PDA

View Full Version : XM Studios Harlequin - KNIGHT of the RISING SUN 1/4 Premium Statue

Pages : [1] 2

GrumpyBear
08-23-2015, 01:17 PM
"Sumimasen......XM Harlequin costume concept by kobe ........kawaii ne" XM FB

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11889582_1587408704813156_3787538061210137413_n.jpg?oh=e629fa9e4664a696a4fa893846468ee1&oe=5679982C
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11885267_1587408738146486_3847685255121555405_n.jpg?oh=7e5d217bb3031a59c263bd7fe04d035d&oe=567AE02E

grphyx1
08-23-2015, 01:20 PM
What is this? A demented punky Brewster?

Khufu
08-23-2015, 01:29 PM
Yikes scary...

qz33
08-23-2015, 01:30 PM
Don't know bout' that.

majestic1
08-23-2015, 02:18 PM
Hmm, not sure about this one, the Kawaii (cute) theme is a good idea but something looks off with this.

Swordsman
08-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Not kawaii at all...

Silverine
08-23-2015, 02:23 PM
"Sumimasen......XM Harlequin costume concept by kobe ........kawaii ne" XM FB

https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11889582_1587408704813156_3787538061210137413_n.jpg?oh=e629fa9e4664a696a4fa893846468ee1&oe=5679982C
https://scontent-fra3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/11885267_1587408738146486_3847685255121555405_n.jpg?oh=7e5d217bb3031a59c263bd7fe04d035d&oe=567AE02E

I can never win ! One day Grumpybear I will post before you!
That said I love this line concept finally something I have never seen before good work xm!

Mr. Machismo
08-23-2015, 02:27 PM
This is a huge miss... I'd consider going back to the drawing board completely on this one guys. That said, if you can somehow make it work...more power to you.

harley16
08-23-2015, 02:38 PM
So how much would this cost ? Like I like it but I'm waiting to hear what price it might've before I say I love it .sorry I never bought anything from this company before

GrumpyBear
08-23-2015, 02:54 PM

Good luck! ;)

UnicornPegasus
08-23-2015, 02:58 PM
Yikes. That's not awesome. Also, I can't stand "Harlequin" vs. the proper Harley Quinn.

Gyro Zeppeli
08-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Kawakunai. How horrifying lol.

It's funny how this is all Batman has become in general. Harley Quinn, Joker, Batman, Catwoman, and maybe Poison Ivy.

I like the idea of a Japanese schoolgirl look for her, but this is the first time I'm not convinced by their design. It will probably look better in statue form, but this one is too convoluted. For one thing, the weapon just doesn't work here. Maybe use a giant paper fan like they do in comedy anime or something? Have it made of metal and have spikes on it.

ambasah
08-23-2015, 03:47 PM
this will sell like hot cakes.

VS1976
08-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Really? Was hoping for the leather costume. The colors on this does not resemble Harley at all.

built2shred
08-23-2015, 04:05 PM
I'll give props to XM for coming up with unique designs, something that is not easy.... That said, with the exception of Batman they all seem to be to far off the mark from the originals...

I would never be able to tell that was Harley or Catwoman by just looking at the statues... Even Poison Ivy would be tough to recognize.... I really wanted to like this line but I think I'm going to pass, just too different..... Although these will probably sell like hot cakes in Asia....

But for the west customers I think it's to far off the mark

kevin2323
08-23-2015, 04:12 PM
I'll give props to XM for coming up with unique designs, something that is not easy.... That said, with the exception of Batman they all seem to be to far off the mark from the originals...

I would never be able to tell that was Harley or Catwoman by just looking at the statues... Even Poison Ivy would be tough to recognize.... I really wanted to like this line but I think I'm going to pass, just too different..... Although these will probably sell like hot cakes in Asia....

that's the thing that everyone on here forgets. this isnt for the western market. they dont have a license for the western markets so they are right on the mark with their audience.

risingstar
08-23-2015, 04:47 PM
that's the thing that everyone on here forgets. this isnt for the western market. they dont have a license for the western markets so they are right on the mark with their audience.

You're right. While I haven't been a fan of these Japanese outtakes, I nonetheless can see a market for them, especially in Asia where the sexualized schoolgirl look appears to be a more accepted artform.

XM development should trust its instincts and produce these and test the market. Ultimately, less reliance on the North American marketplace could be a blessing in disguise. The Asian market seems to love this type of design anyway. Historically, the sexualized schoolgirl thing hasn't typically been a hit in North America and may never be.

7th and Tef
08-23-2015, 04:56 PM
Sailor moon + joker = this ... Really :o

Demona
08-23-2015, 05:06 PM
Hmmmm....the other statue transformations I see, like, and appreciate. This just seems off. As opposed to keeping the origin of the character and morphing that, it seems they took every rendition of Harley and smashed her together. The school girl will sell, I just wish it would be tweaked a little. I have liked all of the other renditions of this line a lot.

IMO there are too many varying colors going on. Either do the red/black or red/navy. Not both. I would personally vote red/black as that was her original set of colors. Also, with four options for heads, perhaps you could tweak the hair style and/or colors. Hats, no bow....I'm sure the designers can think of something :)

And shock of shocks -- another Harley with a mallet.

kevin2323
08-23-2015, 05:25 PM
Hmmmm....the other statue transformations I see, like, and appreciate. This just seems off. As opposed to keeping the origin of the character and morphing that, it seems they took every rendition of Harley and smashed her together. The school girl will sell, I just wish it would be tweaked a little. I have liked all of the other renditions of this line a lot.

IMO there are too many varying colors going on. Either do the red/black or red/navy. Not both. I would personally vote red/black as that was her original set of colors. Also, with four options for heads, perhaps you could tweak the hair style and/or colors. Hats, no bow....I'm sure the designers can think of something :)

And shock of shocks -- another Harley with a mallet.

anyone else notice a lot of the villains ion this line are taking influence from the suicide squad look. (movie)

Synzaic
08-23-2015, 05:46 PM
Ya this is a HUGE miss. To be honest I don't even like how they have been doing the concept designes (different from previous xm statues)......the others are interesting but I feel this one is a dud.

The batman looks really cool, but I think attempting to fire off every single dc character in an Asian theme in the matter of a few months is a huge mistake.....

Plus will there be a normal dc line also? I can't do 20k in Asian themed dc characters then 20k in normal ones next year

kevin2323
08-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Ya this is a HUGE miss. To be honest I don't even like how they have been doing the concept designes (different from previous xm statues)......the others are interesting but I feel this one is a dud.

The batman looks really cool, but I think attempting to fire off every single dc character in an Asian theme in the matter of a few months is a huge mistake.....

Plus will there be a normal dc line also? I can't do 20k in Asian themed dc characters then 20k in normal ones next year

you guys need to read. there is NO normal license. DC told XM to do something new and different. that is what they are doing. maybe down the road this will lead to a full license. but right this is what it is. i think all the concepts are amazing for the market that they sell in............which hold on.........wait for it.............isnt AMERICA! lol

dechirico7
08-23-2015, 06:02 PM
None of these are for me.
I don't even know who would like these....
If they do like them overseas, they can keep them.

EnShinNoi
08-23-2015, 06:51 PM
The schoolgirl theme is a good fit. The mallet isn't needed. It's obviously Harley with or without it. Ideas to replace it with; An electric guitar, shinai or baseball bat. They're all synonymous with highschool Anime.

I think all these ideas would work better if XM went one step further and gave them Asian faces.

Cali604
08-23-2015, 09:48 PM
The schoolgirl theme is a good fit. The mallet isn't needed. It's obviously Harley with or without it. Ideas to replace it with; An electric guitar, shinai or baseball bat. They're all synonymous with highschool Anime.

I think all these ideas would work better if XM went one step further and gave them Asian faces.

No to Asian faces...

EnShinNoi
08-23-2015, 09:52 PM
No to Asian faces...
http://madbuzzhk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/disgusted-asian-face.jpg

AlizAbef
08-23-2015, 10:01 PM

Good luck! ;)

Silverine just give up now. You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:
http://addicted2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/computer-nerd.jpg

And this is Burning Rage over on the Sidshow board:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T5l4T1v6mz4/SeYsdyl-LgI/AAAAAAAABmM/P5yCHMZobKk/s320/internet+loser.png

These two have unmatched thread credit talent.

