PDA

View Full Version : Gaming heads Mass Effect silence

Silas Loki
12-25-2015, 03:26 PM
Hello

Anyone else concerned by the apparent silence and lack of news on the ME line?

Does anyone know what's going on?

Gyro Zeppeli
12-25-2015, 04:13 PM
They could be waiting on more information of the fourth one so they can show off statues for it.

Silas Loki
12-25-2015, 06:17 PM
That's what I'm worried about! The new game is fast approaching, and the relevance of the old characters will wane! We may never see Jack, Miranda or any of the characters we all want to see!

Plus, who cares about the new characters at this point?

dao2
12-25-2015, 07:25 PM
I really hope the new one doesn't make them stop the ME3 line :(

Gyro Zeppeli
12-28-2015, 10:07 PM
That's what I'm worried about! The new game is fast approaching, and the relevance of the old characters will wane! We may never see Jack, Miranda or any of the characters we all want to see!

Plus, who cares about the new characters at this point?

Never lose hope!

Have you tried asking them on their FB or anything? They might just tell you if they at least have more ME3 pieces planned.

Jiggatron69
12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
Man, if I don't get a Miranda statue at this point it will be very disappointing. I would like a ME3 version of Jack and Ashley too. I've been waiting for soooooo long. Got the slots all ready for them but yet their spaces stands silent and empty. :(

KELPIE
12-29-2015, 05:31 PM
Similar to their Team Fortress 2 releases.

They came out with a bang and then nothing for the longest time.

Hopefully they finish the TF2 line and get to more ME3 statues.

Joberyn
01-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Last I heard they haven't even begun production on the Tali statue. They told me they were putting it on hold.

dao2
01-01-2016, 07:02 AM
wat :|

Joberyn
01-02-2016, 04:03 AM
This was back in August. I was told that the production schedule of co-operate factories have been very full, and they were unable to get any of them to start production.

Silas Loki
01-02-2016, 05:26 AM
This is exactly why this hobby / industry will eventually implode. Companies baiting customers, demanding pre-orders, all with no control (or care) for when (or in which quality) the product will be delivered.

I can see clearly the strategy behind this line, in terms of character release, and while I understand it, I feel it is only effective if they have a concrete and controlled plan to actually complete the line.

I know I'm ranting a bit, and with very little facts to justify my (pre)rant , but we see this so often from companies......and they (general public / interested parties) wonder why "collectors are fickle" in their support of companies, or appear to lack loyalty to a line.

I started out wanting to collect the whole line, but after seeing Mordin as the latest offering, I decided to hold back (I wasn't that bothered by Tali that much either, but preordered as I'm a completist :p ), just because I knew the characters I really want (Jack, Miranda & Ashley) are a loonngg way off.....if ever, and I was scared to get lumbered with a bunch of statues I didn't really care about, just so I could "show support" and help guarantee the line would continue.

brentflynn
01-02-2016, 07:18 AM
I hope the line continues. I really want a Rex and Legion.
A Shepard would be nice as well, even though Garrus and Liara display well with the SS Shepard (with the helmet on).

dao2
01-02-2016, 07:33 AM
well that is different I guess ><

I and I
01-02-2016, 10:17 AM
They postponed because the factory was a bit overloaded.. not because they are doubting their line. That is my thoughts over this subject. I think the statues are high enough in demand.

Joberyn
01-03-2016, 06:03 AM
This is exactly why this hobby / industry will eventually implode. Companies baiting customers, demanding pre-orders, all with no control (or care) for when (or in which quality) the product will be delivered.

I can see clearly the strategy behind this line, in terms of character release, and while I understand it, I feel it is only effective if they have a concrete and controlled plan to actually complete the line.

I know I'm ranting a bit, and with very little facts to justify my (pre)rant , but we see this so often from companies......and they (general public / interested parties) wonder why "collectors are fickle" in their support of companies, or appear to lack loyalty to a line.

I started out wanting to collect the whole line, but after seeing Mordin as the latest offering, I decided to hold back (I wasn't that bothered by Tali that much either, but preordered as I'm a completist :p ), just because I knew the characters I really want (Jack, Miranda & Ashley) are a loonngg way off.....if ever, and I was scared to get lumbered with a bunch of statues I didn't really care about, just so I could "show support" and help guarantee the line would continue.

I tend to agree with this. Granted I am new to collecting, and this is my first series. I've been told that delays are common in this business, but I cancelled the Tali pre order after hearing of the hold it was put on. Seeing Mordin as the next statue doesn't really spark my interest either. I'd have preferred they finish out the ME1 team at least - Ashley, Kaidan and Wrex - before moving onto ME2/3 that way if the line does for some reason get cancelled, we can have the original team. I mentioned before, it isn't very comforting to see them trying to gain more licenses when they don't seem capable of handling their existing lineup within schedule. At this rate, we'll be well into ME6 before we finish the original trilogy team.

Silas Loki
01-03-2016, 06:40 AM
I tend to agree with this. Granted I am new to collecting, and this is my first series. I've been told that delays are common in this business, but I cancelled the Tali pre order after hearing of the hold it was put on. Seeing Mordin as the next statue doesn't really spark my interest either. I'd have preferred they finish out the ME1 team at least - Ashley, Kaidan and Wrex - before moving onto ME2/3 that way if the line does for some reason get cancelled, we can have the original team. I mentioned before, it isn't very comforting to see them trying to gain more licenses when they don't seem capable of handling their existing lineup within schedule. At this rate, we'll be well into ME6 before we finish the original trilogy team.

That's a good point. There does appear to be a mad rush for companies (GH included) to grab licences for various Intellectual Properties, just to do very little / nothing with them. If you look at the GH website, and check out the "Licences" tab, some sub tabs have as little as one product available....with no news / show of intent to progress further products under those IPs.

