PDA

View Full Version : XM Studios - Jane Foster Thor

Pages : [1] 2

Swordsman
10-20-2015, 11:35 AM
https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12112363_1605678592986167_311680723289135108_n.jpg?oh=5f8c146abd0069008a260d71bf6248e3&oe=5690E3A4

https://scontent-sin1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/t31.0-8/12120004_1605678606319499_5324952848584867464_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/12039117_1605678629652830_5190027775975267045_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/t31.0-8/12017513_1605678652986161_1017519176200258842_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtf1/t31.0-8/12017513_1605678652986161_1017519176200258842_o.jpg

FJC
10-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Looks good but I have zero interest in this character.

Apetina
10-20-2015, 12:39 PM
Looks cool but would have prefered a Modern Thor instead :(

Like FJC, zero interest in the character.

built2shred
10-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Yeah looks cool, I'm kind of on the fence since I know nothing about this character.

adee
10-20-2015, 12:48 PM
I didn't realize this character was that popular. So far it appears she isn't :laugh:

majestic1
10-20-2015, 12:49 PM
Out of all the Marvel character pantheon they choose to do She-Thor, can't see many people spending money for this character, huge miss by XM on this one.

If XM want a big seller from Thor's universe then I just have 3 words, Beta Ray Bill.

rhy
10-20-2015, 12:52 PM
This and im all in
http://i51.tinypic.com/29li8g4.jpg

AC_808
10-20-2015, 01:00 PM
Out of all the Marvel character pantheon they choose to do She-Thor, can't see many people spending money for this character, huge miss by XM on this one.

If XM want a big seller from Thor's universe then I just have 3 words, Beta Ray Bill.

Good call! I would be all over that!

AC_808
10-20-2015, 01:03 PM
And if not Beta Ray Bill ...Sif or Enchantress.

Comicbookguy
10-20-2015, 01:15 PM
Cool I like this but not sure about spending so much for it. XM please give us COH, and many switch out parts then I may want it. Low ES? :)

Please beta Ray and enchantress!

rjszar
10-20-2015, 01:24 PM
Miss or not, I just can't believe the pace they're trying to keep with all these offerings. They're going to fly right off the rails.

adee
10-20-2015, 01:40 PM
If it's a miss it's only because of the character choice. The sculpt looks great.

loricstone
10-20-2015, 01:50 PM

Patience Majestic...patience. :D

At least this isn't Venomsaurus.:rolleyes:

loricstone
10-20-2015, 02:01 PM
The lady Thor is awesome in Marvel Puzzle Quest. She is a 4 star character....but i only have 5 out of 13 so far. Sheesh....the amount of money I have spent on this cell phone game is ludicrous. I need a beat down (figuratively speaking).

Although I am playing SWTOR like crazy in time for next expansion next week....Marvel Puzzle Quest gets played even more than Killer Instinct.

Sorry....this She Thor looks....early. I like it though. Not a repeat character.

Oh and uh...some people requested this character in XM facebook...so she is definitely a wanted character. Hell....I'm buying it. :thumbs2:

Demona
10-20-2015, 02:06 PM
No no. Change her to Asgardian Storm.

I'm sure that gets around the "mutant" clause ;)

Demona
10-20-2015, 02:08 PM
The lady Thor is awesome in Marvel Puzzle Quest. She is a 4 star character....but i only have 5 out of 13 so far. Sheesh....the amount of money I have spent on this cell phone game is ludicrous. I need a beat down (figuratively speaking).

Although I am playing SWTOR like crazy in time for next expansion next week....Marvel Puzzle Quest gets played even more than Killer Instinct.
Sorry....this She Thor looks....early. I like it though. Not a repeat character.

Oh and uh...some people requested this character in XM facebook...so she is definitely a wanted character. Hell....I'm buying it. :thumbs2:

That game is CRACK! I had to buy more coins because I was going to lose three big characters. I need more Mohawk Storm cards because she is pretty damn boss too.

Oops, added to the thread derail :)

nexus
10-20-2015, 02:17 PM
Looks good. Not sure if I'll pick it up. Does she have an unmasked look? I would have really preferred a Lady Sif.

Demona
10-20-2015, 02:25 PM
I'm with all of you that she looks really good. I like the pose. But I would have like to see Sif, Enchantress or Hela as either of the lady options before this.

Really surprised Loki hasn't been made in 1/4. Seems like another character who really needs some statue love but hasn't been given it.

loricstone
10-20-2015, 02:53 PM
Patience peeps...patience. What makes any of you think none of these characters aren't in the works?? Hmmm?:D

The General
10-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Looks cool but I'd prefer a US license.

Demona
10-20-2015, 03:14 PM
Patience peeps...patience. What makes any of you think none of these characters aren't in the works?? Hmmm?:D

Asgardian Storm is in the works?!?! ;) :laugh:

Thor57
10-20-2015, 03:42 PM
Don't care. Would have much more wanted to see a Modern Thor and various Asgardians. I wonder if this was mandated from Disney to push this one. With as hard as XM pieces are to get, this is an easy pass.

It helps that I despise the story she's involved in and the gross mischaracterization that's taken place simply to get her over. I can't remember ever turning on a writer so soon. Aaron was great on Thor: God of Thunder and awful on Original Sin and the new Thor story.

built2shred
10-20-2015, 03:45 PM
If she had a sexier outfit I would be more tempted :eplus2:

grphyx1
10-20-2015, 04:01 PM
you old people need to realize there is a whole new generation of comic/statue collector out there.

Restinpieces
10-20-2015, 04:36 PM
This looks REALLY good, much better than Thor imo. :D

ambasah
10-20-2015, 04:45 PM
you old people need to realize there is a whole new generation of comic/statue collector out there.

the whole concept of a female thor or wolverine or whoever else just screams of desperation (not talking about the statue but Marvel's decision). Have they truly run out of ideas?

grphyx1
10-20-2015, 05:02 PM
Possibly:-) but at least XM is not doing a character that no one has done. it's a great pose of a character that has an appeal to some fans.

the whole concept of a female thor or wolverine or whoever else just screams of desperation (not talking about the statue but Marvel's decision). Have they truly run out of ideas?

Comicbookguy
10-20-2015, 05:39 PM
If she had a sexier outfit I would be more tempted :eplus2:

:thumbs2: XM please sexier and it will sell more! Lower the cleavage etc...

This looks REALLY good, much better than Thor imo. :D

:hilarious: why all the hate for thor? I like it the heads etc looks good to me :)

ruzzell
10-20-2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I like the She Thor. Frog Thor too....

Mr. Machismo
10-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Looks good but I have zero interest in this character.

+1. Looks great and glad they're doing some newer characters. Wallet is safe on She Thor, though.

yipkusing
10-20-2015, 06:46 PM
Expect to see two more heads.

Cali604
10-20-2015, 10:19 PM
Don't care. Would have much more wanted to see a Modern Thor and various Asgardians. I wonder if this was mandated from Disney to push this one. With as hard as XM pieces are to get, this is an easy pass.

It helps that I despise the story she's involved in and the gross mischaracterization that's taken place simply to get her over. I can't remember ever turning on a writer so soon. Aaron was great on Thor: God of Thunder and awful on Original Sin and the new Thor story.

I know nothing about her. But if people want her than cool. It gives us 'old' guys breathing space for our wallets. Loki will come and I know a lot of people may be sick of Throne pieces but he is guy who should be on a throne. Either way he will be a coveted piece. Also Beta Ray Bill may be making an appearance soon...so bide your time for the ones you want...

built2shred
10-20-2015, 11:07 PM
Given space limitations I'm only going to get must have pieces, plus I need to save space for XM Star Wars Line...

That said this statue does look really good.... it is very tempting..

SONICobra
10-20-2015, 11:55 PM

:thumbs2: I find your opinions intriguing and would like to subscribe to your news letter. although I don't dislike the current storyline as much as you but I have grown tired of it. im ready for odinson to return to his mighty self

this is a pretty "out of left field" choice - I wonder if it has anything to do with the rift between marvel studios and marvel comics. I really hope not, I cant take this xmen nonsense as is. strange that we see this though before winter soldier

Gyro Zeppeli
10-21-2015, 12:20 AM
I'm not familiar with this character, but I love the sculpt. Great looking thighs. She has a cool design.

Comicbookguy
10-21-2015, 12:53 AM
want one too! I have no idea who she is but I like the character. XM please no mix media only fully sculpted and many switch out parts and a unmasked pretty head. XM make all non believers want this :) oh please low es?

Lawnknome
10-21-2015, 12:31 PM
If I was collecting the Avengers line, I would be all over this.

equi-nox76
10-22-2015, 05:34 AM
Loki on Throne and I'm all in.

gomur
10-22-2015, 06:26 PM
I actually don't like this one. And I don't get to say that about most XM pieces.

The pose isn't very commanding to me with a two-handed hold on Mjolnir. It looks like a small girl holding her father's hammer. And her flying forward, gung ho, winding up in one direction... these statues make it difficult to appreciate the costume without turning it sideways. And I have most of my pieces facing forward personally.

And back to the little girl comment, she needs more muscle. Give her some shoulders and arms. I wouldn't begrudge this physique for a Supergirl, but not a Lady THOR.

