth is, every statue released from GG so far has being much superior than the Attakus versions in terms of spulture and pose, that goes for Chewie, C3PO, Vader and now Darth Maul and that's for half the price.

People that already have paid high dollars for the Attakus pieces can't stand it. They can say whatever they want, but when someone compare both pieces just by looking at the pictures, they clearly sees that the GG quality is far superior.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 02:38 AM

I know ... It comes from people that already have a collection from other manufaturer, they have spent a lot of cash in another line and are trying to protect their investment.
But the truth is, every statue released from GG so far has being much superior than the Attakus versions in terms of spulture and pose, that goes for Chewie, C3PO, Vader and now Darth Maul and that's for half the price.

People that already have paid high dollars for the Attakus pieces can't stand it. They can say whatever they want, but when someone compare both pieces just by looking at the pictures, they clearly sees that the GG quality is far superior.

:laugh: Thanks for the smile
i live in Europe and have 5 Attakus and all 3 GG full size statues. U don't know what u r talking about. Attakus quality is far far far superior than GG. U say GG is good, ok. To say is better than Attakus, that's absurd. what r u smoking? :rolleyes:
Maybe situation is different. Maybe is people that can't aford Attakus that talk bad about them. ;)

Billy

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 03:11 AM
Ok, you live in Europe, Attakus is from France and you don't wanna see another US manufaturer leading the market. I can understand your feelings.

You guys like to say that what's more expensive is better, that looks kind of arrogant and looks like you don't have enough arguments but that's fine. I can easily explain why it's more expensive:

1) Everybody knows that China has the lower production costs of the world, France is one of the highests. GG is made in China, Attakus in France.

2)The material used is different, Attakus pieces are made of porcelain which is a very expensive material and GG are made of polystone.

3) The scale is different, Attakus being much bigger so it uses more material and the shipping costs are higher.

All that said , it doesn't mean that the product is better. Attakus pieces looks boring to me, their likenesses are always off and some pieces looks kind of cartoony... and I also have some Attakus pieces , have sold some and I think GG is far superior for a lower cost.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Ok, you live in Europe, Attakus is from France and you don't wanna see another US manufaturer leading the market. I can understand your feelings.

First crap comment. Me buys what I like. Don't matter if it's American, Chinese, Japanese.

You guys like to say that what's more expensive is better, that looks kind of arrogant and looks like you don't have enough arguments but that's fine.

Second crap comment. Me never say that. Me likes it, me buys it. Price not important. Happiness with product is. :)

All that said , Attakus pieces looks boring to me, their likenesses are always off and some pieces looks kind of cartoony... and I also have some Attakus pieces , have sold some and I think GG is far superior for a lower cost.

U said good now. It looks boring to U. To me, it looks better. If U can't accept that, people opinions, then U have a problem, not me.

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 03:32 AM
Look, I accept everybody's opinions. If you think Attakus is better that's fine, keep it.

What I don't like was your attitude, laughing at my post and saying I was smoking, until now this thread has being very polite and I 'd like that it continues this way. So why don't you control yourself and hire an english teacher...

billywilson
09-07-2005, 03:40 AM
Look, I accept everybody's opinions. If you think Attakus is better that's fine, keep it.

What I don't like was your attitude, laughing at my post and saying I was smoking, until now this thread has being very polite and I 'd like that it continues this way. So why don't you control yourself and hire an english teacher...

Third crap comment. World is not only USA. It's not my fault I don't speak good English. I bet u can't speak many languages too. In case u don't know, this is International forum. And I'm doing my best.
Laugh at your post cause your comment saying people that have Attakus, only have it and like better than gg cause they pay more, and this not true. It's call opinions. In case u don't notice, this is verry arrogant and provocative comment. Like making fun of my english. Very descriminating too. So if u care to keep things polite, watch what U say first.

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Third crap comment. World is not only USA. It's not my fault I don't speak good English. I bet u can't speak many languages too. In case u don't know, this is International forum. .

Yes, I can speak other languages, I'm not from USA, but that's not important.

It's call opinions. In case u don't notice, this is verry arrogant and provocative comment. Like making fun of my english. Very descriminating too.

Maybe, but you get what you give.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Yes, I can speak other languages, I'm not from USA, but that's not important.

Really? U first said I need english teacher, now it's not important? :rolleyes: Amazing. Talk about convenient contradiction.
U made fun of my English and other things, like to prefer Attakus cause it was French. Total absurd. Like U can read people mind now :rolleyes:

Maybe, but you get what you give.

