PDA

View Full Version : GI Joe License - Prime 1 Studios

SuperJ300
03-02-2016, 10:59 AM
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt36/cod300/Mobile%20Uploads/image_51.jpeg (http://s595.photobucket.com/user/cod300/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_51.jpeg.html)

qz33
03-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Wonderful news !!!!

How about Destro, Duke, and Serpentor?

SONICobra
03-02-2016, 11:33 AM
OUTSTANDING! I wonder which line will be which scale, hopefully both are highly detailed and have a somewhat realistic tone to them

1. snake eyes 1/4 scale
2. destro 1/4 scale

qz33
03-02-2016, 11:40 AM
I kinda hope they don't go too much towards the obvious characters at first.

Snake Eyes, Stormshadow, and the Baroness are obviously going to be sellers and that's why Sideshow chose them but I don't an early blow out.

I really thought Sideshow had a good thing going with the style of all their 1/5 and 1/4 G.I. Joe stuff so I hope this is similar.

How can Prime 1 do all these licenses?

kakarot117
03-02-2016, 11:57 AM
movie or comic?

loricstone
03-02-2016, 12:33 PM
I am anxious to see this line...particularly the 1/4 scale stuff. This could be an exceptional line knowing how detailed the folks at Prime 1 are.

loricstone
03-02-2016, 12:34 PM
movie or comic?

Cartoon and Comics

Valkyrie
03-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Snake Eyes
Scarlett
Baroness

Statueenvy
03-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Nemesis Enforcer, Pythona, Serpentor

qz33
03-02-2016, 01:07 PM
Just don't do it like Sideshow and abandon everyone.

I better get a Cartoon accurate Serpentor out of this line.

yeek
03-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Snake Eyes w/ Timber 1/3 scale please...

Barbarian
03-02-2016, 02:16 PM
OUTSTANDING! I wonder which line will be which scale, hopefully both are highly detailed and have a somewhat realistic tone to them

1. snake eyes 1/4 scale
2. destro 1/4 scale
This with a sprinkle of Storm Shadow! :buttrock:
Snake Eyes w/ Timber 1/3 scale please...
HOLY...!!! You just blew my mind!!! :laugh::buttrock:

bonedaddy77
03-02-2016, 07:57 PM
1/4 scale Cobra Commander on throne

craigcliff1
03-02-2016, 10:13 PM
Serpentor on Air Chairot 1/3

SONICobra
03-02-2016, 10:33 PM
This with a sprinkle of Storm Shadow! :buttrock:

good call brother :thumbs2:

I was having a hard time picking my top three so I stopped at two before my head exploded

qz33
03-02-2016, 10:52 PM
It is best for the line that the most requested pieces don't come out first.

Sideshow made a Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes, Baroness, Cobra Commander, then packed up and left.

Sideshow's were really top notch designs in my book. I'd be fine with a continuation of that

Not sure how I feel about 1/3s. Either those characters won't match with the others or they would require doubling up on characters.

I don't see this license having the popularity to support $1,000 1/3s. Maybe get a good thing going with the 1/4s and make some 1/3 jewel pieces as demanded.

COI
03-02-2016, 11:21 PM
Interested in seeing these at 1/4 scale.

cgdc
03-02-2016, 11:30 PM
I don't own anything of Prime 1's stuff, but that could change quick with the announcement of this line. I'm looking forward to what they do with a 1/4 line.

My top three choices are Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and Zartan.

KELPIE
03-03-2016, 01:26 AM
I'm only interested in 1/4... heck 1/5 wouldn't hurt either...

There are a lot of characters in Joe and if I was to collect them all 1/3 would be impossible to display.

"Top 3" I'd like to see:
Nemesis Enforcer
B.A.T
Wild Weasel

Honorary
Big Boa
Crock Viper
Bazooka

Ultimately, I'd love to see Sgt. Slaughter, be we know that can't happen :(

hyde666
03-03-2016, 02:10 AM

second this x100.

http://toycityusa.com/joesgtslaughter_pic.jpg

firefly76
03-03-2016, 02:25 AM
I know Prime 1 can knock Serpentor out the box.

Doctor Doom
03-03-2016, 03:09 AM
COBRA COMMANDER....SCARLET....LADY J

ambasah
03-03-2016, 07:59 AM
I am surprised by this announcement. My understanding is that most joe collectors were not into the statues, which may have been partly responsible for the demise of the SS line.

I would kill for Prime to get the star wars license in 1:3 scale. Game changer for me if that ever happens.

testsubject25
03-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Totally agree on Star Wars!

This was the most mismanaged license that I can remember from SS.

qz33
03-03-2016, 09:05 AM

There are a lot of characters in Joe and if I was to collect them all 1/3 would be impossible to display.

