PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Heads Lara Croft temple of Osiris

Grayfox117
04-23-2015, 11:41 AM
Up for preorder today!

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/pro_small_zpsauvch8wn.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/pro_small_zpsauvch8wn.jpg.html)

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/Grayfox117/tv.196_zpseo90arbs.jpg (http://s741.photobucket.com/user/Grayfox117/media/tv.196_zpseo90arbs.jpg.html)

http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=196

adee
04-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Looks good, I like it.

TheStig88
04-23-2015, 11:49 AM
Incredibly tempted. Pose looks great, nice and dynamic. Plus it's the Lara I grew up with.

dao2
04-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Not sure about that face :/

Grayfox117
04-23-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm contemplating it. I love the pose but not 100% sold on it. Also hoping for a new 1/4 premium format from SS.

Silas Loki
04-23-2015, 12:33 PM
I'm contemplating it but hoping for a new 1/4 premium format from SS.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long time.

So, let me get this right, rather than buy this, from a company with a relatively good track record for customer service, and quality of production piece vs promotional piece! You'd rather hold out for Sideshow, which is at best the polar opposite of the above, at worst, fast becoming the "joke" of the collectibles world?!?

Yep, smart move :thumbs2: :confused: :banghead: :( :stick:

Gono
04-23-2015, 12:35 PM
:buttrock::drooling:

CommanderZx2
04-23-2015, 12:40 PM
The statue looks great, far better than the previous one.

Sharkey
04-23-2015, 12:45 PM
Looks really good.

Really like the texture of the face. Gives it great depth and better realism, as opposed to the completely smooth stuff you see form most places.

addic
04-23-2015, 12:54 PM
Just pre-ordered it. Looks absolutely great in my opinion.

Hunterkingxxl
04-23-2015, 01:04 PM
Ok, ordered the EX. Looks amazingly fun and dynamic. Gaming Heads is on a roll with it's statues. Only thing is that their value seems to be off for international customers. They seem to sell to re-sellers really cheap, so ordering of their site is immediately costing you double compared to buying from a local shop.

Ex boils down to €500 incl shipping and fees. Regular can be bought for a ridiculous €280... seems off to me.

Nonetheless, bought the ex and hope it will remain its value if I some day need to sell it. 500 pieces is pretty nice.

addic
04-23-2015, 01:09 PM
Thats the reason why I am going to cancel my order at Gaming Heads as soon as it is available at european retailers like gator.nl. It is MUCH cheaper to buy Gaming Heads statues at retail as long as you don't want the EX.

In this case I don't need the EX at all.

Hunterkingxxl
04-23-2015, 01:16 PM
So you as a German buy statues in the Netherlands? Not Kingplayer?

But yeah, no Ex = retail at local shop for Gaming Heads. But again, it feels like I'm being taken for my money when you look at the difference. On their site, the prices are equal, but for re-sellers, the price seems way lower.

Anyways, kinda hope they keep under the radar a bit. Feel like GH is a bit of a hidden Gem at the moment.

Valkyrie
04-23-2015, 01:17 PM
I'm in for this one! Classic Lara kicking some butt! I checked out all the pics on their website. The pose and face look great to me from all angles. She looks tough and focused which are the qualities I love about Lara. I feel sorry for who or what is on the other end of those pistols!

I love the reboot version of her character too, but just wasn't feeling the likeness on that statue. Hope they take another stab at that version for the game's sequel.

I and I
04-23-2015, 01:44 PM
This has a marvelous excl. instantly ordered, no brainer. Gaming heads is on a roll :) almost L33t Master in there vip program:p

BrandonJF
04-23-2015, 01:52 PM
Ok, ordered the EX. Looks amazingly fun and dynamic. Gaming Heads is on a roll with it's statues. Only thing is that their value seems to be off for international customers. They seem to sell to re-sellers really cheap, so ordering of their site is immediately costing you double compared to buying from a local shop.

Great - I didn't even notice with the previous Lara Croft statue, but I see now the reg can be had for at least $70 less than I paid for it via Gaming Heads. The EX doesn't look like it held value at all given that one recently went on Ebay for $90 less than retail. To top it off, I have yet to display it with the exclusive shotgun.

I may be going for the reg on this one.

I and I
04-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Gamingheads and F4F have the tendency to be sold cheaper on the aftermarket after release, that is true. But after while the prices of their statues skyrockets (not all, but a decent few). I'm very happy with their customer support, service and quality, so they deserve it to purchase directly with them.

addic
04-23-2015, 01:59 PM
@Hunter:

I buy the statues where I get the best price. :)

I took gator.nl as an example as I ordered Gaming Heads' lunging Kratos from them for 229,- Euro (I think) and bought the Kratos bust a few weeks ago for 339,- Euro.

qz33
04-23-2015, 02:02 PM
Wow what a statue. The professional paint is amazing. Wish the face was cuter or had more of a resemblance to her classic look or even her face from the non Definitive Edition version of the last game.

Anyways, kinda hope they keep under the radar a bit. Feel like GH is a bit of a hidden Gem at the moment.

Definitely.

addic
04-23-2015, 02:10 PM
I only wish their ES would be a bit lower.

Valkyrie
04-23-2015, 02:12 PM
EX ordered. Didn't take me long to decide! Can't find anything I dislike about this piece. :drooling:

She'll be my fifth GH order after the first three ME statues and the Kratos on Throne EX. Guess that'll get me my first VIP rank. :D

built2shred
04-23-2015, 02:42 PM
Easy purchase since I missed out on the original SS one, face looks great, body looks great, pose is perfect for a game character. Only 1500 world wide (500 ex + 1000 reg) so that's not a bad ES... I would bet in a few years this will spike in price in the aftermarket....

The previous one was pretty dark and non-sexy so it doesn't surprise me it's not doing that great on the aftermarket.... but this one looks more like the original Lara so it should do better in the long run...

addic
04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
The more I look at it the more I like it. Its stunning! Everything looks perfect!!

I will look amazing next to my SSC PF Lara.

Grayfox117
04-23-2015, 02:49 PM
I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long time.

So, let me get this right, rather than buy this, from a company with a relatively good track record for customer service, and quality of production piece vs promotional piece! You'd rather hold out for Sideshow, which is at best the polar opposite of the above, at worst, fast becoming the "joke" of the collectibles world?!?