Peedi
08-23-2015, 10:05 PM
I was put off by this at first but I think the school girl look fits. Since every character represents a different Asian inspired look I'm not sure what would've fit Harley better. I think people are thrown off by the color choices. If she was overall more red/blue or red/black people would accept this better.

Batman is still the best though.

Maybe it would've been interesting if instead of different Asian styled Batman characters this was instead a JL series in Asian warlord looks like Batman, each armored design tailored to fit the different JL members. Wonder Woman, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Aquaman especially would've lent well to accompanying this look with XM Batman.

Freak_Zombie
08-23-2015, 10:33 PM
I love it! But I concur, a baseball (maybe with spikes?) would suit her more just cause it's more prominent in Japan to wield that as a weapon.

Comicbookguy
08-23-2015, 11:26 PM
wow! This looks awesome! The faces are new and fits her very well!

Gyro Zeppeli
08-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Getting really tired of the complete lack of constructive criticism. Two seconds of research should tell you this isn't for the Western market and also that they do not have the regular license. Constant complaints about how this isn't ANOTHER generic statue of a Batman character is a complete waste of time.

50% of the posts here are something like "this does not appeal to ME, and it really SHOULD or else XM messed up. I don't care for this or ANY of them, but I'll post here anyway for my e-credit!"

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are more concerned about raising your post number than you are the quality of your posts. I can probably copy and paste some people's posts from each of these threads and show off how they all say the exact same thing slightly altered.

Just ignore these threads if they don't appeal to you. If you don't care, we shouldn't care about your lack of concern.

You're right. While I haven't been a fan of these Japanese outtakes, I nonetheless can see a market for them, especially in Asia where the sexualized schoolgirl look appears to be a more accepted artform.

XM development should trust its instincts and produce these and test the market. Ultimately, less reliance on the North American marketplace could be a blessing in disguise. The Asian market seems to love this type of design anyway. Historically, the sexualized schoolgirl thing hasn't typically been a hit in North America and may never be.

Instead they just prefer sexualized non school girls in the West :doh!:

I'm sorry, but if you can't tell who this is the second you saw the picture then it's probably you lacking knowledge of the character and not XM. Same with Poison Ivy and Joker. Only one I could see someone trip up on is Catwoman, and even then I think that's an exaggeration.

majestic1
08-24-2015, 04:59 AM
I'm warming to this concept, I think the character design is a good fit for Harley.

The violent/psychotic Japanese school girl theme reminds me of Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill.

Silverine
08-24-2015, 05:01 AM
Silverine just give up now. You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:

And this is Burning Rage over on the Sidshow board:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_T5l4T1v6mz4/SeYsdyl-LgI/AAAAAAAABmM/P5yCHMZobKk/s320/internet+loser.png

These two have unmatched thread credit talent.
Haha :)

The Mule
08-24-2015, 05:30 AM
This is the first time I completely dislike an XM's concept. I'm not 100% sold on Yakuza Joker either, but that one could work... on Harley, I think it's completely off mark.
It's not the theme itself, schoolgirl Harley has been done multiple times. John Ficchi did a custom schoolgirl Harley (starting from the PF I think), and it was sold for something like 2000$.
So it's not the theme, but this doesn't seem to work, probably because I can't see it pairing up well with Joker. There's a lot of japanese tradition that can be used for an oriental Harley (female demons, for example), this is one of the last designs I'd pull honestly.

built2shred
08-24-2015, 09:45 AM
I'm sorry, but if you can't tell who this is the second you saw the picture then it's probably you lacking knowledge of the character and not XM. Same with Poison Ivy and Joker. Only one I could see someone trip up on is Catwoman, and even then I think that's an exaggeration.

You shouldn't get so butt hurt over peoples opinions.... :)

I think there are two ways of doing this, Option One is taking the original characters and just giving them a slight Asian theme and then there's the Option Two which is creating something completely unique with very little connection to the original... IMO it seems XM went with option 2, with the exception Batman which seems more like option 1

It's all moot anyways since this is being made for the Asian Market and not the Western Market... I was only giving some possible insight into why Westerners might not like them so much...

Sharkey
08-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Getting really tired of the complete lack of constructive criticism. Two seconds of research should tell you this isn't for the Western market and also that they do not have the regular license. Constant complaints about how this isn't ANOTHER generic statue of a Batman character is a complete waste of time.

50% of the posts here are something like "this does not appeal to ME, and it really SHOULD or else XM messed up. I don't care for this or ANY of them, but I'll post here anyway for my e-credit!"

Sometimes I wonder if you guys are more concerned about raising your post number than you are the quality of your posts. I can probably copy and paste some people's posts from each of these threads and show off how they all say the exact same thing slightly altered.

Just ignore these threads if they don't appeal to you. If you don't care, we shouldn't care about your lack of concern.

Instead they just prefer sexualized non school girls in the West :doh!:

THANK YOU!!

Seriously, why the hell does everyone feel the need to bash and spam these threads if you're not interested in it?! There are plenty of things out there that we don't agree with, doesn't mean you need to go blabbing on incecently about it. Let your silence speak for itself.

Not only is it incredibly annoying, but it makes it a pain to actually read these threads for useful information (both for us and the studios).

Synzaic
08-24-2015, 10:03 AM
you guys need to read. there is NO normal license. DC told XM to do something new and different. that is what they are doing. maybe down the road this will lead to a full license. but right this is what it is. i think all the concepts are amazing for the market that they sell in............which hold on.........wait for it.............isnt AMERICA! lol

.......im from......wait for it.....hold on......from canada

Wow everyone has their panties in a big bunch for this one huh?

Do you LIKE the harley quin preview? .....do you?

Demona
08-24-2015, 10:04 AM
So, because I am interested in these, and like all the other designs -- I am allowed to provide constructive criticism?

Because I just thought of a change of head idea! How about a head with her wearing one of the animal hats that have the mittens attached? The animal could be a hyena. Fits with the young girl theme and pay homage to her orgin on BTAS.

I seriously hope for the red/black colors. The skirt could be white, the shirt black with a red bra. Catholic school girl-esque and again, homage to her original look.

Also, perhaps more hints to her hating Batman. Maybe have him hanging by a noose on the end of her hammer? Defaced Bat-symbol pins on her skirt?

GrumpyBear
08-24-2015, 11:54 AM
You'll never beat GrumpyBear to win thread credit. This is who you're up against:

Haha. :thumbs2:

Armored_Berserk
08-24-2015, 11:58 AM
oh god please nooooo

Not the movie version!!! I hate the Harley Quinn with blue and pink hair! It's the worst design ever!!!

UnicornPegasus
08-24-2015, 02:26 PM
My husband is playing Sunset Overdrive and just got to the part with the Las Catrinas, and this character really reminds me of this Harley Quinn:

http://img14.deviantart.net/5e80/i/2014/211/b/0/las_catrinas_character_design_sunset_overdrive_by_leeroyvanilla-d7szh78.jpg

For obvious reasons.

Demona
08-24-2015, 02:28 PM
oh god please nooooo

Not the movie version!!! I hate the Harley Quinn with blue and pink hair! It's the worst design ever!!!

While I do agree, I just wanted to put it more subtly in my previous posts ;)

GrumpyBear
08-24-2015, 02:47 PM
We are now at the 5th statue from the new Batman line and people still talk about "Why it can´t look like the comics"..... no words.

Thor57
08-24-2015, 03:11 PM
This thread is hilarious.

So if you dont like something, you're not allowed to comment? Gtfo with that garbage.

Sorry for your luck, but voicing displeasure with a lot of other XM statues is what got them to change some things on prior releases. XM has stated numerous times they welcome criticism. Nobody in here has been unfair. In actuality, most posts have been simple "this isn't for me" or "I'm not really a fan of the art direction."

I don't recall reading any "Animated series costume or bust" comments. Those telling the naysayers to settle down should probably look in the mirror.

Thor57
08-24-2015, 03:11 PM
That wasn't directed at you Grumpy. Just the thread in general.

GrumpyBear
08-24-2015, 03:15 PM
That wasn't directed at you Grumpy. Just the thread in general.

Anything ok, no problem. :thumbs2:

Armored_Berserk
08-24-2015, 04:06 PM
We are now at the 5th statue from the new Batman line and people still talk about "Why it can´t look like the comics"..... no words.