What a mature comment. That fits u. U have to think this everytime u offend people.
I see people get ban in other forums for descriminating comments like U did. But everyone here sees it. Hope a moderator can see this too. Too bad U can't see and feel what U say to people. That's not good way to make friend and to live among people. If U want trouble and offend people, then speak alone. Learn to be nice with people, even if opinions differ. The World would be boring if everyone had same opinion. Think about this. Bye.

Vader
09-07-2005, 06:58 AM

I disagree with this statement entirely. Anyone who has the original attakus line can sell them for big bucks and easily purchase the GG line with money to spare. I'm sure most discriminating collectors won't do that. The attakus line is too nice. I agree that some of the likenesses aren't the best (luke, ben), but the costumed characters can't be matched. I can easily pick up the GG pieces if I wanted to. And I do. It's just that they can't compare to the pieces in the attakus line. And that's that!

Jamesways
09-07-2005, 07:45 AM
I've collected both, and I CAN EASILY stand that I paid big bucks for a few Attakuses. To me, they are well worth it. Quite frankly, the three that I currently have are by far the best collectible purchases I have ever made. Not to take anything away from GG at all, they do great work, and I love their statues, quite affordable comparitively. It doesn't matter what company produces it, if the sculpt, paint, and pose are there, I will own it.

It's a damn fine time to be a SW statue lover, that's for sure. SS, GG, Koto, and Attakus are going to make us all broke in the next year...

cap70
09-07-2005, 08:13 AM
It comes from people that already have a collection from other manufaturer, they have spent a lot of cash in another line and are trying to protect their investment.

Sorry, but that's the dumbest comment in this whole thread. Just to show how far some people go to to protect their brands. If you said that you prefered one over the other, then there's no problem at all, it's your opinion, but to say that people like one statue better than other simply to justify the money spent it's plain dumb. First, how the heck do you know what is better for ME and what I think about my statues?
I have many Attakus pieces, and could easily afford to have as many GG stuff as I wanted.

IF "I" (note "I") felt GG was superior than Attakus, I could E-A-S-I-L-Y sell my Attakus statues on ebay AND make a VERY GOOD profit compared to what I paid for them. But "I" prefer Attakus over GG, and many people here prefers too. I don't care about the price I pay/paid as long as I like what I'm buying and thankfully I'm not attached to any specific brand, even tough I have my preferences. I buy what I like and looks good to ME. Be it Attakus, SS, Bowen, MR, Cinemaquette, GG etc. My whole collection is very ecletic, FYI. And yes, I DO own some GG stuff(and have stuff on pre-order), even tough I sold a lot of them lately(do you recognize the busts in the picture? Guess who made them!)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y104/Cacico/movieroom1.jpg

PS: This _IS_ an International forum, and making fun of other people just cause they can't speak proper English it's not only kind of selfish from your part, but makes you look bad. Very uncool if you ask me. Most people here that don't speak english have a LOT of difficulty to understand and to post. Trust me(take Martin Cannale as exemple). And they DO want to participate. I once knew no English when I came to the USA 10 years ago(stilll learning, like you all can notice! :laugh: ) and was a PITA to understand some things I REALLY wanted to understand. Try to help those people when/if you can, not step on them. If you can't accept other people's opinions, then I'm afraid you came to the wrong place. This is a friendly forum, open to people around the World. Now you can kiss each other! :laugh:

EDIT: Sorry Vader, I just saw your post. :thumbs2:

Jamesways
09-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Hey Cap, love the James Bond!

Zurbaran1
09-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Let me reiterate what cap70 said. Folks, like so often happens, what started as an interesting thread has degenerated into unnecessary namecalling and insults and it's all rather childish. Let's grow up. What we are dealing here is a very subjective hobby which revolves around personal tastes. As such, it is full of opinions and everyone is entitled to their own. You don't like Attakus fine, you don't like GG fine, say so. But knock off the insulting of other members. Everyone is welcome here and language is not an issue. I am always quite impressed by the folks who do not speak English as their first language. That doesn't stop them from posting and they do an exceptionally good job of it, better than most of us native English speakers would do in their's. That's if we'd even dare to try.

Evil mod on: Disagree and argue away but knock off the insults or I'll put an end to it.

Evil mod on: Cap70, I am always amazed at the pictures you put up. That's some collection and I love the way you display it.

Evil mod back on: Cap70, over the past ten years you should have spent more time working the English and less time on the Photoshop :laugh:

Super Serg
09-07-2005, 10:16 AM
So...

