PDA

View Full Version : An important plea from Tsume Art

IXEC
05-12-2015, 08:09 AM
Hi all, this was posted over on Facebook.

I hope this gets the attention that it deserves...:sos:

Hi buddies, is Cyril.
Today we sum the results to the Kickstarter.

38 contributors
€ 12,472 over € 50,000
And 45 remaining days.

We really need you to meet this challenge.
The goal is not to make money, but you can start production.
There are lots of levels, allowing you to help us realize this project, it starts at 1 € and is charged only if the project is realized!

This project represents for me more than the fact of making the statue itself.

It is freedom of which I speak, it is TSUME a creative team that deserves to exist outside of licenses?

It's not the amount that matters to me, but the number of contributors.

From the beginning, you have always believed in us, and we fight every day to provide the best to evolve the middle of the figure and the statue to challenge ourselves.

Today we really need to be supported, because-that behind all the products that you like, there are people who fight, who want to exist beyond licenses.

As director of Tsume, and all these guys who work with me, for these five years of hard work, I'm just asking you to help us succeed in this goal.

You know how I dedicate my life to my work, it is the same to all my team.

People, if you have a touch of respect for our work at all, today we to need you!

Thank you for your support,

To help us https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tsume-art/tsume-x-aleksi-briclot-azzarhi-worlds-and-wonders

nbr3bagshotrow
05-12-2015, 08:11 AM
The link doesn't work, at least for me.

IXEC
05-12-2015, 08:13 AM
The link doesn't work, at least for me.

Sorry , just fix it, I hope.

DeadGhostKnight
05-12-2015, 10:18 AM
The problem is if you are backing a statue on kickstarter you back it because you want the statue and if you don't want the statue then youre not gonna back it.

Unlike a video game where you get a digital copy of the game for like 20 bucks and then you can pay more if you want more stuff, your minimum spend here to get the product is 399 euro.

I've backed a ton of games and books because usually 20 - 50 bucks will get me the product and that's not a lot of money, but here if you have no interest in the design of the statue there's no reason to back it imo.

I do hope they hit their mark because Tsume are great and obviously they are passionate about this.

IXEC
05-12-2015, 11:55 AM
The problem is if you are backing a statue on kickstarter you back it because you want the statue and if you don't want the statue then youre not gonna back it.

Unlike a video game where you get a digital copy of the game for like 20 bucks and then you can pay more if you want more stuff, your minimum spend here to get the product is 399 euro.

I've backed a ton of games and books because usually 20 - 50 bucks will get me the product and that's not a lot of money, but here if you have no interest in the design of the statue there's no reason to back it imo.

I do hope they hit their mark because Tsume are great and obviously they are passionate about this.

I see what your saying about the 399 euro....

This is what Cedric is saying though.....

"There are lots of levels, allowing you to help us realize this project, it starts at 1 € and is charged only if the project is realized"!

"This project represents for me more than the fact of making the statue itself".

"It is freedom of which I speak, it is TSUME a creative team that deserves to exist outside of licenses"?

"It's not the amount that matters to me, but the number of contributors".

So in sum Cedric is just asking for a show of support for his Team....to start.....by pledging at least 1 euro....that's only asking for $1.12, folks...

I for you don't see that as unreasonable request....

So...come on people lets show the Tsume Art Team that we care about them.....:flash:

HYMN
05-12-2015, 07:09 PM
I think Tsume must focus their own products first.

BornFreeSF
05-12-2015, 07:45 PM
I'm not sure I understand...?

Perhaps I'm narrow minded.

The licences are why I buy the statues.
It's what gives them meaning to me.

To be clear I really like Tsume and the the statues you guys are producing.
And I hope you continue to make desirable statues and are successful.

But I'm a little lost in regards to the request to be free from licences....?

It sounds like a dream for you as sculptors/artists, but not a dream I personally share as a collector.

Luminous
05-12-2015, 08:05 PM

It sounds like a dream for you as sculptors/artists, but not a dream I personally share as a collector.

This pretty much sums it up.

IXEC
05-12-2015, 08:15 PM

I think something was lost in the original translation from the French. Cedric is not implying they want to discontinue with licenses.

IXEC
05-12-2015, 08:38 PM
This pretty much sums it up.

Cedric is asking for just $1....to show your support....is that to much...:vortex:

IXEC
05-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I think Tsume must focus their own products first.

For just $1, you can show your support....where's the love...:doh!:

Luminous
05-12-2015, 09:55 PM
Cedric is asking for just $1....to show your support....is that to much...:vortex:

I like Tsume as a company. When they make a product for a license I am interested in they will most certainly get my money. I am just not in the habit of making donations to commercial business'. I donate to things like disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger.... not to fund someones pet project. Obviously $1 isn't a lot to ask for, but for me it's the principle.

If you can't already tell, I'm not particularly a fan of Kickstarter. :p

JorgeLoyo
05-12-2015, 11:00 PM
I'll pledge a little, you guys certainly gave me a lot of joy the day I unpacked my zoro :)

ryuhayabusa6787
05-13-2015, 01:07 AM
I like Tsume as a company. When they make a product for a license I am interested in they will most certainly get my money. I am just not in the habit of making donations to commercial business'. I donate to things like disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger.... not to fund someones pet project. Obviously $1 isn't a lot to ask for, but for me it's the principle.

to be honest with you disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger might as well burn your money it never goes where its needed. not to say that kickstarter is worth giving money to.

Luminous
05-13-2015, 01:50 AM
to be honest with you disease research, relief efforts or to fight hunger might as well burn your money it never goes where its needed. not to say that kickstarter is worth giving money to.

My point was simply that if I am going to donate it's going to be for a cause I feel NEEDS help.

Silas Loki
05-13-2015, 02:08 AM

I think you make an excellent point.

In my opinion, where a business is concerned, there's no talk about "donations". Either you make a product and it sells, or you don't! The lesson for the company in this situation, is not to grovel for chump change, but go back to their market research and try harder.

This whole thing makes me laugh. We collectors are actively encouraged to be fans of these companies, but when as fans, we draw upon the rights (as fans) to criticise, UBER fans or even company reps remind us that " it's a business, and you customers don't, and never will, understand how / why we do the things we do"......case in point SIDESHOW.

What I would rather see from this company, is an open debate and lessons learnt on why the project isn't meeting their intended target. I actually believe that if they succeed through donations and well wishes, as a company they will be failing their "fans" or core customers in the long run. Delusion is never a good basis for a company strategy.

Sledge Hammer!
05-13-2015, 02:23 AM

HYMN
05-13-2015, 06:47 AM
For just $1, you can show your support....where's the love...:doh!:

Supporting is another thing. I want to say that Tsume must give priority to their production processes. There's to many delays for Tsume.

Liad
05-13-2015, 07:47 AM
When I see this, it seems very clear to me that they opened the kickstarter for the wrong reasons.

People should want to fund a kickstarter because they feel strongly for the project, not because the guys behind it are begging for money and making these long, sad speeches.

DrBoris
05-13-2015, 09:11 AM
There is a busy street corner they could stand on. I'll buy them the cardboard for the sign.

supermetroid
05-13-2015, 11:52 AM
Don't they have the DBZ license?

IXEC
05-13-2015, 02:27 PM
Don't they have the DBZ license?

Yes they do....