PDA

View Full Version : ARH announcement on QC issues

Wombat
02-04-2016, 11:28 PM
From Facebook:

ARH Studios quality control issues.
It’s with heavy heart that we come to you guys, first to apologize and second to try to fix the problems we are having right now with the quality of our recently delivered products.
Our 2014 line of statues took over a year to ship. A situation we had no control over. We as every other company in this industry depend on factories in China. There are very few factories in China capable of delivering a high end quality product, and unfortunately there is a large number of companies saturating the market of statues right now, which is overwhelming the capacity of these few factories in China to deliver a high quality product in a timely manner.
We have just been a victim of this problem, and although we strive to produce and deliver the best product we are capable of producing, we depend on the factories in China to make our products.
On the other hand, ARH Studios stands behind its products, and we will make sure that every single one of you guys receive a product that you are 100% happy with.
As of this moment, we are issuing a recall on every 2014 statue that was delivered and does not have the quality that you expected to receive. We will send you a paid return label, and all you have to do is to pack the statue and send it back to our studio in Idaho, USA, and we will re-paint all the statues, top to bottom in house for free to guarantee that every single one will match the prototypes we have shown in quality and value.
ARH Studios consists of 5 people! Arahom, Alex, Ehren, Spencer, and Hayley. We are all committed to the same goal, and we all strive to create and deliver the best quality product in the market. We will make it right, and we will make sure that you guys get what you paid for, even if we have to stay night and day in this studio repainting every single statue ourselves!
This is my promise and guarantee,
Arahom Radjah
ARH Studios Inc.
Please contact us through our customer service email or phone:
Email: arhstudios@hotmail.com
Phone: (208) 899-4038

The13thWarlock
02-05-2016, 12:12 AM
I wonder how much more it would cost to produce the statues here in the US instead of China... I'd pay a few more dollars for that.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Arahom is standing behind his product. This is just a bad situation. Hopefully there will not be a lot of statues that need to be returned and repainted and the ARH team can get back to creating new product!

thecollector80
02-05-2016, 12:38 AM
wow. fixing each statue with broken parts and repainting them is a nightmare especially if it's only 5 guys running the operation.

yeek
02-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Wait, so what were the issues with the statues? All of them had problems?

dao2
02-05-2016, 02:14 AM
Wait, so what were the issues with the statues? All of them had problems?

Not all I don't think, but a fair few seemed to have breakages in the skirt and some had the odd paint blemish. I think the only "all" issue is that the bikini part sits lower than it should.

ReTardist
02-05-2016, 03:07 AM
yeah the problems were almost exclusively with Arhian

zeus
02-05-2016, 07:01 AM
wow. fixing each statue with broken parts and repainting them is a nightmare especially if it's only 5 guys running the operation.

Yes but I think only Arahom is the painter.

The13thWarlock
02-05-2016, 07:13 AM
I'm still waiting for mine to ship. I hope they are really checking over the pieces now before they go out and really packing them good around the skirt part. ARH is really handling this first rate, I just hope they don't have to use too many resources in the process.

risingstar
02-05-2016, 07:38 AM
The HUGE positive I see here is the accountability. Some companies, sadly, appear far too quick to say things like "all our pieces look like that" as if that somehow alleviated them from having to produce something better resembling the prototype. As these pieces become more expensive, there is a justifiable and reasonable expectation to get what you believed you were paying for... All this to say, let's hope other companies follow suit because there are times when the final product is just not good enough. In fact, there should be a law (or at least an unwritten rule) which compels companies to post pics of EXACTLY (factory painted) what you are buying at the pre-order stage as opposed to posting pics of an expertly painted piece which looks perfect.

As consumers, we are aware that there are shady and/or subpar statue-making factories in China. However, that is a risk the producer takes not the client. The client should never be held responsible for a company's production woes. If you order class-A hardwood floors and receive class-B floors upon delivery, there isn't a court on the planet that would allow a contractor to argue, "While we realize the quality of hardwood flooring isn't the same, this is what the factory in China sent us so this is what we're giving the client. All the wood we received looks like that." First year law students wouldn't have much of a hard time arguing a case for fraud. Sadly, nowadays, if a statue company gets duped, that dupage is often passed down to the client.

Valkyrie
02-05-2016, 12:00 PM
In fact, there should be a law (or at least an unwritten rule) which compels companies to post pics of EXACTLY (factory painted) what you are buying at the pre-order stage as opposed to posting pics of a expertly painted piece which looks perfect.

I agree with this point, especially. I would like to see that become an industry standard. More companies should adopt this practice so it sets realistic expectations for the potential customer instead of hiding behind the "Prototype shown" label.

It's nice to admire how these statues look after a master painter has taken their time to make them look amazing. The harsh reality is they just aren't going to get the same level of expertise and attention to detail by a factory worker that has to paint 25, 50, or even hundreds of these things on a deadline.

That being said, it is admirable that ARH is showing accountability and I applaud them for going that extra mile. They get a lot of grief here for delays and communication, but what matters to me the most is how they handle problems like this. They've definitely earned my respect with this move.

Ravishing
02-05-2016, 12:44 PM
Well done to ARH for dealing with this properly instead of just sweeping it under the carpet. I wish HCG would adopt this same philosophy. I did have some paint issues with my Arhian Statue. They said they will be sending me a return label at some point. Well done. If these were done in the US they would be 50% more costly I imagine. I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.

JP Sarri
02-05-2016, 12:51 PM
I read the newsletter this morning and I totally applaud ARH for their commitment. Many companies can learn from this. Way to go, guys! :thumbs2:

dao2
02-05-2016, 03:11 PM
In fact, there should be a law (or at least an unwritten rule) which compels companies to post pics of EXACTLY (factory painted) what you are buying at the pre-order stage as opposed to posting pics of an expertly painted piece which looks perfect.

There is in fact a law, several actually. However you would have to do a class action lawsuit (assuming the company doesn't have a terms of service that you agree too requiring you to use arbitration) as a single suit would be worthless. Then after all that basically you'll get refunded the statue (this is assuming they won't give you a full refund, which they don't all the time but will if you press).

There is no requirement that a company can't put out garbage all the time and not refund customers, and as long as people keep buying and are happy with it then there is really nothing to be done. Just stop buying.

*Note: above is not really about ARH, just in general with statue companies. Most particularly Sideshow ;p

TL;DR there are laws, but giving you back your money would satisfy them, continually buying them is YOUR choice.

edit: This is why I cancelled all my SS POs a few months back and will not PO anything else from them. Their ---- looks nothing like what they advertise.

dao2
02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.

That's what they are doing with the ones that haven't shipped out. However doing so for every statue that they make when they expect there to be no issues is not worth it. Is incredibly manpower intensive and time consuming (which means a lot of wasted money).

It increases the risk of breakages, and likely they would miss a lot of problems having to go through so many as well which means it'll come to the collector which will find issues then they'll have to send it back anyways ;p

So for Arhian where they know there are issues they are doing so because they want to fix it. However if they had to do it for all the statues they recently received it would be a giant waste of time, and it could be months before people start seeing their statues (that likely don't have issues).

Wombat
02-05-2016, 04:48 PM
I'm just praying no issues with DD1. But I do applaud ARH as many others have for dealing with this.

The13thWarlock
02-05-2016, 05:23 PM
Well done to ARH for dealing with this properly instead of just sweeping it under the carpet. I wish HCG would adopt this same philosophy. I did have some paint issues with my Arhian Statue. They said they will be sending me a return label at some point. Well done. If these were done in the US they would be 50% more costly I imagine. I have a suggestion for ARH. Why not open each piece and inspect it from China before it goes out to customers that way there are no upset customers, less cost of shipping to have us send them back and no one is the wiser. That's what I'd be doing.

If they do this, the opening and inspecting of the statues... Can someone from ARH please post up a pic of Arahom covered in the same styrofoam beads I'm covered in every time I open a statue!!! Lol!!!

jmsmith3388
02-05-2016, 05:27 PM
This gives me reassurance with all the other 4 PO's I have with ARH. Thank you for this!

jmsmith3388
02-05-2016, 05:28 PM
If they do this, the opening and inspecting of the statues... Can someone from ARH please post up a pic of Arahom covered in the same styrofoam beads I'm covered in every time I open a statue!!! Lol!!!

Thought they addressed that with the new tougher black Styrofoam??

toty21
02-05-2016, 05:33 PM
I'm just praying no issues with DD1. But I do applaud ARH as many others have for dealing with this.

DD1 will be in hand in September of 2019 :D

The13thWarlock
02-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Thought they addressed that with the new tougher black Styrofoam??

They probably did... I only have have 2 ARH pieces and both came from third party sellers so they were probably sitting around for a bit... Minotarus and Conan Sacrifice.

dao2
02-05-2016, 08:18 PM
They probably did... I only have have 2 ARH pieces and both came from third party sellers so they were probably sitting around for a bit... Minotarus and Conan Sacrifice.

Both of those are the old styro. Are the new ones in the good styro :D?

Wombat
02-05-2016, 09:15 PM
DD1 will be in hand in September of 2019 :D

:banghead:

Pragmatist
02-06-2016, 01:08 PM
This is excellent customer service, and I hope they are able to do this for any and all future flawed pieces (which face it, is inevitable).

IXEC
02-11-2016, 10:04 AM
Can anyone here please post up a list of all the 2014 statues.....

grphyx1
02-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Someone on SSF posted a pic of their bucephalus and the styro still look cheap and crumbly. yeah also the horse leg broke.

Both of those are the old styro. Are the new ones in the good styro :D?

Valkyrie
02-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Can anyone here please post up a list of all the 2014 statues.....

- Arhian the Head Huntress I
- Hercules
- Queen of Vampires II
- Alexander the Great
- Ares God of War (Golden Armor version)
- Tarzan Cry
- Frazetta Death Dealer I
- Frazetta Huntress
- Frazetta Atlantis

Valkyrie
02-11-2016, 02:07 PM
Someone on SSF posted a pic of their bucephalus and the styro still look cheap and crumbly. yeah also the horse leg broke.

I found the pic and that's really disappointing to see. Despite their willingness to help fix these problems, I don't appreciate being lied to.

I still have the newsletter stating specifically that "all new statues currently in production will be packed in the highest quality of EPE black Styrofoam".

This was supposedly part of the reason for these considerable delays. :confused:

IXEC
02-11-2016, 03:23 PM
- Arhian the Head Huntress I
- Hercules
- Queen of Vampires II
- Alexander the Great
- Ares God of War (Golden Armor version)
- Tarzan Cry
- Frazetta Death Dealer I
- Frazetta Huntress
- Frazetta Atlantis

Val, thank you so much for that.....:thumbs2:

IXEC
02-11-2016, 03:28 PM
I found the pic and that's really disappointing to see. Despite their willingness to help fix these problems, I don't appreciate being lied to.

I still have the newsletter stating specifically that "all new statues currently in production will be packed in the highest quality of EPE black Styrofoam".

This was supposedly part of the reason for these considerable delays. :confused:

I'm getting my Alexander delivered tomorrow ( Friday ) .....wish me luck....:praying:

Valkyrie
02-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Val, thank you so much for that.....:thumbs2:

No problem.

I'm getting my Alexander delivered tomorrow ( Friday ) .....wish me luck....:praying:

Good luck! Hope you can share some good news. :thumbs2:

grphyx1
02-12-2016, 01:19 PM
my fingers are crossed for you. i think that this was probably one of ARH's most fully realized statue.

IXEC
02-12-2016, 05:51 PM
my fingers are crossed for you. i think that this was probably one of ARH's most fully realized statue.

Thanks.....

I got him in the house this morning just before the wife woke-up....:D.....it was only 10 degrees outside here and now I'm waiting for it to reach room temp....before I open it.....

The boxes were so heavy I though I was going to have a heart attack.....

How am I going to display a 1/4 scale horse in the house without the wife's noticing...:banghead:

Maybe I should have thought this through....:doh!:

Mister Ski
02-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Mine arrived today as well. Unfortunately, Bucephalus' raised leg was cracked. I've got a feeling this may be a common problem. Didn't even bother opening the smaller box. I already contacted ARH for a full refund. I am beyond disappointed.

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/MisterSki/IMG_0479_zpslfw7513b.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/MisterSki/media/IMG_0479_zpslfw7513b.jpg.html)

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/MisterSki/IMG_0480_zpsdhh90tcv.jpg (http://s1128.photobucket.com/user/MisterSki/media/IMG_0480_zpsdhh90tcv.jpg.html)

Valkyrie
02-12-2016, 07:16 PM
That's heartbreaking. So sorry to see that. :(

I would really be curious to hear their explanation about why these aren't packed with the better quality styrofoam.

Especially since they've been using that as an excuse for the delays since last summer or so.

zeus
02-12-2016, 07:26 PM
At least your are shipped mine has not even been shipped yet!

Mister Ski
02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
At least your are shipped mine has not even been shipped yet!

So broken or not as long as it ships? Is that what matters? You want mine? lol

The13thWarlock
02-12-2016, 07:58 PM
I feel your disappointment... But you should check out the other box and see if you like the whole thing... ARH is very cool about fixing things. I'm guessing you already waited a good long time for this, so in the grand scheme of things what's another month to get it fixed up.

The13thWarlock
02-12-2016, 08:02 PM
Thanks.....

I got him in the house this morning just before the wife woke-up....:D.....it was only 10 degrees outside here and now I'm waiting for it to reach room temp....before I open it.....

The boxes were so heavy I though I was going to have a heart attack.....

How am I going to display a 1/4 scale horse in the house without the wife's noticing...:banghead:

Maybe I should have thought this through....:doh!:

It's very difficult... Wives and girlfriends really tend to notice giant statues that show up in the house. I have found that if you order them around birthdays and gifting holidays like Valentine's Day, you can usually buy them off with a gift. A good rule is the gift should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the statue... Depending on how upset she is.

zeus
02-12-2016, 08:32 PM
So broken or not as long as it ships? Is that what matters? You want mine? lol

No its not that they received them a month ago and still sitting on them.

Alex655321
02-12-2016, 08:40 PM
It's very difficult... Wives and girlfriends really tend to notice giant statues that show up in the house. I have found that if you order them around birthdays and gifting holidays like Valentine's Day, you can usually buy them off with a gift. A good rule is the gift should be about 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the statue... Depending on how upset she is.

:thinking:

IXEC
02-12-2016, 09:06 PM

Noted.....

I'm trying to get her on board with liking statue art.

I bought her the XM Phoenix for XMAS and had to tell her that it wouldn't get to her in time.....She didn't care about not getting it on time but she said that I really bought Phoenix for myself....and she said she really "didn't like this ( statue ) crap at all"...:jawd:

I anticipated her reaction and I told her I bought 2 of the Phoenix, one for her and one for me....( I really did ) saying if she didn't want hers, she could sell it. I had to so she could see I really did buy it for her....
She doesn't know what Phoenix looks like...and we'll see what she think then...

Oh...I hope this works out....if it doesn't, my plan B is to spring some Tsume Art statues on her....I think that type of art will work for her.....:praying:

My plan C....all the statues are going into my "future" man cave and she won't have to see them......:laugh:

IXEC
02-12-2016, 11:17 PM
Sorry for going off topic folks.....