Then we're all in agreement that GG kicks Attakus' A$$?

*ss*

Gruson
09-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Nice display cap!

However, those Matrix busts make it look a bit crowded/junky.

Get rid of them and it will look a lot better IMO. Besides...you know who makes them!! hahaha

;)

That Jabba scene is incredible. Nice.

cap70
09-07-2005, 10:34 AM
Evil mod on: Cap70, I am always amazed at the pictures you put up. That's some collection and I love the way you display it.

Evil mod back on: Cap70, over the past ten years you should have spend more time working the English and less time on the Photoshop :laugh:

Thanks, Zurb!
More pics to come as soon as I finish wall number 1 :laugh:
About the English , there was nothing I could do, I needed money. English became secondary at the time :laugh: And who speaks English around here? Miami is a bad place for people that wants to learn English fast! :laugh:

cheers!

cap70
09-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Nice display cap!

However, those Matrix busts make it look a bit crowded/junky.

Get rid of them and it will look a lot better IMO. Besides...you know who makes them!! hahaha

;)

That Jabba scene is incredible. Nice.

Space is at premium G, even poor R2 and C3 had to go inside Jabba's place, but I will move them out as soon as I finish. Still working on things, hopefully I will be able to "proper" display big part of my collection until space ends. This is the lefft side of wall number 1. Right side stills in progress and I still have two walls to play with. Having a lot of fun with this :)

Gruson
09-07-2005, 11:34 AM
I hear you Cap. It's fun setting up a room of displays.

I will take some updated pictures of my set up soon.

elwood49
09-07-2005, 12:24 PM

OK, I haven't posted in this thread so far, but I just wanted to point out that this is probably one of the dumbest points I've ever seen made. :laugh:

EDIT: Just noticed that cap made a similar post a few pages back. We're on the same wavelength again my friend. :thumbs2:

Gruson
09-07-2005, 12:29 PM
I think I am going to sell my Cinemaquette T-850.

The GG Terminator bust looks SOOOO much better than that cartoony $1200 Cinemaquette Arnold.

LOL

Get real guys.

Some pieces are better than others for sure and there is a reason they cost what they do. It's great for people who can afford them. If you cannot afford them, there are alternatives, which makes collecting great for everyone.

lordsidi
09-07-2005, 12:47 PM
I think I am going to sell my Cinemaquette T-850.

The GG Terminator bust looks SOOOO much better than that cartoony $1200 Cinemaquette Arnold.

LOL

Get real guys.

Some pieces are better than others for sure and there is a reason they cost what they do. It's great for people who can afford them. If you cannot afford them, there are alternatives, which makes collecting great for everyone.
Your correct,about alternatives,,and obviousley we are all Fans,or we would not be wasting out time here, however you do have an arrogance about your collection and mentioning the amount you paid for some pieces. I mean if I had the cash flow,i'm sure I would have more, but I don't so I am happy with my modest collection. I am very pleased with my GG Vader statue( i did some modifying by painting his mask to represent the Original Vader,and also a few other areas I thought needed some tweaking), but I also collect alot of SS lord of the rings,and other companies items...and I am happy. My only problem is the constant mentioning of the "toylike" quality of GG vader and now Maul,,compared to the "godlike" status of the Attackus line....Granted I know that many Attackus pieces are unbelievable,,the Vader 1 is probably the best likeness I've seen, but looking at my statues,I'm just happy that after all these years, I'm finally seeing my favorite character's sitting on my shelves...and hopefully they will be still coming out , for many years to come....thanks for your time. :)

Gruson
09-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Your correct,about alternatives,,and obviousley we are all Fans,or we would not be wasting out time here, however you do have an arrogance about your collection and mentioning the amount you paid for some pieces. I mean if I had the cash flow,i'm sure I would have more, but I don't so I am happy with my modest collection. I am very pleased with my GG Vader statue( i did some modifying by painting his mask to represent the Original Vader,and also a few other areas I thought needed some tweaking), but I also collect alot of SS lord of the rings,and other companies items...and I am happy. My only problem is the constant mentioning of the "toylike" quality of GG vader and now Maul,,compared to the "godlike" status of the Attackus line....Granted I know that many Attackus pieces are unbelievable,,the Vader 1 is probably the best likeness I've seen, but looking at my statues,I'm just happy that after all these years, I'm finally seeing my favorite character's sitting on my shelves...and hopefully they will be still coming out , for many years to come....thanks for your time. :)

That is exactly my point. It's great to have our favorite characters displayed in some way.