Comicbookguy
10-22-2015, 08:15 PM
Was she like this in many of the comics? I don't read comics and have not follow any artist since my bros jim lee, silvestri, Liefeld, McFarlane, etc from image stop drawing. So I might be wrong in super rare cases.

built2shred
10-22-2015, 10:18 PM
I actually don't like this one. And I don't get to say that about most XM pieces.

The pose isn't very commanding to me with a two-handed hold on Mjolnir. It looks like a small girl holding her father's hammer. And her flying forward, gung ho, winding up in one direction... these statues make it difficult to appreciate the costume without turning it sideways. And I have most of my pieces facing forward personally.

And back to the little girl comment, she needs more muscle. Give her some shoulders and arms. I wouldn't begrudge this physique for a Supergirl, but not a Lady THOR.

She's not that muscle bound in the comics either.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/d/d4/Jane_Foster_(Earth-616)_from_Thor_Vol_4_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150129232401

gomur
10-23-2015, 12:25 AM
She's not that muscle bound in the comics either.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/d/d4/Jane_Foster_(Earth-616)_from_Thor_Vol_4_1.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150129232401

Not saying turn her into She-Hulk. Just make Thor into a woman instead of a girl. The 3D proportions don't seem balanced - and maybe it has to do with the pose. Even that image's artist Russell Dauterman has panels with Thor more defined.

https://nothingbutcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/20150312_2003371.jpg

And other artist interpretations go the same way.

http://comicsandcards.net/wp-content/gallery/thor/thor-1-ribic-design-variant.jpg
http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/123/1239113/2676970-thor1.jpg

zenfrog
10-23-2015, 01:01 AM
I was actually going to have a Lady Thor commissioned so I'm glad xm is doing this!

Thor57
10-30-2015, 09:00 AM
:thumbs2: I find your opinions intriguing and would like to subscribe to your news letter. although I don't dislike the current storyline as much as you but I have grown tired of it. im ready for odinson to return to his mighty self

You asked for it! lol

1. I don't like how anyone that decided they didn't like this editorial decision was immediately branded a misogynist or some sexist basement dweller. For some people, even if the story is good, when you mess with a person's favorite character, they go on the defensive right away.

2. The story just isn't good. Its really not when people get past the "Its new!" shine. Allow me to elaborate. Jane Foster has been Thor since around June or so of 2014. Since this book has debuted, you know what dangling plot devices were introduced?

1. Why is Thor unworthy?
2. Why can Odin not lift his own hammer?
3. Who is she?
4. Why, if she's human, was she on the moon!?!?!

Only 1 of those has been answered. In OVER a year. I know Secret Wars came around, but that's no excuse for not having some sort of progression. Instead of the storyline progressing about why even Odin cant lift it, we get him throwing fits and going on a death rampage trying to kill her. Now, Odin throwing fits is hardly out of character. Doesn't mean we cant get story progression as to the reason he's in this position. I know Aaron drags his stories out. The Godbomb story was long too. But we were jumping through 3 different timelines with 3 different age Thor's. It made sense to drag out. This does not.

3. He gave her his name? In what world does it make sense for Thor Odinson to do that. Its almost as if Aaron doesn't have a fundamental understanding of how the Thor verse works. Its not Pick up the hammer and BECOME Thor, its pick up the hammer and get the powers of Thor. When Beta Ray Bill picked it up, he didn't become Thor. He gained the powers that Thor has. Typically when someone picks up the hammer and actually replaces or merges with Thor, its Odins doing. Showing humility, saving a life (Masterson.) Basically, I have no issue with a story of Thor becoming unworthy. Lord knows its not terribly original, but its not uncommon. If it involves inner reflection, Thor becoming a better person, friend, warrior, god, so be it. That's not what this has been shown to be so far. In the issue to where Thor virtually rolls on his back and show's his belly, he tells Odin that she can have his name. Bull----. If he had said "Look, something is going on with me. I don't know what it is, but I'm not fit to wield Mjolnir and I need to figure it out. She's shown herself to be worthy. She's warrior born, and Midgard needs a God of Thunder. I've got a personal journey I need to take, and until I know where it takes me, she's the the God of Thunder." NOT "She's Thor." So I repeat, its his goddamn name, not a title. When Dick Grayson was Batman, he didn't change his name to Bruce Wayne for Christ's sake.

4. This is a minor gripe, but none the less. At one point, Thor looks on in amazement as Mjolnir does some flips and tricks and he practically melts down claiming "It never did that for me." Ummm, Mr. Aaron, that's false too. Do you not recall the absolute bat---- things Mjolnir would do in Thor's hand during Lee/Kirby and Simonson's run? Manipulate matter, wormholes, Godblasts, energy absorption? Hell, it was Thor and Mjolnir that ended Secret Invasion by absorbing the planet destroying weapon or whatever that was implanted in Janet. It writes like Mjolnir resents Thor and is glad to be rid of him. Which would mean Mjolnir is sentient. Which again means, if Mjolnir could think for itself, Thor would not have become unworthy when Nick Fury whispered in his ear. He would have become unworthy the moment said act happened. Lazy writing.

5. And here is the real kicker. Let me paint a possible scenario. The enchantress and Skurge are on a rampage downtown when Thor, the male, shows up. Amora immediately starts launching into how dumb Thor is because he's a male, and he's not as evolved as women and can only use his big strong muscles to hit things while drooling. Skurge, her partner, turns to her and says "Shut up -----!" and knocks her senseless. He then turns to Thor and goes into a long verbal fluff job about how he respects Thor as a man and what he's doing as a male in a growing female community. Thor says he still has to take them to prison. Skurge AGREES and says "Yeah, its probably for the best. Ole Amora and I could use some time locked up to work on our feelings and relationship." Thor responds "I'm going to hit you now." And Skurge again, AGREES and says okay.

WHAT??!?!?!?! If that happened in a normal Thor comic, people would cry foul. Disrespect, stupid dialogue, just bad. Yet, that happened in I think issue 5 or 6 or something with the roles reversed. Titania just LET female Thor take her to jail simply because she was a female. A professional criminal allowed female Thor to just take her into prison because "woman reasons!" It was an open fan letter from Aaron to the fans that "I don't care what you say. I don't care how much you complain, valid or not, this is what I think of you." It was awful. Its the only comic book I've ripped in half out of sheer disgust.

Look, I'm sure there are basement dwellers who hate this because she is a woman and that is enough alone. Those people are trogladites and don't deserve any publicity. But there are fans out there that simply don't like this because A. Thor is their favorite, and they don't like the change, regardless if its a new male or a female and B. The story is just nonsensical and bad. I'm hesitant on category A. and fully on board with B. I don't like change, but I'm open and willing to give change a chance if it leads to a good story involving my favorite character. That's not what this is. Its change, for gimmicks sake (debuted on the View?!?!) that has led to a long, drawn out bad story. I'm sure some will point to sales, and I'll easily point to sales in the past to where top sales are always number 1 issues, crossover events, and "shock value" stories. This is the third.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure some of it comes off as "Oh, the Thor fan with a Thor handle is complaining about Thor changes" and some of that surely has roots. But I'm not wrong in some if not all of my assessment.

Hickman wrote Thor 100 times better in his appearances in Avengers both pre and post unworthiness. He was still honorable, rational, and respected. In his own book, post unworthy, he's been a crybaby temper tantrum child. At least before he and Hyperion "died" leading into secret wars, he seems to have gained his worthiness back. Maybe that means this farce is close to over.

toe
10-30-2015, 12:38 PM
I agree with you Thor57. My first question was, how the heck did she end up in the moon?

loricstone
10-30-2015, 04:45 PM
So I take it none of you have read of the being behind all this crazy doing???? There is a reason to everything...and it's not always what it seems?

Three guesses if you can guess who is the mastermind behind all this craziness!

loricstone
10-30-2015, 04:55 PM
You asked for it! lol

1. I don't like how anyone that decided they didn't like this editorial decision was immediately branded a misogynist or some sexist basement dweller. For some people, even if the story is good, when you mess with a person's favorite character, they go on the defensive right away.

2. The story just isn't good. Its really not when people get past the "Its new!" shine. Allow me to elaborate. Jane Foster has been Thor since around June or so of 2014. Since this book has debuted, you know what dangling plot devices were introduced?

1. Why is Thor unworthy?
2. Why can Odin not lift his own hammer?
3. Who is she?
4. Why, if she's human, was she on the moon!?!?!

Only 1 of those has been answered. In OVER a year. I know Secret Wars came around, but that's no excuse for not having some sort of progression. Instead of the storyline progressing about why even Odin cant lift it, we get him throwing fits and going on a death rampage trying to kill her. Now, Odin throwing fits is hardly out of character. Doesn't mean we cant get story progression as to the reason he's in this position. I know Aaron drags his stories out. The Godbomb story was long too. But we were jumping through 3 different timelines with 3 different age Thor's. It made sense to drag out. This does not.

