PDA

View Full Version : Koto ArchAngel Gets a Firey Ungrade

Faiyaz
06-19-2015, 01:35 AM
Well I not sure about most of you whos owned one but I found the original to be bland and it looked like poor workmanship dew to paint bleeding into the next. The base was totally unimaginative. If we looked at it realistically...what-would the result be if an Archangel were to set foot on Earth. Overall result...hope you like my vision of this event.

Pics are from what it looked like to what it is now.

Force of Nature
06-19-2015, 05:46 PM
Hi Faiyaz,

I am very impressed by this custom paintjob and think Archangel looks absolutely astonishing after the upgrade.

Great stuff! :buttrock:

Rainer

Nothing can stop The Juggernaut... NOTHING!

Faiyaz
06-19-2015, 07:21 PM
Thanks so much. It was a combo of my imagination and my friends skills to put my idea into being something of note. Ive never really showcased my stuff for anyone before but im glad you like it. Wait till you see the others. Ill be posting a completely smashed Witchblade statue and after my friends magic what it looks like now.

SONICobra
06-19-2015, 11:28 PM
very cool bro, I always appreciate a good custom! looking forward to more of your stuff :thumbs2:

Vecchio1
06-20-2015, 02:31 AM
The base is sweet. Is that dark blue or black on the uniform?

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 03:51 AM
Its a metallic blue. I wanted the original archangel colors. With more flair to it. If you think about it an Archangel is suppose to be an imposing creature not a blue man running/ flying around in a light blue leotard and wat I can only describe as multiple pink elastic bands all around him. I tried to bring out that the body of the being looked like the entire universe was contained within it and the red/pink depicting the energy holding it all together. Thus creating an Archangel something that watches everything and controls Life and Death. Ive attached more pics. Showing the original colors tried first was terrible. Then the metallic blue. The base as you can see I tried a few concepts for my friend to use. My idea of this is what would the scene be like if an archangel touched down. Everything would burn. .

gomur
06-20-2015, 05:35 AM
Its a metallic blue. I wanted the original archangel colors. With more flair to it. If you think about it an Archangel is suppose to be an imposing creature not a blue man running/ flying around in a light blue leotard and wat I can only describe as multiple pink elastic bands all around him. I tried to bring out that the body of the being looked like the entire universe was contained within it and the red/pink depicting the energy holding it all together. Thus creating an Archangel something that watches everything and controls Life and Death. Ive attached more pics. Showing the original colors tried first was terrible. Then the metallic blue. The base as you can see I tried a few concepts for my friend to use. My idea of this is what would the scene be like if an archangel touched down. Everything would burn. .

Waitasec, did you just diss my custom Archangel, Faiyaz? :inquisiti

Not sure what else to think with it in your post.

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90847&d=1434787734

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 06:18 AM
Pink and blue youve got to admit doesn't make for an imposing character. .

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 06:32 AM
I dont know who you are but if my archangel and yours is one and the same as in the one I purchased before customising I think we should take this privately as there is quite a bit I need to say. But once again I dont plan to offend anyone. I only know who I bought it from not the previous owner. I know he gave me the full run down of issues before I got him to strip it down to the koto paint underneath.

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 07:06 AM
If my statue and yours is one and the same sir please help me understand this...

gomur
06-20-2015, 07:13 AM
Faiyaz, I was confused because the last pic you used is my custom Archangel painted by Kenny. I took the pic myself... and the statue is 10 feet from me. :)

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=90847&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1434787734

Anyway, if you uploaded the wrong image then that answers that.

Your Archangel is quite unique. What color did you use for the wings? It's almost like a gunmetal grey but not as dark.

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry abt thatm yeah it is unique. Chrome was used believe it or not. We' re working on a new project Bowen Silver Surfer action pose in that chrome as well. I try to keep my stuff the way Isee it should look. Yes statues look great but sometimes the colors don't bring out their true potential. Sometimes its even the pose they are given nothing we can do abt that though.

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 08:21 AM
Ive purchased a few hard hero statues that I want to pop the heads off and create the other 3 horseman to match archangel. Then tackle the bowen apocalypse.

Vecchio1
06-20-2015, 06:50 PM
Yours looks great. The whole pink thing is your opinion. I think the comic book accuracy is a must.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t369/aavecchio1/69ba6f82-0e69-4bba-a033-d8658bd83bfb_zpsnt2fkp3t.jpg (http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/aavecchio1/media/69ba6f82-0e69-4bba-a033-d8658bd83bfb_zpsnt2fkp3t.jpg.html)

This be mine.

Faiyaz
06-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Thats why I have the bowen Archangel. There's my comic book accuracy. Would they have chosen that color for archangel if they had to create the comic in our times. It became iconic so they wud never change it unless in a different universe. They even poke fun at spandex in the new movies. Archangel is way too heavy for me to trust on glass. No matter how thick. Or id leave him on a glass shelf alone and thats just a waste. Im a fan of comic art. But they've lost a lot of the "magnitude of power" a character has. Wud u fear an archangel coming like the comic book. Or the way my customs look. Also I totally understand its four color but his wings are white in the comic or cartoon. Its metal. Its not white. Love your setup I have 3 of the four you have there. The one id give a kidney for is that jean grey. U know any1 that has one for sale?.

Vecchio1
06-21-2015, 01:19 AM
I will keep an eye out for you. Seen some decent prices on the bay couple days ago.

If you saw archangel coming, it'd be too late! Yea my glass shelves are reinforced heavy duty pegs and aluminum brackets.

Faiyaz
06-21-2015, 02:02 AM
Dude you have somd seriously sweet pieces in that collection. Some I have some I don't. Unfortunately until my display room is complete mine stays in boxes. If you ever think of selling any of yours pls let me know. Let me put it to u this way. Where u come from ur statues r rare but obtainable. Where I come from what we both have have is rarer and most ofthe time uunobtainable due to shipping restrictions. Hence I wont even chance reinforced glass for some of my statues

Vecchio1
06-22-2015, 12:54 AM
Dude you have somd seriously sweet pieces in that collection. Some I have some I don't. Unfortunately until my display room is complete mine stays in boxes. If you ever think of selling any of yours pls let me know. Let me put it to u this way. Where u come from ur statues r rare but obtainable. Where I come from what we both have have is rarer and most ofthe time uunobtainable due to shipping restrictions. Hence I wont even chance reinforced glass for some of my statues

i hear ya man. I still worry from time to time. I will keep you in mind if that day comes.

gomur
06-22-2015, 01:44 AM
I love seeing everyone's custom Archangel. Of all the X-Men, he had the most variation with artists using a range of pinks, magentas, blues, and purples in his costume.

As far as Faiyaz referencing the character's "magnitude of power", the last time I felt Archangel was genuinely frightening was his return in X-Force #4 (2008) after a lengthy hiatus.

http://pic.pimg.tw/uraniachang/4a93cce6a271c.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/13291/411438-137667-angel_400.jpg

Faiyaz
06-23-2015, 04:31 PM
Loving those pics. Yeah that's scary enuff yet I didn't find the statue appealing at all. Wasn't intimidating enough. I guess the base change also added to the effect I was going for. Burn let it all Burn