PDA

View Full Version : The New Superman Movie

superash
09-10-2005, 09:38 PM
Does anyone have any expectations for the new Superman movie coming out ?

I wish that they wouldn't have messed so much with the costume. And also I think they could have found a different person to play Superman, but I will give hime a chance to prove himself.

Ish
09-10-2005, 09:43 PM
super what? rash? whats that about?

superash
09-10-2005, 09:46 PM
super ash

Ish
09-10-2005, 09:48 PM
ok, your right they should have picked someone else to play the part, like that smallville kid, i think he's done a pretty good job at it.

superash
09-10-2005, 09:51 PM
so far he has, but are they need someone who can be Superman, not a Superboy becoming a man.
I liked Dean Cain as Superman, but don't think he could do a movie.

Ish
09-10-2005, 09:54 PM
there's no one out there that i think could do a better job than this kid, but what do i know anyway. btw dean cain was the worst superman ever.

superash
09-10-2005, 09:59 PM
Guess we will just have to wait to see. I just hope the movie doesn't blow. I have big expextations, expecially after Batman Begins. It is a new beginning after the crap they had been making.

And dean cain wasn't that bad.......for the show anyway.

Zurbaran1
09-10-2005, 10:10 PM
I don't think this movie will suck at all and it will make a ton of money.

Sniper
09-10-2005, 10:12 PM
wait and see

Ish
09-10-2005, 10:14 PM
we'll see then, when i see the trailers, then i'll decide to see it or not.

superash
09-10-2005, 10:18 PM
i'll have to see it no matter what. anyone know a month yet when it will be coming out?

does anyone remember when nicolase cage made a superman movie? i remember an article in a wizard magazine talking about it. it was due out a couple of years ago, but i think it all got pulled. keven spacey was to be in that movie too. i think brainiac.

Zurbaran1
09-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Nicolas Cage never did a Superman movie. He was in talks to star in a Superman movie, which very well could have been this one, but nothing came of it.

Relic Reaper
09-10-2005, 11:52 PM
btw dean cain was the worst superman ever.

My sentiments exactly. I thought he was terrible as Superman.

lord odin
09-11-2005, 01:22 AM
I won`t waste my money seeing it.

Mr. X
09-11-2005, 01:23 AM
The movie will be released June 30th 2006.

So far, I like everything I've seen. From the casting, the clips they've shown, the pics, the teasers, etc.

I have hope for this film.

I think it's going to be huge.

I admit that Routh does look young but I think he and Singer can pull it off.

Can't wait for it.

Thank God that Nic Cage idea was scrapped. Hated it.

As for Dean Cain, he looked like Superman but sounded like a mouse.

Ghost
09-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Ppl thought the same things when X-Men was first starting to come out. If Singer can do what he did for X, it's gotta be worth seeing.

superash
09-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I was looking at some of the still shots of the movie and it looks like the cape is made out of leather. or at least it doesn't look like it is gonna swish like it should. but I will admit that the rest of the stills looked great.
i think singer likes the way leather looks, or whatever that material is. he used it in x-men with their costumes too.

Ish
09-11-2005, 08:58 PM
lether cape? wtf?

superash
09-11-2005, 09:22 PM
well not sure if it was leather but it looked like it, and looked pretty stiff too.

superash
09-11-2005, 09:24 PM
take a look. here is a picture ...... it says it all.

http://superherohype.com/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Superman/Superman_Returns/Movie_Stills&image=supermanreturns4.jpg&img=&tt=

Justin
09-11-2005, 09:50 PM
The costume is growing on me, The first time i saw it i thought it looked bad but the more i see it the more i think it is going to work, Is Spacey playing Lex Luthor in the film?

Ghost
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
The costume is growing on me, The first time i saw it i thought it looked bad but the more i see it the more i think it is going to work, Is Spacey playing Lex Luthor in the film?

Yes he issss.

superash
09-11-2005, 09:59 PM
here is a list of the cast

Brandon Routh .... Clark Kent/Superman
rest of cast listed alphabetically:
Stephan Bender .... Young Clark Kent
Kate Bosworth .... Lois Lane
Marlon Brando .... Jor-El (archive footage)
Raelee Hill .... Paramedic
Sam Huntington .... Jimmy Olsen
James Karen .... Ben Hubbard
Frank Langella .... Perry White
James Marsden .... Richard White
Mike Massa .... 777 Pilot
Ted Maynard .... News Anchor
Noel Neill .... Previously Wealthy Woman
Kal Penn .... Stanford
Parker Posey .... Kitty Koslowski
Ian Roberts .... Riley
Eva Marie Saint .... Martha Kent
Kevin Spacey .... Lex Luthor
Vincent Stone .... Henchman
Peta Wilson .... Bobbie Faye

Confessor
09-11-2005, 10:05 PM
The color shading change doesn't bother me near as much as does the shrunken down version of the "S"....I much prefer a size closer to the way Alex Ross draws it. The raised nature of the "S" is not a problem to me, however.