I'll open Alexander tomorrow....as I can't wait any longer....

zeus
02-12-2016, 11:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN3dAUD5Hhc
discussion on the qc issues from ARH + production samples of the Frazetta line and new statue developements

Wombat
02-13-2016, 01:18 AM
It will be very interesting to see what styrofoam is used on the DD1 as they specifically used that as an excuse for the delay.

deadscary
02-13-2016, 01:28 AM
Almost had enough of waiting, but the huntress with cats does look very cool so hopefully worth the wait. Good video

Valkyrie
02-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Thanks for posting the video.

I was surprised to see factory samples for Barbarian, Virgin, and DD III already. That's promising.

Lighting was dim but from what I could see, the 2014 Frazetta samples look like they turned out well.

dao2
02-13-2016, 04:05 AM
It will be very interesting to see what styrofoam is used on the DD1 as they specifically used that as an excuse for the delay.

according to the vids of the 2014 line they do all have new high density foam (so essentially not so crumbly) but they are still cut out. Except for Arhian which was produced in enough numbers to get molded styro (like SS/PCS does where it looks fancier), ironically the molded styro ended up causing breakages on the sash due to bad design :P No idea on the frazetta stuff but I would expect the same tbh.

The13thWarlock
02-13-2016, 06:54 AM
according to the vids of the 2014 line they do all have new high density foam (so essentially not so crumbly) but they are still cut out. Except for Arhian which was produced in enough numbers to get molded styro (like SS/PCS does where it looks fancier), ironically the molded styro ended up causing breakages on the sash due to bad design :P No idea on the frazetta stuff but I would expect the same tbh.

My Vamp Queen came in with the new styrofoam. It was hand cut as I recall and there was a little styrofoam crumble, but very very minor. There was smaller pieces of black foam stuffed in to make sure nothing moved around. I had no breakage issues or shipping damage and I had my fingers crossed because those bats looked fragile as all hell.

Personally, I don't mind the hand cut packing. It gives it the small company feel which is one of the reasons I like ARH. Same reason I like that it comes in a cardboard shipping box instead of some fancy display box.

dao2
02-13-2016, 01:12 PM
yeah I don't care about the art box really ><

crimsinwing1989
02-14-2016, 11:33 AM
I love art box's.

Rokdweller
02-15-2016, 01:17 AM
Nice video coverage from ARH! Really looking forward to receiving the Frazetta pieces. Many thanks to the ARH team!!

IXEC
02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
Okay.....just opened my Alexander, I checked it out quick and didn't see any breaks.....

I have a good FedEx guy and he handle things with respect.....I can see that rough handling is the cause for the breakage that some are experiencing.....

What and amazing statue....thanks ARH....:thumbs2:

The13thWarlock
02-15-2016, 01:48 PM
Okay.....just opened my Alexander, I checked it out quick and didn't see any breaks.....

I have a good FedEx guy and he handle things with respect.....I can see that rough handling is the cause for the breakage that some are experiencing.....

What and amazing statue....thanks ARH....:thumbs2:

You should start a thread and post some pictures. Even though its not really my cup of tea, I'd like to see some of the finished product.

punisher2000
02-15-2016, 01:53 PM
The video is great. THIS gives me as a customer a very good felling of "if anything goes wrong... ARH will helping me".

Also the comparing of sample and productionpiece is showing they reeeeeally did something about customer care!

I also think its really cool of a small company like ARH to talk about their shipping problems. I really think its not easy to find a good factory to do a good job about all this. And ARH is showing they care about this!!!

Praise ARH for that!!!

Valkyrie
02-15-2016, 01:58 PM
In case anyone missed it, this was Part I of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFfp8bGAJvs

The13thWarlock
02-15-2016, 03:41 PM
The video is great. THIS gives me as a customer a very good felling of "if anything goes wrong... ARH will helping me".

Also the comparing of sample and productionpiece is showing they reeeeeally did something about customer care!

I also think its really cool of a small company like ARH to talk about their shipping problems. I really think its not easy to find a good factory to do a good job about all this. And ARH is showing they care about this!!!

Praise ARH for that!!!