3. He gave her his name? In what world does it make sense for Thor Odinson to do that. Its almost as if Aaron doesn't have a fundamental understanding of how the Thor verse works. Its not Pick up the hammer and BECOME Thor, its pick up the hammer and get the powers of Thor. When Beta Ray Bill picked it up, he didn't become Thor. He gained the powers that Thor has. Typically when someone picks up the hammer and actually replaces or merges with Thor, its Odins doing. Showing humility, saving a life (Masterson.) Basically, I have no issue with a story of Thor becoming unworthy. Lord knows its not terribly original, but its not uncommon. If it involves inner reflection, Thor becoming a better person, friend, warrior, god, so be it. That's not what this has been shown to be so far. In the issue to where Thor virtually rolls on his back and show's his belly, he tells Odin that she can have his name. Bull----. If he had said "Look, something is going on with me. I don't know what it is, but I'm not fit to wield Mjolnir and I need to figure it out. She's shown herself to be worthy. She's warrior born, and Midgard needs a God of Thunder. I've got a personal journey I need to take, and until I know where it takes me, she's the the God of Thunder." NOT "She's Thor." So I repeat, its his goddamn name, not a title. When Dick Grayson was Batman, he didn't change his name to Bruce Wayne for Christ's sake.

4. This is a minor gripe, but none the less. At one point, Thor looks on in amazement as Mjolnir does some flips and tricks and he practically melts down claiming "It never did that for me." Ummm, Mr. Aaron, that's false too. Do you not recall the absolute bat---- things Mjolnir would do in Thor's hand during Lee/Kirby and Simonson's run? Manipulate matter, wormholes, Godblasts, energy absorption? Hell, it was Thor and Mjolnir that ended Secret Invasion by absorbing the planet destroying weapon or whatever that was implanted in Janet. It writes like Mjolnir resents Thor and is glad to be rid of him. Which would mean Mjolnir is sentient. Which again means, if Mjolnir could think for itself, Thor would not have become unworthy when Nick Fury whispered in his ear. He would have become unworthy the moment said act happened. Lazy writing.

5. And here is the real kicker. Let me paint a possible scenario. The enchantress and Skurge are on a rampage downtown when Thor, the male, shows up. Amora immediately starts launching into how dumb Thor is because he's a male, and he's not as evolved as women and can only use his big strong muscles to hit things while drooling. Skurge, her partner, turns to her and says "Shut up -----!" and knocks her senseless. He then turns to Thor and goes into a long verbal fluff job about how he respects Thor as a man and what he's doing as a male in a growing female community. Thor says he still has to take them to prison. Skurge AGREES and says "Yeah, its probably for the best. Ole Amora and I could use some time locked up to work on our feelings and relationship." Thor responds "I'm going to hit you now." And Skurge again, AGREES and says okay.

WHAT??!?!?!?! If that happened in a normal Thor comic, people would cry foul. Disrespect, stupid dialogue, just bad. Yet, that happened in I think issue 5 or 6 or something with the roles reversed. Titania just LET female Thor take her to jail simply because she was a female. A professional criminal allowed female Thor to just take her into prison because "woman reasons!" It was an open fan letter from Aaron to the fans that "I don't care what you say. I don't care how much you complain, valid or not, this is what I think of you." It was awful. Its the only comic book I've ripped in half out of sheer disgust.

Look, I'm sure there are basement dwellers who hate this because she is a woman and that is enough alone. Those people are trogladites and don't deserve any publicity. But there are fans out there that simply don't like this because A. Thor is their favorite, and they don't like the change, regardless if its a new male or a female and B. The story is just nonsensical and bad. I'm hesitant on category A. and fully on board with B. I don't like change, but I'm open and willing to give change a chance if it leads to a good story involving my favorite character. That's not what this is. Its change, for gimmicks sake (debuted on the View?!?!) that has led to a long, drawn out bad story. I'm sure some will point to sales, and I'll easily point to sales in the past to where top sales are always number 1 issues, crossover events, and "shock value" stories. This is the third.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm sure some of it comes off as "Oh, the Thor fan with a Thor handle is complaining about Thor changes" and some of that surely has roots. But I'm not wrong in some if not all of my assessment.

Hickman wrote Thor 100 times better in his appearances in Avengers both pre and post unworthiness. He was still honorable, rational, and respected. In his own book, post unworthy, he's been a crybaby temper tantrum child. At least before he and Hyperion "died" leading into secret wars, he seems to have gained his worthiness back. Maybe that means this farce is close to over.

i can just picture you reacting like this after reading it.

http://i64.tinypic.com/10h371c.gif

and then proceeded to

http://i63.tinypic.com/zm0duh.gif

toe
10-30-2015, 05:00 PM
i've only read the vol 1 TPB. But soon Vol 2 and 3. I'm guessing Loki btw.

So I take it none of you have read of the being behind all this crazy doing???? There is a reason to everything...and it's not always what it seems?

Three guesses if you can guess who is the mastermind behind all this craziness!

loricstone
10-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Loki
Mephisto
Maybe someone else?

toe
10-30-2015, 05:06 PM
oh i thought maybe you knew

loricstone
10-30-2015, 05:11 PM
No sorry...I guess the last sentence kind of gives that impression. No more a guestimation kind of thing. Sorry.:laugh:

Thor57
10-30-2015, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there is a dark figure manipulating from the shadows with nefarious intentions. No doubt. Aaron isn't an incompetent writer by any means. I just think either he, or editorial came up with a gimmick, and its grown since then, leading towards lazy writing. That on top of the fans disdain from certain areas, and he responded with a very nasty retort via his characters.

I just don't care for where Marvels head is at. Look, I get what they're doing. Its business. They want to draw in more women, and more minorities. I just don't like how they are alienating their original fan base to do it. A female Thor? A black Captain America? An Asian Hulk? Why ruin Falcons character by having him try and live up to an icon? If you want a black staple of a character, put effort into Black Panther or Luke Cage. Hell, the public LOVES Miles Morales and he's coming to the 616 universe. Use him. Don't neuter Steve Rogers and try and fill his spot. Want an Asian? Why turn Cho into Hulk? Cho as a character alone is fun. But he's not the Hulk people love. If you want a flagship Asian character, make one and write great stories about him or her. Its not hard. Great stories. Not gimmicks. But again, I understand. Its a new world and I'm out growing the standard. I'm old fashioned (even though I'm only 33.) I'm not a facebooker, I'm not a twitter user. But in a world where the attention span is 4 seconds because its not tied to a cell phone, I get why Marvel has to send shockwaves to make a dent in sales.

Cali604
10-30-2015, 08:15 PM
Well that sucks, they shouldnt mess with the classic characters. I tried reading comics recently but wasnt impressed by the writing. Generally good art...but one book barely has anything lengthy written, plus they have messed with the characters too much. I hope the new generations continue to support this direction they are going so at least the superhero mythos doesnt die out. I will still remember the classics the way they were.

davide87ita
11-18-2015, 04:39 AM
Xm1/4 scale Thor (Jane Foster) .... some work-in-progress on Thor.
We are still tweak her and detailing her ....
Thanks to Caleb Nefzen for the sculp ..... keep up the good job....

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/12246828_1613167142237312_5336141774278538398_n.jpg?oh=8e2fc2d18e63de1cf1e2ad40b2bc74f5&oe=56B88FCA

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/12243351_1613167155570644_4165989948013841588_n.jpg?oh=07146988556bb15970d767a62ac4dc60&oe=56B3B631

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t31.0-8/12238158_1613167175570642_6779741866798209466_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/l/t31.0-8/12244352_1613167188903974_2599827767354183846_o.jpg

built2shred
11-18-2015, 04:47 AM
Wow, the details on this are pretty amazing....

Thor57
11-18-2015, 07:41 AM
Hate the character, but sculpt is nice. I need to try and get Caleb to commission me a true Thunder God!

7th and Tef
11-18-2015, 07:45 AM
I still don't get how thor can be a girl but the statue look kool :)

Thor57
11-18-2015, 08:02 AM
I still don't get how thor can be a girl but the statue look kool :)

A woman can get the "power" of Thor by being worthy of picking up the hammer. She is only "the" Thor right now because Jason Aaron apparently doesn't research the history of the character and know Thor is the mans name, not a title.

yipkusing
11-18-2015, 08:33 AM
His has potential leaning issue by the look of it. But it's really nice indeed. Unmasked any chance?

actionjackson83
11-18-2015, 09:25 AM
they never show her unmasked in Lady Thor form in the comics. She'd probably be illegally beautiful that's why.

Marcel54
11-18-2015, 10:10 AM
Not a fan of Lady Thor, as for the statue it looks nice...but given the high grip of her right hand she has hardly any follow-through on her swing with Mjolnir.

TethMau74
11-18-2015, 11:10 AM
His has potential leaning issue by the look of it. But it's really nice indeed. Unmasked any chance?

:iagree:

I know XM makes strong efforts to prevent those issues from happening but this one seems it might be a challenge. I like the direction they are taking with the designs; taking more liberties with the character and not going strictly by the comic. I'm just not a fan of the pose. It would be better if both her feet were firmly planted in the ground as she made a swing with the hammer and only using one hand instead of both. More often you see male Thor using one handed attacks than him using both hands. I'm sure this wasn't XM Studios intent but to me it's implying that since this Thor is a woman she has to use both hands to deliver a powerful blow.

davide87ita
11-18-2015, 11:28 AM

I know XM makes strong efforts to prevent those issues from happening but this one seems it might be a challenge. I like the direction they are taking with the designs; taking more liberties with the character and not going strictly by the comic. I'm just not a fan of the pose. It would be better if both her feet were firmly planted in the ground as she made a swing with the hammer and only using one hand instead of both. More often you see male Thor using one handed attacks than him using both hands. I'm sure this wasn't XM Studios intent but to me it's implying that since this Thor is a woman she has to use both hands to deliver a powerful blow.

I think that they took the idea for the blow from backhand tennis blow

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/20/Rafa_Nadal_australian_open_2009.jpg

7th and Tef
11-18-2015, 06:29 PM
A woman can get the "power" of Thor by being worthy of picking up the hammer. She is only "the" Thor right now because Jason Aaron apparently doesn't research the history of the character and know Thor is the mans name, not a title.

I know a women can get the power also I'm a girl but thor maybe means a name as u said but for me thor is a guy and always will be a guy ;) just my opinion

built2shred
11-18-2015, 09:20 PM
I like the pose of her charging forward.... I might use her instead of regular Thor for my Avengers Display case as I'm not overly crazy about the retro Thor XM gave us...

actionjackson83
11-19-2015, 01:47 AM
https://marvelitesxmen.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/thor_2_variant_by_gabriele_dellotto.jpg

boo hoo guy thor is using two hands on his hammer, what a girly man.

TethMau74
11-19-2015, 02:22 AM
https://marvelitesxmen.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/thor_2_variant_by_gabriele_dellotto.jpg

boo hoo guy thor is using two hands on his hammer, what a girly man.

I wasn't making my statements as an insult.

Cali604
11-19-2015, 03:10 AM
Yeah it shouldnt have been such a sarcastic reply, but yes Thor has wielded Mjolnir two-handed countless times, its more to signify a devastating blow about to follow :) I dont think her wielding it two handed implies weakness

Comicbookguy
11-19-2015, 03:50 AM
It's comics not real life, so superheroes can do the impossible. I love the action pose!

Peedi
11-19-2015, 10:13 AM

I don't think it's a matter of researching, I think it's just not caring. They (because it's more than just Jason Aaron, it's the editors, etc) know "Thor" is a name and not a title, they just don't care since their efforts are to legitimize this character and generate enough interest to create sales.

I heavily enjoyed Doc Oc as Peter...probably because he tried to pass himself off as the real deal and once Peter got his body back he didn't abandon all that Doc Oc did, he continued to expand on those things and the impacts of that story are still lasting...I like what's being done with Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne in Batman right now, too...but generally I avoid the stand in characters...I like Falcon, but can't get with Captain Falcon, nor Amadeus Cho as Hulk, X-23 as Wolverine, Jane somehow stealing Thor's birth name (:confused:)...I prefer the original characters but I suppose they need breaks when editorial can't figure out what to do with them.

woozie0
12-02-2015, 01:10 AM
I'm really liking this! I've been a big fan of Jason Aaron's Thor, even when he went in the Goddess of Thunder direction.

jadekite22
12-02-2015, 02:54 AM
I don't think it's a matter of researching, I think it's just not caring. They (because it's more than just Jason Aaron, it's the editors, etc) know "Thor" is a name and not a title, they just don't care since their efforts are to legitimize this character and generate enough interest to create sales.

I heavily enjoyed Doc Oc as Peter...probably because he tried to pass himself off as the real deal and once Peter got his body back he didn't abandon all that Doc Oc did, he continued to expand on those things and the impacts of that story are still lasting...I like what's being done with Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne in Batman right now, too...but generally I avoid the stand in characters...I like Falcon, but can't get with Captain Falcon, nor Amadeus Cho as Hulk, X-23 as Wolverine, Jane somehow stealing Thor's birth name (:confused:)...I prefer the original characters but I suppose they need breaks when editorial can't figure out what to do with them.

This. 100%. I'm not a fan of what I've read of Jason Aaron's Thor, apart from the art. It's too much of Aaron telling us "x villain is the universe's greatest threat" or "new Thor is the true and rightful bearer of the namesake". Jane as Thor might very well be his own idea and not an All-New, All Different Marvel editorial mandate, but Aaron doing his damnedest to convince me otherwise still isn't enough for me, personally.

Falcon is one of my favorite characters from the Silver and Bronze Age. It's definitely within his character and abilities to take on Cap's mantle, but the execution calls too much attention to the diverse new edge and trying to live up to costume's supposed merit, instead of simply accepting the responsibility and moving on the way I'd expect Sam Wilson to after all these years.

However, this Thor's design and XM's concept for it are beyond cool (plus, from a story standpoint, an ill Jane as Thor is pretty much returning the character to the Don Blake status quo that Marvel has moved away from since the movies.) The newly added detail are too busy for the comic but are a real benefit to the statue's look. Can't wait to see this painted.

MuppetMad
12-17-2015, 01:34 AM
IF they can pull off her just like the new wips then she is a must buy. Whether you like the character or not, it's an amazing looking piece so far. If only they can keep the face the same....

davide87ita
01-10-2016, 12:11 PM
from XM fb:
"Xm 1/4 scale Thor (Jane foster) done....
Thanks to Caleb Nefzen for the awesome sculp."

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12489440_1630705080483518_8239898386451700682_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12486038_1630705110483515_3838982133225196758_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12485866_1630705147150178_7213139109783390839_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11048774_1630705197150173_4582808274322971600_n.jpg?oh=cdae879d183d6b9882d186f1e999e3f6&oe=5705C47E

Thor57
01-10-2016, 12:15 PM
She looks great, and I wish the story she's anchoring wasnt such a slap in the face to not only the character of Thor, but Odin, Asgard itself. Man, Marvel has just ---- all over that franchise the past 3 years.

She does look good though.

Silverine
01-10-2016, 12:17 PM
that unmasked head :O

Formula009
01-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Wow - just awesome

ALPH4T34M
01-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Great pose, I like the details on this.

FastballSpecial
01-10-2016, 01:12 PM
This looks amazing.

DeadGhostKnight
01-10-2016, 01:18 PM
Great pose, great base, amazing details, awesome switch outs!

Sadly couldn't care less about the character.

yipkusing
01-10-2016, 01:23 PM
Instant buy

loricstone
01-10-2016, 01:50 PM
Agreed! Instant buy!:drooling::buttrock:

Comicbookguy
01-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Wow! The COH are epic options pose is excellent. Now XM can we get the final painted unmasked portrait done right before a real PO? It looks great here we just need the proto head to be looking good and sexy when it's done. Also please lower ES on this character. Looks very promising and love the options for all your statues Xm. Keeps things on another level from the rest. Keep up the great work. Please, please take your time and do the unmasked portrait nicely like you did with medusa, and she hulk.

Thor57
01-10-2016, 02:03 PM
Agreed! Instant buy!:drooling::buttrock:

I revoke your Thor fandom.

Thor57
01-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Also noticed, Mjolnirs handle is to long.

loricstone
01-10-2016, 02:37 PM
Now you are nitpicking....you...you...She-Thor hater!!! :laugh:

The handle may only look longer because she has smaller hands than the Male Thor.

Remember Me?
01-10-2016, 02:53 PM

The handle may only look longer because she has smaller hands than the Male Thor.

Maybe she is using it for other "Purpose". ...:confused2

AC_808
01-10-2016, 02:57 PM
Wow! That unmasked COH is gorgeous!

And the details are great. I'm still trying to figure out, tho, how the changeable pose works. Is it a changeable upper torso? Or is just changeable left and right arms?

AC_808
01-10-2016, 03:00 PM

That's a good point. I, too, was going to say that the handle was too long, but she could just be smaller than Thor.

VS1976
01-10-2016, 03:07 PM
Wow looks awesome.

Scion009
01-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Looks great...but I kinda hate Jane Foster ever since Dark World..hated that the female Thor ended up being her....if only this was a Valkyrie statue...

Formula009
01-10-2016, 04:11 PM
Looks great...but I kinda hate Jane Foster ever since Dark World..hated that the female Thor ended up being her....if only this was a Valkyrie statue...

Couldn't agree more

FastballSpecial
01-10-2016, 04:40 PM
I love this but really want X-23

Thor57
01-10-2016, 08:51 PM

That's a good point. I, too, was going to say that the handle was too long, but she could just be smaller than Thor.

She is smaller, much. But by that same logic the head of the hammer should look much bigger than normal too, but it doesn't. It's just simply to long.

And I'm just president of the fanclub "Rally against the pretender!"

Formula009
01-10-2016, 10:08 PM
Handle on the hammer should be a bit shorter

SONICobra
01-10-2016, 11:57 PM
really impressive sculpt, whoever they have doing female portraits now - they better hold onto them

Comicbookguy
01-11-2016, 02:38 AM
That fully sculpted cape looks so awesome too! It happens every time when I lose a bit interest in XM then they pull me right back with all the extras they do. :D

AC_808
01-11-2016, 03:33 AM
She is smaller, much. But by that same logic the head of the hammer should look much bigger than normal too, but it doesn't. It's just simply to long.

And I'm just president of the fanclub "Rally against the pretender!"

Aw crap ...you're right. The hammer would have to look bigger too. In fact, the handle and hammer should be proportional to each other. And here clearly it's not. Yea, the handle is too long.

yipkusing
01-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Please use diecast for hammer!

A R E S
01-11-2016, 10:08 AM
She looks outstanding, but i hope we get the calm head with helmet too. This is the look from the comics imho. I don't like the angry face, so getting the calm head too, would be the best for all.

And i hope we can use the two hand hammer pose with all heads, since i like that best.

Demona
01-11-2016, 10:14 AM
really impressive sculpt, whoever they have doing female portraits now - they better hold onto them

I agree. However, to give credit where it's due lots of the female portrait looked great in 3D render and printed.

It was/is the paint applications that killed them.

Demona
01-11-2016, 10:17 AM
I can't get over all the fine details and various textures that are in this design. I constantly keep coming back to look at this.

This is the first female piece I have seen, really from ANY company, that has so much detail to it. It's a wonderful change from a skin tighter bodysuit with maybe a little bit of armor.

I can't wait to see XM painters, already know for fine details, kill the paint apps on this piece.

One question -- where would you put the rod to keep this from leaning/stressing at various points?

from XM fb:
"Xm 1/4 scale Thor (Jane foster) done....
Thanks to Caleb Nefzen for the awesome sculp."

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12489440_1630705080483518_8239898386451700682_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12486038_1630705110483515_3838982133225196758_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpl1/t31.0-8/s960x960/12485866_1630705147150178_7213139109783390839_o.jpg

https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/11048774_1630705197150173_4582808274322971600_n.jpg?oh=cdae879d183d6b9882d186f1e999e3f6&oe=5705C47E

Comicbookguy
01-11-2016, 02:30 PM
I love this but really want X-23

Oh yes please! One of my most wanted if not the most wanted. :smokin:still love the COH option on she thor!

Y3E
01-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Wow, really nice. Too bad I can't get it.

ukshaun
01-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Interesting idea. On page 1 i wasn't too sure about the mask, fast forwarding to page 11 and the open mouth was off-putting, scrolling down the page, and nope, sorry, do not like her face. The rest looks great. Maybe the face painted might alter my views.

bananafarmer
01-11-2016, 05:20 PM
really, really nice.. must have..

loricstone
01-11-2016, 07:04 PM
I agree. However, to give credit where it's due lots of the female portrait looked great in 3D render and printed.

It was/is the paint applications that killed them.

I figure its better to retort here than in SS thread.:laugh:

Please give me examples of the XM heads that are lacking in paint applications.

I can think of only really two at present.

1) Jean Grey Phoenix regular headsculpt (not my favorite anyway)
2) Elektra headsculpts.

We are talking paint apps here.

All the other characters that have been released so far all have been exquisitely painted.

And one other thing D which I think is really overexaggerated and improperly used is in regards to XM headsculpts...simply because most have been masked or partially masked characters.

1) Captain America
2) Hawkeye
3) Ant-Man
4) Thanos
5) Ms. Marvel

Unmasked head protraits include Black Widow, Magneto, Hulk, Wolverine, and Phoenix.

Of all those mentioned that has been released so far....I can think of only one that was questionable in terms of paint app....Phoenix...and even that is questionable as to me it is more the sculpt.

Of the ones coming....Elektra is the only one I can think of that could use some more tweaking (the long flowing hair portrait).

crazytoynut
01-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Not liking that base at all.

Distracting

yipkusing
01-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Her assets are kinda saggy downward.

ALPH4T34M
01-11-2016, 09:27 PM

This is the first female piece I have seen, really from ANY company, that has so much detail to it. It's a wonderful change from a skin tighter bodysuit with maybe a little bit of armor.

It's not, but it does have brilliant detail on this piece, I think it's awesome too.

Interesting idea. On page 1 i wasn't too sure about the mask, fast forwarding to page 11 and the open mouth was off-putting, scrolling down the page, and nope, sorry, do not like her face. The rest looks great. Maybe the face painted might alter my views.

At second glace I like the face on her, the angles of the 3d render are throwing me off a little, but I think she's quite pretty.

Her assets are kinda saggy downward.

I thought so to but it could be the angle of the render and/or the shape of the armour.

StringKeyRhythm
01-11-2016, 10:14 PM
The piece could definitely use some perking up. Other than that, fantastic!

Mamba
01-11-2016, 11:35 PM
This is better than Sideshow Captain Marvel, True or False?

Demona
01-11-2016, 11:54 PM
It's not, but it does have brilliant detail on this piece, I think it's awesome .

I said, "that I have seen". Me. I wasn't speaking for other people :)

I'd be very interested to see the other pieces you'd put up there in the detail department. Always interested in seeing other pieces.

Demona
01-11-2016, 11:55 PM
This is better than Sideshow Captain Marvel, True or False?

Why does it matter? Two totally different characters.

Can't we just be happy there are great pieces being created from two companies?

Troll much? Geez.

Mamba
01-12-2016, 12:07 AM
Why does it matter? Two totally different characters.

Can't we just be happy there are great pieces being created from two companies?

Troll much? Geez.

I was just asking a question, no trolling. I have statues from both companies and support both. You don't have to answer if you don't like my question.

I am debating between the 2 which one I should get.

warhead
01-12-2016, 12:11 AM
Fantastic sculpting...

Demona
01-12-2016, 12:11 AM
My bad, Mamba. It just been so much XM vs SS in both sections.....so I got jumpy :)

I suppose I would get whichever one fit into my theme more. Honestly with edition sizes in play, I think you could get Captain Marvel EX at a reasonable price after release.

This statue will be a dogfight to PO or secure on the secondary market.

Mamba
01-12-2016, 12:22 AM
My bad, Mamba. It just been so much XM vs SS in both sections.....so I got jumpy :)

I suppose I would get whichever one fit into my theme more. Honestly with edition sizes in play, I think you could get Captain Marvel EX at a reasonable price after release.

This statue will be a dogfight to PO or secure on the secondary market.

Good point.

epitaph04
01-12-2016, 12:23 AM
What's better, this statue, or a fridge?

built2shred
01-12-2016, 12:50 AM

Fridge !!!! Duff Beer :drooling:

loricstone
01-12-2016, 04:05 AM
I was just asking a question, no trolling. I have statues from both companies and support both. You don't have to answer if you don't like my question.

I am debating between the 2 which one I should get.

Well....don't know if this helps but I am definitely getting She-Thor...and possibly getting Captain Marvel. Both are exquisite looking. RIght now since She Thor is unpainted....I would have to go with CM. I think that is only fair at this point. But once painted, I think I would prefer She-Thor...especially since I already have an XM Captain Marvel.

Demona
01-12-2016, 08:36 AM

Statue. It's winter where I am, I can just put my stuff outside for 2 months then order take-out :)

davide87ita
05-05-2016, 11:52 AM
"Xm 1/4scale Thor (Jane Foster) done printing.....thanks to ownage crews ..." xm fb

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13124811_1678294439057915_1344875213783706177_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e2393747e8df1f3c8322c32a6289aebb&oe=57B778E7

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13173724_1678294475724578_4633599207579885201_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=49dc8b31eecd6ad9eb2f6a1f8a8c9375&oe=57A3514C

toe
05-05-2016, 11:55 AM
great details

wanderlai
05-05-2016, 12:01 PM
Amazing looking statue but I'm not sure I need a lady Thor.

adee
05-05-2016, 12:04 PM
Awesome details on this. I'm not sure I understand the tongue falling out of the base. That head is supposed to be a statue right?
Or is it an actual living frost giant?

lucifixion
05-05-2016, 12:20 PM
I think it's supposed to be an actual frost giant. Living? Perhaps not so much :)

khrisc
05-05-2016, 12:25 PM
the hand is blocking the view of the head :(

Demona
05-05-2016, 12:38 PM
Dammit!!! Why does this have to look so good?!

I have never read one single comic with her but the detail is unreal. And I really want this. And I don't usually say that for characters I haven't read about.

Must show willpower.....must save $ for mutants....

SONICobra
05-05-2016, 12:41 PM
if they would do an esad ribic marvel now thor like this I would pass out

Thor57
05-05-2016, 02:17 PM
if they would do an esad ribic marvel now thor like this I would pass out

This.

Redpower
05-05-2016, 02:21 PM
This.

Yep;

Redpower
05-05-2016, 02:27 PM
I mean next Thor have to be like that kind of lady thor pose, sooo dynamic

AC_808
05-05-2016, 03:09 PM
"Xm 1/4scale Thor (Jane Foster) done printing.....thanks to ownage crews ..." xm fb

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13124811_1678294439057915_1344875213783706177_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=e2393747e8df1f3c8322c32a6289aebb&oe=57B778E7

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13173724_1678294475724578_4633599207579885201_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=49dc8b31eecd6ad9eb2f6a1f8a8c9375&oe=57A3514C

Beautiful!! ...Geez, do I need to get this, too!?

Demona
05-05-2016, 03:10 PM
For the record -- this is now these are the best female headsculpts XM has ever done. Every part of them is great.

Let's see how the paints go.

Ugh...why am I still considering ordering this?!

SONICobra
05-05-2016, 03:29 PM
gwen looks great as well

Redpower
05-05-2016, 03:51 PM
Maybe a lightbase , eye ?

rjszar
05-21-2016, 01:49 PM
I wish I hadn't seen this. If it weren't for a post in the Medusa thread about this dethroning Magneto as top XM piece, I wouldn't have looked. The detailing in this is over the top crazy. Headsculpts look fantastic. Gotta try to get it out of my mind. From now on, I don't visit any threads except X-Men.

actionjackson83
05-21-2016, 03:27 PM
I like the two hands reeling back pose the best

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/2659/EhpFai.jpg

cpluse2
05-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Wow , I'm like this and the detail. Come back and so much stuff is out. Going to be a crazy 2016 and 2017 for XM.

dechirico7
05-21-2016, 06:28 PM
The details are insane.
I hope we see a female X-Men soon.
Or Enchantress.

Demona
05-21-2016, 08:29 PM
Damn her face is stunning.....

wolf-brother
05-21-2016, 08:35 PM
The unmasked portrait reminds me of Legertha from Vikings.

That portrait with the two hand hammer pose is terrific!

actionjackson83
05-21-2016, 08:58 PM
The unmasked portrait reminds me of Legertha from Vikings.

That portrait with the two hand hammer pose is terrific!
https://imageshack.com/i/plEhpFaij
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BdFrPtslzDw/maxresdefault.jpg

why yes.... yes she does lol

Silverine
05-21-2016, 09:19 PM

love it and love vikings LOL

risingstar
05-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Stunning piece. Love it.

cpluse2
05-22-2016, 01:57 AM
love it and love vikings LOL

Is this the real unmask pic. I don't see this on there FB post?

It's Sisko
09-20-2016, 03:27 AM
Here is my video of She-Thor from STGCC 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oswb--APbJ8

Demona
12-22-2016, 09:50 AM
Guess who got some Lady Thor TPB for Christmas?

Now I could be in trouble of wanting this statue too.....

I'm really wondering why this piece is taking SO DAMN LONG to paint. What is mouse house doing to it?

loricstone
12-22-2016, 12:46 PM
Guess who got some Lady Thor TPB for Christmas?

Now I could be in trouble of wanting this statue too.....

I'm really wondering why this piece is taking SO DAMN LONG to paint. What is mouse house doing to it?

I think its just in the queue to be painted up. There are still tons of statues XM hasn't even put up for PO yet that are probably in front of this.

Sub-Mariner
Moon Knight
Beta Ray Bill
Spiderman
Carnage
Classic Iron Man
Iron Fist

Demona
12-22-2016, 03:51 PM
There is no way that any of those EXCEPT Classic IM should be before this.

She was previewed and printed long before the others. She and Lady Sif have been bumped way back for some reason. I just don't get it.

There has been a serious lack of females to PO lately. As you know, I'm hyper aware of my options :)

actionjackson83
12-22-2016, 04:43 PM
Namor is the only one I think that was previewed before her, possibly classic Iron man as well. everyone else on that list came after not that I'd care though, gives me more time to save before another pre-order lol.

loricstone
12-22-2016, 05:28 PM
There is no way that any of those EXCEPT Classic IM should be before this.

She was previewed and printed long before the others. She and Lady Sif have been bumped way back for some reason. I just don't get it.

There has been a serious lack of females to PO lately. As you know, I'm hyper aware of my options :)

Yeah but everytime Xm shows a new lady coming out...you change your mind and go for the newer one. :laugh:

First Medusa...then Catwoman...then Black Cat....and we all know when Storm (just a matter of time) shows up you will be gungho for her and push the others to the rear. So....what's it gonna be??? :thinking:

What happens if a phenomenal Wonder Woman and Storm show up and go for PO around the same time? Which one would you choose?

Demona
12-22-2016, 06:57 PM
Storm all day all the time. I'm ride or die 'Roro. I'm so diehard that I can justify her beating WW in thd MarvelvsDC comic.

But none of that answers the questions of where She Thor went.

And for the record, Ivy took Catwoman's spot bc I think that is a stunning Ivy for any theme. Black Cat will be a go unless the cat base sucks. Storm is a lock. WW is a battle vs Prime One. But if all of these drop at once, I can't get them all. Storm would be it.

Oh and there are two others I would buy, but I think I have time. Or rather will never be made by any company: Harley with Hyenas and Savageland Rogue.

Issun
05-08-2017, 12:55 PM
I don't know very much about She Thor but this sculpt is amazing. The intricate details on her armor, especially the chest piece, is enough to make me add this to my collection. Any word on when they'll actually reveal the final piece painted and all or a PO date?

nearmint
05-08-2017, 01:16 PM
While I like this piece, I like Sif even more. Of course, that might change when we see She-Thor painted.

loricstone
05-08-2017, 03:26 PM
I don't know very much about She Thor but this sculpt is amazing. The intricate details on her armor, especially the chest piece, is enough to make me add this to my collection. Any word on when they'll actually reveal the final piece painted and all or a PO date?

STGCC. XM witheld a ton of product for STGCC. I don't think it an overexaggeration to think XM will have at least 30 - 40 new projects down there this year.

Issun
05-08-2017, 03:32 PM
STGCC. XM witheld a ton of product for STGCC. I don't think it an overexaggeration to think XM will have at least 30 - 40 new projects down there this year.

Well hot damn, can't wait!!

Demona
05-08-2017, 03:48 PM
Argh. Thought this bump would have some new pics.

Issun
05-08-2017, 06:30 PM
Argh. Thought this bump would have some new pics.

Soon hopefully, STGCC is just around the corner. ;)

silentwinter92
09-19-2017, 08:19 AM
bump for more love for this thread

Demona
09-19-2017, 01:23 PM
What I couldn't find is if the non-helmet portrait is still coming with this piece. THAT is the one I want to see painted up.

Bmutha
09-19-2017, 03:50 PM
What I couldn't find is if the non-helmet portrait is still coming with this piece. THAT is the one I want to see painted up.

I could be wrong, but I thought I heard at the show that it was not approved.

QX403
09-19-2017, 04:11 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought I heard at the show that it was not approved.

That sucks, I passed on Sideshows version for this very reason. I wonder why Marvel isn't approving them when they did for the Koto Bishoujo.

Demona
09-19-2017, 06:53 PM
I'm not shocked bc Jane was never shown as Thor with her helmet off. However, it's a damn shame that beautiful portrait is going to waste. I loved the hair in it especially.

I almost hope they do a Valkeryie or even Angela and use that face.

QX403
09-19-2017, 06:55 PM
I'm not shocked bc Jane was never shown as Thor with her helmet off. However, it's a damn shame that beautiful portrait is going to waste. I loved the hair in it especially.

Maybe but how did Kotobukiya with a worldwide license get approval to do it?

Comicbookguy
09-19-2017, 08:39 PM

It was shown with the bishoujo statue...:dork:

Demona
09-20-2017, 08:09 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. Koto also seems to be the only people allowed to make a Rogue statue in recent years. Not sure how they were allowed to do that either.

actionjackson83
09-20-2017, 10:19 AM
follow the money....

Demona
09-20-2017, 11:13 AM
;)

Always the money and the big dog

actionjackson83
09-20-2017, 11:14 AM
If big dog can't do it, you can be damn sure XM won't be able to lol

actionjackson83
09-20-2017, 11:15 AM
I do hope they reuse that head for Valkyrie that'd be perfect, and I hope Caleb gets to sculpt her.

Demona
09-05-2018, 02:22 PM
So I'm just saying....let's make a tiny modifications to the suit and change the portrait and wham bam -- Asgardian Storm. One portrait with vintage Mohawk, the other with the more current long hair.

Why let this fun pose go to waste?

I like the two hands reeling back pose the best

Professor
09-15-2018, 09:53 PM
So I'm just saying....let's make a tiny modifications to the suit and change the portrait and wham bam -- Asgardian Storm. One portrait with vintage Mohawk, the other with the more current long hair.

Hate to see this go to the way side. I would buy the Jane or storm version (prefer storm) because I am really liking this statue. I have the ss statue and would still buy this.

Augen
09-15-2018, 10:14 PM

Discover a piece you didn't know existed.

Love it.

Find out it was cancelled.

Man, I really hope they get to do Brunhilde at some point as I wait on Sif news.

A R E S
10-15-2018, 09:11 AM
Is the whole piece cancelled or only the unmasked head?

built2shred
10-15-2018, 11:11 AM
This would of been a great companion piece to that other Thor statue they cancelled...

Yuppy1123
10-15-2018, 02:25 PM
This got cancelled along with Sif

Augen
10-15-2018, 02:51 PM
This got cancelled along with Sif

Where did you see Sif was canceled?

I asked XM on July 28th and they said, "We are still working on Lady Sif but no updates as of now!"

Yuppy1123
10-15-2018, 03:09 PM
Where did you see Sif was canceled?

I asked XM on July 28th and they said, "We are still working on Lady Sif but no updates as of now!"

So over two months ago ?. They got cancelled

AlexLothos
10-16-2018, 11:32 AM

Yowsa, what's this now...???

Discover a piece you didn't know existed.

Love it.

Find out it was cancelled.

Yup, that was my roller-coaster of a ride with this, too.

:goodpost::iagree:

C'mon, XM... let's make this happen!

Destroyous
04-30-2022, 01:17 PM
Ah man I just saw this on YouTube and it looked great. That’s too bad. Yeah why let the whole thing go to waste?