I don't want it to looks like exactly like the comics...but i certainly doesn't want it to like the Suicide Squad movie!

Rocksteady succeeded to give Harley an original look , i believe XM Studio could too.

I will follow this thread to see the changes made, but if it looks like that, i won't buy it.

GrumpyBear
08-24-2015, 05:05 PM
I don't want it to looks like exactly like the comics...but i certainly doesn't want it to like the Suicide Squad movie!

Rocksteady succeeded to give Harley an original look , i believe XM Studio could too.

I will follow this thread to see the changes made, but if it looks like that, i won't buy it.

It´s ok, but if you can´t use black/red for HQ you need to find another coloring.

Maybe not Batman, but all other 4 statues from the line are just concept arts at the moment. Good chance to see a change before they are finished.

Cali604
08-24-2015, 05:38 PM
I'm not a huge fan of movie character/looks but I think Harley's look for Suicide Squad looks good. I think when the colours are tinkered with and adjustments made this will look much better

I am sure XM is looking for constructive criticism and even if people are saying they arent into it its saying something to XM (Without actually saying what they dont like about it so leaving it pretty vague in that sense) but there were some that got kinda nasty and that got people offended. I dont think thats necessary or adds anything.

If you dont like the Asian theme or the departure from the Classical look...constantly repeating that over and over doesnt help, becuz that is the direction it is going. Opt out then. But if you are still somewhat interested and want to help it become something you are more interested in then offer suggestions on how it could improve.

Comicbookguy
08-24-2015, 07:25 PM
My husband is playing Sunset Overdrive and just got to the part with the Las Catrinas, and this character really reminds me of this Harley Quinn:

http://img14.deviantart.net/5e80/i/2014/211/b/0/las_catrinas_character_design_sunset_overdrive_by_leeroyvanilla-d7szh78.jpg

For obvious reasons.

This reminds me of that video game Bikini chainsaw or whatever it was called. :wink2:

SDguy
08-24-2015, 07:34 PM
I love the Suicide Squad movie look for Harley!! I'm right, and no one else can say anything!! :battherapy: :D :D

But this design isn't that... the pigtails are the only aspect of this design that resemble the movie look even remotely. So why even the comparison?

Sailor Moon meets kawaii harajuku?

Anyway, for this concept, I think it is way too busy.... colors don't match or compliment each other at all, anywhere (where is that blue and white skirt coming from)?? Go crazy with clothes and accessories if you want, but tie them together with color. (OG Harley had only 3 colors... red, black, white, so I'd reel it in!!).

And FWIW, I'm enough of a Harley fan that if this turned out amazing, I would easily get it as a stand alone piece.

Synzaic
08-24-2015, 09:22 PM
It´s ok, but if you can´t use black/red for HQ you need to find another coloring.

Maybe not Batman, but all other 4 statues from the line are just concept arts at the moment. Good chance to see a change before they are finished.

Why can't they use black and red, is this info confirmed?

Are they not allowed to use black for batman? Will he be orange?

Synzaic
08-24-2015, 09:27 PM
Should look more like this

Swordsman
08-24-2015, 09:54 PM
This reminds me of that video game Bikini chainsaw or whatever it was called. :wink2:

http://www.bloodywhisper.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/JBeq4sR.jpg

lollipop chainsaw - crappy game.

Demona
08-25-2015, 08:09 AM
I was also confused on the comment of "can't use black/red"

I don't believe there were color restrictions, just costume design restrictions. If colors were off the table then NONE of these designs would fly.

GrumpyBear
08-25-2015, 08:45 AM
Why can't they use black and red, is this info confirmed?

Are they not allowed to use black for batman? Will he be orange?

Just logical thinking at the moment? :thumbs2:

Peedi
08-25-2015, 12:46 PM
I understand people not liking this particular design but this isn't supposed to be the classic or familiar look for Harley so anybody looking for that here isn't going to find that. I think the colors could be just a little a bit more uniform with red and blue (blue from her modern comics look instead of black) but we can't expect this to be a familiar looking Harley when that's not the intent to begin with...there's a SS PF and DC Direct Museum for classic Harley.

The costume design works successfully for what they wanted to portray with this look for Harley but the digital art almost looks like it came from the MyIdol app just a smaller head.

majestic1
08-25-2015, 02:05 PM
My suggestions :

- Don't have so many colours, the multi-coloured Bow in her hair, Bracelets and badges are too much, just stick with Red & Black or Pink & Blue.

- Have her hair straighter and hanging down over her face like the typical Japanese horror girl look (Samara from the Ring) and have Harley with a demented grin on her face, still keep the two tone colours in the hair though.
http://i62.tinypic.com/w9gqk1.jpghttp://i57.tinypic.com/muc4kl.jpg

- Have her posed with her hands behind her back in a cute innocent pose but she still has her mallet behind her.

Take some inspiration from the best Japanese psycho school girl film ever made, Battle Royale.

http://i57.tinypic.com/23mu5bo.jpghttp://i62.tinypic.com/osd7a8.jpg

loricstone
08-25-2015, 03:33 PM
Good suggestions Majestic

davide87ita
04-22-2016, 03:10 AM
Thx to DarthChrisDK fb

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13077056_1032311713524910_2694650942485336378_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c41589a0ac58cece8c3e2c3fe378bce5&oe=57A39546

Comicbookguy
04-22-2016, 03:44 AM
Like if xm can pull off the face looking this good as the pic.

majestic1
04-22-2016, 04:12 AM
Looks like another case of the base overwhelming and taking the spotlight off the main character.

GrumpyBear
04-22-2016, 04:21 AM
Looks like another case of the base overwhelming and taking the spotlight off the main character.

Depends on the coloring. ;)

ambasah
04-22-2016, 07:25 AM
neat concept but not for me.

Demona
04-22-2016, 08:23 AM
That tattoos on Harley are about the only thing I like on that piece. I just don't get how it's Harley translated to the theme. But if XM can pull off that All-American style girl next door face, I will be impressed and know that their ability to paint female faces has grown exponentially.

And is the idea that SHE and Joker created that statue?

Color me confused.

AC_808
04-22-2016, 08:47 AM
Hmmm ...still digesting the concept art. No comments for now ....

generalzodlives
04-22-2016, 08:52 AM
This one and Joker are worse concepts than the original for me.

loricstone
04-22-2016, 09:49 AM
This one and Joker are worse concepts than the original for me.

For me that Harley first concept was damn near worse than the Spider Gwen concept. This is a huge step up IMO....although....as I said before....just like Emma Frost...Harley is a really, really boring character in statue form.

Emma and Harley = a match made in dull character heaven.

SDguy
04-22-2016, 09:50 AM
So is she standing on a statue of Joker?

davide87ita
04-22-2016, 10:21 AM
Seems to me a japanese priestess and an oni joker

SDguy
04-22-2016, 10:25 AM

That's a pretty cool concept, actually, IMO.

Demona
04-22-2016, 10:30 AM
For me that Harley first concept was damn near worse than the Spider Gwen concept. This is a huge step up IMO....although....as I said before....just like Emma Frost...Harley is a really, really boring character in statue form.

Emma and Harley = a match made in dull character heaven.

Emma -- yes. Harley -- no.

Wow. This logic, which I'm sure is correct, made this piece much better :laugh: Thanks, Davide!

SDguy
04-22-2016, 10:34 AM
Emma -- yes. Harley -- no.

Wow. This logic, which I'm sure is correct, made this piece much better :laugh: Thanks, Davide!

Yup

and

Yup!

dechirico7
04-22-2016, 10:38 AM
Harley giving a peace sign in a kimino with a Joker statue smelling her butt? I don't get it. I am still on the search for a good Harley 1/4 scale. Priestess, Oni what?

davide87ita
04-22-2016, 10:56 AM
Harley giving a peace sign in a kimino with a Joker statue smelling her butt? I don't get it. I am still on the search for a good Harley 1/4 scale. Priestess, Oni what?

The temple priestess is for the kimono of harley like the one of kikyo in inuyasha

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/inuyasha/images/e/e7/Kikyo055.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110831014906

and for the oni is joker who is similar to one or to be more precise to a temple guardian

http://www.btrts.org.sg/images/temple/storeys/Garbhavira_right.jpg

yipkusing
04-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Thx to DarthChrisDK fb

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13077056_1032311713524910_2694650942485336378_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c41589a0ac58cece8c3e2c3fe378bce5&oe=57A39546

That pose is no good. Looks just like a letter "h" shape.

ReplicantSavior
04-22-2016, 12:02 PM
Sometimes you have immediate thoughts. Which can be good or bad. Depending on who you are. Other times you can look at something, give it some time and thought to what's going on and see why a designer made the choice they made.

With this new concept of Harley, my immediate thought was that it was too sexual with the Joker behind her. I didn't know how DC was going to approve that. And her concept reminded me of a Mai Shiranui statue by Max Factory. She's a fighting game videogame character for those not in the know. Both poses are very provocative.

But then I looked more at this XM concept and I think Harley is supposed to be standing in front of a Kabuki statue that just happens to be designed like the Joker. And it's almost like she's having someone take a photo of her in front of it. It might be a good concept when finished.

Redpower
04-22-2016, 12:48 PM
this will be nice, keep your touch xm

Restinpieces
04-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Thx to DarthChrisDK fb

Looks like whoever is behind her is looking up her skirt.

Weird.

Silverine
04-22-2016, 02:00 PM
Looks like whoever is behind her is looking up her skirt.

Weird.

thats me you got me

nearmint
04-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Thx to DarthChrisDK fb

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but how can her left leg be positioned like that if she's bending over at the waist in the other direction?

Restinpieces
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM
thats me you got me

:hilarious: :hilarious: :hilarious:

Demona
04-22-2016, 02:15 PM
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but how can her left leg be positioned like that if she's bending over at the waist in the other direction?

I was so distracted by the rest of the piece (including those shoes!) and didn't see notice that. You are sooo right.

In fact, it almost looks like that part of her leg is detached from her body in the image.

SONICobra
04-22-2016, 03:00 PM
im sure it will work itself out when they go to sculpt it. I like this concept much more than the first

Gyro Zeppeli
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
I think I preferred the previous concept, but I really like this one too. The giant Joker is awesome lol.

Also I'm pretty sure Joker is styled after the god Raijin. He looks to have the drums as well as the cloth too. This is going to be a really cool statue when fully realized.

Wah
04-22-2016, 04:12 PM
i preferred the previous concept. this one doesn't rock my boat in the least.

Gyro Zeppeli
04-22-2016, 04:22 PM
The Joker is the best part of this one imo. Just having that by itself would be awesome. So much personality in the pose and face.Harley's face is great too. This one is going to be amazing, but it's a shame I'll never get it because it won't come out here and I'm not paying those prices.

dechirico7
04-23-2016, 09:19 AM
I am just confused. I don't get why she is bent over like that, giving a peace sign. If a child taking a photo of here?

Silverine
04-23-2016, 09:36 AM
I am just confused. I don't get why she is bent over like that, giving a peace sign. If a child taking a photo of here?

it fits her character, she is crazy! :)

SDguy
04-23-2016, 09:46 AM

How else does one lean on their bat? ;)

leonaptx4869
04-23-2016, 09:49 AM

she found a sight spot looks like joker in japan, so she asked someone to take a pic of her, giving the peace pose. sounds about right? :D

ukshaun
07-15-2016, 11:24 AM

Heh - the leg on the right (her 'supposed' left leg) looks like it does not belong to her, given the position it is in.

MIKA28
07-19-2016, 10:04 AM
More detail or pics ?

davide87ita
10-05-2016, 12:46 AM
From xm fb

"Xm Harlequin work in progress...."

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14542374_1748667318687293_7616889900026465777_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

built2shred
10-05-2016, 01:16 AM
They need to go back to the drawing board, I do not like this pose at all..... her legs are just wonky looking with all the twists in them..

nearmint
10-05-2016, 02:56 AM
It's not really working for me, either.

majestic1
10-05-2016, 03:41 AM
I don't think the Miley Cyrus version of Harley will be very popular.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2d018bt.jpg

GrumpyBear
10-05-2016, 03:44 AM
Just wait for the sculpt, paint and different heads. ;)

ukshaun
10-05-2016, 03:51 AM
Looks worse than Witchblade

Demona
10-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Yea. This is falling flat. I HATE that she is sticking her tongue out. Aside from the Miley connection, it is also too much like Sideshow's version.

I like the tattoo. I don't even mind the outfit. But the pose and face design (even though I'm sure we will get another) are not working.

Ivy has crushed almost all reveals for me other than Batman.

NorthernLadMSP
10-05-2016, 07:58 AM
I don't see any similarities at all with Sideshow's version, but I do agree it is not good. This one needs to be re-worked badly.

Demona
10-05-2016, 09:28 AM
You don't see any similarities that both portraits have their tongues sticking out? None? None at all? :peoples:

Is it because one is "angry" and the other is "trying to hard to be sexy Miley" because either way I'm just not feeling it.

NorthernLadMSP
10-05-2016, 09:37 AM
I guess that is one similarity. Other than that, no.

But yeah, not feeling this at all.

Killer Instinct
10-05-2016, 01:41 PM
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/fr/cp0/e15/q65/14542374_1748667318687293_7616889900026465777_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

You guys are tripping, not every piece has to be something you love because everyone has different tastes.

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Joker and if you want their new Batman. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.

Now if you have constructive criticism then say EXACTLY what you don't like about it and not be so vague. XM can't read minds you know. lol

I hope they don't change it cause it's actually done very well.

nearmint
10-05-2016, 01:45 PM

You guys are tripping, not every piece has to be something you love because everyone has different tastes.

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Batman and Joker. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.

Who said anything about a plain Jane version? They hit it out of the park with Batman, Catwoman, and Ivy, but they're striking out with this one.

I assume they post this stuff to get feedback. I don't think we're "tripping" to give them our honest opinion, with the hope that they'll make it better.

SONICobra
10-05-2016, 01:50 PM
doesnt scream harley to me, just not feeling it

catwoman was a grand slam, reimagined but still retaining all of the what makes the character unique

NorthernLadMSP
10-05-2016, 01:55 PM

I like it and XM Studios is making this a companion piece with the Japanese Joker and if you want their new Batman. If you ain't into it then buy something else, but don't say you dislike if you think they are going to make a plain Jane version to your liking.

Now if you have constructive criticism then say EXACTLY what you don't like about it and not be so vague. XM can't read minds you know. lol

Until you become a Mod here, don't dictate what I can or can't say on a piece.

I was trying to be nice by saying I don't feel it, but you want specifics, so here you go:

The pose is awkward
The face is, as others have said, very Miley Cyrus (which is not a good thing)
Can't stand the peace sign
Her legs look too short
Based on the photo, the tattoo looks more like a skin disease or scales

The more I look at it, the more it looks like she's smiling with her tongue out because she just bent over to fart in someone's face.

Demona
10-05-2016, 01:57 PM

Personally, I think it said it very clearly. I like the tattoo and the costume design. However, the pose they have her in and the facial expression (despite knowing there will be a COH) are not working.

To be MORE specific -- her leg looks out of socket. She has none of the cutesy crazy in the face. She looks like a cosplayer Harley.

I think that is constructive. Never have I asked for status quo.

Oh and I hope the colors are RED AND BLACK. Not this blue business from new 52 and SS. Icky.

Killer Instinct
10-05-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm glad I posted what I did cause it brings people out to say what they truly feel. Much better specifically stating what you don't like about it than disliking it in a general way so XM gets no feedback on how to change it if they want to.

So my post did it's job :thinking:

I don't see why everyone needs to think Miley Cyrus was the inspiration of the face, lol. You guys should know by now how Harley Quinn acts.

If she has this peace sign in her hand standing next to the Joker piece which has him standing above dead bodies kinda makes light of the situation which show's how their characters are in actuality.

But I am the minority clearly here so XM shouldn't listen to me but I am damn glad I said what I said to bring you guys out of your shell and speak specifics. We're humans, not mind readers.

I still won't let others change my opinion. Cause I'm entitled to it just like you.

I would like for the bat she has or whatever weapon it is to have blood on it.

Demona
10-05-2016, 02:27 PM
It didn't really for me because I had already stated what I liked/didn't :laugh: Some people are vague, but a great deal of us on here are not.

And XM should read your opinions too. Anybody who voices clear, non-confrontational, constructive and within reason comments should have a voice. For example, I agree the bat needs some detail. I'm sure it will have something on it and this is just to get opinions on Harley.

Now I'm torn as to if I would like to see her hair to be solid color blocks -- or blonde hair with dyed tips? Without the blonde it could be a LOT of red and black.

Killer Instinct
10-05-2016, 02:38 PM
Until you become a Mod here, don't dictate what I can or can't say on a piece.

Where do you get off assuming I am telling you to say or don't say something about the piece. Constructive criticism is a word I used and you took it out of context.

Or when I said the word "Exactly" you assumed you think I was trying to dictate your opinion about the piece.

You can say anything you want my friend because where I come from we have a little something called "Freedom of Speech".

And you couldn't pay me to be a moderator on this forum, I have better things to do with my time.

Nidgit
10-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Well I am a moderator here, and I'm going to strongly suggest you guys stop the bickering.

Damn. Is there something in the water today :sly2:

dechirico7
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
There is no aspect of this piece that I like. The portraits are decent but the rest is too frumpy. There is no sex appeal with that baggy kimono. The pose is bad. I think the combo of the pose and kimono are not working here, at all. I get the attitude they are going for, it is just over kill here.

loricstone
10-05-2016, 04:07 PM
This may come as a surprise to some, but, currently, I am not feeling this at all...and here is the main reason why I say that.

HARLEY IS A BORING CHARACTER TO DO IN STATUE FORM!!! Just.....boring! She's got no special abilities except being Joker's walkover carpet.

If XM decides to shelve this character and do Two-Face instead, I would be more than happy.

I think the face is pretty nice, but, just not feeling the character. Maybe if they had Harley sitting on a chair in a joint pose with the Joker....eh....I can't even think of anything remotely appealing in a pose for her. I just can't. No company to this day has done her justice IMO...and it's not really their fault. Harley is similar to Emma Frost to me...they are just dull characters to make statues of. Emma Frost less so because she at least has ability to turn her skin into diamond toughness, but companies seem scared to touch that part of her ability. Harley....she's just....BLAAAAAHHHHH.....:spam:

nearmint
10-05-2016, 04:13 PM
This may come as a surprise to some, but, currently, I am not feeling this at all...and here is the main reason why I say that.

HARLEY IS A BORING CHARACTER TO DO IN STATUE FORM!!! Just.....boring! She's got no special abilities except being Joker's walkover carpet.

If XM decides to shelve this character and do Two-Face instead, I would be more than happy.

I think the face is pretty nice, but, just not feeling the character. Maybe if they had Harley sitting on a chair in a joint pose with the Joker....eh....I can't even think of anything remotely appealing in a pose for her. I just can't. No company to this day has done her justice IMO...and it's not really their fault. Harley is similar to Emma Frost to me...they are just dull characters to make statues of. Emma Frost less so because she at least has ability to turn her skin into diamond toughness, but companies seem scared to touch that part of her ability. Harley....she's just....BLAAAAAHHHHH.....:spam:

I see what you're saying, but there are nice Harley statues out there that represent the character much better than this one.

loricstone
10-05-2016, 04:14 PM
Looks worse than Witchblade

I'm sorry...but Witchblade is a stellar statue and can be seen in physical form. Harley is a concept that has been worked on a long time and gone many reworks...so that should tell you something.

For the record, I think companies want to play with her zaniness too much instead of wait for it.....showing her psychotic, ruthless nature because she does have that as well.

XM...my opinion here....instead of going for a non-functional lean on bat pose with a goofy look to boot, try making her more maniacal and ruthless with her getting ready to take a swing at something, and then have a switch out with her holding a gun with a joker like prop coming out of it or something.

Play with her ruthless nature and not her goofy nature.

loricstone
10-05-2016, 04:18 PM
I see what you're saying, but there are nice Harley statues out there that represent the character much better than this one.

I agree there are statues that better represent Harley, but what I'm saying is that HARLEY JUST SUCKS AS A STATUE! She's boring. In the video games or movies, she is much more interesting because of her mentality which can be brought to the screen much easier.

THE SS statue....pfft....the Prime 1 statue.....pfft (although the actual sculpt and details is great), DC statue w/ hyenas from about 6 years ago....maybe the best representation I have seen of her...but still...meh.

The best thing I have seen of Harley is SS's 1/6 action figure line, but they still need to have a sinister head for her.

Demona
10-05-2016, 04:21 PM
My dream Harley would be wonderfully made by XM, however they are stuck using the Japanese theme.

My dream piece, which I think is pure Harley, is her walking the hyenas with a pop-gun in her hand. The hyenas could have shreds of torn cape in their mouth -- or better yet, Joker suit (take that Mr. J!). Change of heads can show her being evil, laughing or perhaps blowing a bubblegum bubble :)

Instead of a popgun, she could have a bazooka lol

Sorry, that was a thread derail.

Boller
10-05-2016, 04:21 PM
I saw this posted on xm's facebook yesterday and just glancing at it, it seemed off. The more I looked the more off it seemed to get. I think it might be because of the pose. It seems really awkward.

Gyro Zeppeli
10-05-2016, 04:27 PM
This one is really cute. I'm liking it a lot more than the previous concept.

loricstone
10-05-2016, 04:31 PM
Frikkin hell! I just got my XM Sandman statue and was getting ready to register her until I got stopped by looking at the new facebook posts today.

Now I'm frikkin pissed after seeing this Harley and the almost unimpressive (IMO) gorilla like leaping SS Venom! Not to mention no mention of any new MOTU characters from SS! THank God I was able to see the super duper impressive BANE and receive my awesome Sandman statue. Time to get back to setting him up.

Pics and review coming later. Sorry for the rants...Harley just drives me a little batty (pun intended).:angrycm:

Vracula
10-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Terrrible. That peace sign is ugh! I hate those bishoujo statues and this is just like one of them.

built2shred
10-05-2016, 04:43 PM
Specifically why I don't like this statue is because it looks like she has broken hips, like an old lady using her cane.

For me it just doesn't work.... If others like it, more power to ya...

Killer Instinct
10-05-2016, 04:44 PM
My dream piece, which I think is pure Harley, is her walking the hyenas with a pop-gun in her hand. The hyenas could have shreds of torn cape in their mouth -- Change of heads can show her being evil, laughing or perhaps blowing a bubblegum bubble :)

Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

It's a shame XM will probably go back to the drawing board with this piece, the only thing I could add would be her bashing someone on the ground to be a perfect companion piece to the Joker while he stands there laughing. I like the tattoos on her arm but would prefer to see it in color form before I critic it (Must be Japanese style Tattoos). They obviously went the cutie route but I don't see why that's a bad thing from the leg pose to her leaning forward seductively. The peace sign is the only thing that throws me off but I can appreciate it as if this was standing next to the Joker standing over dead bodied is what would symbolize the characters attitude which I completely agree with. Her sticking out her tongue is also what I expect but a menacing laugh on her face while she is pounding someone with a bloody bat would be a better route for me. So I may be the minority in how I feel but I'm also thinking XM will produce another regular version of Harley Quinn that people will love so let them have some freedom in this Japanese series lineup.

One thing I don't understand is someone talking over and over about this piece when they clearly said they don't even like the Harley Quinn character. Does that make sense?

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?

ukshaun
10-05-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm sorry...but Witchblade is a stellar statue and can be seen in physical form. Harley is a concept that has been worked on a long time and gone many reworks...so that should tell you something.

For the record, I think companies want to play with her zaniness too much instead of wait for it.....showing her psychotic, ruthless nature because she does have that as well.

XM...my opinion here....instead of going for a non-functional lean on bat pose with a goofy look to boot, try making her more maniacal and ruthless with her getting ready to take a swing at something, and then have a switch out with her holding a gun with a joker like prop coming out of it or something.

Play with her ruthless nature and not her goofy nature.

Witchblade could have been great. For the moment she looks ok. Great base though.
In her current state, i have no interest.

loricstone
10-05-2016, 06:06 PM
Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

It's a shame XM will probably go back to the drawing board with this piece, the only thing I could add would be her bashing someone on the ground to be a perfect companion piece to the Joker while he stands there laughing. I like the tattoos on her arm but would prefer to see it in color form before I critic it (Must be Japanese style Tattoos). They obviously went the cutie route but I don't see why that's a bad thing from the leg pose to her leaning forward seductively. The peace sign is the only thing that throws me off but I can appreciate it as if this was standing next to the Joker standing over dead bodied is what would symbolize the characters attitude which I completely agree with. Her sticking out her tongue is also what I expect but a menacing laugh on her face while she is pounding someone with a bloody bat would be a better route for me. So I may be the minority in how I feel but I'm also thinking XM will produce another regular version of Harley Quinn that people will love so let them have some freedom in this Japanese series lineup.

One thing I don't understand is someone talking over and over about this piece when they clearly said they don't even like the Harley Quinn character. Does that make sense?

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?

Just call me out why don'tcha...even though you misconstrued my words a little.

I never said I don't like the Harley character (or maybe I did...but that's not entirely true), I said I don't like the character as a statue (at least not yet) because she is depicted in a pretty boring manner.

I appreciate the character in movies and specifically the Arkham Batman games.

I can get behind the pose and face you mentioned. That would work much better for myself as well...maybe to the point of me actually...gasp....buying a Harley statue for once.:D

NorthernLadMSP
10-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I think the best Harley statue so far is the Prime 1.

Though, I don't collect 1/3 scale, so it was a pass for me.

Wah
10-05-2016, 09:57 PM

that's just crazy talk bro! crazy talk! there's nothing boring about harley whatsoever. statue or not. :jedidual:

dechirico7
10-06-2016, 12:23 AM
Terrrible. That peace sign is ugh! I hate those bishoujo statues and this is just like one of them.

Not even close.

Armored_Berserk
10-06-2016, 02:41 AM
Don't like the pose...at all!

Demona
10-06-2016, 08:25 AM
[QUOTE=Killer Instinct;5322456]Actually that's a pretty good concept for a future piece, I like it.

The one thing I think people might be forgetting is she isn't suppose to be such an independent character, she is the property of the Joker and she will do anything to make him happy. Joker says JUMP she would say "How High, mista J"?[QUOTE]

In this rendition, yes. In the comics, she isn't really anymore. She's becoming more independent all the time.

That's one of the reason I've always loved the Harley and Ivy friendship. Ivy calls her out for going back to Joker when they both know he is scum who uses her.

IRL, I'm the Ivy to my best friend who is Harley. Poor girl keeps going back to her douchie boyfriend and I just roll me eyes and stay her friend through it all. I like to think eventually she will bash him with an over-sized mallet :laugh:

pokritz17
09-20-2017, 04:33 AM
don't want to excite anyone....but what the hell happened to this one?

sdgs
09-20-2017, 04:52 AM

overhaul rework

Wah
09-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Yeah was wondering myself. It's been m.i.a. For awhile. Must be something they really don't like so may be reworking a lot of it.

yipkusing
09-20-2017, 02:53 PM
The pose is weird imho from what I see from the concept.

nearmint
09-20-2017, 03:42 PM
I hope they start from square one. They need to be a bit more creative than simply having her bend over.

Wah
09-21-2017, 03:39 PM
I hope they start from square one. They need to be a bit more creative than simply having her bend over.

I agree. I also think xm may agree as well.

NorthernLadMSP
03-01-2018, 01:49 PM
According to the live interview today, Harley is being re-worked again. No ETA, but they are definitely adding Harley to the line, but they weren't happy with either of the two previous concepts.

Starts around 44:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5BLDV5RR8

bwestley13
03-01-2018, 02:09 PM
According to the live interview today, Harley is being re-worked again. No ETA, but they are definitely adding Harley to the line, but they weren't happy with either of the two previous concepts.

Starts around 44:19

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M5BLDV5RR8

I guess I was the only one that liked her bent over in a kimono.

generalzodlives
03-02-2018, 08:58 AM
I'm glad they're reworking the design. As a character, Harley screams harajuku girl so that seems like a no-brainer for this line.

NorthernLadMSP
03-02-2018, 10:45 AM
I guess I was the only one that liked her bent over in a kimono.

The portraits were cool and I liked the base with the Joker head and the long-sleeved kimono. But, that pose bending over shoving her ass right in the Joker face with a peace sign was horrible.

V4XCollect
05-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Anyone heard of any updates or if they have a new pose for Harley as we get closer to SDCC?

NorthernLadMSP
05-27-2018, 05:53 PM
XM doesn't attend SDCC. And all I've heard is about a month ago, when I asked about Harley, was that they were re-working her. No ETA was given.

V4XCollect
05-27-2018, 11:59 PM
XM doesn't attend SDCC. And all I've heard is about a month ago, when I asked about Harley, was that they were re-working her. No ETA was given.

Thanks, good to know, will wait with patience...

V4XCollect
08-05-2018, 02:33 PM
*bump*

STGCC is only a month away... please let there be an update to Rising Sun Harley Quinn... Catwoman and Ivy are so amazing but they're missing Harley... pleeaasssee.... :)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ef8cf810c9a4fa3ee155b2fe6915d781/tenor.gif?itemid=7540457

Yuppy1123
08-05-2018, 03:43 PM
interested to see the new design changes

V4XCollect
10-05-2018, 07:26 PM
:(

Nothing at SDCC, STGC or NYCC...

No news or teasers at all? really???

Shoo
10-05-2018, 07:38 PM
I am NOT saying this is XM's Harley, but coincidentally it also seems to have this Japanese theme going on:

https://instagram.fmad8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/88e75c7eac8d03c8e503461781754000/5C43FB02/t51.2885-15/e35/36785860_1863961220580491_6417388791920590848_n.jpg

https://instagram.fmad8-1.fna.fbcdn.net/vp/b86c15996b3b4a6117ebca95efa299e2/5C44B782/t51.2885-15/e35/37787463_268550313942359_3870716151692525568_n.jpg

nearmint
10-05-2018, 09:48 PM
I am NOT saying this is XM's Harley,

Are you saying it’s not?

NorthernLadMSP
10-05-2018, 09:52 PM
That is not XM's design.

actionjackson83
10-05-2018, 11:39 PM
it's definitely not theirs... at least not based on the last concept drawing we saw

jcasalone
10-06-2018, 02:52 AM
I was lucky enough to be shown images of the new harley design while at NYCC today. Now she is on top of of a moterbike/vespa, she is still wearing a kimono in her red and black color palette and had 3 portrait options (1 with ponytails, 1 with a geisha style hair bun, and the last one escapes my memory). Also, if I recall correctly she had her mallet drapped over her shoulders. Sorry I can't be more precise but I was shown the design very quickly from an individual from XM (he had the images on his phone)

He also let me know how hard it was to get DC approval because of how sexy she was, haha.

Shoo
10-06-2018, 03:37 AM
I am NOT saying this is XM's Harley, but coincidentally it also seems to have this Japanese theme going on:

Are you saying it’s not?

What I said is I didn't know. I found these and thought maybe it was, maybe not, hence my disclaimer. And apparently it's not. ;-)

V4XCollect
10-06-2018, 11:19 AM
I was lucky enough to be shown images of the new harley design while at NYCC today. Now she is on top of of a moterbike/vespa, she is still wearing a kimono in her red and black color palette and had 3 portrait options (1 with ponytails, 1 with a geisha style hair bun, and the last one escapes my memory). Also, if I recall correctly she had her mallet drapped over her shoulders. Sorry I can't be more precise but I was shown the design very quickly from an individual from XM (he had the images on his phone)

He also let me know how hard it was to get DC approval because of how sexy she was, haha.

Ha! Thank you!!!

This made my day :) :thumbs2::thumbs2::thumbs2:

French Cancan
10-07-2018, 06:31 AM
Harley driving a vespa, I'm in!!!!

loricstone
10-07-2018, 07:17 AM

IMO it definitely is the best concept of the entire line so far. I was excited to hear Bryan on facebook confirm that Red Hood is in the works for this line. So stay tuned....exciting stuff still to come....:D

NorthernLadMSP
10-07-2018, 11:25 AM
IMO it definitely is the best concept of the entire line so far. I was excited to hear Bryan on facebook confirm that Red Hood is in the works for this line. So stay tuned....exciting stuff still to come....:D

I want Huntress!!! (Course after Harley and Joker)

nearmint
10-07-2018, 11:34 AM
Harley on a Vespa would look hilarious (in a good way) next to Catwoman on her motorcycle.

MasterkillerWSW
10-07-2018, 12:35 PM
I would prefer no more vehicles. I already skipped catwoman because of the bike. I prefer bases like Ivy, Bane and Batgirl.
Buuuut if Harley looks really awesome, maybe I'll change my mind.

Zombiez
10-07-2018, 12:53 PM
All these characters and still no joker

NorthernLadMSP
10-07-2018, 01:43 PM
All these characters and still no joker

He is being completely redone. He will be in the line for sure.

Yuppy1123
10-09-2018, 05:00 AM
On a Vespa ?! Haha , this sounds insane in a good way

V4XCollect
12-10-2018, 11:11 PM
XMas gift idea! A sneak peak of Harley Quinn Rising Sun? :D

chrismhk
04-11-2019, 10:42 AM
I am assuming this new photo is for rising sun harley

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/56670166_2370667456316839_5325819164265283584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=ebd61b6759720d58718aaf094e1d4901&oe=5D4875DA

NorthernLadMSP
04-11-2019, 11:01 AM
Yes.

Asgard
04-11-2019, 11:29 AM
I hope she come without Jokers face on the Base.

mva5580
04-11-2019, 11:38 AM
Pushing 4 years since this thread was created. The insanely premature teases really need to stop.

ukshaun
04-11-2019, 11:53 AM
Looking at that portrait, there is without doubt a nod to Pfeiffer.

https://i.ibb.co/bLtTfb1/Michelle-Pfeiffer.jpg
I fast PS mock-up. I probably didn't search the precise reference image. It's close enough.

chrismhk
04-11-2019, 01:21 PM
I am really loving the hair.

Wah
04-11-2019, 09:26 PM
loving this so far!

Sonic Boom
04-12-2019, 12:42 AM
I saw that on FB earlier and thought it was the 1/6 statue. Great smile.

V4XCollect
04-13-2019, 12:22 PM
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/56670166_2370667456316839_5325819164265283584_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=ebd61b6759720d58718aaf094e1d4901&oe=5D4875DA

Be like... :thumbs2::thumbs2::thumbs2::D

https://media.giphy.com/media/MUHNdrm3vk7MoyUsCO/giphy.gif

KgBeast11
04-14-2019, 08:56 AM
Hope we see the rest...xm waiting times for statues are insane

KgBeast11
04-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Who is the artist?

pokritz17
04-14-2019, 03:02 PM
this photo was posted on FB

Asgard
04-14-2019, 03:19 PM
this photo was posted on FB

That isn't "KNIGHT of the RISING SUN". And the Joker is 1/6 scale.

KgBeast11
04-14-2019, 04:07 PM
I am assuming this new photo is for rising sun harley

Who posted this and where

chrismhk
04-22-2019, 02:20 PM
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57569395_2280389142181772_4294751765951152128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=fa96561e979814fe669268bb83d2822f&oe=5D727BD9

chrismhk
04-22-2019, 02:20 PM
Who posted this and where

It was on FB

nearmint
04-22-2019, 02:28 PM
https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/57569395_2280389142181772_4294751765951152128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=fa96561e979814fe669268bb83d2822f&oe=5D727BD9

I think I like it. Paint should really bring it to life.

Harley and her scooter would look great next to Catwoman and her motorcycle.

Asgard
04-22-2019, 03:16 PM
Yea, this is my Harley.
And without a big Joker face base. Thank you very much XM.

DSET
04-22-2019, 03:31 PM

oh wowwww
cant wait to own this

Glencairn
04-22-2019, 03:33 PM
She's gorgeous, I like her face more than P1 Harley and I don't need a dining table to display her

ukshaun
04-22-2019, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure what to make of this. The portrait looks realistic, other elements lean more towards cartoon style.
I do like the many details that make up the whole.
Will be good to see the piece painted to form a better opinion.
I see Michelle Pfeiffer in the portrait.

grphyx1
04-22-2019, 04:13 PM
This really needs to be edited by about 40%

slynger
04-22-2019, 04:31 PM
I really like her and all the details, but I don’t think the scooter fits with the rest of this line.

GrumpyBear
04-22-2019, 04:37 PM
Guys, just wait for the paint. ;)

mva5580
04-22-2019, 04:40 PM
Guys, just wait for the paint. ;)

You do realize/acknowledge you created this thread almost FOUR YEARS AGO, right?

V4XCollect
04-22-2019, 04:52 PM
must... have... it...

must...

really liking all the little details :thumbs2:

majestic1
04-22-2019, 04:53 PM
I think Harley is based on the Japanese Bōsōzoku biker gangs, the Bosozoku girl gangs are usually tattooed and rebellious.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zyyckx.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/o8xvee.jpg

nearmint
04-22-2019, 04:55 PM
I really like her and all the details, but I don’t think the scooter fits with the rest of this line.

I don't know. If a motorcycle fits, I don't see why a scooter wouldn't.

GrumpyBear
04-22-2019, 04:57 PM
You do realize/acknowledge you created this thread almost FOUR YEARS AGO, right?

Damn, that means i´m now four years older. :thumbs2:

V4XCollect
04-22-2019, 05:05 PM
This is now my wallpaper... for the time being... :D

SHANE MCNAMARA
04-22-2019, 05:08 PM
I like the quadrophenia Harley she will be quite popular in
England

ukshaun
04-22-2019, 05:10 PM
I think Harley is based on the Japanese Bōsōzoku biker gangs, the Bosozoku girl gangs are usually tattooed and rebellious with their bikes painted up in crazy colours.

http://i68.tinypic.com/1zyyckx.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/o8xvee.jpg

Googles 'Japanese Bōsōzoku biker gangs'

Bosozoku Japanese Motorcycle Gang
https://youtu.be/b9HCDezfxoM
Rev music? :D ..it takes all sorts

Wah
04-22-2019, 07:28 PM
the details on this are incredible!

Demona
04-22-2019, 07:52 PM
Really impressive. I’m not sure I love this portrait, but I’m sure there will be others

As for this portrait- does she have something on her teeth? A grill? Braces? It’s not clean/clear and it’s bothering me!

silentwinter92
04-22-2019, 09:09 PM
That’s gonna be an epic art print

Sonic Boom
04-22-2019, 09:22 PM
Looks good. I think I like the 1/6 Harley slightly more though.

SkyWalker
04-22-2019, 11:51 PM
I do not like the face sculpt on this Harley. It is too masculine. XM needs to soften up the nose, chin, and jawline. (Round not square) The bridge of her nose is too uniform. (It should vary in width from top to bottom) Her lips should be more full too. Hopefully XM Studios will address these issues before final production.

nearmint
04-22-2019, 11:57 PM
I do not like the face sculpt on this Harley. It is too masculine. XM needs to soften up the nose, chin, and jawline. (Round not square) The bridge of her nose is too uniform. (It should vary in width from top to bottom) Her lips should be more full too. Hopefully XM Studios will address these issues before final production.

I don’t see anything masculine about the portrait.

silentwinter92
04-23-2019, 12:49 AM
Portrait looks like Lindsay Lohan, lol nothing wrong with the jawline. Looks more heart shaped than square, what on earth is masculine about this ????

Versuscinema
04-23-2019, 01:10 AM
The boots should be on the side and she should sit barefoot with a red sock and a black sock, with open toes

nearmint
04-23-2019, 01:11 AM
Bryan Tan just confirmed on FB that there will be more than one portrait.

ukshaun
04-23-2019, 04:59 AM
I'm assuming this is part of XM's Samurai line?
The hammer style, broken bamboo shoots, small wooden structure, fits with Samurai.
I'm not sensing much Samurai with Harley herself, other than possibly her dressing gown robe.

French Cancan
04-23-2019, 05:19 AM
http://s10.favim.com/orig/160812/dc-comics-gif-harley-quinn-joker-Favim.com-4628415.gif

I don't care, I love her. Take it or leave it, Puddin'

GrumpyBear
04-23-2019, 07:30 AM
I'm assuming this is part of XM's Samurai line?
The hammer style, broken bamboo shoots, small wooden structure, fits with Samurai.
I'm not sensing much Samurai with Harley herself, other than possibly her dressing gown robe.