If I had the money and the space, I would be buying original movie props or even some 1:1 screen accurate reproductions. There is ALWAYS something that is better!

You should see some of the collections that people have on the RPF board. I am talking 1:1, screen accurate, full size Vaders, Fetts, etc.

lordsidi
09-07-2005, 01:07 PM
your right Gruson....i guess no matter how good our collections are,,we still get jealous of others...heheheh....God forgive me,if I ever won the lottery or something...LOL.."by the way,,if you own the Attackus Vader 1,,i would LOVE to see some nice pics of him" :p

Gruson
09-07-2005, 01:11 PM
You don't even want to know what all I would buy if I won the lottery! :)

Cap can post some pics of Vader 1. I know he owns it.

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 01:14 PM
Yes, I've exceeded myself and I'm sorry about that, but this guy was the one that insulted me first, laughing and saying I was smoking.

That's very funny that you Attakus owenrs, come to the GG forum just to say how superior you think Attakus is over GG everytime a new piece is released. GG must be irritating for you guys in some way. Yes, go on , continue to protect your investments...

billywilson
09-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Yes, I've exceeded myself and I'm sorry about that, but this guy was the one that insulted me first, laughing and saying I was smoking.

After U made the dumb comment here, u forget? :rolleyes:

That's very funny that you Attakus owenrs, come to the GG forum just to say how superior you think Attakus is over GG everytime a new piece is released.

And this thread about what? comparing gg maul to what company? :rolleyes:

Yes, go on , continue to protect your investments...

continue to make this dumb and no sense comment. U looking good. :rolleyes:

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 01:50 PM
After U made the dumb comment here, u forget? :rolleyes:

Yes , but I made the comment in a polite way, can't say the same for you saying the comment was dumb.

And this thread about what? comparing gg maul to what company? :rolleyes:

I said everytime a new piece is released and not just now.

continue to make this dumb and no sense comment. U looking good.

Cant' you just once , behave yourself and don't make personal accusations. Go back to thread subject will you.

Jamesways
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Alright you two-
Break it up, didn't you guys read Zurb's post two pages back?
Don't make him stop the car...

Gir
09-07-2005, 03:48 PM
OK, I haven't posted in this thread so far, but I just wanted to point out that this is probably one of the dumbest points I've ever seen made. :laugh:

EDIT: Just noticed that cap made a similar post a few pages back. We're on the same wavelength again my friend. :thumbs2:

No dumber than the posts coming from people who ASSume that anyone who claims to like a GG piece better than an Attakus piece simply can't afford the Attakus piece.

elwood49
09-07-2005, 03:58 PM
No dumber than the posts coming from people who ASSume that anyone who claims to like a GG piece better than an Attakus piece simply can't afford the Attakus piece.

No, I mean it's dumb because those who own the Attakus Vader and think the GG Vader is so much better could sell the Vader I and buy 10 GG Vaders.

I have owned about 15 or so GG pieces and 0 Attakus pieces. I think Attakus absolutely annihilates GG in terms of quality. I don't care what manufacturer makes a piece, I just want the best.

For me, GG makes excellent CW maquettes and dioramas, and those are what I collect from them. The only stuff I still have from them are the Dewback, and 3 CW maquettes. I have the Biker Scout, TaunTaun, the 3 new CW maquettes, the Vader bust, and the Yoda bust on order. I regret ordering the 2 busts, since I've decided not to collect them. The retailer I ordered them from a while ago (Alter Ego Comics) doesn't allow cancellations, so I'll just find a place for them in my collection somewhere. I may just stick them in my office at work.

When I started, I was already behind on Attakus, and it costs too much $$$$ to catch up. My main collection is actually going to be Sideshow 1/4's. I think those are much more comparable to Attakus in terms of quality.

GG's main competitor is Koto, IMO.

Gir
09-07-2005, 04:27 PM
It's not dumb actually. Whether or not some people want to recognize it, GG is a competitor of Attakus. It is possible that the value of some Attakus pieces will be affected TO SOME EXTENT as a result of GG. What kind of effect obviously depends on the quality of GG's work in the future. At this point, I wouldn't be concerned if I were an Attakus collector. GG would have to step up to the plate and hit a few homeruns to get my attention. That clearly did not happen with Vader. It could happen with other pieces though. It's not beyond the realm of possibility. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the Attakus Maul will be selling for its MSRP in a few months. We both know that's not going to happen. However, the value of the Attakus Maul could be affected in some manner by the release of the GG statue. Consider these 3 scenarios for the Attakus Maul over the course of the next year or so...