Yep, smart move :thumbs2: :confused: :banghead: :( :stick:

Wow, somebody's pantys are all up in a bunch. Sorry if my taste in statue companies offends you lol. I have the two previous SS Lara Croft PF's and I love them. So I would love if they released a new PF from either the reboot or the new game coming that's coming out to go along with the two I already have in my collection. If you don't care for them fine. I understand about the gripes towards SS and hopefully they can turn things around but does that really make my hope for a new PF from them ridiculous? Of course I don't want it to come with googly eyes or messed up paint but SS has and can do some nice statues.

addic
04-23-2015, 02:53 PM
On a side note:

I think its possible that the aftermarket price of the first Gaming Heads Lara is going to drop now the new Lara is going to be released. I would appreciate that as I am looking for one atm. :D

I and I
04-23-2015, 02:58 PM
To be honest, I have two lara's from ss (snow day and the second pf) and they are really nice (still looking for the first pf). I really like the new one from gamingheads, so I'll breaking the rule of each character once in our collection again.

@Valkyrie .. gamingheads is addictive... If I'll have al my pre-orders in we will have 16 statues made by them I think.

Spec Fiction
04-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Looks pretty amazing to me. Gaming heads is really starting to pick up speed.

Silas Loki
04-23-2015, 03:16 PM
Of course I don't want it to come with googly eyes or messed up paint but SS has and can do some nice statues.

That's the whole point! Buying a statue shouldn't be a gamble, but with SS it certainly is. I wouldn't mind, but even when they get it wrong the customer service seems very poor.

Hell, if you want to reward such piss poor performance with renewed custom, have at it......things will never change while people keep rolling the dice with them......meanwhile, back at the Bat cave, there are upcoming producers who need support from our funds. If nothing else, these companies provide competition for SS, and when they start to really grab market share, this is when SS will have to up its game.

Wild sex with ScarJo couldn't convince me to buy a SS product! In fact, there isn't a licence or figure they could own or make, that would convince me to buy from them!

Valkyrie
04-23-2015, 03:19 PM
@Valkyrie .. gamingheads is addictive... If I'll have al my pre-orders in we will have 16 statues made by them I think.

Wow! 16? Nice! That 15% off perk does sound great.

Yeah, I can easily see me reaching that rank if they continue deep into their Mass Effect line. I already know I'm in for the long haul with those.

Valkyrie
04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Wild sex with ScarJo couldn't convince me to buy a SS product!

You have more willpower than me, my friend. :laugh:

LionHeart717
04-23-2015, 03:24 PM
Ordered the Ex! I'm loving the attention Gaming Heads is giving the series. Looking forward to adding this one to my collection!

http://i.imgur.com/tBCog4v.jpg

Silas Loki
04-23-2015, 03:50 PM
You have more willpower than me, my friend. :laugh:

It was a bare-faced lie for effect! :) If wild sex with ScarJo was on offer I'd become SS fanboy instantly! In fact, for that, I would shop exclusively with SS, even if they released a Smurf Premium Format!

I and I
04-23-2015, 03:52 PM
Wow! 16? Nice! That 15% off perk does sound great.

Yeah, I can easily see me reaching that rank if they continue deep into their Mass Effect line. I already know I'm in for the long haul with those.

I'm now at the 12 registered mark .. so 3 pre-orders coming in would be nice (now got lara, tali, liara, kratos on throne and sly) would get me past it :) Hope I'll get there before kratos comes out, would make a difference again.

qz33
04-23-2015, 04:17 PM
It was a bare-faced lie for effect! :) If wild sex with ScarJo was on offer I'd become SS fanboy instantly! In fact, for that, I would shop exclusively with SS, even if they released a Smurf Premium Format!

I would buy a Smurf Premium Format...

Just sayin'...

TheYoungWolf
04-23-2015, 04:21 PM
Hell yeah, she looks great! EX ordered. I'll be breaking my one large-scale statue per character rule, but.. I suppose one can never truly have enough Lara. Both classic/traditional and modern.

I'm glad GH managed to get a foot in the door with the last couple of announcements they've come out with. Vastly under-appreciated company, imho. It's nice to see some discussion being generated.

CommanderZx2
04-23-2015, 04:40 PM
Ordered the EX, she's about the same height as Snow Day and Guardian of light statue so should go well with them.

jedi_don
04-23-2015, 04:43 PM
Sadly have to pass. No room left in my Croft Corner.

Shoo
04-23-2015, 06:12 PM
So, let me get this right, rather than buy this, from a company with a relatively good track record for customer service, and quality of production piece vs promotional piece!

Is that so? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Gaming Heads' output, but this is a stunning statue and I'm seriously considering getting a reg, so I'd like some reassurance that production pieces are not going to be a travesty.

CessnaDriver
04-23-2015, 06:27 PM
Did the validation thing with the serial number last time so in for this one to match numbers.
Just about any Lara Croft statue, I'm in!

built2shred
04-23-2015, 06:54 PM
Is that so? Sorry, I'm not familiar with Gaming Heads' output, but this is a stunning statue and I'm seriously considering getting a reg, so I'd like some reassurance that production pieces are not going to be a travesty.

I've only gotten one statue from Gaming Heads, the Mass Effect Garrus one and I will say the production version I got looks just as good as the prototype if not better... Now that's only based on one statue... so take it as you may...

I've own probably over 30 SS statues and I've never gotten one that was as good as the prototype, I've had several that have come close but overall they do fall short of prototype quality. Weather or not that bothers you is a personal choice. I think everyone has their own level of tolerance when it comes to overall quality of a statue...

Sharkey
04-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Got the EX, the normal was only $20 less on BBTS, and that staff looks great. I really hope Gaming Heads gets to do a Lara based on the next game in the rebooted storyline. I did not care much for the SS one (although it was still nice).

Silas Loki
04-23-2015, 10:04 PM

I've got two GH statues so far (Skyrim Dragon born, and Garrus) both, IMHO, have been on the money compared to the prototype! I don't own the first Lara Croft statue they produced, but the in hand pics were spot on with the prototype!

However, heres the thing; if you take a look at their prototype pieces, I think they're the actual first run production pieces, not some artist proof. The reason I think this is because, compare a GG or SS promotional statue to a GH one.....you'll notice a difference in quality. The GG / SS prototype looks very good, perfect lines, paint apps to die for, detailing up the wazoo....where as the GH prototype by comparison tends to look, well, just ok. The lines aren't perfect, the paint apps are acceptable, and the detailing is again, acceptable.

This might read as a negative against GH, and to be honest, if GG / SS could produce a like for like based on their prototype pieces, then GH would be out of business.....but here's the rub, we know GG / SS can't!!! So, given the output from GH, I can only conclude that they are accurately managing customer expectations, by showing us what we'll be actually getting - as opposed to what "could have been" like GG / SS do.

I could be wrong, but if not, I think this is how ALL companies should operate, it's honest, clever, and in the long run wins my business every time. It also highlights companies like Sideshow for the sham operators they actually are!

