PDA

View Full Version : International Shipping

Thor57
06-01-2015, 01:48 PM
I wasnt sure where to put this, but seeing as how XM is an international company, maybe I will get an answer here.

Whats the best way to ship something International? I have a 27lb package, 31L18W15H and using UPS or FedEx is outrageous. I'm talking north of $500 USD. I mean, I paid like $150 for XM's Cap to come to me and that box is much larger than the one I'm sending. I know Simply Toys probably gets a hefty discount for being a business but christ all mighty thats a lot of money.

Also, has anyone heard of NEX Worldwide express? They gave me a good rate, but its a company I've never heard of so I'm not sure of that.

nbr3bagshotrow
06-01-2015, 01:56 PM
I always use USPS international priority.

Thor57
06-01-2015, 01:57 PM
The package is to big. To go to Singapore, the length plus girth cant be bigger than like 70 some odd inches, and mine is 90+.

Bmutha
06-01-2015, 02:00 PM
Usually FedEx, or a courier like that, is your only option.

nbr3bagshotrow
06-01-2015, 02:00 PM
The package is to big. To go to Singapore, the length plus girth cant be bigger than like 70 some odd inches, and mine is 90+.

Lol. I adjust the size down until it is accepted. Hasn't been an issue yet.

Thor57
06-01-2015, 02:01 PM
Uggg. I just checked all the FedEx, UPS and DHL routes and they are all just to much. I'm afraid I'm going to have to refund his money and tell him the sad news. Such a waste. My last hope is I've read USAA has a nice discount option with FedEx. So I called FedEx and gave them my account number and told them I was a USAA member. Waiting for their call back to see what that discount might be.

Thanks guys.

IXEC
06-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Uggg. I just checked all the FedEx, UPS and DHL routes and they are all just to much. I'm afraid I'm going to have to refund his money and tell him the sad news. Such a waste. My last hope is I've read USAA has a nice discount option with FedEx. So I called FedEx and gave them my account number and told them I was a USAA member. Waiting for their call back to see what that discount might be.

Thanks guys.

Don't worry, you can send your package through USPS.....just do it. I do, all the time with no problem.
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10378&m=6&p=27&o=0&dpb=0&mdt=2015/06/01%2014:00&dvi=100.00

actionjackson83
06-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Lol so you guys just lie about the package size and ship it?

IXEC
06-01-2015, 03:35 PM

Trust me, the USPS LOVES the business...:thumbs2:

Thor57
06-01-2015, 04:00 PM
I took mine to the post office and she declined it. How are you guys getting it through? She said it was a Singapore thing and they wouldn't accept it.

Thor57
06-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Should I adjust the dimensions on an online invoice and take it to another post office and just hope they don't measure it?

actionjackson83
06-01-2015, 04:09 PM
go to the big hub post office for your city, they usually have a bulk mail drop area, find the priority international mail bin and drop your box there and they won't measure it.

nbr3bagshotrow
06-01-2015, 04:18 PM
Well, it's not like I'm claiming 25 X 25 X 25 box as 10 X 10 X 10. If it's close I just gradually remove 1" per side and see if it's "acceptable". When I go to the post office I just drop it off where all the rest of the pre-paid packages are dropped off (not with an agent) and they end up shipped and delivered. I've done this maybe 4 times.

SDguy
06-01-2015, 04:20 PM
I've had packages refused by CA USPS TWICE now from within US sellers because they were off by a couple inches on the package size, even though they very much overestimated the weight...

IXEC
06-01-2015, 04:23 PM
Should I adjust the dimensions on an online invoice and take it to another post office and just hope they don't measure it?

Go on the USPS web site and request a "schedule a pick-up". Your Mail person will take it for delivery at your address.....
https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

Thor57
06-01-2015, 04:24 PM
You've done that before? I just tape all the customs forms all over the box I suppose?

IXEC
06-01-2015, 04:26 PM
I've had packages refused by CA USPS TWICE now from within US sellers because they were off by a couple inches on the package size, even though they very much overestimated the weight...

Do this, it works...
https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action

wanderlai
06-01-2015, 04:30 PM

We are guys...we all lie about the size of our package :thumbs2:

nbr3bagshotrow
06-01-2015, 04:33 PM
We are guys...we all lie about the size of our package :thumbs2:
:laugh:

IXEC
06-01-2015, 04:33 PM
You've done that before? I just tape all the customs forms all over the box I suppose?

I Ship USPS all over the Globe, all the time.

No, don't tape the custom forms on the package, you'll get in BIG trouble...you need one of these, their free online or go to the PO and ask for some. ......
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=1&productId=P_FORM_2976_E&categoryId=shipping-supplies

Thor57
06-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Don't worry, you can send your package through USPS.....just do it. I do, all the time with no problem.
http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10378&m=6&p=27&o=0&dpb=0&mdt=2015/06/01%2014:00&dvi=100.00

Okay, finally home from the gym and looked at that site. According to the GXG option, my total length plus girth can go up to 108 inches. I wonder why that lady at the PO didnt offer that to me instead of just saying "Nope, its to big. Bye."

IXEC
06-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Okay, finally home from the gym and looked at that site. According to the GXG option, my total length plus girth can go up to 108 inches. I wonder why that lady at the PO didnt offer that to me instead of just saying "Nope, its to big. Bye."

Because their lazy....and they work at the PO.

GXG is a rip-off....

Thor57
06-01-2015, 05:33 PM
GXG is still cheaper than any other option and allows me to legally ship within the parameters.

IXEC
06-01-2015, 05:36 PM
GXG is still cheaper than any other option and allows me to legally ship within the parameters.

It's your money...good luck...:)

Thor57
06-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Why do you feel GXG is a rip off? I understand it's more expensive than standard USPS but it's still $300 cheaper than the next option.

Here is my fear trying your way. I don't doubt it works in general, but I live in a small town. Very small. If I do the schedule a pick up with faulty numbers to get it through the system, it will go through the same lady at the same post office and she'll refuse it.

IXEC
06-01-2015, 06:34 PM
Why do you feel GXG is a rip off? I understand it's more expensive than standard USPS but it's still $300 cheaper than the next option.

Here is my fear trying your way. I don't doubt it works in general, but I live in a small town. Very small. If I do the schedule a pick up with faulty numbers to get it through the system, it will go through the same lady at the same post office and she'll refuse it.

It doesn't work like that. When you fill out the "schedule a pick-up order" that is the "official" record. When your postal person takes it off your porch, it's now "in the system" ( I would leave the postal person a note and tell them to Scan It when they take it off your porch ) and it's done....:thumbs2: