PDA

View Full Version : Getting Gray Sculpting Compound in UK

MJC
09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Hello, I'm new here. My name's Matt and I'm new to clay sculpting. I've learnt a lot from the tips and the excellent sculptures I've seen here - very inspiring.

A lot of people are recommending Midwest Clay's Gray Sculpting Compound and I really want to try it. However, I live in the UK and I can't find anyone here who stocks it. I emailed Midwest Clay but because I only want a couple of blocks it's a bit expensive after adding shipping costs. Does anyone know if I can get it here in the UK? Or does anyone in the UK ship over larger quantities who would be willing to sell me a couple of 1lb blocks to try out?

Thanks in advance - Matt :).

MJC
09-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Oh well, obviously not easy to get it over here. In that case, is it worth paying that little bit extra? It sounds like a very nice clay to work with.

To be honest the price is pretty good if you're ordering more than just a couple of blocks - maybe I'll do that if and when I get more experienced at sculpting :).

CKinSD
09-12-2005, 06:25 PM
welcome Matt. sorry I do not know much about this clay. perhaps some of the guys at the clubhouse maybe able to assist you.

http://theclubhouse1.net/

go to the sculpting forum section and ask this there. I'm sure you will get some folks that have more info

MJC
09-14-2005, 03:00 AM
Thanks CK - I found a couple of posts about this over there at The Clubhouse. Midwest Clay in the US seems to be the only place you can get it.

I think I'll try a Super Sculpey / Premo mix for now and then, as I said, I can order some Gray Sculpting Compound from Midwest Clay at a later date.

Thanks for your help :).