Mqhuynh
04-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry, if you buy from GH, do you need to pay upfront?

dao2
04-23-2015, 10:17 PM
Sorry, if you buy from GH, do you need to pay upfront?

no

dao2
04-23-2015, 10:21 PM
I've got two GH statues so far (Skyrim Dragon born, and Garrus) both, IMHO, have been on the money compared to the prototype! I don't own the first Lara Croft statue they produced, but the in hand pics were spot on with the prototype!

However, heres the thing; if you take a look at their prototype pieces, I think they're the actual first run production pieces, not some artist proof. The reason I think this is because, compare a GG or SS promotional statue to a GH one.....you'll notice a difference in quality. The GG / SS prototype looks very good, perfect lines, paint apps to die for, detailing up the wazoo....where as the GH prototype by comparison tends to look, well, just ok. The lines aren't perfect, the paint apps are acceptable, and the detailing is again, acceptable.

This might read as a negative against GH, and to be honest, if GG / SS could produce a like for like based on their prototype pieces, then GH would be out of business.....but here's the rub, we know GG / SS can't!!! So, given the output from GH, I can only conclude that they are accurately managing customer expectations, by showing us what we'll be actually getting - as opposed to what "could have been" like GG / SS do.

I could be wrong, but if not, I think this is how ALL companies should operate, it's honest, clever, and in the long run wins my business every time. It also highlights companies like Sideshow for the sham operators they actually are!

I'm not sure if this is how GH operates, though I think they aim for realistic paint jobs that can be reproduced not an advertisement piece. But some things for example their last croft was clearly a proto and not replicated as well on the factory level (though its not as bad as people say, but the eyes indeed are pretty bad).

Mqhuynh
04-23-2015, 10:24 PM
no

Thank you.

FriendlySamurai
04-24-2015, 12:15 AM

Got the last GH Lara and it's a really great piece, overall very close to the proto. Eyes were a little bloodshot but she did almost drown in the ocean...

fwiw don't get thrown off by the negative threads on her, they're bout 10 times worse than the Bruce thread and she was way closer to the proto than he was

gonna pass on this one, will wait and see on the next reboot Lara.

BornFreeSF
04-24-2015, 01:00 AM
Looks really good.

Really like the texture of the face. Gives it great depth and better realism, as opposed to the completely smooth stuff you see form most places.

I would be absolutely blown away if the final in-hand piece had that level of detail. I have my doubts.

Having said that I like this statue a lot.
And I'm fast becoming a fan of Gaming Heads.

I have the Gaming Heads "Young Lara" (or whatever it's officially called). It's a great statue but the face is slightly off IMO which is annoying....

This being the older, original Croft, I like the face on it. I like the pose. I'll probably PO it and hope that the final version is as good as the prototype.
This Lara was always highly sexualised so I'd appreciate it if they worked on her derrière a bit more and took some of the gloss off her legs.

In the long run I'd like to see another young Lara from the new games.
I suspect they are working on one for the upcoming 'The Rise Of The Tomb Raider': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2OCJX5pQo
If they could nail the face this time round that would be amazing.

CessnaDriver
04-24-2015, 01:08 AM
No statue so far has had her blazing both hand cannons at once which is actually a pretty iconic pose for her. I love it.

FYI
Recently myself and my cop buddy tried this with our 1911s, um yeah, your not gonna hit sh**! LOL Nearly impossible to aim with any accuracy. But I will be trying it again.

built2shred
04-24-2015, 01:15 AM
No statue so far has had her blazing both hand cannons at once which is actually a pretty iconic pose for her. I love it.

FYI
Recently myself and my cop buddy tried this with our 1911s, um yeah, your not gonna hit sh**! LOL Nearly impossible to aim with any accuracy. But I will be trying it again.

You gotta think Matrix so you'll slow down and aim better :)

dao2
04-24-2015, 01:58 AM

FYI

Jumping through the air firing two pistols is pretty harsh for hitting anything, however if you practice on the same target enough and get used to locking your arms straight no matter what you can do it. However as soon as you go to another target that is even a little bit of a different distance away you are once again ----ed :P Remember to put a bunch of mattresses to land on.

CessnaDriver
04-24-2015, 02:00 AM
I know video games and movies wouldn't lie to me.
I have to keep trying!

Shoo
04-24-2015, 03:55 AM
I've only gotten one statue from Gaming Heads, the Mass Effect Garrus one and I will say the production version I got looks just as good as the prototype if not better... Now that's only based on one statue... so take it as you may...

However, heres the thing; [...]

I'm not sure if this is how GH operates, though I think they aim for realistic paint jobs that can be reproduced not an advertisement piece. But some things [...]

Got the last GH Lara and it's a really great piece, overall very close to the proto. Eyes were a little bloodshot but she did almost drown in the ocean...

fwiw don't get thrown off by the negative threads on her, they're bout 10 times worse than the Bruce thread and she was way closer to the proto than he was.

Thanks, guys.

Worse than the Bruce thread? Yikes.

I and I
04-24-2015, 08:43 AM
Ordered the EX, she's about the same height as Snow Day and Guardian of light statue so should go well with them.

how can they be the same height? Snow Day was 1/5th scale and Guardian of Light was 1/4th :p

She's a 1/4th scale statue, so she'll go good with GoL and of course GHs first Lara :)

qz33
04-24-2015, 09:47 AM
I would be absolutely blown away if the final in-hand piece had that level of detail. I have my doubts.

Having said that I like this statue a lot.
And I'm fast becoming a fan of Gaming Heads.

I have the Gaming Heads "Young Lara" (or whatever it's officially called). It's a great statue but the face is slightly off IMO which is annoying....

This being the older, original Croft, I like the face on it. I like the pose. I'll probably PO it and hope that the final version is as good as the prototype.
This Lara was always highly sexualised so I'd appreciate it if they worked on her derrière a bit more and took some of the gloss off her legs.

In the long run I'd like to see another young Lara from the new games.
I suspect they are working on one for the upcoming 'The Rise Of The Tomb Raider': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2OCJX5pQo
If they could nail the face this time round that would be amazing.

Love this statue. You know when I went back and looked at the original pics by Gaming Heads and my statue I really couldn't see many differences in the face even though like you I thought it seemed off when I opened it.

Good review BTW.

CommanderZx2
04-24-2015, 11:14 AM
how can they be the same height? Snow Day was 1/5th scale and Guardian of Light was 1/4th :p

She's a 1/4th scale statue, so she'll go good with GoL and of course GHs first Lara :)

Well there's only about 2 inches in height difference between the GoL and Snow Day statues even if they are of different scales.

At a glance you won't notice they're of different scale unless you closely compare their proportions.

BornFreeSF
04-25-2015, 11:51 AM
Love this statue. You know when I went back and looked at the original pics by Gaming Heads and my statue I really couldn't see many differences in the face even though like you I thought it seemed off when I opened it.

Good review BTW.