1. Appreciation continues, but at a slower rate than expected
2. Neither appreciation nor depreciation occurs
3. Depreciation occurs

All 3 scenarios could be considered damaging to one's "investment." It might be difficult to demonstrate that either 1 or 2 had taken place as a direct result of the GG Maul's release, but scenario 3 would be pretty strong evidence that the GG Maul had made an impact.

Mad4Busts
09-07-2005, 04:48 PM
The GG one kicks the attakus to the curb...

SpenK
09-07-2005, 04:51 PM
The GG one kicks the attakus to the curb...
Gentle Giant Maul Has Some Happy Fans...............The Piece Looks Amazing................... :eplus2:

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 05:09 PM
No, I mean it's dumb because those who own the Attakus Vader and think the GG Vader is so much better could sell the Vader I and buy 10 GG Vaders.

That's not what I said. I will explain to you again... I said that people that already have a big collection of any manufacturer, likes to protect their investment and effort they have put towards that line. So no matter how great a new GG piece may look they will say that it's a piece of crap trying to convince others of their opinion , sometimes even using arrogant comments like "if you don't like Attakus it's because you can't afford it". So ridiculous...

The GG Maul is really better than the Attakus one, it's so clear to see, and not just that, EVERY statue released by GG until now has IMO being better than the Attakus versions, even Vader, with it's amazing floating cap effect, the Attakus Vader looks so boring, it doesn't have the Vader attitude, it looks like some regular guy with a Vader costume.

elwood49
09-07-2005, 05:10 PM
It's not dumb actually. Whether or not some people want to recognize it, GG is a competitor of Attakus. It is possible that the value of some Attakus pieces will be affected TO SOME EXTENT as a result of GG. What kind of effect obviously depends on the quality of GG's work in the future. At this point, I wouldn't be concerned if I were an Attakus collector. GG would have to step up to the plate and hit a few homeruns to get my attention. That clearly did not happen with Vader. It could happen with other pieces though. It's not beyond the realm of possibility. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that the Attakus Maul will be selling for its MSRP in a few months. We both know that's not going to happen. However, the value of the Attakus Maul could be affected in some manner by the release of the GG statue. Consider these 3 scenarios for the Attakus Maul over the course of the next year or so...

1. Appreciation continues, but at a slower rate than expected
2. Neither appreciation nor depreciation occurs
3. Depreciation occurs

All 3 scenarios could be considered damaging to one's "investment." It might be difficult to demonstrate that either 1 or 2 had taken place as a direct result of the GG Maul's release, but scenario 3 would be pretty strong evidence that the GG Maul had made an impact.

The Attakus Maul originally cost $269.99. It's now worth $650-$850. Pieces always top out at a certain point. I think it's absurd to think that the leveling off of any Attakus statue is due to the GG piece. Maul will never drop in value since many people (including myself) think it is the best one ever made and the ES is 1500. I'd LOVE to proven wrong on this, since I'd start to collect all the Attakus pieces if they were to drop in price. That is precisely why they never will drop. There are too many people out there that want them.

I'll be sticking with the eventual SS 1/4 Maul myself and I'll probably get the 1:1 Maul bust also.

SpenK
09-07-2005, 05:16 PM
The Attakus Maul originally cost $269.99. It's now worth $650-$850. Pieces always top out at a certain point. I think it's absurd to think that the leveling off of any Attakus statue is due to the GG piece. Maul will never drop in value since many people (including myself) think it is the best one ever made and the ES is 1500. I'd LOVE to proven wrong on this, since I'd start to collect all the Attakus pieces if they were to drop in price. That is precisely why they never will drop. There are too many people out there that want them.

I'll be sticking with the eventual SS 1/4 Maul myself and I'll probably get the 1:1 Maul bust also.

SS 1/4 Maul If ever Produced Count Me in and The Bust Already on Order!!

billywilson
09-07-2005, 05:23 PM
So ridiculous...

The GG Maul is really better than the Attakus one, it's so clear to see, and not just that, EVERY statue released by GG until now has IMO being better than the Attakus versions, even Vader, with it's amazing floating cap effect, the Attakus Vader looks so boring, it doesn't have the Vader attitude, it looks like some regular guy with a Vader costume.