But that darn small "S".....it's killin' me.

lord odin
09-12-2005, 01:16 AM
well not sure if it was leather but it looked like it, and looked pretty stiff too.
It`s just too much starch. :laugh:

Gruson
09-12-2005, 01:19 AM
I still HATE the costume!

They should have let Tom Welling (kid from WB show) play Superman. He's perfect for him IMO and older now as well.

Oh well. My expectations are very low.

Ish
09-12-2005, 01:29 AM
my sentiments exacally.

Wolverine1
09-12-2005, 01:56 AM
Here is what yall were waiting for my expectations of this film: Things that want to make you go blah :puke2: ........yeah, there it goes blah :puke2: ..... blh.. oh, blaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....

3D Figure
09-12-2005, 02:04 AM
Here is the trailer

3D Figure Superman Trailer (http://www.3dfigure.com/article322.html?osCsid=851aed3efcf380d78465da21beff8830)

It might have some potential :inquisiti

J Storm
09-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Ok, first off, the costume: Wrong color, we saw it used in Superman III as the evil, drunken Superman look...the 'S' logo is too small and Brandon Routh looks *****.

Story: Superman leaves and comes back to find out the world can live without him, Lois has moved on, and Luthor is planning on destroying him...sounds like it could be an episode of smallville.

Director: Bryan Singer did a great job with X-men but lets be real, X-men is on a different level than Superman. He should have stayed with the X-men franchise.

Overall: Blade and X-men led the way for comic book movie franchises and Spiderman set the bar too high for others to reach. Batman Begins came close to it, but not close enough. Superman, will put an end to comic book movies or movie studio's will change the way how they are made and stay true to the comics.( i.e. Spiderman, X-men)

one6th_doc
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Spot on...

boondocksaint
09-12-2005, 09:32 PM
so far he has, but are they need someone who can be Superman, not a Superboy becoming a man.
I liked Dean Cain as Superman, but don't think he could do a movie.

i hated cain....i like the smallville guy...he wouldve done good.. :buttrock:

superash
09-13-2005, 01:36 AM
lots of people might not have liked dean cain as superman but i think it was the clark kent factor that helped me like him. cause the show was more about him and lois than it was about superman.

Leon
09-13-2005, 10:41 AM
lots of people might not have liked dean cain as superman but i think it was the clark kent factor that helped me like him. cause the show was more about him and lois than it was about superman.
I agree. The Clark and Lois interaction was what made the serie. Some may like it and some won't, but I liked it.

superash
09-13-2005, 02:13 PM
I agree. The Clark and Lois interaction was what made the serie. Some may like it and some won't, but I liked it.

thank god somebody finally agrees with me. :buttrock:

Ish
09-13-2005, 02:19 PM
clark kent is not the main atraction is sups, the only place where i seen that work is smallville, lois and clark was a lame show imo.

superash
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
clark kent is not the main atraction is sups, the only place where i seen that work is smallville, lois and clark was a lame show imo.

it brought superman back on the tv. even though the show in the third and fourth season were so obsessed with lois and clark it still was a good show. personnally i didn't think smallville is all that great.

Jesse321
09-13-2005, 02:51 PM
Chemistry between actors is VERY important to any show, weither you liked Lois and Clark or not, you have to admit that the chemistry between Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain was electric.

In so far as Smallville is concerned, I personally think it's one of the best shows on TV, next to Battlestar Galactica. Some small continuity problems not withstanding, it's a VERY intresting way of interpreting and expanding on the Superman mythos!

The General
09-13-2005, 04:12 PM
I thought the preview was ok.

superash
09-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Chemistry between actors is VERY important to any show, weither you liked Lois and Clark or not, you have to admit that the chemistry between Terri Hatcher and Dean Cain was electric.

In so far as Smallville is concerned, I personally think it's one of the best shows on TV, next to Battlestar Galactica. Some small continuity problems not withstanding, it's a VERY intresting way of interpreting and expanding on the Superman mythos!

i agree in the chemistry part. the only reason i didn't get into smallville so quickly was because of the fact he is superman .....yet. this season will prove to be the best so far i think though. he is finally going to be in metropolis and maybe they can get rid of some characters that have nothing to do with the superman that lives in metropois. it should be exciting.

Sniper
09-13-2005, 08:08 PM
I thought the preview was ok.
yep!!!!!!!!

SirConor
09-13-2005, 08:59 PM
That picture makes me laugh out loud... gonna be a big pile of super-crap... deservingly so. Superman SUX.