I haven't gone back to the proto pics.
From "proto" to "in-hand" wasn't my issue so much as I just felt the final face wasn't as good / representative of her in the game.....

Thanks for watching the review!

I didn't mind the blood shot eyes so much, like others.

bruhaha69
04-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Looks nice and is the Lara I love. I would get it but I'm cutting way back on any new purchases

OrangeCrush
05-18-2015, 10:19 AM
Wow, Gaming Heads is definitely getting more and more of my attention these days. I'm loving the Mass Effect statues and who doesn't love tomb Raider? My only complaint is in regards to their EX's. Gaming Heads EX's are even less exciting than Sideshow's as of late. Normally that wouldn't phase me, but the fact that Gaming Heads actually charges more for their EX's really compounds the disappointment.

So far I have ordered Tali, Liara, and Garrus from their Mass Effect line and the new Lara Croft. Tali's Ex comes with a 2nd hand gun, which isn't as nice as the standard gun. Liara comes with a switch out right hand with a biotic effect that I will definitely not be using. Looks like a blob of Jello is attacking her hand. Garrus's Ex comes with a 2nd gun, the Phaeston, which is kinda blah. And Lara's Ex comes with a Staff of Osiris, which is actually the only one that I really like. Yet its costing me almost $100 more to get the Ex for these 4 statues.

Gaming Heads needs to either get rid of the additional charge for the EX or start producing some EX's that are actually worth it because so far, they have really failed in this regard. I am still buying the Ex's because as everyone knows, they are more sought after than the regular editions, which makes them easier to sell if need be.

Honored Knight
08-01-2015, 09:26 AM
Pre-ordered Exclusive! :buttrock:

Transient
08-14-2015, 10:48 PM
Looks like Gaming Heads has a hit on their hands. The regular version is wait listed 6+ months before release both on their website as well as BBTS.

http://www.gamingheads.com/index.php?option=com_myphp&Itemid=3&product=195

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GMH10038&mode=retail

Also I measured the height of my SS PF and Snow Day and made a quick height comparison pic in photoshop. Should display really well together. Also, holy crap the base on this figure is going to be huge.

http://i.imgur.com/WoS7kb0.jpg

forerunner
09-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Huh, just came across this on Gaming Head's site the other day.

EX still available? Ordered.

Transient
01-28-2016, 11:34 PM
Anyone heard anything on this one recently? Should be releasing sometime in the next few weeks/months correct?

It'll be my first Gaming Heads purchase, just not sure how they do things with releasing any info coming up on the release window of items.

shadow.broker
02-01-2016, 07:39 AM
Anyone heard anything on this one recently? Should be releasing sometime in the next few weeks/months correct?

It'll be my first Gaming Heads purchase, just not sure how they do things with releasing any info coming up on the release window of items.
It will be my first GH statue as well, can't wait! :)

Regarding the release date, they expect to start shipping Lara in May/June.

Viper2005
02-03-2016, 10:46 PM
Thinking of ordering this. But is there any chance this statue might lean over time with the pose that she is in?

OrangeCrush
03-09-2016, 04:54 PM
Thinking of ordering this. But is there any chance this statue might lean over time with the pose that she is in?

I highly doubt it as there are 2 connection points (both of her feet).

http://cdn.gamingheads.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1800x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/T/R/TRLTOX026.jpg

That should give it more than enough support to stop it from leaning. I am really hoping this releases soon. Seems like this has been on pre order for a really long time!!

Now we just need a Rise of the Tomb Raider Statue!!

novaraven
04-20-2016, 12:27 AM
Pre-ordered the exclusive about a month ago. Can't wait! :)

novaraven
05-04-2016, 08:57 PM
Does anyone here have any confirmation on when this piece will ship out? I read somewhere June 2016, but I don't think I was charged yet at all.

LionHeart717
05-04-2016, 10:06 PM
Planned for August

LionHeart717
06-21-2016, 12:07 AM
Looks like there's another delay. Lara is now estimated to ship out in October/November due to "production issues" :(

novaraven
06-21-2016, 12:29 AM
Looks like there's another delay. Lara is now estimated to ship out in October/November due to "production issues" :(

Oh Boooo-urns!!

How did you find out about this delay?

LionHeart717
06-21-2016, 12:38 AM
Oh Boooo-urns!!

How did you find out about this delay?

Gaming Heads Facebook page

shadow.broker
07-04-2016, 08:01 AM

It was obvious it won't be out during the summer since we didn't hear any update about it for quite some time. But still, damn :(

LionHeart717
08-28-2016, 05:18 PM
Here are some pics of the production sample! I think it looks great. I do see two flaws though. One being the messy mouth line, and the other being the skin tone on the edge of her shorts.

Definitely love the side view!

http://i.imgur.com/onSp2Fg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/z978uyd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/DCm3ATc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wGD0wZV.jpg

Grayfox117
08-28-2016, 05:53 PM
It almost looks like a seem where legs meet the shorts. Hopefully they fix the paint application there.

addic
08-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Looks great. Will be an amazing addition to my existing Lara statues.

The paint on her shorts / legs looks exactly like the proto btw:

http://www.gamingheads.com/tomb-raider-lara-croft-temple-of-osiris-exclusive-statue.html

ReplicantSavior
08-29-2016, 01:00 AM
Looks good to me. I wish we could see finalized concepts of those anniversary statues now.

novaraven
08-29-2016, 01:15 AM
Not too picky on the minor stuff. So overall it looks good to me too.. damn... Can't wait for October/November 2016!

jadekite22
08-29-2016, 01:33 AM
I'm no expert, but minor paint bleed seems somewhat unavoidable on mass-produced statues although it can be done well enough to be nearly unnoticeable without heavily scrutinizing them, as we often do with these close-up photos. Bleeding edges were partly to blame for why I got into statues and maquettes so late in the game, as I didn't realize paint apps on articulated figures generally looked cleaner from being painted and assembled from separate parts. Starting with mixed media pieces helped alleviate that somewhat, hence why I prefer certain aspects of the Guardian of Light PF over this Tomb Raider. Ultimately I learned to live with it on fully sculpted pieces. Companies are getting smarter about hiding seams and the like, which is an appreciable art in itself.

built2shred
08-29-2016, 01:54 AM
Looks like the shorts have a raised lip on them and instead of painting it brown it got painted the skin color...

ReplicantSavior
08-29-2016, 02:05 AM
I've seen stuff like that on Sideshow and other pieces. Made in China mass produced statues are getting better. But this isn't a deal breaker. I would take these "flaws" to some of Sideshow's more crazy painting examples any day of the week.

Valkyrie
08-29-2016, 03:29 PM
Non-issue for me and it might be less noticeable in hand.

She looks great otherwise.