No more ridiculous than u trying convince people of your OPINION! Attakus don't have vader attitude? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Vader= power. U don't need too dramatic pose to show power. His presence and pose equals power and evil. U never see one.
GG Vader looks like kid that stole dad pants and armor. Amazing float cape? hahahahahahahahahahaha..very thick cape, not right proportion, big head, terrible paint job, big armor, big boot, little details. That's ridiculous. :puke2: Even Koto Vader much much much better than GG vader

billywilson
09-07-2005, 05:27 PM

U very correct elwood49 and inteligent. Attakus Maul much better and not drop in price. GG maul will sell for $80 after 3 months of release :laugh:
Will be cheaper than koto

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
damnnnnnnnn! you guys sound like a BUNCH of b*Tches....gg vader is better no no attakus vader is better....grow up.....!

elwood49
09-07-2005, 05:28 PM
That's not what I said. I will explain to you again... I said that people that already have a big collection of any manufacturer, likes to protect their investment and effort they have put towards that line. So no matter how great a new GG piece may look they will say that it's a piece of crap trying to convince others of their opinion , sometimes even using arrogant comments like "if you don't like Attakus it's because you can't afford it". So ridiculous...

Actually, I know exactly what you said. My point was that if the GG pieces really WERE better, than you would see people who own both (such as cap70) selling the Attakus version and keeping the GG one with about $1,000 in their pocket.

I really don't think that people want to "protect their investment by downplaying other manufacturers" as you say. If that was true, what would you say about Gruson and myself, who both own exactly zero Attakus pieces? Are we protecting our investment?

In fact, I've considered selling my Sideshow 1/4's in favor of a few of the Cinemaquettes since the quality of those is so much higher than the SS versions. The only reason I haven't done so is because 1. They don't have the SW license and 2. SS is apparently starting a new "maquette" line with the release of the Predator.

The only person I've ever heard of to sell the Attakus Vader in favor of the GG version is Mini-Rock's friend that he mentioned once.

The phrases I put in bold in your response are precisely why I prefer the Attakus pieces. I like my pieces to resemble art and not action figures. I think of GG and Koto as more in line of the action figure type with their blowing capes and crazy action poses. Waaay too cheesy for me. I want a room full of elegance, not a bunch of "Hasbro Unleashed-esque" statues.

SpenK
09-07-2005, 05:29 PM
No more ridiculous than u trying convince people of your OPINION! Attakus don't have vader attitude? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Vader= power. U don't need too dramatic pose to show power. His presence and pose equals power and evil. U never see one.
GG Vader looks like kid that stole dad pants and armor. Amazing float cape? hahahahahahahahahahaha..very thick cape, not right proportion, big head, terrible paint job, big armor, big boot, little details. That's ridiculous. :puke2: Even Koto Vader much much much better than GG vader

Wrong...........................
Gentle Giant's Vader Has a Excellent Paint Job Have you ever even seen him in person????

elwood49
09-07-2005, 05:34 PM
damnnnnnnnn! you guys sound like a BUNCH of b*Tches....gg vader is better no no attakus vader is better....grow up.....!

Says the guy who pops into every Sideshow 1/4 discussion to remind us of how terrible they are and that we collect a bunch of dolls. :rolleyes:

billywilson
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Wrong...........................
Gentle Giant's Vader Has a Excellent Paint Job Have you ever even seen him in person????

If I see one? sold, now I stay away. I likes koto and attakus much better. :)

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 05:36 PM
Says the guy who pops into every Sideshow 1/4 discussion to remind us of how terrible they are and that we collect a bunch of dolls. :rolleyes:

LOL....hey thats different i dont argue about it i just say my peace and leave! :buttrock:

by the way,,,,the ss luke looks like a ken doll! :puke2:

elwood49
09-07-2005, 05:39 PM
LOL....hey thats different i dont argue about it i just say my peace and leave! :buttrock:

by the way,,,,the ss luke looks like a ken doll! :puke2:

:laugh: After this thread, that's pretty funny. :buttrock:

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM
:laugh: :buttrock:

atleast you have a sense of humor...some of the girls on here are so uptight!

EL you :buttrock:

billywilson
09-07-2005, 05:40 PM
I like my pieces to resemble art and not action figures. I think of GG and Koto as more in line of the action figure type with their blowing capes and crazy action poses. Waaay too cheesy for me. I want a room full of elegance, not a bunch of "Hasbro Unleashed-esque" statues.

:buttrock: :DJsmile: u said perfect again

SpenK
09-07-2005, 05:41 PM
If I see one? sold, now I stay away. I likes koto and attakus much better. :)
Good For YOU I also Like Koto(Own One) And also Like Attakus I am A statue Lover Not a Company Hater Like a lot of People Here.......... :eplus2:
Every Company has its Merits a Virtues I Like all of the in general....
Let's see the SS Darth Vader that Mix Media Has Me thinking...