"Top 3" I'd like to see:
Nemesis Enforcer
B.A.T
Wild Weasel

Honorary
Big Boa
Crock Viper
Bazooka

Why can't Sargent Slaughter happen? Rights with wrestling or the actor?

I am surprised by this announcement. My understanding is that most joe collectors were not into the statues, which may have been partly responsible for the demise of the SS line.

I would kill for Prime to get the star wars license in 1:3 scale. Game changer for me if that ever happens.

I don't get the reason for Sideshow giving up because G.I. Joe collectors wanted figures. All of Sideshow's G.I. Joe stuff sold out, even 3 Baroness variants. The dioramas didn't do so hot but dioramas generally don't.

I could collect this line for years and years like Bowen statues. I don't just want a few.

Tomax and Xamot anyone?

Crimson Guard?

Dreadnoks?

Cobra Battle Android Trooper (B.A.T.)?

Cobra Viper?

Cobra Officer?

Cobra Trooper?

Iacon13
03-03-2016, 09:56 AM
I want to see the ladies first:
Lady J, Covergirl and Scarlett. 1/5 or 1/4. Change of head on Covergirl would be nice as she had long blonde in the cartoon when we first meet her then it became brownish and short later.
After the ladies:
Duke, Beachhead, Sgt Slaughter, Blowtorch, Flint
As for villain:
B.A.T, Destro, Serpentor, Firefly, Cobra Viper, Crimson Guard,

I know Snake, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow and Baroness will be done but since Sideshow already did them in 1/4 and 1/5 holding off and making characters we don't have makes more sense to me. Given the way the market is now I think most who want them would likely have bought from Sideshow already and thus may be less likely to double dip so it would make more sense to create pieces based on characters that have not been done. At least don't make those 4 all at the same time and spread them out. As well choose a scale and stick with it. As much as I love my Sideshow Snake and Cobra commander they look silly together because of the change in scale.
I realize 1/5 may be out as Prime 1 usually does 1/4 or 1/3 but if 1/5 were possible it would be a cheaper alternative to get more characters made and would still look great.

jinkazama
03-03-2016, 12:07 PM
I hope they make Storm Shadow and B.A.T.S.:thumbs2:

Valkyrie
03-03-2016, 12:27 PM
I can understand the fans that don't want them to immediately revisit characters already done by Sideshow. Just keep in mind, some of us were not in the hobby yet when those were available.

I'm sure they're going to want to kick this line off with a splash, so I fully expect we might get a Snake Eyes or a Storm Shadow sooner rather than later.

With each release, maybe alternating between a popular character and a more obscure character would be the way to go. At the end of the day, they're in it to make money and they're going to make what sells.

qz33
03-03-2016, 01:10 PM
I'm all for them making what sells I just don't want it to burn out.

Of course their going to go for what is popular.

Your idea is good though. Start with Duke then say Snake Eyes. Then do a lady. Then a less requested character like Flint.

Having the attention getters spread out gives time for new customers to become interested in prior releases and builds anticipation for future releases.

Cobra commander is pretty much the face of Cobra for everyone but don't burn out interest in the line too fast.

Please don't do it like Prime 1's Transformers G1 line where they take too many liberties.

SONICobra
03-03-2016, 01:25 PM
I can understand the fans that don't want them to immediately revisit characters already done by Sideshow. Just keep in mind, some of us were not in the hobby yet when those were available.

I'm sure they're going to want to kick this line off with a splash, so I fully expect we might get a Snake Eyes or a Storm Shadow sooner rather than later.

With each release, maybe alternating between a popular character and a more obscure character would be the way to go. At the end of the day, they're in it to make money and they're going to make what sells.

not only that but aside from commander and baroness they were not 1/4 scale, as amazing as the ss snake eyes is its too small

that's a good strategy alternating releasing big name characters with smaller ones. I think that's probably the best way to keep the line alive and continue interest

loricstone
03-03-2016, 02:18 PM

"Top 3" I'd like to see:
Nemesis Enforcer
B.A.T
Wild Weasel

Honorary
Big Boa
Crock Viper
Bazooka

Why is that? He would be a character I would really want to see in 1/4.

supermn619
03-03-2016, 03:42 PM
Destro and Snakeyes 1/4 scale please

rgsniper1
03-03-2016, 04:37 PM
1. Snake Eyes 2. Storm Shadow 3. Zartan 4. Jinx Kamakura Red Ninjas Shadow Storm. Ok, so I like the ninjas...

KELPIE
03-03-2016, 05:40 PM
All you Star Wars people knick off :slapf: ;)

Seriously, just about every statue and collectible company in the world produces merch for that franchise. It's great, we love it but surely there is enough stuff out there to fill your needs. There are no G.I. Joe statues being made, lets have some diversity in the Statue world yeah?

Why can't Sargent Slaughter happen? Rights with wrestling or the actor?