There was no samurai outfit on Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but both are awesome. This is Harley Quinn and she must look playful. Only Batgirl was perfect for armor like Batman.

Demona
04-23-2019, 09:42 AM
Can't wait to see the colors on this. I hope they pop and are out there like the homage to the girl biker gangs.

Valderen
04-23-2019, 10:48 AM
It looks great, but I don't see much in it to make her fit thematically with the rest of the samurai line. She mostly just look like a regular Harley Quinn.

Sonic Boom
04-23-2019, 01:24 PM
Lmao. Can you draw some marker lines on areas where she's too fat?

V4XCollect
04-23-2019, 08:05 PM

:thumbsdow

do not agree...

V4XCollect
04-23-2019, 08:06 PM
There was no samurai outfit on Poison Ivy and Catwoman, but both are awesome. This is Harley Quinn and she must look playful. Only Batgirl was perfect for armor like Batman.

:thumbs2:

agree...

chrismhk
04-23-2019, 08:18 PM
I love the portrait and her hair. Her portrait reminds me of michelle pfeiffer and that is in no way a bad thing. Can’t say I love the rest of her though. Harley herself is fine, but I am personally not a fan of the large foot print and the scooter.

Subby1938
04-23-2019, 09:03 PM
Isn’t deadpools base a scooter possible side by side?

silentwinter92
04-23-2019, 09:40 PM
Dead pool’s a Carousell. Digging this piece, wil look gd beside ivy.

Just realised, with the new Batman on bike. We can have a display of DC characters on automobiles now.

mattikebukuro
04-24-2019, 10:26 AM
I have mixed feelings about that statue. I love the Samurai line's women as I bought all of them but my first impression on this one is not positive (Although that was the one I was looking forward the most).

While the mallet is characteristic of Harley, I have no recall whatsoever of such a weapon in my culture ... I'm praying that there will at least be a baseball bat switch-out which is much more characteristic of the "Yankees" that are being portrayed by this Harley.

I also have some problem with the face which I don't find attractive at all. My wife has the same opinion. Maybe it is just that we don't find round faces attractive in Japan ?

I guess the switch-outs will trigger the buy or the pass for us. I'm hopeful as this would be the first female character produced by XM that I find ugly.

V4XCollect
04-24-2019, 01:30 PM
I have mixed feelings about that statue. I love the Samurai line's women as I bought all of them but my first impression on this one is not positive (Although that was the one I was looking forward the most).

While the mallet is characteristic of Harley, I have no recall whatsoever of such a weapon in my culture ... I'm praying that there will at least be a baseball bat switch-out which is much more characteristic of the "Yankees" that are being portrayed by this Harley.

I also have some problem with the face which I don't find attractive at all. My wife has the same opinion. Maybe it is just that we don't find round faces attractive in Japan ?

I guess the switch-outs will trigger the buy or the pass for us. I'm hopeful as this would be the first female character produced by XM that I find ugly.

Japanese mallet: Otsuchi
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%8Ctsuchi

Given how the others were, there will likely be several face options, hopefully one of those work for you...

mars
04-24-2019, 07:32 PM

Even though it will be a definite buy for me I do agree that I'm not 100% happy with that face, even though the face has got some unique characters. Hopefully XM do deliver and give us a few different options with the face... ooh and the mallet of course :battherapy:

Doctor Doom
05-03-2019, 12:18 PM
I dig it! Looking forward to getting her! :thumbs2:

Asgard
05-03-2019, 01:49 PM
My pre order is set.

Demona
06-20-2019, 08:32 AM
People who order this should also get the new SS Harley print. Make a fun little display :)

Spongebob
06-28-2019, 05:34 PM
Really like this Harlequin it will be a great companion piece with Ivy! Only her waist down looks less in theme with the samurai line. If they lose the knee protectors and give her some traditional footwear to make it more cohered with her upper half. The back of the scooter looks a bit plain, maybe its still unpainted.

GrumpyBear
09-04-2019, 02:22 PM
Pictures from Ang Seng

"She is naughty...see you @NYCC2019", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Premium Collectibles Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED)

GHeroes European Master Distributor Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudiosgheroes/)

https://abload.de/img/70334220_2361985680680cksw.jpg

https://abload.de/img/69468659_236198572068xqjkr.jpg

nearmint
09-04-2019, 02:26 PM
They've teased this one enough. Just show us the damn thing.

GrumpyBear
09-04-2019, 02:31 PM

Only one month. :iagree:

Luminous
09-04-2019, 03:26 PM

Agreed.

Asgard
09-04-2019, 05:47 PM
I already have Harley on pre-order :D

Demona
09-09-2019, 11:27 AM
The bubble gum pink on the scooter is so perfect. I'm not in for this Harley, I'm getting the 1:6...but this is really fun statue. Plays to XM's over the top design skills.

lighterheaven
09-09-2019, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I designed the concept for both of XM's Harley, and it's been so much fun! :)

V4XCollect
09-09-2019, 08:13 PM
Ahhh.. the wait is unbearable!!

Every time this thread is updated I hope for more pics but alas... must wait...

V4XCollect
09-09-2019, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys! I designed the concept for both of XM's Harley, and it's been so much fun! :)

:thumbs2::thumbs2::thumbs2:

lighterheaven
09-09-2019, 10:13 PM
:thumbs2::thumbs2::thumbs2:

Thank you!

French Cancan
09-10-2019, 06:03 AM

Thanks for that. You are my hero :)

Demona
09-10-2019, 07:14 AM

I am stoked for the 1:6 scale. When XM said they were doing DC, I threw out Harley with her cute pets. I'm so happy they went with that idea and that you created an amazing design! Can't wait to see it all finished and order her :)

Asgard
09-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Good job :thumbs2:

I already have both XM-Harley on pre-order :D

lighterheaven
09-11-2019, 04:44 AM
Thanks for that. You are my hero :)

I am stoked for the 1:6 scale. When XM said they were doing DC, I threw out Harley with her cute pets. I'm so happy they went with that idea and that you created an amazing design! Can't wait to see it all finished and order her :)

Good job :thumbs2:

I already have both XM-Harley on pre-order :D

You're welcome, guys! Thanks for the kind words.
So very happy you like her, and preordered. :)
Harley (both of em) are my personal favorite, and of course, Lobo as well. I had amazing time designing that one, especially with the dawg throwin hand, hahaha!

You can see my artwork and other designs on my instagram, username @arioanin.

nearmint
10-02-2019, 03:49 PM
From FB...

https://i.ibb.co/WFzT8NK/xmharley.jpg

Shoo
10-02-2019, 03:53 PM
Great statue.

ukshaun
10-02-2019, 04:47 PM
Portrait looks better than their other Harley with Hyena's
The pink moped looks good. I'm not sold on the hammer concept.
Good piece. It's not on my wants list. Bring on Deadpool! :D

V4XCollect
10-02-2019, 05:15 PM
So... so... happy :) :) :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohzA9LYPZcnhnUthu/giphy.gif

NorthernLadMSP
10-02-2019, 05:44 PM
Sad. Looks like they pulled another XM change and changed the entire position of how the body sits on the bike. Doesn't look anywhere near as good as the initial render.

nearmint
10-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Rumor has it there are 3 portraits.

crimsinwing1989
10-02-2019, 06:39 PM
Looks pretty cool, crazy this has been in development since 2015.

Shoo
10-02-2019, 06:46 PM
Pics by RaddTitan:

https://i.imgur.com/DhYbhfS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/dSYUZdg.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/YuQOMXn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/nRk9tFP.jpg

MasterkillerWSW
10-02-2019, 07:07 PM
Wow! This is a must have for my XM samurai collection.

House
10-02-2019, 08:38 PM
Looks well done, just not to my liking. Will be saving some cash on this one :o

NorthernLadMSP
10-02-2019, 08:45 PM
Why does she have uniboob?

slynger
10-02-2019, 09:57 PM
Overall, she looks great. However, I have to agree that the chest needs some work.

kalel-sonofel
10-03-2019, 04:29 AM
Right now, with these few pics and this sculpt. I'm :(
Can't believe I'm thinking about not getting this Harley. Have Poison, Cat and Batgirl. Waiting for Deathstroke and she should be my last in this line..but now...

built2shred
10-03-2019, 05:40 AM
I think it looks great with the exception of the chest... she needs some cleavage, push those boobs together more...