Gruson
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree with Elwood, once again.

He is correct in saying that I do not own any Attakus pieces. I sold them, as I decided to focus on the Sideshow 1/4 line and Cinemaquettes now.

But what do I know....I mean, those are just expensive dolls, right?

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 05:46 PM
I agree with Elwood, once again.

He is correct in saying that I do not own any Attakus pieces. I sold them, as I decided to focus on the Sideshow 1/4 line and Cinemaquettes now.

yeah gruson! whats wrong with you buying those dolls! :laugh:

hey i say whatever you like man....let it be,....why argue...i think attakus vaders are better than GG and i only own the GG and im happy with it....why argue about it!

SpenK
09-07-2005, 05:47 PM
[QUOTE=Gruson]I agree with Elwood, once again.

So you think the SS vader Will Look As or Better.....Maybe Worse......or to put it Diferent (for sure) than the Attakus Vader??

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 05:59 PM
I really don't think that people want to "protect their investment by downplaying other manufacturers" as you say. If that was true, what would you say about Gruson and myself, who both own exactly zero Attakus pieces? Are we protecting our investment?

Yeah, but Gruson had a big collection of Attakus pieces he just sold them to collect the SS pieces, but he still have some other Attakus pieces.
I used to have 2 Attakus pieces , OBi Wan and C3PO, didn't like them both, it was a huge disappointment, altough the paint job was great , the sculpture wasn't, and I also prefer the 1/6 scale, 'cause I have more free space to have more characters and it's the same as my SSW LOTR line. I still have the Attakus Shrek which I think it's ok, again the sculpture could be better.

Look, I won't even answer billywilson anymore, looks like I'm talking to a 12 year old guy, that can't post without saying some kind of unpolite comment.

Gruson
09-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Spenk, I will answer that question when SS Vader is released.

I honestly think it will be the best Vader ever. However, I will wait to confirm that once I have it in hand. Sideshow has dissapointed me before!

As of now, Attakus 1 is the best released. No question about it.

Rod, I already stated that I sold every Attakus piece I had.

Now, as for Attakus Ob-Wan and C3PO....well, those are not some of their better ones! I would have sold those as well Rob. ;)

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 06:02 PM

Speak for yourself.

SpenK
09-07-2005, 06:03 PM
Yeah, but Gruson had a big collection of Attakus pieces he just sold them to collect the SS pieces, but he still have some other Attakus pieces.
I used to have 2 Attakus pieces , OBi Wan and C3PO, didn't like them both, it was a huge disappointment, altough the paint job was great , the sculpture wasn't, and I also prefer the 1/6 scale, 'cause I have more free space to have more characters and it's the same as my SSW LOTR line. I still have the Attakus Shrek which I think it's ok, again the sculpture could be better.

Look, I won't even answer billywilson anymore, looks like I'm talking to a 12 year old guy, that can't post without saying some kind of unpolite comment.
Ok Don't answer him.....Answer ME Opinion about SS Vader?? Mixed Media???
I have also on Pre order The Grievous Exclusive from them.....That One I dont have a Worry but the Vader.....

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:08 PM

Please don't answer. It's favor you do to me. 12 year old is u. I don't offend people like u did, or disriminate them like u did. U need to grow up. U don't accept people opinion. U keep trying to convince people that your opinion is right, and they wrong. U child. grow up!

Gruson
09-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Speak for yourself.

So in your opinion Rod, which is the best Vader piece released so far?

I am curious if you REALLY think the GG Vader is the best ever.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:09 PM
Speak for yourself.

here u again. Can't accept people opinion. Bad Rod, bad Rod :laugh:

elwood49
09-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Ok Don't answer him.....Answer ME Opinion about SS Vader?? Mixed Media???
I have also on Pre order The Grievous Exclusive from them.....That One I dont have a Worry but the Vader.....

The SS Vader should be very good. It looked horrible at first, but they have since made some major corrections to it. It is mixed media, but it will be so big (20" tall) that it doesn't look like a doll, IMO. Here's a few pics. Ignore Obi-Wan's pointy hood, as they have stated that this will be corrected.

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/8227/7141image030pk.th.jpg (http://img345.imageshack.us/my.php?image=7141image030pk.jpg)

http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/5443/71171image010pf.th.jpg (http://img345.imageshack.us/my.php?image=71171image010pf.jpg)

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 06:12 PM
I love SS as a company , their customer service is the best one on the market while GG customer service sucks. I think some pieces of their 1/4 looks great like the Grievous one, but I don't like the "feel" of the mixed media stuff, I think that sometimes it looks like a toy, I prefer a real statue to display my favourites characters.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Spenk, I will answer that question when SS Vader is released.

