PDA

View Full Version : How many XM pieces are up for award?

Bmutha
12-28-2015, 02:15 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hagAPC22_qI/Vmx15LoRS5I/AAAAAAAAHb8/i9uC81rYLk8/s1600-Ic42/2015%252520Awards%252520FB%252520Banner%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

Large scale finalists are revealed HERE (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=153257).

Voting will go live on January 1st, so get ready for some savage competition!!

Who will you vote for?

built2shred
12-28-2015, 04:01 PM
That's some stiff competition...

my top 3 (no particular order)

Iron Man
Magneto
Tie between Monroe and Artemisia

IzeroI
12-28-2015, 04:33 PM
Should be interesting to see who wins!

risingstar
12-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Thanos and Black Widow were good choices too -- but they can't all be nominated.

http://s6.postimg.org/aqy70b2f5/t15.jpg[/url]

http://s6.postimg.org/ggefkm8ld/nbw1.jpg[/url]

nbr3bagshotrow
12-28-2015, 04:48 PM
Thanos and Black Widow were good choices too -- but they can't all be nominated.

http://s6.postimg.org/aqy70b2f5/t15.jpg[/url]

http://s6.postimg.org/ggefkm8ld/nbw1.jpg[/url]
Doesn't mean they didn't get any votes. Means the others got more.

Comicbookguy
12-28-2015, 05:20 PM
For XM I would vote for in no order:

Thanos

Mags

Phoenix- even with so-so heads. The base and body was best and most creative I've seen.

built2shred
12-28-2015, 08:13 PM
Kind of surprised that the 1/4 scale Prime 1 Turtles didn't get a nod, the detail and QC on them is second to none...

Silverine
12-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Kind of surprised that the 1/4 scale Prime 1 Turtles didn't get a nod, the detail and QC on them is second to none...

pretty sure Prime1 deathstroke will be on the list next year :)
Anyway mags won right?:P

Comicbookguy
12-28-2015, 08:29 PM

Not surprise at all because no one owns him and never saw the quality in person. well maybe 1 or 2 but that's why it's not nominated.

AlizAbef
12-28-2015, 08:39 PM

Good point dude. There was at least one Turtle to make it out before December, right? With all her QC hiccups, I can't believe Wonder Woman made the cut over Prime's TMNT which was light years ahead in quality and detail. PCS's Balrog is another one that should've been in there over Wonder Woman. Where's Thanos? He made it into hands in the middle of November. Some mod must've pulled the right strings to get Wonder Woman on the list.

Thor57
12-28-2015, 08:48 PM
Good point dude. There was at least one Turtle to make it out before December, right? With all her QC hiccups, I can't believe Wonder Woman made the cut over Prime's TMNT which was light years ahead in quality and detail. PCS's Balrog is another one that should've been in there over Wonder Woman. Where's Thanos? He made it into hands in the middle of November. Some mod must've pulled the right strings to get Wonder Woman on the list.

Wonder Woman had a much higher ES and made it to a lot more collectors hands. And her QC on a whole wasn't near as bad as the naysayers would have one believe. Mine came out great, and I've seen a lot of pictures of others that did too. She's a great piece. I personally think Modern Batman, and XMs Thanos and Hawkeye all deserve a nod over Phoenix and Wonder Woman.

AlizAbef
12-28-2015, 08:56 PM
Yeah but a total edition size shouldn't have anything to do with the "best" right? If that's the case, then the title of the contest should be changed from the 'best' to the 'most popular'. I agree too that Thanos, Hawkeye, Balrog, and Prime's Raphael are all better than Phoenix. I think the finished head sculpts and bird change ruined that piece...for me at least. But speaking from the best and not most popular, all those pieces listed above are ahead of Wonder Woman. Way ahead.

Comicbookguy
12-28-2015, 09:29 PM
If were voting for best sculpted to finished statue minus QC and not most Qc issues, then I aready know sideshow WW will be my first vote over everything that came out this year or any past year. I loved that one more than any others. Steve is now my most exciting sculpter in the entire industry simply awesome work. I will vote for him as sculpter of the year if that's a category. WW was one of the most difficult to pull off and imo he did the best job possible. This imo is better than even my favorite XM like phoneix which didn't get me the female head sculpt I wanted. The ss female heads are so well done by these few top guys in the industry.
This is not to say my other favorites harbottle, and Mark newman. Tim miller one of my all time favorites has done no pf of any kind this year anymore so I will leave his name out. Sad but oh well.

nbr3bagshotrow
12-28-2015, 09:43 PM

What an ass.

AlizAbef
12-28-2015, 09:43 PM
What an ass.

And there he is.

Bmutha
12-28-2015, 09:45 PM

Only Raphael made it out before the cutoff...I think there was a handful of Leonardo's released, but Leo, Mikey, and Donnie will be considered for 2016.