Viper2005
08-30-2016, 11:04 PM
That actually looks almost just like the proto, they did a great job!

shadow.broker
08-31-2016, 03:09 AM
The production sample looks great, love it :)

Btw ETA is set to December.

Grayfox117
10-15-2016, 02:07 PM
According to their Facebook page she barely going into production. So I can't see how we'll have her in Dec :radior:

Production update: Tomb Raider™: Lara Croft - Temple of Osiris statue is going into production this month. Stay tuned for more updates!

Transient
10-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Yeah I spoke to one of their representatives on Facebook this week, and they said the statue had undergone a redesign in regards to her stance that had to go through all the channels for approval. They said Q1 2017.

I'm honestly guessing we won't see this one until the end of that window. It's been almost 19 months since initial pre-orders began on this piece, and I was almost ready to hear that she was cancelled, but I guess this one may be getting out of production purgatory after all.

qz33
10-16-2016, 03:03 AM
Wonder what changed about the stance and why?

Transient
10-16-2016, 03:55 PM
My guess is that since so much of her mass is cantilevered and is only supported by the peg in her foot, maybe she had issues there. Maybe they changed something so another part of her body is directly supported instead of being suspended.

I'd welcome that change with so many of these 'hey, look how my statue is leaning over now' threads.

shadow.broker
10-18-2016, 04:10 AM
The waiting is killing me but I am sure it will be worth it.

Transient
10-18-2016, 04:22 AM
They followed up and told me that the sample tilted too much to the right, and they had to make adjustments such that the finished piece actually looked like the prototype.

novaraven
12-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Any news/updates on this guys? I haven't heard or seen anything :(

vinnnie
12-14-2016, 02:03 PM
Posted today on facebook...

https://s29.postimg.org/p2dx6rilz/Screenshot_20161214_190236.png

novaraven
12-20-2016, 07:02 PM
oh yeah!! I wonder when the ETA for this is?

CessnaDriver
12-20-2016, 09:13 PM
Posted today on facebook...

https://s29.postimg.org/p2dx6rilz/Screenshot_20161214_190236.png

I see mine!

slinch
01-10-2017, 05:40 AM
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15895575_171045313376059_8823944920654364429_o.jpg?oh=e599e0cc1c4d039d7c9b57f65c8e5353&oe=591AE3E7

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15965351_171045316709392_5813823241113701422_n.jpg?oh=61e172f07fd63fbccb7bad2a92b954bb&oe=591630D6

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894540_171045310042726_7842469769124141869_n.jpg?oh=4b2f8bad2959bc7ecd630b8ba5f6e126&oe=591F98E3

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/15994686_171045413376049_6895771077962409691_o.jpg?oh=abcbf25473cc0673c58142639dae3751&oe=5910ADE7

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15873295_171045416709382_5875936644396107888_n.jpg?oh=0a777794604e45173bc01b8ac7f6469c&oe=591F80D3

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894272_171045423376048_8293290499000130962_n.jpg?oh=36af06383603b5bed6454cad9198f954&oe=59182C26

Grayfox117
01-10-2017, 10:31 AM
Looking good. I was getting worried from reading about paint application issues over in Mass Effect thread.

dao2
01-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Most of Tali was painted well. The shawl was horrendous.

novaraven
01-10-2017, 09:42 PM
Does anyone know when these statues will be ready? I'm super excited to get this soon :)

Grayfox117
01-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Received a payment due email and it list statue as late Q1 to early Q2 shipping.

Xaerius
01-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Did anyone else notice how horribly the eyes were done on the head sculpt? It looks fine from the side but from the front it is making me cringe. I think I'm going to have to cancel this one. I'm a little bit concerned after what happened with the first one.

DeadGhostKnight
01-12-2017, 03:52 AM
Lol Lara looks super pissed off!

Wait for in hand pics guys before you order!

CessnaDriver
01-12-2017, 11:28 AM
Lol Lara looks super pissed off!

Wait for in hand pics guys before you order!

She does, and that's because when you try to dual wield handguns like that you can't hit sh**! LOL
Looks so damn cool though.

ReplicantSavior
01-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I can't tell what they changed. Looks good so far from what I'm seeing. But we don't know if all those pieces are finished.

I still want to see those Anniversary Lara statues. At least clear concepts. So many Lara statues, I can't get them all and it would be too much Lara anyway.

Also is Gaming Heads the same as First 4 Figures? Last I checked the websites were similar. But the Gaming Heads one got an update I think.

novaraven
01-17-2017, 08:45 PM
Did you guys get your invoice yet for the first flexipay for Lara???

Grayfox117
01-17-2017, 08:49 PM
Did you guys get your invoice yet for the first flexipay for Lara???

Yes. Received mine about a week ago.

novaraven
01-17-2017, 09:03 PM
Yes. Received mine about a week ago.

Hmmm.. still haven't received mine even after customer service stated that they would send me my invoice yesterday.. I hope they didn't forget me

Grayfox117
01-17-2017, 10:17 PM
Hmmm.. still haven't received mine even after customer service stated that they would send me my invoice yesterday.. I hope they didn't forget me

Check the credit card account that you used and see if they charged you.

dao2
01-17-2017, 11:56 PM
if he's waiting on an invoice fair chance he did paypal ><

novaraven
01-18-2017, 02:19 AM
if he's waiting on an invoice fair chance he did paypal ><

Ya I talked to customer service and I did arrange for paypal.

It just so happens that shortly before I started this message, the invoice came to me lol! First payment now made :)

mousse
01-25-2017, 01:55 AM
I asked GH for some production photos on Facebook a couple weeks ago, and this is what Eric took for me :)

https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894540_171045310042726_7842469769124141869_n.jpg?oh=4b2f8bad2959bc7ecd630b8ba5f6e126&oe=591F98E3
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15978066_171045313376059_8823944920654364429_n.jpg?oh=d6109865c8406a2064037e8169ff0f2a&oe=59108655
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15965351_171045316709392_5813823241113701422_n.jpg?oh=61e172f07fd63fbccb7bad2a92b954bb&oe=591630D6
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15895337_171045413376049_6895771077962409691_n.jpg?oh=d123a369d4b2b12a9e6d183953e3675b&oe=5907C894
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15873295_171045416709382_5875936644396107888_n.jpg?oh=0a777794604e45173bc01b8ac7f6469c&oe=591F80D3
https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15894272_171045423376048_8293290499000130962_n.jpg?oh=36af06383603b5bed6454cad9198f954&oe=59182C26

addic
01-25-2017, 03:04 AM
Great pictures. Too bad that we have already seen them in this thread two weeks ago. ;)

Grayfox117
03-16-2017, 07:11 PM
Drop test video for those who haven't seen it:thumbs2:

https://youtu.be/ljnomBxW9hc

ReplicantSavior
03-16-2017, 10:05 PM
I guess Lara is on the way soon. Statue looks great in that video. I wish Gaming Heads would show the full concepts of those Anniversary statues now.