GrumpyBear
10-19-2022, 03:32 AM
Picture by Ang Seng

"The team is working on another sexy lady... call me Thor... ", Ang Seng.

XM Studios Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudios/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED)

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudiosgheroes/)

https://abload.de/img/312323284_32494437386v1ivf.jpg

Royalguard
10-19-2022, 03:43 AM
The first reveal was before my time. Glad to see XM still plugging away at this one!

Ish3183
10-19-2022, 05:12 AM
Finally! Please have a good portrait.

Asgard
10-19-2022, 07:05 AM
In our forum in Germany there are photos from 2017.
It's the same statue, isn't it ???

http://up.picr.de/30320146vr.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320147dl.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320148yf.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320149ow.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320150ln.jpg

I love the dynamic pose, but as noted on the forum, it's doubtful anyone can turn their head that far.

Demona
10-19-2022, 08:08 AM
The non-helmet portrait shown MANY years ago was so crazy pretty. I hope that one is still going to be used. No screaming, just calm determination on a beautiful woman.

jeremydmc
10-19-2022, 08:31 AM
I hope this gives some movement to the Lady Sif statue returning as well.

austintheng
10-19-2022, 09:26 AM
Lol at the title 'She Thor'
Shouldn't it be Lady Thor or Jane Foster 'Thor'?

It's great seeing XM revisit this character again. The project was initially shelved for don't know what reason. But I'm glad it's coming back because there was quite a number of demand for this character. I guess Marvel wants XM to revive the project because of the movie Thor: Love and Thunder.

jeremydmc
10-19-2022, 09:36 AM
The pose reminds me of Michelangelo's Creation of Adam painting a little. I agree the head is way too far around on that yelling portrait. Very unnatural looking.

Augen
10-19-2022, 10:13 AM
I hope this gives some movement to the Lady Sif statue returning as well.

I officially cancelled that pre order this year after years of holding out hope.

Now expect these to come back 8 years after initial announcement at twice the price forcing me to pass.

Well done XM.

Augen
10-19-2022, 10:14 AM

Yes, maybe with some tweaks.

Absurd wait time on this and Sif, really turned me off XM.

jeremydmc
10-19-2022, 10:15 AM
I officially cancelled that pre order this year after years of holding out hope.

Now expect these to come back 8 years after initial announcement at twice the price forcing me to pass.

Well done XM.

I cancelled mine around the same time you did.

I agree, if they did end up making Lady Sif after all it would be outrageously priced compared to the initial offering.

NorthernLadMSP
10-19-2022, 10:24 AM
Excited to finally see this. Hope they fixed some of it's issues.

Asgard
10-19-2022, 10:26 AM

Well done XM.

Yeah, at that time I would have bought the statue. Today I have no more interest in She-Thor.

Unfortunately, typically XM, Lady Sif has been altered to the negative. I didn't like that changes back then

AC_808
10-19-2022, 03:23 PM

http://up.picr.de/30320146vr.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320147dl.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320148yf.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320149ow.jpg

http://up.picr.de/30320150ln.jpg

I love the dynamic pose, but as noted on the forum, it's doubtful anyone can turn their head that far.

It's the same character, but not necessarily the same sculpt. The new pic shows her right leg up. And the abdomen area looks different. And the armor is dark grey.

Those pics you posted have her left leg up. And the armor is silver.

AC_808
10-19-2022, 03:28 PM
Lol at the title 'She Thor'
Shouldn't it be Lady Thor or Jane Foster 'Thor'?

It's great seeing XM revisit this character again. The project was initially shelved for don't know what reason. But I'm glad it's coming back because there was quite a number of demand for this character. I guess Marvel wants XM to revive the project because of the movie Thor: Love and Thunder.

Yeah, Lady Thor or Jane Foster Thor are more accurate. Sounds better too.

Infinite GLORY
10-20-2022, 09:47 AM
Yikes at the neck movement there. I just tried to turn my head that far and there's no way your chin would reach the middle of your shoulder. It can reach the outside of the shoulder, sure, but that's extreme. Hopefully this new statue has more natural movement.

Markhatestoys
10-20-2022, 02:21 PM
I really love that original reveal from 2018. Unfortunately this seems to be a different concept.

NorthernLadMSP
12-07-2022, 07:24 PM
Apparently, they're showing this off this weekend at the store.

NorthernLadMSP
12-08-2022, 07:21 AM
Pics.

FastballSpecial
12-08-2022, 07:37 AM
Wow is this finally happening?

GrumpyBear
12-08-2022, 08:24 AM
Pictures by XM Studios and Anton Wu

"XM Studios Mighty Thor 1/4 Statue"

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/xmstudiosgheroes/)

https://abload.de/img/7rvcc2.jpg

https://abload.de/img/15v1dnm.png

Augen
12-08-2022, 08:37 AM
I have no idea why they scrapped the prior version from years ago. Prefer it by a long margin. Makes me worried for Sif (not that I really expect that to happen anymore).

jeremydmc
12-08-2022, 09:37 AM
I have no idea why they scrapped the prior version from years ago. Prefer it by a long margin. Makes me worried for Sif (not that I really expect that to happen anymore).

I feel the same. The version they showed years ago was much, much better. Nothing about this new version is superior to the SS PF I already have. Just like XM changed their Supergirl to look much older they have once again saved me money.

NorthernLadMSP
12-08-2022, 09:39 AM
I feel the same. The version they showed years ago was much, much better. Nothing about this new version is superior to the SS PF I already have. Just like XM changed their Supergirl to look much older they have once again saved me money.

Yep, that's how I feel about Mr. Sinister too. The old design was a buy, new a pass. This is more proof that their changes are almost always for the worse.

Demona
12-08-2022, 10:15 AM
Such a HUGE downgrade from what they sneaked all those years ago. All the fine details I loved on her armor are gone. The yellow/gold on the helmet is very distracting and ugly - ditch it XM. It's not even comic or movie accurate.

Also, how sad the base got changed. This is just some basic b!tch base now. The giant face was both comic accurate and way more awesome.

Augen
12-08-2022, 12:21 PM

What might have been...

komodo112
12-08-2022, 02:30 PM

Agreed.

I prefer the previous version light years over this one.

jeremydmc
12-08-2022, 02:37 PM
Funny, of all the XM reveals today I actually like one of them and of course it is not in the scale I want. LOL

Demona
12-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Not the scale?

jeremydmc
12-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Funny, of all the XM reveals today I actually like one of them and of course it is not in the scale I want. LOL

Not the scale?

Sorry, my post was confusing. I like the XM Drowned statue but want it in 1:6 scale to go with my XM Aquaman and Mera. Lady Thor I would have bought in 1:4 but not a fan of the changes they made. The only XM reveal I would like to get and it is not in the right scale. LOL

Asgard
12-08-2022, 06:27 PM
I still think she looks like she's stumbling.

That would have been a safe buy
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/a/img921/2659/EhpFai.jpg

Demona
12-08-2022, 10:39 PM
God damn that original sculpt is one of the most beautiful female action pieces. What could have been…

Professor
12-12-2022, 01:30 PM
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/a/img921/2659/EhpFai.jpg

I wish they would use this for a Storm, Goddess of Thunder, statue. OMG that would be an instant buy for me and I think it would put most of the Storm statues currently out to shame.

It is like every version of this statue is a downgrade instead of an upgrade, how do you manage to do that? :vortex:

With all that being said I'm on the fence about this one (I love the character) and will have to wait for more photos. But I'm underwhelmed right now. :waa::waah:

Demona
12-12-2022, 03:49 PM
If the unmasked portrait still exists and is the original shown all those year ago, this piece will be saved.

Ish3183
12-14-2022, 07:22 AM
This just went up for PO at Spec for $1109. Does anyone know if there are switch outs? From what I can tell there doesn?t seem to be any. Kind of surprised at the price given it?s slightly more expensive than Venom and that piece has several portraits and is huge.

Augen
12-14-2022, 07:45 AM
This just went up for PO at Spec for $1109. Does anyone know if there are switch outs? From what I can tell there doesn?t seem to be any. Kind of surprised at the price given it?s slightly more expensive than Venom and that piece has several portraits and is huge.

Regular Price - $1249

Early Bird Pricing - $1109 (FULL PAY) / $1149 (DEPOSIT/FLEXPAY)

-----------

I don't want to diminish anyone excited for this, but this is an an instance where I'm glad I don't like this piece. For a 1:4 with no swaps and modest base I'd struggle to justify this price.

Ish3183
12-14-2022, 08:33 AM
Regular Price - $1249

-----------

I don't want to diminish anyone excited for this, but this is an an instance where I'm glad I don't like this piece. For a 1:4 with no swaps and modest base I'd struggle to justify this price.

Yea, I was looking forward to this but the price doesn?t make sense considering no switch outs.

NorthernLadMSP
12-14-2022, 08:47 AM
Sideshow's is better. The only thing the XM trumps it on is the fact it's fully sculpted.

jeremydmc
12-14-2022, 09:06 AM
Regular Price - $1249

-----------

WOW, I agree. Overpriced and not near as nice as the original sculpt.

Bronze Thanos
12-14-2022, 10:05 AM
Feels like XM is testing the market to see if they can do a price bump on some of these new statues.