I honestly think it will be the best Vader ever. However, I will wait to confirm that once I have it in hand. Sideshow has dissapointed me before!

Rod, I already stated that I sold every Attakus piece I had.

Now, as for Attakus Ob-Wan and C3PO....well, those are not some of their better ones! I would have sold those as well Rob. ;)

Attakus Vader 1= better statue+ better pose
SS Vader= better statue with cloth + good pose
SS Vader and Attakus Vader: much better than GG Vader :buttrock:

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I think that sometimes it looks like a toy, I prefer a real statue to display my favourites characters.

Toy? :laugh: GG looks more like toy. SS look = museum statue. :buttrock:
can u show us picture of your collection? thank u rod

SpenK
09-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Toy? :laugh: GG looks more like toy. SS look = museum statue. :buttrock:
can u show us picture of your collection? thank u rod
Man Now You Are getting To My NERVES..........You always have a Negative Coment.........
Oye Mijo Callate La boca!!!

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:23 PM
Man Now You Are getting To My NERVES..........You always have a Negative Coment.........
Oye Mijo Callate La boca!!!

And how about Rod? So he say negative comment to SS and attakus and I can't say about gg?? U shut up and no offenses, OK? Thank u

SpenK
09-07-2005, 06:24 PM
And how about Rod? So he say negative comment to SS and attakus and I can't say about gg?? U shut up and no offenses, OK? Thank u
jajajaja No Offence Taken... Just Having Some FUN :p
People really get Exited over here........I love IT :)

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Museum Quality????? I Never Seen A Ken Doll In The Museum!!!!!!

RodLonghi
09-07-2005, 06:28 PM
So in your opinion Rod, which is the best Vader piece released so far?

I am curious if you REALLY think the GG Vader is the best ever.

Yes, I DO think the GG Vader is the best one out there, and I will explain why.

The Koto Version, is made of plastic and you can see that just by looking at the statue . I also don't like their "snap fit" parts because it looks like an action fig. , anyway some pieces are really nice.
The Attakus version, like i said is too boring, looks like Vader is sleeping while standing. I like more vibrant and dramatic poses.
The SS version hasn't come ou yet, but I don't like the mixed media stuff because some pieces looks like a toy, if it was a 1/1 piece than it might give the "feel" of a real thing.

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 06:32 PM
i have GG vader and i think attakus 1 blows it away...if i had the $$ i would have both but prefer vader 1 without a doubt...i seen them next to each other,,,no contest

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Museum Quality????? I Never Seen A Ken Doll In The Museum!!!!!!

:laugh: So there will be SS Vader Ken Doll too?
have to admit, prefer statue, don't like cloth. But SS Vader looks good. Better than gg 4 sure.

billywilson
09-07-2005, 06:35 PM
i have GG vader and i think attakus 1 blows it away...if i had the $$ i would have both but prefer vader 1 without a doubt...i seen them next to each other,,,no contest

boondocksaint = :buttrock:

SpenK
09-07-2005, 06:36 PM
:laugh: So there will be SS Vader Ken Doll too?
have to admit, prefer statue, don't like cloth. But SS Vader looks good. Better than gg 4 sure.
Do Somebody Rememder Maul HERE??? Vader Is Cool Even In a Lunch BOX :eplus2:

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 06:56 PM
i hate the cloth thing to,,,,but i might be crossing over...im getting the SS DOOM...it looked to wicked to pass up....maybe the cloth thing can work with some...and not others,,,,luke ehemmm...luke....

Gruson
09-07-2005, 07:01 PM
I cannot wait to add the Sideshow Vader to my movie museum.

For those that have not seen it or have your doubts about the "mixed media" figures, here you go:

http://crazywayco.com/light.jpg

Plenty of dolls in here, huh? ;) I guess you can see why I really think the 1/4 Sideshow figures and Cinemaquettes are museum quality and why GG pieces just do not make the cut. Now if Sideshow and CM would start releasing them faster!!!

Again, just my opinion of course.

I am thinking about adding the Attakus Jabba at some point because of cap's pictures. It looks very nice, especially in a case.

Anyone else want to post theirs? :buttrock:

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
gruson that looks sweet....

boondocksaint
09-07-2005, 07:12 PM
the terminator rules!!!!!!