I wonder if Sideshow allows the factory to test their statues like that? With the breakage on some there is no way they were tested.

CessnaDriver
03-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Drop test video for those who haven't seen it:thumbs2:

https://youtu.be/ljnomBxW9hc

I'll take one that wasn't drop tested if it's all the same. ;)

novaraven
03-17-2017, 01:01 AM
I'll take one that wasn't drop tested if it's all the same. ;)

Ya, I hope I don't get #94 ;)

Anyway noob question here. Where will these statues be shipping from?

Grayfox117
03-17-2017, 07:54 AM
Well, I was hoping after seeing this video that we'd be getting her soon but apparently not.

We regret to inform you that the delivery date of Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Exclusive has been postponed. Your final payment was originally scheduled to be processed today Monday 20th March 2017 but the delivery was postponed due to a few uncontrollable factors so therefore payment will be processed once the statues arrive to our factory and is ready for shipping to you, which is now estimated to be Mid-Late May 2017. Once we know the exact date of the statues leaving our factory and on route to the warehouse then we will notify you again of the payment date. Please do check your account details especially the shipping address. Thank you

built2shred
03-17-2017, 11:26 AM
Works out for me given Taxes are due next month....

ReplicantSavior
03-17-2017, 10:19 PM
Lara takes the slow boat from China...

At least that will give them time to show the Anniversary statue concepts. But I wouldn't be surprised if they have a business plan to wait until this statue is out before showing the new ones.

slinch
03-28-2017, 12:50 PM
I don't buy a lot of statues and this is only the third time I've preordered one, but is this a common thing in this industry? Not just that something is delayed so substantially, but that they move the estimate almost every month. Here's what the updates on these were:

PO: Apr 2015
Expected ship date: Q1 2016

Apr 2016: June 2016 ship date
May 2016: Aug/Sept 2016 ship date
Jul 2016: Dec 2016 ship date
Oct 2016: start of production, Q1 2017 ship date
Nov 2016: Jan 2017 ship date
Jan 2017: Feb/March ship date
Feb 2017: Apr ship date
March: mid May ship date

I mean, this kind of looks like a joke, right?

built2shred
03-28-2017, 01:23 PM
I don't buy a lot of statues and this is only the third time I've preordered one, but is this a common thing in this industry? Not just that something is delayed so substantially, but that they move the estimate almost every month. Here's what the updates on these were:

PO: Apr 2015
Expected ship date: Q1 2016

Apr 2016: June 2016 ship date
May 2016: Aug/Sept 2016 ship date
Jul 2016: Dec 2016 ship date
Oct 2016: start of production, Q1 2017 ship date
Nov 2016: Jan 2017 ship date
Jan 2017: Feb/March ship date
Feb 2017: Apr ship date
March: mid May ship date

I mean, this kind of looks like a joke, right?

Delays are typical but not usually this long, the only one that comes to mind is the SS Superman PF, it also was delayed about a year for the first batch, but people in the later batches had to wait almost 2 years to get it.

So it does happen....

Grayfox117
03-28-2017, 02:23 PM
PCS has taken two years+ on some statues / busts also unfortunately.

dao2
03-28-2017, 02:32 PM
Yeah expect it :| Some companies more than others but pretty much all of them have had some long delayed pieces so it can happen.

slinch
04-05-2017, 06:28 AM
The Tomb Raider™: Lara Croft Temple of Osiris army is almost ready! Estimated release to be the end of May 2017 and we are super excited!

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/17814262_220111165136140_3766216681844765463_o.jpg?oh=2c8db9d09bcee32f9628874be0677442&oe=598F1CD2

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17457413_220111211802802_4708199320968680003_n.jpg?oh=9d629de40b8ccff24f72dc2985a432d9&oe=59634B63

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17800045_220111298469460_7219226433682742577_n.jpg?oh=bb5cabcf4b4e4fd6381993cdd095a662&oe=595E6649

LionHeart717
04-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Yikes, all those delays and that's the best they could do with the face? Glad I canceled.

ReplicantSavior
04-06-2017, 12:55 AM
Probably bad pics. Lara looked fine in the drop test video they put up.

vinnnie
04-07-2017, 01:49 AM
Jesus that face... and people on facebook say she looks great....

https://s24.postimg.org/o0lclczqt/FB_IMG_1491543937878.jpg

dao2
04-07-2017, 02:05 AM
looks fine to me :< The proto face wasn't ever that hot, just serious ;p

addic
04-07-2017, 03:49 AM
Whats wrong with the face? I think it looks good.

novaraven
04-07-2017, 10:45 AM
Yes I agree. The face isn't bad at all. If the eyes go more into cross-eyed territory then it'll be a problem

dao2
04-07-2017, 01:39 PM
upper lip is a little big but that's not a paint issue, it's a sculpt issue and the proto had it too ;p

DeadGhostKnight
04-07-2017, 01:53 PM
Yeah the face is pretty much the same as the proto, tbh there weren't a lot of great shots of the face on the proto but she definitely has the same serious look.

I do think the eye brows on the production look odd though, they just look like 2 straight lines...

http://cdn.gamingheads.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/T/R/TRLTO015.jpg

This production looks to at least be better than Tali and The Keeper at least...

BMW///M3
04-07-2017, 02:00 PM
Jesus Christ...:thumbsdow

qz33
04-07-2017, 02:37 PM
But but I want pretty Lara...

and that's why I didn't spend the money.

omigeo
04-07-2017, 04:10 PM
I think her face came out great

youssef85
04-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Face is definitely a problem here.Yet another failure...

addic
04-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Would be great if you guys who are criticizing the face would also tell us what you don't like. Because for me the face looks pretty good.

built2shred
04-07-2017, 06:17 PM
The paint application on the face is meh (color wise). She looks half dead. That's a bummer.... Now I have to decide if I cancel based on these pictures.. hopefully some more pictures will show up

L Deimos
04-07-2017, 07:06 PM
The paint application on the face is meh (color wise). She looks half dead. That's a bummer.... Now I have to decide if I cancel based on these pictures.. hopefully some more pictures will show up WTF? Looks just like the proto. What do your people want?

omigeo
04-07-2017, 07:22 PM
She reminds me of Michelle Roderiguez..I think she is pretty in a serious type of way

DeadGhostKnight
04-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Tell you now it's the eye brows! They are too straight, the more i look at it the more i see it lol.

built2shred
04-08-2017, 09:30 AM
WTF? Looks just like the proto. What do your people want?

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm173/Monoth/Tomb%20Raider%203.jpg

Hopefully it's just really bad lighting that's making the production version look so bad compared to the prototype because right now the production version paint apps make her face look like she's turning into the living dead.