I have NEVER heard of anyone who got bad customer support from ARH. In my personal experience, they have always gone the extra mile to make sure I was 100% satisfied. They just keep impressing me.

punisher2000
02-15-2016, 06:24 PM
I have NEVER heard of anyone who got bad customer support from ARH. In my personal experience, they have always gone the extra mile to make sure I was 100% satisfied. They just keep impressing me.

in the past people sometimes waited a loooong time for replacements (like medusa body).But i guess thats the old days!! I think they changed their customer support way in a VERY good way.

I got a lot of garage kits by ARH (see my collection video) and also conan the sacrifice diorama i really love. i think they are going the right way to take good care for customers and thats all i wanted to say. keep going ARH!! i think they will make their way and i am excited to see the future!

Cotasnoova
02-15-2016, 06:30 PM

Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I really don't want to pay full price for a repaired statue.

I requested a refund and was told I would need to pay for shipping and would be given a refund minus shipping.

So it is going to cost me what...close to $100 for a broken statue?

Mister Ski
02-15-2016, 06:54 PM
Maybe I am looking at this wrong but I really don't want to pay full price for a repaired statue.

I requested a refund and was told I would need to pay for shipping and would be given a refund minus shipping.

So it is going to cost me what...close to $100 for a broken statue?

I got the same response. We should not be out any money for a broken product. I will continue to force the issue for a refund. I hope others will do the same.

punisher2000
02-15-2016, 06:57 PM
dont be too sure you dont have any repaired statues in your collection. oh. hope thats not a shock for you. ;-) what do you think they are doing at factories? or quality checks? throwing all statues away? they marking the areas, repainting parts, filling and sanding parts... in a detailed way: they "repainting" statues. i think its super ARH is doing it by "himself" and not by a factory worker. and like ARH said in the video: if the issue is to hard like the wrong glued arm of one statue you get a replacement. they dont just glue a statue and sending it back. they seem to care about it it looks like the proto you saw by ordering. for me personally thats a good deal.

The13thWarlock
02-15-2016, 07:19 PM
dont be too sure you dont have any repaired statues in your collection. oh. hope thats not a shock for you. ;-) what do you think they are doing at factories? or quality checks? throwing all statues away? they marking the areas, repainting parts, filling and sanding parts... in a detailed way: they "repainting" statues. i think its super ARH is doing it by "himself" and not by a factory worker. and like ARH said in the video: if the issue is to hard like the wrong glued arm of one statue you get a replacement. they dont just glue a statue and sending it back. they seem to care about it it looks like the proto you saw by ordering. for me personally thats a good deal.

I agree. And isn't part of the whole statue collecting thing the story behind getting the statue?

gagaliya
02-15-2016, 09:34 PM
I wonder how much more it would cost to produce the statues here in the US instead of China... I'd pay a few more dollars for that.

Why do you automatically assume just because it is painted in the USA the quality will be better? and not the same or worse than the chinese factories who have been doing it for years? Are you saying the air in the US automatically make those minimum wage copiers better painters?

The only thing that will be a fact is price will be 2-3x more, not the quality.

The quality is determined by hiring skilled painters who give a sh** and have a QC process to verify. It can be done in both china or in the US.

The13thWarlock
02-15-2016, 10:28 PM
Why do you automatically assume just because it is painted in the USA the quality will be better? and not the same or worse than the chinese factories who have been doing it for years? Are you saying the air in the US automatically make those minimum wage copiers better painters?

The only thing that will be a fact is price will be 2-3x more, not the quality.

The quality is determined by hiring skilled painters who give a sh** and have a QC process to verify. It can be done in both china or in the US.

I think it's an assumption to say they would cost 2-3 times more. I bet they could be produced here for 20-30% more. Not that I'm in the business, but it's just what I think. China isn't what it used to be and I don't think ARH has children painting thier statues for 16 hours a day in sweatshops. If they did the statues wouldn't take so long to come out 😜

As far as quality... There are good and bad workers in both countries. They got some quality painters in China, obviously... I'm sure they could turn some up over here.