Augen
12-14-2022, 10:54 AM
Sideshow's is better. The only thing the XM trumps it on is the fact it's fully sculpted.

I'm happy with my Sideshow piece, and the mixed media bits are fine by me.

jeremydmc
12-14-2022, 10:55 AM

I love my Sideshow piece. When I get to the point of downsizing my collection in 10 years or so she is a keeper. LOL

AC_808
12-14-2022, 11:18 AM

I love my Sideshow piece. When I get to the point of downsizing my collection in 10 years or so she is a keeper. LOL

Same here. Love mine from Sideshow. There really is no need to get this XM one.

AC_808
12-14-2022, 11:20 AM
Feels like XM is testing the market to see if they can do a price bump on some of these new statues.

If they are, it's bad timing. High prices is pushing people away right now.

Augen
12-14-2022, 11:54 AM
If they are, it's bad timing. High prices is pushing people away right now.

Sideshow is doing crazy sales knocking $100-$300 off some 1:4 pieces and XM wants to tack on another $200 on top of their already premium pricing?

Good luck.

AC_808
12-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Sideshow is doing crazy sales knocking $100-$300 off some 1:4 pieces and XM wants to tack on another $200 on top of their already premium pricing?

Good luck.

My exact sentiment.

Halcyon
12-14-2022, 12:50 PM

That is why i skip the WAR statue also (Four Horsemen line). The 1899sgd is more than some other big XM statues and to receive this I have to pay 1950euro which for me is too much for random 1/4 statue.
Really hope the smaller 'Pestilence' and 'Famine' are lower priced. If not i'm probably done with XM, bcs in addition to price, their own designs become less appealing too.

Ish3183
12-14-2022, 01:14 PM
I missed out on Sideshow's and it's fairly expensive through eBay. I was hoping XM's would be the one. Oh well.

jimmy98
12-14-2022, 01:45 PM
That is why i skip the WAR statue also (Four Horsemen line). The 1899sgd is more than some other big XM statues and to receive this I have to pay 1950euro which for me is too much for random 1/4 statue.
Really hope the smaller 'Pestilence' and 'Famine' are lower priced. If not i'm probably done with XM, bcs in addition to price, their own designs become less appealing too.

Not sure the prices are justifiable for 1/4 scales anymore.

Some that'd have been nice to pick up but I think now there's only a few characters XM could produce that'd turn my head at current prices.

Hannibal10
12-14-2022, 03:15 PM
Not sure the prices are justifiable for 1/4 scales anymore.

Some that'd have been nice to pick up but I think now there's only a few characters XM could produce that'd turn my head at current prices.

Agreed. I was in for both this and Spidey until I saw the price.

Mepaphoros
12-14-2022, 03:16 PM

Good luck.

Yeah, the ES is a huge difference but if no one likes the piece it doesn't matter how few there are. I know SS Gambit was nice, but they made like thousands so they're basically giving them away at this point (I think it was 1/3 off a week or two ago?). XM statues have gotten crazy expensive lately, I'm glad I got in before the recent surge.

Augen
12-14-2022, 04:16 PM
Yeah, the ES is a huge difference but if no one likes the piece it doesn't matter how few there are. I know SS Gambit was nice, but they made like thousands so they're basically giving them away at this point (I think it was 1/3 off a week or two ago?). XM statues have gotten crazy expensive lately, I'm glad I got in before the recent surge.

I'll be curious if a year after release this piece is available to buy with its ES.

Unless XM makes a character I desperately want and nails it I think they've priced me out.

GL_2814
12-15-2022, 04:47 PM
Does anyone know the dimensions of this statue?

Professor
12-18-2022, 12:18 PM
This just ain't my week. Between this and Batwoman, I guess XM wants me to save money.

Then, on top of the price hikes, they are using pricing scare tatics to get your money before Sideshow's 12 days. I love my sideshow Jane, it was my first pre-order statue so it has a special place in my collection. I'm more than happy with only having 1 Jane statue.

GrumpyBear
03-15-2023, 05:03 AM
XM Studios News

"Our next Marvel Premium Collectibles Series Statue! XM Studios Mighty Thor 1/4 Scale Statue is coming soon for Pre-Order!"

https://abload.de/img/1vyizu.jpg

GrumpyBear
03-16-2023, 05:04 AM
XM Studios News

- The Mighty Thor will be ready for Pre-Order on 17th March 2023! -

"Jane Foster was granted Thor?s powers when she was deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir. This statue showcases her Asgardian strength and flight as she charges forward with the Mjolnir in her hand as the new Goddess of Thunder."

- Pre-Order Video XM Studios Mighty Thor 1/4 Scale Statue (https://youtu.be/25x4wEec2wA) -

GrumpyBear
03-17-2023, 05:07 AM
XM Studios News

- The Mighty Thor is ready for Pre-Order now! -

"XM Studios is excited to present the next 1/4 scale Marvel Premium Collectibles, Mighty Thor! Jane Foster was granted Thor’s powers when she was deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir. This statue showcases her Asgardian strength and flight as she charges forward with the Mjolnir in her hand as the new Goddess of Thunder. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Mighty Thor is seen in mid-flight on an ice crystal base battlefield as she wields the mythical hammer, preparing to throw an attack. She is cladded in Asgardian armor in silver, red and black colour scheme, with leathery tones and textures modernized in XM style. Her unwavering determination to take down the enemies is striking beneath her winged helm."

https://abload.de/img/1sjfyk.jpg

https://abload.de/img/26ginw.jpg

https://abload.de/img/39mdwe.jpg

https://abload.de/img/46mfik.jpg

https://abload.de/img/5g2cec.jpg

https://abload.de/img/6qtisb.jpg

https://abload.de/img/7dkes8.jpg

https://abload.de/img/8eze3c.jpg

https://abload.de/img/9mcflz.jpg

https://abload.de/img/10drdsz.jpg

GrumpyBear
03-17-2023, 05:07 AM
XM Studios News

- The Mighty Thor is ready for Pre-Order now! -

"XM Studios is excited to present the next 1/4 scale Marvel Premium Collectibles, Mighty Thor! Jane Foster was granted Thor’s powers when she was deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir. This statue showcases her Asgardian strength and flight as she charges forward with the Mjolnir in her hand as the new Goddess of Thunder. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with XM’s famous quality finish, and comes in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Mighty Thor is seen in mid-flight on an ice crystal base battlefield as she wields the mythical hammer, preparing to throw an attack. She is cladded in Asgardian armor in silver, red and black colour scheme, with leathery tones and textures modernized in XM style. Her unwavering determination to take down the enemies is striking beneath her winged helm."

https://abload.de/img/1159fye.jpg

https://abload.de/img/12eoix6.jpg

https://abload.de/img/13iaett.jpg

https://abload.de/img/14z8e51.jpg

https://abload.de/img/165rck2.jpg

https://abload.de/img/17dxeeg.jpg

https://abload.de/img/19ukec8.jpg

https://abload.de/img/214qfsd.jpg

https://abload.de/img/223beau.jpg

https://abload.de/img/23haiq5.jpg

IcedDog
03-17-2023, 10:10 AM
I like it...but no un-helmeted portrait?

NorthernLadMSP
03-17-2023, 10:19 AM
I think she looks really good. I think I prefer the original pose, but I do really like this piece overall. I think I like this base more than the original design's base.

jeremydmc
03-17-2023, 10:21 AM
I preferred the original pose also. While this one looks nice, it is not nice enough to get me to replace my Jane Foster PF. I may be buried with that one. LOL

NorthernLadMSP
03-17-2023, 10:39 AM
I preferred the original pose also. While this one looks nice, it is not nice enough to get me to replace my Jane Foster PF. I may be buried with that one. LOL

Yeah, they're both gorgeous pieces. Obviously, the fully sculpted nature of this one is my preference, but the Sideshow piece has a great base and museum pose. I think they'd look amazing next to each other.

moyiori
03-17-2023, 11:17 AM
This came out pretty good, not something i'd PO but for thor fans its another option

azurepred
03-17-2023, 09:22 PM
I think this is one of their better female statues that I've seen them make. The base isn't a jumbled mess and it's nice and compact with a dynamic pose. If I were going for a "she" Thor, I think I'd go with this. It doesn't seem to be getting much love on fb.

GrumpyBear
07-18-2023, 02:53 AM
XM Studios News

- Photos on XM Studios prototype XM Mighty Thor 1:4 statue by Art Statue Collector -

"Jane Foster was granted Thor?s powers when she was deemed worthy to wield Mjolnir. Her Asgardian strength and flight are showcased here as she charges forward with the Mjolnir in her hand as the new Goddess of Thunder."

https://abload.de/img/53sip0.png

https://abload.de/img/62aeo5.png

https://abload.de/img/7rtc6w.png

https://abload.de/img/8i3d3g.png

Sjb
07-18-2023, 06:01 AM
This looks really nice and I love the action pose. If I didn’t already have Sideshow Jane Foster I would definitely pick this up. Have restricted my collection to one statue per character.

azurepred
07-18-2023, 08:22 PM
Yep, this one turned out really good. I may bite down the road if there is a nice discount on one.

Peedi
07-19-2023, 03:10 AM
This was first revealed in 2015.
Still seeing previews in 2023.

8 years in the making and counting.

Wow.