ReplicantSavior
04-09-2017, 04:51 AM
What I saved from the end of the drop test video. Looks pretty to me.

I just want to see the Anniversary pieces now.

built2shred
04-10-2017, 09:18 AM

that picture looks nice so I have hope :)

novaraven
04-10-2017, 01:44 PM
that picture looks nice so I have hope :)

AMEN! looks nice! Bring it on!

novaraven
05-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Hey everyone,

Does anyone have any updates on when this is shipping? Shouldn't it be by this month?? :(

Grayfox117
05-10-2017, 09:19 PM
They had said late May early June :(

novaraven
05-10-2017, 11:20 PM
They had said late May early June :(

Wtf? Why the delay again?? It was drop tested already... packed in boxes.. whats going on?

Grayfox117
05-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Wtf? Why the delay again?? It was drop tested already... packed in boxes.. whats going on?

Yeah, I agree. Hopefully it's nothing serious. Sometimes companies delay finished statues to wait for other ones to finish. So that they ship in one full container . Rather than shipping two or more partial containers from China at different times which saves them money. Not sure if this is the case but that would be better than some serious issue that needs to be fixed.

Armored_Berserk
05-12-2017, 06:17 AM
Jesus that face... and people on facebook say she looks great....

https://s24.postimg.org/o0lclczqt/FB_IMG_1491543937878.jpg

Is Lara on drugs?

ruzzell
05-13-2017, 08:02 PM
It says Q2 2017 on the gamingheads website for the EX. Hopefully that means before June

Grayfox117
05-16-2017, 03:00 PM
I asked on FB about her. This was the response:rolleyes:

She has not left china yet unfortunately :( we're touching up the last bits! Hopefully can have an update for you guys shortly. We really do appreciate your patience and sorry it's taken longer than expected.

vinnnie
05-16-2017, 03:04 PM
'touching up the last bits'... hmmm...

slinch
05-18-2017, 07:21 AM
New update on their FB page:

Tomb Raider™: Lara Croft Temple of Osiris statue still in progress in the inspection stage.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18519513_241411909672732_3632966850583077676_n.jpg?oh=a7651efae99a5bbcac3e9868aeba8d4f&oe=59784657

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/18556444_241411969672726_7391582146934243512_o.jpg?oh=e0ed0a89ff65d824576fcb5e32832278&oe=59B39FAF

mousse
05-19-2017, 09:24 AM
I canceled my order a few months ago because I couldn't get over the ugly face. The in game model was so pretty, but this one looks uncomfortable, masculine and dirty.

ruzzell
05-28-2017, 09:34 PM
While we wait, something to pass the time...
https://youtu.be/cCQlGjZzQ58
:penguin::penguin::penguin::penguin:

Tbolt
06-28-2017, 03:15 AM
And another month has passed.

built2shred
06-28-2017, 03:58 AM
Those latest pictures haven't left me with a lot of confidence. The face just doesn't look like the original prototype, she's not that pretty in that last picture. I guess I'm just getting more picky in my old age so I went ahead and cancelled. If in-hand pictures prove me wrong then I can always order it again.

omigeo
06-28-2017, 08:05 AM
You know what, I might get this one. Only because she does not have your usual boring face, she has character to me. I do not like statues that have that (Pretty) look all the time. I like a change. Than again not everyone thinks this face looks boring or unacceptable. So to each his/her own.

shadow.broker
07-03-2017, 06:43 AM
Good news guys, looks like Lara will be leaving the factory very soon:
The Temple of Osiris statues all packed up and ready to be loaded into the container! Estimated now to be released mid-late August 2017. Thank you all for you patience with us.
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19621138_262879190859337_4483856743283703367_o.jpg?oh=477f322f955a7973960d862d85733895&oe=59D46129

ruzzell
07-03-2017, 07:35 PM
Good news guys, looks like Lara will be leaving the factory very soon:

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/19621138_262879190859337_4483856743283703367_o.jpg?oh=477f322f955a7973960d862d85733895&oe=59D46129

I guess better late than never.

forerunner
07-14-2017, 09:09 AM
03/17/17
We regret to inform you that the delivery date of Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Exclusive has been postponed. Your final payment was originally scheduled to be processed today Monday 20th March 2017 but the delivery was postponed due to a few uncontrollable factors so therefore payment will be processed once the statues arrive to our factory and is ready for shipping to you, which is now estimated to be Mid-Late May 2017. Once we know the exact date of the statues leaving our factory and on route to the warehouse then we will notify you again of the payment date. Please do check your account details especially the shipping address. Thank you.

07/14/17
Thank you for your patience, we would like to notify you Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Exclusive has been confirmed to ship in just over 4 weeks from now and therefore the final remaining balance will be processed on Wednesday 16th August 2017 for the whole world. Please do check your shipping address is correct as once paid, we could ship at anytime. Thank you.

Not holding my breath.
Nels

BMW///M3
07-14-2017, 09:30 PM
:thumbs2:

Thank you for your patience, we would like to notify you Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Exclusive has been confirmed to ship in just over 4 weeks from now and therefore the final remaining balance will be processed on Wednesday 16th August 2017 for the whole world. Please do check your shipping address is correct as once paid, we could ship at anytime. Thank you.

If you have any questions, please email us at customerservice@gamingheads.com. Once again, thank you very much for your purchase.

Best regards,
Customer Service
GamingHeads.com

Josado
07-29-2017, 07:08 AM
Hope it turns out well! It's been a long wait!

D-Rocket
08-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Does anybody know whether the 18 inch height listed on the site includes the staff? I ordered the EX and I'm trying to plan space for her.

dao2
08-14-2017, 09:54 AM
check the height on the reg maybe, if it's the same then probably not though it depends if they cared enough to count both separately ><

D-Rocket
08-14-2017, 10:08 AM
check the height on the reg maybe, if it's the same then probably not though it depends if they cared enough to count both separately ><

Sadly it's the same on both but judging by the images it looks to be around an inch taller than regular, So i'm guessing 19 inches. I have 20 inches of clearance so I think I'll be fine.

CessnaDriver
08-16-2017, 12:55 AM
Transaction Confirmation
Please retain for your records
Thank you
Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of The IP Factory Limited.

Transaction details:
Transaction for the value of: USD 389.99
Description: Payment for Tomb Raider™: Lara Croft Temple of Osiris Exclusive Statue (TRLTOX)

Josado
08-16-2017, 01:40 AM
hope the statue looks as nice as it did in their youtube video!

Josado
08-16-2017, 07:57 AM
Unboxing pics from Gaming Heads, on their Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/gamingheads/posts/10154983996915028

CessnaDriver
08-16-2017, 10:51 AM
Jeez over two years since pre-order. Didn't realize that.