I'm not sure if this is just a corporate strategy for manufacturers to limit / prevent other makers from getting those licences? Or whether it's just plain simple business mismanagement?!?

Either way, if Tali is delayed, God only knows when Mordin will be released.

shadow.broker
01-04-2016, 05:56 AM
Man, if I don't get a Miranda statue at this point it will be very disappointing. I would like a ME3 version of Jack and Ashley too. I've been waiting for soooooo long. Got the slots all ready for them but yet their spaces stands silent and empty. :(
Exactly, I was hoping they would make a Miranda statue. It could be based on this artwork:

http://i.imgur.com/uD1w2wy.jpg?1

Gannon
01-04-2016, 12:15 PM
I dont know what you guys are worried about - emailed them and they said that the ME line is definitely going to have new products.

Silas Loki
01-04-2016, 03:47 PM
I dont know what you guys are worried about - emailed them and they said that the ME line is definitely going to have new products.

On, well, that's OK then, panic over :rolleyes: :thinking:

Joberyn
01-05-2016, 03:28 AM
That's a good point. There does appear to be a mad rush for companies (GH included) to grab licences for various Intellectual Properties, just to do very little / nothing with them. If you look at the GH website, and check out the "Licences" tab, some sub tabs have as little as one product available....with no news / show of intent to progress further products under those IPs.

I'm not sure if this is just a corporate strategy for manufacturers to limit / prevent other makers from getting those licences? Or whether it's just plain simple business mismanagement?!?

Either way, if Tali is delayed, God only knows when Mordin will be released.

Garrus and Liara were delayed for a couple of months. May be another situation like that. In somewhat related news, I'm waiting for them to announce the next in the DAI lineup. Starting off with that particular Morrigan wasn't very strong, so I hope they aren't discouraged by a potential lack of pre orders on that. It'd be sold out by now had it been her iconic outfit.

Jiggatron69
01-05-2016, 09:09 PM
Garrus and Liara were delayed for a couple of months. May be another situation like that. In somewhat related news, I'm waiting for them to announce the next in the DAI lineup. Starting off with that particular Morrigan wasn't very strong, so I hope they aren't discouraged by a potential lack of pre orders on that. It'd be sold out by now had it been her iconic outfit.

Her iconic outfit would of rocked but not sure if they were up to the task of sculpting that as their first attempt. It would of been much more expensive I'm sure so they probably weighed the cost vs benefit of it and went with the one they presented as a compromise.

Tacheyon
01-06-2016, 02:59 AM
Her iconic outfit would of rocked but not sure if they were up to the task of sculpting that as their first attempt. It would of been much more expensive I'm sure so they probably weighed the cost vs benefit of it and went with the one they presented as a compromise.

Really? I would've thought her original (or her more PG-13 DA:I version) be a simpler form to sculpt then this dress with all it's ruffles and fabrics.

While I am hoping to see versions of Lady Cassandra, Lilianna, Josephine and Iron Bull I don't hold much hope that it'll happen.

Joberyn
01-07-2016, 12:44 AM

Her outfit is actually pretty simple, especially compared to some of the skyrim statues they're doing.

Joberyn
01-08-2016, 12:18 AM
According to the facebook page, Tali isn't expected to be out until June/July. That is simply preposterous. Some may excuse this, but I have pretty much given up on following this line. It'll be over a decade before the team is done, if they even finish it. First they push it back 3 months, now another 6.

Tacheyon
01-08-2016, 03:42 AM
According to the facebook page, Tali isn't expected to be out until June/July. That is simply preposterous. Some may excuse this, but I have pretty much given up on following this line. It'll be over a decade before the team is done, if they even finish it. First they push it back 3 months, now another 6.

Cool. So it'll be 1 year by the time (hopefully) I get the statue that I would have put money down for it. (I went through Speculative Fiction and got a discount off the price) At least the good news is that I paid for it before the Canadian dollar crashed.

So this means we probably won't see Mordin till Christmas or early 2017.

Jiggatron69
01-11-2016, 07:06 PM
Cool. So it'll be 1 year by the time (hopefully) I get the statue that I would have put money down for it. (I went through Speculative Fiction and got a discount off the price) At least the good news is that I paid for it before the Canadian dollar crashed.

So this means we probably won't see Mordin till Christmas or early 2017.

Seeing as how the global economy is poised to take a nose dive, hopefully all of us are still employed by the time these statues come out in 2017,

Hunterkingxxl
01-13-2016, 11:12 AM
New pictures of the Toy Fair in Hong Kong show Tali and Mordin!!

I want them now!!

https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/v/t1.0-9/1916507_10153418411335028_4255292875940140671_n.jpg?oh=972639c5ce9a82fb911595e32241d493&oe=570D50AE

gs013564
11-13-2017, 10:37 AM
Exactly, I was hoping they would make a Miranda statue. It could be based on this artwork:

http://i.imgur.com/uD1w2wy.jpg?1

I'd snap this up in a heartbeat.

dao2
11-13-2017, 02:05 PM
maybe not if you saw the face :P traditionally human likenesses are tough for sculptors on this scale and GH are more "budget" statues, while I'd be great it'd also be a surprise if the likeness was there.

gs013564
11-13-2017, 02:58 PM
maybe not if you saw the face :P traditionally human likenesses are tough for sculptors on this scale and GH are more "budget" statues, while I'd be great it'd also be a surprise if the likeness was there.

True, I should have prefaced by saying "assuming they get the likeness correct" lol.

dao2
11-13-2017, 03:13 PM
that is a huge if, and she didn't really wear a helmet in case the likeness isn't great

jacks mask thing is at least relatively dark and covers the bottom park of her face so it could be used in case the likeness sucks