Why is that? He would be a character I would really want to see in 1/4.

WWE hold the license rights to Sgt. Slaughter :(

The problem with some of the characters is they'll look like "generic army dude" consider Footlose, Stalker, Lowlight, etc...

That said, there are plenty of great characters that I want and I had to hold myself back with 6 characters in my previous post.

For Snake Eyes, I'd want the visor look, not the goggles look.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/gijoe/images/2/21/Snake-Eyes_af2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081021163524

ReplicantSavior
03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
My top three in order of preference:

1. Scarlett - Cartoon version for the classic uniform.

2. Baroness - Her look is fairly consistent I think so cartoon or comic.

3. Snake Eyes - More ninja look than the commando look.

I can't wait to put versions of Scarlett and Baroness with my Ant Lucia prints.

I've watched all the releases and announcements from Prime 1 but this is by far the one I'm excited to see the most. I'm curious how they will go about the cartoon versions. If they will be like the animated He-Man line from PCS and attempt to be as true as possible to that look. Or just take inspiration from those cartoon uniforms and styles.

There are a bunch of other characters I'm looking forward to seeing Prime 1 attempt like Duke, Lady Jaye, Flint, Alpine, Storm Shadow, and Road Block. But Scarlett is tops since Sideshow couldn't be bothered to make a statue or figure...

Some Scarlett in action clips from the old cartoon. I can't wait. These scenes are better than anything in that Rise of Cobra movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVmtCqMVYtM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eekTSYezXI

I can't speak for the majority of G.I. Joe fans but for me, Sideshow showed more than they made. It was in their make videos and announce stuff and not release it days. Baroness in her early previews was perfect until they changed the design.

http://www.statueforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=75118&d=1350669900

And then they released 2 or 3 versions of that Baroness with the fisherman's boots. Plus, they never released Scarlett as a statue or figure to go with Baroness. The Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow statues were good but they never continued that line for some odd reason.

With the dioramas, a few designs were never released like the Road Block vs Cobra troopers. And the ones that most probably wanted like a Scarlett (or Lady Jaye) vs Baroness, Duke vs Cobra Commander, and others probably weren't even attempted.

And the figures (which I wasn't into at the time) were not as good as Hot Toys figures but at the same price point near the end. The figure pricing was the death of that line. I'm still upset about paying a bit more for the Baroness Exclusive figure only to see it on sale a few months after release.

supermgiles
03-03-2016, 10:46 PM
1/4
Snake eyes

Storm shadow

Destro

Fire fly

...Just like the drawing you posted to start this!

Spazzy
03-04-2016, 01:44 PM
im definitely in but not holding my breath for a long line, there is always excitement for a joe line but low attendance after a few pieces, i just hope they get pass the main characters and into some more random but it will probably be just snake eyes stormshadow baroness and cobra commander...not that i wouldnt get them but i have like 7 snake eye statues, 5 cc, would love to see firefly serpentor destro, barbecue, scarlett lady jaye some basic cobra troopers and specialties eels snoe serpent viper bat etc croc master would be a dream....

i have plenty of commissions to keep me busy but have been stockpiling pieces to make my own joe characters i will see hoe this line goes before junping into them...doubt will see a roadblock and some others but will hold off on the 1st and 2nd tier characters for awhile.

i also hope they stick to the more to the classic style and not to the ROC Style or their current batman style where everything is over armored...looks nice but not a fan of it.

yeek
03-04-2016, 02:53 PM
im definitely in but not holding my breath for a long line, there is always excitement for a joe line but low attendance after a few pieces, i just hope they get pass the main characters and into some more random but it will probably be just snake eyes stormshadow baroness and cobra commander...not that i wouldnt get them but i have like 7 snake eye statues, 5 cc, would love to see firefly serpentor destro, barbecue, scarlett lady jaye some basic cobra troopers and specialties eels snoe serpent viper bat etc croc master would be a dream....

i have plenty of commissions to keep me busy but have been stockpiling pieces to make my own joe characters i will see hoe this line goes before junping into them...doubt will see a roadblock and some others but will hold off on the 1st and 2nd tier characters for awhile.

i also hope they stick to the more to the classic style and not to the ROC Style or their current batman style where everything is over armored...looks nice but not a fan of it.

Yeah classic all the way hopefully...

AlizAbef
03-04-2016, 03:24 PM
Gimmie all of Cobra, including Cobra La and the Dreadnoks. To be honest, if Prime 1 is looking to do a full house run of Joe statues, I'd rather them take the scale down a notch to 1/5 or even 1/6. However, if they only plan to do a ten figure run, then yeah, stick to 1/4...if they're allowed to do 1/4.

Shoo
03-04-2016, 03:28 PM
if they're allowed to do 1/4.

They are.