D-Rocket
08-16-2017, 04:48 PM
My payment processed. From pics on Facebook it looks great. Excited to get her.

Finisher
08-16-2017, 04:58 PM
Nice, only the head is bit too harsh.

ruzzell
08-17-2017, 10:22 AM
Any shipping notices yet?

D-Rocket
08-17-2017, 08:27 PM
Any shipping notices yet?

I'm still waiting.

built2shred
08-17-2017, 08:31 PM
The face is kind of gritty looking with the dark circles around her eyes, almost like she got bitten buy a zombie and starting to turn...

Overall it's a nice statue.. If they would of given us a 2nd portrait, one that was prettier to look at, I would of probably kept my order.

ruzzell
08-18-2017, 09:47 AM
Finally got a shipping notice.

Jibber82
08-20-2017, 08:20 AM
I also got a shipping notice.

D-Rocket
08-20-2017, 08:09 PM
I got a shipping notice but no tracking info. Anybody else have this?

ruzzell
08-21-2017, 10:15 AM
I read in another thread Gamingheads usually doesn't give tracking numbers but you may be able to contact them for one.

ruzzell
08-22-2017, 06:09 PM
Lara is here!
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-jWpjxRYzSUw/WZyqVmoWyDI/AAAAAAAAHj8/tPX5AXcSdIARtQNJXOEY2GSZwwAcNHMWQCKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1489.JPG

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-C0LaZrJIaAI/WZyqVidS0PI/AAAAAAAAHj8/qcnpq7xQ6aojwZ9vWwyrRcRwU0-IBLWrQCKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1490.JPG

Josado
08-22-2017, 06:28 PM
Gorgeous!

ruzzell
08-22-2017, 06:48 PM
More Lara:
https://statuesforruss.blogspot.com/2017/08/gamingheads-lara-croft-temple-of-osiris.html

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hWTMbSGCwsY/WZyqVjhnbBI/AAAAAAAAHj8/G-avON5jnWAvvb7cZEI3c9wAwHCGDWjiACKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1492.JPG

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-kWyPMnVqisY/WZyqVqzqDUI/AAAAAAAAHj8/fB-A0Gm3ZhkzYYRNECxWfcKuS4K1kdhBgCKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1491.JPG

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-f5JvgSr14ME/WZyqVkcCioI/AAAAAAAAHj8/qVmbAORqa7Ajqf59imiRiKfWr5D32kDVwCKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1496.JPG

Tortuga
08-23-2017, 09:42 AM
It looks fantastic! The expression isn't soo angry like the prototype, but I think the face is looking more like Lara Croft.

adee
08-23-2017, 09:55 AM
She looks great! Is the staff removable?

Josado
08-23-2017, 12:41 PM

yeah.

ruzzell
08-23-2017, 03:04 PM

It comes off in two parts.

Lara and her mini-me...
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WHQOlrC4YnY/WZ3RX_EUyzI/AAAAAAAAHmk/5qN_uCb_PrITUAfBi2PVqUZQINAmAOCVQCKgBGAs/s1600/IMG_1499.JPG

forerunner
08-23-2017, 06:34 PM
I won't go so far as to say she was worth the wait but definitely a nice piece. Well done Gaming Heads!

Kinda wish they'd given her Desert Eagles tho.

Now, where the heck am I gonna put her?

Regards,
Nels

ruzzell
08-24-2017, 09:45 AM
Video review: https://youtu.be/7Ym2U--z3vo

ruzzell
08-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Zbrush render from the artist page on Artstation:
https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/000/650/015/large/kaushik-manna-1.jpg?1443929310

D-Rocket
08-26-2017, 06:30 PM
My video Review. https://youtu.be/1pXrtlZwveI

Tbolt
09-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Holy cow, this actually came out. Got the 10 day warning from BBTS.

QX403
09-21-2017, 03:43 PM
I won't go so far as to say she was worth the wait but definitely a nice piece. Well done Gaming Heads!

Kinda wish they'd given her Desert Eagles tho.

Regards,
Nels

Probably don't have the IP rights which are most likely expensive.

FriendlySamurai
09-21-2017, 05:43 PM

Regards,
Nels

what kind of case is that? Looks like a detolf for grownups...

forerunner
09-21-2017, 08:02 PM
what kind of case is that? Looks like a detolf for grownups...

Tecno Display GL700.

omigeo
09-21-2017, 10:14 PM
My video Review. https://youtu.be/1pXrtlZwveI

Thank you D-Rocket for that video..

FriendlySamurai
09-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Tecno Display GL700.

thanks! very cool

AgentX
08-09-2018, 09:56 PM

She's not even looking where she's shooting!
The production face has less expression. She looks less focused, less determined, and not as badass as the prototype. And that base is so bland and ugly.

I'm contemplating getting this piece but I'm on the fence about it. To the folks who have this piece - what are your thoughts about it now after a year of owning it? Does she still look good, will she hold up against time? Is it worth it, or better to hold out for the next best? Which other piece would you say the quality is comparable/equal to?

I and I
08-10-2018, 11:49 AM
She's not even looking where she's shooting!
The production face has less expression. She looks less focused, less determined, and not as badass as the prototype. And that base is so bland and ugly.

I'm contemplating getting this piece but I'm on the fence about it. To the folks who have this piece - what are your thoughts about it now after a year of owning it? Does she still look good, will she hold up against time? Is it worth it, or better to hold out for the next best? Which other piece would you say the quality is comparable/equal to?

I love her and I really had my doubts about her before getting her.

https://i2.wp.com/dimic.ikaryas.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/gh_tombraiderlaracrofttempleofosiris_re_001.jpg

https://i0.wp.com/dimic.ikaryas.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/gh_tombraiderlaracrofttempleofosiris_re_002.jpg

https://i1.wp.com/dimic.ikaryas.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/gh_tombraiderlaracrofttempleofosiris_re_006.jpg

More pictures and review: http://dimic.ikaryas.nl/2018/i-hate-tombs/

AgentX
08-15-2018, 04:30 PM
But that trigger finger though :s

omigeo
09-26-2018, 08:23 AM
Well, I finally pull the trigger on this one. I always wanted this piece with her signature outfit...I manage to get a hold of the Exclusive from Gaming heads website. She was the last one...crossing fingers that she comes in with no problems :(

AgentX
10-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Well, I finally pull the trigger on this one. I always wanted this piece with her signature outfit...I manage to get a hold of the Exclusive from Gaming heads website. She was the last one...crossing fingers that she comes in with no problems :(

Let me know your critiques.
I really wanted this piece.

nat
12-09-2018, 08:22 AM
Same here.

WhistlingTime
12-02-2022, 11:04 PM
Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I'm trying to chase down this statue and wanted to ask whether anyone would have knowledge of available stock (aside from the likes of eBay)?