Bmutha
12-28-2015, 09:57 PM

The list of candidates are not unanimous decisions. There are some that I disagree with as well, but that's part of the fun in discussing.

If you want to vote for Thanos, Balrog, or Raphael, then you have the option to do so (there will be an "other" voting option).

AlizAbef
12-28-2015, 10:04 PM
If you want to vote for Thanos, Balrog, or Raphael, then you have the option to do so (there will be an "other" voting option).

Thank you B, and thanks for not calling me an ass.

Spidey976
12-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Thank you B, and thanks for not calling me an ass.

Accusing a mod of trying to rig a contest isn't exactly cool either though. Leave the last sentence out of your comment and it was all totally above board the you opened up with an attack that wasn't needed.

AlizAbef
12-28-2015, 10:13 PM
Accusing a mod of trying to rig a contest isn't exactly cool either though.

Haha I'm not saying he rigged it, but I might be saying that with his age and collecting experience, he might've used a Jedi mind trick or two.

Spidey976
12-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Haha I'm not saying he rigged it, but I might be saying that with his age and collecting experience, he might've used a Jedi mind trick or two.

I edited my comment slightly... I have no problem with you putting the Prime 1 Raph above Wonder Woman, even thougH I think she looks great, it was just the shot that didn't need to be fired is all.

nbr3bagshotrow
12-28-2015, 11:58 PM
Accusing a mod of trying to rig a contest isn't exactly cool either though. Leave the last sentence out of your comment and it was all totally above board the you opened up with an attack that wasn't needed.

Bmutha has organized the statue forum awards last year and this year. It is a lot of work to track all the statues for the whole year, put together a polling system, and post all the information throughout the forum and on Facebook. Both last year and this year there are some inconsiderates who imply improprieties even if they think they are joking. It is just insulting to someone who puts in so much work. And why would anyone "rig" this thing? To get a certain statue to win even when there isn't any prize short of bragging rights?

So someone thinks a certain statue is the best but doesn't make the list so the process is rigged or no good? Maybe others think different.

Bmutha, you do a great job and are a credit to statueforum. Thanks for organizing this.

VS1976
12-29-2015, 12:07 AM
How did Thanos not make it?

nbr3bagshotrow
12-29-2015, 12:08 AM
How did Thanos not make it?

Didn't get as many votes as other XM statues.

Synzaic
12-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Ya i am surprised WW made it.

VS1976
12-29-2015, 12:15 AM
Didn't get as many votes as other XM statues.

Bahh and King Hulk didn't even make it?? :vortex::confused:

Thor57
12-29-2015, 12:16 AM
Thanos just started shipping a month or so ago. A lot of people still haven't got theirs.

built2shred
12-29-2015, 12:46 AM
Only Raphael made it out before the cutoff...I think there was a handful of Leonardo's released, but Leo, Mikey, and Donnie will be considered for 2016.

I guess if you only have so many slots available then dem are the breaks :)

risingstar
12-29-2015, 12:58 AM
I guess if you only have so many slots available then dem are the breaks :)

Think of it like the Oscars. There's no way they can say, "These are the 40 nominees....". Every release was taken into consideration and those which made the final cut were nominated for best piece in their category. Kris put in goodness knows how much work into this.

built2shred
12-29-2015, 01:01 AM
Think of it like the Oscars. There's no way they can say, "These are the 40 nominees....". Every release was taken into consideration and those which made the final cut were nominated for best piece in their category. Kris put in goodness knows how much work into this.

It's all cool with me... I know they put a lot of work into this and I appreciate that....

I thought last years was a great success and to my surprise people actually voted for the best statue vs their favorite manufacture..

I can't wait to see the winners this year....

SONICobra
12-29-2015, 02:52 AM
Bmutha, you do a great job and are a credit to statueforum. Thanks for organizing this.

:thumbs2:

ukshaun
12-29-2015, 04:26 AM
Which company is considered the best at what they do?
XM, Gentle Giant, Sideshow Collectibles, Pop Culture Shock, Prime 1 Studio, Kotobukiya, Yamato ?

Why doesn't Yamato have it's own section here on Statueforum ?

Comicbookguy
12-29-2015, 04:40 AM
Thanos just started shipping a month or so ago. A lot of people still haven't got theirs.

good point!

Bmutha
12-30-2015, 07:04 PM
Community Custom Award finalists have been revealed in a separate thread, HERE (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=153324)...go check them out!!

ukshaun
01-03-2016, 03:52 AM
I cannot see Ms Marvel on the list?

nbr3bagshotrow
01-03-2016, 01:06 PM
I cannot see Ms Marvel on the list?

Didn't get any votes on the preliminary rounds.

extremethanos
01-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Do like I did and make a write in vote. I did for thanos

ukshaun
01-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Didn't get any votes on the preliminary rounds.

That is a shame. When it comes to XM female characters, Ms. Marvel has possibly the best face thus far.