Rancorkill
03-05-2016, 06:15 PM
I would love to see some of the more obscure characters. So maybe the big characters to start off the line: Snake Eye (with interchangeable visor and goggle heads), Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander (with interchangeable hood and helmet heads).

I would love to see :
Joes: Mutt & Junkyard, Blowtorch, Spirit w/ Freedom, Scarlett, SnowJob, Torpedo, Roadblock

Cobra: Zartan, Destro, Firefly, Dreadnok Torch, Buzzer and Ripper, Baroness, Major Bludd, Cobra Trooper, Scrap Iron

All 1/4 scale please!!!

shakex
03-06-2016, 01:38 PM
My vote is for Lady Jaye. I had a crush on her when I was young.

solidgadium
03-07-2016, 07:31 PM
1. Snake Eyes

2. Scarlett

3. Destro

And of course, keep them coming. Need to add to what SS did already.

Cali604
03-08-2016, 02:35 AM
Storm Shadow

Comicbookguy
03-08-2016, 03:51 AM
Oh wow!! Finally! SS failed so now we have new hope! Want all with COH options

Scarlet
Snake eyes
Storm shadow
Destro
Baroness
Cover girl
Zarana
Zartan
The main villians from the cartoon movie etc....

KELPIE
05-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Hate to bump this one with no news, however I just had to considering I completely forgot it was in the works with all the other announcements going on.

I don't know how I'm going to keep up, let alone Prime 1.

ReplicantSavior
12-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Bump.

Someone on Facebook or Instagram should ask Prime 1 about these GI Joe lines.

The original post was 1/4 and 1/3 scale. I'm pretty happy sticking to 1/4. But I do want to see and know if they are making a 1/3 Snake Eyes. And if the 1/3 line will be more comic or cartoon.

Spazzy
12-23-2016, 02:54 PM
I think it would be smart of them to stick to 1/4 and focus on getting out more characters....from a collector of all past lines of g i joe they don't last long some even canceled before they ship anything....reason why I have like 7 snake eyes statues 6 cobra commanders....luckily sideshow got out a baroness...but really hoping for a firefly

House
12-23-2016, 03:11 PM
I think it would be smart of them to stick to 1/4 and focus on getting out more characters....from a collector of all past lines of g i joe they don't last long some even canceled before they ship anything....reason why I have like 7 snake eyes statues 6 cobra commanders....luckily sideshow got out a baroness...but really hoping for a firefly

Agreed there, hopefully they will put out more characters. Not just Snake eyes, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. I think they would have extremely good sales putting out the others. I know id have a hard time not purchasing them lol. BlowTorch, Airborne, Gung Ho, Fast Draw.. the list goes on... and on..

Oh Spazzy looking forward to your upcoming work btw. I requested the Bloodrayne statue work :)

prototype78
12-23-2016, 10:35 PM
Cobra , baroness and scarlet lol

ReplicantSavior
12-23-2016, 10:39 PM

Seeing what they are doing with their Batman line, although more popular, gives me hopes for this Prime 1 Joe line. I do think the Snake Eyes edition might be a bit high though.

Spazzy
12-24-2016, 03:16 AM
Agreed there, hopefully they will put out more characters. Not just Snake eyes, Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander. I think they would have extremely good sales putting out the others. I know id have a hard time not purchasing them lol. BlowTorch, Airborne, Gung Ho, Fast Draw.. the list goes on... and on..

Oh Spazzy looking forward to your upcoming work btw. I requested the Bloodrayne statue work :)

H]

I would be in for all characters...not a big fan of the cobra commander sneak but others look great, I am really hoping we will get cobra type troopers a lot to choose from....but I am just not too hopeful how far it will go...I got over excited with SS (as well as other companies that tried) and it didn't last long which is a shame....honestly I don't know if this will last 3-4 characters...track record shows it won't unfortunately.

Got lots of plans for the new year once I am caught up and looking forward to getting to bloodrayne :)

Seeing what they are doing with their Batman line, although more popular, gives me hopes for this Prime 1 Joe line. I do think the Snake Eyes edition might be a bit high though.

It is high especially with the price tag...I guess it will depend on the timber change that seems to be the biggest complaint...

Unfortunately gi joe is Not batman....will prime 1 do a great job of course but will the buyers be there? Unlikely...but I hope so

danteipp
12-24-2016, 12:13 PM
Not sure when, but it appears the Snake Eyes EX went on wait list. I have been waffling on this statue, since I have the SS version, but just hopped on the wait list. Very cool piece and, like many, Snake Eyes was always my favorite character.

ReplicantSavior
02-19-2017, 05:31 PM
The guy on Radd Titan's Prime1 video tour, I assume from Prime1, said hopefully Baroness is coming. I'm still waiting to see Scarlett who I guess we'll see at SDCC now.