PDA

View Full Version : Artgerm Prints

Cyber-Lip
07-18-2015, 01:34 PM
Has anyone here been collecting Artgerm prints going back a few years? I have a question about the different papers he's used. A couple years ago at SDCC I could have sworn his prints had a pearly finish to them. I bought some from him this year and they were a more standard cardstock paper. Can anyone comment on the differences in the paper he's used over the last few years?

thecollector80
07-19-2015, 01:14 PM
well i got the artgerm vampirell print from sideshow and it's very thick cardstock with a velvety texture on the print side.

keewan
07-19-2015, 08:53 PM
well i got the artgerm vampirell print from sideshow and it's very thick cardstock with a velvety texture on the print side.

Pretty sure OP is talking about the A3 size prints Artgerm sells at cons not the SS prints.

thecollector80
07-19-2015, 09:41 PM
Pretty sure OP is talking about the A3 size prints Artgerm sells at cons not the SS prints.

oh i see.

OrangeCrush
10-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Has anyone here been collecting Artgerm prints going back a few years? I have a question about the different papers he's used. A couple years ago at SDCC I could have sworn his prints had a pearly finish to them. I bought some from him this year and they were a more standard cardstock paper. Can anyone comment on the differences in the paper he's used over the last few years?

It wouldn't surprise me in the least that Artgerm experimented with at least a couple different paper stocks over the years. I also have an early Artgerm print that has a pearl satin finish, while all of my other prints are more your basic paper. So I know he has used at least 2 different papers over the last few years. Just how many prints were created using that satin finish paper is a mystery. It might've just been a batch or 2 and maybe he decided he didn't like the overall look of that paper so he switched to a more standard paper.